Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

No Goron Tunic Required

Post by Impa on Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:38 pm

Date: 10/19/12
    Time: 6:34 pm

Impa had been out and about in the forest for much of the early evening, exploring and inwardly testing herself of her own memory of the area after having checked on the Shadow Temple. The forest of the Breach was nowhere near as complex as the Lost Woods of Hyrule (most likely due to their far less magical nature), but the Sheikah knew far too well how even the simpler forests of the worlds could hide new secrets by the day. Whether any of those secrets were the forest being itself or any new part of it that appeared due to the nature of the portals, it didn't quite matter… it still made the forest dynamic for her, and a great training ground for her four young charges.

Between her Eyes of Truth, excellent sense of direction, and overall diligence, Impa had yet to be truly surprised by anything in this forest. Sometimes in her adventures she even wound up coming across other explorers of the wilderness, whether any of them ever realized she was there or not. Sometimes these wound up being cases of observation as she let them go about their business, yet others occasionally turned into pleasant encounters, regardless as to who she happened to find wandering the forest.

On this particular trek through the higher branches of the trees, Impa could tell that she was not alone in this section of the forest. She wasn't quite certain who was heading her way just yet, as they were still quite a ways off through the thick tree cover, but the closer she got to their position, she began to get a very good feeling as to who it was, even long before she spotted him in her sights. Now this was bound to be an intriguing encounter for both parties involved...

Last edited by Impa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Re: No Goron Tunic Required

Post by Prixlezub on Sat Oct 20, 2012 11:14 pm

Indeed, the woman was right to suspect someone else in the woods as well. A small ways off in the nearly endless green, a man had taken an interest in the forest as well. Though, unlike many who toured the wilderness, his steps were less careless as he trekked upon deer trails, every now and then pausing if the trail branched off or if there was a strange mark upon a tree. While the man seemed to be quite the tracker, his attire was hardly fitting for one who was interested in hunting. Instead of a camouflaged outfit and a boldly colored vest, the man seemed to have an affinity for more urban attire. Worn shoes and jeans covered his legs and feet, while his upper half was protected by a thick jacket from the cold. From a glance, the man could be considered just the everyday hiker, an enthusiast of the wilderness maybe.

Though, as the man suddenly paused, his gaze changed from the path he was on. His brow furrowed, and his nose... Twitched. The hiker took a few sniffs of air, reading the passing winds. What came his way at first seemed like the usual scent of autumn, until he picked up something rather alien. The smell of a human, female to be precise. The mystery hiker pondered over the smell, whether to follow it or not. He still had much of this place to explore, and plenty more trails to follow before he was satisfied with the area. But at the same time... The scent was accompanied by sound, and both were getting closer. Perhaps the woman was an explorer like himself, or maybe even a resident.

Either way, the man could not shake something familiar about it. He smelled the scent of this particular person before, and not too long ago either. Then, it dawned on him; Impa! He remembered the woman from the sanctuary quite well. However, what was her business in the forest? Perhaps she was scouting out the trails of prey as well. Ah, but what fun was there in simply assuming and hypothesizing? And besides, the man would not mind learning a little more about her in the process.

Following her, the man quickened his pace to catch up with the warrior. As he got to where she was, he could not help but notice she did not seem to be around. A strange observation he thought, until he decided to look up.

"Greetings". He rumbled. "How are you enjoying the woods?-- Oh, apologies, I am Prixlezub, we met in the sanctuary the other day."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Oct 21, 2012 1:13 pm

As Impa found a particularly sturdy tree branch to pause her movement on, she placed one hand on the main trunk of the tree, steadying herself as she focused on the individual that was making his way towards her. She could not see him just yet, but given the strong sense that she was getting, the Sheikah was very positive that her fellow explorer this evening was none other than Prixlezub himself. She had finally met the carmorph demon in the Sanctuary the other week, although she had heard of him here and there from her friends. Their encounter in the Sanctuary had been cut short as he had had to leave to take care of other matters, and regardless of the fact that she had not seen him since, she was still pleased that it seemed they were about to cross paths again. Perhaps they would be able to use this chance to converse some more and thus learn a but more about each other.

Soon enough though, he came into sight, but instead of a gigantic demon of fire she had first met, she saw what appeared to be just a human. Now that was interesting. Still, Impa's keen insight told her that this was still Prixlezub despite the dratically different form, and a second later, she focused on his steadily approaching form with her Eyes of Truth. This study revealed that the man in the forest was in fact Prixlezub himself, confirming that the Sage of Shadow's instinct had been quite correct. It seemed that he was in fact a demon that was capable of shapeshifting... and the form he had taken was definitely one that she could see as coming in quite useful for him for the size difference alone. The human appearance was undoubtedly handy in many other situations too, and as he got even closer, Impa could not help but think to herself that the look he had rather suited him.

It appeared that she had not been the only one to catch trail of the other, as Prixlezub had been headed directly for her. This did not surprise the Sheikah, as she had rather expected that the demon's senses were particularly sharp in either form. She had been a little surprised at catching his alternate form at first, but she had already recovered from that, and soon found herself looking down to the man as he walked underneath her current position. Impa smiled slightly at his greeting as he glanced up to her, thinking to herself that he was one of the few individuals to ever successfully track her. She had not been trying to hide of course, but it was still a bit amusing to the Sage of Shadow.

"Hello there," greeted Impa, nodding in reply to the demon."I am enjoying them quite well, as I hope you are."

A moment later, the Sheikah leapt down from the tree branch she had been standing on, soon landing a few meters in front of Prixlezub. Standing up straight again and moving to fold her arms, Impa added, "There's no need to apologize; I remember. Different form or not, it's good to see you again."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:05 pm

So, the woman already knew of him, even with his assumed form? Color the prince impressed, the only other people so far to know he was a demon while he was in human form were Hellboy and Zurg! Prixlezub watched as Impa dropped down from her branch, quite the athletic type, wasn't she. He allowed her space as she rose from her crouched position, nodding respectfully at her greeting. "The forest is quite relaxing this time of year, colorful as well." He replied, gesturing to the fiery colors of the fall forest with a hand. "It is pleasant to meet with you again as well, Impa was it?"

The demon prince naturally was quite good with remembering those he met, even more so with those he took interest in. And with the perceived prowess of the Sheikah woman, especially her ability to see him for who he was, it seemed common sense to learn more about her. Though, with all his impressed thoughts, the demon could not help but be a little curious as to how she knew it was him. Was his energy signature that obvious? Or perhaps it was simply a natural ability of her own, the prince thought to himself. Either way, it was certainly something to take into consideration.

"I'm impressed with your perception skills, not many are able to see through my disguises." He rumbled, intrigued. "Quite a handy trait to have in this world, not many are as they portray."

Perhaps something to expand upon while they walked?
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:29 pm

"That it is," said Impa, readily agreeing with the demon prince's statement regarding the forest. She might have just slightly preferred the greener times the of year, but she still greatly appreciated the beauty of the colorful leaves that could only be seen in autumn. She nodded at his question, soon adding, "Yes. that's right."

Impa's own memory was very similar to that of Prixlezub, and despite his currently human appearance, he still carried himself much the same way that he had once she had first met him. Although her Eyes of Truth did not show a shadow of his true self beyond the disguise he wore, they had at least seen through to who he really was, and whilst she knew that some demons were capable of shapeshifting, the Sheikah was rather curious as to how the prince's own disguises worked.

The Sage of Shadow was quite adept at the art of disguise herself, even though she did not find the need to use it too often. He biggest use of this of course had been on Princess Zelda instead of herself, as her own expertise as well as magic had helped her charge to achieve an incredibly convincing disguise that only the future Link and Aicara had become aware of. Even then, that was only because she had revealed her true self to them outright.

At Prixlezub's compliment, Impa smiled almost imperceptibly. Oh yes, the abilities that either of them possessed was definitely a good topic for them as they both continued on through the forest. After the prince's rumbling, the Sheikah stated, "I appreciate that… and I would like to think it is, much as how your own disguise abilities must be useful."

Impa took note of the demon prince's intrigue, letting a slight pause pass before she noted, "That perception has helped out quite a bit in this world, whether it was seeing past an illusion or even discerning the truth in the words of others."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:43 pm

Indeed, the demon prince retained his civility and social fluency even with his diminutive form. He gave the woman a polite nod in return for her own precise deduction, it was always refreshing to have some interesting company to talk with. "My abilities are useful for more diplomatic relations, it tends to keep the conversation on topic and away from my particular species. Otherwise, hardly anything would get done while dealing with others outside of my kin." He chuckled pleasantly. "Not to mention this form helps in the preservation of more flammable areas, as you can imagine."

One could only imagine what sort of infernos would be born from a simple trot through the woods, if the demon set claw into it instead of shoe covered foot. The two probably would not be having their conversation, aside from other more burning matters.

As for Impa's perception, quite keen indeed. Though, the demon could not help but figure that she did not just realize his true form upon perception alone. Perhaps if he was younger, when his disguises were still quite flawed, but not now that he had perfected them. It would take some great dedication and patience to figure him out, or perhaps some rather accurate and experienced magical abilities. In short, dear Impa, you were being modest. However, instead of going in for the kill, Prixlezub gave a small smile of his own.

"I see, and certainly would not doubt it given how things are run in this gamma. Especially with how others besides my own kind tend to change their shape." Much like that one cybertronian girl, Livewire, he believed. She had some sort of affinity for forms other than her own, for some reason. "I must wonder though, have you always possessed such perceptual abilities, or were they trained into you? I've encountered some with similar talents back before I came here, though many of them had an affinity for the elemental arcane to go along with it. They called themselves a Shaman of some sort."

Prixlezub gestured to the rest of the forest. "Perhaps we can discuss this more while walking?" He offered.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Fri Oct 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Impa smiled slightly at the demon prince's example for where his disguise abilities came in handy, thinking to herself that some individuals would quite possibly spend far too much time thinking about species differences with him. Being from a mythical kingdom where there were many more creatures than just the six main races meant that the Sheikah was in the likely smaller category that would not be thrown off by Prixlezub's appearance, as had been proven by her first true meeting with him. Granted, there were no carmorph demons in Hyrule, but there were numerous others that meant that his true form had not surprised her at all. She did laugh slightly at his musing on where his human form helped prevent unintentional fires… yes, this was turning into a most pleasant encounter indeed.

"I can certainly believe that they are… and yes, I can quite imagine," said Impa, nodding to Prixlezub. "I was actually wondering about that when I first realized you were here Once I saw your disguise though, it made perfect sense."

Impa was not being modest so much as she was simply not bragging. The Sheikah was very confident in her abilities and to a lesser extent was proud of some of them, but to her, it was just knowledge of what she had. She was glad for what she had gained naturally was well as what she had honed, but she was not one to go boasting about it. As such, she had been as honest to Prixlezub's compliment as she was appreciative, but only at his lead-in given to her by his curiosity did she open up further.

"Very true," stated Impa, right before smiling slightly at the demon prince's question. Once he had detailed the shamans that he had encountered, Impa replied, "It's a combination of both, actually. As one of the Sheikah, I have naturally keen perception and a skill known as the Eyes of Truth. It is normally a benign ability that gives me excellent insight to the truth in people's words, as well as the actuality of objects around us. Between my own natural talent as well as the training I received growing up, I am able to focus them and see things that might otherwise go unseen, whether they are truly invisible or past something that is not really there. That is how I saw through your disguise… my perception led to me thinking it was you, and my Eyes of Truth confirmed it."

At Prixlezub's suggestion and gesture to the forest, Impa nodded. "That sounds like a fine idea to me". As the two resumed their walk through the forest together, she let a comfortable pause pass before adding, "The most general aspects of the Eyes of Truth and my perception are things that I have always possessed, but I sought to train them to the highest possible level."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:08 am

And that wonder was exactly the reason the prince used his alternate forms sparingly, and tactically. There was no point to having a disguise when the average person could see through them simply due to means of social awareness. Not only was that a hazard for a demon of his type, but also quite embarrassing. From the way she seemed so calm about the fact he had a disguise, perhaps even experienced in the knowledge, she had no doubt come across other beings who shared such aptitude for arcane disguises like his. Perhaps a fact that should have seemed unnerving to the demon prince given his reputation, but in actuality, he found it more interesting than threatening.

"Hmmhm," The demon thrummed, a small smile pulling at the corners of his mouth. "Smart as well as perceptive, very good. Yet another trait that seems to be quite rare these days."

His observations in the sanctuary were testament alone to such a statement, given the usual exchanges.

Prixlezub's interest piqued upon Impa's explanation of her perceptive abilities, brushing a stray hair behind his ear as he listened. So, her abilities were indeed natural, but trained to the point of great precision. It reminded the demon much of himself, he thought, though he hardly was trained in the same arts like the Sheikah woman. Nonetheless, he could not help but find it impressive that she could see through him through her natural abilities alone instead of a spell of other sort of arcane help.

The demon gave his own approving nod as he walked, "Interesting, your Eyes of Truth sound very versatile in their own right. I wonder, have you found anything particularly interesting since coming here? There are many here who may tend to keep their lives quite secret, as you can imagine, not to mention the more exotic of beasts who revel in their own stealthy prowess. The coast especially seems to be rather interesting this year." He inquired curiously.

It was not but a few days before that the prince had to visit the trolls hive, which really was not much of a hive to begin with. It just looked like a sea of metallic plates that spanned for miles, though the scent the territory gave off... He knew something was there that was being hidden.

Nothing short of a thousand exposed, rotting landfills could stay the demon's honed senses of smell.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:47 pm

Smiling a bit herself and nodding in appreciation of the demon prince's compliment, Impa stated, "So seems to be the case in this world as well as others. It's good to better meet another who falls within that rare category."

The Sheikah listened to Prixlezub as the two continued their walk through the vast forest, finding the company to be even more welcome than she had anticipated. It was not often that she found herself able to have an intellectually stimulating conversation on subjects such as these, but when she did get the chance for one, she always enjoyed it. Impa did love spending time with any of her four charges and helping them to grow to be the best they could be, but for any of her friends or companions that were closer to her own age, the time spent with them held a special place in her heart as well.

When Prixlezub inquired about anything she had found to be particularly interesting since she arrived her, the Sage of Shadow did find her thoughts rushing at that. She had seen a great many things that were interesting to her since she had arrived over a year and a half ago, but with regards to things that she had uncovered with her Eyes of Truth instead of simple exploration, that was rather curious to narrow down. Granted, focusing on just that set of information did help with thinking of what to bring up in this conversation… and although her first thoughts were of the many illusions within the Shadow Temple, those were honestly not surprising at all to the Sheikah at this point.

Impa thought to herself on just some of those that preferred to keep their lives and doings fairly secret. She herself did not exactly go about broadcasting her life for everyone who happened to venture into the Sanctuary, but even with as much as she could be found in the shadows, the Sheikah did not keep her life nearly as secret as some of those that Prixlezub was referring to did. She certainly appreciated the chance to close off certain aspects when the time was needed for such, such as the time that she and Zelda had spent hiding in plain sight back in Hyrule, but outside of situations like that, she did not always see the point of such secrecy. The Sage of Shadow knew that staying guarded could be quite the boon, but for oneself as well as others around them, there was a very careful balance that had to be struck.

Unable to suppress part of the very slight smirk that appeared at Prixlezub's mention of exotic beasts taking outspoken pride in their own skills of stealth, Impa did soon think of just the interesting thing to mention to her companion. It was very true, as for the past couple of months, the coast had proven to be rather interesting indeed. "You're quite right about that… I was there on a day out just last month, and further up the coastline, I did see something there that I might not have been able to with my Eyes of Truth. It appeared that some of the citizens of the Breach have sought to recently conceal their home."

Impa had not ventured towards the hive of the trolls as she had not had any business or matters to attend to there, but when she had last been on the coast, she had definitely caught sight of their home, even without fully focusing her Eyes of Truth. She doubted the absolute necessity of such cloaking measures, but the presence of them was admittedly more interesting that the presence of the hive itself.
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Oct 30, 2012 2:13 am

"Thank you," He rumbled appreciatively. "With all the different universes, one would think there would be much more since apparently we are picked from different points in time." the Sheikah's compliment was enough to gain a small nod from the disguised prince as he stepped over a fallen log, covered in small mushrooms.

The demon was no fool, if everyone was simply brought from their universes all at once his whole race would be here, and probably stirring up all sorts of foul deeds. And with everything that happened on this gamma, he pondered it would probably make more sense to bring those who are of higher intelligence and smarts first to innovate for the others. But alas, this was the gamma of Balance. Maybe things would even out as time went on, that is, if the people who were here now still were around by the time that happened. Prixlezub listened to the warrior's short report of what she had found, noting the small pause she had made before answering.

Oh, dear Impa, surely you didn't think the demon would simply bring something up and then fail to ask what you've seen? It simply was not in his nature. While he was unable to gain any exact details about the hive, the Sheikah's witnessing was enough to affirm his suspicions. Anything else he would simply use other means to attain, there was no reason to drag his acquaintance into this, especially if she seemed well enough to let it be. Prixlezub moved a low hanging branch from their path as they continued to walk, taking in the scenery as the sun set before them.

A small silence later, the demon spoke again. "So, your training, what all did they teach you? I'm sure that honing your perceptive abilities was not all that they had to offer, especially for a guard of your caliber."

The insignia upon her chest armor was evidence of that enough. It looked quite important from the shimmer of it he had seen when she jumped down from her perch earlier, the sort of thing the average commoner would not be allowed to bear so proudly.
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:13 am

Impa nodded in turn to Prixlezub's appreciative rumble, smirking ever so slightly at his words. The Sheikah certainly had to agree with him on that… "Yes, one would think."

Whilst Impa shared the demon prince's thoughts on the matter of there being more citizens within the rare category, she had got quite used to being the exception back in Hyrule as well as in the world of Portal Breach. Even before she had learned that this new place was the Gamma of Balance, the Sheikah had fully understood and valued the concept of such… that much had been true even with Din, Nayru, and Farore first created Hyrule, and it had still been in full effect by her time. Furthermore, from what she had read of Hyrule's possible futures, the concept of balance was had still gone on strong regardless of the path it took. There were of course the times when one would threatened to shake and destroy that balance, but whether that dark one was Ganon, Vaati, Ghirahim, or even another entity entirely, the chosen hero with the spirit of Link was always there to help restore balance to the world.

Balance could work in mysterious and interesting ways, but whether it was in matters of the safety of the world or even in possession of common sense, it was always there.

Whilst Impa had not felt the need to go into detail about what her Eyes of Truth had revealed to her on the coast, she could tell that Prixlezub had taken every clue she had left him in her subtle answer. If he requested more information, she could certainly do her best to give it to him, but as it was, the hidden sight on the coast was hardly a concern to her… at least past knowing what it was, of course.

At the demon prince's question, Impa let out a silent "heh" at his reference to her as a guard. "You read me well. My training was quite varied… it included combat, the art of stealth, a focus on discerning the truth in things, and magic. My people, the Sheikah, are a race of protectors. As such, combat and stealth were always the two most important foci of my training… we are meant to be so skilled in what we do that we are effectively the shadows of those we protect. It helps that we have a connection to them of course, that being a natural gift much like our heightened perceptive abilities."

After letting a slight pause settle, Impa added, "Anything else was basic study, such as science, history, geography, and the like. That was really more outside the direct training, but as one who appears to be learned in a great many things himself, I'm sure you know how that can build one up around the direct training."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:52 pm

Upon listening to Impa's explanation of her training, the demon found himself impressed. Not many guards he had met were as learned as the Sheikah who was walking with him, her training sounded like something that was given to a person who was training for a higher rank. Perhaps a general or a king. It was a nice change to see a guard given such educational privileges. Prixlezub gave a thoughtful rumble after a moment of pondering over her statement, knowing quite well how such training could influence her career.

"Quite so, weapons and fighting skill are one thing, but knowledge of one's surroundings can be the true variable that can turn the tide of an encounter, alongside knowing one's adversaries of course." He replied honestly. "Alongside your natural abilities, I would not doubt that you are indeed the shadow of the ones you protect."

Sciences, history, geography, the demon agreed many of them were quite basic. His own schooling having gone into subjects for matters that befitted a future leader, the demon was required to learn many things from the tactical and philosophical, to even the metaphysical and arcane. To say he was well learned could be an understatement in the least. The prince brushed a fallen leaf from his arm as he internally compared the Sheikah to others similar to herself; Paladins, knights, royal guards... many of them shared some parts of her training, though none held the ability to see truth like she was able to, at least on the Material Plane, that is.

Prixlezub gave a small rumbling chuckle at Impa's observation. "Indeed, I have been given studies of my own as well. But for all of the time I had spent learning from my mentors, nothing compares to experiencing the world first hand."

Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:22 pm

It was true that the Sheikah received their own training that went far beyond what the average member of the Hylian Royal Guard might learn, and even before she had learned what her post was going to be, Impa had sought to learn as much as she could in and alongside that training. For any natural abilities she had, she worked to hone them even further. In any areas that she had room to grow in, she had put in the work to build strength in them. Natural talent, hard work, and a determined focus had all helped the Sage of Shadow become who she was today, and while she was a very confident individual, none of it ever went to her head.

"Very true. Any of that can enhance ones own strengths and tactics in battle... and studying ones enemy to know them even better can help out for far more than just finding a weak spot," said Impa, nodding at Prixlezub's honest reply, right before allowing herself a slight yet grateful smile at his personal assessment. "I do strive for the best."

Whilst the Sheikah had only mentioned the basic subjects, she had learned quite a bit of strategy as well, both in her training as well as her own studies. Philosophy had been taught to an extent beyond the standard Sheikah view, but common sense and an eye for the truth were always the key foci. Once again though, the two seemed to be running close enough to parallel for combat prowess as well as scholarly attributes. For all of their differences, it did seem that she and the demon prince had more in common than either might have previously realized.

"You're quite right about that," mused Impa as she carefully moved a branch in front of her. "Observations, lessons, and having such studies in general can be very useful, but there is no better teacher than experience. Learning ahead can help prepare oneself, but it is not until you are actually thrust into a real situation that one is truly able to learn and grow. Still, I can imagine it was interesting for both of us to take our experiences from our own worlds and apply them in this one."
    Prixlezub
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Prixlezub on Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:09 pm

It did seem that both were very much alike in their backgrounds despite the differences in rank. The demon prince could appreciate a guard who strove to keep herself in shape both physically and mentally, especially since he was of a similar mindset. Though, now it was more of simply keeping his facilities in tune instead of making them stronger, but the demon prince admittedly was becoming interested in the different subjects he could learn in this gamma. Perhaps later on he would visit the library and see what he could find there.

"Indeed, the world has many lessons that cannot simply be learned on paper alone, and some trials that can make or break a person as well." The prince agreed. Everything seems to look good when spoken, but the real test came down to applying what was learned to a real situation.

Pondering that, the demon's thoughts began to wander back to the police force, and more importantly a detail he had learned while talking with an acquaintance. The Sheikah lady, with all of her abilities would no doubt prove to be an in-disposable asset to the police. The demon prince could figure a few things her Eyes of Truth could be useful for in law enforcement, detective work perhaps. Prixlezub stepped over another fallen log as he mulled over such a possibility, a slight pause passing between them before he started again.

"I do wonder, Impa, with your abilities, have you ever considered joining the police force?" Prixlezub inquired. "Your abilities could make you quite an asset to the investigation areas of law enforcement."
    Impa
    Stock Pot Inn Staff

Stock Pot Inn Staff

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Impa on Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:56 pm

She might have been a guard (albeit a very specialized and high ranking one) back in her home world of Hyrule, but as the Sheikah and the carmorph demon continued to converse, they were proving more and more that they had similar backgrounds, trainings, mindsets, and then some. It seemed that they had managed to find otherwise an otherwise unlikely sort of companionship in this forming friendship, and that was definitely set to be a good and interesting thing for both of them.

Impa nodded at the demon prince's agreement, soon moving another low-hanging branch out of her way as he asked his next question. Ah, It was almost amusing that Prixlezub had inquired about the police force since shortly before the team had wound up being disbanded, she had actually considered going to see about joining their ranks as a detective. Granted, she had still been able to use her abilities to help out in similar ways around town, but she had been just about to set up a meeting with Leo when she and Link had got the word that the group had been set to disband. It was a shame really, but in a sense, the Sheikah supposed that for the time being, it might have been just as well. The ISOs were not exactly perfect, but at least they had a constant watch over the city. The steadily precarious situation of the previous police force had thus turned into a double edged sword with the ISOs' arrival, but as their presence had filtered into the Breach, she did hope that the positive edge of that sword would prevail.

To some, it would seem odd that the demon prince was not aware about the state of things regarding the police force. However, Impa had recalled that he had been away for quite some time. That coupled with some of the timing she had learned from the future Link confirmed that Prixlezub had actually been gone since before the police force had split up. It appeared that her companion was about to get a news update as well as an answer here.

"I did actually consider joining them, as a detective," replied Impa, nodding to Prixlezub as the two continued their walk. "I was just about to set up a meeting to discuss such a few months ago, but right before I had that chance, they wound up disbanding. Apparently, there had been a rising voice of dissent against them even though they had not been doing their job any different than they had ever been. Hellboy hit a point where he was tired of hearing about that despite the fact that the police force acted in the best interest of the citizens, so he decided to disband the force. I do not entirely agree with the action, but I do understand his reasoning behind it. The idea was that if the citizens were only going to complain about the police force when they were otherwise putting themselves in the line of duty for them, then they could see what it was like without them."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:11 pm