Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Nosocomephobia

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:41 pm

The girl blinked and frowned while she continued to draw him. Now she was drawing his suit, and she was using a lot of black to fill it in. "Isn't kissing for mommies and daddies?" But then she remembered that her father would kiss her goodnight, but she remembered seeing people kissing in the movies... and then they got married. Which she didn't fully understand, but it was supposed to be very nice and romantic. "What do you do if you can't kiss?"

He came over to her for the paper, and she instinctively drew her hand back. He was only here for the paper, so if he took the paper, she wouldn't be able to finish her drawing. She squirmed again, then said, "Can you -- stay a bit longer? I want to show you my drawing. I can give you the paper when I am done, okay? Oh, and -- and can you read it out to me too? Pretty please?" she wheedled.

She was also kind of lonely...
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Oct 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Er... when she put it like that. "I... I don't know... My mother and father didn't kiss." Actually, he didn't know what they did. Did they do anything? Probably not... But he didn't want to fixate on that, and he went back to addressing the girl. Cosmos, she was so inquisitive. Why did children, no matter the species, want to know your pedian slug guano? "Well... I normally just... hug. Yes, hug. Or sometimes we just cuddle. You know, like holding your favourite doll or dearest pet close to you. N-Not that my friend is an object of affection, but it's like that, I think." That was the best he could describe it without blushing even more. He didn't know how to talk with children, okay!?

When she asked if he could stay a bit longer, Zurg didn't see why not. It's not like he had somewhere to be, and he did need that piece of paper. If the girl was allowed to draw him and he had the paper, it was great for both parties. And she wanted him to read the clue? "I don't mind reading it to you, but I need the paper first, if you don't mind. I'm not a telepath." By now Zurg was starting to relax and he allowed himself to sit at the foot of the child's bed, mindful regarding her feet.

Maybe this wasn't so bad after all.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:07 pm

She made a small sound, maybe of discomfort. "My daddy and mommy don't kiss either. Mommy left because she was mad at daddy. Daddy was mad too, but he was sadder than he was madder," she reflected, getting the chance to draw in his cheekbones just right now that he was close. She decided not to ask him anymore because when people asked her why she didn't have a mother, she got uncomfortable. Maybe something like that had happened to him too.

But she smiled when he spoke of hugs and cuddles. "I really like hugs! Daddy gives me lots of hugs when he comes to visit!" Now she was drawing his cuffs and collar, but if asked she wouldn't be able to explain which bits she was coloring in. The answer being satisfactory, she began to hum, not minding when he sat on the foot of her bed. She was small enough that he fit comfortably.

"Don't worry, I'm nearly done the picture," she promised, looking at him then back at the paper several times while she colored him in. Now that he was sitting, she drew him in a sitting position. But him sitting in mid-air looked weird, so she began to draw the bed too. Her brow furrowed as she looked at the picture. Something still seemed to be missing.

"How does she look like?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:17 pm

Zurg just sighed. Even an Evil Emperor found family affairs depressing. "Yes... my parents were kind of like that. They didn't live together, and I hardly saw them." Can't choose your family, wasn't that right? You can only choose the memories you had of them, and Zurg had sadly kept all the bad ones. Oh, well. It wouldn't do to reflect on these needless things, so he sat up and stopped slouching forward. "At least your father loves you and gives you affection. That's something other folks don't have. I would treasure that, if I were you." Wretched puzzle game. First the building, and now this. Would the torture ever end?

Strangely, the child asked for how Jo looked like, and Zurg thought a bit. "Mm... Like you, really. Soft, peachy skin... brown eyes... a great smile..." Now he was missing Jo. Terrific. Missing Jo, feeling lonely, and in a hospital. This just made Zurg sullen ever so slightly. "She's got... long brown hair, which I always admire. And... she's a tad pudgy~! But I don't mind. Jo is perfect the way she is, calloused hands and all. Although, I did wish she brushed her teeth more and cleaned her toenails. Seeing sock fuzz just isn't right." Now, the child probably wasn't going to understand all of that, but there it was. Simple terms and simple explanations.

Wonder why the girl had asked?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:37 pm

Oh, she had suspected right. She felt bad for bringing it up, so this time she did apologize. "I'm sorry. You must have been very lonely." She nodded, already treasuring such affection because it was so scarce. She felt lonely a lot of times too, but she always knew her dad would come back. He came in every day for a little bit, as often as he could. She tried to imagine how it would be like if her dad didn't visit at all. She thought she'd be very upset and even lonelier than she was now.

The child found it strange that the person he described looked like her and not like him, but her hair had been black and not brown, and she was certainly not pudgy. She giggled and made a face. "I don't like brushing my teeth a lot either!" She already liked this friend of his, even though she wished she had cleaner handwriting.

She began to add his friend in the picture, sitting in the bed, adding a smiling face to her and long brown hair. She drew it straight, not knowing how the proper hair style was, and to the woman's waist. His friend was now sitting up in the bed, smiling at him, and she even made them hold hands. She liked it when her father held her hand. Drawing a hug or a cuddle would be too complicated now that she had finished drawing him. And because she didn't have his friend here to look at, the drawing didn't come out exactly right, but she'd had practice and was pretty sure all the basic shapes were the proper sizes.

"Okay, you can see my picture now!" She flipped the paper over for him and smiled proudly. "I never use my purple crayon, so this was fun! What do you think?"
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:47 pm

He was very lonely, wasn't he. He normally didn't care to acknowledge that, but he was. He was, and Zurg was starting to hate being lonely. After over fifty years of isolation, it was all coming undone by spending a little more than two years upon this world. What had Portal Breach done to him? What had it done to them all?

"Hm?" He could see the picture now? Well, let's see! Zurg glanced over to see what the child had drawn, and immediately his eyes were taken to his blue-black figure. Oh, he looked like a bruise, damn colour-blindness! But let him see, let him see! He leaned closer to better peer at (he was near-sighted), and seeing the girl's artwork did bring a slight grin to his face. "Say, that's not so bad." He told her. Better than what some grubs could do, and she knew her basic anatomy. And even the self-titled emperor of all evil had to relent; the picture with Jo and him holding hands did soften his black hole of a heart just a bit. Just a bit. "I think you got my handsome visage just right, along with Jo's pudginess. But... I think it's missing something." Reaching out to hold up a black crayon, he held it before the child and offered it. "Every artist needs to put their name on their masterpieces. It's so those who stop to admire will know who made such a lovely piece of work. Why don't you put your name on it so others know that you drew it?"

Who knew? Maybe this child will grow up to become a world-famous artist? It never struck Zurg that she was quite ill, so he had assumed that she would live to a good age after she became better. Cancer, after all, had been cured and remedied in his galaxy.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:05 pm

"Thank you!" She positively beamed at him. No one praised her work like that! Not even her father, even though he loved her pictures and hung them up on the wall at home and work. And oh, his friend's name was Jo? That was a nice name, and now she wondered what his name was. But before she could ask, he handed her a crayon. To sign her name on it? So people could see it in the future? She'd never thought of that before.

"Okay!" She grabbed the crayon and wrote down her name in a corner. She wrote it out clearly and slowly, then slid the paper over to him so he could read her name: Vida Etern. "You should write your name and your friend's name down too, so I won't forget them. And then I can give you your message!" She patted the paper and settled back against the pillows for a moment, blinking tiredly. But she resolutely stayed alert to see his reaction and so he could read out what the paper said.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:10 pm

Oh, such an interesting name! "Vida?" He almost mispronounced and said Bida or Teeda -- his lips weren't meant for the letter V! "Well, Vida, I'll show you my name and you see if you like it." Taking the crayon in his left hand, Zurg stooped over to sign his typical fancy handiwork. At the side so that the names wouldn't ruin the picture, he wrote both Jo Pistonne and Zurg as neatly as possible. And you just know that the hand of a monarch was going to be neat as possible. Finished, he slid the paper and crayon back to her. "There, our names. I don't have a last name, so it's just Zurg. Just Zurg." That was a common question: what was his last name?

Seemed the child was getting tired, and that meant he had probably overstayed his welcome. "Ah, you better hand me the paper so you can take a nap. I reckon you'll be wanting some sleep, yes?" What child didn't like to fall off into dreamland?

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:16 pm

She nodded with a sleepy smile, then waited for him to write the names down before taking the paper from him and looking down to read them. Oh, he had such pretty and clear handwriting, not at all like his friend's. "Jo Peestony..." she readout loud, unwittingly mispronouncing it, then looked over at his name. "Zurg..." She'd never heard a name like his before, but then again a lot of people told her they had never heard her name before either. "We have special names," she giggled, carefully folding the drawing away.

She extended her hand to give him the message, as promised. "Yeah, but read it out to me first, please." She yawned, feeling really worn out all of a sudden. Her head was feeling cold too, so she grabbed a woolen hat and placed it on her head, tugging it over her ears, then folded her arms and struggled to remain awake.
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:36 pm

"Hm, hm..." Zurg chuckled at the child's mispronunciation. "You know, I used to say Pissed-on, but it's actually Piss-tone. Not much better, in my opinion!" Some adult humour that will fly over her head, but he took the paper gratefully. "Getting tired, are we? Very well. I shall read you the message as promised." Of course, one could not read Jo's handwriting without ocular aid so Zurg had to dig inside his coat and grab for his reading glasses. With them on, he was able to properly see the mechanic's chicken-scratch. Eesh, this was bad.

Ready, the Evil Emperor cleared his throat and started clearly.

""Hi, Big Z, Jo here again!

I hope you haven't been through too much -- don't worry, it'll be worth it in the end! -- but it's not over yet! The next place you'll have to go is easy. You'll definitely remember this one -- it's where I whooped your butt~!

You're nearly there, so don't give up now! You'll definitely love what I've got in store for you. But you're probably wondering why I'm putting you through all this -- but I ain't saying nothin'. You'll just have to wait and see!

Lots of love and hope to see you soon!
      Jo."

Finished, he set the paper down and blinked. "Whooped my butt...?" Zurg made a noise much akin to -- "Pffft!" -- and he giggled. "I guess she finds herself clever since she can't rhyme worth a dime." He winked, folding the letter up and pocketing it. He'll be needing it for reference. In the meanwhile, poor Vida looked tired and the alien rose to his feet at last. "Anyway, I've stayed long enough. You should rest, child. Here, I'll tuck you in." While on his world you did not touch another person's child, there was nothing against making that child feel comfortable and he made sure Vida was bundled and snug as a grub on Cake Day. He then put her drawing utensils upon the nightstand next to her and went over towards the light switch. Just because you were evil didn't mean you had to be evil all the time.

The child attended to and everything in order, Zurg remained for one last moment. "Take care, Vida, and get better. Just remember this; things may seem tough and you may want to quit, but to see another day is another day worth living. Sleep well, child." And with the flick of the switch and a quiet closing of the door, he was gone. Gone, and vanished as if he never existed at all, the only evidence the drawing on Vida's nightstand.

Jo Pistonne
    Zettabyte

Zettabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Jo Pistonne on Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:48 pm

Vida giggled, rubbing her eyes. "Don't tell her I said her name wrong." Indeed, the adult humor went over her head. She listened to the message, not finding it as interesting as she'd hoped, but she decided that was probably the nature of the game and why he was looking around for clues this Jo had left him. She giggled softly again at the sound he made, but her eyes were already drooping shut. She'd had that "therapy" yesterday and she was still feeling worn out from it.

"Your friend must... really be lots of fun. If she's... playing games with you... when you're not kids." Vida yawned, smiling when Zurg tucked her in comfortably. Now she was pleasantly warm and ready to take a nap. "Thank you..." she whispered, not understanding all of his advice, but knowing it was important and sincere. "And I hope you... finish that game..."

She wanted to ask him if she'd see him again, but he was already at the door, and she was so tired. When he turned the lights off and closed the door behind him, Vida had already fallen asleep.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:20 am