Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Re: Water Tribe Winter

Post by Sokka on Fri Aug 31, 2018 4:56 pm

“Yeah, just a bit,” coughed Sokka before pounding his chest just a bit more and nodding to show that he was okay…. and in agreement with Korra’s assessment of Naga having just the right amount of protective tissue. “I’m all right; thanks, though.” The two friends had encountered plenty of trials so far and would likely have to contend with many more whilst they were in this world, but this Water Tribe warrior had full confidence that they could handle it just fine.

As Korra and Sokka contemplated different kinds of jerky and accompanying flavors, the latter found his mouth watering at the prospect of trying new meats. “Ooh… I’m sure they would… and I could definitely go for that!”

Korra wasn’t the only one who saw how Naga had been staring with great intensity, but whilst she was the one who fed her companion, Sokka just chuckled softly and tore off another bite of his own jerky. “Hey, can you blame her? This stuff is great! Although we might have to get Naga her own jerky at that shop just to make sure we can eat our own.”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 34

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:59 am

"Alright, if you're sure. And you're welcome!" Korra responded with a nod, eyes watching him carefully to make sure he would be okay. His chest might burn for a bit, but he ought to be alright in a few minutes! The young woman relaxed back into her seat, offering her friend a reassuring smile. Each flavor of meat had its own taste, so surely new types of jerky would be amazing to try! Add in new flavors and you've got some great jerky potential! She laughed, grinning widely. "I'd love to compare the types of meat jerkies! I bet stuff like deer makes for a great jerky." The gamier the better!

Jerky just for Naga? Korra considered this idea as she chewed on her jerky, savoring the spices. Naga certainly liked the idea, looking at the two friends and wagging her tail. Her ears had perked up, tongue lolling out as the polar bear dog did everything she could to look innocent and worthy of jerky. Swallowing her treat, the Avatar smiled. "You know what? That's a great idea! Especially if they have some seal jerky, I bet Naga would love that!" The polar bear dog rumbled happily, resting her jaw on the couch cushion as her tail thumped against the floor even more. Her fingertips roamed over the thick fur affectionately. "Now that we've had some jerky, you think we're ready to open some presents?" She finally asked, an eager grin on her face.
    Sokka
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Sokka on Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:33 am

“Trust me, I’m sure,” noted Sokka. He did greatly appreciate Korra’s concern of course, even with as minor as his coughing spell there was. The two friends were always set to look out for each other no matter how major or minor any incidents happened to be, and it was something that the Water Tribe warrior was always happy and grateful for. Unsurprised, but grateful nonetheless.

The very thought of comparing different jerkies only made Sokka’s mouth start to water further… meats they were used to… new meats they’d come to love in this world… different preparation styles… different seasonings… aah, it was almost too much to bear right now! “Same here… same… here. I’m pretty sure they have some just-a-deer and just-an-elk jerky. We’ll have to make sure to snag some of those on our visit!”

Pleased that both Korra and Naga liked his idea about jerky just for the polar bear dog, Sokka soon found himself shifting towards excitement at his friend’s next suggestion. “I”m ready if you are! Hang on, I can go get them for us.”

At that, Sokka hopped up and over to the far side fo the mantle. Whilst these two had not set up one of those fir trees inside, they had still made sure to set specially wrapped presents aside, combining both their own traditions with those of this world. Moving to carefully pick up one of the packages there, the one that he had carefully prepared for Korra, Sokka offered a sizable box wrapped in light blue wrapping paper that was adorned with snowflakes all over. His own grin peaking over the sizable blue bow, he stated, “Here you go, Korra…. this one’s for you.”
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 34

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Korra on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:14 am

Right as rain, Sokka would surely recover from his brief bout of choking. He was a Water Tribe Warrior, after all! He'd had worse. Korra leaned her head back, her own mouth watering as well. Just-a-deer and just-an-elk! Oh, both of those sounded so potentially delicious! "Absolutely! We oughta make sure we've got enough to spare!" Perhaps by the time they finished their purchases of jerky, the two would be absolutely sick of the stuff. It would totally be worth it, though!

With Sokka's agreement, the Avatar couldn't help the giddy little grin that had stretched its way upon her face! Present time! Truly, this was one of the perks of this holiday. Not just the excitement of seeing what gifts she'd receive, but that same eagerness to see her friend's face when he opened his own gifts! "Okay!" It took all of her energy not to start bouncing on the cushion as her friend left to grab a present. It didn't take long at all for him to return. Reaching for the package, she gave him a smile before looking it over. Oh wow, it was a pretty good size! The wrapping paper was light blue, with cute little snowflakes all over!

"This is really cute, Sokka! I love this wrapping paper." And with a cute little bow on top too! Korra gave it a content pat. It gave beneath her palm easily, and so she gently removed it from the box. Rather than chuck it to the side, the young woman situated it on her own head as if it were a headband! "I can't wait to see what's in here...!" Mindful of the darling wrapper paper, Korra used her fingertips and nails to rip and tear through the tape. The process saw the wrapping paper mostly untouched! Her attention shifted to regard her gift, curious to see what was inside of this box!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 9:00 pm