Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

First Stop for Holiday-Shopping!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:46 pm

Jo was wrapped up snugly in her winter clothes, a wooden box underneath one arm and a bag in the other. She'd completed the chess pieces a few days ago, and she and Zippy would paint them together to finish them off. But this visit would also be an opportunity to see her store for the first time, something Jo had been looking forwards to, but had never had the time for. But with the Holiday quickly approaching, she knew that she'd have to get presents for her friends. And one of the people on her list was Drakken, who had mentioned a few bands he liked, including karaoke. She could bag two birds with one stone like this. And so could Zurg, who was at a loss what to get the mad scientist.

"This is Zippy's store! It looks pretty good!" Jo elbowed Zurg and smiled up at him sweetly. "Be a gentleman and open the door, if you please~!"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: First Stop for Holiday-Shopping!

Post by Zurg on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 pm

"Can't. Fingers. Frozen!"

Zurg was shivering behind Jo, his knees chattering together as he tried to keep himself warm, hands hugging his arms like they would fall off from shivering so much. It was bloody cold out here! Since when did it become so darn bloody cold! With a puff of frigid air he did his best to open the door and felt his fingers crack underneath all that metal. "A-After to y-you!" He stammered.

Why wasn't this scarf working!?

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:45 pm

As soon as Zurg opened the door to the shop, a wave of loud noise seemed to smack them right in the face. Inside, Zippy was dancing around the store, shaking her head from side to side and air drumming in time to the music. That was, until she felt the rush of cold air. "Ooh!" She spun around, motioning for them to hurry up in. She was still warming up from just arriving from the bakery.

The teen made her way over to the counter, turning the radio down some. "Now, what can I do for ya two?" She leaned back against some band shirts she had hanging behind the counter, arms crossed and fingers tapping to the tempo. It was hard to hide just how excited she was, but she did like seeing friends, and surprise visits were even better!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:14 am

"Aw, Big Z! You should really get a jacket or something!" She entered quickly, closing the door firmly shut behind him. He was always so hot in the summer and so cold in the winter! Jo wished she could do something for him--or at least get him warmer clothes for these circumstances. He should have told her about this beforehand.

A wave of music hit her ears, with a nice rhythm to it, guitars riffing and drums pounding. "Hey, Zippy!" Jo waved. "Nice place you've got here!" And it really was nice. It felt very cozy, and homey, like she was finally going to relax after a had day's work. She put the bag down, then handed Zippy the box. "I'm here with the chess pieces, just like I promised! Tell me if you like them!"

Then, she moved back to Zurg, rubbing his arms. "You feeling warmer yet?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:32 am

Zurg would have to take Jo's suggestion on a jacket for it seemed his battle armour wasn't even enough these days. Blasted blizzard! Too soon! It was too soon! But the cold was the least of his worries and no sooner had he opened the door a cacophony of sounds accosted him.

He naturally tried to cover his horns with a wince, at first mistaking the lyrics for grating, unorganized tunes and melodies. The Evil Emperor was astonished to realize that it was a song, and Zippy was right over there bopping her head to the beat. Jo, too! He didn't have the heart or desire to tell them that he thought such brash, relentless jams were deafening and causing him a splitting headache. Thankfully Zippy had the sense to turn it down and the alien could at last remove his hands.

"Hello, Zippy..." He said rather meekly. Was that ringing he heard? Humans and their loud be-bopping, or whatever it was! Zurg watched Jo go about to the counter, whereas he chose to remain at the door, looking around. Hmm, seemed to be all sorts of music in here. Can't say he knew most, if any, though. Jo had mentioned that perhaps they should find Drakken something in here, but... what? Zurg didn't know the man's tastes!

In the midst of his thinking on what to get the mad scientist, Zurg heard Jo's muffled voice speak out to him. "Hmm? What did you say? I left something in the warmer? I hope not..."
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:51 am

Seems the Emperor didn't like the music. Oops. She turned her attention back to Jo, surprised to see the box of chess pieces. "OH! Awesome!" She set the box on the counter and opened it, thrilled to finally get to see them. Carefully, she took each piece out examining it before turning to the next piece. Ooh, these would look great on that chessboard she'd gotten! Then, maybe Barry would stop being so bored all the time. "They look great! We just need to get 'em painted!" She put them all back, setting the box next to the register.

Also seemed Zurg couldn't hear very well. Oh, c'mon! Her music wasn't that loud! Just as loud as her stereo would go while she was alone in the shop. Which, was a bit louder than she realized. She just snickered at his mishearing Jo. "Is there anything else I can get for you?" She spoke a loudly so Zurg could hear her as well, leaning on her forearms against the counter, her gaze shifting between the two. "It's Wednesday! Buy two, get one free on certain items!"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:16 am

"Oh, did you go temporarily deaf?" She gave him another playful pinch, then turned to Zippy. "His horns can't stand loud frequencies," she explained. "And I can help you with the painting too, if you need any. But first...."

She plopped her elbows on the counter and smiled up at Zippy. Oh, that bargain was just too good to pass out on. They came here on a good day! "We also came round for some Holiday shopping! And here's where I'm hoping you can help me out."

She assumed a more solemn look, then said, "Drakken and Leo. We're here to get presents for them. Any tips for karaoke fans and old school rock lovers?" She didn't know much about the music people listened to on Earth, so she was hoping Zippy would be able to give her a few tips. She remembered Drakken mentioning a band too, but she just couldn't remember what. Some sort of boy band....
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:32 am

Well, deaf or not, Zurg certainly heard the word 'free' and he was suddenly very interested. "A sale~! I love sales!" Yes, sales were Zurg's one weakness! But, shh! Don't let his enemies know that! The man had an addiction to browsing good deals!

"Yes! We're looking to buy Holiday presents for Drakken and Leo." Zurg called over his shoulder while inspecting these... Golden Oldies. KC and the Sunshine Band? Elvis? Louis Armstrong? Were these all human musicians? Drats, and he wanted some Tigeri shunkaal'k, too!

[INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:52 am

"Holiday shopping? Ooh. Fun!" The girl hadn't really grown up accustomed to the whole Christmas frenzie, they didn't make a huge deal about exchanging presents during winter. Just a few small gifts. Birthdays were where they went wild. Of course, she was trying to get everyone something for the holiday. Jo's gift was already made, as was Drakkens; Jana, OV, Barry were done, too. Everyone else just got cookies. She didn't have much of an idea for Zurg. Speaking of which..."Yeah, sale. Every Wednesday!"

She tapped her lip, thinking about Leo and Drakken. She remembered Drakken being rather fond of this band...Oh Boyz? Yeah, that sounded right. She skipped over to the section with karoke CDs and pulled a few out. "Boss likes this band. Not sure why, it's kinda creepy, but...eh." She shrugged. Her real dad had liked No Doubt. But, now that she thought about it, it may have been more for Gwen than the music.

Next at bat: Leo! And old rock! Ooh. That one she liked. She bustled over to the rock section, thumbing through, naming off bands. "AC/DC, Aerosmith, Alice in Chains, The Beatles, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Doors, The Eagles, Guns'n'Roses...hmm...Led Zeppelin, Lynard Skynard, Motley Crue, Pink Floyd, Queen, Red Hot Chili Peppers, The Rolling Stones, Van Halen, The Who, ZZ Top..." She took a deep breath and turned to Jo. "Now, I'm not sure what sorta stuff Leo likes exactly, but the Stones and CCR are both really great bands; of course, it's hard to go wrong with the Beatles."
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:00 am

"I never celebrated the Holiday so I don't know much about gift-giving, but I think it's nice to spend a day trying to find things for your loved ones." She'd had fun at the food court and giggled to herself. She'd never think about ketchup in the same way again!

"He does?" Jo followed Zippy and looked down at the cd cover, trying very hard not to make a face but failing. Oh cosmos, they looked like simpering teenagers. Drakken liked this stuff? Eurgh.... "Well, if he likes it, I'll get their latest album. Or their Best Of. Do you know if he's missing anything?"

But when Zippy began to list off old school bands.... that's where Jo got lost. She'd never heard of any of them before. But she looked down at some of the covers and relaxed. They felt somewhat familiar. Artistic style didn't seem to stray too far from dimension to dimension. "I don't know if I'll get Leo a cd.... do you have any shirts or hoodies instead? Oh, and lighters!" she remembered, snapping her fingers. That interrogation yesterday hadn't been for nothing, after all!
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:07 am

What in the Cosmos did Zippy just list? Zurg never heard of tho--oh, right. Earthen bands. Why was he not surprised he hadn't heard of them? It would seem that this Holiday shopping was harder than it looked, and the Evil Emperor continued to rifle his fingers through a few more stacks. This one was apparently called Pop--and it was useless to say he hadn't a clue about any of the bands here, either.

"It's a first for both of us." He told Zippy over his shoulder again, ceasing his digging around to return at their sides. "We figured we'd try it out together." His eyes fell upon the band that Drakken liked, Oh Boyz, and Zurg just blinked stupidly at it. ".....I see. Well! Who am I to question another villain's tastes?" In short, what kind of a band was that!? And what kind of a name was Beetles!? Earth music certainly was strange, but maybe he'd give it a try one day.

"Lightyear? Oh, lighter. Bad habit." He apologized for the slip of his tongue. "I didn't know Leo liked lighters. He does smoke, but I didn't know. What kind of lighter would we get him?" Seemed Jo knew her prey well!
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 am

Zippy smirked at the face Jo made. Yeah, she felt the same way. It was...bad. She twisted the metal ball in her labret as she tried to remember what he was missing. "I don't think he has their latest album. Really. What kind of respectable villain would go out of his way to buy...this." Ugh. Just holding the CDs made her feel like she was commiting a horrendous crime. She just shook her head and handed Jo the latest album.

"It's cool, I'm about done with my shopping. As soon as my next shipment gets in..." She shrugged and blinked at their confusion. Right, right. Different dimensions.That was a burden at times! "Well...I also have some CDs with different artists on it, that might be a better option. And I have shirts!" She pointed to the rack behind the counter. Mostly classic rock and some punk band shirts, though a few modern bands squeezed their way into her inventory. "No hoodies, but I could special order one. I don't have lighters either." That was partially because of Jana hanging out with Shadow Link. Nothing against either of them but...that boy was a pyromaniac. If she had lighters and he came in here, oh the horrors!

"Buuuuuuuuut...there's a brand of lighters, GREAT lighters, called Zippos, they're nice, metal, flick open. Wide variety to choose from. I could order something, or the mall might have some." Talking about the lighters made her go dreamy eyed. Oooh, were those nice lighters. It didn't quite sink in that's also what Barry called her.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:33 am

"Don't ask me!" Jo snorted, waving the cd around. "What respectable person would buy this?" Oh wait.... that would be her. Craters! She gave Zippy back the cd and took the latest, glancing down at the cover, and if her face could get any more sour it would. Oh well. This was for Drakken, after all. Some sacrifices had to be made.

She eagerly went over to the shirts. They were all black, only a few being red or white, and they all had album covers on them or band logos. She'd probably get Leo one of these shirts. Too bad she didn't have any hoodies! Jo liked hoodies, they were snug and warm.

"Zippos, huh?" The first thing Jo thought about was Zippy herself, and she bit on her lower lip to not snicker. It was a shame Zippy didn't have any lighters, but she shirt could do.

She looked over her shoulder at Zurg. "What do you think we should do, Big Z?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:40 am

"Drakken would buy that." Zurg remarked flatly, clearly sharing the ladies' distaste with the CD in question. And a CD! How archaic! Well, it was for the mad scientist so it would have to do. "We'll take the CD, I guess, and as for Leo." He listened to what Zippy had told them and he thought about it.

"I don't know anything about the bands Leo likes, Jo. Do you? Do you recognize any band logo he may fancy?" He gestured to the shirts. Jo seemed to be wanting for something, but what he could not rightfully tell at this time. And he would have to think of it later as Jo asked him for his opinion.

"The Holiday is next week. Zippy, how long would a shipment take to arrive here?" He asked the young woman. "Are Zippos allowed to be customized?"

[INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:07 am

So they all agreed it was a horrible CD! Great! But, Drakken liked it, so it was pointless to keep complaining. He wasn't getting a CD from her, that was for sure. It was bad enough to have that in her shop. They were a bit better than that Justin...whatever. She just let out a heavy sigh.

Jo seemed to like the shirts. Zip watched, bopping her head to some new song that she didn't know-it wasn't even from her world, or in a language she understood. The rythym was nice though. That's all it needed. After a moment, and listening to them discuss it somewhat, she pointed to a Rolling Stone shirt that just had their iconic logo. "That's a pretty popular one. The Beatles are also popular." she pointed to a shirt. "That one's personally my favorite, nice, simple. I think we have a blue one here..." She jumped the counter and dug through, finding a shirt identical to that, in a faded blue. It was a soft cotton, slightly distressed looking.

Still holding the shirt, she looked at the Emperor. Delivery? That was a pretty good question, thought she wondered if it was a bit of a test to her abilities at running the place. And Christmas was how soon? Wow! "Next week? Really? Huh...anway, for a smidge bit more, I could get the shipment in by, oh, Friday or Saturday. A custom Zippo might take a few extra days, so, that would probably be in on...Tuesday or Wednesday at the latest-if you rush ordered it..."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:29 pm