Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Money Get

Post by Skyler on 11/18/2010, 19:26

Jana walked into the shop, calling out for Zippy only to realize she was right there in front of her. Zippy had told her to come over so she could get used to the basics of the shop. "Hey Zippy! Jana, reporting for duty." the real reason she wanted a job, was so she could get enough money for her and Link to get rid of the sun somehow. This would be the perfect opportunity.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Money Get

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/18/2010, 19:52

Zippy turned around and grinned. Oh, goodie! Jana had arrived! Just in time too-she was setting up the last bit of records and CDs. Great chance to show her how to arrange the stock. "Great! You made it! Now...where to start..." The teen twisted her labret ring, looking around the shop. "Weeeelllll...let's start with these-you'll need to know how all the CDs and records are arranged."

She rolled her head, motioning the younger teen to follow her. In her hands she had a large box, open with records stacked inside. She walked to the back of the shop, listing off the genres as they passed them. "...blues...jazz...oi...punk...rock...aaaaaaand, back here is instrumental. Most people call it classical, but that's just an era in music. You see, there's music from the Medieval and Renaissance era, then we go into Baroque, Classical then Romantic before hitting the modern era. Of course, unless you're a music whiz, you won't really know that, so we won't get nitpicky in arranging this. Just arrange the music alphabetically by the artist, records go up on the shelf-I didn't order as many of them because they're 'old school' and not as many people listen to 'em anymore. Shame. Sound quality is diffferent. Once we get this done, I'll show ya where the stock is, and how to use the register, and show ya the rest of the place, sound good?"

Setting the box down, she started putting the records and CDs up the way she told Jana to, and nodded for her to do the same.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/19/2010, 08:32

Jana watched and listened as Zippy explained, looking at the genre names. "Ok." she said as Zippy listed them all. The wirepup continued to follow her and still listen intently. Alphabetical order didn't seem to hard.

The Fixer had always made her organize his files when he wrote what robot or person still owed him something. Normally people without money had to make delivery's to the more....sinister criminals on Trade World. He hadn't even trusted Jana going that way, and she was the only one he had that was willing to help around the store. There was no point in wasting a child like that, it was best to get someone else to do his dirty work than a mere child.

"Sure think, Zippy. This doesn't seem so hard, not at all!" she happily reached into the box of CD's and took out a stack, the one on the top had a guy playing a saxophone, though Jana didn't really know what it was. In the bottom corner of the CD is was labeled JAZZ in big, yellow letters and some kind of bar code underneath it. She put it on the shelf, and started doing the same with the other CD's.

"I don't know half these names, Zippy, let alone how to pronounce them." she said as she looked at the last CD in the stack she had picked up. "Who's this girl?" she showed Zippy the album. The name JUSTIN BIEBER was in big, white letters with a simple text and there were piano keys going around the girl in the middle.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/19/2010, 14:50

"It shouldn't be! Actually, stocking was my favorite part of the job when I worked at the record store back home. Always got to learn new artists." She grinned and continued setting up the instrumental, getting a good portion done with Jana's help.

Zippy snickered when the teen mentioned she didn't know half of the names. She'd had the same problem when she first started. "You learn pretty quickly, especially if ya like something. Though I'll probably have a mixed CD in most of the time." She laughed, but stopped abruptly upon seeing that abomination. "...that is not a girl. That's this teeny bopper that little twelve year olds go ga-ga over." She shuddered. How had that even gotten ordered?!

Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/19/2010, 20:13

"Artists? Since when do artists make music?" she asked, tilting her head before realizing what Zippy had actually meant and hung her head, feeling stupid. She quickly forgot about it as she looked back at the Bieber CD as Zippy told what it was. "Should we throw it out, then?" she asked, looking at the shelves. "And could we put some music on, please?"

[INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/19/2010, 20:27

"Yeah, throw it out. I don't think anyone here will wanna listen to it. It's the only one in there, right?" She looked at the box, not noticing any others. Huh, musta been a freak accident. She shook her head and walked over to the counter, turning on the radio that sat on a shelf. Stitches by Orgy kicked on as the pink haired girl made her way back to finish stocking.

"After this, we'll run to the basement real quick." She grinned.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/19/2010, 21:23

"Ok, will do, boss." She said, the words sliding off her tongue happily. She hadn't had a boss since Vaati, unless you counted NOS, but she was more of a master then a boss, since she had to listen to what he said, whatever he said, and would most likely not want to say no.

She continued to put things away on the shelves, as she tapped her foot to the music. It had a nice ring to it. "The basement? what's down there?"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/19/2010, 21:37

Boss. Hehehehe! That amused her far more than it should've. She snickered and broke down the box once all the CDs and records were out of it and on the shelves. She'd run the box behind the shop to the dumpster before showing Jana where she kept stock.

"That's where the stock room is, basically. There's only so many CDs we can set out at a time, and the extras are kept either here-" She pointed with her foot to a space beneath the shelves with boxes in it, "or down in the basement. It's locked, though, so you'll need a key." Zippy picked up the flattened box and headed towards the front door. "There's only one key, it unlocks the front door and the basement door."

Once outside, she squeezed between the buildings to the alley and tossed her box in the dumpster. One of the cats Barry fed ran up to her, mewing. "Sorry, kitty, no food from me today." She returned to Jana, and gestures towards the stairs. The gate wasn't locked, and pushed in so the two could go down the steps. Zippy handed Jana a keyring after unlocking the door and stepping in, showing a decently lit, but large room. There were boxes stacked up and on shelves, a punching bag in one corner, and the walls were in desperate need for fresh paint. "Shouldn't spend too much time down here, just coming and gettin' some CDs or records from time to time." She pointed at the boxes. "They're labeled already, I did that last night so ya know who's in what box."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/21/2010, 18:10

Jana followed Zippy, happily humming as she did. "The Fixer had a stock room, but it looked more like he threw everything in, and just used me to clean it...all the time." she said, sounding just a little annoyed. Cleaning was not something she grew fond of.

"Why don't we get another key? Isn't there some way to make a spare, in case this one is lost?" She asked as she followed Zippy into the alley, and then into the storage room.

"Wow, it's so big in here!"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/21/2010, 18:55

Zippy listened to Jana but didn't say anything, partially because she'd never heard her talk about this Fixer guy, plus she didn't sound too happy about it. On top of it, she didn't have the heart to tell Jana she'd have to help clean sometimes. Not too much, she'd do most of it, but there would be some stuff here and there.

"I meant the same key for the basement and front door. I have my own copy, and one in my room at Barry's." She grinned. That was her fault-she did word it badly.

Jana's amazement at the size of the basement amused the older teen. "Yeah, it is pretty big, isn't it?" She looked around and shrugged. "Yup, not much to see here. Just a borin' old basement..."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/23/2010, 16:18

"Oh that would make more sense" she chuckled nervously. Why did she always ask such stupid questions all the time?

There was so much space, like it hadn't been used very often. "Big basements always seem to have secrets or something to them. Like a secret door." she was starting to act childish again.

"....what were we doing down her again?" she turned back to Zippy
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/23/2010, 17:26

She nodded and looked around the huge basement. Basements were kinda creepy. Like, really kind of creepy. "Yeeeeeeeeah...uh...oh! I was just showing you where all the stock was kept. Let's get back upstairs." She walked out, waiting for Jana before locking the door and jogging up the steps to the cash register.

"Know how to use one of these?" She raised an eyebrow.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/23/2010, 17:48

Unlike Zippy Jana didn't find the basement to be quite that scary. Being a burglar she worked the best with the dark where she could not be seen. She inwardly frowned as they had to leave but she quickly forgot how much she cared as they walked up to the register, memories were remembered. The Fixer had tried to teach her to work it.

"I don't really remember much....show me again?@
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 11/23/2010, 18:05

"So you have worked one before? Great, this will be easy review then," she checked to make sure it had tape and money before pointing everything out and explained it. She thought for a minute, then held up a key. "If you need to void something ya gotta use this key. I'd keep it with me, but I don't want you to have to run to the bakery to get me if I'm not here. So, it'll be here when I'm gone, but when I get back, I'll have it."
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 11/23/2010, 19:50

"Understood, boss!" Jana said excitedly and wrapped her arms around Zippy. "I am going to have so much fun here. And don't worry I will be such a great employee, I promise!" she let go of Zippy and smiled.

"What times do you need me to work and stuff?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11/12/2018, 18:23