Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

We Need You to Answer a Few Questions

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 19:11

A clean, pristine black Ford rolled up to the shop's parking lot, brakes squeaking and the engine giving one last roar before dying. There was the sound of doors opening and closing, and two suits got out with their fingers cinching their ties and their shades reflecting in the sunlight.

"This is it, Slick." K remarked blandly as he stepped onto the curb, heading for the business known as City Noise. A quaint place. Music store. Didn't seem dangerous from first impressions, but the seasoned agent knew better and he secretly packed a small pocket blaster. "City Noise." He read the name aloud while taking off his shades slowly. Always robotic the man seemed. He never strayed from protocol and routine.

J, of course, sidled up and took off his shades with a unique flair, eying the place and the surrounding area. Hmm, appeared legit enough. "What do you think, could be a front to something more sinister like Jeebs' place? You always hated that guy." You never know with these citizens.

"Only one way to find out. Let's go."

K wrapped his hand around the handle and pulled open the door, already prepared for the worst. "Ma'am, we need to ask you a few questions, if you have the moment." Show time.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: We Need You to Answer a Few Questions

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 12/31/2010, 19:29

The shop was empty when the agents entered, music blaring through the shop. There were some boxes on the floor near the back, empty shelves in the process of being put up. Zippy walked up the steps out of the basement, carrying a large and heavy box. She raised an eyebrow, a bit curious to the men coming to her shop. Funeral directors, maybe? She ran to catch the door, using her foot to keep it open. "Welcome to City Noise, how can I help you?"

Kicking the door open with the foot she caught it with, the pink haired girl walked in, carrying a box towards the back, setting it ontop of the others. She wiped her forehead, eyeing the two. Hm. Suits. They kinda looked like they could be in the mafia. She smiled a bit nervously, used to kids rather than adults. No telling what these guys wanted.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 23

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 19:39

What the hell kind of music was that? J quirked a brow, thinking it was some future tune. It probably was, but it wasn't bad. Actually, he kind of liked it. The young agent bopped his head a bit while K went to go do his old people thing. Aw, yeah! J could get used to liking this store!

K disregarded the loud music, however, and walked up to the young woman, already taking out his I.D. to show her. "M.I.B. I am Agent K, and my partner is Agent J. We're here to conduct an investigation. Can you tell me anything about this young woman here." He put away his I.D. while at the same time taking out a photo of the woman in question, Jana Serini.

"Hey, K! They got something from your time, The Beatles!"
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 12/31/2010, 19:57

Oh dear god, law?! She looked flabergasted, and frowned seeing the picture of Jana. "That's my only employee, what about her?" She straightened up, getting a bit tense. What did they want with the girl? Jana hadn't been getting in any trouble, she'd told her that. Surely the younger girl wouldn't lie! She pinched the bridge of her nose, realizing her reaction probably looked bad. "Sorry, she's upstairs, but she's been here every day, working her ass off. She's a great worker."

Maybe all the explosions she caused with Shadow Link were coming back to bite Jana in the butt. Zippy looked over at J when he mentioned the Beatles and grinned. "We also got Beatles shirts and posters."
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 20:03

An interesting reaction. Seemed genuine and sincere, and K couldn't see a fib. An honest employer looking to make an honest living. The agent pocketed the picture, gaining the information he had hoped through Ms. Sokoll's body language. "And I wouldn't doubt that, Ms. Sokoll. However." His eyes briefly glanced upwards at the stairs. "However we have reason to suspect that Jana has recently been involved in a bank robbery with an unknown male, which we presume to be a boy during the night of the 29th. Where was Jana during that time. Do you kno--."

"K! K!" J came running on over, holding out a t-shirt for the incredulous old man. It was a faded Beatles shirt, along with one of Elvis' CDs. "Huh, huh? Tell me you don't want one of these, K. It's time you get rid of those old 8-tracks in that hoopdee of yours. Oh, and, we found bomb residue at the scene of the crime, so any information on that would be especially helpful." J added with a no nonsense attitude.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 12/31/2010, 20:17

"Please, just call me Zippy." She crossed her arms, shoulders drooping. A bank robbery, huh? Dammit, she'd told Jana not to even think about that! If she didn't run around with that SL kid, she'd be fine. "Shadow Link. They hang out a lot." She kept her voice low, not wanting to alert Jana, but feeling a bit like she was betraying her for cooperating with the police.

She turned her attention to J, checking the shirt and the CD out. Eight-tracks? They still made those? "I haven't seen an eight track since I was little...hm. Shadow Link likes bombs. Anything else I can do for you? Maybe an Elvis collection, or Run DMC cd?" Her gaze shifted between the two.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 20:23

Huh, K wasn't expecting that. The young lass was cooperating fully and without causing them grief. Now, it could have been a trap, but K was getting no such vibe. She seemed like a smart girl; she knew better. "Thank you, Ms. So--Zippy. Can you tell us about this Shadow Link? If he's the second culprit how can we find him and bring him in, and will Jana cooperate as peacefully as you have."

"You and me both, girl." J snorted as he gave his partner a disappointed look. "All the technology from the galaxy, and the man still chooses to use 8-tracks and listen to vinyls. K, for your 100th birthday this year, I'm going to get you up to speed, alright? And I don't want no lip, either, or I'll get Zippy to sell you upbeat tracks like Tupac. And this Shadow Link likes bombs? Hell." The agent considered it his lucky break. "That seals the deal right there. Jana and Shadow Link robbed the bank, but... why? What do a couple of kids want with robbing a bank?"

"Mischief, the thrill, or boredom. Take your pick." To K it was obvious. The kids had done it simply because they could. No reason to it.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 12/31/2010, 20:49

Zippy might be a bit of a brat, but her daddy woulda beat her if she ever disrespected the military or police."Shadow Link? I don't know much aboout him, other than he's a little punk, likes playing with Junior and loves sweets." Yeah, that was probably useless information, but she didn't know much about him.

"Hey, now, vinyls have good sound. Though, CDs and MP3s are easier to carry around." She looked up, wondering if Jana was hearing any of this. Now, she didn't want the girl to flee and make things worse for herself, but she couldn't stand the idea of her getting in trouble. "Are you...are you one-hundred percent sure it was Jana and Shadow Link? It might've been someone else..."

She gnawed on her lower lip, unsure what else to do.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 12/31/2010, 21:05

Jana had been upstairs eating lunch and checking off some CDs people had requested that they did not have, listening to Black Eye's Peas on her iPod and humming along. The music had been quite loud so she had not heard anyone downstairs, so she continued to look through the magazine. When she was done with her lunch she put her dishes in the sink and turned off her music.

By now the people downstairs had just finished their conversation on the bank, and all she heard were murmurs, and not full sentences or words. Well her lunch break was over so she had to go back downstairs.

"Zippy!" she called as she walked down the steps, earplugs still in her ear, now listening to the music quietly. "I marked some CD's that we don't have that people have requested." she still had not looked up when she reached the ground floor.

When she finally looked up she saw J looking at CDs and K talking to her boss. "....uhh,,,who're your freinds, Zippy?"
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 21:10

Bingo.

Both J and K visibly tensed, and the former automatically drifted his trigger hand upon his hidden blaster's holster, ready for anything. Together, they both took careful steps to secure a position of advantage, sizing the girl up. She had robbed a bank, after all, therefore she could be more dangerous than she seemed.

"Ms. Jana Serini? We're the M.I.B." K opened a line of conversation with the suspect. "Can you be so kind as to tell us what you were doing the night of the 29th of December? We would be real appreciative if you did."

As K made talk, J motioned with his eyes for Zippy to back away in case anything got too out of hand. You never know with the citizens of Portal Breach...
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 12/31/2010, 21:17

"Yeah that's my name, don't wear it out." Jana said, not giving them much thought until they told her where they were from. She almost dropped the magazine but stopped herself. Oh god, they found out...but how? She had turned off the power, that should have turned out the video cameras...right..right? That's how it was on Trade World at least...

"Oh on the, uh the 29th? Well I was just hanging out with some friends, doin' stuff" She idly put the magazine on the counter and turned back to the agents. "Why, did something er, happen?" She really hoped not.

She was actually scared, though she would not admit it. If it was for the bank, she, and Link, would be in heaps of trouble. She had not expected to get caught, what with Link easily shadowing them in and out. Should she try to run out, and back to Links hideout if anything happened, or just go with them? Man she hoped she would not have to do either.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 21:21

The girl was nervous. A bad sign. J already knew what to do, and he casually strolled around while pretending to find something interesting on a rack near the door. His real intention, however, was to block the obvious exit in case Jana decided to bail. This could get ugly.

"Would that friend be Shadow Link?" K asked while taking out the photograph he had shown Zippy. He held it up so the girl could easily see it, making sure to keep distance so as to not aggravate anyone. "Is this you in the picture with him? We know you robbed the bank, Ms. Serini. Why don't you make this easier on yourself and come with us. We promise not to harm you in any way."

Oh, man. J could feel the sweat in his palms!
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on 12/31/2010, 21:25

"That's great, Jana. I'll look at the list...uh..." The officers replied before Zippy could about who they were. She squeezed past K and made her way over to Jana. Robbing a bank or not, she was postivie Jana wouldn't do anything stupid, and would listen to her. She seemed a bit nervous, which couldn't be helping her case any.

The teen crossed her arms, standing next to her employee, watching the agents intently. "Jana, just cooperate with them, it'll make this easier, alright?" She looked to Jana sternly. Maybe they could get all this done without any damage to her shop, or any of them.
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on 12/31/2010, 21:32

Jana already knew what J was doing. She had done this all before on Trade World. Except they had not been police, they had been two angry citizens. Least to say, it was not a good day. She did not like where this was going. She was supposed to be a good criminal, not getting cause in only a few days of doing a heist.

"Y-yeah that's Link...with me...robbing the bank.." she crossed her arms and huffed, somewhat pouty that she was caught. None the less, she knew what she had to do. Looking between the three she looked at Zippy. She did not look to be enjoying this anymore than she was. If she did try to run out, she might hurt Zippy, or the agents. Worse yet, she could destroy the shop! She did not want anyone hurt...

"O-ok, I-I'll come..." she looked at the ground, wondering if she made the right choice. Man. Did she feel like she had let Zippy down, and having lied to her made her feel worse.
    Agents K and J
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    280/280  (280/280)
    Stamina Bar:
    46/46  (46/46)

Post by Agents K and J on 12/31/2010, 21:45

Upon hearing Jana submit and hand herself in, the agents eased and K calmly drew out a pair of energy-binding cuffs. "Jana Serini, you have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law. You have the right to speak to an attorney. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you. Do you understand these rights as they have been read to you?" The agent told her as he finished putting her in the cuffs.

J made sure to back up, keeping an eye on both his partner and Jana in case anything fishy happened.

But it wasn't all bad, and K tried his best to keep Jana comfortable. "Don't worry, Ms. Serini, it won't be awful. We're just going to take you down to the station and book you for a temporary time until we find Shadow Link, okay?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is 11/12/2018, 18:11