Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

A quick tune-up

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:14 pm

Prixlezub walked through the city in his human form, following the directions Given to him by Kev. He was wearing his viking armor, the default outfit that he usually wore when he had shifted into the guise of a human.

quite a large place here.. he thought to himself, turning a corner and going down yet another street that was indicated by the directions. He followed the road and came upon a large white building with a red cross on the front of it, with a large lit sign that read PORTAL CITY HOSPITAL in bright red letters.

"This must be the place.." Prixlezub said to himself, walking up to the large sliding doors, his eyes widening slightly at the fact of the doors opening on their own, something that never happened before on his home plane.

"Interesting..." He mused as he entered the sterile building, walking through a second set of doors, flinching slightly as he was it with a blast of warm air from the heater above the doorway. Prixlezub scanned the waiting room he was now standing in, looking at the rows of plastic chairs, beyond them was a reception window. The place looked seemingly empty, the room being so quiet and not a nurse in sight.

Prixlezub made his way up to the reception window and looked around, he looked down at the small counter/table that stuck out from the window and saw a bell, with a note next to it in neat cursive:

"Please Ring For Service.

Prixlezub reached a hand out and tapped the bell, the ringing echoing about the waiting room. He shrugged and sat down in one of the plastic chairs, grimacing at the uncomfortable material.

Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: A quick tune-up

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:29 pm

Salli blinked as she heard the bell in the waiting room ding. That was surprising....ever since this mess with the monsters had happened, they had been getting fewer and fewer patients here. Sure, at first, people would get attacked and need mending, but soon, the monsters stopped attacking and started all out KILLING...leaving nothing for them to do. She was the only one in the hospital for now. The nurses were humans and had taken cover somewhere safer, and Salli stayed behind, in case someone was in need. Strangely enough, Nurse Mads Deblanc had disappeared without a notice, which was worrying. Had she gotten killed?

Salli shook her head a bit and picked up a clipboard, now wasn't the time for thinking of trivial things, someone needed help. She opened the door to the waiting room, looking around in case a monster leaped out. Luckily, the one person in sight was a strange man with...reddish skin? Peculiar, but not unheard of in the Breach. She smiled as she walked over to the man, her heels clicking on the floor as she made her way towards him.

"Good evening sir! I am Dr. SALLI, what do you need assistance with today?" She asked politely.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:42 pm

Prixlezub looked around upon hearing the clicking of the nurse's heels. He looked some what confused as he saw what looked to be a metal woman walking towards him, with a smile on her face.

The work here better be good.. he thought to himself as the woman stopped and spoke to him politely:

"Good evening sir! I am Dr. SALLI, what do you need assistance with today?"

he rumbled before shifting into his full demon form in front of the woman, Prixlezub's horned head almost touching the ceiling. The firey mane licked at the ceiling but surprisingly left no burn marks, another little peculiarity of the Breach. Prixleuzb snorted out a puff of smoke before replying.

"That depends, Miss Salli." he rumbled, scanning over her with his blazing eyes before lowering his head to her and pointing to the iron stub where his left horn had been sheared off by the light saber. "How proficient are you at metal-working?" he rumbled before turning to show his badly damaged tail. The gimped part of the tail along with the blade dragging along the ground, creating a terrible screeching noise, not to mention leaving a deep cut in the rubber paneling.

"Also I need this to be mended properly." he added" The durability of my hide is above the quality of titanium, so you better know what you are doing, Miss Salli." he rumbled before turning to face her again.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Salli blinked and stepped back a bit as the man in front of her changed into a large red creature. This was unprecedented, but once again, not new to the Breach. She narrowed her optics to get a better look at the wound on his head.

"Strange....it looks like your horn was sheared off by something extremely hot and sharp...a plasma weapon most likely. Looks painful...." She said with a small wince. She smiled a bit and looked into the creature's eyes. "My main field is the field of medicine, but I'm more than able at metal working as well. But, since I am unfamiliar with your species, I will have to consult you before I do anything that might be painful or damaging." She added, before inspecting his tail.

"That slice into the rubber will need to be filled in, and I'm not exactly sure how to fix your tail and horn besides welding.....how would your species fix a wound like this?" She asked, before glancing at the roof. The creature could barely fit in here, let alone move around for her to get to where she needed. And of course, if she needed metal, she'd have to go to the robot wing. "I imagine you aren't too comfy, crammed in this room like this. I suggest we go outside to mend you up.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:30 pm

Prixlezub grinned a little at the nurse's response to his sudden change, as he pulled away his head from her after reporting the damage done to his body.

"Strange....it looks like your horn was sheared off by something extremely hot and sharp...a plasma weapon most likely. Looks painful...."

Yes, the wound to my horn was made by a light saber when I was in a duel. he growled out the word "light saber" still remembering the humiliation suffered from having his legs cut out from under him.

He rumbled approvingly when she mentioned that she was proficient in metal-working, it made him feel that the metal woman was at least somewhat competent at her job, however He grimaced when the mentioned she was not familiar with his kind of hide.

"That slice into the rubber will need to be filled in, and I'm not exactly sure how to fix your tail and horn besides welding.....how would your species fix a wound like this?"

He rumbled in thought upon her words for a moment, trying to recall a time when his armored hide was ever damaged this badly. Moments later he remembered a time in his youth when he had come across a Fallen with an enchanted diamond blade, said blade achieving to leave a deep gash in one of his legs. He was home-bound for a few days while he was fed molten ore and bandaged up with fire-proof dressings.

There was something more that sped up the healing process... Prixlezub racked his brain trying to remember, then it dawned on him. diamond-imbued stitches given with a specially tempered titanium and diamond tipped needle, the only thing strong and sharp enough to pierce his skin and sew it back together, the rest of the wound usually healed on it's own, helped along by devouring a few healthy portions of souls.

"Ah! I just remembered, you will need a special kind of needle and thread in order to mend the wound in my tail." Prixlezub rumbled before continuing "More specifically, diamond-imbued thread and a specially tempered titanium needle with a diamond point. It must be tempered specially to be able to sew up the wound without my body temperature melting the needle, or the thread."

He shifted on his weight before he added in "I presume that you already have these materials in the building?" Prixlezub rumbled.

"I imagine you aren't too comfy, crammed in this room like this. I suggest we go outside to mend you up."

"Yes, I would like to move outside, this room is a bit...small to my liking."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:23 pm

She quickly wrote down what he had said into her clipboard. A thread of diamond and a titanium needle with a diamond point. And it needed to be able to sew without melting. That was....a tough order. But Salli hadn't failed a single patient yet, and she wasn't about to now. She nodded and walked over to the side of the waiting room, where a pair of larger double doors were. She opened them, revealing a large alley between the building beside them. The doors had been installed here so that larger paitents could get treated outside, yet still make an appointment by peeking their head in.

"Its a tight fit, but I'll meet you out there. I'm pretty sure I might have what you need, or at the least, have something that could replace it and still do the same job!" She promised, although her smile was a bit uneasy. With a final nod towards the doors, she sprinted her way to the robot wing, looking around the cabinets in there. She managed to find a titanium needle with a high melting point, but no diamond tip. Her optics shifted into a determined look though.

She ran back to the waiting room and looked inside the 'Lost and Found' box, finding a beautiful diamond ring inside. She delicately plucked the diamond out of its spot to the ring and set to work in making a tip for the needle. She worked quickly, and after about ten minutes of labor, she managed to fit a chip of the diamond onto the tip of the needle. She let out a relieved sigh and set the needle aside. But she was only halfway done.

She pondered and pondered, desperately trying to think of a place or reason why a hospital would have a diamond thread. She snapped her fingers and went to work, looking through a medical cabinet labeled 'Miscellaenous'. X poofed many random things he thought that the hospital may need to heal patients. One such thing was a chicken heart. She hadn't had a chnce to use it, and she never thought she'd have a reason to, but she scrambled through the cabinet. After a few minutes, she located a cylinder that twinkled in the light. She grabbed it up and found it to be exactly what she needed.

She walked outside into the alley where she had instructed Prixlezub to meet her. She produced the fruits of her labor, a needle with a diamond tip that wouldn't melt easliy, and surgical thread imbedded with diamonds.

"I'm back, and I believe I have what I need...and the procedure is like what I would normally use correct? Sewing up the wound?" She asked, clarifying. She wanted to make sure she knew what she was doing before she started sewing into the creature.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:21 pm

Prixlezub rumbled, watching the robotic nurse leave, heading her advice and squeezing through the large double doors to the alley outside. It was definitely colder out here than inside the hospital, but he did not notice it much. When one has a five-hundred-degree body temperature, most changes in temperature (unless extreme) don't even pull a small shiver.

He settled on his belly, thrumming his claws on the asphalt, the super-heated appendages quickly making the substance start to bubble and then catch fire. He sighed, his firey mane crackling and dancing in the breeze as he waited.

"Sure is taking her time..." He rumbled under his breath, growing impatient.

A few minutes later, the doors swung open and he saw the metal woman quickly walked out and showed him the needle and thread she had in her hands.

"I'm back, and I believe I have what I need...and the procedure is like what I would normally use correct? Sewing up the wound?"

He leaned his head close to the woman's hands, inspecting the materials. After a few moments of examination, he nodded approvingly.

"Yes, those are the right materials, Miss Salli." he rumbled.

"Make sure the wound is double stitched and set far back enough in the skin, the thread my hold, but the hide has torn in previous situations due to incompetent hands making faulty stitches. Either there was no double stitch, or the thread was too close to the edge of the wound and it ripped out..." He rumbled before moving his tail so she could have better access to the wound
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:51 pm

Salli nodded and set to work. She magnified her optic to a higher setting and threaded the needle carefully, not wanting to damage the very instruments she took the time to make. Prixlezub lowered his tail to her level and she grabbed the tail carefully, gently pushing the two ripped parts together. She pushed them as close as possible to one another, 'skin' against 'skin', before she began to sew them together.

As Prixlezub had instructed, she placed the stitches a fe inches away from the ripped edges of the skin, and made the stitches double stitched. She made her way down, sewing slowly and carefully, trying to be precise and careful as she went. She didn't want this poor creature's skin to end up torn due to a stupid mistake by her hand.

About 20 minutes passed before Salli tied off the end of the thread and quickly morphed her left arm into a pair of surgical scissors to cut the thread. Since it was imbedded with diamonds though, it took several tries before she severed the actual thread, keeping the diamonds intact.

She wiggled her robotic fingers a bit before getting up and going back inside. She grabbed several chemicals, borrowing extensively from the 'Miscellaenous' cabinet, and made a mixture of tough, sturdy rubber. She came outside with the mixture and applied it to the deep cut Prixlezub had in the rubber panel of his tail.

"There, both of those should hold! And if something happens with the stitches, just come back and I'll try and fix it....now....what are we going to do about your horn?" She asked, looking up at the chopped off appendage. She'd hate to encounter whoever Prixlezub had battled in a dark alley.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:13 pm

Prixlezub rumbled in discomfort as the nurse went and worked on his tail, feeling every stitch going into mending the appendage. However he did not complain, not wanting to distract the metal woman and make the procedure last longer than it needed to. A good twenty minutes passed before he had heard the scissors snip the thread that mended his tail. Prixlezub looked back at the nurse and his tail, observing the panel being placed over the wound.

Must be a kind of bandage... he mused, watching the rubber bubble then melt into a protective sort of covering over the wound.

"There, both of those should hold! And if something happens with the stitches, just come back and I'll try and fix it....now....what are we going to do about your horn?"

Prixlezub rumbled and thought for a while, he knew that kit would require a ton of metal for a prosthetic, and he disliked the thought of having even a very good quality reconstruction. No, only the original horn would suffice. The original horn however was still at the arena probably still laying in the dirt where it had fallen. He growled, inwardly cursing Ahsoka for putting him through so much trouble just to get properly put back together.

"Only the original horn will suffice for the repairs, a prosthetic is too weak." he said to the robot. "However, the horn is back over at the Stadium, probably still lying in the dirt from my previous battle. If you could attain it, I will allow you to reattach the appendage."

Prixlezub rumbled and eyed the nurse expectantly, awaiting her answer.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:27 pm

Salli tapped her chin, thinking. The Doctor didn't want to leave the hospital, what if another patient came along? Or what if more monsters came to attack and absolutely trashed the hospital? And then she thought of a solution that she should have thought of in the first place.

"Sir, I believe I may have an idea!" She said, running back inside the hospital. She searched through the medical cabinets, searching and finally finding a canister labeled 'nano-bots'. the nano'bots were able to replicate and create more cells, very useful for amputations and the like. Presumably, the same bots would be able to replicate Prixlezub's metal cells and regrow his horn for him, without having to attach the original or making an inferior prosthetic.

She inserted the needle of a large shot into the canister, drawing out a lot of nano-bots, more than the normal amount would be needed to regrow the horn. The nano-bots looked like a shimmery, silver liquid, very alien looking.

She came back outside with the shot and looked up at Prizlezub. "This is a shot full of nano-bots. They should be able to heal and recreate your horn for you! I warn you though, I assume it will take 20 more minutes of your time. If you want me to use this instead of finding your original and replacing it, I will. All I need you to do is bend your head a bit so I can inject it into the wound area." She explained.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:39 pm

"This is a shot full of nano-bots. They should be able to heal and recreate your horn for you! I warn you though, I assume it will take 20 more minutes of your time. If you want me to use this instead of finding your original and replacing it, I will. All I need you to do is bend your head a bit so I can inject it into the wound area."

He rumbled in thought, pondering whether to go through with the procedure or not. The nanos might be able to fix his horn, but he was unsure of the quality. However, it would be better than a prosthetic, or rummaging around the arena for an appendage that might have been claimed as a souvenir by some citizen already. He growled at the thought of some one running around with his horn like as if it were some trophy.

He snorted out a cloud of smoke into the air as he made a decision.

"I agree to go through with this nay-no bot procedure." he rumbled, lowering his head to allow the robot woman better access.

"However! If the horn created by these nay-no bots is inferior to the original horn, I will break it off and demand my original be attached in it's place." Prixlezub said sternly, making his point clear.

He eyed the woman expectantly, awaiting the needle.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:59 pm

Salli nodded respectfully. She could understand how the creature wanted an appeandage to be top shape, especially since he seemed to be a very frequent fighter. If she were to lose her left arm, she wouldn't except anything except for what she had had before.

Prixlezub had lowered his head and she gently applied the tip of the needle to a small chip in the otherwise cleanly-sliced horn. She again had to marvel at how efficent yet scary the cut had been. That light saber sliced through the metal of this creature's horn like a knife through butter. To think what that could do to something less powerful then the metal of this creature's hide.

18 minutes had passed, and Prixlezub's horn was almost fully grown back. Salli smiled up at Prixlezub, before rembering that she hadn't caught his name.

"Only one more minute and you'll be all done! And like you said, if the horn is not atisfactory, you can come back and I'll replace it with the original. May I catch your name, sir?"
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:24 pm

Prixlezub flinched slightly at the alien feeling of the nano bots attaching themselves to the iron stub that remained of his horn, then regained composure. he rumbled at the strange tingling of the nano bots as they slowly rebuilt his horn, right now he desperately wished his head-lamps were the wrap-around kind, like the newer cars, so that he could watch what the bots were doing. But more importantly, he wanted to see if they rebuilding it CORRECTLY.

Prixlezub fidgeted his claws slightly during the wait, feeling unusually anxious over the nano bot procedure.

"Only one more minute and you'll be all done! And like you said, if the horn is not atisfactory, you can come back and I'll replace it with the original. May I catch your name, sir?"

ah, good, only one more minute until this is over... he thought to himself with a sigh, puffing out a cloud of smoke in exasperation.

Prixlezub looked over at the nurse, thinking over her request to know his name.
    "I apologize for not introducing myself earlier," He rumbled."I am Prixlezub, Prince of Automotive Hell, Beast of the Infeno." He finished, grinning and showing off his iron teeth to the nurse.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:38 pm

Salli smiled and curtsied to Prixlezub a bit. How intriguing, a Prince of an Automotive Hell!

"Impressive title Prince Prixlezub!" She said, politely and graciously. 20 minutes over, she reached up and gave his horn a gentle tap. The horn did nothing in response to the tap. She gave it a slightly harder tap, still nothing. Well, that assured that it wouldn't fly off when he made movements!

She gave Prixlezub a small nod and stepped out of his way. "You are free to leave now Prince Prixlezub. Just be gentle with that horn and tail, and if there are any problems at all, come back anytime and I'll mend the problems!" She said with a smile.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:51 pm

Prixlezub chuckled at the curtsy, amused.

He felt the taps on his newly grown horn, wanting to shake off the nurse's slightly annoying actions, but abstained from doing so. After all, the woman just helped quicken his return to the Arena. He grinned at the thought of returning and fighting again, achieving both glory and strength.

When the nurse stopped tapping his horn, he pulled away, looking around for a reflective surface. After all, he wanted to see for himself if the horn developed properly and was not just a mess of iron.

"You are free to leave now Prince Prixlezub. Just be gentle with that horn and tail, and if there are any problems at all, come back anytime and I'll mend the problems!"

He nodded at her words, then leaned in again for a final request before he left.

"Thank you, Miss Salli. Could I however, see a mirror? I would like to see how my horn came out." He requested, anxiety breaking his usually confident demeanor. The idea that his horn did not develop properly really irked him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:03 pm