Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

A Cure for what Ails you. (Tag: Olabisi, Any available Hospital Staff)

Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Re: A Cure for what Ails you. (Tag: Olabisi, Any available Hospital Staff)

Post by Frank West on Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:12 am

((Apologies for the late reply, but I was getting some work done on my computer and only just got it back yesterday.))

"Whatever you say, Doc." Frank said. "10." Dr. SALLI approached, needle in hand. "9." after briefly swabbing the tip with a cotton ball, she began locating an appropriate vein in his arm. "8." After a moment more, she found a suitable spot and injected the anesthesia. Frank winced a bit, but he was more than used to needles after 8 years of Zombrex injections. "7." He could already feel himself further relaxing his body, his mind beginning to fog over. "6." he said, slurring slightly as his focus began to dissipate. "Fff-five." He was starting to lose consciousness. "Ffff...fourrrr." He exhaled, entering into sleep before he could reach the end of his countdown. A contented look on his face.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Jul 07, 2014 4:31 am

((No problem! I understand how that can get in the way.))

The patient was most definitely out, which was good because she'd hate to be doing an operation like this on a man who was awake. The human neck is only so large, so it didn't take long for her to find the little parasite. Nestled up close to the brain, just as Frank had said. Also like Frank had said, the parasite resembled a bee, or perhaps a wasp. Dr. SALLI cringed when she saw it, and Floyd leaned over to look at it, a surgical mask covering his face as he did so. "Oh God! Oh God! Salli, look at it!"

"Yes Nurse Floyd, I'm looking."

"Ugh, I hate wasps! They're so nasty! At least honeybees will leave you alone, but wasps! Wasps are ass-"

"Nurse Floyd, if you continue gawking and screaming about it, it might wake up. Then you'll really hate it." The Doctor gave the nurse a stern look, and the young man backed down, hands brought up defensively. The robot sighed. "Any other time I wouldn't mind hearing about how much you hate wasps, but I'm a little wrist deep in Mr. West's neck here?"

"Right, right..." That was the only hiccup in the operation, as Frank's medicine seemed to have the thing dazed still. Dr. SALLI pried and removed it, using a combination of forceps and tweezers to detach it from Frank's body. Once it had been removed and when it may become active and offensive, the Doctor jabbed it with the sedatives, giving it what she hoped was an overdose.

"Nurse Floyd, I need you to put this in a glass jar, close it very tightly. Take it down to the morgue and cremate it." The Nurse nodded and did as asked, though his trip down to the morgue was full of loud, panicked exclamations for people to get out of the way. Dr. SALLI turned her attention back to Frank, giving the surgical area a look-over before deciding that it seemed cleared of any parasites, then gave him an injection of nanobots. In only five minutes, the bots had repaired the man's neck so that it was good as new. No stitches needed. Dr. SALLI heaved a relieved sigh as Nurse Floyd stumbled back into the room, panting heavily. "Is it dead?"

"Yeah...the guy...Morris...he gave me a weird look...when I came in with it! Told him...that I had orders from you...to burn the little bastard...its nothing but ash, Dr. Salli!" The young man held out the very same jar he'd brought down, this time containing nothing but a pile of ash.

"Good. Now help me take him back to the room...let him rest until the anesthesia wears off. Bring the jar too." With their combined efforts, the man was returned to the room he'd initially entered, set upon the bed and given a light-weight blanket. On the counter nearby was a jar, inside was nothing more than the finest pile of ash.
    Frank West
    Inactive Account

Inactive Account

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Frank West on Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:28 am

Frank stirred a bit as the fog around his mind began to recede. As he opened his eyes, he momentarily wondered where he was, the events since he jumped through the portal almost seeming like some sort of strange dream. He quickly snapped back to reality upon seeing the jar of ashes sitting on the counter next to him.

He eagerly moved to pick it up, the blanket left for him rustling furiously as he shuffled about. He held it close, examining it carefully. He let out a loud, joyous laugh as the situation became apparent. He let himself fall back onto the bed, still chuckling and grinning ear to ear. Finally, after 8 years... he thought. I'm free... he laughed again in spite of himself. He just couldn't believe it. No more worrying about turning at any given moment, no more injections every morning. He could live again. Live without the thought of zombies constantly on the edge of his mind. It was the dawn of a new day.

A day he planned to get plenty of rest before facing.

Nestling back beneath the blanket, Frank closed his eyes, still grinning. Free... he thought again, as he slipped back into sleep.

((Paging Ola back to this thread, you'll probably be needed again soon. Also, feel free to let Ola in to see Frank if asked as a way of bringing her back into it. He will need to find somewhere to stay after all this after all.))
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:15 am

((Sorry this took a while! Vacation and all that! Took a while to recover. Olabisi, you may re-enter the thread!))

Dr. Salli went about on her rounds, she had more patients to see of course, so it was Nurse Floyd who would poke his head into Frank's room to check on the man. His sleeping form was easily spotted, as was the jar that had now moved positions. And seeing how they had not gotten a frightened page about whether or not the thing was still alive, that likely meant that Frank had realized that they had destroyed the parasite inside of him. The man could now rest easy, no longer fearing that he would turn into a monster. The nurse smiled to himself and gently shut the door behind him. He strolled away from the room and went to the waiting room instead, eager to see who he had to help next.

The room was quite empty, except for the young receptionist and a young woman who appeared to be a mummy. Nurse Floyd blinked openly before leaning down to glare down at the receptionist. "You still haven't taken care of that poor girl? There's only so many magazines she can read before she dies or something!" He chided with a harsh whisper.

The bespectacled woman glared back up. "She came in with that man I was taking care of before you rudely interrupted. She came in with him, and sat down to read some magazines."

The man backed down immediately, hands brought up defensively, though his brown eyes soon turned to the young woman. Maybe they were friends, or she had led him to this place. Either way, it seems she had come with him and ought to be told if the man she brought here was alright or not. The nurse made his way over to her and cleared his throat awkwardly. "Hey uh...do you want to come in and see your friend? He's resting, but fine. And parasite free."
    Olabisi
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 16

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    230/230  (230/230)
    Stamina Bar:
    32/32  (32/32)

Post by Olabisi on Fri Aug 01, 2014 10:37 pm

((Gah! Sorry for the late reply! Dx))

What magazine was Olabisi on? The fifth, sixth, seventh? Truth be told, the alien had lost count. It would seem that she had lost track of time as well. Just how long had she been sitting in this waiting room? She didn't have long to ponder the question before one of the nurses finally came for her. Apparently Frank was still alive and well after his procedure, thank goodness. She was beginning to worry. Never really cared for hospitals... And the thought of surgery absolutely terrified her. Anything could go wrong in the process!

"Really? That's wonderful news!" the mummy exclaimed, getting up from her chair. "Yes, I'd love to see him if you would direct me to his room. Lead the way."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Aug 09, 2014 5:07 pm

((Sorry for the likewise late reply!))

Wow, that woman was really excited that her friend was okay. Her happiness drew a slight smile on Nurse Floyd's face. "It'd be my pleasure!" Hopefully Frank would be awake by now. The nurse turned on his heel, giving the receptionist a salute that made her roll her eyes, and began to lead the mummy woman past the waiting room and into the actual hospital rooms. Back on Earth, most visitors were supposed to be related to the patient, but seeing how most people were without their family on Portal Breach...? Well, as long as someone seemed to be a friend and weren't obviously planning to kill the patient, they were allowed in.

Nurse Floyd stopped at a door and opened it for Olabisi, the room where Frank had been resting and recovering. "He's in here." Floyd popped his head into the room. "Hey Frank, you have a visitor!"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Dec 09, 2018 5:19 pm