Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Olabisi (Ben 10 Fan Character)

Post by Olabisi on Fri May 02, 2014 5:15 pm

--PROFILE--

Name: Olabisi (oh-lah-bee-see)
    Age: Unknown (whatever the Thep Khufan equivalent for early twenties is)
    Species: Thep Khufan
    Appearance:
    Spoiler:
    Background:
    Olabisi was your typical civilian of Anur Transyl, despite not being of the planet's native species. For a short time, she was raised in an orphanage, and was adopted by an older Thep Khufan man who never got the chance to settle down. Being a toddler at the time of her adoption, she doesn't really remember anything of her time at the orphanage. Eventually, she came to know him as "Pa," and she couldn't have asked for a better person to call that. He was a wonderful father to her.

Olabisi was your typical civilian of Anur Transyl. She and her now-boyfriend Spenst's parents go back a long way. They knew each other before she was born, so she and Spenst actually grew up together.

Eventually, the desire to become more independent arose. Life after school was getting to be pretty dull, so she got a job mending clothes. She hoped to move on from mending to outright seamstress work someday, though. But of course the money was still good regardless.

Day by day, she trudged about her daily life. It had been spiced up at first, but things eventually got to be the exact same as they were before. Wake up, eat, go to work, eat, go back to bed. Boooring. She longed for something different. She wanted some excitement! A while back, she joined her town in chasing about some "monster" and pelting him with various fruits. Shortly after, she participated in yet another mob, even if it was against her will. Though the terror that everyone else experienced in the situation was obvious, to her, it was a welcome break from the daily grind. Quite fun, actually.

Even that bout of excitement was short lived, though. Ever since, everything was been back to normal. That is, until the portal appeared.

Personality:
    Olabisi seeks variance in her life. She's always doing something, quickly jumping from activity to activity. The idle life is not a thing for her. She is also a frequent pleasure-seeker, and easily becomes bored. Any task can become a chore if Olabisi isn't particularly enjoying it.

Luckily for everyone else, Olabisi is rather friendly... most of the time. She's not very good at hiding her emotions. If she's happy, it's obvious. If she's sad or angry, it's obvious. If she likes you, you'll know. If she hates you, you'll know.

Olabisi is brave, quite bold, and will never turn down a challenge. While this might be seen as a positive trait to have in most situations, this can easily cause her to underestimate her opponents.

Strengths:
    + Strong, quick, athletic
    + Long attack range (bandages)
    + Her unique physiology gives her a 25% resistance to attacks with blunt weapons.
    + Can survive in the vacuum of space

Weaknesses:
    - She tends to underestimate her opponents.
    - Water and ice causes her bandages to become heavy and more difficult to control; A successful attack with water or ice will cause her attacks to do 25% less damage for the rest of the match.
    - Fire! Any successful fire attacks on her will do x2 the normal damage.

World: Anur Transyl(her homeworld)/Anur Khufos(her species' homeworld)
    Other: She much prefers the heat, and does not like the cold very much.
    Group(s): Aliens

--PRESENTATION--

It was morning. Olabisi awoke with a yawn. She sighed. It looked like today was going to be the same as every other. She sluggishly climbed out of bed, slowly and reluctantly making her way to the front door. It was then that something caught her attention. On the other side of the door she could hear the excited banter of the townspeople.

Well that's different. What has everyone so excited? she thought to herself.

Olabisi flung open the door, eager to see just what had the town so riled up. She pushed and shoved through the crowd until she found herself at the front. Some sort of... blue light?

"I'm not touching it. You touch it!"

"No you!"

The mummy rolled her eyes. Clearly these people weren't going to investigate willingly. She walked forward, drawing out shocked gasps from the crowd. She cautiously reached out her arm through the light. "What is this thing?" she wondered aloud. She didn't have to wonder for long.

Olabisi let out a yelp as she felt herself being pulled to the light. She could hear panicked screams in the crowd. A few townspeople ran to her aid, but it was too late. She was swallowed up by the light, and it disappeared right behind her. The last thing she heard before being blinded by the hungry light was a call of "Ola!" from a friend that was among the crowd.

After a few agonizing seconds, Olabisi found herself flailing about in the air after being dropped from the sky. She landed on the ground with a loud and and painful thud. Despite the aching of he body, she got up, brushing herself off. Looking up to the sky, she was only able to catch a brief glimpse of the strange light before it faded to nothing. Her attention drifted from the sky, surveying her surroundings. All she could do was shake her head.

"I don't think I'm on Anur Transyl anymore..."

--ROLEPLAYER INFORMATION--

Nickname: Lorraine
    Age Range: I be 19, thank you very much, 20 come July!
    Contact Information: worldofdrakan@gmail.com
    Roleplay Experience: A couple years ago, I broke away from a group of unruly roleplayers. It was such a shame. I've always wanted to find another RP group.
    Other Characters: None yet :3
    How Did You Find Us?: Mel promo on tumblr (thanks Mel!)

Last edited by Olabisi on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:00 pm; edited 11 times in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Olabisi (Ben 10 Fan Character)

Post by Zurg on Fri May 02, 2014 5:59 pm

Hello, Lorraine! Your character app looks spot on and everything has already been filled out. That having been said, would you kindly add more in terms of your character's background? Just extra information so that the staff and your fellow RPers have a better understanding. Once you've done that I'll come back and take another gander.

Thank you!

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Fri May 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Sure thing! I added a few more things to the background as well as another weakness that I felt made sense.

Last edited by Olabisi on Mon May 05, 2014 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Zurg
    Administrator

Administrator

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Zurg on Sat May 03, 2014 12:49 am

Yep, that looks great! Welcome to Portal Breach, Lorraine.

In unity, before the Nine, I softly speak in #669999.
    But, in One's animosity, I hold command in #99FF00.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:13 pm