Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

How're Your Medic Skills?

Post by Korra on Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:21 pm

Time: 4:36 PM
    Date: November 16, 2013

She wasn't sure how long she was underwater for, she wasn't really focusing on time right now. She was focused completely on putting distance between herself and Uriel. He couldn't control himself, that much was clear. Niddhog, whoever he was, wanted to hurt her, possibly kill her. If Uriel killed her because of Niddhog, that would be terrible for the both of them. Terrible for him because being forced to murder someone would create a LOT of guilt, and terrible for her for obvious reasons. For Sokka, for Uriel, and for herself, she had to get away in one piece.

The ocean floor gradually sloped upwards, and Korra desperately hoped that she did not run in a circle. She breached into the shoreline, Korra skidding slightly as she finally stopped running, if only to pant heavily. Her eyes darted upwards to see if Uriel was around, seeing no sign of him on land or in air. On the horizon, she could see the city. With one more big gulp of air she darted off in that direction, zipping in and out of the crowds. Her hurry drew a few curious and even concerned glances, but she paid it no mind. As soon as she approached the Inn she flung the door open and ran up the stairs, trying to avoid the Links or anyone else who wasn't Sokka. No offense was meant at all, but she just wanted to find Sokka. Up to the second floor she went, eventually stopping in front of Sokka's door.

"S-Sokka..." She leaned on the doorway and dropped to her knees, bringing her arms closer to herself as if to shield them. The skin of her arms and hands were very hot, burned by the heat Uriel had sent her way. Her body was bruised up in different areas as well, her chest, back, and leg primarily. Her body seemed to sag as she finally felt safe from Niddhog. The Inn was safe, right? "Sokka..." She called again, a little louder this time. Hopefully he was in.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Re: How're Your Medic Skills?

Post by Sokka on Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:44 pm

Sokka couldn't quite describe it, but for the past half hour, he just felt that something was wrong. He didn't know if it had anything to do with the news report from earlier, Korra's spar with Uriel, or something entirely new, but one thing was for certain… his instincts were making it loud and clear that he needed to be on guard. And even in his own room, on guard he was.

He had just finished another round of pacing to settle in his spot on the couch, his fingers soon interlocking as he rested his elbows on his knees and in turn his chin upon his hands. His eyebrows knitted as he worked over everything in his head for the umpteenth time, and it was with a heavy sigh that he started to try to reassure himself that even if something had happened, everything would be okay. After all, things felt off… they didn't feel outright BAD.

Still, it was a quiet sound that caused the young warrior to jolt upright, his blue eyes wide and instantly focused on his door. Wait… that sounded like… that was Korra's voice… and it sounded like something, no… like SHE'D dropped to the floor. "Korra…"

In the blink of an eye, Sokka was on his feet, having dashed to the door by the time that Korra managed to call out his name a second time. Taking a deep breath to steady himself and remind himself that she was here and had returned safely from the spar, he quickly opened the door, only to find his eyes widening further when he saw the state his friend was in. She was tired… but not only that, she was battered and burned. "Korra!"

Sokka dropped to one knee, instantly moving to place a gentle hand on her shoulder, carefully checking her over before even daring to move her. He was definitely relieved to see that she had returned in one piece, but the state she was in… "Korra, what happened?!"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 34

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:27 pm

Sokka was at the door in an instant, as soon as the door opened she looked up at her friend and managed a weak smile. Oh good, he was here! His concern was instant. "I'm sorry Sokka, I underestimated him...I didn't know..." Didn't know that there was more going on with Uriel than she knew. If she had only known that something was so wrong with him, she would have never sparred with him. It was far too dangerous. Sokka kneeled down to the ground and put a hand on her shoulder, Korra shifted forward a bit at the movement to better meet his eyes. She was much more relaxed now, having caught her breath and feeling like she was finally safe from Niddhog. What happened? This was gonna be a doozy to explain...

"I went to the seaside to spar with Uriel...it didn't take long for him to appear. I should have known something was wrong...he looked so different. He had red eyes, horns, wings, even a tail! The fight started, and it seemed pretty normal. Everything was going fine. But then he called me weak...I boasted that I was the Avatar, sarcastically asked who he was. He said he was..." Her head tilted to the side for a moment, to remember his full 'title'. "...Niddhog...Devourer of Worlds and Ender of Yggdrasil. That's when it got bad...he started to use these attacks that were really loud and really hot..." She gestured to her burnt arms. "I reminded him that we were fighting a friendly spar, and Niddhog didn't say anything. But Uriel..." Her head turned downwards for a moment.

"He apologized. There's something wrong...and the song he was playing during his fighting, it was about someone becoming an animal and being unable to control themselves. That's when I realized that if I continued, I might...die. I forfeited, but Niddhog didn't seem to care. Uriel managed to hold him off though...told me to run. I ran into the ocean, created a bubble around me and ran til I reached shore again, and ran into the city. The weirdest part is that Niddhog? Looked like some kind of dragon..."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Tue Mar 18, 2014 2:37 am

Sokka didn't fail to catch his friend's weak smile, but even with as concerned as he as for her, he was glad she was at least able to manage that. She apologized and noted that she had underestimated him… him? Did she mean Uriel? She didn't know… she didn't know what?! "Underestimated? Korra, are telling me that URIEL did this to you?!"

Even with as incredulous as he was that the normally happy-go-lucky Syn'ya could do something like this, Sokka's blue gaze was already scanning over Korra's body to see just how all she had been injured. No sooner had he completed his initial check than had she moved forward, and between catching her eyes and the shift in her posture, he could tell that she was already more relaxed than when he'd first caught her voice. The damage was still there of course, but at least this confirmed that she wasn't about to take a page from his battle at the start of the year. She was hurt, but at least she was safe.

As Korra began to describe what happened, Sokka made sure to keep his hold on her shoulder steady. The meeting for their spar had started without a hitch, but apparently Uriel's form had changed drastically from what they knew. That soon carried into the fight where he announced himself with a new title… Niddhogg, Devourer of Worlds and Ender of Yggdrasil. Before he could wonder just what the heck an Yggdrasil was though, Korra explained that that was when his attacks got more brutal, resulting in the burns her arms now bore.

Sokka's eyes narrowed at that, a familiar sense of rage starting to build inside of him. Before that anger could focus too much on Uriel himself though, Korra explained that Niddhogg acted separately, and that Uriel managed to apologize… to let her know that something was wrong. The symbolic song was a clue, and Korra took the brave step to forfeit. That couldn't have been easy, especially given how prideful the two Water Tribe natives were… but looking at the Avatar, Sokka knew she had definitely made the right decision, and he was very glad she hadn't had to experience the pain of death like he had.

Korra noted how Uriel held off the seemingly draconic Niddhogg until she could escape, using a nifty bending technique to safely get herself home. Sokka nodded as she finished the story, letting a beat of silence pass before he said, "You're anything but weak, no matter what that Niddhogg says. Avatar or not, there isn't anything weak about you. And… I'm just glad you made it back safely."

At that, he gently reached his other arm underneath the back of her knees, and in one smooth motion, he lifted her up into his arms, taking care not to apply pressure to her burns and possible bruises. "Come on, let's get you patched up." Once he was certain that she was secure, he moved back into his room, using his foot to close the door before he carried her over to his couch. Setting Korra down as carefully as he could, Sokka quickly moved to retrieve one of the medkits he had stocked up on here. As he was fetching it, he called back, "So… did it look like Niddhogg was something Uriel was turning into, or something that had taken him over?"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Sun Mar 23, 2014 3:52 pm

She winced slightly at Sokka's question, though it wasn't out of fear. It was out of some concern for Uriel, should Sokka get his hands on him. "Yes, but it wasn't really his fault..." Any other day, she wouldn't mind Sokka trying to get back at someone for hurting her. Heck, she'd probably join in! This was a different case though. A delicate one. Uriel really couldn't help himself once that...thing took him over. The best he could do was hold him back until she could leave.

She explained everything that happened, Sokka taking in every detail as she spoke. When she finished, there was a moment of silence before he spoke up. The first thing he did was to reassure her that she wasn't weak, which made her smile. "Thanks. You're not weak either." She didn't want to admit it, but getting her butt beat up and having that thing call her weak did hurt her a little. She prided herself on being a strong Avatar, but what kind of Avatar was she if she forfeit a fight and let herself be thrown around? Sokka was right though, the weakness she had now wasn't her normal strength, it was weakness that was imposed on her. One day, she would be stronger and when that day came, maybe she and Uriel could have a real, fair fight. "I'm glad I made it back too...I knew if I died, you'd be worried." Considering the disappearance of their friends, he might even have gotten the idea that she left too.

Sokka picked her up in his arms, and Korra blushed slightly, remembering when Mako picked her up like this, what felt like so long ago. When Mako did it, she felt so safe. She felt safe in Sokka's arms as well, though there were no butterflies in her stomach as there had been when she was with Mako. Sokka set her down on the couch and she sunk into it a bit, resting her arms across her chest lightly. He called back to her and she considered the question. "Hmm...I think it was something he was turning into. He kept gradually turning more and more dragon like, and he seemed like himself at first...though maybe that just meant Niddhogg had a lot of control over him too. Maybe...maybe its both?"
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:57 pm

Sokka narrowed his gaze slightly as Korra confirmed that yes, Uriel had in fact done this to her, but that it had not been the Syn'ya's fault. Normally, the warrior would have been incredibly skeptical of that, but between the fact that he knew his friend wouldn't lie to him, and of course the way that he had seen other people end up in such a state that their actions weren't really their own, he knew she was right. If Korra said that it wasn't really his fault, then it wasn't really his fault.

As much as he wanted to simplify this… he knew he couldn't. And more than that, he had his own experience with this concept, as the same could technically stand for some of the actions that Korra or even Aang had done whilst in the Avatar state. That was different to Sokka, especially since those actions were wrought more from doing things for the good of the world and to save those dear to the Avatar instead of just winning a fight, but the base principle stood.

Even with as serious as he was about tending to her injuries, Sokka did manage a slight smile at Korra's thanks and note that he wasn't weak either. He knew that he was still regaining his true power the same as his best friend was, but even with the progress the two of them had made, her words meant a lot. "Thanks… and like I've promised, we'll both get back to where we were."

At Korra's note about her return, Sokka's slight smile grew a bit. "Heh… yeah, I would've been. I've been down to the Pool of Souls, but even though it's not exactly bad, I'd rather you not have to see it firsthand. That, plus I'm not sure I could dive down there to get you out."

Sokka was too focused on tending to Korra to catch her slight blush as he picked her up, but all the same, he was just glad to instill that safe feeling in her. He might've been the one tending to her here, but he also gained his own sense of security in knowing that she was going to be okay. Once he had set her down on the couch and got the medkit, he soon furrowed his brows as she answered his question about Uriel. Pondering the scenario over, he nodded slowly before stating, "Maybe. Given the way that he was able to break free long enough to apologize and tell you to run, I think it might be more of that thing taking him over, and forcing him to turn into this."

Returning to Korra's side and opening up the medkit, Sokka raised an eyebrow as he pulled out a medium-sized bottle labeled "Burn Gel." Glancing to Korra's arms, he smiled a bit and noted, "You know, even with that air around you, the fact that you escaped via the water actually gave me a head start in patching you up." Looking back to the instructions on the back of the bottle as he opened it up, he added, "All right, this stuff should help heal those up pretty quickly… can you lay out your arms so I can reach each burn?"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:52 pm

Sokka's smile made her smile a bit more. Sokka's skills and Asami's skills had both humbled her a bit on how a nonbender could take care of themselves. Even so, she knew Sokka probably still felt a little...overshadowed, sometimes. He now had two Avatars as his friend in his lifetime, able to see just how powerful they could get. The bending they possessed that...well, that he hadn't. She was sure that he might sometimes feel this way, because she felt the same when she saw how easy things came to some of the others here. Never as extreme as say, the Equalist's and their own rage, but she definitely understood what it was like to not be as strong and really want to be. For her, her bending would fully return one day. Sokka would never get bending of his own, but...he might not ever need it. He was fine on his own. "Yeah...together, we'll become even stronger than before!" One of her hands became a confident fist, though she soon winced in pain and relinquished the fist.

The worst part about him being worried if she had died is that it may have taken him a while to finally come to that conclusion. After all, it was a friendly spar. Not a fight to the death. After a day or two of her not returning, he'd probably start looking for her with Naga, and when there was no sign, maybe then realize she had died. Hopefully, she'd be back by then...it took Sokka almost a month to come back, after all. "Well, I could make it easier for you. Promise to dive down halfway and I'll promise to swim half way up." She really didn't want to try death out for herself though, she'd avoid it as much as she could. Just in case.

She provided her thoughts and Sokka mulled them over before speaking. She tilted her head to the side slightly, listening and nodding. "That makes sense. The more it takes him over, the more he turns into some sort of...dragon." A sorry situation to be in, though she had to wonder...how he managed to get taken over by a dragon. Sokka quickly returned back to her side, medkit in hand. He immediately grabbed out some burn gel, the sight of it made her relax already. "Really? That's good! Maybe between this and some healing of my own, it won't take long at all to heal." She was a bit too drained to go into the bathroom and heal herself, so for now she'd be fine with the medkit. Nodding, she stretched her arms out until they were straight, allowing him easy access to her burns.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:35 am

Sokka did occasionally feel overshadowed, but that feeling had honestly been something he felt far more back in their own world than he did here. That didn't meant that it was never present here, it was just… something he had dealt with a little more frequently back there. For one, at home he was not only great friends with the Avatar, but also with three powerful benders in the form of his sister and two of his closest friends. Here, it was just the Avatar, or at least as much as "just" counted for regardless of her current ability lock. More than that though, he had already come to terms with the fact that whilst he was not a bender, he had his own skills and abilities that made him a strong fighter in his own right.

Team Avatar's time in the Fire Nation town of Shu Jing had taught him that, just as Master Piandao had taught him the way of the sword. Sokka was not a bender nor would he ever be one, but he was incredibly versatile with weapons and tools, able to pick one up and adapt to it very quickly. Coupling that with his strategic mind and determined nature, Sokka was definitely fine just the way he was. That did not mean that he was immune to passing thoughts of self-doubt, but they were few and far between, and he knew how to counter them before they could sink in too far.

"You got that right!" exclaimed Sokka at Korra's own call, right before wincing a little in sympathy. Instead of just telling her to take it easy, he simply patted her shoulder a bit as he helped her get situated. Right now, he was just glad that his friend was back. Had the worst happened out there, he likely would've figured it out in short order, but he was just glad he didn't have to contend with those moments of not knowing and wishing he'd been there to help. As Korra noted that she would swim halfway up from the Pool of Souls if she ever wound up down there, Sokka just laughed a little. "It's not quite a pool in that sense, but all right. I promise. By diving down though, I mean I promise to do everything I can to keep you from ending up there in the first place. Does that work?"

As Korra puzzled out some of what he'd meant about Uriel's situation, Sokka noted, "Basically, yeah. Hopefully he can break free from that though, whether his brother's able to help him or not." As he returned to her side and began to get the burn gel ready, he nodded at her own idea of possible treatment for her injures, stating, "Cool water is the best thing to treat a burn with first, after all. I'm sure that between this stuff, your own healing powers, and some good rest, you'll be good as new within the next day or so."

Once Korra positioned her arms properly for him, Sokka took a gauze pad, squeezed some of the burn gel onto it, and began to very gently apply a liberal coating of it to each of Korra's burns. "How does that feel?"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:28 pm

Just as Korra had her own strengths and weaknesses, so too did Sokka. In fact, their strengths and weaknesses seemed to work very well together. Although Sokka could not bend any elements, he was very smart. Always good with a plan, a thinker. Korra...well, after time spent with Sokka, she was picking up some of his ways of thinking. All her life she usually just trained for her elements, fighting the Equalists and the Republic City police were the first real fights she had ever had. Time spent with Sokka led her to picking up how to be a bit more strategic, though all in all she was more likely to use her muscles and her bending to get things done. With Sokka coming up with plans and herself as the muscle, they made for quite a team together. Which is probably why she ought to have had him spar alongside her...

Her wince of pain drew one of sympathy from Sokka, and he patted her arm a bit, to which she smiled at him in thanks. She chuckled a bit at his response and own laughter, eyebrow lifting a little. "I kinda figured it wasn't. And I know you did. I was trying to be clever. Pool, swimming?" She chuckled awkwardly. "Guess I should leave that to you." Still, she gave him a nod of agreement. "That works."

"I hope he can too...wait, he has a brother?" She had no idea. "He might be able to help him then, definitely." She doubted that whatever was going on was something that originated in Portal Breach. Whoever Niddhogg was, Uriel might have brought him with him from his own universe. "Yeah, though when its sea water it usually burns. Still, better than nothing. Between the two of us, I'll be healthy in no time." Sokka spread some of the gel onto the gauze and applied it to her burns. She turned her head away and braced herself, tensing as the cool liquid made contact. At first contact there was a slight bit of pain, though once the gel sunk in she let out a deep breathe, relaxing. "It feels better. Cold, but not too cold."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:31 pm

Sokka was just as set to use his brain as he was his body to accomplish something, but part of how he had become such an accomplished strategist and warrior was his knowing how to use the two in tandem with each other. Just like Korra, he was set to be literal muscle, but with the elemental muscle of her bending coupled with her creativity and his ability to plan, the two were definitely an unstoppable force. A part of him wished that he'd been able to go along and spar with her considering how things had turned out, but he had fully trusted her in this spar, regardless of the fact that she was facing off against Uriel. Even with the turn it had taken, he was just glad that she was back safely.

At Korra's note and awkward chuckle, Sokka gently nudged her shoulder with his fist whilst giving her a reassuring grin. "Hey, you're more than clever, and I can't handle all the jokes and references on my own." The Pool of Souls was not a place that Sokka liked to think on too much, especially when any of those thoughts entailed the possibility of Korra ending up there, but he still appreciated the humor, just as he was glad that she liked their promise here. "Besides, with as strong a swimmer as you are, I wouldn't put that past you… it would definitely make my diving easier!"

Once Korra asked about Uriel having a brother, Sokka stated, "Yeah, he does. I'm not sure if you've seen him around the inn, but he's that guy with the long, white hair… Jherrek. They might not look or act like it, but they're definitely related. The same as Uriel, I met him back during that mess with the castle… and the same as he helped out with that, I'm sure he'll be able to help his brother out here."

The saltwater might have burned her injuries a bit, but at least its cooling effects had helped Korra out before she could return home. "Very true… and you know it. I'll do my best to help patch you up and get you back up to speed." Once he had applied the burn gel to the first of Korra's burns, Sokka quirked a sympathetic brow as he saw her tense, but as the gel settled in and he had managed to work over each burn on her arms, he was glad to hear that her injuries were starting to feel better. "Good, I'm glad, and… THAT'S the last of the burns on your arms. Did you get burned anywhere else, or are you ready for me to get you something to help with those bruises?"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:37 pm

She chuckled at the nudge and smiled in return. "Yeah, but we both know you're the real brains around here, Sokka. Though I don't mind picking up the slack on the jokes at all." It was rather fun, actually! She chuckled a bit more and nodded in the affirmative. "Trying to use a pool on two Southern Water Tribes natives is a bad idea. We were practically born in the water." They could never drown in the Pool of Souls, especially with someone halfway down to pull them back into the land of the living. Metaphorically, that is.

Korra listened to Sokka's description of Uriel's brother, curious. Long white hair...lives at the inn. She tilted her head to the side, eyes squinting as she tried to remember. "I think I've seen him around, yeah..." So they were brothers, huh? Didn't really see a resemblance, but than her uncle and father didn't have much of a resemblance either. Sokka met him during that castle fiasco, and had faith that he would help his brother. "I wonder if he knows, yet...maybe I should find him and talk to him. Later, that is..." You know, when she wasn't so burnt up.

She smiled to her friend gratefully when he insisted on doing his best to get her up to speed again. "Next time you get hurt, I'll be sure to do the same. Okay?" Whether with the kit or her healing, she'd do it. The gel had been rubbed and spread in, thankfully that had been the last of it! For her arms at least. She breathed a heavy, relieved sigh, but kept her arms in the air for the gel to dry. "I think it was just my arms and hands. Everything else is primarily bruises and bumps." Though they didn't hurt any less. Her arms, gratefully, were muted in their pain thanks to that gel though.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Sokka could only grin further at Korra's words. He knew that he was definitely more the thinker of the two of them the same as he'd been the strategist of the original Team Avatar, but it still meant a lot to him to hear it voiced openly. That appreciative grin was followed up with another soft laugh as his friend proved her knack for half of their jokes. "Ha, exactly! Frozen or otherwise, we know water inside and out. In fact, you might even say the idea of trying to use a pool would be all wet."

Nodding as Korra seemed to recall seeing Jherrek at least in passing, Sokka soon brought a hand to his chin as he pondered over the other Syn'ya's likelihood of knowing about what was happening to his brother. "Knowing him, he probably does… the question is whether he's actually able to do anything just yet. As much as I don't' like it, it might be a matter of timing. Still, I'm sure he'd appreciate you talking to him… later, of course." It was definitely best for her to heal up first, otherwise any meeting could be even more trying for both of them.

As much as Sokka hoped he didn't get injured anytime soon, he knew it was an inevitability at some point…regardless, he definitely appreciated Korra's promise to help patch him up. "Sounds like a plan. Thanks." He had already experienced her healing skills firsthand, but even so, he was always grateful for her being set to help him out in that respect. For one, he was glad to have any injuries healed up at a far quicker rate. And two, in a sense, he felt reconnected to Katara any of the times that she used that ability. It made perfect sense given just who her teacher had been, but he smiled each time from it out of being glad to be with his friend and at thinking about his sister.

Sokka was glad to confirm that he had taken care of each of Korra's burns, and as he started to pack up the medkit, he noted, "All right then. Would you like some of the painkiller medicine in here to help with those, and if so, what would you like to wash it down with?"
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Fri Jun 13, 2014 4:34 pm

Korra couldn't help but sputter slightly before erupting into snickers at Sokka's latest wordplay. "A-all wet! Pffft!" It was pretty corny, but still funny! "Ehehe...its pretty weird to make the afterlife a pool of all places too." Pools were fun, and the afterlife wasn't exactly supposed to be fun, right? Well, unless maybe someone went to the Spirit World. It sounded like a dangerous place, sure, but also an amazing one...it was a shame she never got to go there before coming here, being the Avatar and all. But that was the past.

She listened and nodded slightly as Sokka asserted that Jherrek likely knew about Uriel. She didn't really know him but Sokka seemed to, so if Sokka said Jherrek knew, she'd take his word for it. "Yeah...I guess whatever's happening to him isn't very easy to fix. If I were him I'd have no idea where to even start..." She'd never even heard of such a thing as being possessed by a dragon. Maybe in their world it might be more common, but she doubted it. She nodded once again. "Later...that's a good idea. I could even get some more answers about why this is happening to him too." She smiled a bit. "You're welcome." Regardless of him helping her out this time, she would have healed him up anyway. She had this ability for a reason after all! To help others. That was what Master Katara had taught her to do.

As Sokka packed up the med kit, he offered to give her some pain medicine and something to wash it down with. "Sure, I'll take some. Just water will be fine."
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:10 pm

Sokka was hoping that his joke would get a laugh out of Korra, even with as corny as it was, but she reacted even more positively than he had thought she might. He simply grinned back to her, nodding in agreement with her own assessment of the Pool of Souls. "Yeah, it is… although it could be worse, I guess. But, even if we can come back thanks to it, and even though we love swimming, let's make sure we don't go visiting it… repeat visits included." He didn't even remember all of his time there, but he was perfectly content to leave it that way. Visiting the Spirit World again? Now that was something he could handle, but he'd rather do it on his own terms.

Whilst he did not know Jherrek too well, Sokka had got to know him well enough earlier in the year to make that assessment. Given the way that he had acted all throughout the Castle That Never Was, he really couldn't see the Syn'ya not knowing about what had befallen his brother. Shaking his head to echo Korra's sentiment about it not being an easy matter, he added, "I doubt it is. I'm sure that he'll figure something out though, and this latest encounter he had with you will likely help with that." Sokka was admittedly none too thrilled that a standard spar had turned into a fight for survival for his best friend, but the important thing was, she had made it out of that okay.

Nodding a little as Korra noted that not only would she catch Jherrek later but also hopefully get some more answers about what was going on with Uriel, Sokka's smile broadened at her response to his thanks. The two of them were set to help each other out no matter what, but even though he wasn't able to heal her with waterbending, he was just glad he was able to do something.

"You got it," stated Sokka, nodding to Korra once more as he pulled out a pair of the painkiller pills in the kit. Opening them up and carefully placing them in her hand, he hopped up and moved to the kitchen, quickly fetching her a glass of cold water. Making his way back into the den and taking a seat by the couch she was on, he offered it to her, hoping that both the water and medicine would help her further. "Here you go."
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Wed Jun 25, 2014 3:12 pm

Korra nodded in agreement with a slight grin. Oh yes, despite their affinity for pools, they ought to keep their visits to the Pool of Souls to a minimum. "No arguments there..." She didn't really want to go checking it out herself, unless by some strange circumstances, she and Sokka died together. Otherwise, she didn't like the idea of leaving Sokka here alone. She again nodded in agreement, a little too tired to talk very much at the moment. "I wish him a lot of luck in dealing with that..." Maybe the reason Jherrek had not already attacked or tried to take a hold of his brother was because he was too strong. He'd been so powerful against Korra...and to kill your own brother would be terrible. Probably as terrible as being killed by your brother.

The pills were handed over, Korra balancing them in the center of her palm and looking down at them. Such a strange way to get rid of pain...it seemed to do the trick when she'd had them in the past though. Sokka soon returned with the water and she grabbed it with a free hand. "Thanks." She took a sip, then tossed back the pills. As soon as she had arranged the pills on her tongue, she took another, larger sip of water and swallowed, making a slight face. "I'm really not used to swallowing those things." She settled back against the couch and set the drink aside, before folding her arms over her abdomen. "I'm glad you were here, Sokka..." Note to self, definitely return the favor for him.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 pm