Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Share
    avatar
    Vaati
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 190
    Join date : 2009-07-25
    Age : 1023
    Location : The Palace of Winds
    Level : 38

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    430/430  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    76/76  (76/76)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Vaati on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 am

    Well that was one guess that had been confirmed… a dreadful error his cloak. Far more like a deadly error. Regardless, this was where they were now, and they had to act fast if they had any hope of besting this monster and getting out of this mess to continue figuring out what had brought the thorns about.

    Before Sir Meta Knight could get the potion, Nyreena herself swooped in to take it. Truthfully, Vaati did not care who delivered it, but he did hope that they would have at least some measure of success. The ghost took the potion high enough to the creature's roughly gaping maw, its own voice seeming to show its ever-increasing fatigue. It still appeared to have far too much stamina though, but hopefully… this would get them somewhere.

    Whilst the potion seemed to have had a decent effect on the Witch, it was not anything nearly to the degree that they had hoped for. Still, it was progress, and that certainly counted for something here. As the vines began to rot before their very eyes, the poison reached a far greater area than it should have. Vaati's red gaze narrowed as he realized just what was happening, his mind racing to figure out not where this gamble had gone wrong, but more of what they could do to stop this.

    As the Witch tried to pull itself together from the onslaught, it reared back and unleashed a dark energy attack. "NNGH!!" The Wind Mage was unable to avoid it, but at least he was able to withstand the brunt of the magic and get a good lock on the one who had dealt it. There was still a problem to be dealt with, though… those roots. Vaati's focus immediately honed in on them at Jay's call, right before he charged up the first of three wind spells.

    "HA!" Each wind spell was sharp and swift, set to sever the roots at the base and hopefully help keep the poison from spreading whether he damaged the Witch or not.

    ----

    [Attacking the vines that extend into the ground, 2d/1c per spell]

    HP: (227/260)
    AP: (32/42)
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 5:16 am

    The member 'Vaati' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'Attack/Heal (21-25)' : 17, 3, 14, 2, 2, 17

    Ninetails
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 117
    Join date : 2014-01-19
    Age : 1480
    Location : Oni Island
    Level : 16

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    210/210  (210/210)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Ninetails on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:18 pm

    The potion was finish and was taken from them abruptly by the spectral female who then used it upon the being. It didn't seem to do much, but their efforts became obvious as the flora part of the being decayed, revealing it to be made of flesh. A sickening sight, and what's worse is that it released a horrendous aura from it that damaged everyone in the vicinity. Rao felt the damage being done, but wasn't phased by it like most would assume. She did not let out a cry of pain or wince, really, but this was for anyone to guess as to why.

    Before Jay had mentioned the vines, she herself had noticed them seeping some kind of poison into the earth, spreading outwards, no doubt, to the forest surrounding them. If let alone, it would most likely reach the entirety of the forest, and then the rest of the land--possibly the ocean. Doubtful anyone would allow this, Rao then heard Jay mention it, and as predicted, it was time to cut off the vines from the ground. Though, a morbid thought passed through her mind--what if, instead of the creature's actual eyes, they gave it the eyes of someone else here? It was doubtful anyone would volunteer for such a cause, of course, but the thought was there, and it may calm the creature.

    But now, would it matter? The girl had already wasted most, if not all, of the potion that they so painstakingly created through means of questionable actions. What was there to do other than bring down this being and lay it to rest, hopefully fixing the problem regarding the vines trying to envelope the city? Would it even fix such a problem, now that they wasted it on this creature? So many questions...

    Rao needed to focus now on fighting and ask questions later. There could be no answers if one was dead, right? Retrieving two prayer slips from her breasts and readying her blade, the Priestess attacked without hesitation. One question needed an answer though; where was Tobi?




    HP: 100/100
    DP: 2.5/10 (-10, reduction 25%)
    // The Demon Lord's Resistance (aura):
    25% damage reduction to physical and magical attacks ; is weak against futuristic technology and lightning //

    AP: 12/15 (-2)

    OOC NOTE: will change damage taken/shield mechanics when specified by the GM or plot coordinator(s).


    Last edited by Ninetails on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:18 pm

    The member 'Ninetails' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 1, 4

    --------------------------------

    #2 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #3 'Attack/Heal (1-5)' : 2, 2

    --------------------------------

    #4 'Coin Flip' :
    avatar
    [ADPT.] Aqua
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 93
    Join date : 2013-04-24
    Age : 26
    Location : Stock Pot Inn; Room 235
    Level : 15

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by [ADPT.] Aqua on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 pm

    The last round seemed to take effect on the foe, its movements slowing down almost to a stop as its limbs shivered. The once roaring voice that made the earth under them tremble before now faded away into almost a hushed whisper. Such deep intensity of the voice only shook the sore body of the resident bluenette as all they could do once again was listen to its constant demands. Out of the corner of one's eye was a flash of ghostly white and when in full view it turned out to be Nyreena holding the very mixture they all struggled to get the ingredients for. The foul substance was splashed onto the witch and whatever protests anyone had in mind to the ghost girl's actions was already too late to speak out about. The decision has been made and the deed to that decision was done.

    A sick bubbling noise and horrid smell quickly shrouded the forest, the familiar smell of decay settling in. The thorns in the ground carried with them the poison and right before their very eyes the once beautiful, healthy trees of the forest were nothing but blackened thick that stretched as far as the eye could see. The ground turned sickeningly black under them as if the land had been torched and suffered to burn. After the small moment of observation that Aqua had made the attention was then turned to the beast almost releasing a gasp at the state it was in. A half decayed body was staring at them with a burning intensity to kill each and every last one of them. An obvious statement would be plain to see that no thorns were a danger to them anymore, but what came next was far worse than any could have imagined.

    The creature's mouth split wide open in a frightful manner and darkness poured out in a sea of waves. A stinging pain entered both the open wounds on her stomach and her throat, and after a few cries of pain heard from the other members, Aqua couldn't help but let out her own from the inconceivable pain that squeezed at her system. "Ahhhhhh!" Falling down onto her knees the warrior clenched the scratch on her stomach, knowing that things could only get so much worse from here on out. This had become even worse than the fight with Hazama, and there were scars leftover from that battle that she'd rather not speak of.

    Pitifully, the woman rose to her feet with clear signs of struggle. Shakily raising her arm she cried out the element she would be using as sparks of electricity encircled the hilt of Rainfell before dashing out and slashing through the darkness. "Thunder!" Their only hope now was to survive long enough to deal any real damage to it - to survive long enough to where even just a few of them could go home. She kept telling herself those words, repeating like a broken record player inside her own mind.

    --------------------------------------

    HP: 115/160
    AP: 10/22 (1 AP Per Attack)
    DP: 20/20

    Name: Thunder / Thundara / Thundaga
    Description: Aqua learned to control magic through the Keyblade. The spell releases at the tip of the Keyblade and bursts out in sparks, attacking in the direction she aims it. In order to activate the spell Aqua usually has to shout the name in order for Rainfell to power up the element; the only difference between Thunder, Thundara, and Thundaga is the amount of sparks that are summoned, the range of the attack, and the intensity of the bolts. Thundara becomes a circular pattern and expands slowly while Thundaga is a flurry of lightning bots.
    Specifics: Each bolt will deal with 2 die, and 1 coin. Can focus on one target or on several. AP cost increases with level.
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 12:43 pm

    The member 'Aqua' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 7, 7, 6, 9, 7, 15
    avatar
    Sir Meta Knight
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 200
    Join date : 2013-05-10
    Level : 22

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    270/270  (270/270)
    Stamina Bar:
    44/44  (44/44)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Sir Meta Knight on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:23 pm

    The monster seemed to be losing energy--that was a good sign, wasn't it? Still, they had yet to see what effect the potion would have on it. Perhaps it would defeat it once and for all, perhaps...

    Sir Meta Knight wondered, for a moment, if he should have intercepted the potion and done the job himself. It was well within his ability--he'd snatched a locked chest containing yet another incarnation of Dark Matter away from Kirby once, but then, he'd been fully sure and confident in what he was doing. Here, he didn't know what sort of effect the potion would have on the monster, or where precisely to pour the potion--he knew nothing more than the ghost in this matter. So he watched her carry the potion up and dump it onto the monster, and stared unflinchingly as the thorns rotted away and the horrible stink of decay permeated the air.

    But not only had it not been enough to take down the beast (or, indeed, do as significant an amount of damage as he would have hoped for), it was also affecting the surrounding forest, killing the trees and other plant life.

    Had this been the wrong decision...?

    Whatever the case, it was too late to turn back now. The monster unleashed some horrifying dark energy on the entire party, and Meta Knight cried out as he was flung backwards, pain pulsing throughout his small form. The monster's attacks were getting progressively stronger--how much longer was he going to last?

    But he hadn't died yet in this world, and he wouldn't here, if he could help it.

    The human called out for everyone to attack the roots to prevent the poison from spreading further into the forest, and the Dreamlander didn't need to be told twice. Shaking his head and focusing through the pain, he swooped back into the fray, aiming three strikes from Galaxia at the roots.

    ---

    [Galaxia Strike x 3 (2d/1c) at roots - 3 AP]

    HP: 63/110
    AP: 8/16
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:23 pm

    The member 'Sir Meta Knight' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'Attack/Heal (6-10)' : 8, 8, 7, 6, 1, 8
    avatar
    Knock Out
    Terabyte

    Terabyte

    Posts : 483
    Join date : 2013-01-05
    Location : The Streets
    Level : 41

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    460/460  (460/460)
    Stamina Bar:
    82/82  (82/82)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Knock Out on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:29 pm

    His optics darted to...was that Joshua? Was that the feminine man? He was incredibly...white. And blurry. What happened there? Now wasn't the time to question though, so he decided to try and answer. "I'd say the monster is the one in front of us, trying to destroy us. If it was something else though I'd say it was that black and red chaos...thing." Possibly the white and blue order...thing. They were the puppeteers behind everything, after all.

    Judge Fear wrote:
    "Greetings, sinners! I seem to have made a dreadful error."

    Knock Out had been in the midst of searching for someone with the proper abilities to help them, when Judge Fear sprouted out of the debris of the cottage and spoke. "...Error? You did this?! What were you hoping to achieve?! Oh this is great, just great, now I know who to blame if I die!" How do you accidentally conjure up a being like this anyway? Is it like accidentally killing someone? Finally, help came in the form of the blue haired ghost girl. "I think all of it needs to be poured on him, it might not have the same effect otherwise!"

    He watched as she poured it onto the creature, dark spots immediately appeared on the vine and there was a terrible stench in the air. However, the surrounding forest seemed to be affected as well, trees wilting and bark peeling off. Grass shriveled up and the dirt itself turned...ashy. "Well, that's great. I'm beginning to wonder if the best plan of action is to just do 'nothing'." He commented with a brief sigh. No choice they made seemed to be going well for them after all. They fight against the wishes of the vine and cottage, people die. They go along with the wishes of the cottage, they screw up. They try to fix it, they screw up. What else should they do?

    Red sap was oozing from the plantlike creature, so there was some hope. It destroyed the surrounding areas, but the potion had an effect. That was good. That meant they did the right thing, right? The thing's mouth suddenly opened and a dark energy fired out, hitting them head on and not just them either! The forest burned and little animals within died on the spot, or lived in suffering. Knock Out fell back onto his back, wincing at the mysterious nature of the energy they'd all been blasted with. "Nnn...Judge, maybe you'd see fit to help correct this mistake with us. If you can make this, surely you can unmake it, right?" It was an idea at least, though if he'd even want to...who could tell?

    The Cybertronian pulled himself back up, eyeing the Witch. You know, this is a situation where his usual height might be useful. You know, the height he had to give up in order to enter the cottage or else be killed. Briefly, he wondered if he was going to be this size permanently or if it would wear off soon. His head turned to Jay, get rid of the roots, then? "I'm on it!" He said with a slight smirk as both hands turned into buzzsaws. He charged to the vines still rooted in the ground and began to slice them.

    ---
    (0/20)- Armor
    (119/160)- HP
    (18/22)- AP

    Surgical Buzzsaw (melee/questionable):

    --As above, Knock Out is a medic, and having a buzzsaw that's easily attainable is very important for his job. And again, Knock Out is more likely to use these tools to destroy rather than anything medicinal. Knock Out's right hand transforms into a functioning buzzsaw.

    Specifics: 3d/1c per use

    AP cost currently: 2AP
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:29 pm

    The member 'Knock Out' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 4, 13, 15, 15, 12, 9
    avatar
    Bun-Bun
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 207
    Join date : 2012-06-25
    Location : In Your Closet.
    Level : 57

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    620/620  (620/620)
    Stamina Bar:
    114/114  (114/114)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Bun-Bun on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 pm

    Bun-Bun stepped away from the leviathan just in time for Nyreena to deliver the potion. Or what he believed was the potion. What else would they put in a pot and throw at it? Judge Fear, perhaps? This was his fault to begin with. It was only fair.

    "I knew it was you!" the marshmallow bunny yelled at him just a while before. "I knew you were nothing but TROUBLEEEE!!" He didn't know what he did, but whatever he did, he's going to be paying for that. In his slop! And maybe, the witch would generously beat him up for them.

    Now, the air permeated with that so cherished scent of rot. He hated that stench so much. Bun-Bun was probably going to be stuck to the toilet for weeks. This may be one of the last times, though. The monster was starting to decay, along with the plants around him, too. Hence why he backed up. The marshmallow bunny had no idea of knowing of what was happening to the land around them, but he was pretty sure it was dying off the same way.

    As for the witch, the vegetation that was his armor had been damaged and now he could see its rotten flesh. It now seemed to be bleeding something similar to human blood in color, only thicker. The giant monster was obviously not happy about this. So it gurgled something up in its throat, and then...

    BLAAAAAAARUGH!

    Before the marshmallow bunny could let out a scream, a burst of energy fried his whole body. He was knocked against the floor, effortlessly and by the time it ran its course, Bun-Bun looked up at the offender, shielding himself in fear. Parts of his limbs that weren't thick enough to stand the heat had shriveled up and fallen off with any small movement. As for the rest of his body, it was relatively weak as well. All except for a couple of yellow spots, his body was an ashy black. At least on the front side. His back side retained most of the yellow and was only a little mushy, surprisingly. Bun-Bun kicked around and groaned. Why was he here? Why was he still alive, again?

    "It buuuuurns..." he cried hoarsely. "It buuuuuuuuuurns…" At that moment, he pondered on whether he should just run home or to Kev's house or to anywhere at all to save his skin. Either that, or die. Though, death wasn't an option. If he died, then he would be making that maniacal judge happy, and he wouldn't make him happy in a million years if he could help it.

    Upon hearing Jay's command, Bun-Bun got up and mustered enough strength to wield his giant lollipop again. He lifted his lollipop with a grunt before he let it fall to chop the roots in halves. He did it a few more times and then stopped. He then veered his way into a corner by the doorway to the hall and then leaned there.

    ~~~
    ATTACK(S): GIANT LOLLIPOP [x2]: 2Dice/1Coin; 6AP.

    HP: 241/480
    AP: 59/86


    Last edited by Bun-Bun on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:51 am; edited 3 times in total
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:39 pm

    The member 'Bun-Bun' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Attack/Heal (41-45)' : 4, 29

    --------------------------------

    #2 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #3 'Attack/Heal (41-45)' : 27, 26

    --------------------------------

    #4 'Coin Flip' :
    avatar
    Eridan Ampora
    Gigabyte

    Gigabyte

    Posts : 118
    Join date : 2012-10-17
    Age : 20
    Location : Wandering
    Level : 20

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    250/250  (250/250)
    Stamina Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Eridan Ampora on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:33 pm

    Eridan watched as the giant started to wither, the plants around it all doing the same. They were all dying around the troll... he could only watch as the trees died, even next to him. Well, shit. Looked like the local wildlife was taking a hit. He didn't really give a shit. I mean, it'd been taken over by the vines anyway, so it was like a mercy killing, or so one would think. The real shock came when the giant charged up energy. It fired a huge beam, sweeping over the others... and coming straight for him. "AAAAAAAH" He jumped in shock as it flew towards him, and he turned and tried to run back, but to no avail as it flashed over him.

    "ooooh" He grumbled, standing up.

    Joshua's shout? He didn't hear it. Highbloods resisted mental abilities. Equally, he didn't hear Jay's shout because he was in the trees. "wwell it looks like theyvve stopped fightin that thin they mustvve come up wwith somethin better" He mentioned before slowly resuming his walk towards them. Having bruises hurt like a good 'un...

    Fuckin' giant!

    -----

    [[HP: 174/200]]
    [[AP: 16/30]]
    [[DP: 0/20]]
    avatar
    Aradia Megido
    Inactive Account

    Inactive Account

    Posts : 243
    Join date : 2013-06-23
    Age : 18
    Location : The Hive, Sixth Floor
    Level : 32

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    370/370  (370/370)
    Stamina Bar:
    64/64  (64/64)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Aradia Megido on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:49 pm

    It was almost too painful for Aradia Megido to watch as the potion had become dark and venomous and purple colored as it hit the monster. It all became some sort of potion, but she had began to wonder if that was because of the actions done to retrieve such ingredients that made up such a toxic substance. Now, it was reaching the roots and killing so many trees and so many other plants. It may very well be irreversible the mistakes that everyone had partaken in. Why was it so hard to make such decisions without thinking them through? Why was it so ridiculously easy to stand by and watch as a comrade toss the entire pot of the brew that everyone worked so hard on, but to not much avail? Or at least it seemed that way until the witch became half decayed, bleeding some dark red sap the color of her blood. The thorns were gone only to reveal the more grotesque, fleshy part of the monster.

    Following Jay's instructions to attack the roots, she wrapped her whip around them and tried to tug at them, to poison from spreading. The poor Witch was probably suffering even more than everyone in the group, but nothing could be done about that, but that temporarily meant very little because Aradia felt the dark energy hit her. She did not scream or wail or make any audible noise but she did grit her teeth as she strained to hold on and in the end, succeeded.

    For now, it was way past the point of no return. Was there anything that anyone could do to amend the situation? Probably but it would be too difficult to find and their only option was to stop the roots. The least the Alternian girl could do now was to try and follow orders to the best of her ability, because right now, there weren't too many bright ideas running through her head to stop these pernicious roots for good, and if she did, they might not work.




    HP: 145/190
    AP: 15/28

    Ruins Raider (physical):

    --Aradia, well, uses the whip to ensnare the opponent across the ground/wall/ceiling/whatever.

    Specifics: 3d/2c ; if coin is HIT, half damage - if both, full damage.

    AP cost: 5AP


    Last edited by Aradia Megido on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    System
    Portal Master

    Portal Master

    Posts : 8433
    Join date : 2009-05-04
    Location : Mother Computer
    Level : ??

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Stamina Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by System on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:49 pm

    The member 'Aradia Megido' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

    #1 'Coin Flip' :


    --------------------------------

    #2 'Attack/Heal (11-15)' : 4, 12, 15

    Sponsored content

    Re: [!] Into the Woods - Boss Fight!!

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Aug 20, 2018 2:20 pm