Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Job Interview

Post by Xavier Valiante on Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:18 am

Time: 10 am
    Date: March 26

This former assassin needed a steady income if he was going to afford the necessary items he required. Xavier was going to try his best to be a ‘normal’ assassin. That means he needed to get a full arsenal of knives and other concealable weapons to back up his story as an ordinary human. The wrist blades were off limits until further notice because that would just bring up awkward and unwanted questions. Besides purchasing the weapons arsenal, Xavier wouldn’t mind having his own place. He didn’t mind sleeping where he was but the thought of owning having his own place was vey nice. Back on Earth, Xavier was always on the move and only stayed at government owned facilities. They were quite bland. Just minimal furnishing and usually white so it was easy to track anyone. He wanted a place he could call his own and express himself without anyone watching.

Xavier had got lost a few times. The midtown area was still foreign to him. The outskirts were more his type of place. Luckily, Xavier found the place before he had to ask any…strangers. If he even slightly believed in a higher power, he would be praying for a position in the stock room or something like it if he got a job. He didn’t think his social skills were good enough to speak to costumers on a daily basis. He would be that one awkward guy that no one wants to talk to… Don’t let the social anxiety set in, Xavier!

Standing outside the door, Xavier took several long calming breaths. It was no big deal. He was just twenty-one and had never applied for a job before. Granted he didn’t have a spiffy out fit on. All he was wearing was his green button up plaid shirt with his jeans and black sneakers. Hopefully he’ll fit in with the store’s theme. Taking one final deep breath, Xavier walked in. “Heyo… It’s Xavier. Kev are you here?” Just stay calm Xavier and you should do just fine.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Job Interview

Post by Kev on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:47 pm

Kev was over by the CDs, straightening them up a bit and organizing them from where they had been misplaced. "Hmm..." Xavier and Nyreena had both mentioned coming over today, though he didn't know when. Might as well tidy the place up first, didn't want them thinking they were going to be working in a dump. He glanced back to the front of the store and took a moment to remember the young man that was there. "I'm still here, just give me a moment!" He made his way to the front of the store and waved to him. "Hey, Xavier." He didn't really know him that well, but he seemed fine.

"Still interested in the job, or just looking around?" He asked, though he seemed a little anxious as well. The first job interview he'd ever given! This would be interesting.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sat Mar 29, 2014 12:46 am

“Still interested in that j-job!” Xavier tried his best to put a confident smile in on his face. He scratched the back of his head nervously. Come on Xavier, keep it together. I can do this. I’ve done harder stuff than this back home. I killed officers and politician while they were in the restrooms. Who else can pull that off? No one! I got this! Xavier swallowed and stood tall. “So where do you want to do this? Is there a backroom or?” He clapped his hands together. This guy might appear confident right now but his legs were shaking. Xavier was so happy that his pants were concealing this fact.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:24 pm

Twitchy little guy, wasn't he? Though he wasn't usually twitchy like this, at least not in the Sanctuary. Maybe he was just nervous about the job. "Ah, good! You know, I'm surprised by how many people are already interested in working here." Just one mention and people hopped up, didn't even get to put a 'workers needed' on the bulletin board. Of course, he supposed it was better to have a group to choose from than to have no takers.

"There's a whole second floor, actually. I figure we can move up there, since the store doesn't exactly have chairs or anything for us to sit at." Kev shimmied his way past Xavier to the front door, flipping the sign to closed for the moment so they could commence the interview without issue. "Just follow me up and we can begin! Do you want something to drink too?" He offered as he lead the way to the stairs and made his way up. Maybe something to drink would help him to relax.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:17 am

Xavier shook his head. “I’m fine but thanks for the offering.” He doubted Kev would want to know what Xavier drank. Even if Kev wasn’t fazed by it, he even have any mercury on him. Yes, Xavier drinks liquid mercury. Hurray for water being toxic to him! The biometal human followed Kev up the stairs and into a room furnished with a few chairs. It seemed nice. Definitely a better place for an interview than downstairs where either one of them could be easily distracted. Xavier took a seat by a wall and waited for Kev to begin the conversation. He did his best not to fidget but one of his hands instinctively went to the crescent moon pendant around his neck then proceed to mess with it.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:22 pm

Kev nodded back to Xavier, alright, no water! Up the stairs they went, Kev pushing the red beads aside so they could walk through uninterrupted. He gestured towards the kitchen, about to ask if he'd rather do the interview here or the break room, when Xavier seemed to find the break room easily and already find a seat. He did think the break room was a better place to do the interview...it was pretty comfy, so maybe it'd help Xavier unwind! He followed him and took a seat on the comfy chair. Xavier seemed to do what he seemed to do a lot when he was uncomfortable, fiddling with a little necklace he had.

"Alright...bear with me here though, this is the first job interview I've uh...ever done." He chuckled a bit. "Are you wanting to work part-time or full-time? And uh...job experience! What is your previous job experience?" That never hurt to ask, right?

Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:13 pm

The break room seemed very relaxing. It was very different from the sleek modern look Xavier was used to back home. He let out a chuckle with Kev. Good to know he wasn’t the only nervous one here. “I would like to work full-time but wouldn’t mind working part-time.” He stopped fidgeting for a moment. He was starting to feel comfortable.

Then the second question came. Xavier’s tan faded a little. What was his last job? What job experience did he have? He should’ve known this question would’ve come up but he was so hoping it wouldn’t. What was he going to tell Kev? He was a military assassin and killed countless people. Yeah that would go over very well. “Um… uh… I was in the military back home so I definitely follow orders.” Of course Xavier want to be gritting his teeth right now but figured it wouldn’t be good for the interview. He didn’t affiliate himself with the military anymore but if this could get him a job, he would use it.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Apr 06, 2014 6:52 pm

The break room was very relaxing, perhaps a bit too casual for a job interview. Something more professional might be intimidating though, and Kev didn't want to intimidate potential employees. Xavier's chuckle seemed to lift some tension from the room, which made Kev relax in turn. This wasn't so bad now, was it? So he'd like to work full-time, but would also work part-time if he was needed to. "Alright. When we get a few interviews done and we start deciding who to hire, we'll probably pick whatever fits best with that." For instance, if Nyreena was hired and she wanted to work full time, they'd probably have Xavier for part time. If Shiro were hired for part, maybe Xavier could do full. Jana and himself already did full-time, so someone doing part-time would be a good idea.

When Xavier's skin seemed to get a bit lighter, Kev thought nothing of it. Though, he also just chalked that up to a change in the lighting. Why would Xavier's skin change any bit at all over a question about his past jobs? It couldn't possibly be that bad. "I see, military! Bit of an odd place to work at with that background, a little music store...then again I guess there's not much of a job market for soldiers." He shrugged a bit. He wouldn't judge Xavier's background, especially the more...unsavory bit. Although not a hardened soldier himself, nor a mercenary, Kev didn't exactly waltz into the City Noise with the best credentials under his belt either.

"This place is open from 10 to 6, every day of the week. What days and times would be best for you, if you worked here?"

Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:13 pm

Xavier let out a tiny sigh. Good, Kev mustn’t have realized my small panic attack. That’s good. He smiled and scratched the back of his head a little. “It is but I figured working here could be fun. I did listen to a lot of music from the 1980 and 90’s.” The classics never fade from history. “And hey, I could double as a bodyguard,” Xavier added jokingly.

Now hours. What hours would work for me? Well, I literally have no else that I have to do. “I could work whenever you want me. I have no prior commitments. I honestly would mind working from opening to closing. It would keep me out of trouble.” Xavier laughed a little at the end. He had calmed down by now and his skin was back to its normal tan self.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:44 pm

So Xavier was a music fan, huh? Jana liked music a lot, and Kev had music he really liked, but the real music 'buff' of the store had been Zippy. "If I remember right, then the music from that time on Earth was pretty good." He mostly had the library and Zippy to go off of for that. He chuckled a bit at Xavier's idea. A bodyguard, huh? Technically, being in the city, there were no worries about that. Anyone that came to rob the shop would be stopped swiftly by the ISOs. "Maybe!"

No prior commitments? Not a single one? Though, the only ones he could think of were times people slept and other duties they may have. Having someone who could come in whenever he needed it would be good. "Since you already said you wouldn't want to work customer service, if you did work here you'd probably stock stuff up. New cds, clothes, all of that, and that would probably be best done in the morning. You could probably also keep track of the things in the basement, that's where a lot of our stuff is. Doing inventory and all that." All of this was merely hypothetical, thinking out loud to figure out what to do with Xavier if he worked there. He folded his hands across his lap and chose his next words carefully. "You're not...planning to disappear in a few months, are you?" Probably sounded odd. But it was an important question.

Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:21 pm

“That’s fine with me. I’m usually up either early in the morning or late at night. I wouldn’t mind working in the basement as long as you didn’t lock me down there.” Xavier chuckled a little. There wasn’t anything wrong with some dark horror movie humor. Xavier wouldn’t mind working in the basement honestly. He was used to doing behind the scenes work. It was regular work for him. Granted, that work usually meant death for someone. Maybe that’s why he was social awkward.

Leave? Why would I leave and how would I? I was stuck in Portal City for now. I didn’t have any form of transportation or way around besides my own two feet. Xavier was confused by this question. "Uh…I don’t think I am going anywhere? I mean, I can only travel as far and fast as my feet can take me.” Maybe people just disappear for no reason. “I mean, I don’t have any plans to leave town. I would like to leave the city for a while and see the surrounding areas but that would be more like a vacation.”
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Apr 11, 2014 7:38 pm

Ah good, he'd be up anyway. He knew that sometimes, waking up very early could be a real chore. Work tended to suffer if someone couldn't wake up in time for work or were tired on the job. As for locking him in the basement...Kev chuckled and crossed his arms. "Be a good worker and we'll see. If you're terrible, I may have to lock you in there." He waggled his scaly brows at him, though he spoke purely in jest. At the most, he'd lock him in there for like a half hour or an hour, then let him out. He might not even realize he'd been locked in at all.

As for his last question, Kev knew it would probably seem very awkward. Why would it matter to the shop if he were to disappear or something? Well... "That's good. I ask because sometimes around here, people will up and disappear. No word, usually. As far as we know, they end up in another Gamma usually, sometimes by choice and sometimes not." He shrugged a bit. "Our last coworker and even our boss have disappeared. Jana and I are the only ones working here and if we're hiring more people...well, we want to be sure the new hires won't be here for three or four months, only to disappear and leave us hanging again." Sort of a problem that was specific to Portal Breach.

"Next question, how about you tell me some strengths and weaknesses? Anything that will help you out in working here, or get in the way?"

Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Sat Apr 12, 2014 12:53 am

Random disappearances, it definitely sounds like a horror movie now. Especially with Kev’s joke but hey Xavier started the joke. Now strengths and weaknesses, what are some strengths that I can use to get this job. Xavier sat and thought for a moment. “Well, I can follow directions pretty easily.” He laughed a little. “I can hide my presence easily. That one might be more of a creepy quality than a beneficial one. I’m physically fit so I wouldn’t need any help moving most heavy objects. Uh… The only weakness I can think of is being slightly awkward but I’m sure that’ll fade in the coming weeks. Maybe I’ll be able man the cash register after some time.”

Xavier was hoping he wasn’t butchering this interview. He thought he was doing pretty well for his first time.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:07 pm

Following directions, that would be a good strength in any workplace. Hiding his presence...not so much. Kev tilted his head to the side. "Hide your presence? Like...turning invisible? Or something else?" If Xavier could turn invisible, that'd definitely be something to remember in the future. He chuckled a bit but didn't comment on that being a bit creepy. Xavier was also physically fit which would definitely be helpful and useful as a stocker. "Your strengths are looking good." He gave a small nod.

Now for the weaknesses! Which was only one, in this case. Mostly, Xavier's awkward nature towards people he didn't know, which was something Kev considered a weakness as well. Not that people had to be social butterflies, of course not! But a place like the City Noise, it primarily centered around interactions with strangers. Pretty promising though, Xavier mentioned that he could grow out of it. Kev tapped his chin for a moment. "Hmm...I think that was everything I could think of to ask. I'll talk with Jana and let you know shortly if you got the job or not! Do you have any questions for me?" Anything he needed to know?

Xavier Valiante
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    110/110  (110/110)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Xavier Valiante on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:53 pm

Xavier laughed awkwardly a little. I shouldn’t have said a thing. “I was joking. The most I can do walk around silently.” He gave a convincing smile and scratched the back of his head. Hopefully Kev won’t push the subject. His hand went up to mess with the pendant but Xavier stopped it. Come on, you are doing well. No need go back to old habits.

Placing his hands in his lap, Xavier listened to Kev. Shaking his head, Xavier answered, “I can’t think of any questions at the moment. If I think of any thing, maybe I can ask you later in the lounge. Well, if it is fine by you that is.” He didn’t want to assume anything.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:26 pm