Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I'm on a Boat

Post by Link64 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

Link could only watch as the other Link was shaken around, wishing he could do more but unable to reach him. The Octo was flailing it's other arm too, but he easily avoided it and instead leapt into the boat. They had to finish this monster, and the older Link could hardly aim from his current position, which meant Link had to do something about the last two eyes.

He readied his boomerang fins one more time and let them fly, trying to keep his feet steady on the rocking boat. If the octo went under and didn't let go of the other boy, he'd jump in and help him get lose, but for now he stayed with the boat, waiting to catch his fins again.

---

HP: 371/410
    AP: 35/72

Items: Sword, Bow, Hookshot
    Trinkets: Zora Mask, Ocarina of Time

Zora Special Move: Boomerang Fins - 2 razor sharp fins that act as boomerangs, each slicing through opponents twice. AP cost: 8
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:32 pm

The member 'Link64' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

--------------------------------

#2 'Attack/Heal (36-40)' : 16, 21, 12, 18
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:42 pm

Flailing, whilst silly looking, did some good. It confused the pest on its arm and made his attacks miss. It also miraculously allowed him to accidentally swat away the boomerang fins of the fish boy.

Though drastically wounded and panicking, the octo was sensible enough to know that now that the fish boy was on the boat, it made him a clear target. It slammed the tentacle that still have a pest stuck on it down at the fish boy, not daring to smack him with the other limb in fear that the fish boy will get stuck on its sucker like the pest boy did. Oh the horror, having two noisy boys stuck at the ends of its limbs! The big octo can't even imagine it.

----

Total HP: 25/250
    Eyes remaining: 2 (HP: 5, 20)

Last edited by Universal NPC on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:42 pm

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Coin Flip' :

#2 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 6

#3 'Attack/Heal (36-40)' : 2
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:57 pm

Well, that didn't work at all, both boomerangs missed the eyes, being deflected by the octo's flailing. Link caught them, but had no time to even think about his next attack, as he was hit with a Link. He blinked, and then grabbed the other boy, trying to pull him off the tentacle.

But he was definitely stuck on there, they might have to cut him off. The octo lifted it's arm up again, pulling the Hero of Winds up into the air, with the Hero of Time now hanging onto his feet.

"What are you doing?! This is a battle, not a circus show!!" Tatl barked, flitting around them

He was sure they probably looked ridiculous, but that really didn't matter. Looking down at the octo, Link swung forward, and let go of the other boy's feet, flipping in the air and diving towards the octo's face again, slashing at the eyes with his fins as many times as he could before falling back into the water.

---

HP: 369/410
    AP: 32/72

Items: Sword, Bow, Hookshot
    Trinkets: Zora Mask, Ocarina of Time
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:57 pm

The member 'Link64' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (36-40)' : 28, 21, 8

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:11 pm

As if being swung around wasn't dizzy enough, he was smacked down onto the other Link, his own skull cracking against the Zora's. Positively swirly eyed now, he was dragged back through the air with the other boy dangling from his feet. One second the boy was there and the next he wasn't. By the time, the Wind Waker was aware of what's happening, the Octo gave a squeal and could safely be pronounced dead. He would have applauded the other Link had there not been two (or was it three, wait that's a fourth, yes?) floating in his vision.

Then 'POP', he was unstuck from the suckers as it lost its ability to remained glued to his back. In a comical fashion, Link swivelled his head to gape at his back (with a equally comical dotted shape of where the sucker was blinking away) before - exclamation mark! "Hwah!" - he flailed in the air just as the octo did in the water before it died as if the action could stop him from falling. It was inevitable though and with SPLOOSH, he was in the now whirlpool-less waters.

He surfaced with a gasp and paddled there on the spot for two seconds before swimming back over to the boat.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Link hit the water and surfaced in time to see the big octo going down, and the other Link hit the water. His head appeared over above the waves though, so he was conscious, and even able to swim to the boat. Link followed him, pulling himself into the small craft and removing the Zora mask, which changed him back to normal.

"Great job out there!" He congratulated, sitting on the floor of the boat, not wanting to stand up just yet. That had been a tough battle, he'd never seen an octorok like that in Hyrule or Termina before.

"How did you know it's weakspot? Have you fought those before?" Tatl asked, bobbing in front of the Hero of Winds.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:02 pm

By the time he got back to the boat and blinked the salty water from his eyes, the younger Link was back to normal again. He stared with his mouth open for a long while then pointed at the mask in his hand, the boy, the mask, the boy, the...

"How did you know it's weakspot? Have you fought those before?"

Distracted from what he wanted to ask about, he nodded and heaved himself back onto the boat, splatting backwards so that he was lying on his back on the deck and his feet still dangling over the edge of the vessel. The sky cleared and his position allowed him to dry better in the sun. The boy pulled out his digiglass, wiping the droplets of water from it and wrote his answer. "I see them quite often in the Great Sea though you can usually tell where they are by a large flock of seagulls which there weren't here. Had there been seagulls, I wouldn't have steered the boat here. Sorry, I guess it was my fault."

He got up and peered over the dge of the boat, squint into the sea though the seabed was too deep for him to see it. "Big octos also tend to be guards some sort of treasure as well. I wonder if this one have any though it's useless if we don't have a salvage arm to fish it up with."
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:46 pm

Tatl read the words. "A salvage arm?" She asked, not used to nautical terms like this.

Link looked at the tablet too. "I could go down and see if there's anything at the bottom." He offered, holding the Zora mask up again. He didn't know what a salvage arm was either, but it just made sense that if the treasure it was guarding didn't float to the surface, it must have sunk.

Standing up, he jumped off the edge of the boat, putting the mask on as he hit the water. Now a zora again, he sank down into the dark waters, wondering exactly how deep this ocean was. It seemed like it was going to be even deeper than lake Hylia.

Finally he felt his feet hit the sandy bottom and looked around. The body of the octo had sunk as well, and he could see it nearby, motionless on the dimly lit seabed. He started to look around for anything that looked like a treasure. The sea floor was very barren, with only a few rocks scattered about. Walking towards the big octo carcass, he thought he saw a glint of metal behind one of it's tentacle.

It didn't take too much force to move the massive arm aside, it was much lighter underwater, and behind it he saw a metal treasure chest. This had to be the treasure!

Link pried the lid open and saw two bags inside. He grabbed them and swam up toward to bright surface. After a minute his head emerged into the air again, and he pulled the mask off, climbing into the boat in his normal, smaller form, with the hopes that it would be less likely to tip over that way.

"Well? What did you find?" Tatl demanded, flying to the bags in his hand. Shaking his wet hair of his eyes (maybe he should have left the mask on until he got in the boat) the boy shrugged, and set the bags on the deck in front of them.

"Here, you pick one, I dunno what's inside." He said, taking a closer look at the bags now that they were in the warm sunshine. They looked old, and one was lumpier than the other. It certainly wasn't the sparkling reward that the term treasure usually brought to mind, but Link knew all too well that the kinds of things one could find in treasure chests varied quite a bit.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:13 pm

Link sat down on his seat and stared at the two bags, scratching a corner of his chin as he wondered which to pick. The lumpier one looked like it would contain something practical - an item of use? His hand hovered for the lumpier bag but then thought better and reached for the other one. He has plenty of weapons and items in his inventory already. It was better to give it to the younger Link.

He smiled at the boy as he took the other bag, opening and upturning the contents into his hand, raising an eyebrow when a soppy wet blue cloth was spat out of the bag. Curious, he set the bag aside and flicked the blue material in the air to straighten it out and sending a fresh rain of water droplets at the other Link - this Link can only smile apologetically at that.

A blue tunic? He bubbled a question mark then held the tunic against his body. What a coincident! It matched his size! Great, now he didn't have to invest money in buying a blue tunic if he ever needed one.

He draped the tunic on the dge of the boat to dry out int he sun and waited for the other Link to open his bag of treasure.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Link watched as the older boy picked a bag, and then dumped his prize into his hand. While the older Link didn't realize this, the Hero of Time knew immediately what that was. It was a Zora Tunic, a special tunic that had been crafted in his era of Hyrule to allow the wearer to breathe while underwater. There was no mistaking the material, he was sure of it.

"That's a Zora Tunic." He said, grinning, thinking there couldn't have been a more perfect find, though hopefully they wouldn't run into anymore octoroks today and the tunic wouldn't been needed.

Turning his attention to the other bag, Link lifted it up and tried to find the opening. He hadn't noticed this before, but now that some of the sea-junk was coming off the bag, it looked like it might be a bomb bag. Well, if it had bombs in it, it was unlikely they'd been any good after getting wet.

He carefully emptied the bag onto the deck, to find it was full of strange, fish-shaped, round objects. 20 of them, to be exact.

Tatl circled the objects, looking them over. "Those smell like explosives, they must be some kind of bomb." A bomb shaped like a fish? Could that mean they were water proof somehow? Was that even possible?
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:53 pm

"A Zora tunic?" he wrote on his tablet. "What does it do? I don't remember your Zora form wearing a tunic." Should he offer the tunic to the other Link so that his Zora form be more clothed? Wait, his Zora form was taller so the size wouldn't match.

He rubbed the material behind his thumb and forefinger, furrowing his brows together. He never seen this kind of material before. Is it a special cloth that only Zora's could make? So it's like a souvenir one might get from the Zora's if you visit their island?

He leant closer to examine the fish bombs and poked at one with his finger, twirling it around. "It doesn't have a fuse," he noted on his tablet.
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Link was a little surprised, didn't they have Zora Tunics when the other Link was from? With the entire world being a big ocean, it seemed like an item that would be useful. "It lets you breath underwater." He explained, although he couldn't explain how it worked that way.

He picked up one of the fish things, it was kind of heavy and about the size of a bomb, but it didn't look like any he'd ever seen. He saw the other boy writing something, and looked up to read, then nodded. "Yeah, it doesn't." How would it work then? Maybe someone in town could identify it, but it was strange that a Zora Tunic, and item from Hyrule that he knew very well, would be in a chest with an item he'd never seen before.

He put the fish 'bombs' as they might be back into the bomb bag they'd been in and stashed it with his other bomb bag.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 1:11 am