Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Re: Doctor Doctor, Tell Us the News...

Post by Bonkers on Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:57 am

“Of course I’m really good in that acting stuff!” Bonkers retorted with feigned hurt before he poked the Alien in his ribs, “You should watch one of my cartoons one day!” Kids and adults both equally loved his stuff – yeah, he remembered the good old times with the cameras and the lights and his old crew. This was what toons were ultimately made for; not Police Work, Not Babysitting, Not having to die in a strange, blue, toxic goop. Though he loved the first two occupations just as much as his time as an actor, the latter – eeeeeh, not so much.

Bonkers watched the boy run into the hospital with a big grin on his face. Good old Link, you could always count on those Videogame Adventure Heroes!
    Soon enough he came back with nurse Salli again. The toon fixed up his posture and offered his best upbeat smile at the nurse. Things were going to brighten up finally!

"Hello! We're back again. Miss us?" He chuckled nervously before steepling his fingers. "My friend and I need some of your...sciencey assistance." Take it away, Bonko!
    Take it AWAY? What, did you want him to crash into the wall AGAIN? A joke was going to lose its spice if you repeated it too often!
    No. No, no, no. THIS time, Bonkers would try to get their problem across via interpretive dancing! I.e. Charades!

He clapped at Salli and Link for attention and then walked a few feet away to a clean patch on the road where he would have some space.

One Word. Two Syllables – though he’d let multiple answers count.
    Get ready folks, he was going to throw you some bones now!

And thus, the toon began to tell their story from the moment he saw the Newscast to finding Kev in the Street and the little Accident that followed; which for the sake of redundancy and laziness of the RPer shall not be repeated here.

Enjoy the show!
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Thu Aug 09, 2012 3:46 pm

She followed the boy outside, blinking as she saw the figures just beyond the barrier. Bonkers and that one green person again? She remembered them from when they came here just a few days ago, with that racist marshmallow rabbit. Link said they had been infected, but they didn't look infected...not like she had seen. They got close, so that she and Link were right in front of the two of them without exiting the barrier. Yes...neither of them were melting. If Link hadn't told her any different, she'd think they were healthy.

The Mouthless Thing Again wrote:"Hello! We're back again. Miss us? My friend and I need some of your...sciencey assistance."

She gave the two of them a friendly wave and watched Bonkers. He stepped away a few feet and...was he doing charades? She narrowed her optics, noting every mimed gesture as Bonkers told his story. And she believed she got the gist of it. The newscast, going to the sanctuary, finding the mouthless one covered in phazon, and how he later hugged Bonkers and the racist one, infecting them through touch, as the nurse had earlier died from.

She rubbed her chin, concerned by this news. "And you two have already tried to walk through the barrier? You must have residual phazon inside you...from what I've seen, this stuff is very invasive. You two are the first case I've seen that's...that hasn't died." She eyed the barrier, waffling over whether to come out and look over the two of them or stay in the safety behind the shield. "There are only two reasons for why this could be happening. Either the two of you are somehow immune to this thing's effects, yet still are able to carry it within you for infectious purposes, or...its effect are going to be...gradual."

She eyed the barrier again. "Link? Could you go inside and grab some gloves for me, and a popsicle stick?" Time for some sciencey stuff.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Thu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 pm

Link watched the mime act at first with confusion because why would the bobcat go to such extents of acting it out when saying the words were so much faster? He'd had understood if Bonkers was as literally speechless as Link himself was but he obviously wasn't and... you know what? This was Bonkers they were talking to and the name was pretty much self-explanatory to his actions and behaviour.

Right... so hum, the first was watching...T.V. Right, he got that. Then they went somewhere and Kev got covered in phazon and um... Kev hugged Bonkers? At this, Link blinked at looked at the mouthless alien. Did he not know he was infected when they hugged? Why would Kev take such a big risk? Actually, again same argument as above, this was Bonkers so it was rather possible the bobcat initiated the hug instead.

Link nodded, agreeing with the doctor. All he'd seen when people touched phazon was death as well, despite how quickly he and his inn staff tried to haul other NPCs out of the substance with ropes and trying to pull them to safety inside the shield. They always died moments later no matter how much exposure they had to the blue stuff. Had he not seen the barrier reject Bonkers so, he would had thought them healthy too.

"Link? Could you go inside and grab some gloves for me, and a popsicle stick?"

"Mm," agreed the boy and ran off to the hospital doors once more. This time, he invaded an empty hospital room and before any hospital staff could stop him, he dragged and pushed one of the medical supply trolleys right out of the room, reception and front doors. What? It save time running back and forth. Time might be the key in healing Kev and Bonkers here after all. So rattling along, the short boy pushed the trolley right to Salli's side just like a good assistant. (Take note, good assistants don't take medical trolleys out of hospital wards without permission)
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:34 pm

Bonkers wrote:“Of course I’m really good in that acting stuff! You should watch one of my cartoons one day!”

Kev chuckled and nodded at the bobcat. "Alright Bonkers! When this is all over, we can have a marathon of your cartoons, how does that sound? Maybe Bun-Bun will even join us!" That'd be nice, right? Although Bun-Bun didn't seem like the type to enjoy cartoons. Or...anything. Its like some type of weird fate that Bun-Bun the Crab gets befriended by Tweedle-Optimism and Tweedle-Pollyanna, of which Kev and Bonkers were interchangeable.

Instead of speaking, Bonkers decided that'd he'd explain their story through CHARADES~. An odd choice, but hey, this was Bonkers. And watching him act everything out was more enjoyable than hearing something he already knew. He didn't even understand what Bonkers was charading, besides that it was their little situation. Kev no comprende interpretative dance. Link and the doctor seemed to though and at Link's look he shrugged sheepishly. Yeah, hugging Bonkers and Bun-Bun was not one of his best decisions. He'd be hearing about that for a while.

Dr. SALLI wrote: "And you two have already tried to walk through the barrier? You must have residual phazon inside you...from what I've seen, this stuff is very invasive. You two are the first case I've seen that's...that hasn't died."

Kev nodded, this part he knew. They had phazon inside of them, it kept them from entering, and they certainly weren't dead. Unfortunately this meant the Doctor had as much idea about this as they did. Not promising.

Dr. SALLI wrote:"There are only two reasons for why this could be happening. Either the two of you are somehow immune to this thing's effects, yet still are able to carry it within you for infectious purposes, or...its effect are going to be...gradual."

"I was afraid of that..." Neither one was very promising. There was DEATH, and INFECTING OTHERS. Maybe even both. And to think he was in this place because of lamps and bad tempers. Oy vey.

The Doctor made an...odd request. Gloves and a Popsicle stick? Well, she was the Doctor...Link came back with an entire medical cart thing and Kev shook his head a bit. "Let it never be said that you do anything half-assed Link!~" Useful young boy, this one!

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 32

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:29 pm

That’s right Link! Bonkers was only doing all of this because of Rule of Funny. He wasn’t a toon for nothing after all! And hey, you gotta admit – you were a pretty funny guy too at times! Regardless whether you wanted to or not – no offence.

"Alright Bonkers! When this is all over, we can have a marathon of your cartoons, how does that sound? Maybe Bun-Bun will even join us!"
    “That’d be great!” the bobcat smiled.
    Looking back now, his cartoons had maybe grown rather old, but that only made them timeless classics that might eventually outlive him one day.
    …If only that wouldn't happen to be too soon!

You two are the first case I've seen that's...that hasn't died.
    Precicely.
    That word sent a shiver down Bonkers’s spine. He had seen a lot of those NPCs, but… calling the kid by its name was another thing entirely. Phazon didn’t leave a lot of wounds – so most of the victims looked peacefully asleep most of the time… or were pretty much hidden by that stuff.
    Shifting a bit on the balls of his feet, the toon clasped his hands together hopefully and listened on intently.

"There are only two reasons for why this could be happening.
    And Bonkers was VERY interested in hearing those theories, yesplz.

Either the two of you are somehow immune to this thing's effects, yet still are able to carry it within you for infectious purposes, or...its effect are going to be...gradual."
    Yeah, the immunity was something that they had wondered about as well already – but that idea was quickly thrown out the window when… you know, that shield just over there. It’s big and blue and right up in your face, you couldn’t possibly miss it!

That other option though…
    “Gradual?” the bobcat repeated with a slight edge in his voice, “You mean the fact we don’t die instantly is not because we are immune, but because we are no NPCs and the Rule of Plot?”
    Gee, there he was talking weird again. What planet did the toon come from again?

"Link? Could you go inside and grab some gloves for me, and a Popsicle stick?"
    “Popsicles?” the toon suddenly stiffened and clasped his hands together with excitement, “We’re gonna get Popsicles?!” See if only just for that, their trip here had been plenty worth it; wouldn’t you agree, Kev?

The little boy proved to be surprisingly fast, too, in getting… a hospital cart WITHOUT popsicles!
    Hey! No fair!
    Bonkers leaped at the shield again, his eyes seemingly searching for something.
    “Where’s our Ice-cream?!” the toon protested with a fake pout.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri Aug 10, 2012 1:42 am

Bonkers wrote:“Gradual? You mean the fact we don’t die instantly is not because we are immune, but because we are no NPCs and the Rule of Plot?”

Dr. Salli stared. Yeah a lot of that flew by her head. NPCs? Rule of Plot? The Phazon infection must have made him delirious. She gave him a small shrug, unsure how to respond to that statement.

Bonkers wrote:“Popsicles? We’re gonna get Popsicles?!”

Dr. Salli watched Link run inside the building to fetch what she needed but her head came right back around to look at Bonkers sheepishly. "I'm sorry, the popsicle stick has no popsicle on it. I'm going to use it to gentle brush some of your skin cells off and observe the cells." And out came Link! With...an entire medical trolley. "Good thinking Link!" What a smart young boy!

Bonkers wrote:“Where’s our Ice-cream?!”

The bobcat seemed t cling to the barrier somehow and she chuckled a bit. "I don't have ice cream, but I do have lollipops! Will that suffice?" Well maybe not for the...guy with no mouth. How does he eat? She walked over to the trolley and fished out a nice lime lolly, handing it to Link with a smile.

"Thank you for your assistance." Time to use that Doctorates! She searched through the trolley and grabbed out some latex gloves, long ones that went down to her elbow. She couldn't risk the chance of infection. She grabbed out a popsicle stick as well, and walked over to the barrier, eyeing it.

She took a hesitant step forward, and stepped out from the safety of the barrier, on the side with Kev and Bonkers. Hands protected and gloved, she grabbed Kev's arm and rolled up his sleeve. "This shouldn't hurt at all. If it does I apologize." She scraped the popsicle stick along the scales on Kev's arm, until a few scales lifted up and shed off, landing on her glove. With a small click, the lenses of her optics focused themselves until they were microscopic. She focused on the cells on the gloves, taking note.

"I am not familiar with your species, so the cell structure is a bit odd. But.." She focused more. The green cells in the scale were not alone, as there was a blue foreign body. And as she watched, it seemed that the blue cells were overtaking the normal ones. "The blue goo in your system...it seems to be infecting and mutating your normal cells. If you were immune I don't think it would be able to mutate the cells into what they are not..." Guess where that left them?

She released Kev's arm and walked over to Bonkers, gently taking his arm and repeating the process. Again, his cells were odd, not what she was used to, but again, there were blue glowing cells dominating the other cells and replacing them. "The same...is true for you, Bonkers. I'm very sorry. It seems the second theory is...true." She shimmied her gloves off, so she would not completely touch them, and placed them on the ground. No where to put them besides out here somewhere.

"I am extremely sorry, the both of you. I have never encountered this blue stuff before, so if there is a way to make a cure, I do not know of it. I could perhaps try and experiment with it, see what I can do, but its not...promising." She frowned, a little frustrated. Here were two people who needed her help badly, were dying slowly, and she couldn't help them.
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Fri Aug 10, 2012 8:15 am

Link smiled for being told he was helpful and also at Kev's comment (though that induced a grin/smirk rather than a smile) though part of him wiped his brow in relief that he didn't get a telling off from the doctor for dragging the trolley out like this. But then again, for all Salli knew, Link probably asked the staff for it in the first place.

He accepted the lollipop, a little dubious because this was hardly the time for candy but he was hardly the type to not accept free food too. So he unwrapped the lollipop and plopped it in his mouth whilst he watched Salli went about her pull out her equipment. Once she got what she needed, Link reached in and plucked a lollipop from the collection in the trolley and tossed it at Bonkers, watching the barrier fizzle as the candy passed through it.

The innkeeper got extra nervous and worried when the doctor stepped out of the shield. His eyes went further down the street to stare at the glue goo on the tarmac as if the substance would suddenly rush up and swallow Salli whole any second.

Dr. SALLI wrote:"I am extremely sorry, the both of you. I have never encountered this blue stuff before, so if there is a way to make a cure, I do not know of it. I could perhaps try and experiment with it, see what I can do, but its not...promising."

But.... Link looked at Salli, then Bonkers then Kev. Can't cure it? How come? Link turned to the trolley, hurriedly digging through the supplies until he came upon a needle still in its wrapping. He had no idea of its contents but that didn't matter too much. He grabbed it up and darted over to Salli's side, didn't even blink when he went through the shield. Almost desperately he tugged on the doctor's sleeve and held the packaged needle up to her before point at Kev and Bonkers. Don't give up yet! Don't these needles heal everything? They healed up all his wounds when he came in from fights. "Aa! Aa uh aa!"

Oh if only he could talk.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:56 pm

"I'm sorry, the popsicle stick has no popsicle on it. I'm going to use it to gentle brush some of your skin cells off and observe the cells."
    At this Bonkers turned his back on Sally with crossed arms and a fake pout upon his face, “Not fair!” Being denied their ice-cream, After all they had BEEN THROUGH! And were still going to… go through, matter of factly.

"I don't have ice cream, but I do have lollipops! Will that suffice?"
    SUGAR!
    “Yes!” the bobcat bellowed his answer excitedly, without much thought on it and immediately dropped the pouting demeanor. Because… Candy! There was no better distraction from the world crumbling around your feet than a good old sugar-rush.

But then she gave the Lollipop to… Link?! How? Why? Who? Where? WHAT?! Jealous bobcat is jealous.
    Jealous bobcat didn’t stay jealous though when the little adventurer tossed him a Lollipop out through the barrier. The toon easily caught it with a catlike graze and quickly getting rid of the wrapping, Bonkers plopped it in as well and gave Link a thankful thumbs-up.
    Hey, you knew he was far too good-natured to be resenting anyway, right Link?

Distracted by the very zoo-ish feeding Bonkers didn’t realize that Salli had put on her gloves, he did take notice of her walking through the shield though, and… for a moment, the toon had to remind himself of how that shield worked and why exactly he hadn’t been able to get through it. Somewhere in the back of his mind he had already classified that blue bubble as impenetrable, considering that regular walls usually didn’t stand a chance against him.

Those poor walls.

She then continued to do the things she did, scrubbed the boring Popsicle stick without the Popsicle that ought to be on it over Kev’s arm and began to ramble science, about structures and cells and ringtones… okay he made that last one up.
    He didn’t particular understand it, but then again, he didn’t understand a lot of stuff, and usually just rolled along.

She eventually repeated the progress on his arm as well and suddenly looked very… emotional for a robot. That wasn’t good, was it?

"I am extremely sorry, the both of you. I have never encountered this blue stuff before, so if there is a way to make a cure, I do not know of it. I could perhaps try and experiment with it, see what I can do, but its not...promising."
    “Oh, Please!” the bobcat begged. Reflex tempted him to grab onto her arms or to completely throw himself at her, but… he thankfully thought better of it before that could happen, “Please try,” he finished with a slight hunch in his posture, subtly giving his apologies.

Bonkers found himself momentarily distracted however from the sudden ruckus that Link caused behind Salli; and slowly the bobcat straightened his posture again, tilting his head at the young hero in the process. When he as well, ran out of the shield with the needle in hand, Bonkers turned towards the 4th wall with a genuine “Don’t try this at home!” and eventually hopped a step back, handing Kev his tail to hold.

Ya, you know – just in case this could actually mean ‘good news’, the toon didn’t quite trust himself after almost repeating Kev’s misstep.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Aug 10, 2012 5:33 pm

Kev nodded in agreement, a little marathon of Bonkers' movies would be very great! He couldn't help but snicker at Bonkers' enthusiasm about Popsicle although he himself did not want any. Rubbing something cold all over his skin, waiting for it to melt. He had to be in a very specific 'I want this' mood to wanna deal with that.

He snerked and winked at Link's large grin at his comment and snickered at Bonkers clinging to the wall of the barrier. He must have been having a sugar crazing! Link got a lolly, and he likewise tossed one to Bonkers. Kev couldn't even eat a lolly so he didn't mind it. Dr. Salli put on her gloves and a little surprising, she came out to where they were. She grabbed his arm and he nodded, showing he heard and understood her warning. It really didn't hurt when she scraped up a few scales. But it did feel a tad bit weird. He watched curiously as she observed his scales.

Dr. SALLI wrote:"I am not familiar with your species, so the cell structure is a bit odd. But...The blue goo in your system...it seems to be infecting and mutating your normal cells. If you were immune I don't think it would be able to mutate the cells into what they are not..."

...Mutate? The Phazon was mutating his cells?! What did that mean?! He stared down at his arms warily. Was he gonna turn into Phazon?! She repeated the same process on Bonkers, and it seemed she saw the same results on him! "We're gonna become gooey monsters! I'm so sorry Bonkers!" The second theory was true? She couldn't help? Not promising?

Great. They were going to die. Slowly. Because of a simple lamp toss! And hugging. He hung his head. Bonkers begged her to try, and Kev looked up when Link came out too, holding a needle. It looked like the same needle the nurse had used on Bun-Bun. Kev watched curiously and blinked in surprise as Bonkers placed his own tail in Kev's hand. Well okay then!

"Good idea Link! Also be careful!" Hopefully this would work...
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:59 am

She looked at their sad, disappointed faces. As a Doctor, she couldn't help but feel guilty over her helplessness. She couldn't do anything to help their plight. Their sad, long, painful plight. Link came running out of the safety of the barrier and began tugging on her coat, holding something up. A syringe?

Wind Waker Link wrote: "Aa! Aa uh aa!"

He wanted her to try the nanobots. She grabbed the syringe from him and eyed it. She was reminded of the predicament with an Asian couple, months ago. A year ago thereabouts. The male had been infected with lycanthropy, and she had told the female that the nanobots could not fix it, because the nanobots were made to replicate the cells existing. They were meant to heal, and weren't good for fixing infections, and in this case mutations. They would consider the infected cells to be part of the original body. It was why treating someone with nanobots was best done immediately before the wounds could get infected.

Bonkers wrote:“Oh, Please! Please try,”

She looked at the bobcat's pleading face, the mouthless one's curious one, Link's hopeful one. "...Okay. I'll try." She had to try. She walked back inside the barrier, went to the trolley. She grabbed a bottle of the nanobots and extracted some nanobots into it. She stepped back out of the barrier and approached Bonkers.

"I hope this helps..." She injected the nanobots into Bonkers arm, and chucked the needle into a trash can. She stepped back and eyed the bobcat. "5 minutes should be good...and you can try to cross the barrier. And if you can't go through..." She trailed off. This was one instance where she hoped she was wrong.

Bonkers
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

Post by Bonkers on Sat Aug 11, 2012 2:53 am

Bonkers flinched slightly when the needle penetrated his skin and his tail would curl around Kev’s wrist. Being a toon he could deal with most painful things, simply because his skin was flexible and would absorb most acts of violence; this was why you never saw toons ‘bleed’ like that. This however… well, let’s just say that this kind of pain was more ‘real’ than a whack from a mallet!
    Thankfully it didn’t last long and could possibly be totally worth it if it helped!

His tail softly brushed out of Kev’s hand.

"5 minutes should be good...and you can try to cross the barrier. And if you can't go through..."

5 minutes, eh?
    To Bonkers’s understanding those were the longest 5 minutes he had ever had to sit out for something and for the whole time he kept his eyes glued on a portable watch from hammerspace. The moment the second hand was due the bobcat’s posture stiffened.
    “Okay, I’m good!”

He quickly looked at each of the faces and then slowly approached the shield. Biting his lip, the toon closed his eyes and slowly reached out…

The electricity danced around his glove promisingly, but the air… was solid. For a moment Bonkers remained like this, giving the nanobots just a little more time, before the hand upon the shield balled into a fist and his posture hunched slightly.
    The temptation was there to just slap a toon hole on the barrier – if ‘getting through’ was really the only problem, but something in the back of his mind knew that it wouldn’t help the situation. The point was made… right?

The bobcat took a deep breath and let the hand slip from the shield to rest limply beside him.
    “Thank you, Salli. For trying.”

Maybe they should just go home…
    Wind Waker Link
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Wind Waker Link on Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:18 pm

Link backed away to give Salli some room for the procedure. Needles as far as his experiences went were painful enough as is so he didn't want to accidentally nudge the doctor into moving the needle while it was in Bonkers.

Dr. SALLI wrote:"5 minutes should be good...and you can try to cross the barrier. And if you can't go through..."

Five minutes... Link glanced at Kev then back into the barrier again so that there was no risk of the bobcat bouncing off the shield and knocking him into the blue goo. The seconds ticked by and Link kept glancing between Bonkers and Kev as if something miraculous would appear any second.

When Bonkers placed his hand on the shield, Link held his breath. Come on. Come on. Come on.

Bonkers wrote:“Thank you, Salli. For trying.”

No...No! Don't give up yet! But what else can they do? Dr. Salli said experiemtns to find a cure but how were the doctors to experiment if they can't bring the phazon-corrupted things into the hospital labs? Take the lab outside?

Link looked up to Salli with eyes hoping, praying and almost begging she had an answer. He should write something. They should brainstorm. That's a good idea, right? But wait, his legs were taking him somewhere in a hurry. He was back in the hospital again and one look at the bedsheets of the nearest empty hospital bed was all it took for Link to scream and tear the sheets right off - bedsheets and blanket, both of them.

He ran back outside, charged right through the barrier and dumped the gathered sheets on top of Bonkers and Kev, covering them in two layers of cloth before she wrapped his short arms around them. He hugged them tightly. You couldn't help when Alpha killed everybody and now you can't help your friends yet again when they're infected by some stupid blue liquid. Some hero you are, Link.

He screamed again, this time into the sheets but even muffled it was the top of his voice and woven with all the frustration he was feeling, until all the air was out of his lungs.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:52 pm

Dr. SALLI wrote:"...Okay. I'll try."

Hooray, she'd try! After all, those nanobots could do so many things! Maybe they could attack the phazon infection and drive it out of them! The Doctor filled the syringe and injected Bonkers with the nanobots. 5 minutes eh?

Kev rocked on his heels, eyes on Bonkers as they waited, as if expecting the Phazon to be driven out of him. He hoped this would work. This could fix his mistake. He infected his friends but this could rectify it! Oh he hoped it would fix it. He couldn't be responsible for the slow death of such a good friend. Nyreena was enough. And it wouldn't be fair for Bun-Bun to die too, even if he wasn't such a good friend.

The 5 minutes passed and Kev didn't even blink as he watched every move Bonkers made, towards the barrier. He reached out, his hand touching the shield...

It didn't go through. "No..." Bonkers tried again, but eventually his hand fell to his side.

"I'm so sorry Bonkers." He walked forward and placed a hand on the bobcat's shoulder, giving it a squeeze. His death is on my hands. I did this to him. His grip tightened a bit more on the bobcat, before glancing in Link's direction, where the boy had run off into the hospital.

"Link..?" Where was he going? He came back in a hurry, dragging sheets and blankets behind him, and next thing he knew, he and Bonkers were covered in the sheets and blankets. "Link, what?!" He almost waved his arms around to throw the sheets off, unnerved. He couldn't see, what was Link doing?! Something grabbed the two of them though, something small, and there was the distinctive sound of someone screaming.

"Link..." Kev couldn't exactly hug back, because he was infected and the sheets didn't have much give for such an action. So instead, Kev got himself down to his knees and placed his sheeted chin on top of Link's head. Or, what he assumed to be the boy's head. He nuzzled him, trilling comfortingly.

"Its okay Link, you tried! And you did help us, we know more now, thanks to you and the Doctor. We'll wait it out...and when we come back, we'll be okay. I promise. I'm sorry...this keeps happening with us, doesn't it?" He tried to chuckle, laugh it off, but the laugh was weak. Yes, both Links had been helpless when Kev died at the hands of Mr. Dark, Link was helpless like they all were when Alpha was killing people, now he was helpless while he and Bonkers...

"Its gonna be okay Link, I promise, everything's gonna be okay." Now more than ever he wanted to scoop the boy up in his arms, but of course, that would be a huge mistake.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Aug 11, 2012 11:52 pm

The 5 minutes, waiting to see what would happen, seemed so much longer. Dr. Salli tapped her fingertips together awkwardly, nervous as the time ticked down. Would it work? everything seemed to point to no, that it wouldn't work, but for their sakes, she hoped it would. It had to...the time had come, and the bobcat tried to push his arm through the barrier. He tried twice. But both times...nothing. She watched meekly from the side as the bobcat slumped.

"You're welcome...I wish I could do more...I'm so sorry." The alien went and comforted the bobcat, and Link disappeared only to reappear with sheets and wrap the two into a hug. She almost grabbed him back. But Link was smart, the sheets kept him from making direct contact with the two of them. She watched the scene before her regrettably and sighed.

"I wish I could do more for you..." But at least she could say she had tried, right? She stepped away, back behind the barrier. "I've...I've done all I can. Good luck you two...be careful." And she walked back inside, wheeling the trolley with her. She hoped these two would be the only case like this, but that was not likely. There were going to be many people out there, infected, unable to go anywhere. And even she couldn't help them.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:13 pm