Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

The Cure for Vampirism?..

Post by Amalan on Fri Oct 31, 2014 2:18 pm

DATE: OCTOBER 31ST, 2014
    TIME: JUST AFTER 2 PM

Ah, Halloween. It was some kind of holiday around here, apparently, one where you dressed up in costume and the children got candy. Amalan had to admit, it sounded like fun. Such a holiday wasn't exactly a thing back in his world. Given the circumstances of the holiday, the elf wasn't exactly sure if it was the best day to go to the hospital about his problem. Any insistence that he was indeed a vampire could very well be waved off as some kind of lame Halloween joke, but his situation was all too real for him. Yes, Amalan was indeed a vampire, and he was growing tired of it. Really, to say that he was growing tired of it would be an understatement. His turning was an accident to begin with. Never in his right mind would he have wanted to become a vampire. There have been stories of people who became vampires on their own free will back in Tamriel, but in his opinion, they were completely out of their minds.

Vampirism was nothing short of a curse. Amalan highly detested any work of fiction that dared try to claim otherwise. No, being a vampire wasn't "fun" at all. Why would anyone want to live a life like his? A life of running the risk of infecting others with his bite, a life of rejection when asked for a blood donation, a life of this dreadful sun allergy?! He didn't care about the circumstances of the holiday. The vampire had had enough. Today was the day he would take a step towards fixing his problem, a step towards a cure.

Swallowing any remaining apprehension, the elf entered the hospital. Once inside, he saw a person posted at the front desk. He could only assume that this was the person that he needed to inquire with.

"Excuse me," he said, "is there any way that I might be able to see one of your doctors? It's... rather urgent."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: The Cure for Vampirism?..

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:01 pm

Ah, Halloween! Back on Earth, it had been one of Nurse Floyd's most favorite holidays. Christmas was great and all, but sometimes 'Santa Claus' didn't have enough money to give him many gifts. Not that Floyd would have ever complained about it, he knew 'Santa' tried his very hardest. Halloween though, it didn't matter how much money they made! It was the neighbors supplying the candy, and if they knew what was good for them, they'd give out the candy. Many happy memories, and more than a few dentist visits...it was totally worth it. Halloween had taken a much more cautious note on Portal Breach, however. Here, there were real werewolves, vampires, demons and all other doohickeys walking around all the time! Granted, that was every day. But Halloween was supernatural and junk! What if it made them scarier? Creepier? Hungrier? One of these days, a disaster was going to happen on Halloween, just you wait! But Nurse Floyd was prepared, oh yes!

Prepared here meaning that the Nurse was seated behind the desk, nose in the newspaper while decked out in his Halloween-y best. A pair of sharp canines poked out of his mouth, fake blood applied to the corners of his mouth and dribbling down his chin. His normal scrubs were still his main outfit, though he'd rubbed fake blood and made bloody handprints on them for special effects, and his hair had been slicked back and styled up, almost like Edward Cullen's pompadour. And hanging from his shoulders was a red and black vampire cape with a flared out collar. The day the monsters went crazy on Halloween, Floyd was going to be ready. They'd march in here and think he was one of them! Foolproof! The Nurse tapped his pen on the desk as he squinted at the paper, trying to figure out where he could put a 4.

?? wrote:"Excuse me, is there any way that I might be able to see one of your doctors? It's... rather urgent."

"Eh?" The newspaper came down and Floyd blinked at the unfamiliar face on the other side of the desk. Pointy ears, dark skin, orange eyes? Was this a costume or a normal fella? "How urgent is rather urgent? You look like you're fine to me." No bleeding, no gushing wounds. What did he need to see a Doctor about?
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Amalan on Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:36 pm

Amalan facepalmed, groaning annoyedly. Oh gods, here it comes, the moment he was absolutely dreading. he was going to have to somehow convince this guy that he was really a vampire. Literally, an actual vampire.

"Listen," he began reluctantly, "I know you have this holiday going on, and you might not believe me at first, but you have to listen to me." The elf whispered to the nurse. "I... No joke, I'm a vampire. Where I come from, vampirism is caused by a disease. If harbored in the body for too long, it progresses into vampirism. At that point, it becomes incurable by normal means."

He paused for a moment.

"That's why I came to you. I don't know what else to do. Your technology is far more advanced than the technology in more world. I don't even think you could call it technology. I can only assume that your medicine is just as advance. Please help me. I'm tired of living like this. Even worse, I run the risk of infecting others with the disease every time I feed, and people aren't always willing to make themselves bleed for me."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri Nov 07, 2014 9:49 pm

Floyd's eyebrows only seemed to raise more at the facepalm. What was he so annoyed about? Was this guy trying to get some free drugs from the hospital and was now annoyed that he'd been busted? Ha! Not on Floyd's watch, pal! Nope, Floyd was too smart for that. Cunning, quickwitted...a real people person. Though the nurse's eyebrow did quirk inquisitively when Amalan pointed out that they were having a holiday. What did that have to do with anything...?

Amalan wrote:"I... No joke, I'm a vampire."

"Vam...pire...?" The nurse stared, before subtly reaching down, hand slipping inside a bag that was resting between his foot and the desk. Feeling around for a moment, the nurse whipped his hand back up and shoved a bulb of garlic in Amalan's face. Remember how he was prepared for the possible uprising and terror of the supernatural creatures...? "Don't feed on me! We have extra blood in the bloodbank, you can have some of that! Just don't cause any trouble and we won't have a problem!" Comprende, vampire?

Amalan wrote:"That's why I came to you."

"Uh..." The garlic lowered at that. "Wait, you want to be cured?" Well that was...interesting. The nurse withdrew his hand and slipped the garlic back into his bag before lacing both hands beneath his chin, contemplating. This vampire seemed to be telling the truth... "I'm sorry, but we can't cure that stuff. Its not like a normal disease, where we can manipulate it to find a cure. Its all...supernatural and junk. We had a couple come in here a few years ago, the guy had been bitten by a werewolf and he wanted a cure, we couldn't help him either. If you're bitten by anything here, the only cure is to die. You usually come back without it. If you had it before you ever came here...I think only magic stuff can help. And vampirism and lycanthropy isn't always the same across all these universes. What might cure one version of it might not cure another." He shrugged, a little helpless. "The only thing we can do is offer vampires like you, blood from our blood banks. Gives you an easy, harmless way to get the blood, you know?" Vampires were still patients after all. As long as they weren't turning evil and attacking everyone on Halloween.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Amalan on Fri Nov 07, 2014 11:01 pm

"Hey, hey!" Amalan exclaimed, abruptly backing away from the startled nurse. "I'm not going to hurt you, alright? I promise. I'm not here to feed on anyone either."

Fortunately for the vampire, the nurse found him to be sincere. He let out a sigh of relief. Honestly, though, he could hardly believe that this nurse believed that he was actually a vampire in the first place. At the very least, he thought that he would have to show him his fangs.

The nurse gave him good news and bad news. The good news was that the hospital could easily provide an alternative to feeding. The bad news was that they had no way to cure him of his vampirism. He did, however, bring up that there might be another way to cure it. Unfortunately for Amalan, though, it would involve him dying.

"Thanks for your help. I'll definitely be making use of your blood bank. As for dying to cure myself, though?.. That, I'm going to have to think about. I'm not sure if I'd want to go as far as killing myself for a cure."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri Nov 14, 2014 7:42 pm

"I'm gonna hold you to that promise." The nurse replied, only semi-serious, though he still regarded the vampire cautiously. Granted, this guy didn't really look like any vampires Floyd had ever seen, met, or seen on TV. The dark skin for one thing, those pointy ears, and orange eyes? He looked more like some weird elf. But if a guy comes up saying he's a vampire, Nurse Floyd was going to assume he was telling the truth. After all the things he had seen, from a giant car demon to a robotic werewolf, he'd take this man's word. And if he was lying, hey, he was wasting his own time along with Floyd's.

"No problem, its my job." He tried not to grimace at finding out that this man apparently did not know about the blood bank. Don't focus on the people he may have killed while he was here, noooo, focus on the now! Yes! "If you need a fix now, I could always take you over to it." The nurse's head tilted to the side as the vampire admitted that he was unsure about dying in order to cure myself. "Keep in mind that that only works if you were bitten here. If you were bitten back in your world, you're just gonna die and pop back up as a vampire again." And possibly track down the nurse who 'misinformed' him... "If one of the vampires here bit you though, you can definitely cure yourself that way."
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Amalan on Tue Nov 25, 2014 5:44 pm

"Oh," Amalan sighed. "I guess I can forget about that solution, then. I turned long before I fell into the portal."

It would be worthless for the vampire to try and hide his disappointment. It was obvious to anyone who looked his way. What could he say, though? It was definitely worth asking, at least. If anyone knew their stuff about things like this, it was the local doctors.

"I do think I could go for a fix in your blood bank right about now, though. I'm at least glad to know that there's a safer way for me to go about getting blood around here."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:03 am

Eeyep, that was what Nurse Floyd had figured. Most of the vampires here had been turned before ever coming to the Breach. He was actually unsure if he'd ever met with anyone who'd been bitten here, aside from that one couple who were attacked by a werewolf. Either the vampires here had great restraint, a possibility since the Hospital supplied blood, or maybe people just didn't come to the hospital when they were bitten. "Sorry, buddy." At least he'd found out now, sooner was better than later, right?

Though hearing that the vampire was up for a fix of blood, the nurse gave him an affirmative nod. He stood up from his chair, cape giving a flamboyant flourish behind him. "Alright! Just follow me and I'll take you down to the blood bank. I'll need you to give me some of your information so I can put you in the system as an approved vampire for getting blood but we can focus on that after getting you some blood." Because oy, the nurse did not feel like keeping Amalan from his blood and making him want the blood that flowed in his own veins. With a brief wave, the nurse walked through the double doors and into the hallway.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:20 am