Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I'm on a Boat

Post by Wind Waker Link on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:23 pm

The last gyorg down, Link breathed out a sigh of relief. He threw his sword back onto the boat first before climbing on it from the other side of the other Link. He didn't want to tip the boat over if they tried to climb on from the same side. when he was on the boat, he flopped to the floor, exhausted, arm stinging from where he was bitten by the gyorg and chest aching slightly from metal headbutts.

"We're fine, young Link," Neri chirped in answer to the boy's question as both her and Leaf gape at the mask transformation. Link crawled over to the boy's side of the boat and helped pull him up out of the water. He turned, aiming to help Impa out next but the woman was already on the boat - she will never cease to amaze him with her skills.

At the woman's words, the hero of the winds scratched behind his neck, abashed to accept such praise and felt the warmth of pride glowing in his chest from making Impa proud. Even Neri and Leaf puffed a little brighter with pride at the comment, already liking the woman even before they were introduced.

Then the last crystal orb was held out. "Aa!" "Ciela!" "SMASH IT!!" Link and his two fairies cried in unison. Link glanced up at the Sheikah then reached out to receive the orb, nodding thankfully and body slightly bowed as he did so - looking and feeling like he was receiving a gift from Orca, his swordmaster, than Impa.

Orca...Outset....Grandma and Aryll...

SMASH

"AA!" Distracted by his memories, the slippery wet crystal orb had slipped through his fingers and smashed onto the deck. A yellow fairy burst out, shooting a full three feet up into the air before she realised she was out.

"Oh! I'm out?! My fortieth charge at the walls worked?" Ciela gasped, spiralling at dizzy speeds in the air and relishing the freedom. "Oh Ocean King! I'm out. I'm out. I'm finally out! But.... where am I?"

"Cielaaaaaa!" Leaf shouted from underneath her. The red and blue fairies swooped up to meet/hug her in the air - "LINK!" - only to be pushed past as Ciela rocketed right down to the young boy and bop on his head happily.

"Hahaha," Link laughed, closing one eye as Ciela nuzzled into his cheek in a happy fairy hug.

Excitement over and finally regaining sensibility, Ciela and the fairies turned to Impa, the other Link and the other fairy, all of whom are probably dying for some answers.

"Hello!" the fairies said together, pushing right into introductions. "I'm Ciela." "I'm Neri, nice to m-" "I'm Leaf." "I was talking...."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:57 pm

Link gratefully accepted the other Link's hand to pull him up onto the boat, and sat down on the side. His side was aching from the gyorg's bite, but fortunately it wasn't too deep. He grinned at Impa, and nodded to her when she asked if he was alright.

A third fairy appeared from the ball, and Link thought that Tatl might have a conniption, but she recomposed herself and floated above his head as the three fairies introduced themselves.

"I'm Link." He said cheerfully, and then Tatl flew in front oh him, clearly unable to hold off her curiosity anymore.

"I'm Tatl! It's nice to meet you... so where are you from? And how do you know Link?" She asked, jabbing a wing towards the Hero of Winds. She could tell these fairies seemed a little different from her and her brother, and they obviously weren't healing fairies, so they must be another kind of fairy!

Link had learned by now that trying to correct Tatl's manners was pointless. Instead he looked curiously at the three new fairies, eyes stopping on the blue fairy, Neri. He was suddenly reminded of Navi, who was also blue. It was a strange feeling as he realized just how long it had been since he'd last her, after spending so much time with her. It had been a year ago that he'd set out on a journey to find her, but all he'd found was Tatl, Termina, and then Portal Breach. He still missed her. It wasn't that he didn't like Tatl (most of the time), but Navi had been like the mom he'd never had. But she was more than that, she was a friend, his closest friend, she'd been through everything with him. But he had no way of knowing if he would ever see her again, and even if she were here somehow, she might not be able to stay with him, just like in Hyrule.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:19 am

Impa returned the smiles of both Links when they confirmed that they were all right, and again as they reacted to her post-battle compliments. Her smile only deepened at the future Link's bow and nod once he received the dark orb from her, but that look soon shifted to an almost imperceptibly sheepish expression when the young boy became distracted by his thoughts and accidentally dropped the orb onto the deck of the boat. Well, that was one way to break the orb open, she supposed… hopefully it had been a good distraction for him, though.

When the yellow fairy suddenly appeared from what had been the swirling clouds within the orb, the Sheikah's grin reappeared at the reunion between her, the other two new faires, and the future Link. Being able to see old friends find each other again was always something that warmed her heart, and she couldn't help but to think that the long battle they had endured to wind up obtaining these orbs had definitely been worth it. As she got a better look at the three fairies that were excitedly flying around the future Link, Impa couldn't help but to think how much the blue one reminded her of Link's former fairy companion, Navi. She wondered how the fairy from Hyrule was and if they might ever see her again… the Sage of Shadow knew that Link had set out into the Lost Woods to find her, which had set him off on his quest to Termina, but since they had found each other on the Breach, their conversations of Navi had been rather limited, namely due to Tatl's constant presence. Hopefully they could find out about the fairy from the Kokiri Forest someday… regardless, Impa wished that she was well and that Link could be granted the confidence that she was, no matter where she presently was.

When the three newly released fairies turned to her and Link with their own introductions, the Sheikah nodded slightly to them, stating, "I am Impa." She wasn't able to say anything more just yet as Tatl suddenly bolted forward with her own introduction and questions, but it was hardly surprising given both the Terminian fairy's personality as well as the fact that she had just been greeted with three of her own kind. Deciding to hold off on anything else for the time being, Impa regarded Leaf, Neri, and Ciela, listening carefully once they began to speak.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:12 pm

Oh, so the other Link really was called Link. Well, this is going to be confusing. The three fairies turned collectively from staring at the other Link to Impa as she introduced herself then to Tatl.

"She reminds me to you, Ciela," Leaf helpfully supplied and the yellow fairy gave him a doubletake, unsure whether that was meant as an insult or not.

Meanwhile, Neri answered Tatl's question. "We're from the World of the Ocean King. We were Link's companions during his adventure there. But our world was falling apart."

"Eh?!" the older Link gasped, starting in his seat and staring at the blue fairy incredulously.

"No, Link. It's not Bellum. You defeated him, remember? He didn't come back. The Ocean King couldn't understand why the world was falling apart either. There were so many earthquakes and eruptions. So many people died..."

If a fairy could cry, Neri would probably be sniffling right now but instead she drooped her wings and the ball of light turned down to stare at the floor gloomily. Link didn't even know if he should tell her what he was told upon arrival here in Portal Breach - that their world is destroyed and they're the last survivors.

Thankfully, Ciela fluttered in bravely. "The Ocean King said there was no hope left for out world and we wouldn't be able to save it no matter what we did. But he could very, very, very faintly detect you're alive. So rather than dying with him and wasting our powers, he used the last of his Life Force, sealed us in protective orbs and sent us to you in hopes that we, as Spirits of Power, Wisdom, Courage and Time, could lend you our power to help others. We didn't even get a say in this. It was awful. We didn't want to leave the Ocean King. Oh grandpa..."

Leaf stay silent throughout the explanation and took this time to nudge Ciela out of the spotlight. "There is something else as well, Link....um, my Link, that is. Do you still have the Phantom Blade?"

At the young hero's nod, Leaf suddenly started shaking violently, Neri soon joining in alongside Ciela. Soon there was a tiny, tiny pile of fairy dust hanging in the air. Wait, no, not fairy dust... "Aa!" Link cried out in recognition of the yellowish hue of the dust. He brought out his sword, holding the hilt towards the gold particles which stilled....then shot into the hourglass that was embedded in the sword.

"With this, you should be able to still use Ciela's time stopping powers. Ocean King's magic all involved his Life Force after all so sending us kind of smother us in his Life Force's physical form - the Sands of Time."

"I don't know, I feel significantly weaker here. I don't think stopping time is going to work even with the Sands. Tatl, was it? Is this air not fairy friendly or something? Why am I feeling weaker?"
    "Me too!"
    "But I feel fine!"
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Fri Nov 11, 2011 8:29 pm

Link's shoulders sank a little at the sad tone in the fairy's voice, and Tatl's exciting bobbing stopped. They both knew what it was like to see a world end, and it was horrible. Link also knew it would be far worse if it were your own world. The thought of this happening was so frustrating, because he couldn't do anything to prevent the destruction of those worlds, and the deaths of the people there. He still wanted to find a way to stop whatever was causing this, and if it was possible, a way to restore the worlds that had been destroyed. It might seem like an impossible task, but Link had seen and done many things that normal people would think impossible, so he wasn't going to give up the idea.

The boy and the fairy watched as the three fairies shook off some strange dust and the older Link caught the particles in an hourglass that was in the hilt of the sword he was wielding. Time stopping? So the future Link had experience manipulating time too! At least, with the help of the fairy Ciela, it seemed.

"I don't know, I feel significantly weaker here. I don't think stopping time is going to work even with the Sands. Tatl, was it? Is this air not fairy friendly or something? Why am I feeling weaker?"

Tatl perked up at being addressed. "It happens to everyone, not just fairies." She said. "There's something about this world that weakens you when you first get here." She didn't understand what it was, though, so hopefully they wouldn't ask. "Oh, and this world is called Portal Breach, so welcome to it." She added, though it was hardly welcoming to be brought here in the last moments of your own world falling apart... And in the stomach of a shark. Well, at least they're experiences would probably improve from here on out!
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Nov 12, 2011 2:49 pm

Impa listened carefully to the words of the three fairies, finding that her concern of how the trio had wound up here was confirmed… their world seemed to have met the same fate as the times she and the two Links had arrived from. When Impa had first arrived on the Breach, she didn't want to believe that anything bad had fallen on Hyrule, especially since it was still a relatively short time since it had been saved from the evil of Ganon. (Even a year or two were a short time when you were a Sage, after all.) Still, she knew that nothing could have been helped, but her own having been used to accepting tough things aside, one thing that continued to give the Sage of Shadow hope even when she had first dealt with the difficult feelings from having learned all of that after her transport here was her heightened awareness of the time stream. Yes, the exact points in time where she, the two Links, Aicara, and now the fairies had ceased to be, but Hyrule itself across almost every other point of time was safe. Some might have called this rationalization, but the Sheikah knew that wasn't the case… she could still sense the other Sages and even Princess Zelda for that matter. She couldn't really describe it, but she knew they were all right somewhere, even if the Hyrule where they were safe was only a few degrees off from the time she had come from.

By that same token, it also meant that another version of Impa herself was also back there… and although she was glad to be able to help out in this world and to have been reunited with an old friend and meet new ones here, the Sheikah was still glad that those she cared for back home still had her, even if it wasn't exactly the same her or even exactly the same tim e for Hyrule. Time was a very, very funny thing, and Impa was grateful to know this as fact as opposed to just comforting thoughts. Still, even with what had happened to their worlds, both the future Link and the three fairies were again proof of the general safety of Hyrule across most fixed points of time. The Sage of Shadow thought that once she had a better chance, she would explain the idea of the time stream and how their world was still safe in another sense to the three fairies, and maybe she could also explain it better than the brief mentions of it she'd had to the future Link. Hopefully that could help them all… now wasn't the time though, but she did keep a mental note of it.

As the Link from her time's shoulders sank, she placed a steady hand on his shoulder, hoping to instill some strength in him at the news. Impa was pretty sure of what the lad was thinking, and she was on a very similar page as him. As a Sage herself, she was prepared to do what she could to help in that noble quest, no matter what odds met them along the way.

Impa watched with great interest as Leaf, Neri, and Ciela soon produced a decent amount of magical, yellow sand that entered a small hourglass in the sword the future Link held, her eyebrows raising slightly at the mention of the Sands of Time. Even though she'd never outright heard of he Sands of Time before, the idea of them sounded strangely familiar to her… perhaps that was something about them in the Temple of Time, or possibly even in one of her books relevant to it. Regardless, it intrigued the Sage of Shadow that the future Link also had a way to manipulate time, much like his counterpart from her time regardless of the different mechanism. She smiled a little to herself, pleased at both learning that as well as seeing that the lad had acquired another power.

At Ciela's mention of feeling weaker, Impa listened at Tatl's short explanation before adding, "It does happen unfortunately, but strangely enough, whilst your actual impact of powers is weakened, your level of skill, strength, speed, and such remain the same. The more time you spend here and the more you push your skills, the sooner your powers will return. The four of us are proof of that. Still… as Tatl said, welcome to the Breach. It is nice to meet all three of you, and I am glad that you were able to find Link so soon."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:46 pm

"Portal Breach, that's what this place is called? Funny name..." commented Ciela as the three fairies buzzed excitedly together at the prospect of adventuring new land again.

At hearing both Tatl's and Impa's explanation about their current power levels, though, Ciela and Neri's mood did a one-eighty. They floated onto Link's shoulders forlornly. It was upsetting to feel like they've abandoned the Ocean King (against their will) to arrive here and find out they can't be of any use any time soon.

Leaf, on the other hand, was pumped to say the least. He fluttered left and right in the air from one side of the boat to another much like a manly man would strut up and down with arms held out confidently, cheesy grin and slicked back hair....except the red fairy lacked various levels of manliness due to looking like...well, a fairy. "But I feel fine! I could even charge your sword up magic flames like I used to, Link."

His human companion smiled at him, darting pointed glances at Ciela and Neri. Not helping, Leaf! Leaf didn't totally get the message though and instead bounced up and down energetically. "If I'm fine then you can be too! I was first out of the orbs so maybe I regained my powers first. You girls will too!"

Link patted the two fairies on his shoulder, tyring to figure out a way to comfort them. It took a while but a lightbulb moment did come to him. He brought out his digiglass, quickly writing on it with a still pruny finger. "Ciela, Neri, Leaf. Link and Impa are from Hyrule. Remember when I told you about my adventures before I met you? About the kingdom below the sea? They're from that kingdom before it got flooded! So in a way they're like my very great ancestors!"

That certainly piqued their interest and the fairies viewed the younger Link, Tatl and Impa in a new light all over again. "Does that mean Tatl is a fairy from before our time too? I thought you looked a little different. Your wings are not the same colour as your glow. This is so strange. How can you, Link, or us still be alive if the past world is supposedly destroyed when they came here?"

"Aaaaaa...." Link's voice droned to silence and he turned to the others for help. His eyes landed on Impa and he recalled their conversation back at the inn when they met formally for the first time. Fingers sliding across the digiglass again, he quickly scrawled, "Different time streams!"

Yes, those three words explained all, Link...

Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:39 am

Impa watched the exchange between the future Link and his three fairy friends, inwardly a little glad that Leaf had already been able to gather some of his power back. Still, since he was the Spirit of Power and thus had the grace of Din, then it wasn't too surprising that he'd got a slight boost regardless of his having escaped the dark orbs first. She felt a little guilty that her explanation of power levels had caused Ciela and Neri to feel down, but it was best for them to have learned that now instead of in the midst of battle. The Sheikah hoped that would feel better soon, and the future Link's attempts to comfort them, did make her smile a bit, especially when he thought to mention how she and the Link from her time were from Hyrule long before the world as the Hero of the Winds knew it existed. Even in the wake of finding out one had been transported to the Breach, it was definitely a good feeling to meet others from a world truly connected to ones own.

After Ciela remarked on Tatl's differences relative to them, Impa's eyebrows raised ever so slightly at her question regarding the future Link's existence considering the fact that both the Hero of Time and the Sage of Shadow had been whisked away here, especially after their world had supposedly been destroyed. Impa already knew the answer to that question, but she held off on responding to it for the moment, instead focusing her attention on the future Link once his gaze landed on her. As she read the look of dawning in the lad's eyes, the Sheikah simply smiled broadly, nodding proudly at his newly written text.

A moment later, having given the three fairies a few seconds to process the boy's answer, Impa realized it was best to act on the opportunity to explain the concept of the different time streams to Leaf, Neri, and Ciela. Glancing to them, she stated, "Link is correct. Whenever any of us is transported here, our world is supposedly destroyed… at that point in time. That does not cover all points in time, though. Since the three of you are familiar with those Sands of Time, you should also be aware that time is never just a straight line that moves only in one direction… instead, it is a winding river. Time passes, people move… like a river's flow, it never ends. It is possible to stop rivers with a dam, much like how you stop time with those sands… it is also possible to travel upstream and downstream, the same as how the Link from my time has gone back and forth in time with the Master Sword. Considering even just those two things, rivers never just have one direct course. They wind and turn, sometimes varying by the weather or even just the time of day."

Impa paused for a moment, letting that concept sink in before continuing, relating the river example back to the time stream. "Even though some things are destined to happen, different time streams exist, just as how the same river can take different paths due to something being in its way. The world you come from might be gone, but only for that exact point in time. Both before and after it though, on a different plane of time, it still exists, just as it was. … … … I realize that that is a lot to take in, but I do hope it makes sense. Time is very tricky, but I can assure you that on most planes of time, your world is still safe."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:38 am

Tatl would have rolled her eyes at Leaf if she could have. She added to the two girl fairies "Impa's right, you'll get your powers back, you just have to practice!" It was a rather chipper tone for her, and she couldn't totally deny that she was glad to see other fairies, so her mood was pretty good.

Link nodded along with what Tatl said, hoping that it would cheer up the two disgruntled fairies.

"Does that mean Tatl is a fairy from before our time too? I thought you looked a little different. Your wings are not the same colour as your glow."

"I'm not from Hyrule, I'm from Termina!" Tatl replied. "Maybe fairies look different between our two worlds."

Link thought that Tatl looked very much like the fairies he'd seen in Kokiri Forest, so he kind of doubted there was any big visual difference, although her brother Tael didn't look as much like other fairies he'd seen with his dark colors. But he wasn't an expert on fairies, so he'd have to take the four fairies word on that one. The Hero of Time looked up at Impa as she spoke.

"Time passes, people move… like a river's flow, it never ends."

That phrase stood out, it was very familiar. Sheik had said that before... or, in the future... time travel could make one's head hurt. But it made sense that Impa and Sheik would use similar wording, Sheik was really Princess Zelda, and it was Impa who had raised the princess and then taught her to hide herself as a Sheikah boy for the seven years while Link had been sealed in the Temple of Time. Maybe it was a Sheikah phrase? He didn't know much about Impa's people, the Sheikah were one of the few races of Hyrule he knew little about; he'd lived with the Kokiri all his life, and he'd learned a lot about Gorons and Zoras and Deku Scrubs be being them. He'd even been permitted to join the Gerudo despite being a boy.

Impa's words were always comforting to hear, knowing that Hyrule was safe somewhere, in some time, was good. Though Link still wished he had a way to save it in every time. Tatl looked like she was going to say something, but stopped, sinking down to sit on Link's head in silence. He'd realized she didn't really talk back to Impa, which was rare for her to show anyone respect like that.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:14 pm

The fairies listened intently at Impa's explanation. It certainly explained a lot more than Link's did and for that, the young innkeeper was grateful because he really wouldn't know whereabout to start with explaining it. ((It also does not help at all that his rp-er is imagining Impa in a canoe and singing 'Just Around the Riverbend' during the river explanation))

"So in some planes of time, the Ocean King is alive and fine?" Neri asked. She found it a little difficult to grasp that there could possibly be more than one Ocean King but wouldn't the world be great if it was so! "And in those planes, we're still by his side?"

"But our one still died..." Ciela sighed unhappily. It was a selfish thought but it still upsetted her greatly that it's still true. "But we'll try not to dwell on it. Gra- Ocean King wouldn't want us to stay unhappy. We'll just have to make do with what we have now and that's adventuring in a new place with Link!"

"Maybe fairies look different between our two worlds."

The older Link nodded in agreement to this. The fairies in the Great Sea was different from the ones in the World of the Ocean King so it wasn't surprising to find the three spirits being different from Tatl - but still, they do bear an uncanny resemblence, especially Ciela.

"I do have to say, you chose a very dull looking boat this time, Link. Where's the shipyard? We should give this boat some colour! Please don't tell me we're poor. What did I tell you about wasting money on arrows when you can get them from grass and pots?" Yes, not one beat around the bush. She does resemble Tatl indeed in that aspect too.

Link laughed, waving the notion aside as he wrote a new message. "It's not my boat. We rented it for fishing today."

"Why do you need to rent a boat? You don't own one? How are we to travel to the next island? Giant sea turtles?"
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:03 pm

Impa nodded and smiled a touch when Tatl voiced her agreement regarding powers and regaining them, glad that the young fairy was so determined to help her kin. As the Sheikah went on to explain the different time streams, it was no surprise that Link recognized the phrasing she used that compared time to a flowing river. The lad had heard Sheik use it before she had taught him the Serenade of Water, and the same as it was only part of what she had said, it was also only part of the phrasing Impa had used when teaching the then disguised princess even more about the passage of time. Whilst the words themselves weren't exactly a direct Sheikah phrase, they were formed from Sheikah lore and teachings relevant to time.

The Sage of Shadow had already learned a great deal about the time stream even before she awoke as a Sage, but that awakening had definitely built on that strong foundation she'd had due to her upbringing, her own extensive research, and everything else she had learned of time thanks to having to look after Princess Zelda and the Ocarina of Time. Zelda had learned a lot on her own regarding the passage of time, but Impa had still taught much of it to her, and in order to help her with her lessons in being a Sheikah as well as to aid her phrasing when meeting the Hero of Time in disguise, she had shared that knowledge and the expression of it. Whether it was to the princess or any of her friends here, Impa was just glad that it was able to help them better understand the time stream and more of how they flowed.

"That is correct," replied Impa, nodding to Neri. "In most planes of time, he is still alive and fine, and you are all right there by him. Knowing that another version of yourself is out there on another plane of time might seem a bit odd, but it is much the same as how we have a past, present, and future. As we have those points in time, so do we have those versions of ourselves.

At Ciela's unhappy statement and sigh, Impa's expression became slightly sympathetic before shifting back to a soft smile at the fairy's new declaration of moving forward. "I am sure he wouldn't. You are taking a good stance, and we're glad to have you join us here."

When the Spirit of Courage began to go on about the boats the group were on, the Sheikah couldn't help but smirk ever so slightly and turn to the Link from her time, sharing a bemused smile with him at the fairy's antics as well as her mention of giant sea turtles. Thinking back on the turtle from the Great Bay that Link had told her about around his recounting his epic adventures in Termina, Impa nodded to him before turning to Ciela, stating, "Actually, boats are seldom needed for accessing most of the areas in this world. The land past the shores is incredibly vast, far larger than an island. However, there are various means to get around without always have to go on foot."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:23 pm

Link couldn't complain about travel by giant sea turtles, they were pretty fast, even faster than his Zora form. Was that a common way of crossing the ocean? Even though he'd only been in one ocean (before coming here) and it had indeed had a giant sea turtle in it, he hadn't gotten the impression that was very normal. He noticed Impa look at him, and grinned, realizing she must remember him telling her about the island-turned-giant-talking-turtle he'd met in Great Bay.

"Island?" Tatl asked, and then as Impa explained she remembered hearing something about the future Link living on an island or something. After Impa had finished, she chimed in. "Right! We don't live on islands here, we live on the mainland. And we should probably be going back soon, before something else decides it wants to eat us." She added, glancing around at the horizons for any signs of attacking fish. She had had enough of this fishing trip, thank you!
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:46 am

"No islands? And how do you get around if not by boat? What? You walk everywhere?" Ciela repeated, sharing a look with Leaf and Neri in confusion. Their world was made up completely of islands and so was that of their Link's as far as his description of it went. They couldn't imagine life without at least a twice weekly excursion out to sea. How can you survive without trade from other islands? Was this 'mainland' they were at so massive that they could have more than several communites on it and/or have so many resources they're self-sufficient? And how do they get around? Walking/rolling? Cucco? Warp pots?

"I'm not sure I grasp what you mean by mainland but I guess we'll just have to see for ourselves," the yellow fairy continued, her fellow fairies bobbing in agreement. Their Link nodded as well, both looking forward and dreading introducing the three to the world they were going to live in now. His fingers will probably be glued to his digiglass with the amount of things that'll need explaining. It certainly didn't help that he himself didn't know much about half the things either.

At Tatl's comment on returning bakc to land, the lad shield his eyes and looked off into the horizon, sky and sun. "It is getting late, I don't have a problem sailing at night but we should probably get going before the sun sets," he wrote to the others. "You're hurt, Impa. Should I tie your boat to ours?"

He poked at his own sharkbite on his arm, wondering if the pain will hinder his sailing abilities but sighed in relief when it didn't seem too serious. Sailing should be fine and the wind was in their favour so they'll be able to get home for dinnertime at the inn, even with if boat towing was in order.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:52 pm

"Seeing for yourself will probably do better job of showing it to you than anything even any of us can describe," said Impa, seconding the future Link's nod. It hadn't taken her or either Link too terribly long to get used to the Breach, even though it was incredibly different from the Hyrule and Great Sea they were used to. It took some time of course, and in many ways they were still adapting to it, but considering the obstacles they'd all overcome back in their homeward, adjusting to this strange world was nothing they couldn't handle.

At Tatl's statement regarding returning to land, Impa smiled, finding herself particularly amused at her bluntness but at the same time appreciating where she was coming from. They'd had a fine adventure and the two lads had got to enjoy the sea for a while even before monsters sought to make the day more interesting for them, but it was probably best to get back before the sun began to set. After all, even though the group was undoubtedly comfortable being out on the ocean at night, whether it was land or sea, an entirely different set of dangers often awaited at nightfall. When the future Link voiced -- or rather, wrote -- Impa's thoughts, the Sheikah nodded, adding, "You're both right. Whilst I don't mind being out, it has been a long day and it would be wise to return soon."

At the lad's second set of quickly written text, Impa simply smiled softly to him, appreciating his concern over her bandaged leg. Thankfully, even though the bite had been rather powerful, it hadn't done nearly the damage it could have, and even though she still had the wound, the bleeding had stopped quite a while ago, the saltwater quite possibly aiding in its early healing. Still, Impa was touched that the future Link was set to help her out, and she hoped she could alleviate his concern. "It's not as bad as it looks, I assure you. He latched onto me with a strong bite, but I've had far worse happen to me. I bandaged it quickly and the seawater has already helped it some. This is nothing a red potion, Lon Lon milk, or fairy fountain won't fix."

The Sheikah paused for a moment, considering his offer to tie their boats more securely together before adding, "Thank you Link. You've got the most experience with boats, so that is up to you for however they will sail best. I am still quite capable of manning my boat, so I am happy to help you tie it better or separate it and sail alongside you."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:36 pm