Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Still hiring?

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:58 pm

Kev waltzed over to the city, a pep in his step as he walked. PB had gotten a bulletin board for some reason, somehow, and almost as amazingly, he saw a job offer that he might ACTUALLY be able to do! Stocking, cleaning, and working a cash register wouldn't be THAT bad...as long as Zippy taught him how to work a register of course. Hopefully, she was desperate enough to hire him. Kev certainly fit most of the requirements! He was quick, and very friendly. But he knew next to nothing about music.

Kev had the hat-scarf OV had given him, the scarf part wrapped around his head for warmth, and the heater on too, of course. Kev finally reached Zippy's store and skipped right in, hoping he had come in at a good time.

"Hello? Zippo? I saw a paper on that magically appearing board and saw that you need a worker!" He called out.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Still hiring?

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:28 pm

Zippy, having given Jana an early day off, sat on the steps leading to the second floor, snacking on a sammich and some chips she had snuck over from the butcher shop and picking at her boots. It was quiet for the time being, but that might have something to do with her 'be back in 20!' sign on the door. Which, lucky for her, Kev hadn't paid attention to! Whoo! Company! She gave a fake salute to him, before standing up. She straightened her pink dress out, and ran over, hugging the little alien. "Hey, Kev! You heard right!"

"So...let's go upstairs and talk about it." She smiled, cleaning up her mess and pointing to the stairs. "You hajve amazing timing, y'know?"
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:38 pm

Kev found the woman with the unique hairdo he'd been looking for on the steps, and gave her a joking salute back, chuckling. He hugged her back happily, ah company! It'd gotten pretty lonely, without Leslie at the cottage, and he seemed to barely have a chance to come into the Sanctuary nowadays. But maybe now he'd see his friends more! Especially Jana, since she worked here too!

"Alright!" He began to follow her up the stairs, pausing only to admire her boots. "WOW! Those boots are AMAZING! Where'd you get them?~" What a lovely leopard print pattern too!
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:52 pm

She pushed aside the beaded curtain, holding it so Kev didn't get tangled. The compliment made her grin, something told her he'd like them. They were outrageous, but that was so her style. "I got 'em at the mall! There's this one store with some CRAZY shit, lots of leopard print and plaid." She walked into the blue kitchen, glancing around. When she had hired Jana, she hadn't really done an interview, so...this would be interesting.

"Wanna talk in here? I can get ya a water or...juice or something." Zippy tapped her labret ring, wondering what to ask him first.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Kev blinked at the beaded curtain, interested and curious. Zippy had a unique style, but it was one he liked! A nifty little curtain, some awesome boots, and just LOOK at that kitchen! Those chairs were absolutely beautiful!

"The mall? Huh...I should go there once...maybe...perhaps..." He still wasn't a fan of the mall. He sat in one of the chairs, making himself comfortable.

"Nah, I'm good! I drank before I came here, and got some sunlight too." He said, waiting for Zippy to sit down and...talk. Oh Tulsit, he didn't even know what she was going to ask. The one jobs he'd had were being a gardener and working the poles! He hadn't had an interview for either! Oh, if he had a mouth, he'd by hyperventilating.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:18 pm

Oh, yeah. Kev had been part of that group. She snickered a bit uneasily. "Well...they've cleaned the place up since the last plot..." She grabbed herself an energy drink from the fridge, popping it open as she took a seat. And stared. She just looked at Kev, thinking for a moment.

Craaaaaaaaaaap. What had they asked when she gotten jobs?! Why couldn't she remember! "Uh...well. Let's start with experience! What all have you done?" Yes, good question. Right? Right. She took a drink from the dangerously caffeinated drink, watching Kev, not intently, though. That polite, 'I'm listening~' look.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:34 pm

Kev perked up a bit when she mentioned that they'd cleaned up the mall. Well that was good at least! Kev instantly deflated when she asked him about his experience. Well Tulsit. What was he gonna say, 'Hi Zippy, I wanna work for your store, even though I've had no experience in this line of work, and my previous job was being a cross-dressing pole-dancer!' Wait, did she know about that? He'd lost track of who all knew about his...job.

He stirred uncomfortably under Zippy's polite stare. "Eeheheheeeee....experience...." "Well, on my planet, I cultivated and tended to our planet's ground! And, if you've seen my plants at the cottage, I've gotten pretty good at tending plants. But this job doesn't um...have anything to do with plants.." Kev rubbed the back of his head awkwardly.

And now came the GOOD part. Try to word it in a good way. "And since I've been in PB, I've been working for Swindle! My job is....entertaining people....by dancing.......conveniently, dancing on a pole....dressed like.....a...lady." He facepalmed quickly. Way to make it sound good Kev!

"Alright, I know that that...doesn't sound very...promising for this job at ALL, I'm sorry Zippy! I guess I don't have much...experience for this job. But I can learn, I promise! And I'm a hard worker! I'll do the best I can to make this job work!" He said, a small desperate and determined look in his eye. He liked working for Swindle, but he could tell Leslie didn't approve sometimes, and he wanted to make her proud when she got back from space. He'd still work for Swindle on the side, but at least some of the pay he could bring in could be money he didn't have thrown at him while dressed in a skirt.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Zippy listened, smiling at the bit about plants. Well, if she ever moved out of Barrys (ha, like THAT would happen, he FED her!) she'd have to call Kev up to make the place pretty! ...and probably tend the plants, because God knows she probably couldn't even keep a cactus alive. Yeah...she had only mowed grass at her house, and that was like, three lawn mowers wide? A tree in the backyard, a patio...a small strip of grass. No flowers. Wait! Her grandma Sokoll had a garden once her grandpa retired and moved to a nice little place not far from the army base! And, her grandpa Baumann had a nice garden, he was great at it when he wasn't drunk. She helped a bit when she was little, but that wasn't something she could really do. Shaking her head, she focused on the rest of the bit.

The pole dancing. Oh god. She covered her mouth as the drink burned her nose. Don't laugh! Too late. She fell out of her seat, giggling with energy drink on her hand. From the office ran a little rat ran out, looking at Zippy and Kev, jumping up on the table and turning his head curiously. After a few minutes, she collected herself, and took a seat again. "I'm sorry, Kev! It's just so funny to imagine you dressed like a girl!" She started giggling again, but quickly recomposed herself. "That's uh...given you experience with people."

He looked so cute at that moment, so Zippy nodded. "How about I show you around, give you a general idea of what to do, yadda yadda yadda..." She looked around, lowered her voice and leaned forward. "I'd rather hire you than Carrie's lesbian friends, anyway."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:06 am

Kev blinked as Zippy, quite literally....laughed out of her seat. Laughed SO HARD, she FELL out of her SEAT. Well! At least she wasn't disgusted! Another thing he appreciated about Zippy, she didn't seem to find things he'd do that others found disturbing well..disturbing. She found them to be funny. Like the puppets! He'd lost count of how many sex talk puppet shows he'd given. And each time, Zippy laughed hysterically while other people were scarred for life.

Kev blinked at the rat, tempted to grab it up and nuzzle it, before looking at Zippy as she got a hold of herself. He snickered himself. "I don't blame you, it IS a pretty ridiculous sight. I have a few wigs for it too!" He said gratefully.

He jumped up happily, grabbing Zippy into a hug. "Thank you Zippy!" He snickered again when she mentioned Miya and Lacia. They were nice...for the most part. Lacia apparently found it to be a CRIME to walk instead of run to a training center, but whatever, that was in the past, he didn't have a slight grudge about that at all. Nope.

"If you DID hire them, they'd probably make out a lot. And point out how they're lesbians." He snerked.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:23 am

Sir Allegro/Alejandro (he answered to both names, sadly) jumped onto Zippy's shoulder, draping his tail around her neck just as Kev hugged her. She hugged him back tightly. "I can't have my employees making out! That might scare away my employees!" She let him go, thinking about what to show him first. Basement! Where...somehow, Lockdown might work. Eeheh...he must not realize how small it is. She shrugged, and stood up.

"I don't really want to hire them anyway...they gave me ALCOHOL for Christmas." She rolled her eyes. "I come from a family of alcoholics, the stuff disgusts me, I would never have more than one drink if I were to drink which is unlikely. I was a bit offended."

She walked back to the stairs, jogging down them before opening the door to go outside. "I'll show ya the stock room in the basement, then the workings upstairs, sounds good?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:40 am

Kev pet the little rat's tiny head as Zippy pondered. He agreed, employees making out would make the customers uncomfortably, lesbian nekos or not.

He blinked at Zippy, surprised. "They gave you ALCOHOL?! That's a weird gift! Even if you didn't come from a family of alcoholics, that's a weird gift! Its like giving someone drain cleaner to drink!" Kev complained. He really didn't understand why people were so eager to hand out alcohol like that if it was so harmful. He pondered what the lesbians had given him. "Hmm..I think Miya and Lacia gave me...ribbons. Yep, a box full of ribbons." He actually had fun with that box of ribbons.

He nodded and followed her down. "Sounds good to me, Boss!" He snickered.

[INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:50 am

"I know, right?!" She shook her head. What a dense gift. Oh well, too late now. She didn't think she had even gotten them anything. Oops.

Once downstairs, she walked outside, pulling the gate open and fidgetting with her key. Where-oh, there it was!She carefully walked down the stairs, just in case there was any ice on them. She unlocked the door, hit the switch and stepped into a large room with shelves loaded with boxes off to one side, and a punching bag in the corner. She tapped each shelf, where a small sign was telling what genres were where. "To save ya time, I have these boxes divided by genres," She walked further back, naming off the types of music as she walked by, not even glancing at the shelves. After a few, she tapped another ending. "Video games, posters and such are back here. Shirts are on the top shelf, posters below that, games and jewelery on the shelves below those. Oh, and there's some kittens down here." She pointed in the very back, to a box by the furnace where some kittens who were probably about 10 weeks old peeked out, then returned to their playing.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:41 am

Kev followed Zippy obediently as she showed him around the basement. HBoxes of music, divided by genres, whatever those were. Video games and posters were towards the back, as were t-shirts, more posters, games, jewelry and-KITTENS!

Kev squeed loudly as he jumped over to the box with kittens in it and grabbed one out, snuggling it. "I didn't know you had kitties!~ Are they being sold too, or do they live here?" Kev asked, nuzzling the kitty as much as he could.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:48 am

Oh dear God, what had she done? Showing KEV, the animal nut case a box of kittens. That...couldn't end well. And it didn't. Before she could say 'stop!' he swooped one up and nuzzled the little thing. Alright, so it wasn't that dramatic, but the very sight of a cat scared Sir A and he scuttled atop Zippy's head, trying to hide in her mohawk. She laughed, giving an unsure shrug. "I...haven't thought about it. I found them after a big snow storm, I kinda should get rid of them...Barry would be really pissed ifr I took anymore animals home..."

She let him snuggle and cuddle for a little bit longer, she was sure it was part of his nature, and not being able to do it with Leslie was probably making him go into withdrawals! Oh no! Finally she gave up and walked outside, motioning him to follow-with, or without the cat, and made her way back up the concrete steps. "I guess I should show you how to work the register 'nd stuff, huh?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:11 am

"They were in a snowstorm? Aaaw!" Kev nuzzled noses with the kitten, feeling bad for the poor thing. He cradled it in his arms and pet its belly, even though it apparently didn't like it. Zippy's observation was VERY astute: Kev had been showering the animals at his cottage with affection, even holding conversations with them. He was...a tad lonely.

Kev nodded at Zippy and delicately placed the kitten back in the box. he waved at it and followed Zippy upstairs. The kitten rolled its eyes and went back to playing with its siblings.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 pm