A Fishy House Call

Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 UD6hGmr65/65A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 80ZXdcG650/650A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 NlcFHJD120/120A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (120/120)

A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 Empty Re: A Fishy House Call

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:35 am

"Fear! For...future reference you should...put on oven mitts when you remove food from the oven! I guess since you're...undead you can't feel it but it's a good habit to get into! You don't want permanent burns on your hands, do you?"

...Oh, whoops! Knew there had been a detail he overlooked.

The decrepit ghoul looked at his rotted mittens, so to speak, and was largely unfazed by the addition of a few angry burns. It's not like he could feel physical agony, let alone smell the delectable aroma of cooked rancid flesh, but he certainly detected more than a fair amount of disgust and horror emanating from Minion's fishy little mind. The living could be so easily distressed! How ever did they manage the macabre...? "I sssuppossse not, no," Fear ultimately relented, seeing no reason for an argument. As a gesture of good faith, the shambling cadaver fished around the drawers for a pair of extra-large oven mitts (they had a cute lizard print!) and tugged them over his gnarled fingers. His talons naturally peeked through the fabric, having already established holes from prior use. It was almost as if the ghoul was wearing a set of adorable bear paws...

"Yesss, I will chop the bacon and leave no fatty corner untouched!" Using a knife in the kitchen was Fear's favourite part, second only to piggybacking off Kev's sensory feedback. He withdrew a particularly large cook knife and promptly went to town without further provocation. Chop, chop, chop! Hiss, hiss, hiss! Yes sir, this was the life - er, unlife - and it was bloody good fun. A shame about having no actual blood to splatter, but a clean kitchen was a happy kitchen (and also a happy, blood-free Kev). "Ssshall I prepare a tupper for you asss well?" Fear inquired, the otherworldly lights of his helm still transfixed on the strips of his poor, unfortunate victims bacon. "Apologiesss, but I have forgotten whether or not I extended thisss offer. Being a creature borne of the grave can be quite problematic when everyone elssse isss ssso concerned with the niggling likesss of time and everyday minutiae. I'm sssometimesss amazed I even remember the namesss of the daysss and monthsss, ha ha!" He paused in his fine mincing to better study the alien standing beside him. "...Who are you again?"

Fear suddenly erupted with bone-chilling, house-rocking laughter as the undead superfiend delighted in his own brand of ghastly humour. "I am joking, I am joking," he clarified, the room quaking from his deep rumbling of a chuckle. "It'sss very much like that, though. If ever you desssire to ssslip beyond the veil and tassste eternity, I cannot ssstresss enough that you ought to carry a calendar or watch wherever your wanderlussst takesss you. If you don't, you risssk losssing perssspective of the world happening all around you."
    Minion
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 38

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 UD6hGmr45/45A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 80ZXdcG430/430A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 NlcFHJD76/76A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Wed Jan 09, 2019 9:51 pm

Burns were never a pleasant sight, but you could make that double for angry burns marring green undead flesh! The smell was especially awful, though Minion did his best to be polite about it. He took a gulp, shoving his disgust down into the bowels of his little fishy body, and offered the ghoul a shaky grin. Fear relented, reaching over for a pair of oven mitts. "Oh cute!" The discomfort melted, Minion distracted by the cute pattern. Their oversized nature and the way his talons peeked through premade holes made him look oddly adorable. Fins fluttering excitedly, he offered a more confident smile. "Much better. Thank you, Fear! I look forward to seeing those handsome little mitts more often." No more burns for you, good sir!

As expected, Fear went to town on that bacon. He unveiled a particularly large knife and got to chop chop choping! The strips of meat easily broke beneath the sharp metal, making for a nice crumble! His pupil's enthusiasm was very welcome, as the recipe definitely called for a good amount of chopped bacon! "Yes please, a tupper would be lovely." He bob-nodded in his tank as he reached for the fridge. A bulky arm reached in, and the whipped cream was pulled out! The plastic top was pried up with a soft crinkle, and the fish alien used a spoon to give the cream a good stir. "I believe you invited me to share in the soup, but I don't think you offered to give me a tupper!" He reminded, not unkindly as he peered over a broad robotic shoulder. Apparently being an undead creature gave one memory issues! Who knew? ...Well, obviously Fear did. Did all undead beings suffer from similar issues? It made sense that the brain wouldn't quite work at a hundred percent for something that was alive yet dead.

Such a discovery didn't keep him from being concerned when Fear seemed to forget who he was entirely though! The fish alien paused in his stirring, caramel brown eyes widening as he stared back at Fear's helm. "O-oh...I'm...uh!" Before any imaginary sweatdrops could start dripping down his glass, the ghoul began to laugh uproariously, chuckling up a storm beneath that iron armor! Minion relaxed and gave a crooked grin as he joined in the chuckling. "Well, it's good that you can joke about it! I don't know if I would ever become undead...but I'm not exactly against it either. I'll cross, or, uncross that bridge when I get to it!" He gave another firm stir of the whipped cream before deeming it ready. Losing perspective of the world...the fish could certainly understand that, as his retreat into isolation sometimes felt like that. But obviously, being undead made the idea a bit more dire... He turned about within his tank, brows raised curiously. "How do you keep yourself from losing perspective? I imagine you use more than just a calendar..." How else could the ghoul nurture a relationship and a home without slipping through the cracks of eternity?
    Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 UD6hGmr65/65A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 80ZXdcG650/650A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 NlcFHJD120/120A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sun Jan 13, 2019 8:33 pm

Smell was one of those things the grave took, along with taste, feeling, and a general sense of time. Not bad, considering the benefit was immortality, eh? Gaining psychic abilities was just a wonderful 'bonus', much like Minion's palpable disgust. A raspy chuckle escaped the shambling cadaver's throat. "Hu hu hu... Yesss, they're rather darling, aren't they?" he agreed, holding up the mittens. Fear couldn't rightfully see them, of course, but he could glean the details through Minion's eyes. "My partner hasss a thing for lizardsss, and I'm not really one to deny him thisss fancy. Methinksss you both would have sssimilar tassstesss." And, knowing that scaly tart, he'd absolutely flush a bright emerald at having his oven mitts called 'handsome'. What a goober!

"Yes please, a tupper would be lovely. I believe you invited me to share in the soup, but I don't think you offered to give me a tupper!"

Ah, damn the curses of the grave! The ghoul thought he had covered this subject before... "The offer ssstill sssstandsss," he hissed, pausing in his ruthless slamming of the knife. Die, bacon, die! The crime is being too delicious, the punishment is...! A righteous cooking for the enjoyment of Minion and Kev, because Fear sure as hell couldn't enjoy it himself. He looked up, the blade held firmly in his rigid hand. "If you wisssh to ssstay for a bowl, we'd love to have you. But, if not, that isss fine too. Your choice, mate."

And that had been a rather good joke, hadn't it~!? Well, okay, perhaps a smidgen morbid, but what would you expect from an animated corpse? "Hu hu... Well, I reckon mossst folksss do not turn undead, no," Fear answered. Hm, the bacon looked proper chopped, didn't it? No reason to mince it any further. "Thanksss to thisss world, you may never have to crosssss. You can ssstay eternally alive if you wisssshed. Or, by that sssame token, eternally undead. A conundrum in and of itssself, no?" Portal Breach was... funny like that. A real anomaly that even had Fear by the ropes. "Asss for losssing perssspective, you are correct in thinking a calendar won't do much good. Sssuch material thingsss rarely make a difference, mm..." So, then, what did? He thought about it for a moment, maybe two, and decided to remain truthful to the question and to Minion himself. "Yourssself," the ghoul replied. Ah, but that was painfully vague. Who could make sense of that? Here, take another bone.

"And by that, I mean you keeping up to date on what'sss important and not falling prey to the common likessss of sssloth, indifference, and general neglect. It'sss a bloody tough job, but it'sss really no different than if one were alive and a ssslave to Father Time. You jussst... forget how to count, eventually." That was the final nail in the coffin, should one let the decay grow that far. There were times where even Fear was astonished at how quickly time flew, but he had gotten a better handle on it thanks to living with... well, the living!
    Minion
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 UD6hGmr45/45A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (45/45)
    Health Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 80ZXdcG430/430A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (430/430)
    Stamina Bar:
    A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 NlcFHJD76/76A Fishy House Call  - Page 4 QVqUJop  (76/76)

Post by Minion on Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:25 pm

"I'm fond of themed kitchen items too! For instance, my oven mitts are a pair of dopey-eyed goldfish. My apron has kitty cat paws all over it." Minion responded with a toothy grin as he admired Fear's little mitts once again. Lizards, huh? Can't say that was a common one, but he couldn't deny how adorable the results were. Even forgoing the animal theme, the fish alien's taste in fabrics was a bit flamboyant! Frills, stripes, polka dots... His aprons were rarely just a bland featureless thing. "Your partner has good tastes, I'd say." The fish chuckled, only a hint of pride in his voice. There were a lot of things that made Minion feel unsure, but the kitchen was never one of them.

Now... To stay for a bowl or to take the tupperware? They had already gone over this, but Fear's memory had one foot in the grave. Not like the ghoul could really control that, and so the fish alien was understanding about it. He merely hummed to himself as he weighed each choice. "It has been a long time since I've eaten with company that wasn't a cat or a fish." He admitted with a soft, almost sad smile. Part of him wanted to scurry home as fast as possible. Fear was making this meal special for his lover! Minion joining in would be rude! And yet Fear had extended the invitation... And perhaps just this one...? He gave the whipped cream one last, good stir before lifting his gaze to the ghoul. "As long as you'd both love to have me... Then I'd be honored to join you both for dinner." Minion's smile was bashful. "I'll still take the tupperware for some leftovers, of course! But... Eating with company that can talk back would be lovely."

"Undead beings weren't common back in my world, no." If at all. He'd certainly never encountered any ghouls or other supernatural beings, but that might have been because Megamind wasn't a ghosthunter. He robbed banks, broke out of prison, and kidnapped a young woman. Unless they found a lair that was haunted, there was almost no opportunity to run into ghosts! "Eternal life is...really strange to think about." And, funnily enough, Minion hadn't died in all his years being here! He faked a death but otherwise... He shrugged his broad, robotic shoulders. "I don't even know what the usual lifespan for a...'me' is." Could he really deign to live forever? Could anyone who was born a mortal? The fish offered a fanged smile. "It's definitely a conundrum. I barely know how to go about it other than...living my life the best way I can!" Sometimes that was all anyone could do.

Aah, the grand concept of willpower. "Personal responsibility and discipline." Minion agreed with a chipper little headbob. It was something all people should strive to achieve, not just undead ghouls! Setting the container of whipped cream down next to the blended soup, the fish alien hummed his approval. "I've learned that the best jobs are the hardest ones! I've...also got to learn to apply that to myself but... It's a work in progress. Rest assured, Mr. Fear, that I won't live in hiding like this forever. And even when I do eventually come clean, I'd still be honored to continue teaching you how to cook! And speaking of..." He assessed Fear's bacon with an affirmative nod. "I believe that we are done! The whipped cream and bacon go on top after each helping of the soup has been doled out so...all we have to do is wait on your partner!" He looked left, and then right, as if expecting the mysterious man to pop out of the walls. "Where...is your partner again? At work?" Had they covered that yet? Oh, now his memory had one foot in the grave!
    Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Fear on Sun Mar 03, 2019 10:39 am

Bloody hell, dopey-eyed goldfish and kitty cat paws? And that's to say nothing of the frills, stripes, and polka dots, goodness gracious! "Well..." Fear paused his wandering thoughts and scratched a metal temple. Were alien men naturally more flamboyant and expressive with their femininity than their human counterparts? Or... was the latter just arrogantly hoity-toity with their closeted womanhood? "If you are happiessst with your themesss, then that'sss all that mattersss, hm?" The ghoul supposed having a pattern of cutesy animals broke up the monotony of solid colours. He was more for dogs, personally.

"It has been a long time since I've eaten with company that wasn't a cat or a fish.

As long as you'd both love to have me... Then I'd be honored to join you both for dinner. I'll still take the tupperware for some leftovers, of course! But... Eating with company that can talk back would be lovely."

Good man! ...Er, fish!

"Then it isss sssettled," the superfiend agreed. "You will ssstay and you will partake in the meal we have prepared together. I will accept nothing lessss." The pact has been made! Besides, Minion didn't want to break an old ghost's ice-cold heart, now, did he? It just wasn't proper!

Eternal life or not, there was no excuse for being a roody-poo - even Fear himself learned to curtail his more antisocial mannerisms! ...Somewhat, at least. The urge to cleanse the world reached its peak whenever he watched violent programmes. "Doesss anyone?" he answered, giving a lighthearted chuckle. "No one knowsss their expiration date; sssuch isss the myssstery of life and death that captivatesss usss all, yesss? But you are on the right track, however. It mattersss not when you passss on - or even how - but, rather..." He casually gestured and finished up with a rigid shrug, "...what you've accomplisssed, I sssuppossse. What good isss living for an eternity if all you've done is royally ssshit the bed? I frankly don't have the patience for sssuch nonsssenssse, and I'm certain neither doesss the ressst of the world. We ssshould all ssstrive to make the mossst of our exissstence, be we sssinnersss or be we judgesss." And, really, everything was a lot simpler that way. Funny how such a plain doctrine was constantly mucked up, and in glorious fashion...

"Personal responsibility and discipline.

I've learned that the best jobs are the hardest ones! I've...also got to learn to apply that to myself but... It's a work in progress. Rest assured, Mr. Fear, that I won't live in hiding like this forever. And even when I do eventually come clean, I'd still be honored to continue teaching you how to cook!"

What a fantastic fish! For a creature confined to a tank of water (and probably swam in his own waste), Minion had a decent head on those King Kong shoulders. "I look forward to it," Fear answered, "To our future cooking lessssonsss and to the rebirth of your persssson. Never give up, never doubt. You are far more in control of your fate than you realize." Now then, Kev! Where was that scaly goober...? Ah, probably stopping along the way to chit-chat or sniff-snorf the flowers. What a social butterfly! At least one of them was, because it certainly wasn't him.

"He will be home sssoon," reassured the ghoul. "In the meantime, would you care to help ssset the table? Come, we can talk and fawn over the dogsss! Methinksss you will enjoy Metusss and Percy, ha ha." They were certainly the apples of Fear's eye!
    Minion
    Minion
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Minion on Sun Mar 10, 2019 12:39 am

What could he say? Minion was in touch with his feminine side! For as much as that counted, seeing how he was an alien fish, but he'd still been raised on Earth with its strict views on gender roles. "Kitchen items are pretty great to have a theme for! Most people seem happy to have a decorative theme in their bathrooms as well. I'm satisfied with just the kitchen theme, myself. You're right though. Sometimes the little things in life really make it all worth it, you know?" He agreed with a toothy grin. Cute items in the kitchen weren't going to solve world hunger, but they did put smiles on the faces of their owners. Maybe that had a worth all on its own.

"Then it isss sssettled, You will ssstay and you will partake in the meal we have prepared together. I will accept nothing lessss."

Funny. Even though this was a verbal agreement, it almost felt as if they had actually made some sort of binding contract! Complete with a shaking of the hands. Must be Fear's use of vocabulary. He had a way with words and made their little dinner sound as if it were incredibly important. In a way, maybe it was? The fish chuckled lightly and raised his index finger in the air. "On my honor as a fantastic fish! I will stay and partake in the meal. I won't dine and dash or leave early. I will enjoy lovely conversation with you and your partner. Cross my heart, hope to, ehehe, die. Stick a needle in my eye!" He drew a little cross over the glass of his tank, aimed at where his tiny heart would be. Perhaps it was a bit of a dark rhyme, especially when the ghoul was quite into death... But you can't argue against a classic! And maybe it'd make Fear laugh too!

Very true! Rarely did people know when they were going to kick the bucket. Even a rough estimate usually couldn't predict death down to the very second. Anyone could die at any time, particularly in a world like this where such amazing and impossible things could happen! Minion found himself nodding in agreement with the ghoul. "What really matters is a person's legacy." Just look at Megamind's parents! Neither he nor Megamind himself knew a thing about them. Not their names, nor their jobs... not even what the two were like. But before their deaths, they did their best to ensure that their son would survive. And Minion along with him. Chewing his lip thoughtfully, he seemed to seriously consider the soup they'd made together. "Even if all I accomplish is helping to cater a few events, or teaching you to cook, I think I could die happy. At least it'd be what I've done, right?" Otherwise... His accomplishments in life were done for Megamind, whether they be in the name of villainy or heroism. The things he did now, that was for himself.

Eventually being honest about who he was would also be for himself! Ah, one day. For now... Minion's fins fluttered in excitement and he even swam in a delighted circle! "I'm looking forward to it, too! You've got the makings of a good chef in you," So long as he minded his mitts! "And I'll work on trying not to live a lie!" Doubt was still present, as it always would be. But! But!! He could learn to ignore that awful little voice. Being in control of his own fate was scary, but this was why he'd faked his death in the first place. For this simple chance. To not take full advantage of that would be wasting his chance.

"Oh!" He hadn't gotten a chance to fawn over the dogs! Minion's mechanical shoulders whirred as he wriggled them, hands bunched together in front of his chest. "I'd love to! I'm great at setting tables." Metus and Percy, darling little names. The fish chuckled airily, beginning to gather the appropriate supplies for the table. Namely, bowls and spoons! "You'll have to tell me the stories behind each of these dogs as well. I never had a dog, but I'm quite fond of them!" Megamind's robots had a strange way of acting like dogs too. With a little bounce in his step, Minion carried the dishes into the dining room and began to get started on setting the table. The grin on his lips failed to wilt! Tonight was the start of something new. A new goal for the fantastic fish's life. A consistent job. And perhaps, even a new friend? Things were looking up, and Minion would be leaving the cozy house with a new outlook on his life.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm