Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Re: Still hiring?

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:20 am

After hearing the front door open, and the music-that catchy song that Kev seemed to like, oddly enough, the Sir A climbed back to his owner's shoulder, examining the mouthless alien. Zippy walked past the counter and to the tables, where there were boxes upon boxes filled with CDs. "These are sepearted by genre, and are in alphabetical order. The games are back here," she pointed to the display beneath the steps. "Posters are displayed around the shop, but are in a barrel besides the counter...jewelery is on the counter, and shirts are behind the counter." She picked the rat off her shoulder and set him in an orange ball, letting him roam around the shop.

She then walked behind the counter, pointing to a safe beneath it, and held up a key. Now, because this RPer is clueless on cash registers, we will say Zippy did a thorough job explaining how to work the machine. Finishing explaining, she looked over at the stuck rat beneath the steps, giving him a gentle energy push and turned her attention to Kev. "Sound good?"
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:00 pm

Kev bobbed his head happily when he heard that certain li'l catchy song. Head still bobbing, he followed Zippy to the tables with CDs, examining the strange little things closely. He'd never seen one up close before! How in the world did music get onto these little discs....Each CD was separated alphabetically and by genre. There was that funny word again, genre!

"Say, what's a genre?" He asked as she showed him the other parts to the actual store. Games, posters, jewelry, and shirts, seemed easy enough to manage! Zippy lead him to the register and, as said above, did a thorough job explaining the device to the alien. He nodded happily. Well that was easy enough-ish to grasp!

"Sounds good to me!" Kev said brightly, before grabbing Zippy into another short hug. "Thanks again for hiring me, boss!" Wow, calling Zippy boss was strange. Strange but interesting.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 53

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:28 pm

"It's a type of something. In this case-music. Rock, pop, blues, jazz, classical...yadda yadda yadda, blah blah blah." She waved her hand off, as though chasing that last bit away. She walked around after showing him the register, picking up random CDs so he could see that some of the genes even had different looks. "Punk, grunge, metal, country..." She scrunched her nose up at the rap CD with a girl's booty in orange booty shorts.

...boss sounded so weird. She chuckled. "You don't hafta call me boss, Kev!" She snickered, patting his head. "Zippy's just fine, really! Um, payday is every Friday, I don't get here 'til around 12 or 1, Jana opens the shop a little before 10...clock in when you get here, and after you return from your break..." She stopped, thinking. "Uh, how often ya wanna work?"

Last edited by Zippy Sokoll on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:01 am

Kev nodded as she listed the various amounts of genre, nodded as if he knew what she meant. He really didn't have a clue. It was like he was listening to basic for the first time again. He'd heard of some of these genres, but he didn't really understand what they meant. What made Jazz music Jazz?

Kev snickered and nodded again, saluting. "Alright Boss!...I mean Zippy! Tulsit I did it again." Friday was payday, store opens at 9, and Zippo herself got here around noon, and he had to clock in when he arrived or got done with a break. Sounded easy enough to him!

How often did he want to work? He actually had no idea. "As often as you need me to work, Zippy!" He shrugged. Whatever his hours would be, he didn't mind.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:08 am

She snickered, nodding at him. "Well...I guess in the afternoons from 2 til 6, unless you want to come in earlier. It's entirely up to you, though!" She grinned. She was rather flexible when it came to hours, and wanted her employees to know that. "Or, you could come in during the morning, keep Jana company and you two can alternate who's here in the afternoon." She shrugged. Whatever they wanted, she'd let them talk it over.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:25 am

Kev listened to her options and considered his options. He liked the idea of working from 2 to 6, but he also liked the idea of being with Jana at work and alternating who worked during the afternoons. The working with Jana idea struck him as the best, so he nodded happily. He hadn't even seen Jana in a long time. Too long.

"I like that second idea the most!" Kev said cheerily. He clapped his hands together. "So, when do I start? Tomorrow?" He inquired.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:33 am

"Tomorrow sounds good, yeah! See ya then, I guess! Oh! And before you go..." She dug around in her pocket and produced a key. A nice, shiny key of his very own! "Here, you'll need this to get in or into the basement!" Zippy dropped it into his hand, hoping he had his own keychain or something. There was a green keyprotector thingamajig on it, and a tag that said 'City Noise' in red grafitti.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:33 am

Kev looked at the key in his palm, admiring the shininess of the key. It was INSANELY shiny! And apparently, this wonderful, shiny key was the key to this shop. Kev put the key into his pant's pocket, a pocket where he kept a lot of his little valuables.

"Alright Zippy! I shall keep this key safe! See ya tomorrow!~" Kev said happily, as he made his way back to his cottage. He had gotten a new job today!~ This was a good day for Kev.
    [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    580/580  (580/580)
    Stamina Bar:
    106/106  (106/106)

Post by [INACT.] Zippy Sokoll on Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:37 am

"See ya!" Zippy waved. Whoo! She had a mouthless alien working for her! What she always wanted, but never realized! ...wow, she needed some sleep. She chuckled and lounged on the steps, opening the shop back up.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:41 pm