Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Movie Night!

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:25 am

Ooh, fun! A girl's night o-er, in! Movie night! It'd be great to hang with her two best friends, watching movies in her shop. She wasn't sure if they'd bring movies, but she had rented a whole bunch earlier today. Even some movies that looked kind of cheesy, but hey! Movies are movies! If they were that bad, they could laugh at them! Jo DID say she would bring some snacks, and she had some soda and snacks of her own in the kitchen. She'd made sure the place was homey for the kids she gave lessons to, and for Jana to be comfortable. She worked so hard! Zippy felt if she wanted to relax and take a nap or something, she could just run upstairs.

So, the pink-haired girl sat on the steps, bopping her head to some good ol' No Doubt, being reminded of her father. Seriously, he enjoyed No Doubt for some reason. Was it because he thought Gwen was hot, or the music? She never knew, but she didn't care to. She just sung along, bopping her head, her bangs brushing the tip of her nose, and her mohawk swaying a bit. Recently, she'd tried just hairspray and some mousse rather than gel and hairspray. The result was quite fluffy! Honestly, she thought she'd go with the thicker look. She'd wait to see what Jo and OV thought, though!
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Movie Night!

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:42 am

It was cold outside, but Jo was bundled up tightly in her warm coat and boots, one hand stuck firmly in her pocket while her other gloved hand held onto a large supermarket bag stuffed with snacks and goodies. Popcorn, chips, soda bottles and bags of candy! She didn't bring and plates or glasses, but she's seen Zippy's store and hoped she had extras.

Her breath steamed in the air, and her boots crunched in the snow. Her boots were usually uncomfortable in the summer, but she loved them. They were so reliable, even though they were scuffed and splattered with oil stains. When she turned the corner, she saw Zippy sitting on the steps, then waved at her. "Hey, Zippy! What're you doing out here? It's freezing!"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:34 am

The teen fidgeted with her cigarettes. She thought about smoking one, before Jo showed up. Except-she was right there! "Hey Jo! I was just gettin' some fresh air, thinkin' 'bout takin' a smoke break out here." She shoved the pack back in her pocket. Rather than her coat, she just had a thermal shirt on beneath her Rosy the Riveter shirt and a pair of acid washed bellbottoms. Rolling her head towards the door, she jumped up and pulled it open. "C'mon! OV should be here soon...it's just us! Didn't invite no boys!"

Pfft. Boys. Who would she invite anyway? None of the guys were able to hold her attention longer than a fight, except Shepherd, but he'd vanished right around the time the Silent Hill shit started. Sometimes she wondered if he'd somehow bought it with him, but never thought too hard. He'd just kind of disappeared without telling her where he was going. That's what bothered her. Of course, now there was Mustang who confused the hell out of her, and poor Cap. Not that she liked them! Nonononno! She scrunched her nose at the very thought of it, then looked at Jo, waiting for her to walk in.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:57 am

"Ah, that reminds me of a sleepover we had that was girls-only! Jana and Anei were there too. Funny.... I remember us pulling a prank on Kieran and Tank, but I don't remember how it went...." Despite that fuzzy blank in her memory, Jo followed Zippy inside, putting her coat, hat, gloves and scarf away and making sure to wipe her feet before she entered.

"What movies are we gonna watch?" the mechanic asked curiously, wondering whether she should have brought a few movies with her too.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:27 am

"Oooh, pranks!" She laughed, remembering doing things like that at home. Ah, good times, good times. Prank calls, ding-dong-ditch (which wasn't what she heard it as in St. Louis, but she didn't feel right thinking the correct term), truth or dare. They should do that sometimes! Though, not at her pl-er, Barry's place. She didn't think he'd like a bunch of girls there.

"Weeeeell...I got Dark Ride and The Gravedancers, both horror, or...they're suppose to be. We'll see. Hmm...Click, Funny People, uhh Zombieland, Beetlejuice, Pulp Fiction,and The Fifth Element. I got some more up there, but those are the only ones I can-oh! And The Princess Bride." Her favorite movie was in the bunch-Beetlejuice. What a great film. She leaned against the counter, thinking. There were more movies, but those were the ones she knew off the top of her head, and the ones she liked. Except the first two, she wasn't sure. Something told her they wouldn't be good. Probably predictable and laughable.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:12 am

"Yeah, we told Tank his pizza was horrible and put laxatives in it!" Jo laughed, covering her mouth, unable to stop grinning at the memory. That had been one of her best moments!

"Ooh, I love cheesy films! They crack me up and make an otherwise boring night at home fun!" Jo grinned, already remembering some cheesy ones she'd found once. "Do any of them have space battles or are they all horror?" She wondered whether their horror genre was the same as Earth's. She suspected not, but she wouldn't mind trying something new out for a change.
    [INACT.] Overcast
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by [INACT.] Overcast on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:23 pm

OV, being the weird lil' vampire she was, had sneaked into Zippy's shop while she and Jo were preoccupied. She waved at them as they entered the room she was in. "Hey guys~ Sorry I didn't say hi. Been watching eps of the TMNT again lately and I was in a ninjay mood." She grinned a bit. "Anywho.... I brought a few movies. Uh... What did I bring..." She dug around in her Hammerspace for said movies, pulling out several. "Ah, cool! I got The Count of Monte Cristo, Amadeus, 9, and the League of Extraordinary Gentlemen."

Setting the movies on down for a moment she resumed digging around in the Hammerspace, pulling out a few bottles of soda. GLASS bottles of soda! "You haven't had pop until you've had it in GLASS bottles! It just tastes better fer some reason... My therapist got me some a few times back then." Good times, good times... "A shame they switched to plastic and the cans. Ah well."
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:58 pm

"OV!" Zippy jumped hearing her. Jesus! What a sneaky little vamp! She listened to what movies OV had bought and grinned. "Oooh. League of Extraordinary Gentlemen is good, but not as good as the graphic novel..." She sighed. Alan Moore was a genius. He was one of the few she liked in the comic industry. She blinked at the glass bottles. Er...what? She looked around. "Riiiiight...uh..."

Space Battles? She turned to Jo, thinking. "Well...there was Aliens? Alien...something like that, where this creepy alien sneaks onto a spaceship and killed people...but for the most part 'horror' is all about slashers, all blood...er...uhoh..." She turned back to the vampire. Blood+OV=bad. It was kinda funny. Zombieland and Pulp Fiction might have to be put on hold for another time...damn. She shrugged and pointed to the stairs. "To the television!"

And with that, the teen ran to the green and purple room upstairs, throwing herself on one of the oversized, comfy seats happily. Mmm...soooo comfy.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:05 pm

Jo jumped, looking around frantically before spotting OV. Cosmos, was she sneaky! But then again, that probably came from her being a vampire. Good thing she didn't like drinking their blood! That would make their friendship a little awkward....

"Looks like we're all ready!" Jo hefted her large bag, kicked her boots off, then followed Zippy up the stairs. "And I figured there wouldn't be space battles, but I've seen that movie! It was fun and nerve-wracking! Zurg won me a plushie of a chest burster when we went to the amusement park!" He found it really creepy that she slept with it and called it Mr. Snuggles, but she made sure it wasn't around whenever he was over.

"Wow, awesome couches!" Jo put the back between the seats and plopped into the other one, settling back. Ooh, these were so comfy! When she got a new house she'd have to ask Zippy where she got her furniture from! She adjusted her dark blue hoodie and smoothed out her jeans, waiting for OV to pick a seat so they could decide on what movie to watch.
    [INACT.] Overcast
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by [INACT.] Overcast on Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:45 am

OV followed the younger women up the stairs. "What? You kids ain't never had coke or pepsi in a glass bottle? Ya' don't know what yer missin'... I just made myself feel old..." OV took a seat. "Ooh, these are comfy." Not as comfy as the furniture in the back of the Curiosity Shop. But still comfy none the less. OV set the case with the bottles of assorted coke and orange soda down.

"Alrighty, seems like we got a lotta movies to choose from. What we wanna watch?" She asked.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:32 pm

"Well! This depends on what we wanna start with. A little romance? Action? Horror? Or, something funny?" She dug around in a small cardboard box, finding some extra movies in there. She turned to the other two, the box in her lap. "I'm not terribly picky, but I've only seem one movie OV bought over. What d'ya girls think?"

She set the box down and went to get a big bowl and some cups, humming and waiting for them to come up with something. Jo might like the Fifth Element. There were aliens, space stuff, floating cars...and not a lot of blood, so OV wouldn't get sick. She sat back down, setting the things in the floor. "Maybe sci-fi. OV, did ya bring anything sci-fi?"
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:36 am

"How about something funny? I like a good movie that can make me laugh!" Jo said, popping open one of the chip bags and emptying it into the bowl Zippy brought. "Then again I also laugh with cheesy horror films. I don't mind the movie, I'm game with whatever you girls choose. Do you remember the movie we watched at my place, OV?" she asked curiously.
    [INACT.] Overcast
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by [INACT.] Overcast on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:16 pm

"Er.... The League is more fantasy.... Uh... Closest thing I got to Sci-Fi is 9. It ain't futuristic but there's machines killing people. Plus, just look at the animation! Its gorgeous!" OV shoved the DVD into Zippy and Jo's faces respectably. "Not to mention the music is lovely~" She cleared her throat, setting the DVD down. "Heh, sorry. I just really like this movie." OV rubbed the back of her head, grinning awkwardly.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:33 pm

"Oooh...sounds neat." She looked at the movie then put it in her DVD player. "Next we'll watch The Fifth Element?" She looked for the controller, grumbling under her breath. Where was the damned thin-oh, there it was. She picked it up off the radio and hit play. Once the screen popped up, she plopped down on the couch, opening a bottle of soda. She got comfy and ate some chips, watching the movie intently.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:02 am

"Sure, okay," Jo agreed. "Let's watch this 9 and then we can watch the Fifth Element.... whatever that is."

She poured everybody some soda, passed them the cups, then settled back, grabbing a fistful of popcorn.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:48 pm