Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

A Chance to Make A Living

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Fri Mar 28, 2014 5:43 pm

Time: 3:30 p.m.
    Date: 3/28/0004

That afternoon Nyreena was heading down to City Noise to apply for a job after talking to Kev the previous night when he was conversing about needing some new employees for the business. Telling him she had a good head for numbers and since she knew a lot about music by being a champion dancer she decided right then and there that she would apply for a job and try to earn some extra credits so that she could get some stuff for her and Jak's apartment. Since they were living together, and with Dax since he has returned, it was time to start earning a living to a: provide for her roommates as well as her and b: earn some big time credits so that she could really get her fashion line off the ground and make a name for herself in this city.

Finally reaching City Noise she stepped inside and was amazed by the way it looked on the outside and the inside. This was by far the best music store ever! Music, apparel, and games everywhere. It sort of made her miss the music stores back home on her Earth. Well, at least there was one here so it made up for it. Hmm, now that she thought about it maybe she could arrange things with Kev and his coworkers so that she could sell some her clothes here and get her own business off the ground. Continuing to look around she called, "Hey Kev, are you here? I'm here for my interview!"
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: A Chance to Make A Living

Post by Skyler on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:31 pm

When Nyreena walked into City Noise she would not find Kev to be in the store. Instead she would find Jana standing with her back to the door. Some customers from earlier had failed to put the CDs in their place, instead leaving them scattered in various spots in the store. It was annoying, but gave her something to do while she waited for the potential employee Kev had said was coming.

The sound of someone arriving caused the Cyborg to turn on her heal towards the newcomer. Her eyes drifted towards the clock after registering who the customer was. She was right on time too. There was definitely some potential there. The cyborg turned and waved to Nyreena

"Sorry to disappoint, but Kev ain't in right now." Kev had gone off on a break. With only having the two of them working at the time, both found themselves needing to take a break every once in awhile. Especially on the more busy of days.
    "I'll be givin' you yer interview upstairs instead, that cool with you?" she asked as she walked behind the counter. Kneeling down she disappeared from view only to come back up seconds later. In her hand rested a sign with "BE RIGHT BACK" in big, red letters. It was to go on the window when the owners of the store were on breaks. City Noise being a small business, this was completely acceptable. "You ya put this on the window for me?" she asked, tossing the sign over to Nyreena.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 34

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:28 pm

Seeing someone wave out of the corner of her eye Nyreena turned around and saw that it was Jana that was greeting her. So she worked her, too. That was really cool to find out. Hearing that Kev wasn't in at that time was a bit of a disappointment but she didn't let it get her down since Jana said that she would be giving her her interview upstairs. Smiling and nodding in agreement Nyreena agreed, "Sure, that sounds fine to me."

Expertly catching the sign with one hand Nyreena nodded in agreement and hung the sign on the door then followed Jana upstairs, looking around and observing the kitchen and dining area. Wow, this place was actually really neat. Looking at Jana she asked, "So where do you want to talk?"
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Thu Apr 10, 2014 10:16 pm

"We'll have it right here, if ya don't mind." She motioned over to the two purple chairs facing the television in the corner. Nyreena would find the sofas to be quite comfortable and plush. Zippy did not slack off when it came to comfort for her workers. When Nyreean moved to sit, the cyborg found herself a little unsure of what to do. She had never actually done any kind of interview before. She vaguely remembered the interview Zippy had done.

Deciding to start with some pleasentries, she asked "Like anythin' to drink? Got some orange juice, or maybe some water?" Wouldn't do good to make Nyreena nervous, so making her comfortable seemed like a good idea. It also gave her some time to think more on her next move.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed May 28, 2014 11:57 pm

Seeing the plushy purple seats Nyreena's eyes sparkled and she promptly sat down, enjoying the comfort they provided. Whoever found these things really got a good deal on something this nice, and she really loved the color. Hearing Jana ask if she wanted anything to drink the ghost replied, "Oh, I think I'll just have some water. Thank you for the offer."

Watching as Jana grabbed the drink Nyreena wondered what would be asked during the interview. There had to be something about music since this was a music shop and she had to remember all of the music she had danced to in her life. There was definitely lyrical, contemporary, a good dash of ballroom and also some soundtracks that she had composed her own choreography to and performed. Hopefully things would go alright and she wouldn't blow this chance. To her nailing this interview was like having to nail her routine during a championship competition. She had to get it right the first time.

(Sorry for not getting back to this it completely got shut out of my mind!)
    Skyler
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Skyler on Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:42 am

"One water, comin' right up." The cyborg turned away from Minerva and started fixing up her drink. It did not take long, and hardly a minute had passed before she was handing the glass off to Minerva. She had gotten herself a water as well, but put it on the table beside her own spot instead of drinking. Then, she sat herself down across from the ghost.

When the cyborg was sure her guest and possible employee was ready, she decided on the best course of action. "First thin's first, do you know anythin' 'bout music? And have you ever had a job before this? It's not super important that you do, but it would definitely help if you did." She had more questions to ask, but thought it better to start with a few basic ones.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Sun Jul 06, 2014 5:45 pm

Putting on a great smile Nyreena answered, "I am happy to say that I do have a good knowledge of music. For quite some time of my life I was a dancer and I've gotten to learn a wide variety of music to dance to. I've danced to a bunch of lyrical pieces, a good number of contemporary numbers, did some ballroom dancing in some spare time and even choreographed several routines to some famous tracks such as a couple of songs from The Phantom of the Opera, Cats and Wicked. They're musicals from back home and some of my favorites to listen to."

A job before this? Well, being from a, how to put it, financially secured family Nyreena really didn't need one but she did have several fashion internships and did help at a number of dance camps during the summer time. And her adoptive dad had taught her a number of things about the ways of business since she wanted to have her own fashion industry. Figuring a way to put her next answer she responded, "As for having a job before this I would have to be honest and say no but I did do a number of summer internships for a few fashion businesses and helped work several summer dance camps. And my adoptive dad ran his own successful business and since I wanted my own fashion label someday he taught me several pointers and tips on how a business was properly run."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:39 pm