Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: So...waffles?

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:32 pm

"Maybe not vibrate, but I definitely can't keep still when I'm like that! Sometimes I even get in the mood to clean the house top to bottom!" It could be productive, but hyper cleaning also meant some details might be overlooked... The mention of absorbing grounded up burgers drew a light shudder. "W-well, I have blended up chicken, fruits and vegetables to a nice, paste-like consistency! That seems to do the trick. The less chunky, the better!" Otherwise it just felt a little gross as the bits of food just...sat on his scales.

Hearing that Sonia was happy made the alien squint his eyes, a warmth spreading in his chest. After suffering for so long, it was great to hear that his friend was happy now! "I'm so glad to hear that." He couldn't help a slight snort. He'd nearly forgotten how destructive Tav was... "That's one way to redecorate, just a shame it had to be because someone blasted their way through your wall." At least Sonia didn't seem scarred from the experience! As for himself, comfortable and confident sounded like the right words to describe how he felt about himself. "Thank you, I appreciate that very much, Sonia. You seem more comfortable too, and...at peace! Like a huge weight has been lifted from your shoulders." His gaze flickered down to her shirt, feeling the movement beneath the fabric. "Even though you're really pale, you also look like you've been sleeping well. So, I'm relieved that you and the horde are feeling better." Hopefully the headaches had eased up.

Taking the menu, Kev nodded back to the waiter as he opened it and browsed through the options. Waffles sounded great for Sonia, but for himself? "Hm...maybe. They do look nice and fluffy!" Glancing up, Kev nodded to the waiter. "I think we're ready, I just have a question. If I ordered waffles, would the cook be able to blend it up with syrup so that I could eat it? Or would that be asking for too much?" As he asked, Kev closed the menu and held it for the waiter to grab, other hand pulling his smoothie close. He gave it an experimental sniff, deeming it very fruity and nice. The variety of colors was pretty great too! Made it pop.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:58 pm

"hah! I can't imagine having that much energy. The house work for her had actually been lightened a considerable amount ever since the Horde had moved in. Oh it wasn't as if she had no chores, but as the Horde had become an integral part of her everyday life they had also become integrated into her chore schedule. They'd help her with things, or do small things on their own that in turn made the work load that much lighter, but they didn't do everything for her. As much as they loved and served her they weren't her slaves, and she was still allowed her independence.

"And that tastes alright? Having everything just blended together like that?" She would have thought it would have been gross beyond measure, everything just mixed all together. "Do you really not like any texture?" She supposed it made sense, after all with how he ate maybe texture would have made it more inconvenient? She waved off his concerns when it came to her property damage. "I'll admit I was pretty cheesed off about the whole thing at first, but it sure did give me an interesting story. Plus so many people have signed that wall now, it's nice to be able to look at all of their names." The names of her friends, those that remained and those that had went. It was a part of her, part of her history on Portal Breach.

"It honestly has, I had to face a lot of things to get my magic to unlock, come to peace with them," She played with her stray absentmindedly. "So that helped, plus since my magic was unlocked I've become more capable of handling my horde, it's a shame, but I guess my human brain just wasn't up for the task of handling that many other minds and sensations." Sometimes in order to survive you just had to evolve.

Sonia told the waiter her order and he jotted it down on his notebook. Alright one order of waffles, and then for you," He turned and looked at Kev. "I think that'd be fine, we've got a new powerful blender, I think it should be able to handle waffles fine enough if that's what you're wanting?"

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jun 24, 2016 5:43 pm

"That much energy is both a blessing and a curse." Kev spoke with a deep and melodramatic tone, though a soft snort at the end gave away that he wasn't being half as serious as he was trying to be. "It's a little erratic, but not so bad. It actually reminds me of how hyper I used to be my first couple of years here." Hyper was a word for it... Another would be high-strung. Perhaps even obnoxious! On some level, he almost missed it. Yet, he much preferred the level of energy he carried with him in the now. Not so tightly wound, and much stronger. It was like looking into his youth, it did no good to yearn for something that had come and gone. The experiences he had since those first few years were part of what made him who he is today. And, for the first time in a long time, Kev actually liked who he had become.

"Yep, pretty much! As long as the juices mix well, it usually makes for a varied but tasty mixture. And eating more greens and even some meat has helped me to bulk up." Two firm arms flexed, even though any sign of muscles were hidden beneath his sleeves. "Some texture is alright... Like creamy soups and even smoothies with little bits of food sprinkled inside. I don't enjoy it so much when there are big chunks of food left on my scales though. Winds up feeling a little...dirty." Whether it was bits of bread or hard bits of sliced vegetables, it simply didn't mesh with his scales. It was like trying to shove a square peg into a round hole. The term 'cheesed off' drew a chuckle, the alien storing that away for later. However, when it came to such property damage, Sonia didn't mind it! Aside from providing a good conversation starter, Sonia wound up with more names added onto the wall as the years went on. Truly, such memories that couldn't simply be picked up and carried to a new home. "Oh? You know... I don't think I've ever signed this wall! Maybe I should come over sometime and add my name to it. Livewire could too, if she hasn't already signed it!" All those times he had come to her apartment, never once did it cross his mind to sign it. Usually there were other things weighing on their minds, after all. It seemed as if today was the first time in a long time that neither of them had the weight of the world on their shoulders.

As Sonia continued, musing about the nature of her powers and what she had to do to gain control, Kev found himself feeling slightly uncomfortable. Slowly he pulled his hand away to rest it on his lap, trying to avoid looking at the lobsters that scurried beneath her shirt. Due to his own absence, there were many things regarding what Sonia had to do that he was in the dark about. One thing he'd learned for sure, had been that the dark haired young woman gave up her humanity. Being an alien, Kev couldn't quite comment much on what exactly humanity was. Hearing it now as Sonia described it, her humanity sounded...important. Like a part of her soul. The scaly man was vaguely aware of how his friend was only partially human. Did giving up some humanity mean she became more...the other thing, now? Grasping his own wrist and giving it a light squeeze, he tried to shake the feeling off as if it were a mere drizzle from a pesky summer shower.

After all, he couldn't argue with the results. The horde behaved themselves, Sonia slept soundly, and she seemed so peaceful now. Maybe Sonia being more...whatever else she was, wasn't so bad. Even the former Judges struggled with the many minds that buzzed within the city. To be mentally tied to so many little minds... It had to be maddening. Perhaps too maddening for any human. Almost hesitant, he looked back at Sonia and inclined his head to her. "I am...very glad that you finally found a solution for yourself." Even if it was one he didn't personally understand. Though, no time like the present, right? Finding a bit of stable footing, the alien branched out, leaning forward with interest. "With your magic unlocked, do you have any new powers or abilities? Does the Horde?" Maybe she could command them to form a giant protector made of lobsters.

Turning to the diligent waiter, Kev listened to the man's answer and considered it. A new blender, eh? "That sounds absolutely perfect, thank you! Waffles and this smoothie," He briefly lifted the glass. "Definitely what I'm craving for today." Relieved that his request was not too outlandish for the server, the Kryptonistanian relaxed within his chair. Now to play the waiting game.

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:32 am

"I bet, I wouldn't know what to do with myself." She'd probably run through about a million things, be bored, and then end up crashing down and wanting a nap. "Ha! I remember that, man," she sighed and looked almost nostalgic. "We all sure got up to a lot of trouble." Some more than others, but most people had meant well. Most. Boy time sure did change things though. "I see, so do you taste everything you touch?" Had they ever actually gone over his physiology? She felt like they must have at some point, but she couldn't remember the details.

Her face turned up into a smile. "I'd really like that, for both of you to sign that is." That way there'd always be a piece of them nearby. And, God forbid, if the time came that one of them disappeared. There'd still be a piece of them left behind so she'd never forget.

"I am...very glad that you finally found a solution for yourself. With your magic unlocked, do you have any new powers or abilities? Does the Horde?"

Sonia looked at him thoughtfully, but didn't say anything because of the waiters appearance. [color:4b8e=[pink]"Coming right up then, alright you two just sit tight and I'll have that out shortly." He winked and then walked off back to the kitchen, leaving the two of them alone once more.

A bit more comfortable without an audience, Sonia loosed her scarf a little. "You remember Aristotle right? My current right hand?" Maybe he didn't know the right hand part, but it would probably be hard to forget a completely blue lobster. Underneath the scarf gleamed dark blue chitin, which encircled her neck like some ceremonial necklace. Then it moved, Aristotles head poking out from around the back of Sonia's head. Of course, if Kev was paying attention, that would have meant that the lobsters body was completely wrapped around Sonia's neck, which meant he was much longer than a lobster should have been. Aristotle moved, slithered, too many legs working to push his elongated body out to hover in the air in front of Kev. He clicked his mandibles at the alien. "He says hello!" Aristotle returned to his previous position and Sonia fixed her scarf once more.

"The others changed as well, some are bigger and...pointier. Others are taller. The release of all of my magic caused...well I'm not sure if you'd call them mutations. My ancestors weren't exactly human, so I guess the release of my magic made me more like them, and the horde changed to suit." She played with her glass a little and then looked at Kev directly. "Actually, it's weird, but my complexion wasn't the only thing that changed. According to the doctor, my organs are just sort of...not there anymore. I mean they are," She tried to explain before he panicked. "But they also sort of aren't. They're more, melding together into one."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:54 pm

Kev chuckled, thinking back to such days as well, though not with the same level of nostalgia. "Yeah, back when the world seemed a lot smaller. I kinda like not getting into trouble anymore, though." Not getting kidnapped was definitely a plus! Glancing down at his hands, particularly the spaces between his scales, the alien nodded to answer Sonia's question. "For the most part, yes. Some things I can't really taste, like clean fabric. But if I got covered in something that's liquid, or there's a thick sort of residue, I can definitely taste it!" Made walking in the rain an interesting experience. Getting covered in something less nice though...? Eugh.

Eyes crinkling with a smile of his own, Kev bobbed his head in agreement. "You've got it! I'll talk to Livewire and we can work out a time to come over. I bet she'd like to catch up with you too." The femme truly did care for Sonia, perhaps seeing the woman again would really make her day! His friend's thoughtful look made him glance away and to the waiter instead, inwardly cringing. Perhaps his hesitation had been too obvious. Kev knew he had no place to talk about the methods Sonia used to better herself, he was sure she might not have been happy with what he had done to be stronger. Plus, Kev hadn't been there for her, so who was he to judge? "Alright!" He responded to the waiter brightly, not minding a slight wait as he busied himself with his smoothie. The delicious mixture of fruits was steadily absorbed, and only when Sonia spoke up once again did Kev look back at her.

"Hm...? Oh! Right, Aristotle! Yes, I remember him." Had it really been over a year since he actually saw the little lobster? Craning his head as Sonia loosened her scarf to reveal the little crustacean. ...Only to find a very big one. Looped around like a scaly blue necklace, Kev's own blue eyes widened at the sight. "Wow! He uh...he got a lot bigger than I remember him being!" And so many legs, he looked like a centipede! Leaving the safety of Sonia's body, Aristotle stretched himself out to hover his body before the scaly man in greetings. As off-putting as it was, he was actually relieved that this lobster didn't seem to have any hard feelings. Raising his free hand, Kev's fingers wriggled at the lobster lightly. "Hello, Aristotle! It's nice to see you again." Back behind the dark haired woman's head he went, and her scarf was readjusted. Apparently Aristotle's change wasn't unique, as Sonia confirmed that all of the lobsters in her horde had changed.

Bigger, pointier, taller... "It sounds like your magic beefed them up!" Kev offered, only partially joking. As Sonia had changed, it seemed to affect the horde as well, and so they all were now a mixture of Sonia's ancestors, and their Earthly selves. "Oh...has it changed their personalities at all? Do they mind the change or are they fine with it?" As his friend looked right into his eyes, the alien leaned in closer to the table, one hand still busy with his glass while the other carefully gripped the edge of the table. "N-not...there?" He stuttered, turning paler for a moment before she explained. A deep sigh burst out of him, almost flopping against the table in relief. Granted, her organs all being smashed together like a toddler trying to create art with play-doh didn't exactly sound good or healthy... But it was better than her body being hollowed out! "I um...wow. That's..." Horrifying? He shook his head for a moment, as if trying to focus his thoughts. "I mean, does that hurt? Your ancestors sound like they are...something else entirely."

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:12 pm

Sonia laughed a little in agreement. "Yeah, I can't imagine that was fun. Honestly I prefer things now too, I think I'm just getting too old to be running around always in trouble like I use to be." Mind you she had never been in serious trouble, not like some other people. But she had been pretty involved in others affairs back in the day, sometimes probably to too much extent. Trying to help was nice, but there was a line between trying to help and sticking your nose into other peoples business.

She winced as Kev explained to what level he could taste things. "I am so sorry, I can't even imagine." Oh the things he must have tasted over the years, especially if it involved X teasing them in the Sanctuary. Poor guy. "So...what's the worst thing you've ever tasted?" She asked, not really wanting to know but also reaaaaaaally wanting to know.

Inside her scarf Aristotle readjusted himself, his small little legs digging into her neck just ever so slightly. "Yeah, something like that. They're connected to me, actually we're all pretty much inseparable, so when I changed it leaked into them and they changed too. They're personalities haven't changed though, just their looks. Other than a few extra spikes or a few extra feet, we're all pretty much the same as before."

On the question of whether or not it hurt though she had to think about it for a few seconds. "Not really?" Sonia shrugged. "I mean it hurt when it happened, a lot of the whole transformation hurt. But after it was done it was mostly just a dull pain. Still, Leo insisted I go to the hospital to get checked out and wouldn't you know it." She shrugged again like "oh well". "Yeah, my Grandmothers family weren't really like us. They have their skin which was on the outside, but then on the inside they were just one solid...thing...They didn't have organs or anything like that, they were just one single whole entity. I think that's why their skins were so important to them, because if their insides got even just a little bit hurt they'd die." At least that was what history would seem to imply.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:38 pm

"You're telling me! I remember when a little field trip out to the desert or the forest seemed like an easy little thing you could just 'decide' to do without any plans. Now if I want to go out somewhere, I have to actually have a plan. Take care of the store, the animals, the girls..." He couldn't just drop everything and run out of the house. Not that there was anything wrong with that, being responsible was an admirable trait. However, it did make one feel a bit older to have so many things resting on their shoulders like that. No more trouble for the two of them, no sir.

"Well, normally it isn't so bad..." Kev insisted with a light shrug, resistant to viewing his plight as a raw deal. It really wasn't so awful, honest! Though Sonia's question did bring up a few...choice memories. The worst, huh? Scratching lightly at his chin, the alien pondered. "The worst is probably the time Fear threw up on me because he drank too much. Beer mixed with corpse fluids...uuugh, haha!" A light shiver rippled down his spine, his scales bristling along with it as he chuckled. The memory still sent disgusted prickles through him!

At least it was only their looks that changed. The horde's bond with Sonia had already changed their minds enough that they were used to it, maybe a little extra something on their body wasn't so important. As Sonia became less human, it seeped into them as well. Much like how the bond with Kev made Fear a bit more...'human'. Mental bonds were give and take, like a game of tug o' war. "I'm glad the changes are only physical." Kev sighed, relaxing.

Hm...so the transformation itself had hurt, but after that everything had slowed to a dull sort of pain. Which meant the process of her organs melding together was just...not noticed. A hand came to hover above his abdomen, even imagining such a process made him feel a little bit squeamish. "How is Leo?" Kev asked suddenly, between her explanations. As for the ancestors, who were on Sonia's grandmother's side, their skin was on the outside, like a suit. Inside was one single entity, lingering within the skin and very delicate. The outer skin was like a protective shield in that way. His head tilted curiously, steadily working his way through his smoothie. The woman's ancestors were unlike anything he'd ever met or seen before. "So does that mean their skin could just...come off? Where did they come from?"

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Jul 03, 2016 8:22 pm

"Yeah, there's certainly a lot more we all have to be responsible for now. Not to mention things aren't nearly as...well I don't want to say safe. I don't think  things were all that much safe back then either, but it just feels different now. " Perhaps things simply felt smaller, after so many years of being on Portal Breach and so much exploration, it seemed to Sonia that it would just be so much more easy to run into people that you might not want to. Even though the forest was huge, and that was probably not very likely at all. It just...FELT like that. Like if you just wandered out that perhaps you'd only have to go a certain distance before running into someone or something. People had expanded outwards, not longer being too scared to leave the city, or just feeling to cramped within the city walls.

The waiter interrupted her thoughts by returning with their orders. "Here you both are, waffles for you miss, and here is your waffle smoothie buddy. Syrup is right there next to you and so is the butter." The young man pointed to the little holder at the end of their table, stocked with syrup and little plastic individual tubs of butter. "You both give a shout if you need anything okay?" And then he left them alone with their meal.

Sonia wasted no time, already starving by this point she dug into the waffles with gusto. Small shivers ran down her spine. "Oh man I haven't had waffles like this in forever." She was just about to take another bite when Kev mentioned the vomit and corpse juices. "Oh god that sounds horrible, I can't even imagine." She said, her face scrunched up as her brain tried to process just how...nope. On second thought she didn't even want to come close to picturing it.

Her fork returned to her plate all together at the mention of her brother. "Do you mean in general or concerning all of this." Sonia motioned to herself. "Leo wasn't a fan of the idea, or relatives aren't exactly the most empahtetic creatures. From what I understand it's hard to kill them, and so long as they continue to switch out their skins they can essentially live forever. Grandma never talked about it but I got a sense that they were old, older than the Earth that Leo and I came from. He was sort of worried that if I got closer to that I might no longer be me." She fiddled with her fork before lifting it up to her scarf, Aristotle poking his head out to nibble at the waffle presented.

"He's not entirely wrong to worry, that one time that my magic ran rampant, years ago when Mr. Dark was here. I lost my mind, went ballistic, tried to hurt people. So I get why he was worried, he didn't know whether or not at the end of it if I'd even still be me." She shrugged. "But here I still am. So all's well that ends well I suppose. And to answer your question about their skin, from what I know they made it and wore it, and eventually had to take it off to change it once the skin got old, otherwise they'd die. As for where they came from exactly? I don't know, Grandma only ever talked about it being from somewhere far away."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:34 pm

Sonia wrote:"Not to mention things aren't nearly as...well I don't want to say safe. I don't think  things were all that much safe back then either, but it just feels different now."

"Hm?" Kev's head cocked to the side, a little perplexed. Different? Safe wasn't the right word apparently, but...it was close enough to what Sonia was thinking. "I guess that depends on what you think you aren't safe from. I certainly feel a lot safer now, but that's because I used to get dragged into a lot of stuff several years ago." Plus, the scaly alien had lived outside of the city for so long, only fairly recently had he moved into his house. He was used to feeling perhaps a bit scared of the things lurking in the wilderness, but more than ever he now felt very safe. "It helps that people like Daemeon have disappeared. Why does it feel so different to you?" Was it perhaps the lack of visible evil people? Better the devil you know than the one you don't, after all. And the Gods knew there were probably quite a few that the two didn't know of lurking in the dark. Yet, such a thing was always a constant. Probably a part of life, not just in the Breach.

"Oh, thank you!" That had come out faster than he expected! The alien perked up in his chair, staring down at the golden mixture the waiter had brought for him. Grasping his bowl and bringing it closer, Kev gave it an experimental sniff. Definitely smelled of the soft, almost doughy material waffles were typically made of. Their waiter pointed out the butter and syrup, and the scaly man reached out to snatch up two plastic tubs for his waffle smoothie. "Will do, sir. Thank you!" Unwrapping the napkin to get his utensils, Kev used the butter knife and scooped out the tubs to drop the butter right in the middle of his smoothie. A spoon was used to stir it up in the warm mixture, melting the butter and spreading it all throughout.

Waiting til Sonia was done, Kev grasped the syrup and poured a bit into his waffle smoothie, unable to help a soft chuckle at how ravenous his friend was. "These'll be my first waffles!" Being very mindful of the amount of syrup he used, he stirred it and folded it within the golden mixture before deeming it ready. Fingertips dipping in experimentally, he was not disappointed. A soft trill sounded, toes curling within his boots as his fingers wriggled in the mix. "It's so thick, but so...filling! It's like bread pudding!" Aside from a brief laugh at Sonia's reaction and a light shrug to indicate that it wasn't so bad, he was content to let the disgusting topic slide. They were eating, after all!

Much more interesting was Leo, as the green eyed woman thought that Kev had meant what he thought about her transformation. "In general. Though now that you mention it...I am curious about what he thought." Elbows resting on the table, Kev leaned forward ever so slightly. Aah... So Leo hadn't actually approved of it either. He held several reservations, which made sense to the alien now that he was hearing them. Disconnected creatures, their ancestors were, and hard to kill. Their skin was their only weak point. As for Leo's worries... they were quite similar to the ones Kev held when he'd first heard about Sonia's transformation. "I see..." Idly, his eyes followed as Sonia brought a bit of waffle up for Aristotle.

"Mr. Dark?" The name was familiar, belonging to a man that once haunted Kev's dreams. Gaunt skin, shining gold eyes, a man who's very presence drew out the worst in someone. For Sonia, who had such terrifying ancestry... The alien winced sympathetically. "I'm sorry you went through that. I had no idea..." And if Leo had been a witness to all of that, it only made the man's fear worse. "What does he think, now that you've been through it and you're still you? I bet he's relieved." As if his deepest fears had been proven wrong, no doubt. As for their skin, it sounded very much like clothes since they went through it so easily. "Does the skin still look the same when they change it?" He inquired, a finger drawing small circles in his waffle mix. His gaze turned thoughtful, so the ancestors had come from very far away... Sonia's grandmother seemed to leave a lot of details out of her stories. "Did your grandmother ever tell you how she came to Earth?" It sounded as if the other ancestors typically kept to their own, so how did this one go on to have grandchildren?

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:34 am

"I guess maybe safe isn't the right word? I'm not sure honestly. It feels like the world is so much smaller now than it was before, so if you ventured out you might just end up running into someone that you don't like. Or...you probably wouldn't actually, that's just how it feels. But even then you're right, there are a lot of bad people that aren't here anymore. So I guess it is safer now than it ever has been. Especially with the ISO's and the shield." Feeling a little parched she drank some of her water, wow she had been talking a lot in this get together.

"So, what do you think about waffles? Do you like them? She asked, turning the conversation towards Kev, it wasn't exactly fair if this was all about her. "Bread pudding huh?" Well that was an interesting comparison.

At Kev's correction she felt a little embarrassed. "Oh! You just meant, uh, he's fine. He's been keeping busy with work. He tries to solve small problems here and there for people, mostly he works from home. He's been getting more sleep than he use to so that's good." At least more sleep than from before her transformation. Leo had nearly worried himself sick before Sonia had emerged fine, worrying was just something that he was prone to do.

"It's fine Kev," she simply smiled and shrugged. "No one really had any control over what happened, and I haven't really told anyone about it. As for Leo, he's relieved yeah, he's happy to see that I'm still me and that I'm better." Better as in not dying, which was good! "Uh, no. From what I know they can make their skins look like anything. And Grandma said that when the whole family was together they just liked to travel through space, see different planets....torment people..." She added after a moment of hesitation. "My relatives weren't exactly nice people."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Thu Jul 07, 2016 3:31 pm

Fruit smoothie now drained to the bottom of his glass, one hand was busy with his waffles as the other scratched at his chin and neck. Kev did agree that the world felt smaller, the far reaches did not seem so vast. Visiting the jungles probably helped narrow down the world for him too! A whole new continent was out there... Sonia's point however, seemed to come back to perhaps having fewer places to run to or avoid people one didn't want to see? "Is there anybody in particular that you're worried about running into?" He asked, before nodding his head in agreement. "It makes me wish we had the ISOs and the shield several years ago. The Police Force did the best job they could! But...this is a big place, and they could only do so much. Even the ISOs only work in the City." History would have certainly turned out different, though at least it was changed for the future. Comparatively, the world was safer.

"I do like them!" His gaze turned down to the mixture, pulling his fingers out of the waffles and watching as the blended food clung lightly to his scales. "It's a little thick, but there's enough for me to absorb. I can definitely taste the syrup, though it's a little sweet even without it. It reminds me of pudding or cake, it feels sort of...desserty! If that makes any sense...the sensation just feels closest to when people serve me blended cupcakes and such." That strange feeling of blended and partially liquefied 'bready' products. Always a strange sensation, but definitely unique enough for him to enjoy. "I probably won't eat these every morning but...having it as a treat might be nice~."

A hand waved lightly as Sonia, dismissive of the mistake as it was easy enough to make. He did perk up curiously as she started telling him about Leo, though! "Oh, I didn't know he had a job! What sorts of problems does he help with?" Overall, it sounded like Sonia's brother was living a more peaceful life than he had before. "I'm glad to hear he's feeling better. I know when he was a cop, he was very stressed out. Almost constantly." The poor guy deserved to have some relaxation with his family.

Sonia insisted that it was fine, and indeed, no one had any control over the situation. Over anything at all, to be honest! On the whole, she seemed at peace with what had happened to her, and so the alien gave her a serene nod of agreement and acceptance. "Anything? That sounds...very potentially dangerous." Just when you thought you might have found one of Sonia's ancestors, they could change their outer appearance and drop below the radar again. Sonia's kin had been travelers, going to different worlds with the intent to harm people. Kev winced, patterns ceasing in his food for a while. "Yes, they sound...rather scary. Your grandmother sounds like she was different, though." After a moment he winced again, briefly concerned. "Unless she wasn't...?" He certainly hoped she wasn't a mean grandma to little Sonia and Leo!

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Sonia took to her waffles with gusto despite her rather long winded explanation about everything, already they were half gone, and her horde had barely contributed to their consumption. "Honestly?" She paused to give thought to his question before shrugging again. "No one really, but I don't really go out of my way to make enemies these days. Just sort of prefer to keep to myself and my few friends." Humming morosely she took another bite of the waffles. "There just wasn't enough people or resources and it's a thankless job with not too many signing up, not that many of them could have signed up."

Not that there had been many who wanted to sign up at all really, most disliked the police force.

But on to better things, like waffles! "Good! I'm glad that you like them so much, now you've got a new thing to look forward to every once in awhile." As for it being a dessert, yeah she could see that, what with it being so sweet and so cake like. "Yeah, Leo's a private investigator, mostly he just helps find information and lost things I believe? And yeah, he's a lot happier now that he doesn't have to be a police officer anymore." Not that he had been all that happy about how the force fell apart at the end, but really what could he do?
    Go back on what he had said previously and be a hypocrite? Become a vigilante?

"...yeah, they were pretty dangerous." Which was putting the lot of them mildly. Sonia toyed with the last bite of her waffle silently for a moment. "...No. She was pretty much like them. But she chose to stay on Earth with Grandpa instead of leave with them, I think she ended up killing one of her siblings over it? Anyways, she never treated my brothers or me badly, I mean, we were HER grandkids." And since they were part of her that meant she'd die to defend them, because they were HERS.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 08, 2016 10:16 pm

No one at all? Kev hummed lightly, a bit thoughtful for a moment. There was no one around that she'd dislike seeing, and yet she felt as if the world had gotten so small, that one could run into somebody they'd rather not. Fingertips rubbing into the bottom of his bowl, the alien shrugged lightly. "Good, then I guess there's no one around you'd be unhappy to run into. For others that might not be the case...for instance, I'm sure Hazama is still skulking around somewhere. But I'm not scared of him doing anything." Why would he? If the neon haired man could walk Kev into his secret base and keep from trying to kill him, that meant whatever Hazama's intentions, they weren't malicious. At least, he didn't care to harm or kill the scaly alien. "I don't think I've ever really known you to have any enemies anyway. Disagreements maybe...but usually you've been good at staying out of fights." As for the police... A small sigh sounded from him, Kev's shoulders slacking lightly beneath his jacket. "And it doesn't help that the few officers there were started to disappear...if it means anything, I've always appreciated what the police and your brother did." He'd always tried to help when he was able, providing the Police Force with information on Mr. Dark. Things were better with the ISOs but he never hated the officers.

"Hehe, yeah! You know, I've seen some of these in the grocery store, they go in the toasters and stuff? Are those any good, or are they best when made fresh?" It was always fun to learn about a new treat! As for Leo's job, he was a private investigator. Helping to find information and lost items for people. "Hm! Sounds like he gets to help people, even if it isn't in some big, bombastic way. The little ways count too." And, at times, were perhaps the most meaningful.

Well...can't say he ever figured Sonia's otherworldly ancestry to be so...dangerous. It made her giving up some humanity to that ancestry a bit worrisome. No wonder Leo had reservations. Even their grandmother was still pretty much the same as the others, up to the point of killing a sibling over her decision to stay. Otherwise, she treated her descendants well. "Hm... I guess they sound so different that I could never really understand their ways. Still, they sound very dangerous and I am even more glad that you managed to stay you!"

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:00 pm

"Hmm, not really any I can think of at the moment. I mean give it some time though, I'm sure there will be someone who comes along that I end up having a beef over. People can't get along all the time after all." She was sure that eventually there'd be someone she just didn't get along with, and when that time came she'd probably very much like to NOT run into them if she took a walk through the forest. "what can I say, never got the point to holding huge grudges. All it ever did was end up leading to two people fighting,and then four and then so on and so forth. It was always a mess, I'd just rather not be in the middle of something like that. No doubt Kev would be able to think of several examples of what she was talking about.

"Who was Hazama again?" She'd felt like she'd heard that name before...but where?

Sonia put down the fork and reached over to pat gently at Kev's hand. "I'm sure it would mean a lot to Leo for you to say that. He sometimes wonders if he ever managed to do any good in that job, so it's nice that at least someone appreciated all the hard work that he and the others tried to do." She picked up her fork once more and stuffed the last piece of waffle into her mouth. "Yeah you can get them from the grocery store, but honestly whether or not you prefer them fresh will be up to you. I don't mind them either way, waffles are waffles to me." And by that she meant delicious.

Back on the subject of her relatives though..."Yeah, they're not very friendly, back a long time ago they gave me and my brother some trouble. But we ended up getting rid of them eventually." By murdering one of them, but unfortunately there were only so many ways to get through to beings like them. "Me too! Honestly I was a little worried myself at first, but I'm glad that in the end I was able to pull through."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Very true, people couldn't always get along. It'd be nice but...well, Kev had first had knowledge now that sometimes you just couldn't compromise. His gaze turned thoughtful, nodding his head. "Well, whenever you do have that beef, I hope it won't be violent or anything." There was nothing wrong with disagreeing with somebody, but if your life was in danger because of it, that wasn't good. The last thing he wanted was for his friend to be in danger. "Grudges are hard... I try not to hold them anymore, but it's more for me. I've never really gotten into that sort of mess with the grudges I've had in the past, but that meant I was only hurting myself by keeping them. Especially once the person I had a grudge against just...disappeared. There's no use lingering on hurt feelings for somebody that doesn't even exist in the same world as you anymore."

Hazama... Shifting his pose to lean against the arm of the chair, his finger lazily drew a line in his waffles, the bottom of the bowl becoming visible. "Hazama has bright green hair, always keeps his eyes closed because he actually looks really...scary, once they're opened. He wears a little suit and a hat, and he isn't what he appears to be. A few years ago, a black beast appeared in the forest, tearing it down and killing animals. We took it down, and later Hazama appeared in the news, insisting that he had created it and had an army's worth ready to destroy the Breach. We were helped by a man named Ragna, who knew Hazama from his world. As it turns out, Hazama had no army, and Ragna became the beast before being thrown back into the past for us to fight and kill him. Hazama's endgame was destroying the one person who knew his tricks and could defeat him." A rather smart plan, if a bit annoying since they had all been played like a fiddle.

Kev would have returned the pat, but he doubted Sonia would appreciate getting globs of blended waffle on her skin. He settled for squinting his eyes in a content manner. "Of course! I think the Law Force did the best they could with what they had. They weren't exactly psychic, after all..." It was why the ISOs were all around better, as they seemed to instantly detect most crimes. That, and a lack of bias towards any direction or way of life. "I'd say they definitely didn't make things worse either. For that, I can respect them." As Sonia gobbled up the last of her waffles, she confirmed that the waffles could be bought at the store, and that she didn't taste any difference herself. "Alright! I'll have to give those a try then." Here's hoping they were as good as these waffles!

Well, even more reason for Leo to be iffy of them. The pair had run into trouble with their relatives and eventually got rid of them. "Good! They sound as if they couldn't really be reasoned with." Even poor Sonia herself was scared that she may have lost herself, and this time he raised his free hand to pat one of her's. "Indeed. As scary as your change must have been it...does seem to be exactly what you had needed. As your friend, it was hard to see you hurt and struggle like that so...to see that you're looking even better than before is a huge relief."

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:15 pm