0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Is that... A dragon?

Post by Niddhogg on Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:38 pm

April 19 - 2:23AM

The night skies were clear this spring night. Naught but a few clouds cling to the sky and the glow of the city in the distance pulses with life. However, soon, it will not be the case.

From the mountains, after his sleep underground, Niddhogg had awakened, angered and hungry. After scathing the living things of their flesh, the great dragon regrew into it's 155 foot tall form, fire weakly burning in it's maw and eyes. It takes to the sky, great wings flapping up gales to uproot trees and send them flying further into the forest as Niddhogg takes flight. The great wyrm writhes into the air gaining altitude slowly.

During his ascension, Niddhogg's thoughts race. What has he become? Why does he feel so... so small, so very weak. Disgusting! WRETCHED angels! They will beg for their lives from the gape of his maw! They will indeed DIE in the fire of his belly! The more he thinks, the more angry he becomes. He remembers, however, that to become stronger... he will need to fight. And fight he will, even if his life is taken over and over again, he will reach his destination of becoming what he once was.

At cloud level, he soars toward the sea, away from the city, away from the forests. His chaos of thoughts continue to ring within him, triggering more than madness. Fury from an elemental beast.

As the night wears on, and he reaches the sea, he looks down at the waters in anger. Water, that was the bane of his existence in that battle. He has dealt with water before, never has it destroyed his will so easily. This place is truly terrible. He will see it burn.

"Gwaaaarrrrrrr..."

At great speeds, the dragon dips toward the waters, sending multiple wakes of water spewing out as brings down a talon and slices his foreclaw downward, evaporating a chunk of the waters in anger. He opens his snout, a gout of flame, much smaller than his normal torrent, licks at the waters. Algae on the surface catches ablaze, even in the water the red flames of Niddhogg catch life ablaze.

He flaps upward again, the sinew in his shoulders straining at his own weight before he hovers but a hundred feet above the surface. A gutteral growl resonates over the horizon, it would even reach the city as nothing but a rumble. The Devourer is here. And he is NOT. PLEASED.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Is that... A dragon?

Post by Hazama on Sun Apr 27, 2014 6:29 pm

"Agh, I sense trouble." Hazama grumbled, half seriously, half joking as he looked down at the dragon below. In the air like this, he had no reason to leave his eyes closed, so he kept them open. Besides, this didn't seem like a very, ah... tame dragon. Dragons... looked like that in ancient Western concepts, correct? They were insanely popular, and he remembered them from being somewhere around that general area. Couldn't be wrong, as Chinese dragons had survived for longer than European dragons. They were more popular in 2100 A.D., anyway.

Having put up as many shields as he could to protect his airship (that only he actually knew about at this point), Hazama looked down at the dragon. "Yoo-hoo..." He slowly lowered it down, looking at the dragon with his glowing yellow serpentine eyes. "I'm gonna have to ask you... what exactly are you so... upset about?" This thing was going dangerously close to the area of water that had his base in it. Wouldn't want to set off any more accidental underwater mines, eh? There was drawing attention to an area, and then there was that. Besides, the mines Megamind had so kindly installed were his other defence mechanism, and this dragon ruining them just didn't sit well with him.

"My, you are intimidating, aren't you..." Hazama commented, this dragon reminding him of the Black Beast slightly. The Black Beast HAD killed him, after all.

So, Niddhogg... what would you do?
    Niddhogg
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 9

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Niddhogg on Tue May 20, 2014 11:54 pm

Niddhogg's head turns and raises as the ship, which was just less than his size, comes down out of the air to great him in the dark morning's starlight. Flames dance across the waters and glimmer off the bottom of the ship. The great dragon's four eyes level on Hazama as the thing speaks to him. His enormous head levels with bow of the airship.

What is this thing. He hasn't encountered such a piece of machinery... However, it's beaming with energy. Fiery marks line his jaw and nose as the neverending elemental flame leaks out like drool. Oh yes... he is very very hungry.

"Greetings..." Fire belches forth, but not in threat. only because he speaks.

He flaps his wings once and hovers above the ship looking down upon the green haired human-shaped thing. He takes a deep breath in, the wind changing to his direction as he sucks in the scent of machinery... and the general lack of scent... This ... this being isn't a human like he seems. Niddhogg's head lowers again.

"Upset? That is putting it lightly, small thing. And intimidating? Heahhaha..." No he doesn't want to bring up his shameful defeat. Not today.

The green haired man looks familiar to him... maybe that damnable angel he possessed saw him once. What is his name...?

"Nngggwaaaarr... I hunger..." He eyes the entirety of the ship and locks all eyes on Hazama. "Who are you...?" His great wings flap once again, changing air currents  and thermals due to the immense heat coming from him. The air is becoming arid, even above the sea.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Thu May 22, 2014 10:17 pm

That dragon... yeah, that was a HUGE dragon. Valoo would get wrecked.

Niddhogg wrote:"Greetings..."

Hazama put his hand on his hat for a second as it attempted to get blown off his head. This dragon was something else... sheesh. He'd seen dragons in artwork and the like, but seeing one up-close like this... talking to one like this... it felt odd, that was for sure! He knew of Ridley, too, but Ridley wasn't nearly this size. This thing was bigger than his airship! He could probably start a village in this thing's stomach, if he were eaten. Okay, that was a slight exaggeration... but, eh.

Niddhogg wrote:"Upset? That is putting it lightly, small thing. And intimidating? Heahhaha..."

"Ah - not to be intrusive... but, what is it that you're unhappy about?" He didn't care all that much, aside from the dragon being close enough to both his bases right now to wreck everything. Oh, that and that if this guy turned out to be something good enough to use, it'd be glorious to know more. Then again... now that he thought about it, this dragon could just be a newcomer, upset by their surroundings. Naaaaah, that'd be boring! Newcomers were usually dropped in Portal City, anyway. He wasn't sure how this one would compare to the City in terms of scale... but you never knew, right?

Niddhogg wrote:"Nngggwaaaarr... I hunger..."

"I have a couple of meat buns, if you're up for that." Hehehehehe, of course he was messing with you. What kind of dragon would be after that? Still, it was fun.

Niddhogg wrote:"Who are you...?"

"Oh? Where are my manners! I'm Hazama, currently unemployed." Added that last bit in on habit. Because he was such a job-focused man. "Nice to meet you." He bowed slightly, and then looked back at the dragon, albeit with his eyes still closed.

Check it, Niddhogg.
    Niddhogg
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Niddhogg on Mon May 26, 2014 3:44 pm

A loud grumble from the dragon's chest is heard, lines of whitened red spread across his chest as he takes a deep breath in. As Hazama speaks, Niddhogg's skin crumbles becoming ash in the wind. He flaps forward, his body shrinking and his wings breaking apart midflight. The scales blacken and so do his horns as he becomes more and more humanoid. Niddhogg's craning neck collapses upon itself and his growl dissipates in the open air, the ash flowing away from him as his wings sprawl out.

He fearlessly drops and lands upon the ship, his nearly seven foot tall height towering over Hazama. He rolls his shoulders and his wings drape about his shoulders like a cape. His face is naught but a dragonkin looking feature with four burning eyes.

Niddhogg's tail whips about like a feline.

"I am... infuriated with the Angels and their idiotic allies. They have delayed my feast for the last time and I will see them thoroughly engulfed in flame. You may call me Niddhogg. Not Nithokkr like that puny drake thought to call me. He shall burn as well... I am... was the devourer of worlds. And... what makes it so ...nice to meet me?

He cocks his still massive head as his booming voice echoes across the plains of water. He stands naught but twenty feet away from Hazama, but the overwhelming heat can definitely be felt, no manner of wind or sea gales will stop the relentless fire.
    Hazama
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Hazama on Wed May 28, 2014 10:45 pm

Hazama couldn't deny how surprised he was when Niddhogg moved forward and landed on the ship, his form shrinking and changing to be much smaller, yet still a solid foot higher than he was. He really wasn't sure what to think, at this point. May as well continue the conversation, he... guessed? He'd never conversed with a dragon before. Let alone an angry dragon such as this. It was certainly not how he thought he'd spend his early morning. Not at all! Standing with his hand remaining on his hat, Hazama responded.

"Angels, you say...? Ah, you must mean your old world..." Hazama put emphasis on old. "Oh, you don't need to worry. You've arrived in Portal Breach, Mr. Niddhogg." What did you mean, Mr. Hazama? Well, let him explain~. "When you arrive here, your old world gets destroyed. You know, gone. Multiversal collapse, and whatnot. Happened to all of us. The angels you're talking about? Yeeeaaah... they should be gone. Gone and dead. The Drake? Dead too. Good news, right?" Unless you were hell-bent on doing it yourself.

"Oh, no particular reason. Just formalities, you know? Ah - not that you're unpleasant to meet, either." Hazama wasn't gonna push his luck. I mean, look at this thing!

Think of all the different ways it could torch something.
    Niddhogg
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    140/140  (140/140)
    Stamina Bar:
    19/19  (19/19)

Post by Niddhogg on Sat May 31, 2014 5:02 pm

Niddhogg's still large head swivels around, multiple cricks and cracks resound in the air and his fiery eyes bear down upon Hazama. The Devourer takes a deep breath in, continuing to try and figure out this enigma before him. The thought is nearly lost as he talks of the angels. He shakes his head. Hazama... You truly don't know. Nor do you need to. Except maybe the basics so you don't sound like a arrogant fool.

"The angels are here, and so is the drake called Arro. And I have no home world. However much I wish it to be untrue, they are alive."

Niddhogg's tail whips about angrily, scratching the surface of the ship with blackened spines that adorn the tip. His eyes burn brighter for a moment and his back claws sear the metal as well. He crosses his arms, his draped wings twitching at the motion. However tired the beast is, he will not let it show to anyone. He grinds his sharp teeth together and his reptilian brow lowers.

"My circumstances of existence on this plane are irregular. However, it does not stop my hunger. I do not make requests, but I require sustenance in order to live. I can already tell that you aren't on the same tier as I. Much higher. Your strength brims like an aura... How enticing. Yet I do not have the strength to devour you... Where. Where are these... meat buns?"

That's right, Hazama, he actually might have to eat your buns.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:26 am