Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Roller Coaster Of Love

Post by Kev on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:23 pm

You bet your green ghoulish buttocks Kev was chipper! This was the first date he had been on in over two years! This outing was a first step for the two, and it made the alien excited. Maybe a bit nervous too, but in a good way! As if the two were riding a coaster that was about to take off for exciting twists and turns. Fear and Kev were on a journey together, and he couldn't wait to see where they would go from here. Looking forward to the future no longer felt frightening.

"Puh?" The alien blinked, stepping forward in unison with the ghoul. "More acidic and bitter...alright. I can work with that!" Not that Kev was in any place to deny the Judge. Head facing forward towards the front of the line, he wriggled lightly. Excited as he was, maybe he could tone it down a tad! Fear's annoyance was pretty clear, and this was supposed to be fun for them both! Nothing could kill cheeriness quite like a splash of reality. "Oh, right." A hand clasped over the space between Kev's chin and nose, palm rubbing against the smooth scales lightly. "How inconvenient... If I ever turn into a human again, I'll have to make good use of my mouth while I've got it!" There had to be numerous dishes the Judge wished to relive!

"Kev, be a dear and ssstudy the menu for me. My eyesss are not what they usssed to be."

A fluttery feeling made itself known in the alien's chest, like the pitter patter of a butterfly's wings beneath his ribs! "Got you covered, sir!" Kev remarked as if making a promise, stepping up on his tiptoes to better see the menu ahead! Alongside the order window for the food booth stood written menus that were organized like beloved commandments. Each one was grouped by type of food, such as fried goods or frozen treats. The alien's pupils narrowed to get a better read of their choices. "Looks like they've got... pizza, pretzels, chicken tenders, hot dogs, nachos, cheese fries, and onion rings. There's also fried pickles, oreos, reeses, cheese curds, funnel cake, and something called a churro?" He glanced to the Judge briefly, confused by the treat before he went back to his menu studying! "Snow cones, slushies, ice cream cones, sundaes, a banana split... and milkshakes! And as for drinks, they look to be mostly soft drinks, juices, and water! I think I see a section for alcoholic drinks, too!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:50 pm

Ugh, too chipper! TOO CHIPPER! Judge Fear couldn't help but gag at the alien's saccharine daydreaming, though the fault was equally shared. After all, did it not take two to conceive a date? At least two, but neither of the mismatched fellows were interested in polyamory; for the best, really.   

"How inconvenient... If I ever turn into a human again, I'll have to make good use of my mouth while I've got it!"

Good lord, man! Was he doing this on purpose?

"Mm... hard passsss on the hot dog, mate." And for rather obvious reasons. Ooh, but a slice of greasy pizza and cheese fries? Should the alien been gifted with a tried and true stomach, it would have gurgled to Hell and back. "I fancy a good ssslice of pie," the ghoul decided. Grotesque talons wrapped themselves around Kev's shoulders with all the stiff finesse of a, well, shambling cadaver. "That'sss what Yanksss in New York called pizza," Judge Fear explained. No actual pie for him, thank you. Too sugary, too rich for the palette. "And how about sssome cheessse friesss on the ssside, hm? With a glassss of beer to wasssh it all down?" Those fried pickles were also calling his name, but the helmeted superfiend knew better. Corpse bloat was never a happy occasion. Maybe later, however? Hm, but if he wanted funnel cake later...

A pang of distress echoed across their psychic bond. "Churro...? Ah, yessss. Churro." Judge Fear welcomed the distraction with open arms. "It isss a deep-fried treat made of dough, sssprinkled with cinnamon and sssugar on top. I'm not fond of sssweetssss, but you'd certainly enjoy one." Kev, you philistine. As for the rest of what the menu had to offer, Judge Fear regarded it with disinterest. "That will be it for my order," he rasped. "What ssshall you be having?"

Dairy could be confidently voted out.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:35 am

Aside from a soft chuckle, the alien elected not to comment on Fear's gagging. It was enough that the Judge had entertained Kev enough to join him for a date. He even temporarily offered up his badge! A bit of gagging and grumping was allowed. "Hmhm~! Suit yourself." The scaly man winked, leaving the discussion of hot dogs at that.

When the talons placed themselves upon his shoulders, Kev's gaze briefly left the menu to take notice of the cadaver. He made no move to shrug off the hands. In fact, he leaned into them. "Pie?" Where did he mention a pie...? Oh! Right, Italians like Mario called a pizza a 'pie'! Bada ba boopy! "Good choice. Any pizza in particular? Pepperoni, cheese?" Oh, but that was hardly the ghoul's only choice. Cheesy fries and a glass of beer, sounded perfect for a little meal at the amusement park! Definitely not healthy, but it wasn't like Fear had to worry about calories!

Corpse bloat, however... Kev reached a hand up, letting it settle upon the ghoul's talons. A small thrum of comfort was sent through the bond, the alien eager to distract. "Fried dough with sugar and cinnamon? I think I'd want to try that." With Fear's share decided, now it was time for him to decide what he'd like. "Hm..." Humming in thought, Kev patted the corpse's hand absentmindedly. When the line moved, drawing them ever closer to ordering their meals, he stepped forward. "I think I'll get a slice of pepperoni pizza, a churro, and a sparkling water! And of course, the funnel cake to share~!" All of the carbonation without the thick syrup. Between the two of them, they'd definitely have enough cheese to spare. With his eyes upon the menu, the alien began to mentally add up how much money their food would cost. His free hand wandered to a pocket, sorting through the credits he'd brought along. "I'll cover this one, consider it my treat to you!"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:17 pm

...Aaaaaand the alien was now leaning into Judge Fear's rancid touch. Good grief, the superfiend just couldn't win, could he? With a curt snort, the helmeted ghoul answered, "I am a pepperoni-type of sssoul." Meat lovers was preferred, but such refined tastes couldn't be expected of an amusement park. Just... no sardines. Never sardines.

"I think I'll get a slice of pepperoni pizza, a churro, and a sparkling water! And of course, the funnel cake to share~! I'll cover this one, consider it my treat to you!"

Ooh, funnel cake! What's this about footing the bill, however?

The pride in Judge Fear's chest would never accept such an absurd gesture, though the insolent git lurking just behind delighted in Kev's offer. In the end, the superfiend quelled both and merely did what he felt best. "A noble undertaking, but I cannot enjoy sssussstenance and you cannot consssume solidsss," he reasoned. Before the scaly blighter could object, a single credit - its denomination roughly that of a $20 - found itself in Kev's hands. "Here, jussst in cassse you need extra for the cassshier," Judge Fear explained. He wouldn't accept 'no' for an answer, either. And while the ghoul hadn't been following the monetary value of the common dollar for quite some time, Judge Fear knew things didn't grow on trees - especially money. There was also the matter of shielding his deepest, darkest feelings from the alien himself, but that went without saying, didn't it? (Hint hint: Judge Fear was tickled pink. Vaguely tickled pink.)

"Anywho, I am going to commandeer one of the nearby tablesss and prepare it," he rasped, directing a rotted thumb over his shoulder. "Will you be fine ssstanding in line all by your lonesssome?" It was really a stupid question, but Kev seemed to attract stupidity like shit to flies. Didn't hurt to be thorough.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:30 pm

"Heeeey, I like pepperoni too! Samesies~!" Kev chirped happily, eyes squinting. As for sardines, the two were on the same wavelength there. Such disgusting little fishies. It certainly did not belong on a pizza! No sir, not a single drop of that gross fishy would touch their slice of pizza! The alien's joyful affection paused when Fear pointed out the obvious, however. He blinked, momentarily confused.

"Here, jussst in cassse you need extra for the cassshier,"

Before he could object, the ghoul relinquished a credit and placed it in Kev's scaly hands. His thumb stroked over the side of it, tracing the digits deeming the credit's worth. Shifting the credit around in his hands, the alien briefly lowered his gaze to their feet. He wasn't upset, though! And his pride certainly hadn't been bruised, if Fear wished to pay for this, that was that. The reptilian wouldn't have argued otherwise without a damn good reason. And, frankly...it felt kinda nice. Emerald scales turned a few shades brighter, his insides fluttery. He'd forgotten what this felt like and he didn't want to forget ever again. "Thank you." If Fear was tickled pink, than Kev was tickled green!

Alright, that was enough mooning like a teenager on her first date. With a deep breath in, the smaller man squared his shoulders and stood at attention! Right, the next best step right now would be to save a table for them, lest they wind up having to stand to eat their meal. And that would just be tiring. "I'll be fine, promise!" If that didn't exactly inspire confidence...well. He could hardly blame the Judge. With Kev's list of experiences in this world, from tripping and breaking his nose on the sidewalk, to the more extreme cases like being murdered, kidnapped, snatched off of the ground by a plushy pterodactyl... Clutching the credit in one hand, the alien raised the other to give Fear a salute! "I'll stand in line, order our food, pay for it, and find our table without a single issue! Like a good cadet!"

Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Sep 27, 2018 8:55 pm

Samesies...? Judge Fear was both confused and amused by Kev's bastardization of the English language, and that went double for the alien's bottomless well of enthusiasm. He returned the latter's salute with hesitant uncertainty. "R-Right, disssmisssssed!" So much for authoritative composure... Eh, there were worse things to suffer. With the alien scampering off to place their order (and hopefully trip yet again on his clumsy feet), that left Judge Fear to find a table. And by 'find', he meant bully its original occupants into relinquishing it to him. Ah, just like old times! A shame he couldn't bully the hapless sinners black-and-blue.

Crik...! Crik...! Crik...!

Rancid feet walked across the hot summer blacktop as the helmeted superfiend preyed upon his choices, his ethereal eyes blazing in the afternoon sun. Hm, a table by a garbage can? No, no! Judge Fear would rather not scare the daylights out of flies. What about a table in the middle? ...Nah, then everyone would walk past it. The ghoul didn't fancy being someone else's freak show attraction. Omitting the rear and the middle left only the sides, Judge Fear craning his rigid neck to a row of tables situated beside a building's wall. Ah, promising! There were four - each already occupied, of course - but only one had a red-and white striped umbrella. It didn't take a rocket science to figure out his decision. Chains jangled and ancient leather stretched as Judge Fear made his way over toward the unlucky family of four.

"Greetingsss!" he hissed cheerily. The father of the group studied him warily mid-bite in his cheeseburger. "In the name of jussstice, I mussst confissscate your ssseating arrangementsss. You are to vacate the premissse immediately." Now, that would've normally been the ticket, since it was a citizen's duty to abide by a Judge's law, but these people were of a more unsavoury sort. What, with their ironed polo shirts and their salon-styled hair. Upper-class suburbia at its finest!

The father spoke first, and gruffly. "Who do you think you are!?" he demanded. His wife simply nodded with a growing look of scorn. The child, meanwhile, were undoubtedly fascinated with Judge Fear's vile appearance, their eyes betraying their child-like curiosity.

"Can you not hear?" the superfiend goaded. "I sssaid I am taking thisss location for judicial purposssesss. Leave now, or I will hold you in contempt of the law!"

Three... Two...

"Oh, Reginald!" The wife rested a hand upon her husband's forearm. "Get rid of this brute, will you? He's interrupting our meal, and I don't like how the boys are taking a liking to his... Halloween costume." What!? Ooh, that does it.

The husband, Reginald, reached into a pocket and retrieved his cellular device. "Of course, dear. I'll dial park security and have this ruffian arre - !!"

He never got to finish.

A presence overtook their minds, a dark presence, and soon their faces drained into a ghostly-white, their eyes the size of porcelain saucers. It was a good couple of seconds before Reginald stammered to speak, "W-We will h-h-happily give up our t-table for you, J..! J...! Judge!" And look, even his faithful wife agreed. "Y-Yes!" she squeaked. "W-W-Whatever the law d-demands!" Now see, was that so hard? Satisfaction emanated from Judge Fear's aura. "Good, good..." he hissed, tapping his fingertips together. "I knew you would sssee it my way. Now be off with you lot. I am feeling generoussss, ssso consssider thisss a warning." Possessed by these wicked forces, the quartet stiffly rose from their seats, the benches still warm, and shuffled away like a contingent of robots as they carried their trays. "Ah, except you, Reginald." Judge Fear reached over and forced the man down into his seat without finesse. "I have need of your sssinful abilitiesss," he rasped. "You are to sssit there until I sssay otherwissse, underssstood?" The man nodded limply as if in a trance, and was unable to break free of the ghoul's hold. "Ha ha, excellent!"

Pleased with himself, Judge Fear sat beside his shivering captive and happily drummed his rotted fingers atop the table's glistening surface. "Now, what isss taking him ssso long...?" Tardiness wasn't a sexy trait!
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:54 am

Listen to that little stutter! Oh, how he loved it when Fear got flustered. The scaly man chuckled to himself, waving one last time before the two had parted ways. If he really paid attention, he could spy the ghoul's helmet easily towering over the people among them! But he had to turn away eventually. Kev followed the colorful posters of food. Look at all of that melted cheese! He craned his head to admire the photo of a delicious plate of cheesy fries. Sure hoped they actually looked like that!

Sandals clapped against cement sidewalk as Kev filed in line behind a few other patrons to the park. As he waited in line, the alien continuously counted off the food orders on his fingertips. Two slices of pepperoni pizza, cheese fries, a churro, funnel cake, a glass of beer, and sparkling water! Was that everything? The alien counted and recounted about three or four more times. He didn't want to leave anything out! The line ahead moved bit by bit, trickling away until eventually, it was his turn! With a confident air, Kev stepped up to the ordering window with a twinkle in his eyes! "Hi!"

The uniformed worker blinked, taken aback by the eager friendliness. "...Hi." His eyes took note of the scaly creature without a mouth. Either he was ordering just a drink, or his buddies had sent him up to put in everyone's orders for some reason. Whatever it was, the man's fingers hovered above the register with rehearsed ease. "What can I get for you today?"

Heels clicking together, Kev stood straight as he counted off of his fingers yet again. "I would like...two slices of pepperoni pizza, a side order of cheese fries! A churro, a funnel cake, a glass of beer, and some sparkling water!" There, he'd remembered everything! Clickity clack, click! Behind the window, the man's fingers typed in a series of numbers until eventually a total was rung up!

"That'll be sixteen credits."

"Here you are!" Fear's credit was handed over, the change pocketed as he shifted to the pick up window. The alien peered inside curiously, watching as the man who'd taken his order collected up the food. Bit by bit the man worked, until finally he met Kev at the window. He shifted the tray to the reptile's side of the window. Two different slices of pepperoni pizza on paper plates, and a cardboard tray of salty fries, topped with melted cheese! A long churro stick wrapped in a napkin, a paper plate with freshly fried funnel cake! It was positively smothered in powdered sugar, some of it overflowing onto the dark brown tray. Kev's drink came in a clear plastic cup, the little bubbles sizzling and rising up against the edges. Fear's beer came in a glass mug, the top layer frothy. With a hearty handful of napkins on the side, it seemed they had everything they needed! "Thank you, sir! Have a nice day!" He nodded with a squint, grasping the tray firmly with both hands!

Finding Fear was an easy feat, the ghoul's psychic energies like a homing beacon in the alien's mind. Besides, it was hard to ignore the only undead being dressed in black with chains and an iron helm. Kev was unable to wave with his hands full, so he could only wriggle his shoulders in an imitation of some sort of happy dance! Ah, and he picked a table with an umbrella too, how thoughtful! There was somebody else at the table though... Confused, he approached the table and hesitated to set the tray down. His eyes were on their impromptu guest. A fancy looking man, in a specially ironed shirt with hair that looked well cared for! "Sooo...who's this guy? Friend of your's?" Kev eventually asked as he set the tray down. He wasn't jealous, nor worried that Fear might have been cheating on him. He had enough faith to know the ghoul would never do that. But...he still wanted to know who this man was! The alien found a chair that was closer to his boyfriend than it was to the mysterious man, head cocked to the side as he waited to hear Fear's answer.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:14 pm