Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: I'm on a Boat

Post by Impa on Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 am

Whilst Impa had heard that the two Links were setting off for a grand fishing adventure, she had not planned on venturing out to sea to make sure that they remained nice and safe. After all, even though they were still boys, both of them were skilled beyond their years and were true Heroes of Time, and that alone meant that they were capable of great things. However, between her own curiosity of the Sea of Simulation found in this world as well as the unmistakable sense of forbidding she had got towards it sometime later in the afternoon, one sensation that she had felt many times before and knew all too well that it signified the guaranteed potential for danger out there, she decided that it was probably for the best that she also venture out on the sea to make certain that they were all right.

After carefully deciding the best boat to use, one that could easily be sailed solo as well as quickly connected to the ship that the lads had rented, Impa set out onto the great blue sea, sans life vest. She had one in the boat just in case of course, but somehow, the man at the shop knew better than to press her to wear it. After getting properly situated, the Sheikah had set out to sea without any trouble, finding herself all too reminded of some of the times that she had been fortunate to be able to take Princess Zelda out for a boat ride on Lake Hylia. Granted, this sort of sailing was completely different, but it was still proving to be an adventure in itself so far, and the Sage of Shadow was quite enjoying it.

A reasonable amount of time after she had set out, Impa found the vessel that the two Links had rented right in her immediate field of vision. Smiling to herself and adjusting the sail accordingly, she made her way towards their current spot, only greeting them once their boats were only a few meters apart.

"Ahoy lads… I hope you don't mind any company," said Impa, smiling and waving to the two. "I had an odd feeling about the seas today, so I thought it best to come make sure you were both doing well."
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:28 pm

Link noticed the boat some distance away and had squinted at it for some time before the image of Impa was clear enough for him to see. He waved his arms up and down in a 'we're here!' kind of way though it didn't seem neccessary since she was heading their direction to begin with.

He waved more sensibly when she was nearer.

"Ahoy lads… I hope you don't mind any company,"

He chuckled then scribbled on his digiglass. "The more the merrier!"

"I had an odd feeling about the seas today, so I thought it best to come make sure you were both doing well."

He blinked at that then glanced behind him at the spot where the Big Octo was previously. How did she know that?! Amazing! Were all sages capable of sensing things like that, he wondered. Makar and Medli didn't show much of it in that area...

He was about to scribble something else on his digiglass - something about joining up for fishing with Impa - when something caught his eye. He blinked, rubbed his eyes (instantly regretting it because he was still soaking wet from sea water and the salt went right onto his eyeballs from this action) and squinted at the waters. Nothing.

Must be his imagination the-WAIT?! THERE IT IS AGAIN!

"AA!" he cried, standing up in the boat and making it rock slightly. He pointed at the place the Big Octo was where two purple shark fins were now cutting through the water. He whirled around to see if the other two was seeing the same thing he was but froze when he saw several more fins dashing past on the other side of Impa's boat.

They were surrounded.

Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:20 pm

Link looked around as he saw the other boy looking at something, and there in the distance was what looked like another boat, smaller than theirs, with a figure that he couldn't quite make out. However, as the boat came closer he realized that the person on board was a familiar one, Impa! She knew they were out here, but he hadn't expected her to come visit. He joined the other Link in waving to her, grinning happily.

She'd just missed all of the excitement, though! But maybe that was good, since he wasn't sure if she had anything with her to let her breathe under water anymore than the other link- or had, since now he had a nice Zora tunic.

"I had an odd feeling about the seas today, so I thought it best to come make sure you were both doing well."

Link nodded, and was going to ask her about the fish things that might be bombs when the other Link jumped to his feat, staring out at something in the water. Link followed his gaze and saw what looked like purple colored triangles poking out of the water's surface. He assumed they must be part of an animal, the way they moved, and he could see dark shapes under them.

Judging by the older boy's reaction to them, this wasn't something friendly.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:50 pm

Impa smiled at the text that the future Link scrawled on his digiglass, right before returning Link's wave as her boat neared their own. She could tell that Link was just about to ask her something, but when the boy's future counterpart stopped his next scribbling, Impa's own gaze narrowed and she glanced out to the water, focusing on a spot several meters away from the boat. She had just sensed a dark presence there, but she was pleased that that sensing was not accompanied by a very bad feeling about all of this. A moment later, the future Link hopped to his feet, and the purple dorsal fins of a few large fish appeared to be cutting through the water, soon moving to encircle their two adjacent vessels.

Moving quickly, Impa tossed a thick, white rope over to the lads' boat, right before she herself leapt over to it and used the rope to tie a tight knot around the mooring post on their slightly larger boat. That rope was already tied to the middle of her boat, so the two ships were now steadily connected. Now that that was taken care of, Impa prepared herself to use any of her shadow-based spells, as those seemed that they would be the most effective here of any of her array of spells, especially given the added medium of water here.

"Link, Link, look sharp… these fish might be large, but they are nothing the three of us cannot handle,"
    stated Impa, shifting her gaze as she watched the fins continue to circle around the boats. "Let us send them on their way from us."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Post by Universal NPC on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 pm

The gyorgs had been attracted to the spot by the Big Octo corpse which had sank to the bottom. The 7 shark-like creatures made short work of the dead monster, tearing at the scant remaining scraps of meat that had floated to the surface during their meal. Oh, what's this? More fresh meat on the water surface?

With a flip of their tail, they cut through the water, spiralling until there was a purple fin everywhere their dessert looked. Yes, dessert~

Suddenly, one of the gyorgs broke formation, unable to resist any longer, and lunge at the boat, aiming to hit one of them into the desserts into the water - please be the big shapely one!

-----

7 Gyorgs - 50HP each.

Three coins. If hit, they fall in the water. Coin order - Impa, Link64, WWLink.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:21 pm

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:59 pm

Impa carefully watched the circling sharks, using her Eyes of Truth to try and discern their true shape and size… she wasn't able to make out their full details, but she was able to see past their shadow and get a general idea for what they looked like. These sharks were quite sizable and they appeared to have armored snouts in addition to rather sharp teeth. So long as they stayed on the boat, they should have a good chance fending these overly aggressive fish off…

As Impa watched the fins circling on the near side of the boat, her eyes suddenly widened as her sharp perception and good hearing alerted her to the fact that one of the sharks was headed directly for the boat. It was going to ram it! Quickly narrowing her gaze again and whipping around to watch the swiftly approaching dorsal fin, the Sheikah steadied her footing and braced for impact, hoping that both Links would be able to catch their footing as well. Despite her best efforts though, the Gyorg hit the boat at the perfect angle, sending a strong shockwave through the boat right before it sent Impa falling into the water.

As the Sage of Shadow prepared for her forced plunge, she was grateful for her quick instincts, as she soon found herself about 10 feet deep in the sea and virtually eye to eye with the circling, purple sharks. Opening her eyes once she had got her bearings, Impa found the closest one and aimed two quick Shadow Orbs at its eye and gills, right before moving to swim the short distance to the surface.

Gasping for air as she hit the surface of the water, the Sheikah relied on her keen senses to keep her aware of the Gyorgs' positions as she swam to the boat. She gripped the side of the boat but didn't move to climb out just yet… whilst it was a risky position, she might be able confuse and distract the purple sharks long enough for the two Links to get a good attack in before she pulled herself out.

---

HP: (140/140)
    AP: (18/19)
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:59 pm

The member 'Impa' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 8, 3

--------------------------------

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Link64
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Link64 on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm

Link fell over as the fish rammed the boat, landing on the deck with a thud. But for once being small came in handy, because while both boys managed not to fall overboard, the taller Impa was sent into the water by the shaking boat. "Impa!" Link shouted, looking over the edge, about to grab his Zora mask and go in after her when her head popped up above the surface.

"You might want to do something unless you want them to do that again!" Tatl shouted, bobbing up and down in the air as the pack of purple fins approached. Link jumped to his feet, and pulled out the gold and black bow he'd found in Termina. He aimed at the fish and fired 3 arrows. If arrows had worked on the giant fish, Gyorg, they would surely work on these smaller fish.

----

HP: 369/410
    AP: 29/72

Items: Sword, Bow, Hookshot
    Trinkets: Zora Mask, Ocarina of Time
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Oct 09, 2011 12:50 pm

The member 'Link64' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (36-40)' : 14, 15, 6

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

This Link wobbled when the boat was struck, arms pinwheeling and hips going back and forth like he was going to topple either backwards or forward any second. He managed to stay standing though even if the way he managed to do it was by acting rather comical appearence-wise.

"AA!" he cried as Impa fell into the water. He spun around and joined the younger Link at the boat's edge, tipping the boat a little with their combined weight. When Impa surfaced, he breathed a sigh of relief. He reached one hand to help the lady back onto the boat and the other hand flicked a boomerang out into the waters. The weapon skimmed the water's surface, making a beeline to smack three gyorgs fins in a row.

---

HP: 182/190
    AP: 12/28
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:40 pm

The member 'Wind Waker Link' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 8, 6, 15

#2 'Coin Flip' :
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 pm

Yes! Perfect! The big tasty looking one fell in! The gyorgs would have done a collective cartwheel in joy but hmph, they're not dolphins. They're mighty gyorgs!

Alas, their joy was short lived as sudden magic orbs, arrows and boomerangs were shot/flung at them, halting them in the process of swimming forward and ripping their dessert apart. One lucky creature got lucky though and rocketed through the water, jaws apart to snap at the woman.

The gyorg which was on the receiving end of a shadow orb, shook its head with one of its fellow gyorgs doing exactly the same thing beside it. Gills? Intact. Fins, tail and mouth? Intact, intact and intact. Eyes? Intact - well one of them. Angry from missing an eye, the two gyorgs lunge up to the water surface and burst out of the sea, aiming to snatch one of the small fries each off the deck and into the water.

----

First set of coin/dice is for Impa and second is for WWLink, third, Link64.

42/50
    44/50
    35/50
    35/50
    44/50
    47/50
    50/50
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:33 pm

The member 'Universal NPC' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

#1 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 4

#2 'Coin Flip' :

#3 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 10

#4 'Coin Flip' :

#5 'Attack/Heal (36-40)' : 39

#6 'Coin Flip' :
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:08 pm

Impa's gamble had paid off, for whilst the future Link had also been knocked into the water by one of the breaching sharks, the lads had been able to get in some good hits on the distracted fish to follow up on her own successful strike. In the split second it took for her to unsheathe her knife to fend off the shark that missed its underwater strike at her, Impa noted that she had a good opening the breaching shark that missed the Link from her time, and as the Gyorg cleared the boat over the boy's head, Impa quickly pulled herself back up onto the boat, leaping upwards and rapidly slashing her knife three times at the belly of the airborne shark. The first two slashes grazed the metal plating on the beast's nose, but the third struck true, hitting right in the middle of its abdomen.

As the Gyorg returned to the water, Impa followed it with her gaze, watching it carefully to gauge its status as she soon glanced to the future Link, hoping that he was all right from the bite he had sustained. Keeping an eye on the lad even though she knew he was a strong swimmer, Impa called out, "Link! Are you all right?"

---

HP: (140/140)
    AP: (16/19)

(Edit: Added in proper hits landed.)

Last edited by Impa on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:10 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 am