Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0


    Long overdue discussion

    Share
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Fri May 15, 2015 11:19 am

    Time: 1:15 PM
    Date: 5/15/15

    Enough time had certainly been spent beating around the bush in Tally's humble opinion. Too much time had been allowed to pass since her almost discussion with Kev in the sanctuary. Not that was really anyones fault. They had tried to talk, but it had been awkward. She wasn't really sure what to say that wouldn't upset him, and she certainly wasn't the most delicate when it came to talking to people anymore...She certainly wasn't happy about the situation, she didn't know what she thought of Kev at the moment, and Vassar had been there so it probably hadn't been the proper time to talk about it.

    And then Fear walked in, and she walked out. And.....that was probably seen as rude. "Fucking christ." She scratched the back of her head and looked at entrance to the record store before going in.

    If Kev had thought she was rude, well it wasn't like she meant to be, though he probably didn't see it that way. She didn't like Fear. He and his brother got her killed, not to mention caused all manner of problems during the whole abduction thing. No one liked to stand up to them either, no one liked to challenge them. She supposed that she wouldn't have minded so much if they were just assholes, but the fact that they wanted to kill all the living really didn't sit well with her.

    So she left, better to avoid drama and just talk to Kev when she could. Only, then work came up, and now it had been weeks since she saw him, and he probably wasn't that happy with her. Good going Stevens.

    The inside of the shop was interesting enough, music and games everywhere. Truth be told, despite her friendship with Zippy she had never actually visited the others shop. Too busy, too much work. She looked around for the front desk to see if Kev was in.

    Hey kev, do you mind if we talk about your friend that's going to try and kill mostly everyone?

    No, fuck. Reel it in Stevens.

    "Kev? You in?
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Fri May 15, 2015 12:05 pm

    Xavier's disappearance was definitely inconvenient, though thankfully there was still Nyreena around, along with Skyler and Kev of course. Though Kev was sorely tempted to try and hire a few more people, the last time they tried to hire people, two out of three of the workers just up and disappeared. No notice. Ah well...they'd definitely make sure the next people to work at the City Noise weren't going to flake! Behind the front desk, Kev situated a few odds and ends, particularly the decorations and items that were for sale on the counter. Today had been a rather quiet day in the City Noise, and the past few days as well as nights were quite peaceful. He'd even enjoyed a nice conversation with Grodus and learned some more about the little technomagus. Yep, things were slow, but calm, and definitely welcomed. Kev kneeled down onto the ground, fixing up some of the shelves behind the counter where they had some extra CDs and the like. A slight scraping of metal sounded from the front of the store, nails crying out as the door opened. Ah, must be a customer! Kev fixed up the last CD, making a mental note to dust behind this counter. It was rather dust-

    Tally wrote:"Kev? You in?

    "Tally?" The alien nearly whacked his head on the edge of the counter as he jerked his face over the counter top, blinking at the young woman who had entered. Long, curly brown hair...striking green eyes. Freckles. Yeah, that was Tally. Uneasiness cropped up inside of him as he pulled his body out from behind the counter entirely, visible now to the young woman. "Oh, hey Tally. Yeah, I'm in." Tally didn't normally come around here...and the last time he had seen her did not end well. It had already been tense, but when Judge Fear arrived, she left with a very curt good bye. But benefit of the doubt! Maybe she was just interested in some music. ...Yeah. "Were you interested in getting a CD, Tally?" He leaned forward, resting his arms on the counter.


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Mon May 18, 2015 7:57 pm

    So far nothing, Tally took the few seconds before Kev popped out to look around and check out some of the music.

    Kev wrote:"Tally?"


    Ah, there he was. Tally turned around to see that yes, Kev was indeed in, just like he said. Sadly she was going to have to turn him down on the music. "Actually I came by to see about talking to you, over everything that happened back at the sanctuary awhile ago" Right, okay, not bad for an opening. "If you got the time to, that is." If not she could come back, she would have just preferred to actually get to talk to him alone, uninterrupted.

    The sanctuary really wasn't the best place to discuss.

    "You were asking questions before?"
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Thu May 21, 2015 3:11 am

    Tally wrote:"Actually I came by to see about talking to you, over everything that happened back at the sanctuary awhile ago"

    Tulsit. Tulsit. Of course. Why couldn't you buy a CD? Kev's fingers grasped the edge of the counter, though otherwise he tried to keep himself calm, taking a few deep breaths. No need to freak out, they were just going to talk. ...Talk about how Tally didn't know what to think about Kev and Judge Fear. And how she immediately walked out of the Sanctuary when Fear came in. And the way she sharpened her sword as she told Kev that she didn't know what to think. Alright, maybe the talk wasn't going to be like a casual get-together where they catch up. This could get...ugly.

    "Oh yes, I...have the time." Kev glanced around the shop, which was empty except for them for the moment. Kev walked around the counter and made his way to the door, turning a sign on the door. "It's...probably best that we take this upstairs to the break-room. It's just the two of us right now, and I'd rather keep it that way. I'll just consider this my lunch break." With a small gesture for Tally to follow, Kev ascended up the stairs, gaze fixed to the second floor as he thought of how to answer Tally's question.

    "Yes. I wanted to know why exactly you said you don't know what to think of Fear and I." Kev glanced over his shoulder. "I thought we settled this...is it because of Sonia?" It had to be, because Tally had seemed so calm before. She wasn't so...hostile. And now, she was hostile and seemed unsure about himself and Fear. He felt like he was walking on eggshells. But...why?


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:05 am

    Right, not awkward at all. Tally watched Kev, trying to gauge his thoughts, his emotions. Clearly things were uncomfortable, there was hesitation, if Tally was going to take a guess Kev probably didn't want to argue with her. But that was just her guess. If it came down to Kev not wanting to talk to her she wouldn't push the issue. She couldn't force him to discuss this with her after all.

    Though she wasn't sure what that would mean if he didn't.

    Thankfully though Kev didn't turn her down, instead just choosing to move the conversation up into the breakroom "Because I don't? I have no idea what to think of you and Fear. I mean the guy wants to kill all the living, including you and your friends and you're just kinda with him. You may not support his dreams of the destruction of all life but are you going to fight him when the time comes? What if your friends die? You gonna be angry about all that, or is that something you're going to be fine with?" She couldn't imagine that it was something that Kev would be fine with. But then again she also hadn't wanted to imagine that Kev would get as close to a guy that wanted to kill them all as he had.

    "And what about you? You're his friend, you gonna get a "get out of death" free card? Or are you just going to let him kill you? " So far she was maintaining a very calm and mellow tone, but that could still change very quickly, Tally wasn't one known for her persistent calm demeanor after all.

    "I didn't get snippy with you back then because Sonia was losing her damn mind, she didn't need me adding to any of that by going after the guy she liked. " She crossed her arms and tilted her head to the side. "And no, this isn't about Sonia. Why would it be?"
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Sun Jun 07, 2015 12:13 pm

    Kev lead the way upstairs, pushing aside the beaded curtain to reveal the kitchen dining room. His eyes flickered to one of the others doors, where the actual break room was, before looking at the table. That would do. The alien slid over and sat himself down at the table, right as Tally got to work in explaining herself. She was all questions, asking him things that he had been asked before, by himself and others. "Judge Fear isn't the first friend I've had that's done things like that. When the time comes, I will help you guys to fight him. And if my friends die..." Everything else came pretty easy, since it was like the usual rhetoric when he had to justify his friendship with Fear. Imagining the death of his friends was a little harder, and the alien winced at the thought. "I'm not going to be happy or fine with it. But I won't be angry either. I'll be upset. I don't want anyone to die that doesn't want to die." The hardest had been when Judge Fear admitted to killing a group of children, Kev trying not to yell at the Judge for what he did, something he had always been upfront about. Yet, the idea of those children being killed, how scared they must have been...it hurt to think about. But, this wasn't a secret side to the Judge. Kev had known about this side and made the choice to get close. "I'll deal with it when the time comes."

    Tally wrote:"And what about you? You're his friend, you gonna get a "get out of death" free card? Or are you just going to let him kill you? "

    Kev stared back at her, more then a little offended at the suggestion. "Of course not! Why would I..." The alien moved to rest his elbows on the table, giving a brief sigh. "Maybe once, I would have gotten close to try and avoid death, but I've changed. I don't want a 'get out of death' free card." That would mean never dying, that would mean living forever. He did not want that. "Fear would never do that anyway. No matter how close to him I get, he will not give me an out." Fear wouldn't let Kev be his Gunderson like that. They had a deal and Kev wasn't about to go back on that.

    Though Tally's tone was calm, she didn't sound very happy. Understandable maybe, given the situation. Kev looked back at her as she spoke again, explaining that her calm nature wasn't out of understanding or even for himself. It was for Sonia, because Tally knew how bad Sonia was getting and she thought that if she went after 'the guy she liked', it would stress her out even more. "...You knew." It wasn't an accusation, simply a statement. His tone was even, and yet he found that it hurt. Was he the last person to know about Sonia's feelings? The one who was left to bungle the friendship and make her feel like crap because he didn't know? He sighed again. This was looking to be a very fun conversation. "I see. So now that she's better, it's safe." Apparently it wasn't about Sonia, even though Tally just said for herself that she held back for Sonia. "Because you are her friend, and she was very upset about Fear and I. So maybe you are upset on her behalf." Tally and Sonia were close, close enough for her to consider Sonia's feelings. Surely part of her hostility was over how close Kev and Fear were, and how that made Sonia feel.


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:44 pm

    Beaded curtains, getting very 70's up in here.

    Tally chose not to sit down, instead picking a wall and leaning against it. She listened patiently as Kev went through her list of questions, answering them each in kind, giving an explanation. Though it was hard for her. "Doesn't seem like a very fair deal. I mean if he tries to blow us up and you fight along side us you might end up killing your bf. " It was such a horrible place to be in, Tally just couldn't really understand why Kev had gone and put himself in it. "I guess I'm just having a hard time understanding why you like a guy like him. I mean he's trying to kill us, he's killed other people, and he's going to try and kill you maybe. Yeah I get it, it's hard sometimes and we don't mean to like who we do, but, when you started this didn't you have...like..any idea at all that this might happen?"

    Kev wasn't stupid. She knew that. She just thought of him as a bit naive, maybe too kind. But he wasn't stupid. Surely he, of all people had to know that people wouldn't sit well with someone who was trying to kill them all.  Sure Zurg might have managed to get away with it, but that was because they were too spineless to put him in his place when they should have, and also because back in the day when you were killed you just respawned at the hospital.

    But with the changes in the system..permanent death a probable thing...

    Speaking of permanent death, Kev didn't seem to think he'd be getting out of it.

    "I don't think you give yourself enough credit. I don't think you'd get close to someone just to manipulate them emotionally. Ah, but Fear wouldn't give him a get out of death card. "Are you sure? Getting close to people changes them, and as close are you two are? He might just drop you a call one day and be all "hey Kev I'm going to burn down the city in about an hour, maybe get on home before I start?" Or he might just tell you to go somewhere for a day, see something cool, while he nukes the town? Kev knew Fear better than she did, but it was still something to consider.

    Kev wrote: "...You knew."


    She went quiet, mulling over his words carefully in her mind, looking for a hint of an accusation. There was none however. "After awhile, when she started getting really bad. I've liked enough people who didn't like me back to know. Plus we've known each other all our lives, wish she'd been more open about certain things...but yeah, I figured it out."

    Safe? Was she detecting snark? "Wouldn't really call it safe, more along the lines of, "not putting my friend under more stress and-" what was all of this now? "No, I mean yeah it sucked that she was so sad but what was I gonna do Kev? Be pissed that you didn't like her back? I'm not upset that Fear's your bf, at least not because of Sonia. That wouldn't be right for me to demand that you like her like that. I held back on talking to you about Fear because I didn't want to upset Sonia more, but I'm not here talking to you because I'm upset on her behalf. I'm here because I'm concerned and your friend with the ugly kneepads is going to try and get us all killed."
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Fri Jun 19, 2015 11:14 pm

    Kev took a seat, and Tally decided to remain standing, leaning against the wall instead. Kev stared back at her, hand gripping at the soft fabric of his own pant leg for a moment. Should he stand too? Or would that be too obvious? Agh, it was too late. He picked a chair, he sat down, this was the decision he had made and he would need to stick by it. Besides! Tally deciding to stand wasn't some sort of power thing!

    Tally wrote:"Doesn't seem like a very fair deal. I mean if he tries to blow us up and you fight along side us you might end up killing your bf."

    The alien stiffened up, the rest of Tally's words fading out of his mind to instead focus on what she had called Fear. 'Bf'. Did that...did it stand for boyfriend? Did she know?! How could she know?! The pupils of Kev's eyes widened, tightening up like a spring coil. Muscles were tense and his eyes refused to leave Tally's. A few seconds ticked by before Kev realized that he ought to respond. His body loosened up, and he blinked a few times. "You cannot kill what does not live. Even if I fought with you, he wouldn't end up dead." His pose loosened up when Tally went on, resting an elbow on the table. Gods, what he wouldn't give for some water. Kev considered the rest of what she had to say, her inability to understand why he would even like someone like Fear. "Tally...this isn't the first time I've liked someone who's tried to kill other friends of mine. The part where he'll kill me is new, yes, but we have an agreement. He isn't going to kill me unless I tell him I am alright with it. And as for knowing this would happen when I first started this..." His eyes turned to the wooden floor. "I didn't expect us to come this far. I was frightened of him, but also...interested. I tried to explain why killing people was wrong, and the points he brought up were...hard to argue with. I just wanted to get to know him more. See why he felt he had to kill people like that. I never...would have imagined..." It had not been expected. His head raised back up to look at her, staring into those emerald eyes. "Unless by 'this' you meant yourself and others having a problem with Fear and I...then I did expect it. Fear isn't exactly the nicest guy. He's bound to make enemies." Though the resistance to himself and Fear had honestly been worse then he had predicted.

    The alien perked up, chair squeaking beneath his bruuka at the motion. "Thank you." Getting close to someone just to manipulate them emotionally...it sounded way too much like a few certain other people, not to mention an accusation he had received at one point. But as for not giving himself enough credit? It was honestly confusing. His head quirked to the side. As she continued, the alien visibly winced this time. "I see..." It was a fair point, rather reasonable. Getting close to someone did change them, and the idea that he may tell Kev to stay clear of the city or to go somewhere safe...it did sound rather like him. The alien ran a hand over his own head, feeling the slight rub of his own scales brushing against each other. It was smooth, almost slick, and yet he ran his hand over his head again. "He might, and if he does I cannot keep him from doing that but I...I'll still try to help. And...and that would be more of a temporary out. He's still going to kill me. He won't let me stay alive forever." He was not Mrs. Gunderson.

    Though he did not accuse her, he found himself finding some relief in her explanation. The feeling of hurt lessened, his chest feeling much lighter then it had before and he closed his eyes lightly as he rejoiced in the feeling. As if a weight had been lifted...Sonia had not informed Tally before ever telling himself, Tally had merely figured it out for herself. "I wish I could have figured it out earlier. Would have saved us some trouble..." Tally had figured it out, where he himself could not. Kev rubbed the brunt of his palm against his forehead. Well, that pleasant feeling had been short-lived. What did help was learning that Tally didn't hate him for not reciprocating Sonia's feelings. She used that word again, 'bf', though she also referred to him as a friend. Kev was confused, but didn't think it'd help to ask. If anything, it might make her suspicious. Again, it was more for Sonia, and Sonia's feelings that Tally held back, and not for Kev's own feelings. Yet, Tally asserted that she was concerned.

    "My old friend with the facepaint helped in an attempt to kill us all, and actually indirectly lead to my own death. My current demon friend has killed four of my other old friends, my current alien friend kidnapped me twice for his own needs, and held a giant tournament of death that was later revealed to be used to strengthen people for the future. Somehow...somehow, Tally, I have this habit of befriending these sorts of people. Bad people, evil people, people with nefarious intentions. And what Fear and I have is...strange, but I can promise that it's nothing to be concerned about. He isn't using me. And as for him attempting to destroy the world, we've had a lot of people try to destroy the world. Ridley himself nearly succeeded, and yet he's still out and about in space with an army. And even then, they never succeed, do they? Because we keep fighting to stop them. And if you are too tired to continue fighting, if you want a break, that's fine. I understand...I wish this place could stop ending all the time, but we both know it's futile to wish that. If Fear brings about the end of the world, and you wish to stop him, even if it hurts him, I will not stop you."


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:39 am

    Best friend

    She meant best friend, perhaps if she had used a different abbreviation, bff, Kev might not be freaking out so much internally. But she was unsure of the "forever" really, so it was just "best friend". At least she was ignorant of Kev's inner plight, and completely still unaware of the exact relationship that he had to the judge.

    "Kev do you really know that? After all we've been through how can you be sure?" This was a place where Gods descended, a place that had itself ripped in half and then put back together. Tally was dubious of anyone or anything that said they couldn't be killed, if it existed then eventually it had to end. That was her view on it anyways. Nothing could truly be eternal, not even X or Alpha.

    "I know that Kev, god we were all "friends" with Zurg back in the day, and look what we let happen. We've all been there, it's just, no one has really been so gun-ho about it like Fear. He genuinely thinks that what he's doing is right, that you and I have no right to live. " A person who killed for wealth or something material could be bargained with. A person like Fear though, who morally believed what he was doing was right, and truly believed those morals to be unshakable, they couldn't barter with someone like that. They couldn't explain to him that it was wrong, they couldn't reason with him in the end because that would be something he would not budge on.

    Fear would go through with whatever thing he was going to do and try to kill them all some day, and there was nothing they could do about it but try and make sure that they were all still there at the end of it.

    "And what do you think now? You say his points are hard to argue with, do you agree with him then?" Were they all better off dying Kev?

    Kev wrote: "He might, and if he does I cannot keep him from doing that but I...I'll still try to help. And...and that would be more of a temporary out. He's still going to kill me. He won't let me stay alive forever."


    Tally looked at him hard, and the briefest flicker of true pity flashed across her face before it was gone. Kev knew what he was getting into, or at least he knew now, she doubted that he needed her pity. "Okay," if that was that then that was that. There was nothing she could do about it but let Kev deal with it when the time came.

    "You can always look back and say that, but if you didn't know then you didn't know Kev. Nothing you could do about it, nothing you could have done about it, you didn't feel like that for her." But all burned would be lovers aside, now they were getting back into the meat of it.

    "I don't agree with what Kefka did to you, and I never liked him anyways. Prixlezub did kill those people but I was right there with you man, they went after him. Zurg," she sucked in air through her teeth. "There's really no defending Zurg's past actions, he was kind of a dick. He hurt a lot of people, used a lot of people, and we let him get away with it. We enabled him to do whatever he wanted because he was so charismatic...at least in the end he turned around. As for Ridley, find me a spaceship and i'll take him out for you." So many people wanted to just move on with their lives, and Tally got that, but it was unfair for Kev to just go in this alone and insist that he do it. He was upset that Ridley was alive and kicking, then why couldn't they do something about it?

    Kev wrote: And even then, they never succeed, do they? Because we keep fighting to stop them. And if you are too tired to continue fighting, if you want a break, that's fine. I understand...I wish this place could stop ending all the time, but we both know it's futile to wish that. If Fear brings about the end of the world, and you wish to stop him, even if it hurts him, I will not stop you."


    "I don't have a choice to stop Kev, I don't want to die and I don't want to see those around me die. I don't get to stop, I admire those that try but all that does is put them on the sidelines. They remove themselves almost completely in some attempt to retain normalcy. I mean look at what Sonia was like, and how often do we see Leo? Hell I only see Zurg because of work and can't even remember the last time he was in the sanctuary, or Jo for that matter." She rubbed her eyelids, a deep tired feeling setting in her bones. "There's really no "if" about this, we both know how Fear views the living, how Mortis views the living. Those two will try and kill every living thing on the planet. But following your own logic, they'll fail, and now comes another issue. What are you going to do when they do? Their morals tell them that all the living need to die, but Portal Breach lets us revive, lets us come back most of the time. It refreshes, it resets. They go ahead and go through with this, what is going to happen to these two when they realize that it's all for nothing?"
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:47 pm

    Indeed, how could Kev know that Fear was unable to be killed? It wasn't like anyone had really tried yet, anyone strong enough to finish the job at least. Kev drummed his fingers along the edge of the table, pondering how to answer. After a few moments, he shrugged, though the light drumming didn't stop. "I'm not so sure about it. I don't really know. I just knew that Fear says he cannot be killed. Maybe somebody here can find a way, and maybe they can't. This place is strange, that's true. Ghosts and vampires have died here, even though they should technically already be considered dead. At the very least, I think it will be extremely hard to kill him."

    And look what we let happen...? Kev's head tilted to the side, but for now he let that one go. Zurg wasn't the focus at the moment, Fear was. Tally did have a point, in that Fear was rather zealous. If anybody knew how fanatical Fear was about his job, it was Kev himself. "He may genuinely think what he's doing is right, but there have been others who were gung-ho too. They just didn't care about being right or wrong. They just wanted to do whatever they wanted." It was admittedly part of what had drawn him to the Judge in the first place.

    Tally wrote:"And what do you think now? You say his points are hard to argue with, do you agree with him then?"

    The alien's fingers ceased in their movement, hovering above the table as his gaze fell down to the wood. What did he think now, huh? What did Kev think now... His scaly brow furrowed. It was a hard question, even harder to answer. "I don't agree with him. Not completely." He answered carefully, each word measured as if he were working with explosives. "I think there are some people who are just...better off dead. For the good of everyone, they are just better off dead. But, I don't think everyone should be killed. If someone is a good person, they should get their chance to live. But...everybody dies someday. This place can't possibly last forever." And immortality was just...not for him. Kev's other answer drew a hard look from Tally, and Kev gazed back at her with a more neutral one. If she was upset, he understood. He did not foresee pity though, and as brief as it was, he still caught it. His eyes widened, and he would have responded verbally if she hadn't basically ended that conversation right there. It was probably for the best...but why did she pity him for that? Kev's fingers lowered, drumming yet again in a consistent rhythm.

    Chk chk chk chk...chk chk chk chk

    Tally's next words were deceivingly simple, and yet they carried pure truth in them. It made him feel more at ease to know that Tally truly didn't blame him for Sonia's emotional state. Kev simply didn't feel for Sonia that way, and there was nothing to be done about that. To try and pretend otherwise would have only hurt her more. He stared back at Tally for a moment before uttering a small "Thank you." It wasn't much, and with the way the conversation was going it might be the only positive thing he'd be getting from her today but he would take what he could get. Kev squinted one eye in thought before he shook it at Tally, disagreeing.

    "Kefka never did anything to me, though. When I say he indirectly lead to my death, I meant because of his part in the Phazon. But I do remember him challenging you to a spar of some kind, once." The remembrance was one with a bit of nostalgia. "He had it coming." Kefka could be a jerk, he could admit that, and Kefka had gone to Tally for that fight. Kev also nodded his head in agreement, perhaps Prixlezub had been a bad example. After all, people had gone poking the giant car demon with a stick and thought that, despite many warnings, they could get away with it. "But there are still people who could say that remaining friends with Prixlezub after he did something like that, is wrong. Even if people went after him themselves, even if he gave them chances to back off. It's still the same thing, my friend killed other friends and I attempted to remain friends with everyone involved. The only reason I didn't stay friends with them is because they're all gone now." Out of that whole fiasco, it was Prixlezub who remained. Not Blade Toyaka, Metal Man, Hot Shot or Deadsilver.

    Zurg...Kev watched Tally with a steady eye, it seems the subject of Zurg and his past actions was something she had been simmering on for a long while. "I don't blame Zurg for kidnapping me, though. It was certainly stressful, and I used to have nightmares about it, but Zurg has more then made up for it by now. I've never felt the urge to punish him or make him pay for it, mostly because I came out both times in one piece. He's my friend...he was my friend back then, and he still is now." Truthfully, the alien would have remained steadfastly loyal to the alien even if he had never changed sides like he did, though that had been a perk. Zurg's changing morality was something he could sense, and perhaps hoped for, but it was something Zurg had to do himself. He had to change for himself, not for anyone else. Not even for Jo. "A lot of the people who did go after him were pretty much scum, and I think that helped him. When you have a choice between Dani and an Evil Emperor...you're going to choose the Evil Emperor." It was sad, but true. "In the end, I don't think he did that much damage, did he? There was that death tournament...but anything else I can think of, it was under the command of that God inside Hanna." For all of the half ghost clone's blasphemous rantings, what exactly had the alien Emperor done?

    Tally wrote:"As for Ridley, find me a spaceship and i'll take him out for you."

    "Mmm..." His fingers ceased their drumming again, and he crossed his arms on the wooden table. Kev turned his gaze away, eyes distant for a moment. "People have had nearly three years to find a spaceship on their own and go find him. If anybody else was going to do something about him, they'd have done it by now." Kev shifted in his chair, looking back to Tally with a resolute look in his eyes. "No one is going to go after Ridley for me. If you do want to go after him, then by all means, I don't have dibs. But please don't do it for me. I don't want anyone to do something like that for me. Not if it's Ridley." If people wanted to move on, they were allowed to move on. Kev just needed to get his own hands dirty in order to move on as well.

    Tally, however, was apparently not someone who could move on like that. She couldn't just 'stop'. To stop was to put one's self on the sidelines, and experience an inevitable sort of 'fade'. "If they really matter...if they really care, they will not fade completely. If they need to remove themselves to be happy, that's fine. As long as we're allowed to come over and visit anytime we wish." Though he'd be lying if he said he was completely fine with not seeing Zurg and Jo nearly as much as he used to, of the extended absence of Sonia and when was the last time he'd seen Leo...? Sure, he was unhappy to go long periods of time without seeing someone, but his happiness wasn't the only 'happiness' that mattered. The alien was half-tempted to rub his own eyelids, feeling tired as well. Drained, almost. He settled for shifting in his chair yet again as she went on.

    "It isn't written in stone though. Maybe they will fail, maybe they'll be the first ones to succeed in destroying us. I don't really know." It was something even Fear had pondered before, the useless nature of purging. The people that repeatedly returned, waiting to be killed again and again and again. This place had placed Fear and Mortis in something of a capsule, leaving them to run around in the same cycle. If the Judges never succeeded, they would become tired. "They will find themselves with a choice. They can continue their work, in the hope that they will finally find the way to kill us all for good, or they can realize it was all for nothing. It will be...hard. They live for their work, after all. But perhaps they can make the most of it. Like how we make the most of our situation. I want to be there for him, either way. Support him, if it turns out it was all for nothing. Make sure that he isn't alone." It really did scare him in some ways, simply because he was at a loss for how to help Fear, sometimes. The corpse had a few moments of becoming depressed, even lonely. Fear had insisted that his presence was enough, that having someone there and someone to listen was enough, yet sometimes it didn't feel like it was enough. Either way, he wished to be there if Fear and Mortis ever did get tired of their job. If they ever decided that it all ended in failure.


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:22 pm

    "Exactly my point," she said, picking at the end of her hair. "They're worse in the fact that they went after us for their own wants, simply because they could. But that also in ways made them easier to defeat, wants can change, morals are harder. He believes that you and I are committing a crime by living, and that's not going to change." In other words, while others may be deterred from what they wanted by the threat of a beating or death, Fear and Mortis would not be, morals were not something that could so easily be bought or scared away.

    Kev wrote:"I think there are some people who are just...better off dead. For the good of everyone, they are just better off dead. But, I don't think everyone should be killed. If someone is a good person, they should get their chance to live. But...everybody dies someday. This place can't possibly last forever."


    "....there are some who would argue that Fear is better of gone, for the good of everyone. And you're right, nothing does last forever." But hopefully it could be on their terms, it shouldn't have to be terrified, waiting for death to claim them. People shouldn't have to live in Fear.


    Kev wrote:"Thank you."


    She nodded and that was that. Best not to overdue the situation. "I don't remember fighting him at all actually..." She couldn't recall it to mind, but then again a lot had happened since then. "Prix also never threatened to kill all the living, maybe some would say its wrong to be friends with him because he's killed people. I can't exactly say they're wrong in their opinion, but I would argue its the scale of things. If was challenged then he had a right to defend himself, that's different than actively trying to kill all the living, than going on killing sprees in the outer district. But if kev was so determined to remain friends with all parties than so be it, that was his choice to make. Tally could not do that, she couldn't be friends with Fear.

    "Zurg made up, that doesn't mean that what he did wasn't wrong. And that doesn't mean that back then we didn't let him get away with what he did because of our "friendship". We enabled him, we let him do what he wanted because we cared about him...half the time I wonder if he got sick of it and maybe that's why he retired..." What was the point of being a villain if all anyone ever did was let you get away with things? Hell even the one time that he had been imprisoned, it hadn't really been for very long....

    "You do seem to be the only one pinpoint focused on Ridley. " But maybe that was for a reason, Ridley had fucked off after all, after the phazon planet was destroyed his armies had retreated to the dephs of space. People were trying to get on with their lives, but Kev couldn't. He seemed to still feel the need to go after Ridley, to pick a fight, to kill the dragon. "I guess your Ridley is my Fear." A threat that neither of them could just ignore.

    Kev wrote:"They will find themselves with a choice. They can continue their work, in the hope that they will finally find the way to kill us all for good, or they can realize it was all for nothing. It will be...hard. They live for their work, after all. But perhaps they can make the most of it. Like how we make the most of our situation. I want to be there for him, either way. Support him, if it turns out it was all for nothing. Make sure that he isn't alone."


    Again she looked at him, hard, surgically pulling him apart piece by piece in her mind before the cold stare finally fell once more to pity. "That's a lot of dedication."
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:50 pm

    "But some wants can't change. Some people just cannot change, they are too set in their ways. Daemeon and Hazama are these types of people." They were chaotic, and zealous, without any real guidance or even a moral viewpoint to hitch onto. Hazama wanted to find the secrets of this place, see what made it tick, while Daemeon had merely wanted to throw gas on a fire and enjoy the explosion. "Morals are harder to change, but we have seen them change..." Zurg had changed...even Kefka had changed. The Judges were harder, as they were also pretty zealous. Living was a sin, and nothing would change that. Still... "I don't think they're hopeless. I know it would be really hard to change them, and...I won't make them change. But I at least want to keep that option open for them." There didn't have to be only one outcome for them all. Death, destruction, banishment to space...those weren't the only things that could happen, and he was sure of it.

    Tally wrote:"....there are some who would argue that Fear is better of gone, for the good of everyone."

    Those words were like a splash of cold water in his face, a cold shiver running down his spine as the alien tensed up in his seat. For the first time throughout this visit, he was openly vulnerable, staring back at Tally with wide eyes. His fingers clenched into the table. Though he did not outright oppose what she said, his mind was a whirlwind of thoughts. For the good of everyone, Fear needed to be gone, but if Fear was gone...what about Livewire? I don't want him to be gone. Everyone else would be relieved without him, but Kev and Livewire...they needed Fear. They loved Fear. Fear wouldn't leave...he wouldn't let himself leave like that. And the two of them wouldn't let anyone do that to him either. The Kryptonistanian composed himself with a few deep breathes, and when he opened his eyes, there was a steely look to them. The disagreement was unspoken, but clear. He only gave her a small nod at her agreement that nothing lasted forever. Some people would argue that the Gamma would be better off without Fear. Kev respectfully disagreed with that argument.

    "If I remember right from Kefka, it was a pretty short fight...and he challenged you out of the blue, too. So it makes sense you wouldn't remember it. You pretty much wiped the floor with him." The old memories put him in a better mood, less protective and more casual. Regarding Prixlezub though, Tally was correct, bringing up a good point. "That's true, he never has. And every single one of those people dug their own graves. Metal Man smart-mouthed Prixlezub and accepted his challenge to fight, while Deadsilver and Hot Shot interfered to save Metal Man. Blade also mouthed off to Prixlezub but had been given a few passes. He just kept doing it though...and ran out of chances." In each situation, Kev had interfered. He advised Metal Man to drop it with Prixlezub before it went too far, he tried to tell Deadsilver and Hot Shot that joining the fight was useless, and Blade would have never been given any chances if it weren't for Kev. "They dug their own graves, and from now on I'm not going to interfere with anyone who would rather keep digging themselves deeper like that." The demon Prince had not gone around, killing anyone who moved. No matter what anyone thought, no matter what the sore losers who fought Prixlezub and died thought, the demon was not a brutal killing machine. Prixlezub and the Judges could not be compared...could anyone really compare to the Dark Judges? "Mm..." He shuffled in his seat, staring back at Tally as she continued.

    "It was wrong, but it also means we don't hold it against him in the here and now." He tilted his head to the side, almost not comprehending what she said. Kev had certainly never seen it that way. Perhaps that was because he was...honestly, a bit strange. The alien could admit that he saw things differently sometimes. Such as friendships. And of all reasons for Zurg to have changed, according to Tally it was because nobody had stood up against him to keep him from doing things. "What 'things' are you talking about, exactly? What are some of the things that he did, that were so wrong?" The only things that came to mind for him were the death tournament, the kidnappings of Kev himself, and the instigating Zurg had done to convince Hot Shot and Deadsilver to go after Metal Man. And that one had been after he retired, and Kev had spoken out against it! Otherwise, the only actions Kev could think of were things the alien had done under the command of the God in Hanna, or things such as the murder of Dani, which was honestly for the best. "Refresh my memory." Kev sounded legitimately curious. Was there something he was missing?

    "Yes...I guess I am." The only one who had tried to fight Ridley after Phazon, the only one who was intent on never letting him hurt the Breach again. "Ridley never actually paid for what he had done. If anything, being killed was an act of mercy, since he had been infected with Phazon. Instead, he's out there in space, with his armies and weapons, with the knowledge now of where he had gone wrong before." Ridley was a threat, a dangerous one who was almost a weapon in and of himself. The dragon was smug, now had an idea of how people would react to his plans, and could easily try again. With all of the things he had, the plans, weapons, the sheer numbers he had...the alien felt obligated to never let the dragon destroy the world again. Especially since BLACKCAT, the organization that had been founded with the idea to protect everyone, had disappeared almost entirely. However, Tally made the apt comparison that Fear was Tally's Ridley. The alien's fingers resumed their rhythmic tapping on the wood of the table. "Perhaps. I'll stop at nothing to declaw Ridley, and you'll do the same against Fear." No matter what tactics Tally may use to do such...with this comparison, Kev couldn't rightly hate her for whatever she may do. He was no better. No matter how he felt for the corpse, his feelings did not matter and he couldn't use them to damn the actions Tally would take. His gaze sobered, and he inclined his head to her. "I can respect that." Tally's gaze suddenly turned hard, and the way she looked at him was like the way one would dress down another. It was like she was searching for something...but what? What was she looking for, and what had he said to illicit such a reaction? The alien's scales bristled beneath his clothes when the look on her face changed. From cold and analytical to...pity.

    CRRREEEEEE

    The wooden chair scraped across the floor as the alien suddenly stood up from it, staring back at Tally. He nearly missed what exactly she had replied with, more focused on the look on her face. "Why do you keep looking at me like that?" Though he had moved rather fast in standing up, he didn't sound mad. The action had been so that the two of them were on a more equal level. "Why do you keep looking at me like...you feel sorry for me?" It felt...wrong somehow, and it wasn't a look that he wanted sent in his direction at all. Not anymore.


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:56 pm

    "Wants can be deterred, enough deaths can make someone realize that what they want isn't worth it. But you are right, some people can't change. Had they seen morals change? Yes, but rarely. Zurg had been on Portal Breach longer than she had, it was understandable that he had changed some. Kefka however she was pretty sure had just been insane, or flippant. What was Kev's plan then? Wait years and hope that Fear and Mortis would eventually go the same way as Zurg? How many people would have to die in that time? How many might permanently die for a chance?

    Kev wrote:"I don't think they're hopeless. I know it would be really hard to change them, and...I won't make them change. But I at least want to keep that option open for them."


    "And so they just kill you and every else who's living while you "keep the option open for them" in hopes that they have a change of their undead hearts and try and coexist with us peacefully.

    Crossed her arms and watched him. Whatever had transpired between him and Fear must have been huge in order to bring about such loyalty if he was willing to allow the other to do this. Whether kev wanted to admit it or not he was choosing Fear and Mortis. She could see it in how he was looking at her now. For all the better the world would be off, for all the more that everyone would be safe, Kev was disagreeing with her. And why? What reason was there to choose Fear over everyone else on the planet?

    To put Fear before everyone else on the planet? What reason was there? Was it something in his own interest? Was it something in someone else's interest?

    Kev wrote:"They dug their own graves, and from now on I'm not going to interfere with anyone who would rather keep digging themselves deeper like that."


    "You sure about that?" Of course he said that he wouldn't stop Fear from doing what he wanted, but would he stop him if it meant his complete destruction? "As for Zurg, maybe it was after your time but he did attack the police station, he was trapped on his planet for awhile because of that. Not to he wasn't very nice, Zurg did a lot of bad things, a lot of things that he shouldn't have been allowed to get away with but that we let him get away with because we liked him. Because we enabled him. And yeah we don't hold that against him now but that doesn't mean that back then he wasn't a jerk. A jerk who probably should have gone to jail or been knocked down a few times."

    Ridley was a threat, that she could agree with but he was a threat far out in space, a threat that no longer had phazon, and a threat that at least wasn't supernatural. Fear and Mortis? They were psychic, they could get into peoples heads, they could literally look at people and kill them. They were all equally threatening, and all needed to be taken down.

    Kev shot up, his chair screeching behind him as he confronted her. Her look never wavered, she felt honest to God pity for him. "Because, you're going to suffer and you've already decided that you're okay with that....Look, Kev...What you want to do to Ridley, how you view him as a threat that needs to go. I see Fear and his brother in the same way. And even though you say you can respect that. You're not going to be okay with it when the time comes. Think about it Kev, really think about it. You're not just talking about killing Ridley once. You see him a threat to all of us. You want him gone. I want the same thing but Fear and Mortis, and I'm not the only one! What does that imply?" She stepped closer, fuck he needed to understand! "Consider the lengths you're willing to go to kill Ridley, now think of what that means. Consider what you're willing to do to Ridley. Kev you might be willing to wait and hope and give those two the option to get better. But while you do that they're out there killing people and soon they're going to come after us. I can't wait for that. Others can't wait for that. Other's aren't willing to put their lives and the lives of their friends and families on a hope that you have. People are going to try and exterminate him. I'm going to try and exterminate him.

    She would, she wouldn't hide that fact either because he needed to know. He needed to know.

    "And you say that you're going to be okay with that, but you're lying. Standing in front of him her hardened look had faded once more into something softer, something sadder. "You're not going to be okay, people don't just give this sort of dedication to any friend. And whatever you and Fear have between you it's going to put you right in the middle of all of it. I'm looking at you like i'm sorry for you because I am.

    I honestly hope, that maybe....you can be right. That maybe those two will come around. But..."
    She trailed off, looking away. Tally couldn't risk her life or Ttones life on just hope. People couldn't risk their lives and the lives of people they cared on just hope. As much as she cared about him....the fate of the world couldn't come after any one persons happiness.
    avatar
    Kev
    Moderator

    Moderator

    Posts : 2470
    Join date : 2010-04-06
    Age : 58
    Location : Lovers' meadow/225 Broadband Boulevard
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Kev on Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:12 am

    Funny, it sounded like Tally was agreeing with what Kev was saying...and yet at the same time, it sounded like she was disagreeing entirely. Or at least...disagreeing about which people could not change. "Yes, and yet some can change." He reminded her lightly, both hands folding across his lap. "Change is a constant of life, and even good people can change, so shouldn't the bad also change?" Kev leaned forward, giving Tally an appraising look. "Are we both not changed from how we were when we first arrived?" He couldn't quite say for Tally, as he hadn't been here when he first arrived, but he was sure that her most rugged behavior was from her years here. Kev himself had most definitely changed...

    Tally wrote:"And so they just kill you and every else who's living while you "keep the option open for them" in hopes that they have a change of their undead hearts and try and coexist with us peacefully."

    The alien didn't even hide the sigh that escaped him, staring back at Tally with fatigued eyes. "Whether I was their friend or not, they would still kill people. They would still kill me. Where's the harm in attempting to help them change, should they ever want to change? Where's the harm in being there if they become tired of being Judges? Wouldn't that be a good thing?" The chair creaked again as the alien moved, barely able to keep too still in the chair now that this subject had come up. He stared across the way at Tally with a determined look in his eye. "I'm not doing anything wrong in being their friend and keeping that option open for them. I have always befriended people who were less than savory. As long as I'm not out there helping them purge people, I have the right to befriend whoever I want to." The alien's tone was resolute, final. But of course, that would not be the final word on the situation. Kev's back settled into the back of the chair as he leaned into it. "I'm sure." As sure as he could be. He was done giving advice that would be ignored.

    Tally elaborated on the matter of Zurg, Kev listening as he attempted to place it. The first attack on the Police Station he could remember was the one that had involved Kev being a hostage for him. That had been several years ago, oh yes...it seemed like another time entirely. The building had been hit by a few blasts of Zurg's ion cannon, though the attack had been more of a knock to get Hellboy outside. Still, debris had fallen and the ion cannon turned to Kev's own skull as Zurg made his demands. The memory was vivid, and the alien brushed his fingertips past his temple idly. However...that could not be what Tally was speaking of. She mentioned a punishment, isolated to his planet. That, he could remember. But... "Was that why he was arrested? I thought it was something else...because it was before Mr. Dark and I'm sure that he attacked the Law Station during Mr. Dark. And I can't blame him for that anymore than I can blame myself for setting parts of the city on fire. That thing's influence did crazy things." Kev remembered, if only because a combination of that isolation and then the events of Mr. Dark had lead to Kev being rather in the dark about whatever had gone down between Zurg, Jo and Lawrence. "Zurg is...complicated. And I know that he was a jerk at times. He was a jerk to me. But I cared about him, and I wasn't about to go 'knock him down a peg'. He's made it up to me, and I'm proud of him. It also wasn't our job to put him in jail." That responsibility laid with the Police Officers of old. "People here could not put aside their own biases and relationships, and that's understandable. I'd have a hard time arresting my best friend too. If only the ISOs had been around sooner, they are impartial." If Zurg had done his bad duties in the City, then the ISOs would have arrested him in a flash. They could not be bound by friendships and loyalties beyond that of their duties to the Breach.

    The question had been asked, perhaps in a fashion that was more dramatic then it had to be...but Kev had to know. He had to know why his friend pitied him so much. The alien gazed back at Tally, now standing as well, yet almost unable to look at her as she continued to look at him with such...pity. He listened to her explanation, and his fists clenched as she spoke. "Don't act like I haven't thought about it...I have. I've thought about all of this. I'm not stupid." If he could acknowledge that Tally and he saw their opponents in the same light, that meant he knew that she'd do as much as he himself would. The alien actually had sunken to some desolate levels all in the name of destroying the threat of Ridley, and hopefully Tally would never know. He was sure that she would never forgive him.

    Tally wrote:"People are going to try and exterminate him. I'm going to try and exterminate him.

    The word tore through him like the lash of a painful whip, and he winced accordingly. It had not been the first time the word had been tossed around, especially in relation to the Judges. So Tally pitied him because she thought that Kev was lying to himself. Because Kev was in the delicate position of being between his friends and the Judges. "Your pity is nice and all, but this pity isn't enough to make you back off of Fear." The alien heaved a deep sigh, and dug his heels into the light colored plaster of the floor. "I've made my bed, Tally. I've made it, and so have you. My bed is with Fear, and your's is against him." His palms flattened against the table as the alien loomed over it to continue staring at Tally, staring into her eyes deeply even as her head was turned away. "I have gotten opposition from my relationship with Fear since the beginning. At this point, I'm used to it. I know what I've gotten into, and if I'm staying despite it, then you understand that your pity won't turn me away. The difference between me and you, regarding who we're exterminating is that Ridley doesn't have anyone aside from his armies. He has no family, no friends...no one. Fear has me, now. He has Livewire, too. And even though I appreciate that you feel bad for me, if you feeling bad for me isn't enough to make you stop, make you reconsider attacking Fear, then there's no real point to it, is there?" There had to be a purpose to pity, otherwise it was just a deceitful thing that leeched on you and cast doubt upon everything.

    "There have been many moments in my life where I've been pitied, but this shouldn't be one of them, Tally. I don't regret it. I'm sorry, but I don't. I made this bed, and perhaps things will not end well. Perhaps you will exterminate him, and his brother. Perhaps they will destroy us all. I'm aware of all of these possibilities. It will hurt. I know it will hurt...but don't pity me for it. Either pity me, and spare Fear, or don't pity me, and continue to attack Fear, as you have made up your mind to do. Because you can't expect me to accept your deepest condolences and apologies for the destruction of Fear if you will try again and again to destroy him." The apology wouldn't be sincere, and it wouldn't be right to accept an insincere apology. It'd be downright insincere to do that. His fingers curled against the table. "Do what you feel is right Tally. Do that, and no matter how I feel, I cannot fault you for it. But don't pity me like this. Not about this." Not about something he couldn't regret. Not about something that meant so much to him, now...


    _________________
    "I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    avatar
    Tally
    Champion of the Ss'ruul
    Champion of the Ss'ruul

    Posts : 1169
    Join date : 2009-07-10
    Age : 28
    Location : Portal Breach
    Level : 60

    Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Tally on Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:25 am

    "They haven't changed in thousands of years kev, they've been purging for that long. Maybe Portal Breach can change that, and maybe it can't, maybe it'll just make it worse for them." Everything was beginning to sound like a broken record, she could see the fatigue in Kev's eyes. He'd heard all the arguments before, probably from more people than just she, and he held to his guns. She admired that, the ability to stick to ones opinion even in the face of conflict. But she was concerned...

    "Because it looks like you're enabling them Kev, it's like you're saying "no matter what you do or how many people you kill. I'll still be your friend so just do what you want." Had Kev expressed unhappiness about people being killed, a little from what she had seen. If he had done anymore so it had been in private. Fear and Mortis killed people and Kev, whether he minded or not, never lifted a finger to stop them. Perhaps he felt like he couldn't do anything...and so he was choosing to just remain in place and wait.

    "Lots of people are complicated, complexity isn't a free pass to do whatever you want. But you are right, peoples biases do get in the way. They did get in the way, I can't help but think how much safer Portal Breach could have been if some of us had just stood up and told some people that enough was enough." It wasn't just Zurg either, there had been more who had done horrible things and been allowed to get away with it. When people had their friends backing their actions, or turning a blind eye to them, it didn't matter what the rest of the world thought. Fuck the rest of the world! So long as your friends had your back and supported you then who cared about others opinions right?

    And that was probably the problem. Too many biased passes, too many people letting their friends run around. She'd let Skyler do it, she'd let Zurg do it, she'd let Bloodscream do it. Thomas steele had enabled Ghostring. How many people had allowed Tav's abuse simply because they thought she was cool? Samara and Ov, not to mention Tara and Thomas, had all enabled Karkats behavior and allowed him to be the little shit that he was. He hadn't cared about others opinions so long as those he valued still held him in high regard. But what if one of them had called him out?

    "I'm not saying you're stupid. She snapped her head back to him, offended. "You're a lot of things kev, but you're not stupid. That's why I can't figure it out..." Why was he putting in all this effort? Why?!

    That sadness, it never left her even as Kev tore through her. But there were softness had unfolded in her gaze a sharp glint took root. There was a sharpness to her sadness, as cold and as raw as unrefined steel. There was something in her, something that was upset or angry, perhaps both as far as Kev would be able to tell. There was also understanding, a deep resonating understanding that seemed almost offended as he laid out his truth to her.

    "Because you're my friend." Her words were raw and sharp, like metal shavings or barbwire. "You think I don't know? Why would my emotions deter you Kev? No ones have so far, certainly mine wouldn't. I know full well, the difference between Fear and Ridly. I know what's going to be the result of my actions, and that still isn't going to stop me as much even though it kills me because you two were my friends."

    Kev had been so damned speciest when he'd first shown up. She remembered nearly throwing him once.

    Livewire too had been such a impressionable little thing, but as she matured she began to see things for herself.

    That time she stayed up all night talking to Kev on the couch...only to fall asleep and wake up the next morning.

    The time she'd gone and stayed with livewire in the hospital and they'd talked all night..


    So many people were gone from her life, so few had stayed with her. And she couldn't even bend her morals for them.

    "I never would have apologized to you, not for killing him or his brother." She took what pain she had and slotted it into place behind her heart. Softness didn't belong in this world, not now. As much sadness as she felt it was pointless to let it control her, there were more important things than her feelings. There were more important things than Kev and Livewires feelings.

    All the raw emotion faded away, drifting back out of Kev's sight, hiding itself from him as Tally reached back and worked her hair into a pony tail. His own emotions were probably in turmoil themselves, he didn't need hers added on top of it. How Kev was feeling was probably ten times worse than how she was feeling anyways. Fine," her words were even and balanced like the blade of a sword, no hint of faltering.

    Sponsored content

    Re: Long overdue discussion

    Post by Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:38 pm