Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: So...waffles?

Post by Sonia on Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:59 am

"I hope the same, though honestly I hope I never have the beef still." She'd had enough of violence in her day, she was good for now. All she wanted to do was kick back and relax for the first time in ages. "It's good that you're able to let go though, it's unhealthy to be stuck in them forever. Especially, if as Kev said, the person who you held such negative feelings for wasn't even around anymore. To be stuck with that much negativity and no outlet sucked, all you could really do in the end was try and work to get to a place where you could let it go.

Kev was briefly through his description of Hazama before Sonia realized who he was taking about. Oh! HIM." She exclaimed. I know who you're talking about now. I met him once, very briefly, I thought he looked shady..." Never trust fedora wearers, it never ended well. "I'm glad to hear that Kev." She said in response to his kind words about the old police force. She had known about the flaws in the group too, but she had always tried to support her brother, and seeing him so torn up and stressed over it had upset her.

"Definitely do! And let me know if you like them more than these." Maybe she could treat him to waffles another time! "And no you're right, they're not much for reasoning..but thank you Kev. It means a lot for me to hear you say that, and I'm sorry that I worried you so much." She smiled back at him, but the warm tender moment of adorable friendship was unfortunately interrupted by their waiter.

"Hey you two! Everything going well over here still? Do you need refills on anything?" He asked, oblivious to the mood.
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:36 am

Pfft, the continued reference of fighting and grudges as a 'beef' was rather amusing the more they used it. "Yeah, I hope so too!" Kev chuckled, not exactly wanting his friend to go out, fists a-flying. If Sonia could go on in her life without making enemies, that'd certainly be preferable. "I don't think you'll have any trouble, though." Why would she? As for the alien himself, grudges had been set free and those who remained, like Ridley and Hazama? They were threats, and he'd keep an eye out, but no longer did he linger on them. "I'm glad too, I feel much lighter now!" He let out a soft, deep breath. It really did feel as though he had shed off some old skin.

Ah, good! Sonia did recognize him! Kev nodded his head, Hazama had made more than a few visits to the Sanctuary during his time here. No doubt, she'd seen him in there. "Yeah, he's pretty shady. Hard to get a read on, which is probably how he likes it." The man liked to be mysterious, he probably got a kick out of it. As for the police, Kev bobbed his head in a respectful nod. He'd never had a reason to really dislike the police, after all! "I'll let you know!" It'd be interesting to compare to two waffles tastes. A nice, fuzzy feeling was blooming in his chest. He had been missing his friend, so seeing her and talking to her like this felt great. "You're welcome!" As for the apology, the alien squeezed her hand. "You don't have to apologize, it's fine. I'm sure you were worried about me too! And besides, I made myself worry." With Kev's training at home, she couldn't exactly give him a typed itinerary of how she was going to fix herself. "The important thing is that we're both here, and we both feel better too."

The waiter's appearance made the alien jolt, fingers gripping Sonia hard before letting her go and pulling his hand back into his own lap. Blimey, where had he even come from?! "O-oh, I'm good, no refills for me!" The smoothie had been drained, and the waffle mixture was close to being drained as well. "What about you, Sonia?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Tue Jul 12, 2016 9:03 am

Beef. Beef. Beef. Beef. All of the beef, aaaaall of it. "You don't think so? I hope not." She tended to try and mind her own business and keep to herself, though she wasn't entirely sure she wouldn't make ANY enemies. If she saw someone doing something horrible she was probably going to speak up. "That's good!" She exclaimed. "I'm glad that you do." She was happy that in the end both of them had come out for the better, had been able to put all that stuff behind them and move on. Now they could move forward and take the next step in their lives, whatever that step was going to be.

"Yeah, he seems like the type that would get a kick out of it." She said, agreeing about Hazama. "You had better!" She said, smiling back as warmth began to flow through her as well. How'd she'd missed him, her friend. However the good feelings came to a crashing halt when the waiter just abruptly appeared, scaring them both.

"I'm good actually," her waffles were all gone leaving only the remains of some syrup. "I think we'll actually be good for the bill if that's okay." She told the waiter, who nodded and left to go get it for them. "I call dibs on paying." She said the second he walked away.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:35 am

Beef, beef, where's the beef? "Yeah, you're pretty agreeable. I don't think I've known anyone to hate you. ...Well except maybe Tav, since she broke into your apartment, but she hated everyone." Kev added with a light wave of the hand, snorting. Indeed, the little alien had been a rather...angry individual. Maybe she didn't hate Sonia, but breaking into someone's apartment, killing a guy in there, and carving your name on a wall? Certainly wasn't something you do to someone you like. The alien chuckled lightly, at this point they might get caught in a glad-ception. He was glad, Sonia was glad he was glad, now he was glad Sonia was glad he was glad? To make it simple for the two of them, he just nodded his agreements before responding. "I hope you feel lighter too."

"He gets a kick out of a lot of things..." Shuffling in his seat, Kev sighed to himself at the thought. "He's dangerous, but it's...strange. He is strange. Hazama's been quiet for a while now but he also showed me to his base so...he's either really cocky, has everything accounted for, or he's just really stupid." But with that time travel plan? Hazama probably had all of his ducks in a row for...whatever he was going to do. Even though he'd shown the scaly man to his new little base, it might not help stop him. Hazama probably had a back-up home. On a far more positive moment, Sonia admonished him playfully and he laughed. "Of course!" Indeed, he felt so happy that after everything they had been through, they could continue to have a friendship. Perhaps this little waffle breakfast could be the first step in more frequent contact between the two of them! Around their busy lives, of course.

No refills were requested from Sonia, as she asked for the bill instead. As soon as the waiter left the black haired girl insisted upon paying and he laughed, throwing her a cheeky wink. "Of course! We had a deal, after all!" Kev paid for their last breakfast, this time would be Sonia's turn. Playfulness melted into light worry as his dark blue eyes overlooked his dirtied glass and bowl. "I just hope my food won't cost too much."

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:52 pm

No where near Sonia, that was for sure, she was trying to have a beef free life after all. Though try really was the main word there..."Yeah I don't remember Tav liking much of anyone..." Especially not her, of course the little alien had treated everyone like crap. But Sonia had a special place in her heart for Tav, especially reserved for the alien that had tied her up and stabbed her multiple times in the sanctuary for the shits and giggles of it. Huh, maybe she had aimed that guy into Sonia's apartment on purpose.

"I do honestly," she felt the lightest she had in years, ever since the beginning of her spiral with Spy's disappearance.

Kev continued to describe Hazama and Sonia could only nod. "Yeah, definitely sounds like a guy who's up to no good. Hopefully he'll just give up or if all else fails, we'll stop him. We always do." They hadn't let the world blow up yet, and Sonia didn't think anyone was keen to permanently die. At the mention of their deal she simply shrugged. "Hey I just didn't want you getting any ideas, plus it's been awhile so for all I knew you could have forgotten."

The waiter returned with their bill and Sonia paid it, leaving a nice little tip for the man. After he left she began to tug on her coat. "So, you ready to head back out into the cold?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:17 am

"Yeeeah..." Kev agreed, a slightly awkward chuckle. Indeed, there had once been a time where a visit to the Sanctuary was guaranteed to involve an argument with Tav. Followed up shortly after with somebody being chucked out the window. In hindsight, perhaps Tav wasn't the only jerk, or at least she seemed to sniff out bad character traits, considering how things went down with Carrie. Didn't excuse Tav's behavior though. As for Sonia feeling lighter too, the alien hummed his approval with squinted eyes. Lighter than air, the two of them. It'd taken a lot of work for them both to get here, but it made him feel so hopeful now. He was healthier, he had a great support network, and Sonia was feeling good too! A far cry from their last little waffle 'date'.

"You're right. I mean, we've survived Gods, I'm sure we'll be fine no matter what Hazama has planned!" Though maybe X was the one who should be more worried...shaking his head to ward off the thought, he focused back on Sonia. With a shrug, she insisted that she thought he might have forgotten and simply wanted to keep him from deciding to pay again. Scratching the back of his skull, Kev avoided her gaze for a moment. "Ah, no, I remembered. It was a little hard to forget. I had been thinking about us hanging out again for a while." For many reasons, the last time they had officially hung out outside of the Sanctuary was a memory that Kev had carried in the months that followed their get-together. First due to his training, then due to missing his friend. "Either way, don't worry. You can pay for this one."

Just in time as the waiter returned with their receipt. While Sonia took care of the bill, Kev busied himself with a nice pile of napkins. Wiping his hands clean of all food, the soiled napkins were piled up on top of his dirty plate to be thrown away and his gloves were slipped back on. "Ready as I'll ever be!" He responded, rising from his seat. As he did, the hat upon his head was tugged on and the scarf bundled closer to his neck. Following Sonia's lead, he tugged on his jacket and smoothed the front of it out, before finally grabbing the end of his blue and yellow striped scarf and waving it at his friend.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 pm

"Yeaaah..." She said back in agreement. Tav hadn't been one of the worst people that Sonia had ever met, but she certainly had not been pleasant, and that was before she had started stabbing Sonia. In fact she'd pretty much been the opposite of pleasant from the get go, it was still hard for Sonia to wrap her head around how someone like XR had possibly been friends with her. But then again, XR had dome some screwed up stuff in his time, and had it really been friendship or had they been frenemies with benefits? It was such a long time ago...Probably best to just let ghosts be.

"Of course," She responded assuredly. "I mean we survived a planet being torn in half, we can take on anything." All cliches aside, all they needed to do was to come together and work towards a goal. And if the power of friendship would get them all through it then certainly the power of not wanting to die would. "Sorry that I kept you waiting so long, next time for sure we'll meet up sooner." Instead of waiting just months on end, she'd have to make sure to clear some time away in her schedule.

Giggling as Kev wiggled the end of his scarf at her she offered her arm to him and opened the door. "Well, let's get back out there and freeze to death."

Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:30 am

Suddenly, something rather funny and strange dawned on the scaly alien. The two of them were casually discussing all of the times that this world, this very Gamma had almost been destroyed, as if they were mere happenings on a past Tuesday! He chuckled at the realization, only here could these past experiences be mundane. "Yeah, you're right. This place has been through so much, I'm sure we can survive anything!" This place made hardy people, citizens who were willing to fight when they had to, who could band together in times of crisis. If nothing could kill them all by now, he was certain nothing ever would. Long gone were the worries of the past, fretting over the next disaster or return of any big baddies.

"It's fine. Maybe now was the best time, there were certain moments this past year that if we had met up for waffles it uh...might not have been such a pleasant experience." Kev admitted, scratching the scales on his neck awkwardly. The past year had definitely been one of transition and change, some of those changes had been hard to deal with. It all worked out in the end though, coming to a peaceful resolution. "I'd definitely like to do this again, though! Maybe even see what this place has for lunch." His dark blue eyes were bright with the idea of hanging out with Sonia, reconnecting like this again was like a gulp of fresh air. He really had missed hanging out with her, and this might be the first time in a long time that it hadn't ended with either of them getting upset or saddened.

Kev winked back at her playfully before he dropped the scarf and stepped closer. His arm looped around her offered one, the two now hip to hip. "Just so you know, I'd probably freeze to death first! You'll be stuck dragging my popsicle body." He teased, before stepping through the door she had opened.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:03 am

Maybe that wasn't an entirely good thing that they had all grown so use to disaster and chaos that it seemed mundane. But now, after all that they had been through, so many of them had so much experience, so many of them were survivors that it was near impossible to take them out. If the world being split in half hand't done it, what honestly would?

No, no matter what they'd push on, because that was what they did.

"Yeah, you're probably right. I'm glad we got to meet up here now though." Better late then never after all! "Sure! I could be down for some lunch if you are." Maybe they'd even have something that they wouldn't have to puree for Kev, like soup! Soup was always nice, especially on cold days like these!

Snorting at the idea of dragging Kev through the cold she stepped through the open door. "Fiiiiiine. But I'm only dragging you so far before propping you up like a decoration."
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:57 pm

Indeed, perhaps it wasn't so good that they were used to it. There weren't a lot of ways to deal and cope with the disasters they had witnessed though. As long as they didn't lose their sympathy, empathy, and humanity, they should be fine. Kev knew there had been moments where he had been coarse and unsympathetic, moments he hoped he had made up for by now. If not, there was always the future to make up for it, right? Just because you were used to nearly dying didn't give people a reason to be rude to those who may not be so used to it yet.

"Me too! Now's better than later, right? And we got to catch up a bit." And perhaps most pleasing for Kev, he got to make peace with Sonia's transformation. He'd learned more about it, how she had changed and Sonia's ancestors. No longer confused and left out, now he felt at peace with it. Laughing lightly, he nodded. "Absolutely! Lunch is probably my favorite meal of the day!" Soup was definitely a good idea, he was a huge sucker for a filling and creamy soup. Getting together sometime soon for some tasty lunch, it was something to look forward to.

"Like an early Halloween decoration, huh? Maybe I can try to freeze in a scary pose." An elbow nudged her lightly, winking as they stepped out into the cold winter air. And boy, was it chilling. His free hand reached up, pulling the scarf up to cover until just beneath his eyeballs. Thank the Gods he was going to be going into a heated store! "Where are you going after we part ways? The cafe, your apartment, or somewhere else?" He asked curiously, one free hand holding the ends of his jacket together to keep the cold wind from blowing into his clothes.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:01 am

Easier said than done, so many had become empathetic over time after all, at least to varying degrees. But it was a little hard not to when so much death and misery was abound, still, so long as no one completely lost themselves. That was the most important thing, after all if they started losing themselves then they really wouldn't care at all what happened to this place anymore. And that would probably mean bye-bye Portal Breach.

"Definitely better now than later, and yeah I'm glad we were able to! So much had happened after all!" Hopefully things could be a bit calmer for both of them now though, after all their big changing phases were over, hopefully. So maybe the both of them could just relax and the next time that they got together for lunch it could be like this again. Nice and normal. No big tragedies going on or anything. "Heh. Lunch is pretty nice." She answered, but truthfully Sonia had no preference to any meal.

"Oh yeah, definitely do that, that'll be great." Sonia laughed a little more at the idea of Kev striking a scary pose. Really though, who would find him scary? More people would probably be horrified at the fact that he was frozen rather than any pose he managed to stick. "I'm going to head back to my cafe, got to make sure the place doesn't burn down. You going to head back to your store?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 17, 2016 6:59 pm

So much indeed... "It's interesting, how much can happen in so short a time, huh?" It felt as if every few months, something had happened. The month of February seemed to mark a month of peace though, something the alien was immensely grateful for. Other things, such as Fear's mental lobotomy and the circumstances of Kev sharing his body with Livewire's spirit, the scaly man couldn't remember if Sonia had been aware of them. He was unsure how to even broach the topic with her, and there were certain details that were not Kev's to share. Such as how the former Judge became lobotomized in the first place. Perhaps, unless directly asked, he'd keep it to himself. Not a secret, so much as...important and personal information. Much like Sonia's own situation in the past, her pain and Kev's part in it had not been offered to every Tom, Dick, and Harry. Aside from Fear and Livewire, who knew all on their own... Kev didn't think he'd ever spoken of it to anyone else. He would extend the same courtesy to Mortis.

"Incredibly nice!" Kev nodded his agreement. Indeed, hanging out without breakdowns on either side was very nice. It felt...good. Normal. A sign that they were both adjusted and feeling better. Not every conversation would be that way of course. Improved as they were, life would forever tick on. The things they'd been through gave them better coping methods, made them healthier, but not impervious. Surely, there would come a time where they would again have a sad discussion, perhaps over a shared loss or trauma... But Kev would be there for her. It was what friends do.

"Splendid, I'm sure I'll look great along the trick-or-treating route." A brief shock for the kiddies, though perhaps he'd thaw before Halloween ever came. The idea of it still made Sonia laugh, which was exactly his intention. He laughed along with her, keeping in step with her easily as they walked. Back to work for both of them, it seems. "Yeah, Skyler'll be fine to cover a few minutes for me, but I've got to get my day started. Maybe when you drop off your cake for her, we can plan out when we can go out for lunch!" It would give them a couple of days to consider their respective schedules to see what would work best.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:45 pm

"Yeah it sure is, kind of freaky really." Time felt like it flew by, but also that it was so much longer. It did not feel like her transformation had only taken place a few months ago, it felt more like years. And the time she had spent in her depression had felt like decades piled upon decades, and yet it had all passed by so quickly and now they were here. "I'm kind of glad that it does though." It made moving forward easier sometimes, in the end everything would pass and whatever bothered you would be left in the past. At least, so she hoped.

"I'm not sure if the kids would be terrified, or excited to dress you up and put decorations on you." She also wasn't sure which option would be more amusing. "I could definitely do that, but it would probably have to be after my shift, I don't want to leave Alex and Velspar hanging again after going back in. I'd never hear the end of it from Al." Not that he'd be mean, but he would nag her until the end of time.

They came to a crossroads and Sonia let go of Kev's arm pointing off in the direction of her store. "I've got to be heading off that way, but I can definitely swing by your store after my shift with that cake to totally plan out when our next outing is going to be." She'd probably have to power walk to the cafe in order to make it there on time, and even then Alex was probably going to be giving her the playful stink eye.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:46 pm

"Really freaky, at times." It even got stranger in the long term, as April would mark 6 years he had lived in this Gamma. 6 years, and look at how much had happened? Two relationships (he refused to count Carrie, as that had been so casual and so blank compared to what he had now that it couldn't be a relationship), many friends, lots of loss, and yet so much growth too. In only 6 years he'd grown from a coward who'd kiss ass for another chance to live, to a braver alien who'd fight tooth and nail to protect what he loved. As for being glad that so much could happen so soon...the alien made a noncommittal noise. A soft 'hm'. Personally he'd prefer a few more months like February, but life would go as it would. Nothing they could do to change it.

"Ha! Like a snowman, or a mall mannequin?" Now would that be an amusing sight? The kids putting new hats and scarves on him, perhaps a little banner or even a corn cob pipe! Perhaps even a bed sheet. "If it were me, I'd be excited to dress myself up!" As weird as that sounded. "Of course! Whenever you're ready, both for the cake and to meet up for lunch sometime." Sure, cake didn't take too long to make, but Sonia also had a cafe to run. Surely there'd be other orders to take care of. "You tell those two I said hi, okay? Leo and Kat too!" Alex, always the spitfire, would definitely not mind complaining to his boss if she skipped out on him.

Eventually they came upon a crossroads, one that happened to mark their separation. Kev's arm was slow to drop back to his side, already a bit sad that it came time for them to part. Alas, they had responsibilities. Jobs. His mood seem to brighten when she promised to drop by after her shift. "That soon, huh? Sounds great!" The alien had perked up, stepping over to give her a small hug. "Thank you for the waffles, and for dropping by the store to hang out with me like this." A small squeeze, and he pulled back to place his hands on her shoulders. "Have a good shift, alright? And I'll see you later!" The gloved hands dropped from her sweater, releasing her for her to go on her way, and Kev his.

Sonia
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Sonia on Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:58 pm

"Yeah, really freaky," she agreed. It had been what? Six or seven years for her? In that time she'd lost more people than she cared to remember, suffered more heartbreak than she cared to feel, seen more horror that she ever would have if she had remained on her planet and vanished along with the rest of her people. But she had gained a lot from it as well, a profound understanding of who she was, a strong sense of being able to stand on her own, and friends who were there to support her when she couldn't. Yes things had been bad, but she wouldn't have traded anything in the world to not be here...

"Totally like a mall mannequin. Still couldn't decide of that was hilarious or horrifying...probably somewhere in between. "So dress up! Go wild, I mean why shouldn't you?" Treat yourself Kev, you earned it. Dress up however you wanted. "You got it and I'll definitely let Vel and Al know you said hi, Leo and Kat too!"

She returned Kev's hug in earnest, happy that their little meeting had gone over so well. "Well I figured why not, so long as that's okay with you." Apparently it wasn't by Kev's reaction, yay! "Hey no problem Kev, thanks for hanging out with me too." Sonia released him and began to walk away, calling out to the other as she did. "You two Kev! See you later!" Sonia waved him goodbye, and then turned away and headed to her cafe. She was totally going to be late, but it was worth it.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:19 pm