Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

A New Year, A New Beginning

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Jan 05, 2017 3:40 pm

Time: Afternoon
    Date: 1/01/0007

"Hey Meatball, why the long face?"

"Eh..."

"Season's got you down, eh? Tell you what... I know of a great place. It's out in the forest; very scenic, very cozy. Why don't you take Ttone and go there for a nice, hot meal?"

"I do not feel like doing much of anything, Zurg. Please... just leave me to my work."

"And wallow in your misery!? I think not, my worting friend! Here, take this."

"...What is this? Zurg, I cannot. There is no reason to - "

"Take it, Rasa. Consider it my Holiday gift to you and Ttone, alright? Take yourself and Ttone out for a lovely dinner, and just forget about what happened. You'll feel better, trust me."

"...Okay, I will... take Ttone out for a nice meal.

...Thank you, Zurg."

"You're welcome, Meatball. I know you two will have a wonderful time."

Heavy feet crunched lightly into fresh snow, the silhouette of a giant creature hazy in the wintry backdrop. "Are we almost there, Mr. Rasa?" asked a child's voice. "Yes," rumbled her lumbering guardian, his voice like low, rolling thunder. "We shall be there soon. Have you caught any snowflakes?" An innocent giggle echoed in the forest's otherworldly stillness. "I've caught lots with my tongue! They taste really refreshing, and they're so cold. Oh, Mr. Rasa, look!" Amber eyes trailed after the child's eager finger. Soft glows flickered in the snowy distance, a building seen - but barely - in-between the many thick evergreen trees. "Do you see those lights over there? I think that's it! That's the place Mr. Zurg mentioned!" Her guardian rumbled, once again plodding along in his slow, weighty gait. "It must be," he spoke, agreeing. "Come; let us enjoy a nice warm meal together, hmm?"

The Moonshine Tavern...

That's where his coworker said they would have a wonderful time.

A leathery hand pushed aside the tavern's sturdy wooden door with a telling creak as Rasa 'Jeqkogoai stepped inside. Winter tried to follow him inside, its bitterly cold drafts fluttering his hunter's clothes, the layers damp with melting snow. He shut the door firmly and shook his head. Patches of ice sprinkled with every shudder. "Are you alright, Ttone?" he asked.

The misshapen lump sitting atop his broad shoulders lightly roused, a pair of blue eyes shining beneath the Sangheili's cloak. "Yep! I'm okay, Mr. Rasa. Is it safe?"

"Yes, it is. Let me set you down so you may get a better look."

Carefully, he reached behind a shoulder with those large hands of his and gently held the little girl by her sides, fingers nestled beneath Ttone's armpits. "Here we are." Rasa 'Jeqkogoai lowered the child to her feet, fiddling with her winter jacket's fluffy hood. "What do you think? Is it everything you hoped?"

She looked up thoughtfully, eyes roaming. "Wow..." There was wood everywhere; wooden planks for the floor, wooden walls, a wooden ceiling. And look, there was even a jukebox! Ttone clapped her mittens together happily, her nose and cheeks rosy from the cold. "I love it! This place reminds me of the taverns we read about during story time." The child paused, considering something as she looked up at her mammoth guardian. "...Do you think they'll have blackjack and hookers here, Mr. Rasa?"

He instantly snorted. "Ttone, language. And no, I do not think so. This place seem more... family-orientated."

Ttone blew a sigh of relief.

"Ha ha... Come, let us find a place to sit. I shall let you choose, hmm?"

"Yay! Let's get a seat by the window!"

Ttone's Outfit: a thick winter jacket with a faux fur-lined hoodie, mittens, pants, boots, and a scarf

Rasa's Outfit: a large, thick hunter's cloak, fur-lined open-toed boots, a belt with fur pouches, and his body glove. Everything aside from the body glove has come from his hunts

Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: A New Year, A New Beginning

Post by Lunette on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:19 pm

It wasn't a terribly busy day--there were only a few people in the tavern, most at the bar, but some at other tables and booths. It was quiet, and calm, a perfect time of day to relax and enjoy the sounds of the tavern and the scenery outside. That was why Lunette loved this place. The scenery, the calm--it was exactly like her old home, and she tried her best to make it as homey and comforting to others as possible. And, while there weren't any hookers, there was a card table for blackjack and other games. But they weren't there for games, surely. They were there for some home-cooked meals!

Collins stood at the bar, cleaning a few shot-glasses as his eyes took focus on the large newcomer and the small child he was with. Instead of greeting them, the gargoyle tilted his head, looking at someone else out of view, and he returned his attention to the glasses that needed cleaning. Lunette appeared around the corner and greeted them with a friendly "hello~!" She heard the young girl mention a window seat, and Lunette promptly and gently waved her hand for them to follow, grabbing two menus and some paper and crayons. "I'll give you the best window seat, and next to the fireplace, so you can stay nice and warm. It must've been quite a trek here in this snow!"

It wasn't terribly out of the way, but to some, it might've felt it. The snow didn't deter people from coming back out here, though, and she was thankful for that!

The feline led the two next to the fireplace and into a booth that would accommodate Rasa's size, and as promised, it was right next to the window, with a great view of the front. Placing the menus down in front of them and giving Ttone the paper and crayons, Lunette smiled happily at her, wanting to pinch her cheeks. Such a cute girl! And well behaved--the best kind of child. "What can I start you off with to drink? Maybe something warm? I've tea and hot cocoa available if you like!" her words rolled off her tongue with a hint of a purr between them, waiting for their answers.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Jan 05, 2017 4:57 pm

Surprisingly, they didn't have to wait long for service. A woman (and a very fluffy woman, at that) came zipping along, ushering the pair to follow. Huh, he didn't know alien species could be covered ear-to-toe with hair...

"Hello~! I'll give you the best window seat, and next to the fireplace, so you can stay nice and warm. It must've been quite a trek here in this snow!"

Ttone's eyes practically sparkled as she skipped behind their server. "Oh, thank you so much! It was a long journey from the city, but Mr. Rasa and I were looking forward every step of the way, weren't we, Mr. Rasa?" The Sangheili nodded, trying his hardest not to stare at the woman's, er... was that a tail? "Uh, yes. Yes, we were. This is a lovely establishment you have here, and thank you; a seat near the fireplace would be very ideal."

As promised, she guided them toward a nice booth - and one large enough for the Sangheili's size. Thank the gods... Rasa 'Jeqkogoai had been worried about his bulk and weight. Giddy, Ttone slid on her chosen side with ease, the child so incredibly happy for crayons and paper. "Thank you!" she beamed. The menu, although Ttone was hungry, was of no importance when there was colouring to be had. She instantly went to scribbling their adventure out in the woods, her tongue partially sticking out and her expression one of intense focus. Well... supposed that left him with figuring out their order, didn't it? But first, there was the matter of a certain mummy-child...

Rasa 'Jeqkogoai reached down and slowly unraveled a few of Ttone's more suffocating layers, gently wiping the child's face of melted snow and water. Goodness, he had really overdone it this time. "Would you like some tea or hot cocoa, Ttone?" he asked.

She looked up from her masterpiece, a dark-green crayon tapping her chin. "Hmm... may I please have some hot cocoa? Ooh, and with little marshmallows, if that's not too much trouble? Thank you!"

The hot cocoa sounded really good - especially after that cold walk - but the Sangheili had never been one for sweets. He finished undressing Ttone down to her sweater and pants, finally taking a seat on his side of the booth. Please don't groan, please don't - grooooooan - mmm... Embarrassed, he cleared his throat and tried his hardest to appear much smaller than he was. "I'll, ah, have a cup of warm tea, please. Thank you." Every time, without fail...
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Thu Jan 05, 2017 5:50 pm

Hmm, Mister Rasa? For a brief second, Lunette had thought the child was the alien's, but she didn't know of any child to call their parent by 'mister' or 'missus'. Adoption would've been her second guess, which may or may not still be right--unless something had happened to the girl's parents... what a horrible thought! Tossing away those nosy and curious ideas, her attention turned to Ttone as she replied, "you're very welcome, dear," and she went on to color. The child's guardian then began to slowly remove her many layers of clothing, which was quite adorable to watch. She was so bundled and protected, something about the care made Lunette purr a bit, pupils widening in a curious and intrigued manner.

"Hmm... may I please have some hot cocoa? Ooh, and with little marshmallows, if that's not too much trouble? Thank you!"

Lunette smiled and wrote it down on her pad, nodding a bit. "Of course, dear~ I'll make sure it has all the right trimmings for you!" Collins did always make the nicest and fanciest cups of cocoa, surprisingly. Her attention turned to Rasa, who sat down and was greeted with a groan from the seat. No giggle from this waitress--she too knew the awkwardness of a seat that moaned underneath the weight of a person... Not that most would know that. Instead, she nodded to the alien and wrote down his request. "And one tea--I'll be right back with those drinks. Take your time to look over the menu, and if you've any questions at all, please don't hesitate to ask, dear~"

With that, she took her leave temporarily, heading over to the bar to give the gargoyle a poke in the cheek and to fill the drink order.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Jan 05, 2017 6:12 pm

"Thank you!"

"Thank you."

And with that, their hostess was off.

A comfortable quiet settled into the area, Ttone simply enthralled with her colouring and Rasa 'Jeqkogoai giving the menu a thorough perusal. Appetizers, soups and salads, sandwiches, entrees for lunch and dinner, dessert... His eyes instantly fixated on all the delectable images of steak. Mm, meat... A nice sirloin would hit the spot right now.

"She's cute," Ttone said out of the blue.

The Sangheili glanced up, almost hesitantly. Steak was calling his name! "...Hmm? Who is, Ttone?"

Like the little imp that she was, the girl just smiled. "The cat-lady!" she answered, as if her guardian was a big ol' dummy. "She's nice, fuzzy, and even purrs! I wonder if she'll let me pet her tail..." Rasa 'Jeqkogoai huffed at the request. "Ttone, we mustn't be rude," he reminded. "I know she may be a cat-lady, but she's not Lenny. Does Lenny let you stroke his tail?" The child merely sighed, defeated. "No..." she muttered quietly. "Lenny gets all hissy. I still wanna pet her tail, though..." Alas, children. He shook his head, returning to the menu. "Hmm, these appetizers look rather good... Would you care for one, Ttone?" All thoughts of shattered dreams were erased from her mind as Ttone perked up straighter, legs playfully swinging. "Oh yes, please, Mr. Rasa! What sort of appetizers do they have here?" Good question... Fish, fish, and more fish. There was a surprising amount of fish. But, then again... cats like fish, don't they?

He rubbed the tender underside of his throat, mulling their choices over. "Do you like... seafood?" the Sangheili asked. Ttone scrunched up her nose. "...Is it gonna be really fishy?" Well, that answered that.

"Okay, how about some pot... stickers?" What an unusual name!

She instantly nodded, licking her lips. "Mm, that sounds good! You'll like potstickers, Mr. Rasa - especially when you dip them in the sauce! They're filled with ginger, cabbage, spices, meat..."

Ooh, meat! Consider him sold.

"Then we'll start the afternoon with an order of potstickers," he agreed, satisfied.

"Yay!"
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:01 pm

The gargoyle sneered at bit at the poke against his cheek, yet still continued his work. "... Yes?" he asked, breaking his focus from his hands to Lunette. "Would you be a sweetie and make a nice cup of hot cocoa~?" she asked with a purr before removing her finger from his cheek. "Right, I'll get that out for you." Smiling in response, Lunette went into the kitchen to prepare the cup of tea. "Is there tea made, Boon?" she asked upon entering, her head turning to the prep area as Boon stood at the stove, poking at... something. "What? Oh yeah! Tea's over near there. Hey, what color is venison s'posed t' turn when it's cooked...?" The daemon squinted and prodded the lump of meat with a large fork.

Lunette quickly walked over to see his work, and while the outside appeared charred, the inside seemed rather finely cooked. "It's ready, dear, you did a good job. Maybe next time try not to char the outside so much next time, alright~?" Boon rubbed his neck and grinned sheepishly as Lunette gave him a gentle pat on the arm and continued over to the warm and fresh pot of tea. A large mug was taken from the cupboard and filled with the liquid, placed on a tray with a few condiments, and carried out. On her way to their table, she stopped by the bar and picked up the mug of cocoa Collins had prepared. "You always make the best cocoa, Collie~" His response was merely a snort, and she continued back to the table.

The small tray was placed on the table--for Rasa a large blue mug of tea, along with some sugar and honey on the side. And for Ttone... Lunette gently placed the cocoa next to her, "be careful, it's hot! Let it cool a little bit before taking a sip, hm?" Wouldn't want her to burn her tongue! "Do you have any questions, or perhaps you're ready to order something to start with?" Her attention turned to Rasa, tilting her head at him with a sweet smile on her face. With those chompers, she figured something... meaty was in order. Hopefully they weren't disappointed by the majority of seafood on the menu.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:36 pm

Ooh, here came their drinks! Ttone's eyes were practically bulging out of their sockets when she spotted the hot cocoa. "Marshmallow mountain..." she whispered in awe. It took all of her willpower to resist 'grabby hands'. As for her guardian? Well... he was just thankful Ttone's attention was no longer drawn to their hostess' fluffy tail. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai placed a small pile of napkins near the young girl's place mat, careful as to not accidentally bump any skin against the heated mug. "Thank you," he rumbled to the kind woman. "That is probably the best mug of hot cocoa she has ever seen." Ttone simply nodded and popped a marshmallow into her mouth, grinning happily. As much as the Sangheili wanted to wet his whistle, he knew better than to burn his mouth. He also knew better than to drink in front of their server.

"Do you have any questions, or perhaps you're ready to order something to start with?"

Oh right, food.

Meat.

"Yes, we'd like to have an order of... of..." What were they called again?

"Potstickers!" Ttone piped up.

"Ah yes, potstickers. We'd like to have an order of potstickers, please. Oh, and a straw, if you would be so kind." This probably went without saying, but Earth-centric dinnerware was painfully incompatible with proud Sangheili anatomy. Thank the gods for straws. He wouldn't know what to do without th -

"...May I touch your tail?"

Rasa 'Jeqkogoai nearly dropped his mandibles, aghast. "Ttone!" he chastised sternly. "That is rude. We do not bluntly ask to touch someone's tail. What if our generous hostess does not want her tail to be touched? Apologize, please." The girl lowered her eyes and felt ashamed, her cheeks flushing from being put on the spot. "Sorry..." she muttered. "I cannot hear you, and neither can our hostess. Please elaborate." Her goose cooked, Ttone looked up and into their server's beautiful blue eyes. "I'm sorry for bluntly asking to touch your tail," she spoke quietly. "It's really fluffy, and you're really pretty. We have a cat at home, Lenny, and sometimes he likes being petted. I thought maybe you would, too..." Her guardian sighed. It wasn't the nicest feeling, scolding a good kid like Ttone, but being a caretaker wasn't always the nicest responsibility. The Sangheili nodded his head, rumbling, "Thank you, Ttone." Ugh, and now the poor thing had the most crestfallen face... Mandibles clicked together. Well... suppose he better lead by example.

Amber eyes looked to their feline hostess. "We are terribly sorry about this," he rumbled. "Ttone is a good child, and she meant no offense. It has been... a hard year for us both." To say the least. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai cleared his throat, continuing, "A friend of ours suggested we stop by here - to get away from the city and start the new year right." Here's where he put his leathery neck on the chopping block. "If... If it wouldn't be too much trouble and if you agree, miss, may Ttone gently touch your tail? Just one stroke, mind. We wouldn't want to abuse your kindness should you oblige her request."

The child's eyes brightened, shocked that her guardian would ask such a thing. And, in a way, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai was too.

Here's hoping they didn't get kicked out...
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri Jan 06, 2017 12:57 am

The young girl looked so pleased with her drink, Lunette grinned a bit and flicked her wrist dismissively as they thanked her for the cocoa and tea. The tall alien then began to ask for something, but stumbled along his words. The young girl spoke up, helping him find the words, and she nodded firmly, "ohh! Yes, those are quite good." Writing it down, Rasa requested a straw for his drink, a familiar request she often got, and took one from her apron to place it on the table. "Here you go, dear, sorry that slipped my mind!" Before asking what else they were interested in, the young girl spoke up and asked--

"...May I touch your tail?"

Lunette turned her head to Ttone, looking at the girl with a little surprise in her face, and before she could answer, the girl's guardian piped up and tried to remind her of manners. Standing there a bit awkwardly, Rasa then directed his attention in apologizing to Lunette after Ttone apologized. So much apologizing... But then something piqued her interest.

"A friend of ours suggested we stop by here - to get away from the city and start the new year right."

Hmm, something about that sounded familiar! Zurg had mentioned one of his coworkers weren't having a very good year, and going through a bit of a rough patch... Aww! This was most likely him! An urge to reach out to pat the poor, tall cocoa puff, but that would be rude--besides, it would be assuming! The last thing she wanted was for someone to feel uncomfortable! Once he stopped speaking, leaving a request for the girl to touch her tail, Lunette shook her head gently and smiled sheepishly before replying.

"There's no need to worry, the question didn't offend me in any way!" she began, "and I appreciate her asking instead of just touching! I'm a little sensitive on the tail, and most children grab it without permission." Glancing to the young girl, Lunette picked her tail up and gently placed it next to the girl for her to pet, "you may pet my tail, just remember to be gentle, dear~" she purred before her attention returned to Rasa. "I'm sorry to hear your year hasn't been too good. Mine hasn't either, but I feel things have gotten better. I'm quite sure things will improve for you both, in time. But until then, if you enjoy your meals, you're free to come back anytime~!" She knew how hard things could get--it had been a pretty rough year, but things did feel they were turning around.

Giving Ttone a sweet smile, the feline's tail slowly slipped away once she was finished petting it, "I'll put in that order of potstickers for you two, and give you a bit more time with the menu. Be right back, dears~" Lunette turned around and walked quickly into the kitchen.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:03 am

Ah, the straw! Rasa 'Jeqkogoai picked it up happily, tearing off the paper. "Thank you." Now he could actually drink his tea, as opposed to making a sloppy mess everywhere. And what extraordinary luck! It seemed that their hostess was indeed a charitable soul, agreeing to let Ttone touch her fuzzy tail. Excited beyond words, the little girl stuffed her cheeks full of marshmallows, wiped her hands, and proceeded to gently stroke the cat-lady's fur. The sensation was incredible.

So soft - maybe softer than silk! The child's fingers were mindful, almost deliberate, as Ttone trailed her hands downward. It was just so fluffy - and it smelled vaguely like... lavender? She was careful to avoid being too rough, and treated the hostess' tail as if it were Lenny's.

Although she couldn't, Ttone wanted to bend forward and nuzzle it with her face.

FLUFFY.

"I'm sorry to hear your year hasn't been too good. Mine hasn't either, but I feel things have gotten better. I'm quite sure things will improve for you both, in time. But until then, if you enjoy your meals, you're free to come back anytime~!"

Amber eyes glanced away from the innocent scene in front of them. "Ah, so you must be... Miss Lunette?" he asked, uncertain. Surely she must be, for Zurg had mentioned something about the tavern's owner suffering a bad spell of their own. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai bowed his head, grateful for her kind words. "Thank you," the alien rumbled. "And we are sorry that someone as caring as you must undergo hardship. It is not easy, but you are right - we must be strong and have faith that our life's journey will bring as much joy as it does sorrow. It simply takes time, as you have said." And although the Sangheili's heart felt heavier than it had in years, the feeling was only that - a feeling. Time will see that it fades away in the coming months, should he be so lucky. Ttone, however...

Again, he looked to the child, his stoic features softening. Look at her, being so happy... To think that a fluffy tail was all it really took to see her smile, the past year's troubles no longer burdening Ttone's youthful face. It must be awful, being repeatedly abandoned by one's guardians and their promises... How could Tally have done such a thi - no! No, he must not think about that... Today was to be a happy day. A happy day! That's all he really wanted, for Ttone to just be happy.

...Was that so hard?

"Thank you for letting me pet your tail! It's as soft as a cloud!" Her cheerful voice snapped the Sangheili out of his melancholia. He nodded, blinking slowly. "Yes, thank you. I... We really appreciate it." Just like before, their hostess left with a friendly purr so they could decide on what to eat. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai had a funny feeling those potstickers wouldn't make the cut...

"What do you feel like having, Ttone?" he asked.

The child was busy picking a few strands of white fur out of her sweater. "Do they have chicken tendies here?" she asked. Ack, always with those cursed chicken strips! Rasa 'Jeqkogoai playfully rolled his eyes. "Yes, they have chicken tendies. Would you like mac n' cheese as well?" Ttone nodded furiously, her face barely seen over the rim of her mug. "Mhm!" she mumbled, mouth packed with marshmallows and hot cocoa. "Yeesh, preease!" Well, that was simple enough. Let's see what he could have... His eyes instantly went right back to the steaks. Bone-in ribeye, oh gods. Yep, his mind was made. A low growl churned in the Sangheili's throat, his craving for meat rising. "I know what I'm having," Rasa 'Jeqkogoai chuckled, setting the menu aside. "Maybe if Lenny is nice tonight, I'll bring him a doggie bag as a treat." Ttone simply giggled and sipped her cocoa, the corners of her eyes crinkling.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri Jan 06, 2017 2:50 am

The fur was soft and plush, almost unreal. Considering all the time and energy the cat-lady put into keeping herself clean and proper, it made sense for it to feel nearly unreal. Her response to the petting was a gentle purr, and her head had turned to Rasa and nodded to his assumption, "I am. Nice to meet you~" Rasa responded in understanding of her hardships from the year, sounding a tad gloomy as he did. "Thank you, dear. The only thing we can do is keep going." Continuing her gentle purr, Lunette tilted her head at Rasa, who in turn watched Ttone. The feline had only heard a bit of the plight the two had to endure, and while she wondered about Ttone's situation, she couldn't help but take note of Rasa's look. It wasn't terribly obvious, but to her... she had felt that before.

Finished petting, Lunette looked to Ttone and smiled, "you're very welcome, dear!" before she had left to the kitchen.

______

Boon stood at the prepping counter as he chopped up some fresh cabbage when he was suddenly poked softly in the side. A low groan escaped him as he looked down, eyes meeting Lunette's. "What can I do fer ya, Miss Lu?" "I need an order of potstickers~" The daemon nodded and continued chopping the cabbage before moving on to the ginger and pork. Lunette left the kitchen to let him work, and worked her rounds at the tables with other customers, filling their requests while the appetizer cooked. Every so often when she got the chance, her eyes would glance over to Rasa and Ttone's table, just to see how they were doing.

"Order up!"

Taking the plate, Lunette made her way back to the table, placing the appetizer in the center. "Alright, potstickers are up~ They're hot, so be careful." A small bowl of sauce awaited the dumplings to be dunked into it, and the aroma was strong with fresh pork and ginger. "If you don't have any questions, are you two ready to order?" Pen and pad ready, Lunette's tail swayed a bit as her attention stood on the tall alien.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Fri Jan 06, 2017 3:38 am

By the gods, those potstickers...

Now he was the one with bulging eyes. "Wow..." His nostrils flared with every inhale, mind awash with scents of exotic spices, ginger, and, best of all, pork. It took all of his willpower not to drool on the table. Giggling, Ttone was the one who spoke up where her guardian could not. "These look really great! Thank you, Miss Lunette! I'm Ttone, by the way. Pleased to meet you! This is Mr. Rasa, my guardian. In case you couldn't already tell, he's a big fan of meat." That snapped the Sangheili out of his stupor. "...Wort? I, uh, m-mean... My name is Rasa 'Jeqkogoai." Smooth, very smooth. He rubbed the back of his neck and felt sheepish, mandibles curling; his way of trying to imitate a 'smile'. "Y-Yes, I do enjoy a meaty diet, h-ha. Pleasure to meet you as well, Miss Lunette." Oh gods, oh gods, oh gods...

"If you don't have any questions, are you two ready to order?"

Yes, a subject change! Rasa 'Jeqkogoai at once answered. "No questions, no. We, ah, would like to place our orders now. Ttone, if you will please?" The child playfully kicked her feet, smiling from ear to ear. "I'd would like a kid's helping of chicken tendies and mac n' cheese, please! Thank you!" Good, and now for himself. "And I would like to have your bone-in ribeye, medium rare. Please and thank you." He was halfway tempted to order it rare, but medium rare would do it for now.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:33 am

A loud purr escaped Lunette's throat as her fur fluffed up happily at Rasa's reaction. He seemed so pleased with the food, Lunette was ready to leave so he could enjoy it thoroughly. "Lovely to meet you Ttone, and Mr. Rasa. I can't wait for you two to eat up, you seem so excited~!" The young girl's voice snapped the alien out of his stupor, and Lunette let out a small giggle at his response. "A pleasure~"

It seemed they were set to order, and her pen touched the pad, ready to write. Looking to Ttone, she wrote down the 'chicken tendies' and mac 'n cheese. "I think you'll like our mac 'n cheese," she commented before looking to Rasa for his order. "Medium-rare ribeye, got it!" Boon might've had a hard time with venison, but every other meat was easy for him to make delicious, and his specialty was steaks. "I'll go put this in for you and let you guys enjoy your stickies!" Turning around, Lunette left the table and checked on her other customers before heading into the kitchen to place the order.

"I need a ribeye--bone-in and medium-rare--and a combo of chicken tenders and mac 'n cheese."
    "You got it, boss lady!"

The other customers had been tended to, their drinks filled and food brought to them, left Lunette with some time to kill. Walking around the tavern and looking at the others there, making sure everyone was happy, her attention kept returning to Ttone. Such a sweet girl, it broke her heart a bit knowing that she had been left so carelessly alone. It must've been difficult to accept the full responsibility of a child suddenly for Rasa, as well. The poor dears... At least they would get a nice meal and a comfy setting to relax and feel better, she thought, and gave them some time alone to eat their appetizer before going back over to speak with them--just casual chatting, that's all!
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Fri Jan 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Chow time! No sooner had Miss Lunette walked away and disappeared from view, both guardian and child were already digging in, their stomachs gurgling. Ttone could hardly contain her excitement as Rasa 'Jeqkogoai served a nice, plump dumpling onto her plate. "These look so good...!" And it would look even better with potsticker sauce.

She dunked the tantalizing morsel, nibbling on its pinched edge as if she were a happy squirrel. The explosion of flavour was just incredible - it tasted exactly like it smelled, but way better! The potsticker was moist, crunchy, filled to the seams with ginger and pork... And, coupled with the salty-sweet dumpling sauce? It was just to die for. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai watched in amazement as Ttone ate her first serving within seconds. "Ha ha! Patience, patience," he chuckled, setting another juicy piece onto her plate. "Savour this meal; enjoy. We want to make this a great memory, no?" She nodded vigourously, mouth full. "Mhm!"

With the child satisfied, he then served himself, choosing one that seemed crispier than the others. Let's see how this tastes... The Sangheili dunked it in the sauce and popped the appetizer into his mouth. "Hmm..." Ah yes, there was that doughy texture; strange, but not disgusting. He immediately singled out the ginger and onion, finding their combined flavour oddly harmonious with the subtler notes of cabbage and pork. The sauce, much like Ttone believed, was what really made everything come together in a tangy, salty-sweet medley of flavour. By the time he finished chewing and swallowed, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai was already reaching for his second piece. "What a strange little thing, these potstickers!" he remarked, dipping it in the sauce. "Human cuisine is so diverse - I never know what to expect." It really put his bare bones cooking to shame, too... Maybe he should purchase a few cookbooks?

Ttone washed her second potsticker down with a hearty gulp of hot cocoa. "Wait until you try a steak hamburger," she said. "You won't want to eat anything else for an entire week, Mr. Rasa!" Her statement earned a laugh out of him. "Ha! We'll see about that," the Sangheili chortled.

But by the gods did a steak hamburger sound so good...
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sat Jan 07, 2017 6:08 pm

A gentle purr escaped the hostess as she watched the child and her guardian happily eat and talk. It made her feel much better that they could feel comfortable and happy in such a new place, but when there's good food and atmosphere, it was hard not to. Pride aside, Lunette turned her attention to the kitchen, where she stepped back inside after a few minutes of wandering the tavern's main room. The daemon had already begun frying up those chicken tenders--breaded lightly of course--and began working on the steak. The macaroni still needed to be worked on, and Lunette had nothing else to do! Time to make some delicious macaroni and cheese!

It wasn't too hard, but it was all carefully made--the Parmesan, the different cheese and especially the cooking of the noodles. Noodles were terribly easy to overcook or under cook, so an extra eye was kept on the boiling pasta as the cheese was grated into a neat pile. "How is that ribeye coming along, dear?" she asked Boon while taking a look at the pasta. "I'd say it's lookin' pretty good! Medium-rare, right? Won't take too long!" Which was good, since the chicken was almost finished and the pasta was almost ready to be mixed.

"Hey, yer not adding bacon bits to t'mac 'n cheese? That's crazy!" "I think my special blend of cheese will be enough, dear. Bacon bits are so high in sodium, too--and fat." Lunette flicked her wrist before plating the pasta together, the cheese melting on top and becoming creamy. A few sprinkles of dill and long onions finished the dish off, and next to it, the chicken tenders, cooked perfectly and crispy. The feline added a few finishing touches to the plate before standing and waiting for Boon to plate the steak. "Here ya go--one medium steak! Looks pretty good, if I do say so m'self!" The chunk of meat was then passed to Lunette, "thank you~ I think it looks good, too!" She gave the cook a gentle pat before taking the plates out to Rasa and Ttone, a big smile on her face in hopes they were ready to eat.

"Let's see," she said, stopping in front of their table as she placed the tenders and macaroni & cheese in front of Ttone carefully, and then set the ribeye down in front of Rasa. "I hope you both enjoy, and get nice and full~! Is there anything else I can get you two?" she asked in a chipper voice, hands folded in front of her with her head tilted to the side.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:05 pm

Lunette was undoubtedly going to be happy; by the time she came around with their main meals, all nice and hot, the potstickers had been completely devoured! There wasn't a trace of them left, not even the sprinklings of green onion. But if either of the two diners thought their potstickers were to die for...

"WHOA, that mac n' cheese!"

"By the gods, can you even eat all of that!?"

Both their eyes bulged out of their sockets this time around, Ttone and Rasa 'Jeqkogoai amazed. Those super tasty-looking chicken tenders! That homemade portion of mac n' cheese! THAT RIBEYE...! With the way they were eyeballing their plates, it was like they were two starving peasants emerging from a long famine. Ttone was short of just bouncing in her seat out of sheer anticipation. "Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh..." Like, it had been ages since she last had such a grand meal! Not to knock on Mr. Rasa's cooking or anything, but it wasn't exactly luxurious... Nutritious, of course! Just not anything to write home about. The Sangheili himself even shared the same unspoken sentiment. That piece of meat was gorgeous... How could he learn to cook like that!?

"I hope you both enjoy, and get nice and full~! Is there anything else I can get you two?"

They immediately looked to Miss Lunette, eyes starry and mouths watering. "Mm-mm!" Ttone uttered, furiously shaking her head. Aside from cutting her chicken tendies into little dinosaur shapes and stars, the young girl was set for life. As for the big man seated across from her? Guuurrrgle... His stomach did the talking for him. A sheepish Rasa 'Jeqkogoai patted his rumbling tummy and laughed, "Oh no, oh no! We are very good! Thank you so much, Miss Lunette. Please! We insist that you and whoever helped cook this wonderful meal accept our humblest gratitude. Everything is beyond our wildest imaginations!"

He would have dropped to his knees and prayed, if this weren't a restaurant.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 23, 2019 6:45 pm