Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Re: Carrot and Soul

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu May 21, 2015 5:09 pm

“What? No! Of course you don’t look dangerous!” Xiao immediately replied on reflex. “Oh no no, your hair is gorgeous and you don’t have big snappy teeth that looks like you could tear my head off in one bite, nor giant claws that looked like that could cut me in two or...”

Oh wait, maybe KoKo WANTS to look dangerous? Then wouldn’t that mean that Xiao Xiao’s words would have injured her pride? Oh no! What a terrible friend she was! She must correct this instantly!

“Um… I mean, you are dangerous. After all, you can fly, you’re strong, you fly through things, you smell nice, you can go into space. So yes, I think you would be a very dangerous person to get on the wrong side of,” she babbled, unknowingly brushing Ryo-Ohki’s fur a lot more faster now as she panicked over how to make herself be a better friend, whilst being honest about how KoKo really doesn’t look dangerous to her.

“But um, your dangerous-ness is hidden. Like… like a rose! You look pretty but you have thorns? Or one of those fishies that puffs into a spiky ball - cute, but definitely ouch? Not that I’m saying you look like a fish… but some fish are pretty cute and some fish are pretty as well. And fish can be very cool, awesome and packs a punch too. In fact, I use to know a fish who lives in a watery tank that’s in the head of a robot suit thing. He was very strong! We cleared a dungeon thing together with a bunch of people like one of the Links. Oooo, that’s another example right? The Links are strong and very dangerous (they have bombs) but they’re very cute as well. And… and… Lord Prett--Vaati is very, very handsome and he has very, very pretty hair but he is very, very dangerous. So just because you’re not dangerous looking doesn’t mean you’re not actually dangerous...”

Now she was just babbling and she realised it with a sharp intake of breath. She gave out a distressed whine. “We’re still friends, right?”
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 48

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:59 am

Ryoko could not help but grin at Xiao's instinctive response, especially with how quick she was to answer her. The former space pirate knew that she was definitely a force to be reckoned with and that she could certainly be more than dangerous in her own right, but whilst she did have a formidable appearance, she wouldn't outright say that she looked dangerous. Still, the chance to joke with Xiao had been far too perfect to pass up, and her friend's sudden flurry of reasons behind her not looking dangerous only made it all the more difficult to stifle a laugh.

As the yaojing quickly began to note how she was dangerous at the core though, Ryoko's smile only grew. Wow, she'd only meant to playfully poke at her friend, not be met with a barrage of compliments regarding her own tough nature after being reassured that she didn't look super dangerous. Still she certainly appreciated them, and even though her pride had not been injured as Xiao might have feared, it was definitely boosted now.

"Heh-heh, you're right about that," mused Ryoko at the comment regarding her being a dangerous person to be on the wrong side of. There were many over the years that could attest to that, and one that happened to be very familiar with how capable she was was currently being brushed at a very rapid speed. Ryo-Ohki was enjoying every second of this attention as her eyes slid closed in pure bliss. She could faintly tell that Xiao Xiao was rambling about something, something she seemed to be quickly trying to make sure things were okay, but she was far too lost in how nice this brushing felt. "Myaaa…."

Xiao did have a good point, but she was not ready to stop just there. Ryoko raised her eyebrows as her friend went on to explain that her own dangerous nature was concealed, soon likening her to a rose. Now that analogy caused a slow, steady grin to form across the former space pirate's face. A rose, eh? Pretty but dangerous… not unlike some of the fish she began to rattle off, right before she trailed into other comparisons of people she knew who happened to appear one way but were certainly respectable opponents in their own right. Ryoko already held herself in such a regard, but hearing it from Xiao only made her feel all the better about it. The sudden breath and whine from her friend were just the indication she needed that she finally had a chance to jump in as well.

"Of course we're still friends!" Ryoko exclaimed, her broad grin still lingering as she threw out her hands for emphasis. Gesturing to Xiao, she added, "That's actually a perfect way to describe me. I'd like to think I'm beautiful and that I pack a serious punch, but I'm glad you think I can be dangerous even if I don't look it." Chuckling a little, the former space pirate nudged her friend before adding, "I was just messing with you, Xiao. But still… thank you."
    Xiao Xiao
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Wed Jul 22, 2015 5:18 pm

It was a good thing Ryo-Ohki liked her fur being brush quickly, because hadn’t realised exactly how quick her comb was moving through the strands until just now. She immediately worked on slowing down and was going to blurt out an apology, but it looked like no harm was done and the cabbit was very, very happy about it. Well, no point apologising for something that was good. Though the squirrel didn’t really understand why being brushed quickly would feel good, she much preferred slow brushing than fast. It was way more relaxing.

When her precious friend, KoKo confirmed that they were still friends despite her blundering earlier, Xiao released a puff of withheld stressed air. She did however pipe up a single squeak then followed by a pout when the space pirate said that she was just messing with her. Her sulk didn’t last very long - in fact, it only lasted a second at most - as the thought that it meant she never messed up in the first place made her more relieved and she was glad her bestest best bestie friend like the way she described her.

It does bring to question though…. “Then am I dangerous looking?” Xiao asked curiously. She highly doubt she did. She looked like a squirrel, albeit a bigger one than usual since she was a giant flying squirrel, but even then, she was considered rather tiny compared to the rest of her family, as discounting her tail and ears, she just stands approximately a foot tall.

Actually, she supposed since she was larger than the local squirrels and if she flew around ambushing people’s heads in the dark, she might be quite a fright to strangers in the forest. Honestly, if she did that, she wouldn’t know who would be more scared, herself for crashing into somebody's head by accident, or the person she surprised.

What about her human form? Er, she looked harmless, right? “In my other form as well. Do I look dangerous? I don’t want to look dangerous. Looking dangerous isn’t very cute looking most of the time.” And she much preferred looking cute.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Sat Jul 25, 2015 1:48 pm

Thankfully, Ryoko's quick reassurance seemed to help Xiao Xiao out even better than she had expected. If her sigh of relief was any indication, she had simply thought far too hard on her kidding… and that was followed in short order by a sudden squeak and subsequent, short-lived pout at the former space pirate's admission that she had just been messing with her. Even with her reaction there, at least she did not appear to have minded too much, although the yaojing's thought process soon took her somewhere else entirely. From where Ryoko had joked around given the way her own appearance being one that belied her dangerous nature, now Xiao was wondering if she herself looked dangerous.

The former space pirate could not do much more than hum and blink before Xiao jumped in with an addendum, wondering if she looked dangerous in either of her two forms. As expected, the squirrel demon did not want to appear dangerous; quite the contrary, she wanted to be cute. That made perfect sense considering how much she loved cute things, and given the fact that she was definitely very cute already. Her appearance as both a squirrel and a human was definitely on the cute side, and in her own unique way, her personality had its own strong shades of cute.

Unable to suppress a snicker, Ryoko just shook her head before stating, "No Xiao, you don't look dangerous. At all. I know you've got some awesome skills and that you can fight, but you don't look dangerous in either of your two forms. You've definitely got cute down pat."
    Xiao Xiao
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 51

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    560/560  (560/560)
    Stamina Bar:
    102/102  (102/102)

Post by Xiao Xiao on Thu Sep 24, 2015 3:56 pm

Relief was evident as Xiao let out another puff of suppressed air and she was comforted that she didn’t look dangerous, and had achieved looking cute, to a degree. That was comforting, despite her comfort in her human form, she had sometimes wondered if she really should make more effort in looking like an actual human instead of something in between human and squirrel. She knew she certainly looked different (and maybe a tad odd) in that in-between-ish form but hopefully not bad. To hear that it wasn’t bad looking but cute, was a relief because she honestly liked her tail and ears too much to hide it away with magic.

Plus, in Xiao’s mind, if she looked cute then she looked relatively harmless and therefore she would not attract the attention of anybody looking for trouble…. unless the person looking for trouble was trying to find a damsel to put in distress to start said trouble, in which case, the squirrel supposed she fit the bill in some way.

Actually, if she WAS a damsel in distress who would then be her knight in shining armour? Xiao’s eyes took on that wondering and thoughtful gaze as she ran rampant through her own imaginations.

Would Lord Vaati run to save her? As much as Xiao wish that could happen, she knew that she was a minion and who had ever heard of a master rescuing a minion? It was always the master sacrificing the minion! Though if she somehow or the other, in her obligatory ‘please rescue me’ message to her rescuer (those always happen in novels, so Xiao expected the same in reality) she could maybe find some way to beg the wind mage to rescue her if she pointed out all the advantages there were to it. Which brought her to the next point: what advantages were there in rescuing a distressed squirrel?

Hum… right, the first thing Xiao would do when she got home was to think and draw up a list of advantages and memorise it for future persuasive begging. And she would categorize by level of danger and to who it was that she might be begging in the future to save her. In fact, better clarify something first.

“KoKo, if I was in trouble, would you save me and if not, what do I have to do to convince you to save me? I don’t really have much, but I have a crystal acorn I could maybe use as a bargaining chip if you want?” she asked, as if she was asking nothing out of the norm.
    Space Pirate Ryoko
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    530/530  (530/530)
    Stamina Bar:
    96/96  (96/96)

Post by Space Pirate Ryoko on Fri Sep 25, 2015 1:56 pm

Ryoko couldn’t help but grin further at seeing the visible relief wash over Xiao Xiao. Her friend was an incredibly expressive one, that much was certain, but it was still more than a little amusing to see just how animated she could be even over the most minor things. At the same time, she was glad that it had been that easy to help reassure the yaojing. Whilst the former space pirate took a great deal of pride in being a formidable foe, she fully realized that not everybody wanted to be one, much less appear to be a potential adversary/challenge. It did not make much sense to her personally, but… well, she supposed it made sense for someone with XIao’s personality. Come to think of it… if she was in fact a self-proclaimed coward… then that made a heck of a lot of sense… and truthfully, it made even more sense than Ryoko herself realized at the present moment.

Around the relief that the squirrel demon had expressed though, another thought seemed to have struck her mind. Ryo-Ohki gave her a very curious glance before Ryoko raised her eyebrows at the next pair of questions. Wait… what kind of question was that?! Seriously?! Here they were friends and she was actually asking that?! What the heck!!

“Of course I’d save you, Xiao!” Ryoko exclaimed, leaning a little forward as her grin returned. “You’re my friend! Do I really need another reason to save you? I mean, there’s really not much that can stop me, and I’m not about to just let you sit in trouble if you needed a hand. You can keep your crystal acorn; if I save you, it’s because I want to. And you’re my friend, so therefore, I’d want to.”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:09 pm