Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Re: How're Your Medic Skills?

Post by Sokka on Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:40 am

Sokka could tell that despite the characteristic brave face Korra had, she was understandably rather tired from the spar and hasty retreat. The subject of what was happening with Uriel and Jherrek's likely course of action to combat it was definitely a complicated matter, and Sokka could only nod in agreement with Korra's voiced luck wishing. Knowing the not as musical Syn'ya, he would guess that he had a lot to consider for helping his brother… but no matter what wound up happening, he just hoped that things turned out all right for both of them. A small part of him was still angry that this had happened to his friend, but he was trying very hard to keep that anger directed at Niddhogg and not Uriel himself. Far more than that though… he was already starting to feel better now that Korra was patched up and starting to rest.

"No problem," said Sokka at Korra's thanks, just before he smiled sympathetically at her slight grimace. "Heh-heh… yeah, they took me quite a while to get used to too… but man are they handy." It was one thing to have a remedy that helped when one wasn't feeling well, but having actual medicine that worked even more effectively was something he as happy to have had the chance to adapt to.

As Korra settled back down on the couch and expressed her relief, Sokka's smile simply broadened. "I'm glad I was able to be here… and I'll always be here. No matter what." That was a promise he'd made for her before, and he still had every intention of keeping it.
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 34

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Tue Jul 01, 2014 2:59 am

Korra couldn't help but wonder how things might have turned out differently. If she had stubbornly kept going, would she have been...killed? If she had called the fight off earlier, could she have avoided the majority of her injuries? Could this whole fight been avoided, if she had declined the offer to fight? Uriel had hardly seemed like he was...all there in the Sanctuary, but she also had no idea what he was usually like. She sure hoped no one else decided to fight him...it'd been hard enough for her to get away, she couldn't imagine how hard it might be for someone else to escape that thing. And Uriel...she sighed, but said nothing else.

She chuckled a little, despite how hard the pills were to swallow. "Yeah...seems like they have something for everything here, huh?" She'd seen pills for headaches, muscle pain, allergies, general sickly behaviors, even the monthlies! She still preferred the first aid pack and her own healing powers to anything else, but she supposed those pills were handy enough.

The teenager's face split out into a smile at her friend's words. "And I'll always be here for you too. I mean it, next time you get yourself all hurt, I'm going to be there!"
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Tue Jul 08, 2014 2:44 am

As much as Korra and Sokka might have wanted to help Uriel, it seemed that the situation was beyond their control right now. She had at least managed to escape the fight though, and now all they could really do was stand by and hope that the Syn'ya would be able to return to himself before too long. At least they had Jherrek there to hopefully help him out.

"Pretty much," agreed Sokka, laughing a bit and nodding at Korra's musing regarding medicine. "And it never hurts to have some of that stuff supplied just in case." Pharmacies were another amazing feature of this world, as were the sheer variety of medicines in all sorts of forms contained within them. If there was a symptom, it seemed that there was a remedy for it… some were far more reliable than others, but the broad spectrum of options were certainly welcome here. Sokka always liked to be prepared, and although he did not like to resort to medicine if he could avoid it, it was nice to know that they had plenty of types to help them out in addition to Korra's healing abilities and general rest.

At catching Korra's smile and declaration, Sokka felt a slight swelling of pride in his chest. He knew that she meant it, the same as he meant that he would always be there for her. All the same though, he was always touched and happy to hear it. Giving his friend a strong nod and a thumbs up, Sokka stated, "Thanks Korra. I'll do my best not to get hurt, but I'm glad to know you'll be right there if I do." Being there for each other came with the best friends territory, but the sentiment always carried a very good feeling.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:44 pm