Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

So We Found This Dead Guy...

Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

So We Found This Dead Guy...

Post by Universal NPC on Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 pm

February 20th, Year 5 -- 23:12 (11:12 PM)
    Takes place shortly after this thread.

"Is... is he dead?" Laura looked over as she tried her best to keep away from her friend and the... other passenger. The cab driver didn't even bother asking what was going on and was focused on heading to the hospital as asked, but Monique stared at the... possibly dead person with a look of surprise and shock. Not fear, but shock. Was... this person really dead? He didn't move, his body was stiff and he had no breath to him. He looked emaciated as well, and like he hadn't slept for days. One of Monique's fears would be that the police would ask her questions, like she had something to do with it. Or what if they bothered Laura? She had a job, she couldn't go to jail! They didn't do anything, they were just trying to be nice!

"I think we should've just stayed inside and watched whatever you wanted to watch," the woman sighed to her friend, obviously drained. "It's my fault, I should've gotten some stuff to drink... but maybe they can help him...? I mean, he looks really dead..." Not comforting! "Let's just see if they can take his body and... do something... I know I heard him talking, though!... I couldn't hear what he was saying, but he was talking!" The women had worry and dread all over their faces as they looked at Alasdair still in confusion, shock and fear, all mixed together to make a terrible feeling. Laura looked at the tag that was on his neck and tugged at it, but it refused to move or break off, and she immediately released it, feeling it... wasn't right.

"We're at the hospital, ladies. That'll be 21 credits. And a tip, if you don't mind. Don't personally like chauffeuring dead people around." Laura scrunched her face as Monique got out of the car swiftly and went straight to the doors. "With an attitude like that, you'll never get any good tips, or a girlfriend!" With that, Laura followed and the two of them went straight for the counter. Monique didn't know what to do with the... body, and just... laid it on the counter, hoping someone would... maybe help them faster. "H-hey! Is anyone here? I... we need some help! Someone's dead! I think." The few people waiting in the emergency room looked over at them with various expressions, and Laura merely covered her face best she could.

"SERVICE NOW, PLEASE!"
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: So We Found This Dead Guy...

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:17 pm

Friday, Friday, gotta get down on Friday...

The nurse hummed under his breath as he scribbled and wrote down a few things, keeping track of who was coming in, who was leaving, and who was still waiting to be looked at. Just your normal, average Friday on Portal Breach! In fact, things had been pretty slow, not that Floyd would complain. Oh no, this was fine for him. He barely had time to look up when the doors opened though, as suddenly a body was laid down across the counter. The nurse leapt up out of his chair, both hands grasping at the desk. "THE HELL?" Two young women were in front of the counter, both looking quite anxious. As for their unconscious friend...well, he kinda looked dead. Which was precisely their worry.

"Well, I'm not exactly a necromancer..." He approached, and gave the body a swift poke, before pulling a stethoscope out from around his neck and searching for a heartbeat. Mm...mm...yeah, no heart beating in here. For all intents and purposes, this here was a dead body. However... "Most dead bodies turn into code when they die though...and this place has citizens of all kinds of species." There also didn't look to be any wounds on him. His skin was pretty grey, he looked a bit starved and he certainly wasn't breathing...but that may not necessarily mean he was 'dead'. "Where'd ya find this guy? Maybe that'll help..."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:06 pm

"THE HELL?"

Someone was there! Good! Monique looked over the counter and looked frantic as she tried to quickly explain things, "w-we found this guy and we think he's dead, can you please help us??" Luckily for them, the nurse was much more calm despite this... corpse on his counter. He gave the body a poke, and when there was no response, he took out his stethoscope to search for any signs of life. Laura bit her nails while Monique clasped her hands together with a horrified, yet hopeful look on her face. The news was not what they wanted to hear, but before they started to freak out even more, Nurse Floyd was smart enough to explain some things to them.

Right... they knew about other species, but... "I feel a little dumb now." "Don't be, Laura, we just... to be frank, we've never actually came across someone like... that. We knew about them, but we were just never so close to someone that could be like that, we were terrified..." "That's still no excuse..." Monique rolled her eyes and gave her friend a gentle, friendly nudge while the nurse asked them where they found him. That's right, they were so panicked, they forgot to state that, didn't they? Would it really have mattered, though...?

"We were walking down to a local bar and we heard him groaning in an alley. He was covered in snow and he was mumbling something, right...?" "Definitely, but I couldn't make out what it was. We didn't know if he was actually dead or alive, so we... brought him here! Hoping maybe someone could help him. But if he's just..." boy, she didn't want to sound rude, but it was turning out that way! She tried her hardest to word things correctly so she wouldn't offend anyone, "... undead? Then I guess... we took him to the wrong place?" Monique gave an awkward smile that quickly went away as she rubbed her arm consciously.

"There's not much we can do, and we panicked... but at least we did the 'right' thing--or tried to! But, besides all this... is there anything else we can do? What will you do with him?" The two girls looked at the nurse with concern in their eyes, but more so relief now that they knew they were definitely not responsible for someone's death, and even if they were pretty flighty, they at least tried to do something good. They awaited to hear what the nurse would say, and if there was nothing left for them to do, they'd most likely just... go home and drink. Drink some hard stuff.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Feb 28, 2015 2:05 am

"Well...I can definitely try!" Nurse Floyd wasn't really sure what the best way to help would be exactly, but he would try to figure it out! The nurse waved a hand at the ladies. "Nah, it's fine! Hey, if I hadn't been here for years, I'd be preparing a coffin for this little guy. We just have a lot of creatures come to the hospital...all sorts of demon and talking candy, it gets REAL crazy." The grey skin and pointy ears definitely pointed to this guy not being human, that combined with not disappearing into code or having any outward injuries...seemed to point to him being something else.

The nurse listened as they recalled their tale of finding this guy. They'd found him in an alley, covered in snow, and he'd been mumbling something. "Kinda sounds like he got too cold or something...if he's undead or something, he might still be in there." Floyd rubbed his chin, eyeing his new patient. The two women seemed unsure if they had done the right thing in bringing him here, wondering what they should have done instead. Floyd ran his fingers through his hair. "Tell ya the truth, I'm not so sure either. I'm not good at this supernatural thing...I'm not sure if there's anywhere else he could go. But I could try and warm him up, see if that helps? If a few days go by and he starts rotting like a normal dead body, I guess that answers that question. But if we keep him warm and he eventually wakes up, maybe he can help us out in making him get better!" If he needed any specific diet thing, they could get it for him. Like blood, mushrooms, metal, whatever! "If you want, you could leave me your number and I could keep you updated."
    Universal NPC
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Post by Universal NPC on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:15 pm

Talking what?...
    Best not to ask. They could only handle one odd thing at a time.

The nurse offered to keep him here and try to do what he can to help the guy out. This was good, as the two girls were getting a little worn out from their sudden excursion--it was just kind of surprising and not expected! "Of course, here's my number." Offering to call when he woke up was nice, and even if the girls wanted to forget this happened, it would be good to know of his condition anyway! "Since there's nothing much else we can do, I guess we should probably go. Thank you for being patient with us, we... we're not used to dealing with stuff like this." It must've been hard to believe that these two girls may have been here for a while and had yet to see someone so strange or out of place... to this degree, at least.

"Thank you, Nurse.... Floyd! Thank you for your help." It took her a second as she read the name-tag, but with the two girls ready to leave, they said good-byes and went off to continue their night. "I guess that was one of the more exciting things we've ever done, huh?" "You mean besides blowing up the school bathrooms?" Both of the girls snickered at that as they called down another cab to come get them.

_____

Monique and Laura have left. It's just Alasdair, now.
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 17

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Sat Feb 28, 2015 7:34 pm

Oh...

There's weird noises... it sounds like I'm underwater...
    I think people are talking... mm... What could they be talking about...?

Alasdair wasn't 'out-cold', but he couldn't hear words. He couldn't feel anything, either. So everything that had happened... he didn't feel, hear, smell or even know about. All he knew was that he heard slightly garbled words and that was it.

I should open my eyes...
    ... That's weird... I wonder why I can't...

His eyelids made no twitching motion or moved as he attempted to open them and remained motionless. It was like his body wouldn't let him take control for some reason. Had he... gone brain-dead? Was his brain not reacting for some reason?... Oh no, what did I do?... It seemed like he was locked inside his own head almost, but he didn't see anything or feel anything. It was just darkness. Maybe this was what he got for getting so upset? Alasdair was so distraught with his memory loss, he thought himself useless.

Where was he, though?

He was going to Lunette's, right? To ask questions... but he couldn't have been there. Was he? Wouldn't they have found a way to snap him out of this by now? Maybe he had to do it himself.

BIP!

In the darkness, Alasdair seemed to sink, like in water. He looked up and saw a small shimmering light, but it got further and further away from him. Below, he saw nothing, just darkness--unnatural darkness--that just kept moving up towards him, closer and closer. Right, now would be a good time to swim! Alasdair started out flailing a bit, unsure of actually how to swim, but managed to make an odd breast-stroke as he tried to swim upwards to the light. It didn't feel like he was making progress, but the darkness seemed to be going away.

He could hear voices--
    But they were still muffled.

He had to swim harder! Flail his arms and kick his legs faster and faster until they fell off, if he had to! He didn't want to fall back down into the dark. It wasn't scary, but... it reminded him of something. A sensation. A distant and forgotten memory he couldn't... bring up. Was nothing simple for him? Could he not just remember things like before--so easily he brought up subjects and things in reference to what others asked, like a walking, talking dictionary or reference guide--and yet he just... his mind was becoming frail.

It was this darkness, wasn't it? Swim... swim faster... Gotta go to the light... Light is good... He just kept swimming, but damn it, that light! It was too far away, and wasn't growing at all! The darkness just... it was neverending! I'm... getting tired...? My arms... they feel weird... WEAK. FEEBLE. BROKEN. Words scrolled past him for a brief moment before he blinked rapidly, trying to figure out what just happened. It seemed to alert him enough to start the swimming again.

It was still such a long way, though.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:25 am

Nurse Floyd took the number from Monique, stashing it away for later. He gave them a nod and an easy smile. "If there's any change in his situation, I'll let you two know." He gave them a wider grin and shrugged. "Hey, it's all part of the job. You ladies did a good thing, bringing this guy in here. Who knows, he might have frozen over out there and burst into code." His body did look rather small...perhaps it wouldn't have been able to take it, if he froze to...un...death. "You two have a good night, okay? I'll call you!" Perhaps more then once, because both of those women were rather pretty. Floyd waved to them until they were out of sight, before looking down at his patient.

Welp. Here he was. Stuck with a mostly dead body. Can't say he ever thought this would happen when he first started medical school. ...Of course, he didn't predict the whole 'being taken to a new universe and working under a robot' thing either. His future had always been full of money, a big house, several game systems, and more food then he could ever want. Maybe a wife or kids or something, he'd never exactly dated anyone seriously enough to consider such a thing. Well, the future wasn't exactly written in stone or anything...and his path right now wasn't too bad either. Floyd carefully edged his arms beneath the cold body until he had him balanced in a bridal carry. Very limp...yeah, he could see how those women thought this was a dead guy.

For a moment his gaze shifted to the paper on the front of the guy's shirt, transfixed on it. It looked like some note had been stuck to him. Maybe it had an address on it? He leaned down and squinted to read it. Mm...looked like...Chinese? Something like that. He sighed, and resumed carrying the body into an empty hospital room and laying him down in the bed. The nurse pulled the sheets and thin blanket up to Alasdair's chin, glancing around the room for a moment. He definitely wanted to keep him warm, but...what else should he do? An IV would usually be typical, in case the patient had become dehydrated, but this patient was undead. Pumping him full of fluid would probably just fill him with fluid. Floyd frowned, and turned around to search around inside of the hospital closet, before pulling out a folded fleece blanket. He laid that over the body as well, tucking him in before he left the room. He had to find Dr. SALLI and tell her what was going on...
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Mon Mar 09, 2015 12:09 pm

Now, one might ask, "but Floyd, you're in a hospital! Aren't there always dead bodies aboot?" The answer to that is no. That's why there's a morgue, far down into the basement, to be extra spooky and to keep all the bodies.

---

The darkness seemed endless and the swimming sensation was still present as Al attempted to reach the light he saw ahead of him. It still seemed impossible, though. He swam and swam... and swam some more. But he got no closer than he was and no further back. It was like he was... stuck. A weird feeling overcame him as he felt like he was floating without aiding himself, but the sensation did not last long and he was back to the sinking feeling. In fact, the sinking feeling felt more violent, and it seemed to finally be making progress... away from the light. It was difficult to move and he felt somewhat confined, as his limbs wouldn't cooperate and he just... sank. Sank until the light was far enough into the distance that it became a pin-prick and nothing more.

THUMP!

Eyes jolted awake, Alasdair was greeted by fluorescent lighting and being in a bed. His eyes darted around, trying to figure out where he was, but he was clueless. Wherever it was, it seemed kind of... bland. Beeping from somewhere could be heard, and the bed was... odd. How did I get here...? Couldn't recall a thing, now that he thought about it! What was he even doing? And where was this? He was almost tempted to ask if he was still in Portal Breach, but considering it didn't feel any different, he'd assume that wasn't the case.

... I can't remember. It's no use. It really felt like that as he sank back into the bed. This place wasn't welcoming, but it didn't feel dangerous. Besides, who would go through the trouble of tucking in a dead person? Why can't I remember things...? It should be so easy for me, but it's so difficult. Maybe my brain is just trying to fall to pieces on me. He blinked and shook his head slightly, no, it wouldn't be my brain. Is it something else? Soul came to mind, but that seemed so... Inconceivable? There were so many nagging thoughts in the back of his mind, it was hard to focus--and when he attempted to focus on the nagging thoughts, the just... disappeared.

"Auuugh..." wiggling his arms free, Alasdair rubbed his face and moaned. It was like playing 'hide-and-seek' with his own thoughts, and it was becoming irritating. I should go find Sutekh... No! Wait! I wasn't going home, Al jolted up and sat, looking at the covers, I was going to Lunette to ask questions! That's right! A small smile crossed his face until he realized he had forgotten what he was going to ask her. He facepalmed himself and ran his fingers through his hair in irritation before trying to think of what else he could do.

First thing would probably be to find someone and ask them what was going on and where he was. He didn't get up immediately at this thought, and lingered in the bed for a few minutes with his hands over his face. A sighing sound was heard before he actually bothered to free himself from the blankets and touch the floor. His shoes made a slight tapping noise as he walked along the floor and looked around, noticing this place was very very sterile. He couldn't exactly smell it, but just looking at everything made him feel... twitchy. Just slightly.

Exiting the room, it was just halls and doors and beeping noises. Huh! Eyes glanced up to the signs on the walls where arrows pointed in all directions, E.R.? Surgery? Surgery?... Oh wait... this was a thing! A... what was the name? He had never been in one as far back as he could remember, but he knew what surgeries usually meant. Hospital, that's the word. I should look for someone to help with directions... The beeping noises were a little irritating for some reason, so Al began to walk around cluelessly with his ears covered slightly, hoping to decrease the noise intake.

So long as no blood-packets were spread around, though, he should be fine!
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:54 am

((Sorry this took a while!))

Unfortunately for Alasdair, the noise intake was going to see an addition. The sound of heels clacking on the floor, that is. Dr. SALLI was walking through the halls, optics halfway trained on the clipboard in her arms as she checked down the list of patients. Most everyone was checked on and given the assistance they required, though there was still the mysterious wildcard. AKA, the apparently dead person that Nurse Floyd had attended to. The nurse had by now, gone back to his apartment, but he had informed Dr. SALLI about the odd circumstances around his arrival, as well as giving her the number of the women who had brought the person in. Might as well check and see if their condition had changed...

Dr. SALLI moved the clipboard, holding it to her side and settling her optics squarely on her surroundings. Her processor took note of the room where the man was, and she began to mentally compose the quickest route with the map that was downloaded into her processor. As she turned the corner, however, SALLI was quite confused to find a man wandering the halls. It looked to be her patient, in fact! She frowned slightly, taking note of the way he covered the sides of his head, like he was covering his ears. Was he alright...? Perhaps concussed? Dr. SALLI approached. "Excuse me, are you alright? Do you need medical assistance?" If he was up and walking around, she'd need to find out exactly what had happened...it wasn't everyday that people brought in a seemingly dead man off the streets.
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Sat Mar 21, 2015 1:20 pm

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep. BEEP.

The infernal beeping noise... it still managed to wriggle its way through Al's fingers and puncture his ears. It wasn't even the fact that it was repetitive that bothered him, just... something about it made him uneasy, and he didn't like it at all. Pushing his hands harder over his ears didn't seem to do too much to change the volume of things, but he heard a strange noise beyond the beeping.

"Excuse me, are you alright? Do you need medical assistance?"

Huh? Sounded like someone was talking. He opened his eyes and turned, uncovering his ears much to his dismay and saw an automaton of some kind. It looked feminine and wore clothes, and seemed to be speaking to him. Alasdair blinked, a little confused and he twitched a bit every time a beep was heard, but he kept himself calm and collected enough to reply. "I'm fine--confused--but fine. I was brought here by mistake, I think..." Medical assistance, there wasn't really much anyone could probably do medically to help him. "I'm lost and I don't think I'm in the right state of mind," he admitted with a small frown, his eyes darting back and forth between the doctor before him and wherever the beeping kept coming from.

"Can you tell me how to get to the recreational district from here...? Or maybe the uh... residential area?" This was not an area he was familiar with, and even with admitting that his mind was currently not right with the world, Alasdair was eager to at least leave the area and get away from the noises of the machines. "I guess I could use a little help..." he said in a rushed whisper, feeling as though he probably gave off the wrong impression. Jittery, confused, paranoid; several unstable emotions seemed rather obvious to anyone who really looked for the signs, and Al was giving them off more and more.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:40 pm

((Sorry this took a while! I may have...accidentally forgot about this thread for a few days too << ))

The little man turned to look at her, uncovering his ears at the same time as he did so. Good, she was slightly worried he would have had trouble hearing her, with his ears covered. Dr. SALLI could hear a faint beeping in the distance, but after working here for so many years, the beeping was like white noise. The man, however, seemed to twitch with every beep. "Yes, the two young women who found you and brought you here mistook you for a recently deceased corpse." A definite mistake, since the young man was up and walking around! Though the lack of any life signs pointed to them being at least partially correct. The young man continued, his answers slightly worrying. He was confused, and he wasn't in the right state of mind, though he still had the presence of mind to realize such. She frowned in response. "You sound like you may be in a state of shock." He was found in the cold...would that have anything to do with it? "What do you remember, before coming here?" Despite her concern, she kept her tone level, casual. She didn't want to send him into a state of panic.

"There should be a map at the front desk, I could walk with you there." And get him away from the beeping machines. "Is there someone you are looking for, in the recreational or residential districts?" The idea of letting him leave to be alone was a definite bad one, it would probably lead to him passing out and being brought back. Or worse, considering his emotional state. He seemed to be getting progressive more anxious, and she gave him a soft smile before gesturing for him to follow. "I can help you get where you need to go, if you wish. I'd like to make sure you get there in one piece." And maybe if he had someone he stayed with, they could enlighten her...as he was now, asking him questions about what he was may exacerbate the situation or make him unstable.
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Mon Apr 13, 2015 1:06 am

So, two women had brought him here thinking he was dead? That seemed a little weird--who brings a dead body to a hospital? Was that common here? He paused and shook his head slightly and decided not to even bother asking. And a state of shock?... Alasdair rubbed his head, allowing his fingers to run through his hair as he thought about it. "Remember... uh... I..." Al blinked and tried to recall, he had just remembered before. Going to see a friend about something... but he couldn't remember what it was he was going to ask her. That was... the problem. "To be honest, I barely remember a lot of things of late. I fear I may be losing what's left of my mind..." An obvious frown followed as he stated that and looked down at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

The nice automaton stated there would be some maps of the city near the front desk, and he followed her quickly to get away from the beeping.

"I--was going to visit a friend to ask questions at a tavern, but I... don't know if that's such a good idea. Maybe I should go home..." Alasdair took both hands and rubbed his head a bit, trying to come to terms with what he should do and what was going on. Was it something a doctor could assist him with?... But his brain was far too gone, wasn't it? And he was undead, too. That was surely an issue, wasn't it...? The doctor spoke and hinted that she could stay with him and help, but he suddenly felt put on the spot by that. Was he really that unstable that he needed to be babysat?... He wouldn't hurt anyone, he had no urge to, he was just very unsure about everything, about his state of mind, whether he had a mind left or not.

Alasdair fell silent for several minutes and allowed the conversation to become awkward and completely stop altogether as he spaced out unintentionally. It took him a few minutes to realize he had gone so quiet, and spoke up with slight force, "I--I'm sorry, I've been... I've been spacing out a lot. What was the question?" Al felt a little... dumb for forgetting things so easily--and he didn't even recall what the automaton had asked him or told him before.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:00 pm

Dr. SALLI waited patiently for Alasdair's answer, the young man raking his fingers through his hair. His speech was halted, filled with quite a few pauses. Not that the robotic Doctor was going to rush him, she didn't have to go anywhere at the moment, but it was rather worrying. Especially when Alasdair admitted that he may have been losing his mind. Dr. SALLI tensed up, staring down at the man. "What do you mean by that? Losing what's left of your mind?" Was this related to his seemingly dead appearance? And most importantly...would he be dangerous, if he lost his mind? The patient looked small, young, but appearances were deceiving. "Do you think you may hurt yourself? ...Or others?" She asked carefully, attempting not to sound accusatory and suspicious.

The two walked towards the front desk, SALLI attempting to keep her pace slow enough for him to catch up. The beeping subsided and Alasdair mentioned that he had been on his way to see a friend at the tavern. Despite that, he seemed to want to go home instead, and Dr. SALLI sent him a gentle smile. "That would probably be best. It's rather late now...even if that tavern is still open, your friend might not be there anymore. And perhaps some rest that isn't in a hospital may do you some good." No annoying beeping to drill into his skull. It'd be a lot better then an alley as well.

Dr. SALLI gave him her offer, though silence soon grew between them instead. Up ahead, she could see the swinging doors that lead to the front desk and the lobby. She found her gaze turning downwards to Alasdair however, wondering if perhaps he just didn't hear her. He looked distracted...she blinked audibly when he spoke up, asking her to repeat the question. He had apparently started spacing out, and didn't catch it. The state of his mind was beginning to make her worry, but what was she to do? Give him pills of some kind? Take him to Dr. Animus? Even if the Doctor could psychoanalyze what was going on in the young man's head, he was a corpse. Medically, there wasn't much they could do for him. Whatever was happening seemed to be more...supernatural. "The question was, would you like some company on your way home?" They approached the doors and she held one open for him to go first, entering behind him and making a beeline behind the desk. She leafed through several piles of paper in the drawers before digging out a map of the City, handing it over. "If nothing else, maybe having someone to talk to could keep you grounded?"
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Wed May 27, 2015 7:36 pm

Yes, yes it would probably be in his best interest to head home and speak to Sutekh about what he was feeling and thought instead of waiting until the last minute. It wasn't really his way--waiting until the last second to bring up some important subject. That was more of Sutekh's forte. No, Alasdair was always the one thinking ahead... it just felt harder of late.

"What do you mean by that? Losing what's left of your mind? Do you think you may hurt yourself? ...Or others?"

Instead of going silent, Alasdair responded rather quickly, "n-no, it's not like that, I'd... never hurt anyone or myself..." He would hope not to, at least. "I mean... I don't really remember how long I've been like this. I thought maybe... maybe my memory has been hazy b-because of--" he paused and bit his lip once he realized he had stuttered, but continued, "I thought... maybe my memory has been hazy because of my current state...? My body has been petrified, but that doesn't... mean that things can't fade..." That was his theory, but whether he was right or wrong remained to be seen.

Whatever it was, Al felt a twinge of disappointment wash over him as he realized that this place could probably not assist him. He'd need to go somewhere else, or find someone else to relay his issues with. But the mechanical doctor was very kind to him and patient, too. He was glad for that.

"The question was, would you like some company on your way home? If nothing else, maybe having someone to talk to could keep you grounded?"

"I wouldn't want to pull you away from your work, especially if other people really need you, ma'am... I... I think I will be alright." It honestly did help that she was talking to him, even if he spaced out sometimes, as it kept him focused. About to ask for a map or some kind of direction, SALLI gave him a map--just what he really needed. The glazed over look seemed to instantly disappear as he saw the map and looked it over, almost awestruck. A map of the entire city! "Oh, thank you... this is something I've been looking for for a while..." The thought of finding one had often been pushed back for some other reason, but having an actual map in his hands left the Jiang-shi feeling a lot better.

"I apologize if I scared you or anyone else. I haven't been feeling very 'normal', but I assure you, it... it's nothing dangerous." Alasdair felt like he was lying, causing him to frown slightly. "I just need to get home, quickly, and speak to someone who... uh... could help with this sort of thing." Alasdair looked away and at the bright lights that were still lit around the city and the few individuals who braved this hour to walk along the sidewalks as a sharp feeling in his gut seemed to jab at him. Going silent for a moment, he wondered if it was guilt or something else.

The moment to ponder passed quickly and the undead turned to look at Dr. SALLI with a somewhat stern face, "thank you for letting me stay here temporarily. I'll go home where it's safe and figure this out." Hopefully the doctor was assured that he was in the right state of mind to go alone--he would not protest if she felt the need to walk with him--but he was set to leave with or without her.

Formally bowing in thanks, Alasdair started to walk off, a little more confident than when he was wandering the halls of the hospital, with map in hand and taking no detours. His destination was straight home.

___

I apologize for the lateness of this. If SALLI wishes to walk with him, that's fine! If not, you can certainly post once more if you feel the need to!
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Thu May 28, 2015 3:01 pm

((It's fine! I've been a little late responding to this thread anyway, so you're no worse then me~))

Dr. SALLI was relieved once Alasdair had explained the situation more. Though some used the term "losing their mind" to mean that they were going insane, it seems the case was more literal for the little corpse. Particularly the memories, which had always been fuzzy for him after he had become what he was now. Through his stuttered explanation, she gave him a gentle and encouraging smile. The state of his mind seemed to frighten him greatly, and it was indeed a scary concept. Dr. SALLI considered it quietly before responding. "Even without becoming petrified, memories are a very tricky thing. Over time, they fade more and more. Even my memories are not perfect. Though they are properly stored and recorded, they are also fragile." She had never recovered the missing memories from the time Skyler had lost control of her wirewolf side and torn Dr. SALLI to shreds. Nothing of importance had gone missing, it seems, but it was something that unnerved her. If she were in Alasdair's shoes... "I believe that you are correct..." Of course, SALLI had no idea how long Alasdair had been like this, but it was probable that this had merely been building over time. In any case, she sounded apologetic. It seemed there really was nothing she could do.

Dr. SALLI frowned to herself, Alasdair had a point. She had a hospital to overlook. Though the patients were in stable condition, what if something went wrong without her here? What if someone in critical condition came in? And yet...what about Alasdair? What if he wasn't alright, and he passed out again without anyone to help him? The Doctor had a responsibility to help people, and now she was in a situation where she'd have to decide which responsibility would be more important. It didn't take much thought to realize that the hospital was most important. Even if it made her feel uneasy...the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, but the few were still people. "If you're sure."

The site of the map excited Alasdair much more then she expected it would. Though the reason was due to his needing one for the longest time. Dr. SALLI let out a good-natured chuckle. "You're very welcome." Glad she could be of some use, even if it was just supplying him with a map. She did blink, taken aback at his apology. "Oh, it takes more then an undead patient coming in to scare me, you're fine. Those girls were a little spooked, but they'll be fine as well." Once it was a decent time, she'd call them and let them know that he was alright. Well...as close to alright as he could be, in any case. She did feel assured that whatever he was going through wasn't dangerous. The Doctor noticed the frown, but pinned it up to unhappiness about his condition. "Yes, that would be best." Since there were no blood transfusions or x-rays they could do for him, he was better off at home and in the hands of someone who knew what they were doing.

The small man looked out toward the city, gaze seemingly intense before he looked back to the robot Doctor. "You're welcome. And you are welcome to come back anytime." Maybe sometime in the future, there could be something the hospital could do for him. "Have a good night." She waved her hand in his direction, though when he formally bowed she stopped mid-wave, almost confused. Ah, yes. Some cultures bowed before leaving. Unsure whether to bow or curtsy, Dr. SALLI grabbed the ends of her lab coat and bent down into a curtsy. Out the door Alasdair went, and Dr. SALLI watched him for a few extra moments through the glass. He would be fine...she needed to focus on this building. With a brisk turn, the clack of heels echoed through the corridors as Dr. SALLI made her rounds. In any case, she'd be keeping her audio receptors to the ground to listen out for news of anyone finding a corpse in an alley.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:19 am