Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Time, What is Time? (Tag: Zurg)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:03 pm

Jo stretched, extending her arms high above her head. Stifling a yawn, she pushed her hair out of her eyes and wished she'd put her hair up, after all. The breeze kept making her hair fall into her eyes and she was finding it more than a little annoying. But at least it was a sunny day, warm enough that the wind wasn't bothersome. She inhaled and couldn't help but smile. She really enjoyed the fresh air in Portal Breach, something she'd never had the chance to experience in Tradeworld.

"It's a little further away," she told her companion, enjoying the way the dried leaves crunched underneath her boots. "Just around the bend over here. I think," she added, frowning slightly.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Time, What is Time? (Tag: Zurg)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:20 pm

"She thinks..."

Like a tail on a puppy dog he was close behind, swatting at pesky insects and covering his head while some forest critters found it funny to drop pointed nuts on him. It was a forest excursion today, and like a good Evil Emperor boy scout he packed a few essentials into a nifty knapsack and trekked on. Did she carry that knapsack filled with water, a distress beacon, spray, flares, spare emergency rations and goods?

Of course not. He was the packing mule. Hee-flipping-haw.

"Are... Are you sure you know where you're going?" Zurg paused and narrowly avoided hitting a low sweeping branch. Ugh, nature! It was everywhere like cancer in a smoker! With another swat at some inconsiderate bees--oh Cosmos, bees--he went back to focus. "Not that I'm saying you're terrible at... maps..." Was that a bear off in the distance? Riiiiiight... A wild bear. Terrific.

There was a small pause, the wildlife filling the void with chirps and trills.

"....We're not spending the night out here, are we." If he heard banjos he was calling it quits!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:29 pm

Jo didn't answer at first, unzipping her vest so she could move around more easily. She didn't know why he was so fidgety; it wasn't like there were a lot of insects around at this time of year.

"Aha! Yeah, I know the way now!" she said, pointing to a fallen tree on the trail ahead. "Now we turn right. And no, we won't spend the night out here! That'd be silly, Big Z! Remember the last time we were out in nature at night?"

Yeah, she hadn't really enjoyed the rashes she found on herself the next day. Blasted friction!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:36 pm

There were too lots of insects around at this time of year! He could already feel the little suckers trying to get a taste of him! Ow, ow, ow! No good spray... It was probably meant for humans! Lousy advertising!

He spotted the fallen tree, wondering what that meant and if she had been on this trail before. Well, regardless, getting lost wouldn't be so bad. There was global GPS and if push came to shove there were always his rocket boots. Ugh, nature. Nature everywhere. Why did she pick the forest, of all places?

"I remember that nature day..." Zurg grumbled, carefully avoiding a few slippery rocks. "My allergies wouldn't stop and I was literally drinking my own mucus! Although... the stars were pretty clear, too. It's funny how great, balls of swirly gas are captivating."

Ah, ever the romantic.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:43 pm

"Ehehehe.... I meant the other nature venture," she admitted, her face feeling warmer, though it was probably just from exertion. Phew! She was out of shape! "The one you're talking about was during the day. The one I meant was the one at night."

She nodded, finding stars just as pretty as he did, as she led him off the path now, thankful she'd put her work boots on for this venture. Flats just wouldn't be practical out in the wilderness. "Harness a star or two lately?" she grinned, picking up her speed now that the trees were thinning.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:00 pm

What? What day was she... "Oh. OH! I get it!" He shook a finger as he smiled to himself. Wow, he was slow today. Maybe that spray had killed brain cells. And wait, friction? "You know they make a cream for that..."

Okay, so that wasn't the most tactful thing he could have said but it was a total him thing to say! When Jo went through a tight throng of trees he tried to answer her while somehow getting stuck at the same time, his armour catching and cape snagging. Ugh, today was a brilliant day~! Let's have more days like this~!

"No! No, I didn't--nnngh!--find any stars to culti--hhhmph!--vate! One star will do for a few decades." Zurg sighed and ceased his struggling, looking around with narrowed eyes to examine his sorry lot. Oh, terrific. Maybe if he tried this way. Pivoting his body, he tried to slip through sideways, only for his shoulder plates to be uncooperative and make things worse. No... No, that wouldn't work, either. What if he... no...

A squirrel took great delight in watching his pathetic attempts, chirping loudly, and it scurried down its tree to see him in great detail. Hey, it was laughing at him. Look at those beady, black vermin eyes. Laughing. Nasty, little rat-creature! He'll give it something to laugh about, alright. Snatching its twitchy little tail before it could flee, he brought the yelping creature to his scowling face and belted as loud as he could.

"IT'S NOT FUNNY, ALRIGHT!?"

Yeah, that woke up the forest and birds cawed madly at the disturbance. The squirrel, on the other hand, was frozen stiff and he tossed it over his shoulder with a grunt. The thing probably had rabies, anyway. Grunting and clearly disinterested with the entire adventure now, Zurg tried to look around for Jo through all this mess and couldn't spot her.

Oh, no... please don't say she left him here all alone with the bears, coyotes, deers, and other nasty things! And owls! Oh Cosmos, the ooooooowls! He wasn't nature material!

He grumbled to himself, his voice the only thing rustling the silence. ".....Next time I pick the adventure place."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:19 pm

"By the time I could get cream they weren't that bad." Wait, how had he known she'd been thinking about that? That was one for the creepy books.

Jo didn't hear him behind her, but she assumed he was just fuming silently about the woes of nature again until he heard a very distinctive dual-toned voice holler in the distance.

"Oh cosmos, what now?"

Sighing, she turned back and found him soon enough, just at the edge of the thick cropping of trees, obviously stuck. She had to bite on her lower lip and fight hard not to laugh at him, but it wasn't easy.

Crossing her arms, she grinned at him deviously. "What's big, purple and stuck~?" she cooed.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:22 pm

......Was that a riddle aimed at him? And did he hear mocking? Oh, that so got a flicker from his eyes and if the Evil Emperor wasn't brooding then, he was now.

"Just help me get unstuck, Jo... I see a red ant hill not too far, and I'd rather not get bit everywhere, okay? Okay." Deep breaths, deep breaths; this was a day to enjoy being with Jo and not hating nature and wishing to glass it to pieces with a low orbit ion cannon.

But it was oh so tempting...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:24 pm

"Alright, alright," she grinned at him and grabbed one of his arms. "Just relax and I'll--huh. You're kind of stuck pretty good there."

She tugged on him some more, but it didn't seem like he would budge soon.

"....Maybe I should have packed a crowbar," she mused.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:09 pm

Did she just say a crowbar. Well, that was hurtful.

"First of all..." He began with a flat look. "You mean I packed, since I did the packing. And two... are you making fun of my size, again!? Just because Carrie calls me a whale doesn't mean I am! COMMON. ANCESTOR. There's a difference!" Ugh, today was a wonderful day~! But if Jo couldn't budge him out, then it was really up to him. There was no way she could lug his weight around.

"Forget it, Jo." The Evil Emperor mumbled while trying to straighten himself out. Wretched trees were grown this way solely to torment him, weren't they? This could have been avoided if he paid attention to where he was going, but noooooo, he had to be distracted. He blamed Jo. She chose the location, anyway. And so, it was with a deep inhale that he--THUD!

Ow...

Apparently sucking in his gut allowed him enough room to lose his footing and slide down the trees, plummeting to the earth for his freedom. If the problem had been that easy, he would have considered it in the first place! Oh, if his staff had seen this sorry display of pathetic sightseeing. He wasn't a tourist type, alright?

He got back up to his feet quickly, this time stepping around the trees and bushes to where Jo stood, clearly unamused and blank.

"We don't talk about this. Ever. Got it?" He advised before another nut fell onto his head, the same squirrel snickering from before. "........After you, Jo."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:15 pm

Jo struggled to maintain an absolutely straight face. "Got it," she said tightly, but as soon as she turned her back on him she couldn't help but grin, laughing silently to herself.

She went slower this time, checking over her shoulder every now and then to make sure Zurg was still following her. "We're almost there," she promised him. "Just a few more minutes at the most. I guarantee this trek will be worth it!"

She paused, extending a hand to him. "Come on, Big Z! You'll love it; you'll see."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:37 pm

Nnnnnngh, almost there... What was almost to Jo? Certainly not what he thought it was. Almost was just around the river ben--oh, wrong Disney associate. "Wait for me, wait for me!" He cried, taking a few long strides and catching up with her. Well, if she said this was going to be worth it he would trust her and see what it was.

He hadn't seen fall in a long time, anyway, and it was good to get out! To get out and experience... nature. Hooray...

"Alright, alright; I trust your judgment." He smiled, taking her hand happily as he walked alongside her.

Hope it wasn't a bear cave...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:44 pm

Pleased that he was now by her side, Jo led him forwards, and soon enough they reached their destination once they took a turn: a forest glade surrounded by trees that nested right by the banks of a calm, tranquil river. Now that fall had settled in for the long haul, most of the green had surrended to brilliant red and orange hues. The water was dotted with fallen leaves, as was the shore, where Jo promptly sat and made herself comfortable, loosening her vest and stretching her legs out.

"Isn't it beautiful here?" she asked Zurg happily, just soaking it all in. "I discovered it by chance a while ago and thought of you."

She picked up a small twig and tossed it into the water, causing ripples to fan out and lap at the shore before fading away.

"What do you think?" she asked eagerly, smiling up at him and patting the spot beside her. "Do you like it? I find it soothing, very peaceful. A good place to just sit down and think."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 pm

Huh... this wasn't on the brochure...

But Jo was right; it was a lovely, secluded place. The autumn colours were so vibrant that all the treetops blurred together to him, and he rightfully couldn't tell where one tree began and another ended. Wonder how she saw the world... certainly not as bright and migraine-inducing as this. Aside from the rustling leaves, the wildlife was already preparing to shift from day to night and the crickets and larks were out crooning and chirping. It was rather relaxing, he had to admit... and the cool breeze made sitting down all the more inviting.

"It's a beautiful spot, Jo, but..." He sat to where she wanted and tucked his legs neatly, brushing away any worms or insects that may be around. "Why did you think of me? When I see this I.... Hmmm, I really don't know..." It was true, sadly. He didn't have fall where he came from, or trees. Or serene rivers like this, either. He didn't have any of this; this alien world. What did she see and he didn't?

Of course, what he did see was something nasty right beside Jo. "There's poison ivy near you, by the way. You may want to move a bit." He warned so she wouldn't get a rash.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:09 pm

"Hm? Oh!" She knew poison ivy was just nasty, so she scooted away from it and closer to Zurg, accidentally bumping her thigh against his. "Sorry," she apologized, resting her hand against his knee.

She looked over the water again, admiring the way the trees were reflected in its surface. "To be honest, I'm not sure why I thought of you when I first came here. The setting just felt kind of familiar."

She hugged her knees to her chest, the breeze slightly chillier than it had been before. "I guess it's because it reminds me of your personality. When you first look at this place, it's not something that sticks out. I would have nearly passed by it the first time, actually. But it's when you take a closer look you come to appreciate how beautiful it is."

She pushed some hair out of her face and smiled shyly at him. "It's like you. And I wanted to share it with you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:08 pm