Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Salli's Return

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat May 07, 2011 11:40 pm

Time: 17:32 PM
    Date: April 12, 2011

After a few days of intensive repairs, taking only the necessary breaks to eat and sleep, Jo and Proxy had finally managed to fix Dr. Salli. If you looked at her, you wouldn't even be able to tell that she had been destroyed at all. No marks or scratches or even tears on the new clothes they had found for her betrayed Jana's attacks. Jo had words for the young girl, but she'd deal with that later. Don't count your bunzels before they're made, after all!

"Now, to see whether her motherboard works..." Jo opened a hatch in Salli's head, placing the motherboard inside and screwing it into place. It had been full of scratches and broken in a few places, but she had attempted to correct it and replicate as much as she could. She didn't know whether Salli's memory would be entirely intact or whether everything would have been wiped out, in which case they would have to get a new motherboard for her.

Snapping the compartment shut, Jo took a few steps back. "Alright! And now, to bring her back online! Cross your fingers and toes if you've got any!" Jo flicked a switch, then gave Salli some space so she could come online and get her bearings.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: Salli's Return

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sun May 08, 2011 12:10 am

Floyd had spent the days that Jo and her robot had spent repairing Salli like any other person in this situation: He paced, ate all the snack food from the snack machines, hung over the duo's shoulder, slept, and paced some more. But here it was, two long, long days later, and it seemed that Salli was finally fixed!

Floyd nodded and crossed his fingers, and even attempted to cross his toes, although that was hard to do in sneakers. "Please have some memory...PLEASE have some memory....we don't want to have to reboot you!"

---

Systems, on......Rebooting....filename3laws activated....System check, no viruses..........Optics, activate.

The words flew by Salli's line of sight before her optics finally turned on, glowing their normal blue as she stared into space for a few seconds. More words flew by.

Memory file check.........Files found, 87%....Status: Not crucial......Last memory file, dated April 10, 2011.

A sample of the memory replayed, the last thing she had managed to see, Jana ripping her apart. Salli finally moved, giving a quick shutter as she mentally shoved that memory file into the deepest parts of her circuit board. Not something she wanted to remember...

Salli blinked a bit as she finally seemed to notice that she wasn't the only person in the room. She instantly recognized Floyd of course, but the other two were trickier. While she was worried about the 13% memory lost, she had other things to focus on.

"Hello Nurse Floyd, and Miss, mister." She said with a polite nod. she glanced at her body for a moment, surprised to see herself in one piece, then looked at the two newer faces. The attack HAD happened and yet...she was working and in one piece..."....did you two fix me?" she asked, genuinely surprised. Throughout the time she'd been activated, she'd always been fixing other people, but no one had ever really thought to fix her!

She stood up off of where she had been repaired, putting one foot in front of the other. She experimentally moved her arms around too, and smiled. All of her major joints were functioning! She held up her left hand, and her hand suddenly turned into a needle and shot, and then into a scalpel, before turning back into her normal hand. Her hand was working perfectly too! She walked so she was in front of Jo and Proxy and smiled. "Thank you, so much! I am very grateful.." The robot had thought she was a goner for sure...

She didn't have a chance to dwell on that much since Floyd let out a very manly squeal and had grabbed Salli, hugging her. "OOOH, DAMN GIRL, I THOUGHT YOU WERE GONNA DIE AND GO TO ROBO-HEAVEN!" He cheered. Salli chuckled and patted his head.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun May 08, 2011 12:40 am

Jo sighed in relief. Salli was talking and moving normally... everything was in working order! She didn't recognize her or Proxy, which was understandable since before finding her in pieces, Jo hadn't ever met Salli before. Thank the cosmos for photos and schematics to go by!

"I'm Jo and this is Proxy!" She waved to the robot, who nodded in greeting. "And we sure did! It took a couple of days, but the hospital had a lot of the same equipment I use, so it didn't take long at all. Especially when you know what you're doing and repairing something intensively." She winked, then shook Salli's hand.

"How are your memory files? Are they intact?" Proxy questioned, hoping that Salli was encountering no problems, despite her apparent ease in handling her appendages. Proxy knew from personal experience that if memory files were tampered with, even slightly, it could feel disorienting.

Jo just giggled at Floyd's display of girlyness, suddenly reminded of a particular purple someone and the way he acted sometimes~
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sun May 08, 2011 1:03 am

At Jo's giggle, Floyd immediately let go of the doctor, coughing into his fist awkwardly. "And by that I mean glad to have you back Boss. And I say that without a single girly squeal, for I am a man!" He even added in a few muscle flexes, although there wasn't much to show. He had muscles, but they were leaner muscles.

Salli just shook her head at his antics and turned to Jo and Proxy, smiling softly. "Nice to meet you both, and thank you again! Two days of repairs..? How much is this going to cost?" She asked, curiously. She wasn't sure of the woman would repair for free after all, especially after two whole days of hard work. You can't get something for nothing after all.

She turned to her fellow robot and rechecked herself before answering. "They seem to be...mostly intact. 13% of my memory is gone...I'm not sure what exactly was lost...." If she had eyebrows, they'd furrow as she carefully browsed through her memory files.

All of April except for the last two days was there, as was March, February, January, and December. November and October were missing a few days' worth of files. The only patient she could remember getting during that time was Prixlezub....and there were a few snippets of memory dealing with the monsters that had been in the Hospital, but she couldn't even remember them leaving, or WHY they were even there! That was actually somewhat worrying...

"Most of my memory files from November and some of October have been wiped clean...did anything important happen during that time?" She asked uncertainly. If something important had happened, which had to explain the few memories she had of the monsters, she wanted to know.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Tue May 10, 2011 12:39 am

"Sure, keep telling yourself that." Jo teased, prodding Floyd's upper arm. "Getting kinda flabby there, aren't we? Nothing a few workouts won't fix!" She was tempted to flex her own muscles and show Floyd what a real bicep felt like, but that would be rubbing salt into the wound -- but it sure was tempting!

"We believe that the government will compensate us for your repairs," Proxy replied, although he was unsure what form of government Portal Breach even had. He had never read about Portal Breach having any sort of government. But the 13% worried Proxy somewhat...

"October and November?" Jo had to think about it for a moment or two. "The only really major thing that happened back then was Glitch-X. And monsters popping up all over the place, you get the idea. The crazy stuff that happens once every so often here on Portal Breach." She shrugged, adding dryly, "Gotta love it."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Wed May 11, 2011 12:21 am

Floyd's arm fell back into its place by his side as he narrowed his eyes at Jo, semi-playfully. Flabby? FLABBY?! HA! Floyd Jamal De La Salud was NOT a flabby man! He was a..a....A MONUMENT OF MUSCLES! Although he eventually had to agree with Jo, there was a tad more jigging then he'd like whenever he moved.

"Damn...I hate workouts...they're so BORING." He moaned. One good thing came from Floyd's lazy moaning: It meant he was back to being normal Floyd. The past few days had consisted of him worrying like a neurotic psycho, and now he could just chill-ax!...Until another PB plot that is.

Dr. Salli turned to face Proxy and nodded thankfully, her worry squashed for now. Jo and her robot would not go unpaid and unrewarded for their work. "That's good, you two deserve compensation." She smiled, turning to Jo as she filed her in on what she had missed. Glitch-X, Monsters, and all around crazy stuff. That certainly explained the strange monstrous creatures that lingered in her memories! She covered her mouth shyly as she chuckled at Jo's dry little comment. Love it indeed.

"Aah, I see. The usual strange occurrences that happen on this lovely place we call home." Something she definitely remembered was that Portal Breach was as abnormal as they came, but she wouldn't have it any other way.

She tilted her head as she quickly inspected Jo. She had worked two days on her, working to fix her, but the girl didn't look too worn out. Hr robot assisted with that no doubt, and breaks must have helped. But there had to be at least SOME strain, working so hard, no? "If you think I'm adequately fixed, despite the slight memory loss, I believe its about time you two took care of yourselves. Two hard days repairing my body, I won't have either of you sick on my account." She said with a small hint of Doctorly strictness, although she was smiling.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sun May 29, 2011 2:45 pm

(( Oops, sorry about not replying to this. I forgot about it... ))

"Pretty much! It's a never-ending cycle of weirdness, but that's Portal Breach." Jo clasped her hands behind her back and inspected Salli with a careful eye. Yep, everything seemed to be in working order. She was proud of how the repairs had turned out even without access to her usual equipment. Say, she ought to get her hands on some of these. They might prove to be real useful in the future.

But the mechanic was indeed tired, and she stifled a yawn behind her hand. She'd taken a few breaks for some cat naps and potty breaks, eating food on the go, but she was starting to feel the burn. Proxy even had to reach out a hand to steady her when Salli next addressed them.

"We will assuredly follow your advice. Thank you, Dr. Salli, and if you ever need us again you have but to ask," Proxy said politely, even dipping his head into a bow in respect.

"Yeah, just in case we still need to fine-tune something," Jo added, and this time she didn't bother in hiding her yawn. "Okay, time to go! See you, Dr. Salli, and do something about those arms, Floyd! Bye-bye now!"

Once their goodbyes had been said, Proxy led Jo put of the room and back home. It was time to catch up on some beauty sleep!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:45 pm