Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

It's Dangerous to go Alone, Take This!

Post by Lunette on Tue May 20, 2014 4:52 am

TIME: 17:25
    MAY 20th, YEAR 5

With many warnings and concern from complete strangers, Lunette still went ahead into the forest again. It was kind of them, but she was strong enough to punch most things pretty far away if she had to. Kicking, too. No one liked to mess with a chick in heels. So, with little concern, she made her way back into the forest, with the map the one named Sheik gave to her. It didn't take long for her to realize why she didn't want to do this right now... mud and dirt, more than what's normally acceptable. Lunette scrunched her nose at the sight and pressed on, looking on the ground for anything.

For them to have lost it and dropped it in the forest where she'd look was asking far too much, but hey, gotta hope, right? Of course, the further in she went, the more doubts she had. The footprints from only a few nights before were now gone, and there weren't any signs of what direction she had been going previously. It just looked like a confusing, green forest. With mud. And bugs. "There has to be something... somewhere... how could they have disappeared? I know I saw them here... If I could just remember the faces..." Those stupid robbers... what did they look like? Stupid, for one. So says Lunette.

The only thing she recalled were shadow shapes and heights, but the hit on her head had given her a little... concussion. And things had been very wobbly that night, causing her to be unable to count how many... but surely, there weren't over five! Maybe six. But not a large group. If they were robbing her, they must've not heard of her many successful barfight breakups. Nothing a good punching couldn't handle!

So they were stupid. This had already been established.

"... Wings...?" she thought aloud, trying to recall those shadows. Wings... she could've sworn one did. But otherwise, nothing. Nothing else to be remembered, nothing left for her to find, and she had gotten her boots and dress muddy just for all of the nothing. "... I miss my forest..." It wasn't as muddy as this... And the wildlife was far more interesting. "Oh well... I guess I'll have to keep going..." she pondered aloud, looking around her for a different path and taking it. "One more hour, then I'll leave..."

Famous last words, right?
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 21

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Re: It's Dangerous to go Alone, Take This!

Post by Homura Akemi on Thu May 22, 2014 10:20 pm

Amazing how you could run into people in the most odd of places, wasn't it? Like a large jungle, or the desolate arctic... or a vast forest. And that's what Homura found herself thinking, as she looked left, finding an anthropomorphic animal walking her way. A big, bushy tail... large, animalistic ears... and clothes. Still just dressed in the same school uniform that she'd washed every day since she arrived, Homura was surprised to see someone sporting a dress like that. It was more surprising than the fact that she didn't appear human, for obvious reasons, such as humans being a minority here. It was hard to let go of being used to them, however, due to having lived for a long, long time in a human society, as well as most otherworldly things here adopting human form.

"...Hello."

Homura spoke in a monotonous, callous voice. She hadn't showed much emotion since her first day here. Not much on the Breach was really enough for her to show emotion towards... even Archer showed more emotion than she did. He was invisible right now, but lurking nearby. Homura didn't display any signs of guard or fear, however; she knew she could handle herself just fine, and even in the event that she couldn't, she had by far the best method of escape she knew. Hard to follow someone through time, eh?

Potential danger aside, the Magical Girl looked at Ms. Lunette. She looked up at her eyes for a second, linking and breaking them quickly, speaking. "Are you new here?" It was possible that this person was new, but also that they were exploring. Homura hadn't seen them before so it was possible that they had just arrived a few minutes ago, even, but with Homura being a shut-in most of the time... it was entirely plausible that this person had arrived a while ago and that she just hadn't been anywhere where the Magical Girl had gone.

Well?
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sat May 24, 2014 11:23 pm

And still nothing. Maybe they had fled to a different place, or maybe they were still lurking here. They couldn't have gotten too far, could they? Without being seen? Ms. Lunette was deep in thought until she turned and HNGwhere did you come from!?

Visibly frightened by the girl, the feline's fur stood up for a minute and frizzled, particularly in her tail until she obtained her footing. The girl stated 'hello', and Lunette nodded and fixed herself up a bit, "erm, hello. You came out of no where..." Good thing she had no heart issues. Looks like her tail would be frizzed a bit more than usual, unfortunately. It took some time to get the fur back down after a shock like that, but Lunette was fine with this. Just still a little jumpy. "I am 'new' here, yes, I was..." she stopped and decided to try and explain what happened, sounding a little more tired than what she had portrayed.

"I'm going to level with you, I've been having a crummy few days. Not because of this place, it seems fine so far, it's just. I had been robbed by some--" languaaaage... "... not-nice-people, and I've been looking desperately to find them. They took a necklace of mine, it's very important to me. But I can't seem to find them. Have you, perchance, seen anyone weird around or suspicious looking...?" Other than herself, of course. Lunette wasn't sure whether this girl was used to non-human creatures or not, but either way, she probably looked strange to her.

"If not, that's... you know, that's okay. I'll probably find it eventually, right? How big can this place be?" Lunette followed that up with a small laugh, but it wasn't genuine. No, she was close to the breaking point.
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Post by Homura Akemi on Sun May 25, 2014 6:25 pm

Homura noted how startled Ms. Lunette had become, but made no fast movements and just remained there as she talked, not budging. Slenderman-style in the woods, awww yeah. But, this woman... she seemed to be either easily startled or focused to the point where she wasn't expecting anyone to come out. Made sense, this being a forest and all. A pretty big one, at that. Well, ish. Slightly less big with a gaping hole in it that Homura had found the other day. She didn't know what caused it, but it was big.

Ms. Lunette wrote:"I'm going to level with you, I've been having a crummy few days. Not because of this place, it seems fine so far, it's just. I had been robbed by some--" languaaaage... "... not-nice-people, and I've been looking desperately to find them. They took a necklace of mine, it's very important to me. But I can't seem to find them. Have you, perchance, seen anyone weird around or suspicious looking...?"

Ah... she'd been robbed and she was looking for the culprit. Homura was certain that Archer would prefer her to stay to her original mission of looking for a Witch, but the chances of her finding a Witch were slim. They had been scarce here ever since the beginning... which was worrying. But, there were other things to worry about. Like this woman, who was worrying about thieves. Sounded like there were multiple thieves, too... and she planned on taking them on by herself, right after she arrived? Homura wasn't a protective or generally empathetic person anymore, but she knew that sounded like a bad idea generally.

Ms. Lunette wrote:"If not, that's... you know, that's okay. I'll probably find it eventually, right? How big can this place be?"

She laughed after this, and Homura retained every part of her callous expression. She then... took a step forward, put her hands on her skirt (the front part, to be precise) and bowed. Traditional Japanese culture... "I'm Homura Akemi. It's nice to meet you." Introducing herself, Homura wasted no time in moving on. "Portal Breach is a large place. This forest alone is huge. If you've been gone days and were robbed here, the robber has probably been gone from the area for a long time." Why else would this woman be searching here, of all places? Nonetheless...

"I'm not doing anything at the moment. Would you like some help searching?"
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon May 26, 2014 6:26 am

This girl had a strong face. A face that said very little. She'd probably be very good at poker. Lunette wasn't really surprised by the girl's quiet demeanor, but more surprised when she suddenly bowed. There were very few creatures she had witnessed that did this, one was actually a good friend of hers, but it always still seemed to surprise her. So, Lunette could only nod in response to the bow and hear the girl's name, standing there like a big fluffy doof, while Homura explained a few simple things that Lunette probably should've thought about.

Yes, it had been a few days... maybe she was right. Maybe they weren't here. And if they weren't, they'd most likely be holed up somewhere. Lunette was deep in thought about this, she barely heard what Homura was asking. The cat turned her head back to the girl, with a delayed response, "I'm... not really sure, to be honest. You're right, you see--they are probably long gone, and if they had come back before, they wouldn't have stayed..." The portal's gone, nothing was here for them...

Letting out a groan of irritation, hands upon her face, Lunette sat down on a rock, slumping over and quietly muttering words at herself, mostly along the lines of "i am so stupid" and "why me?" over and over again. Lunette didn't want to waste anyone's time with her own problems, but help would be so nice right now. But if she was to help her and searched here, it would be obvious they wouldn't find anything.

She paused for a moment, removing her hand from her face and looking awfully cheery towards Homura before she spoke, "you know, help would be nice, but perhaps not searching here would be a good idea... They'd have no reason to be here. But I can't think of where else they would've gone." And her hand was placed back over her face as she continued to be in her slump.

What to do, what to do...
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Post by Homura Akemi on Wed May 28, 2014 10:43 pm

Hard to believe that there was once a time where she would have been the absolute worst at poker, honestly. It was either one way or the other, anyway. Seriously good, or seriously bad! No happy medium here, nope. Still, she didn't really tend to... excel in social situations much. She was a tad stoic for much fun to be gotten out of her. Homura would gladly open up to you a bit, but only if you really DID get to know her.

Hmm... Homura didn't know for sure what type of robber it had been, so she couldn't say they definitely would've left, but... she couldn't see any valid reason for them to stay. As the woman spoke, Homura thought... would the thief have stayed? Some thieves were odd... but wasn't there a saying? The culprit always returns to the scene of the crime or something? Illogical, she supposed... but you never knew. It was better to be safe than to be sorry, after all, and you had to know for sure. So...

"Do you think that it's possible the culprit left clues behind?" Clues pertaining to identity, to their direction, etc... It was a very long shot, but if they could find clues like that... they could locate the thief. Besides, if they found something that belonged to the thief, something noticeable, they could ask around to see if anyone had seen them. Or, Ms. Lunette could. Homura didn't know whether she would want Homura's help the entire way.

"I don't mind helping. Do you want to keep looking here for any clues?"
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Thu May 29, 2014 6:06 pm

What an odd interaction this had become.

A pair of golden eyes had been observing these two ladies for a while now, spotted ears twitching to collect every word spoken. One of them, the woman of more animal-like traits, had been robbed; "wings" were mentioned but that was all. And as for the other? Wet nostrils quivered and inhaled her unique scent. Homura Akemi... Fascinating name, and one he had no recollection of. The animal-woman had not given her name in return, perhaps out of a desire for privacy or hesitation to trust, but she seemed willing to accept Akemi's assistance all the same. Might as well, for she was all alone in this strange and upsetting world. Any help was undoubtedly appreciated, and now the question became thus: had he seen any robbers in the general vicinity?

I have not, was the quiet, unspoken answer. He had not seen any suspicious activity while out on patrol; however, could this be attributed to him not looking hard enough or for the right indicator? Maybe, maybe... Either way, the unannounced onlooker left the cover of his dense forest bush and hastily darted away on soft footsteps. There was a glint of sharpened steel and the brief glimpse of a leopard's head, but should the ladies inspect the bush for themselves? They would find it empty, where the impression of two large feet remained.

Nothing but fallen leaves and warm dirt, their only signs that someone had been there.

Note: I'm going to be posting sporadically to this thread, so don't worry about including me in your posting order! Guin will help out when he can and if he can.
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:48 am

Lunette all but wanted to stop and go back, but looking at Homura and her offer to help, it made her feel silly to think that. It had been a few days, sure, but something had to have been left as a clue, right> When asked if she wanted to look for such clues, Lunette decided to be honest, shrugging and letting out a sigh. "You know what? I don't have anything else to do. I don't want to burden you, but if you're really willing to help Homura, I'll accept it. I'm sure they had to have left something around. It wasn't too long ago..." Lunette's irritated state went to one of focus as she patted down her dress of any dirt and debris and looked around her feet, pointing out muddy holes for the girl to dodge.

"Hm... I think the main problem was the fact that I didn't know which direction they ran off in. There were definitely three of them, varying sizes, but they all seemed to shamble off in different directions..." Lunette walked forward as she spoke, making sure to be careful of any hidden mud spots and sink holes, as her tail alerted Homura of such things as well by gently patting her. Hopefully she didn't mind--Lunette didn't shed, at least! With this thought, she tired to understand why they would run off like that, different directions instead of together, especially in a world they probably didn't even know. It was either stupid or, perhaps, they did know what they were doing.

Or just stupid.

Yes, she liked that one.

"By the way... what are you doing out here in the woods all alone? I don't want to be nosy, but it has me a little curious. And you've managed to stay a lot cleaner than I first did..." ick... mud. The thought made her shiver! The feeling of mud caked into her fur was extremely unpleasant...

OOC NOTE: Due to my current condition, this thread may be slow to reply to as a few others are of higher priority. But don't worry, when I'm feeling better, I definitely have something fun planned for this. Until then, sorry for the slowness, and don't worry about taking too long to post!
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Post by Homura Akemi on Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:59 pm

Clues, clues, clues. A good place to start. No-one was perfect when they first arrived in this world, and they usually left some form of clue behind. Homura herself had arrived with a good chunk of her city, albeit with her city literally being chunks because of a particular... Witch that she had been in combat against for a long, long time. Perhaps the clues that they may or may not have left had something to do with who the thieves were, as well as the direction they headed off in. Either way, coming to a new world would have left them panicked since they were just performing a robbery; Homura herself knew how gut-wrenchingly terrifying it could be, having stolen from the Japanese Government.

Definitely three of them... that could cause a huge problem... or be a huge benefit. They probably needed to find at least one of them. "If we find a single one of them, we can get that one to tell us where the others are. Whichever we choose, they should be aware of where each other, or who each other are, if they were partners in the crime." Capturing one would be ideal. Still, a lot of the conclusions Homura was making were of very... wishful thinking. This WAS a new world, after all. They might not even know where they are yet, let alone where the other members of their little troupe are.

Homura would explain that she technically wasn't alone... but she didn't really think introducing Archer was always such a good idea. Besides, she also technically WAS alone. Archer was just following her in his invisible form, and chose not to speak up a lot. "I'm... exploring." Homura lied. As much as she'd love to say "I'm out in the woods, looking for cues as to the next Witch to hunt!", that would likely not sit well with many magic users here, and some wouldn't hesitate to not hear the whole story. Plus, even if that wasn't the reaction, it just invoked more questions that Homura didn't want to be telling everyone the answers to, anyway.

"You have to be careful where you walk. At some points, it's hard to not get messy."

The rustling in the bushes made Homura turn quickly, looking directly to the source of the rustling. It had stopped, however... and while she caught a glimpse of steel, whatever it was that had been there was now gone. Homura was ready to go look for whatever that had been, but she first quickly turned to Ms. Lunette.

"Do you think that could have been one of them?"

(It's no big deal! Just try to get better soon, 'kay? I look forward to whatever you have planned! And, alright, Guin~)
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:43 am

Exploring, huh? That was nice, but out in the forest? Well, maybe this girl was stronger than she looked, so Lunette wouldn't judge. She had lots of different friends, some who enjoyed the solace of the nature around them, some preferring the crowded streets of a city and some even going so far as living in graveyards just to get away from it all. All of this thought made her homesick, and as she placed her finger to her chin in thought, a small frown came across Lunette's face as she tried to hold back a sudden burst of tears and sadness. Nevermind all that, she thought and cleared her throat!

Her ears twitched in a specific direction, and she reacted by turning around with her fists up. Someone was nearby, no doubt. Lunette felt it was a little silly to hope it was one of the culprits, but she didn't get her hopes up too far. Walking quietly over to where the sound was, she followed Homura and gave a soft whisper, "careful, now..." as she looked along with the girl.

Nothing. Except some footprints.

Lunette looked at them oddly and squinted, but she shook her head. "That's definitely not one of their feet... I'm sure they were all wearing shoes of some kind..." she said, trying to recall. Definitely shoes... though maybe one was barefoot? But no feet like this! Whoever this was, they were large, and most likely male. How creepy--a man that could very well be naked walking around and hiding, watching two girls in a forest. That's totally not the start of a horror movie!

"We'll keep looking just for a little longer, I don't want to keep you, and I don't think I'll find much..." she said with a soft smile and began to walk forward, looking on the ground with intense detail. Something had to be left behind... hmm...

OOC: If you want, you can flip a coin and (if heads) find things to further investigate. The more things they find, the more something may happen.

AFTER COINFLIP:

Lunette looked down and saw what appeared to be some kind of chain... a gold chain. "A gold chain? What's this doing out here..." she said as she picked it up, looking at it quizzically. For a moment, she seemed to draw a blank, but then something snapped in her mind, like a flash of lightning. It was dark... but she had some kind of light... a shimmer... yes, this definitely belonged to one of the culprits! "This is theirs, I know it is..." her voice determined, tail swaying softly with a hint of excitement. "There might be more!" Now her eyes were steady, and set. There could be more clues lurking around here...

Last edited by Ms. Lunette on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:46 am; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sat Jun 07, 2014 11:43 am

The member 'Ms. Lunette' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Homura Akemi
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)
    Health Bar:
    260/260  (260/260)
    Stamina Bar:
    42/42  (42/42)

Post by Homura Akemi on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm

Nature was rather nice... it was one of the most enjoyable things Homura had found since coming here. After all, what wasn't to like about the lush green fields of the Samba Heartlands, and the tall green reaches of the trees? It just felt... nice being among all that. As if you were in your element, or something. As a human... or at least something that used to be, it felt natural to be in the wilderness, albeit unsafe at times with the types of wildlife that could be found out here. There were monsters galore! About everything you'd expect from a world that's a conjugation of other worlds. Hell, that's why Witches existed here in the first place.

Waiting patiently and being ready to dart off after this mysterious onlooker at any second as Ms. Lunette checked the prints, Homura was still as a statue. When it was declared to not have been an assailant, she relaxed a little. But, that brought further questions. If that wasn't an assailant, who was that? Ah... it was probably nothing to worry about, so Homura put it to the back of her mind. Besides, she needed to focus on things definitely related to these assailants.

"Don't worry about keeping me. I have all the time in the world." As another being who could manipulate time would say, time was on her side. Being able to use her magic was helpful, and she'd done enough Witch Hunts to be able to use said power whenever. So, it was useful enough, and there was no need to worry at all.

Aaaaaand then the woman found something. A gold chain? Pimpiiiiiin'. Okay, guess that meant that it was time to get searching. Homura looked around, and started watching the floor like a hawk as she did so, moving around past trees and other obstacles in order to try and find something.

MAN THESE COINFLIPS (Flips a coin)

"...Hm?" After a good few minutes of searching, Homura found something in the dirt. What was it? Man, I don't know. What even was there to find? Ah, we'll go with a wristwatch or something. Huehue, fitting because time shenanigans. "...Does this watch look familiar to you?" Homura asked, having left the spot she was searching to stand behind Ms. Lunette.

Last edited by Homura Akemi on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Mon Jun 09, 2014 8:20 pm

The member 'Homura Akemi' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :
    Guin
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

Level : 25

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    300/300  (300/300)
    Stamina Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)

Post by Guin on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 am

So they are searching for the thieves' possessions...

Swift feet raced across the forest canopy, the head of a jaguar and the body of a man flitting between sunny rays. He was on a mission, the task before him set, and the Leopard Warrior glided amongst the branches with all the grace of a lithe feline. Further below and at a distance, both Ms. Lunette and Akemi had managed to discover two items of importance: a golden chain and an odd ticking bracelet. He wondered... what else had been left behind in the bandits' haste? Although the Leopard Warrior may not be able to offer much, his golden eyes were keen; perhaps even sharp enough to keen a the familiar glint of metal.

He did exactly just that, leaping from tree to tree as he combed the forest searching for clues. If there were highwaymen that troubled these roads and thought to take from those in deed, it was best that they were dealt a swift retaliation.

Flipping a coin! If HIT, Guin will find whatever the clue is and discreetly toss it at Ms. Lunette's feet.
    System
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by System on Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:32 am

The member 'Guin' has done the following action : Dice Rolls

'Coin Flip' :

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:18 am