Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Time, What is Time? (Tag: Zurg)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:07 am

Jo blinked, still in that same crouched position from their embrace, wondering why he'd suddenly broken it off. But it soon became clear what the problem was.

"....Ohhh. You've missed the latest episodes." Well, she hadn't known that! She thought he was diligent in his space opera viewing! What in the cosmos had he been up to this week that he'd missed All My G'shktahk? One did not simply miss All My G'shktahk!

"Er...." Talk about being put on the spot! "I do? Kind of? Sort of?" She rubbed the back of her neck and smiled sheepishly.

"...Oh, alright. I'll admit, when I first started watching the show I thought it'd be silly and cliché, and it was! But blast it, I wanted to find out what would happen next! And so here I am now." Literally sitting on the edge of her seat to find out what would happen to the love triangle and the poor, unborn child! What irresponsible parents! But then again, guurzalks were notorious for their sexual appetites, so she wasn't surprised there.

"Don't tell anyone," she added in a low whisper. "I always go on about how soaps are terrible and f the others found out I actually liked watching one I'd never hear the end of it!" Just imagining Kev, grinning at her with his mouthless grin was enough.

"And I promise I'll make it up to you." She hated being spoiled about things too, so she could pretty much guess how upset he was. "Just say the word and I'll do whatever you want me to. I promise."

....Wait, maybe she should have said whatever he wanted she was willing to do. Blast.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:05 pm

"Whoa! Whoa, whoa, whoa." Zurg fanned his hands and made a time-out sign. "I think you better rephrase that sentence because I'm sure people can get the wrong implications in a heartbeat. I mean, imagine Kev! He'd be grinning that stupid mouthless smile and you know he's smiling because his eyes become all squinty and you just want to pop him! Noooo..." The Evil Emperor growled, rattling a fist. "This is what you do to Kev. You throw him in this river! WAIT! I got an even better idea! You take off his clothes and then throw him into the river! NO, WAIT! I got an even better idea! You take his clothes, throw him into the river, and put his stuff in a bear cave with a honeybee hive attached! HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!"

Oh, how evil! Torturing Kev was always fun! He could go on about evil schemes regarding Kev forever! But, he won't. This was Jo time, not Torture Kev time. That'll come later.

"Ah, well..." He settled down, dismissing another hand. "If it makes you feel better I've been "briefly"--He did air quotes. "--watching your wrestling programs. And even though they are so totally fake, and so totally for the brutes who like mindless violence... they're pretty darn fun to watch. I think it's all the flowery costumes they wear and the sheer audacity of people calling it a "sport."

Ah, yes. Wrestling. He had dismissed this claim.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:14 pm

"You know what I mean!" she stuttered, flushing slightly. "I want to make it up to you. Just name your price." But it was so like Zurg to let the opportunity slide, so she really didn't have anything to worry about.

"You have?" Oh, if the smile on her face could be any wider. "Isn't it so funny to watch them get down and dirty? All that testosterone and that male brutality's hilarious to watch!" Hah! She knew she'd start rubbing off of him sooner or later. First stop wrestling matches, next stop burritodom!

"Anyway." She pushed her hair back and lay back against the grass, putting her arms beneath her head and looking up at the quickly-darkening sky above. "Was there anything else on your mind? Go on, don't be shy. Big Z's got to have something or other between those horns of his."

Say, Big Z would make a good wrestler's name....
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:30 pm

"You need to rephrase that one, too!" Jo, making things worse to infinity and beyond! Anyway, she was right. He wasn't going to hold her spoiling mishap to the grave and it wasn't like the show didn't have reruns. He could simply record it and watch it later. No harm, no foul. But she was going to take out the trash later. Oh, yes. The last time he did, repugnant juices splashed all over him and he became all sticky! Nnnnnngh! Not to mention insects hovering over him for the sugar!

Although her widening smile was certainly unnerving... and as he listened to what Jo found so exhilarating in wrestling, he could only feel his frown widening in response.

".....I think we like watching wrestling for entirely different purposes." Whereas she liked to watch people get the smack-down delivered, he liked to watch it for their costumes, their signature moves, and just the general campiness of the..."sport". What in the Cosmos did she find so fascinating about testotesterone!? It was only a hormone! One you could purchase over the counter, too...

Jo wants to be Joe? Well, he had seen weirder things happen.

"Huh? Anything on my mind?" The question caught him by surprise, and he mentally stalled. Oh no, was this a critical thinking question? He hated those! What was he supposed to say!? "Ahhh, oh... er... besides a brain and skull, you mean?" He tried to joke, still floundering about what to say. What did she want him to say? See! This was WHY he hated critical thinking questions! He considered too many variables too fast.

"Well... I don't know..." He shrugged with a murmur, choosing to remain sitting and admire the darkening scenery. "I'm not thinking of much other than enjoying myself."

Oh, no. A professor would have flunked him for that answer.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Oct 07, 2010 5:35 pm

"Details, details~" She waved her hand lazily and closed her eyes. She was feeling kind of drowsy now. Maybe they should head back soon. It was getting darker and colder by the minute. But not just yet.

"I'm enjoying myself too." She smiled. "I don't feel so silly sharing little things like these with you. You always seem to understand. It might take you a while, but you do~" she teased.

But hey, she was right. Zurg was rather slow in some things, but she didn't mind. Things were supposed to happen at a natural pace, and she liked where they were right now. Sure, there had been a few bumps along the way, and the most recent one still hurt sometimes, but Jo felt that these obstacles only brought them closer together. As long as they stuck with each other and solved their issues together, everything would work out fine.

"Why don't you lie back?" she suggested, tugging on his cape a bit. "The grass won't stain your robes, I promise. I need a little cover from the cold!" Zurg was like her personal furnace. He was the warmest thing to cuddle (and the softest) whenever the weather was a little nippy.

"Do you think building a summer house here would be nice?" she asked curiously, the question popping into her head suddenly. She valued his opinion and wanted to know what he thought of this place. It was really nothing special, hardly anything breathtaking, but it was calm, peaceful, and she liked how different it was from what she was used to.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:52 pm

"Yes, well, details, my dear Jo, are very important. Need I remind you about Delila and her... predicament?" He was referring to how the djinn managed to lose her special connection with some theocratic ideal in the stead of becoming human and mortal. If she had read the finer prints--the details--she could have avoided her entire, angst-ridden descent into anherodom; which would have spared a lot of drama and bleeding ears.

And Zurg, of all, knew how important reading the finer print could be. Just ask Arius~! Hey, was that a butterfly...? And hey, she was calling him slow! Pish posh.

With a roll of his eyes, he leaned forward and started to play with some grass, weaving them together for no particular purpose other than to fiddle with something. "It's a good thing you're patient, because my understanding--as slow as it is, apparently--would be for naught if you were hasty, impatient, and all around hyper-active in everything I could think of. So we fit like a T~!"

Okay, so that was lame, but hey! The way he said it was funny, alright? Funny. With a T for terrible.

He felt her tugging, making a face at her suggestion. "Nnnnngh...." There were worms, beetles, and ants in that thar grass! Cosmos know what else, too! Not to mention it was probably wet and he may have allergies and there could be little organic, chocolate buttons lying around and he laid back with crossed arms, blinking upwards to the sky. That was that.

"That cloud looks like Lightyear's chin... And building, you say? I'm no contractor." But that said, he pondered her question and sought to see if he had input. "Personally, you should see what else is out there, Jo. You may find better locations than this one, and this one is rather... out of the way. There are no established paths leading back to civilization and it's remote. Maybe too remote. I didn't see any signs of locals, either, unless you feel up to asking a neighbouring bear for a cup of sugar. You'd be all alone out here; isolated entirely. Not very safe for a lone woman such as yourself..."

Of course, he knew Jo liked this spot so he tried to even it out with something positive.

"But it is nice a place! Just... more walking-by material and enjoying it for a day."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 12:47 am

"Oh, you mean about how she's human now?" She made a face. What a snivelling, pathetic excuse for a being. Calling them mundane just because they didn't have powers. Mundane and ordinary.

"Like a T~!" she echoed, and she suddenly had the mental image of a large t-shirt fitting the both of them at the same time. Well, that was weird. Funny, cute, but weird.

She listened to his advice carefully and nodded. The fact that she could be swayed by him was fair indication how much she valued his opinion on such important matters. "You do have a point. It's really far and out of the way. But that's alright. I'll keep looking for the perfect location~!"

She hugged one of his arms and looked up at the sky. "Hey, that cloud does look like Lightyear's chin! Fancy that!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:00 am

Alas, he could be out here forever with her, but the only thing nature did to Zurg over a long time-span was this: "Zzzzzzz....."

You could say he was already one with the whole universe thing.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:04 am

Jo rolled her eyes and prodded his arm. "Big Zeeeeeeee~ Wake uuuuuuuuuuup~"

Why did he always fall asleep when he was spending time with her? Was she really that boring? Cosmos, is was beginning to be a habit! A bad habit Jo was finding she didn't like.

"Zurg, I'm not going to carry you all the way back." She kept prodding and poking his arm in hopes that he'd wake up. "We can leave now." Poke. Poke. Poke.

Cosmos, when he slept he really slept!

"Oh, well. If you don 't wake up I guess we'll just have to spend the night out here...."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:10 am

"No! Not spend the night in the woods!" That got him up, and he snapped to. What? Hey... she did that on purpose! With a snort he rolled onto his two feet and dusting himself free of any piece of nature he could find. Yuck, the outdoors. He had enough of that in his younger years.

And it wasn't that he fell asleep around Jo; it was just that nature was boring! Pretty and picturesque, but utterly boring. Although... it did seem relaxing after a hard day's work. If only he had brought some fishing poles...

"Alright, it's getting dark now and the mosquitoes are out for blood. My blood." He grumbled while slapping the back of his neck and scowling at the air. "You ready to go, Jo?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:12 am

Hah! She knew that would get him!

"Yup!" She sprang to her feet and dusted herself off, shaking some leaves out of her hair. "And I know what you mean. Pesky buggers are after my blood too." She swatted some flitting around her face away. "Let's get out of here before they get more vicious."

She stretched, bones popping in a most satisfying way. "So, do you want to take the easy way out or the hard way?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:18 am

Hard way or easy way? Scratching a horn, as seemed habit to do when confused, the Evil Emperor collapsed his teeth into a little pout and looked around the world to see if the answer would show up.

It didn't.

"Is this a trick question, Jo?" He slowly asked. "You mean there's something harder than getting here?"

Stupid trees and squirrels...
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:20 am

"No, Big, Z!" she grinned. "The easy way out would be for you to use those nifty boots you keep bragging about how you got on sale to get us out of here!" She pointed to her own, oil-stained boot and wiggled her foot for emphasis.

"And the hard way out would be to trek all the way back to the highway again." Oh, what fun. That would take at least an hour or two, and by then it would be pitch-black.

"It's your call~"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:30 am

Ah, yes... the rocket boots. He could use those and be out of here willy-nilly, but then... where was the fun in that? Weighing his options carefully, the Evil Emperor tapped a tooth while the world became darker still, his yellow pupils slowly dilating as the absence of light continued to grow.

"You're going to hate this of me, but I say the hard way~!" He smiled innocently. "Oh, what fun it is to trek in the dark of the wilderness~!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:34 am

"Alright," she said slowly. "We'll trek back."

Well, that took Jo by surprise. She'd expected him to want to be out of here as fast as possible. And then she frowned to herself. Just what was Zurg up to?

"We go this way." She pointed to the direction they had come from and she started off, looking over her shoulder to check on him before focusing her attention back to the invisible trail.

Until they reached the actual path, she would have to remember what twists and turns they took to get them here in the first place, and going in reverse was always harder.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:11 pm