Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: First Stop for Holiday-Shopping!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:41 am

"He mentioned a band called Five-Fingered Punch or something?" Jo mused, browsing through the shirts. "But he said that's something Tally likes, and that he's more into old rock...." Leo didn't really let on a lot about himself, so she was lucky she got that much information from him. Poor guy! She hoped he'd like their gifts.

"Oh, that shirt's nice!" She fingered the blue, faded material. Had she ever mentioned that blue was her favorite color? But it was particular shades she liked the most, and this was one of them. "The Beatles, you say?" She'd personally think twice about liking a band named after a bug, but if it was classic, then they could get this shirt for him. She figured he'd appreciate the blue shirt more than the black.

"Or, maybe.... do you have it in orange?" She didn't think the chances of finding this shirt in orange were high, but customizing a metallic Zippo lighter sounded riskier than just buying one. "As for lighters, are there any that have any designs on them, or are kind of hard to get compared to other designs?"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:51 am

"Five-Fingered Death Punch? They're good, too." She tapped her lip. And here she was just going to give Tally a David Bowie poster! Well-she still might... she glanced back at Zurg, then leaned towards Jo, whipsering "Leo seems to be in the dumps lately... I think it's all the police crap..."

She figured Jo would like it, she recalled being told blue was her favorite color. The material was what she liked. So soft...it was pre-broken in, without being used! Great deal! "Orange? Nope, sorry." She gave her friend an apologetic look. "But, you don't have to customize a lighter. They have some awesome designs."

Again, she got dreamy eyed thinking about the lighters. Oh, what beautifully crafted lighters.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:46 pm

Five-fingered what? Okay, then. Zurg wasn't going to question it. He simply listened to what the women had to say, choosing to instead what to think for Leo. So the man liked lighters and old rock, huh? What was old rock? Nnngh, think! He wasn't really a man fond of shirts--they didn't have shirts where he came from!

"Why not just... purchase him an orange guitar with a built-in lighter." What had he smoked today? "I think that if Leo played an instrument and participated in this old rock, it may help his mood. Music does that, no?" At least he had sound reasoning!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:24 pm

"I think it's the police and.... well, maybe something else, but who knows?" Jo said, not wanting to get involved in Leo's business unless he asked for help. She didn't feel right talking about him like this, either.

"Aw, I was hoping for something in orange. It's his favorite color!" They'd have to improvise. It didn't sound like those Zippos came in orange either. But that's when Zurg came to the rescue with a suggestion of his own. Jo couldn't help but snort loudly. "Well, we could go for an orange guitar.... but I don't think they have built-in lighters!" Just the mental image was cracking her up.

"What do you say, Zippy? Got any instruments?"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:54 pm

She just nodded at Jo. Who knows? The poor police having to deal with the likes of Delilah-even if she was dead. They were just underappreciated. Maybe they needed cupcakes!

Zurg's comment made her almost facepalm. Customers always right? Pfft. "Uh...I don't recall 'em working that way." She just shook her head, thinking about what Jo said about orange. Hmm. "Y'know, Zippos come in matte colors, and some vibrant designs. C'mon up to my office, I got a few guitars, and I can bring up the site to show you some lighters."

She didn't give them a chance to protest, just headed up the steps and through the beaded curtain. Upstairs, she manuevered through the blue kitchen and into her office and lounge. "Is he a rightie or leftie?" She asked as she grabbed an acoustic off one of the giant commfy seats to return it to it's place on the wall with some other instrutments. Beside the piano were several large cases, two that were pink, and on the other side smaller cases. She strolled over to the computer, going to the Zippo site first and bringing up a few lighters. "Lessee...there's a police lighter, an orange matte lighter, and a rockerish lighter. Guitars are harder to choose, especially if you don't know what hand is the dominant one, if he even knows how to play, or how serious is about it."
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:51 pm

Bah, they probably thought he lacked the mental capacity to give gifts! Zurg wasn't Santa, they were right, but he knew eccentricity when he saw it! He tried being the bigger person and simply went: "Hmm", following both women up the stairs onto the second floor of the place. He didn't think Zippy would actually let them into her personal realm, but again he chose to remain observant and silent.

The lighters didn't seem bad, but...

"I think I already know what to get him." The Evil Emperor remarked without provocation. "You get him something, Jo, if you see anything you like." He wasn't entirely sold on the guitar or lighter anymore--or even the orange guitar with flaming tuning pegs.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:04 pm

"I think he's right-handed...." Jo said, looking around her. Cosmos, Zippy was more than just set. She'd settled in quite nicely. And here all Jo had was a tiny fridge in one of her storage rooms for snacks and a toilet room with a sink. "But I don't know if he plays."

Jo saw the lighters, the last one catching her fancy, then checked out the guitars hanging on the wall, wincing slightly at the prices. They were kind of expensive....

Tilting her head at Zurg curiously, she tapped her chin and said, "I think I'll get him the shirt. I don't want to out you through any trouble, Zippy! And it's the holidays. Orders are going to be slower and more expensive. But thanks for showing us what you had! Your store looks great!"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:27 pm

Zippy shifted her gaze between Zurg and Jo. "So, an abomination to music for Drakken, a Beatles shirt for Leo...anything else?" She closed out of the window and stood, motioning for them to go on and walk downstairs. At Jo's compliment, her face lit up. Nobody she knew had come to her store to buy things yet! They only came to spar...

"Thanks, Jo! And you're welcome! Gotta keep customers happy!" She kept grinning, following them down to the actual shop to help with anything else and check them out.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:36 pm

Beatles. What kind of a name was Beatles?

Not bothering to ask Zurg just followed Jo down the stairs and waited near the cash register, ready whenever she was. He didn't feel like he could add anything else at the moment, sadly. Maybe if Zippy got more ethnic things, or something!

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:28 pm

"Yup! Just those will do!" Jo decided, handing over Drakken's cd as she followed Zippy down the stairs, Zurg trailing close behind. They came to a stop before the register, and Jo pulled out her wallet. "How much for the shirt and cd~?"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:44 pm

"Lessee...CD is fifeteen, shirt is twenty...so, thirty-five credits!" She scanned both items quickly. "Y'can get another CD if ya want, it'd be free. Or a free poster." She nodded towards the bin with long tubes in it. "They're numbered, 'most all the posters on the walls here are available. The jazz poster isn't though, and I don't think I got the House of Blues poster in yet..."

She shrugged, folding up the shirt and setting it in a bag along with Drakken's CD. After a moment she stopped and looked at Jo. "Oh! How much for the chess pieces?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:00 am

Thirty-five? Zurg crossed his arms, wondering what Jo would get for the sale. He hadn't seen anything, and yet another idea came to his mind. Let's see if the ladies would stare at him this time.

"Why don't you trade the items for services." He suggested. "The chess pieces for the CD and t-shirt." It was an honest barter, wasn't it?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 am

35 credits didn't sound too bad, but Jo quickly raised her hands in supplication when Zippy asked her about the chess pieces. "Oh, no! You don't have to pay me for those....!" But then again, Zurg's idea wasn't ha;f-bad either. Jo cold guess that Zippy would insist on paying for the chess pieces (she was a lot like her in that aspect), so in the long run they'd both benefit.

"Er.... do you want to trade?" Jo asked Zippy tentatively.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:25 am

"But you worked so hard, and there's so man-" Zurg stepped in right in time. Yes, she would've argued with Jo about the price, All that hard work! She looked at the Emperor then the mechanic. "A trade sounds good!"

Looks like they both won! She grinned and handed Jo the bag, tossing the receipt in.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:54 am

Ah, a win-win situation for all. Zippy got her chess pieces and Jo got the Holiday goodies. Still not as cool as his guitar idea, but it would do. Drakken better like that CD, though. It was absolutely distasteful otherwise!

"Ready to go, Jo?" He asked, shaking what was the last of the melted snow from the outside. "A nice place you have here, Zippy. Maybe I'll research some Earthen songs and perhaps buy a few... compact discs." The Evil Emperor wondered if they sold CD players nearby.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:28 pm