120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

A Quick Assist

Post by Lunette on Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:52 pm

September 18th | Year 7 | 19:55

"This is the place?"

"... Yeah, I like this area. It's perfect."

The lights of the city glimmered as the sun set for the day, a gradient of pastel coloration painted across the sky. Next to the road that led into the woods was a perfect open lot between trees, a river not too far away, and a beautiful view of the city. Lunette's boots kicked the dirt gently as she inspected the area, kneeling down to pick up some dirt. It slipped through her fingers, and what was left was shaken off as she stood, nodding in confirmation. "You think this'll be a good spot?" Boon asked, arms crossed and looking at the cat woman scout the area. Collins stood next to him, hands behind his back, and also watched Lunette while remaining quiet for the most part.

"Yes, it's not terribly far from the city, and it's near the main road where travelers will surely come through. It'll be a nice spot for the tavern." Boon nodded a bit, giving it a good thunk. "Now, I just need to... get the tavern back." How that worked, she'd never know, and frankly, she wouldn't ask. The only thing she knew she could do to set the tavern back in reality was call upon Portal-X, whom she assumed was a little crazy, just because of the horror stories most people told her. But, he was the resident deity, and it was all she could think of.

Eyes looking up into the night sky as stars became visible, the cat took out a lacy handkerchief from her bosom and waved it in the sky a bit. "... What are you doing?" "Hailing X! I want to get his attention!" Collins squinted at her with disbelief, while Boon started to wave his hands a bit to the sky as well. "EY! X GUY!" he bellowed out, startling the two next to him. Such a loud, booming call! Surely it'd get someone's attention, right?

After a minute, Lunette and Boon stopped waving and stood there, eyes wide and their faces hinted with curiosity, almost as if they were expecting the sky to burst into flames.
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    100000/100000  (100000/100000)
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Re: A Quick Assist

Post by Portal-X on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:12 pm

"Hailing X! I want to get his attention!"
    "EY! X GUY!"

It's not every day someone hails the resident Portal Deity, but when they do... zzzzzZZZZZZIIIIIP! They can expect only the most zaniest of otherworldly shenanigans. No sooner had Lunette and Boon (with his awesome manly voice) called to the heavens, their prayers were soon answered.

Via the form of a giant, glowing cyan seam right smack dab in the sky.

That's right, a seam - like a giant zipper!

"Do I hear a pair of lovely cherubs wishing for yours truly~?" asked a whimsical voice. Out of nowhere, giant black fingers wiggled their way between the seam's edges and yanked them open, revealing the enigmatic face of everyone's favourite trickster. It was rather hard to miss his ebony mug, seeing how he was gigantic! "Oh! If it isn't the darling Lunette and her strapping stud of a cook," Portal-X remarked. There was a pregnant pause. "...And Collins, the killjoy." Such a tart, that rapscallion. Anywho! "To what do I owe the pleasure?" he asked, fancy tickled. Portal-X did so love being called upon; being a god was a rather lonely affair.

"Life has many doors, Boon boy."

Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:50 pm

The sky seemed rather empty, and for a moment, Lunette felt a little disappointed that nothing happened... until a loud zzzzzzzzipping noise came as if from nowhere, and there he was--the deity of the hour--in a most unusual entrance. While Lunette quietly applauded the display, Boon blinked slowly in confusion, expecting... something more flashy. He was a God, right? Most of the time, they were a little high on themselves, wanting to be flashy and overly obnoxious. "Hello dear," Lunette said as she curtsied and approached. "You're too kind~" While the feline flicked her wrist at the compliment and purred, Boon rubbed his chin, looking a bit smug and chuckling to himself, while Collins--well... he merely rolled his eyes and stood as still as before.

"Thank you for appearing on such short notice, Mr. X. I was wondering if you happened to know where my tavern and home went after I had to leave for the summer? Is it still... floating around somewhere?" How that worked, she didn't know, but surely, it was... somewhere, right? In some kind of infinite space or void maybe? "I ask because, and I hope I'm not asking too much, I would very much like it back--but perhaps in this area?" she asked with a meek tone, big blue eyes staring up at the Portal as she batted them gently in a sweet manner.
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sun Jan 01, 2017 2:39 pm

At her curtsie, Portal-X bowed in kind. "You know what they say~!" he answered in sing-song. "Kindness, when done right, is contagious." Remember to keep that in mind, Collins. Now, then! Onto business, for business is also what made the world go 'round.

"Thank you for appearing on such short notice, Mr. X. I was wondering if you happened to know where my tavern and home went after I had to leave for the summer? Is it still... floating around somewhere?"

Oh-hoh!

The Portal Deity straightened his back with an eager snap, ready to please. "Why, it is no trouble at all, my dear Lunette!" said Portal-X. "And, to answer your question, your tavern is indeed floating around in the nether. I never quite got around to deleting it; no reason, as there's still plenty of space in the Gamma!" Very good news, no? He listened to her next words very carefully, nodding along. So, she wished to have her lovely establishment back, and right here, was it? "It's no trouble at all, my dear! And your request is quite doable, rest assured. Stand back, please," he answered, cracking those black knuckles of his. "Wouldn't want you and the boys to accidentally get merged in the process; I hear that's incredibly painful..." Warning given and all parties safe and sound... it was time to let the magic fly.

With a whip of his wrists and a wiggle of his fingers, there was a brilliant cyan - FLASH! - and where once had been plentiful trees and shrubs... was now Miss Lunette's cozy little tavern, not a single detail out of place. Portal-X patted himself on the back for a job well done. "Voila," he said, gesturing with a hand. "One quaint tavern near the forest, just as you asked. Will there be anything else, my dear citizens?"

Speak now, or forever hold your peace!
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sun Jan 01, 2017 3:18 pm

With X's introduction, Lunette wondered if, perhaps, people may have been wrong about the deity's infamous nature? Then again, people can change and all that... whatever the case, the feline wasn't at all scared by the infamous deity. He answered her question, after all! It was good to know it was... floating around somewhere... She would never quite understand how that worked. "Oh, how lovely!" she said, clasping her hands together in glee, while the two gentlemen behind her watched quietly, not having much to say... until the mentioning of merging came along. The two looked at each other with slightly concerned expressions, and nudged Lunette gently out of the way for X to do his thing.

There were some *SPARKLES* and suddenly a FLASH! Blinking their eyes, trying to refocus, Lunette gasped gently and placed her hands upon her cheeks. The tavern that she hadn't seen in months was now right in front of her, and in such a lovely setting! The lights lit up the windows as the trees behind the tavern still stood, just as tall and frilled as ever, and even her little hedges and bushes and plants from before were there! A gentle purr started up from within Lunette's throat as her attention turned to Portal-X, who appeared to still be wiggling his finglies in a mystical manner.

"Thank you so much--it's perfect as is!" she said as she opened her arms and her hands opened and closed. Her eyes were huge and sparkling at X in an admirable look.

Time for HUGS!
    Portal-X
    Portal Master

Portal Master

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    Health Bar:
    Stamina Bar:

Post by Portal-X on Sun Jan 01, 2017 4:40 pm

Hear that? That was the sound of happiness. Portal-X was pleased as punch, but not as pleased as a certain Miss Kitty. "You are certainly welcome!" he said, tone warm and airy. "I'll do anything for my citizens - within due reason, of course." Contrary to popular belief, Portal-X did care for the denizens of his Gamma. They were his responsibility, his acquaintances, his family. They were all he really had, for the poor Deity absolutely couldn't count on his siblings and, dare he say it, father. Alas, his mother... If only she wasn't cruelly locked away. Portal-Z can definitely stay down there for all eternity, though.

"Well, I suppose that's all settled," stated Portal-X, ready to leave. But wait! What's this? Did his all-seeing eyes deceive him, or was Miss Lunette expecting a hug? Oh dear, what a dreadfully unexpected conundrum! "I, er... um..." It had been long - so very, very long - since one of his citizens wished to touch his person, that Portal-X felt immensely embarrassed.

A finger tugged on his suit collar anxiously, the Portal Deity stuck in a crossroads.

To hug, or not to hug...

To hug, or not to hug...

To hug, or...

Oh, forget it!

He swooped down from the stars on a trail of cyan light like a comet, and hugged the precious Lunette with every warm fiber of his ethereal being. So soft! So cuddly! So... so cute! Careful to not ruin her makeup or ruffle her delicate hairs too much, Portal-X pulled away with a stifled cough. Was he blushing? No, of course not! Don't be silly. "Ahem! Well... that's a wrap!" he cheesed, hurriedly walking off, a hand waving frantically to the trio. "Ta-ta~! Take care~! Behave, be kind, and - most of importantly - stay out of trouble~! Buh-bye~!"

And without another word more, he was off, like a rocket in the sky as the enigmatic Portal Deity flew by the literal seat of his pants. Portal-X blew them a heartfelt kiss before vanishing into the starry night, cyan sparkles in his wake.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:47 pm