Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Emergency!

Post by Njorth on Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:59 am

DATE: JUNE 14TH, 2014
    TIME: VERY EARLY MORNING, SHORTLY AFTER THE EVENTS OF THIS THREAD

Njorth was struggling to make the final few blocks to the Portal Hospital. Though notably strong, he could only handle so much. You can only carry nearly-dead weight over your shoulder for so long. He got several odd looks as he made his way into the city limits, and even had to confirm to the occasional nosy bystander that he found the woman like this and was taking her to the hospital. Had he said nothing, they would have probably called the ISOs on him, not that he would have blamed him. A man casually carrying an unconscious woman over his shoulder was an unusual sight to see. Oh how fun that would be!

Finally, he had made it through the doors of the hospital. All that was left to do was to get this woman some much-needed medical attention. He approached the counter and called for assistance. Surely they would recognize the woman that was slung over his shoulder. Unbeknownst to Njorth, she had walked into the hospital with a one Frank West a little over a week ago.

"Hello, anyone? I could use some assistance. I found this woman lying out cold out in the wilderness. She's alive and breathing, but completely unresponsive."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: Emergency!

Post by Dr. SALLI on Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:06 am

Friday the 13th. It was a horrible day, possibly one of the worst days to ever come about on the calendar! Nurse Floyd had attempted to talk Dr. SALLI into letting him take the day off, but she'd insisted, as she did every year, that he was just being superstitious. Its just a Friday. Like every other Friday. It just happens to have a 13 on it, as designated by a calendar. Its not like a holiday, Nurse Floyd. And you're not getting the day off just because you think its unlucky. What did Salli know? Floyd was pretty sure that, as a robot, she wasn't even programmed to be able to have superstitions! And so it was that the Nurse came to work, decked out in as many good luck charms as he could find. Around his neck dangled a horse shoe, arranged of course so that it looked like the letter 'u', lest the luck run out of it. Behind each ear, he had a four leaf clover, and on his wrists dangled several rabbit's feet. He'd even spent his breaks running around outside in search of any ladybugs or crickets, of which he found one of the former and two of the latter. He had also snatched up 4 pennies that were head's up off the sidewalks, and during lunch he had grabbed a coworker's wishbone and broken it, luckily getting the larger broken half.

His little habits had gotten him some very odd, even a few concerned looks, though he paid it no mind. He had built up his luck 'karma', and as soon as the clock indicated that it was 12:01 am, Saturday the 14th, the Nurse had flopped his upper body across the desk and fallen into a deep slumber. It wasn't like people really came in this late into the night, right? Suddenly an unfamiliar voice rang in his ears and the young man jerked up off the desk with a startled yelp. "Huah! Nyah! Whaaah?!" He blinked his brown eyes for a moment, taking in his surroundings and finally absorbing what the man had said.

A woman who was not breathing, unresponsive? Floyd looked up at the strange man, then the woman over his shoulder. He recognized her slightly from about a week ago, she had been in the waiting room. "Oh. Right. Uh..." He rubbed his before he stood up and walked over, investigating the woman quizzically. She looked exactly like a mummy. "I'm not really seeing any signs of a head wound...is she some sort of...mummy?" He grabbed onto her head lightly, trying to feel for any lumps, but what he felt seemed only to be bandages. "You sure she's not just asleep...?" She seemed very out of it.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Njorth on Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:31 am

"If she's asleep, then she has to be extremely deep sleeper," Njorth responded. "I've checked, and she seems to be breathing, but I can't wake her up. I've tried to several times, and you would think that the bumpy ride over my shoulder would cause her to stir at least a tiny bit. It's where I found her that I'm concerned about. I found her while I was studying the local plant life out in the wilderness. She was all alone, and an attacker could have passed by and thought her to be an easy target. I'm not exactly sure what was done to her, though, as I could find no signs of physical injury. Maybe she somehow did it to herself, I don't know, but that seems very unlikely."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Wed Jul 09, 2014 4:44 am

"Don't underestimate how deeply people can sleep. One time my friend Tyson from med school suddenly collapsed, and we all though he had died or had a heart attack. We called the ambulance, they came to check him out, took him to the emergency room to run all sorts of tests and he woke up hours later. It was just exam week, and he'd tired himself out! He was sleeping so deeply, not a thing any of us did was waking him up. Though I guess this lady isn't Tyson..." The Nurse took a step forward and again looked her over. So this man had found her out in the woods. Not exactly a spot where most people would go to sleep, no. "Hm...follow me, we're gonna go to a waiting room."

Floyd led the way, opening the door and directing for Njorth to place Olabisi on the bed in the room. "Honestly, with the stuff that happens here, it could be anything! I mean, it was Friday the thirteenth after all too. Maybe she ate a berry and she's been poisoned by it. Maybe she got bit by something. Or maybe the world's about to end again and one of the first signs is mummy people collapsing due to some sorta...aura...stuff. You'd be surprised what auras can do in this place! Make people crazy sometimes." The hospital had definitely had its busiest days during the days of Mr. Dark. Nurse Floyd cleared his throat for a moment as he grabbed a walkie talkie that had been strapped to his hip. "Hey Salli? We've got a mystery patient on our hands. She's out cold, no signs of physical injuries or anything, but she's unresponsive. We're in room 31, with a guy who found her out in the woods like this."

"Roger, I'm heading your way." In only a matter of minutes the robotic doctor walked inside, giving Nurse Floyd and Njorth both a nod before she came to Olabisi's side, momentarily bewildered by the patient. "I'm not sure if she'll react to nanobots...not with skin like this..." It did replicate cells, so it was possible...just odd. Dr. SALLI turned to Njorth and gave him a nod once more. "I am Doctor SALLI, is there anything else you can tell me about her condition?"
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Njorth on Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:42 am

"I see your point," Njorth said, nodding in agreement. He had seen men and women alike in similar conditions after downing much too many servings of mead in one sitting. It was not exactly an uncommon occurrence where he was from. Floyd directed Njorth to follow him, and he was led into one of the patient rooms, where he was instructed to lay her down on the bed. He did so as gently as he could manage. If she was hurt, he did not wish to injure her further. The doctor arrived in a matter of minutes, and had some questions for Njorth.

"I think what I've told the nurse here just about covers it," he began. "I found her in an unusual spot, out in the woods. She was on her stomach face first in the grass. I tried to get a response from her but was unsuccessful, and I was concerned that she might be dead. When I flipped her over, though, I could hear her breathing. It's very shallow breathing, but she is breathing."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:01 am

Dr. SALLI listened to what the man said. This young woman had been founded, passed out in the woods. She had been so unresponsive that the man had thought her dead, only to find that she was breathing shallowly. Unconscious, found in the forest, still breathing. No signs of injury. "It sounds like she is in a coma-like state. Perhaps triggered by something or someone in the forest. The abilities of the citizens, animals, and even plants here vary greatly. Its also possible that this is a natural state, perhaps one for healing from damage. Either way, I believe we must treat this like a coma, perhaps with a dose of nanobots. Just in case there is brain damage." The nurse nodded in agreement and left the room, leaving just the Doctor, the man, and the unconscious woman.

"Follow me, and I'll take you and her to a more...appropriate hospital room. There is no telling how long this may last...but we'll keep her body stabilized here. If you leave me some contact information, I may be able to call you and let you know when she wakes up. If you want to know, of course." The Doctor opened the door. "Will you be alright to carry her, or should I get a gurney? Its just down the hall."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Njorth on Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:14 pm

"A coma, hm?"  Njorth asked, scratching his chin. "That would certainly make sense, but that's not good at all, even worse that we have no idea what could've caused it. Maybe she can give us an idea when she wakes up? At this point, it's starting to sound more and more like she was attacked. We might need to really look into that." He picked the mummy woman up gently, carefully slinging her over his shoulder. "Lead the way. I've carried her a long way, but of course I don't mind carrying her just a little more, especially if we're getting her out of this."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri Jul 11, 2014 6:28 am

"Yes, I was hoping she would be able to tell us when she woke up." She was the only one they could turn to for answers here. The only one who knew for sure what had happened to her. If even she did not know, then perhaps this would be a mystery for the ages. "Whatever attacked her could still be in the area you found her in. However, I'm not made for fighting and my job is here. I can't quite leave to go and find whoever did this." She barely had much of a private life, not that she really cared. And she supposed after carrying her all the way to the city in the first place, taking the woman to another room was easy as pie. Dr. SALLI nodded and led the way, to a more fitting room. A bed, an actual one this time, was forefront in the room, as were multiple machines and a television, and chairs for visitors.

"We'll have to treat her like we would a coma patient, and that would be taking care of her physical needs. Nutrition, safety, all of that. Nurse Floyd should be here soon with an IV for her. While we wait for him, I'd like to try an injection of nanobots. See if that may help at all..." The Doctor walked over to a counter and began to prepare a syringe.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Njorth on Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:42 am

Njorth laid the mystery woman down on the bed. He turned to observe Sally as she prepared the syringe. He was not used to this kind of medicine. It was quite fascinating to him, and he wondered how effective it could be in comparison to the medical care of his home world. Typically a patient would look into potions or the services of a healer. And people tried to claim that Restoration isn't a valid school of magic! Resoration spells were the first he ever learned, courtesy of his mother. She was a midwife, and there were times where her clients could have very well died if not for them.

"All this advanced technology is so new to me, but I love it," he commented. "You see, we're not quite this advanced where I'm from. Far from it, actually. We didn't use electricity for light like you do, and you either traveled by horse-drawn carriage or walked."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Tue Jul 22, 2014 1:04 am

The syringe was now prepared, though Dr. SALLI turned to Njorth curiously as he admitted that his world lacked the technology that Portal Breach had. "Quite a few people are the same as you. In terms of not being used to technology and also loving it." She herself was obviously technology, and had only known Portal Breach as her home. Njorth's world sounded quite interesting though! "Sounds like a lot to get used to here." She said with a light smile. She held the syringe in her metal fingers, optics glancing down at it lightly as she approached Olabisi's side. "The technology we have is very useful, and quite wonderful...but I'm afraid its not perfect. Especially when magic or supernatural entities are involved." Trying to give one young man an injection of nanobots nearly made him explode, and she once had to turn away a young man and his gruff body guard/girlfriend due to the hospital not having a cure for lycanthropy.

Even now, with this woman seemingly made of bandages, she had no way of knowing if this injection would do anything for the girl. Steadily, she brought it down and injected her arm. Her optics watched carefully, for any sign of stirring or waking up, or injuries being healed. When there was no immediate reaction though, she took that to mean that there were no physical injuries at play here. "Hmm..." It was about then that the Nurse walked back in, pushing an IV bag attached to a pole over to Olabisi's bedside. He held the end of the IV, staring down at Olabisi's arm.

"...So uh...does she even have veins? Or should I just..." He mimed a slight stabbing motion. The robotic Doctor sighed.

"I suppose. At least try to aim for a spot where you might think there's a vein?" Fluids had to be dripped into this woman's systems somehow. Otherwise she may die of dehydration. ...Assuming she needed hydration in the first place.
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Njorth on Tue Jul 22, 2014 9:09 am

Njorth shrugged.

"Believe me, I tried to revive her myself. I'm well-versed in the art of Restoration magic. That would be healing magic. My mother was a midwife, so she taught it to me, you see. It's just... I don't know how to explain it, or even what to make of it, but my magic doesn't seem to be working like it used to. Try as I did, I couldn't get it to work. But the stranger part is, I tried an ice spell, and it worked just fine. I don't know what's going on with my Restoration spells, but I can't help but wonder if this land is somehow responsible for it, for interfering with my ability to cast spells."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Magic didn't work, medicine didn't work. What else was there besides healing magic and medical science? All she could think of was rest, and perhaps whatever this affliction was needed rest to have her recuperate. If so, they would try to keep an eye on her and keep her healthy while she rested. However long that would take, she had no answers. Though it seems there was another explanation for why Njorth's magic did not work.

"Well, you're right about that one. If you've only come here recently and your magic is on the fritz, that's because this place makes you weaker. You can get stronger, by fighting and all of that, think of it like exercise! But until then...yeah, you're gonna be weaker than before. Me, I've never had any powers like that so I was lucky." The nurse explained before shuffling off to the side.

Dr. Salli looked Olabisi over before covering her with a blanket. "We've done as much as we can do. You can leave now, though you can return to check on her if you wish. Unless you need some medical assistance too?"

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:09 pm