Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: A New Year, A New Beginning

Post by Lunette on Sat Jan 07, 2017 8:51 pm

As she thought, those potstickers were completely wiped out! Not a single one survived Rasa's strange maw, but that was good to see! She had worried there may have been a bit too much ginger for the two, but she was apparently wrong with how fast they scarfed their food down. And as she placed their meals, the two seemed so surprised that she couldn't help but snicker quietly. Their expressions were priceless, but even more so would be how they felt after eating. "Oh, thank you Mr. Rasa! You're too kind, but I'll let my cook know how you feel. It's sure to give him a blush~" Boon didn't get a lot of compliments directly towards him, but he was sure to get a kick out of hearing a big, burly alien enjoyed his cooking.

"Please enjoy, and eat before it gets too cold! Wouldn't want your tummies full of cold food!" Lunette purred as she looked over their drinks, taking note that they could use a bit more. "Let me get you some refills! Don't eat too fast now!" Giving them a nod and taking away the empty appetizer plate, the feline gave Collins another poke for more cocoa, and dropped the dish off into the kitchen. And, while she was at it... "Boon, dear~ The tall gentleman in the back with the sweet little girl let me know that your steak looked divine, and that he appreciates your work." The daemon blinked for a moment and then let out a soft chuckle, a hint of blush on his purple cheeks, "hah! Really? Well, that's pretty nice 'o him! Gotta keep the food good if we're gonna make a livin'!"

A gentle pat was given before Lunette returned to the main room, heading over to others who required refills or were ready to pay their checks. She'd be back to Ttone and Rasa soon with their warm drinks, but she would give them some time to really get a taste of their food and enjoy it.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 45

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Sun Jan 08, 2017 6:51 pm

"Let me get you some refills! Don't eat too fast now!"

Easier said than done!

Much like before with their appetizers, it became chow-time the moment Miss Lunette was out of sight. Ttone slathered her chicken tendies in a generous sea of ketchup and chose the juiciest-looking strip as a first sacrifice. Tiny teeth bit down and chewed, the young girl blissfully closing her eyes. "Mmm..." There was nothing - nothing - like a good homemade meal of chicken tendies and mac n' cheese. The chicken was soft... moist... tasty... The batter itself was perfection. Even though Ttone only had one bite so far, her meal was already everything she'd hoped for. She swallowed and licked her lips free of bread crumbs, reaching for the spoon beside her plate. Time to taste the mac n' cheese! Only the globbiest spoonful will do, and Ttone wasted no time digging in. Creamy... cheesy... unhealthy... That's the stuff of kings, right there. She leaned against the booth's seating and contently sighed, "Ahhh... best Christmas gift ever." Children and their exaggerations. An eye peeped open, the child curious about her silent guardian.

True to form, Mr. Rasa was in worting heaven, the Sangheili biting into his ribeye as if it were his last meal alive. He was clearly enjoying himself, meat chunks and all. Ttone patted her tummy with a smile, reaching for another chicken tendie. "How is it, Mr. Rasa?" she asked. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai quit making out with his steak and lowered it, bone firmly in hand. "I think we are going to visit here more often." Yep, her guardian had given his seal of approval. "How is your meal, Ttone? Is it good? I haven't heard a peep out of you for at least five minutes!" She giggled and held up two chicken tendies now, bouncing playfully in her seat.

Need he really ask?
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon Jan 09, 2017 5:23 pm

Aww... Lunette purred and clasped her hands together as she took note of them eating like starving coyotes. While the display itself was rather... ravenous, it made her feel pretty good knowing they were legitimately happy with their food, enough to scarf it down. Hopefully they didn't need the Heimlich as Lunette wandered off to pickup some orders. On her way back from dropping them off, she snatched the hot cocoa that was ready, along with a pot of tea, and decided to sneak in while they were still chewing and give the two refills. Couldn't horf down food without some liquid! Lunette snuck away after placing the drinks and continued on with her own duties.

There wasn't too much to do other than walk around and ask if some of the patrons were doing alright, and of course cooking a few dishes herself. Boon might've been an expert at cooking meats, but Lunette had that special little touch to everything that made it just a bit fancier. A woman's touch, maybe. Whatever it was, it pleased lots of people!

A little bit of time passed, enough so that Rasa and Ttone were surely close to finishing their entrees, if not already complete. A few other patrons had finished and left, and the place seemed a little quieter as the "lunch rush" slowed down. It was time to check up on them, and Lunette walked over casually to make sure they were still alive and not in a food coma... yet.

"Hello dears, how's your meals? Did it get you nice and full, or are you perhaps curious about desserts~?" she purred, waving a small dessert menu gently like a fan. "If not, that's fine, you're free to stay as long as you like to let your tummies settle~" Wouldn't want them leaving all slow and sluggish in the middle of winter!
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:04 pm

Food coma in three... two...

"Ahhh... that hit the spot." A content (and full) Rasa 'Jeqkogoai leaned against the booth, mandibles curled in an expression of utter happiness. His plate had been picked clean - there wasn't a scrap of meat left in sight! All that remained was a gnawed on bone, and as for Ttone? He looked at the child drowsily, chuckling. And as for little miss Ttone, who had ketchup smears on her face and a sleepy smile, she was well on her way to Slumberland. There was just something about her love for mac n' cheese and chicken tenders... Sluggish, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai slid out of his seat and rose, stretching with a toothy yawn. Guess a nap was in his cards, too. But first, Ttone. Leathery hands dipped a napkin in water and gingerly cleaned her messy face. "Goodness, child," he rumbled quietly, "you eat like a famished youngling." She barely uttered a sound and didn't fuss, too full to speak or move. Looks like it was going to be a quiet journey home.

The sound of crackling fire was soothing to the ears. They could go now and pay the bill, or they could simply enjoy themselves and the ambiance. Choosing the latter, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai didn't see the point in rushing. He carefully picked up the child, bread crumbs and all, and returned to his side of the booth with a - groooaaaan - yes, groan. Ttone was soon tucked against his side, all nice and cozy. Let her sleep a bit, the alien thought. She deserved this one, small happiness. Pleased, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai leaned back and closed his eyes, eyelids heavy.

It had been several minutes before a he heard a familiar purr.

"Hello dears, how's your meals? Did it get you nice and full, or are you perhaps curious about desserts~?"

The Sangheili roused slowly, patting his abdomen. "Oh, Miss Lunette - so good to see you again. Everything was very wonderful, yes. Ttone is out like a light." And by the gods, dessert!? ...Could he possibly make room for such a thing? As much as he wanted to taste even more savoury cooking, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai had to sadly shake his head. "No thank you," he answered, "but perhaps another time? We will definitely be coming back." How kind of her to let them stay a bit, too! "We don't want to impose, but thank you for allowing us a moment's rest. It will be good for Ttone to sleep and have pleasant dreams." The fireplace also felt extremely comforting.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon Jan 09, 2017 6:25 pm

Nothing like a good food coma! Ttone had a sweet look about her once she was curled up next to her guardian, happily full and ready for bed. Lunette purred softly watching her, getting that warm feeling just as she did when watching Livewire sleep, particularly as a human. They just looked so fragile and tiny, yet they were far from it when awake. Lunette didn't know Ttone well, but she had that feeling about her--nothing could get her down despite things that had happened within their lifespan. Such brave kids, they were!

The dessert menu slid back into the cat's apron pocket as she nodded her head, "of course, next time!" She snickered at the idea of them imposing on her, and she waved her hand dismissively at the Sangheili, "oh please... you're not imposing, dear. We're open 'til tomorrow morning, so you're free to stay as long as you need. If you'd like to relax a bit better..." she turned her head to the fireplace, alerting the alien of a cushioned rocking chair, and an armchair, "you could sit closer by the fire if you like." If they weren't in any hurry, of course. Letting Rasa decide, Lunette began clearing the table of the plates and glasses, taking all of the dishes with ease and bringing them to the kitchen.

She'd return with a cloth and spray bottle, clearing off the table to clean it up. Despite whatever sort of mess the two had made, it was cleaned up in a jiffy, and once hands were washed and the carpet had been quickly swept up, Lunette wandered a bit over to Rasa and the child nestled in his arms (wherever they chose to be). "I hope you don't mind me saying, but you're doing a very good job with her!" It wasn't every day she met a child with manners... let alone a child with manners that actually kept them up!
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Mon Jan 09, 2017 11:41 pm

Even though Miss Lunette said they weren't imposing, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai couldn't help but feel that way. They were strangers in a strange land, and while the tavern had so far been of exceptional service... Amber eyes looked to the fire. "I... Yes, that is a good idea. We will sit by the fire, thank you." No matter the circumstance, a Sangheili will always be unaccustomed to such generosity. He thanked Miss Lunette for busing their table and left it, the alien lumbering toward an unoccupied armchair. It was a surprisingly comfortable seat.

Those warm, alluring flames got the better of Rasa 'Jeqkogoai's mind.

Oh what a year, what a year... It hadn't been easy; but, then again, when was it ever? Learning how to raise Ttone had been a challenge - a concept so undeniably alien to the Sangheili's upbringing. Swordsmen do not raise children. They sire them, pass on their genes, and go about their duties as skilled warriors. Never before had Rasa 'Jeqkogoai in all his years thought that everything would go so very, very wrong... Had he not been a good employee, a friend? Was his awkwardness with others to blame? And what of Ttone? What was her sin? A leathery hand gently stroked the child's head, her hair brushed by the Sangheili's slender fingers. Ttone hadn't done anything wrong... She was a child, an innocent. She was barely of age. How could... How could Tally have done such a thing? He thought highly of her, he cared for her, he trusted her. Why did she have to leave them behind...?

It was impossible for someone like Rasa 'Jeqkogoai to understand. He was, admittedly, simple. For him, oaths were more sacred than all the blood and gold in the world. Honour... Discipline... Duty... Had she not felt the same way?

He looked tiredly to the fire and sighed, feeling old beyond his years. Whether or not the Sangheili was equipped for rearing a child, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai was determined all the same. He will learn, he will experience, he will grow. To abandon Ttone was unthinkable; by the gods, she could barely fend for herself. The child was no Sangheili - no warrior or tactician. She was a child - a frail, vulnerable human child - and she needed guidance.

She needed faith.

Hushed footsteps alerted him to Miss Lunette's presence.

"I hope you don't mind me saying, but you're doing a very good job with her!"

"Thank you, but you are far too kind." Rasa 'Jeqkogoai turned his head to face the woman, mandibles taut. "I feel Ttone would fare better under one of her own kind, and yet it is precisely her own kind that has saddened her. Someone of my status is not expected to be..." Human, he wanted to say. Or, rather the characteristics of being human. A pause settled between them as the Sangheili considered his words, "...nurturing." Yes, that was better, he thought. "I am a swordsman - a guardian and master of the sacred blade. My duty is to fight, to protect. When the call for battle sounds, it is I who must answer. We are destined a warrior's death." But, how can one fight if they were burdened by the mantle of parenthood? So long as he chose to remain Ttone's caretaker, there would be no glorious end. He would not see his brothers and sisters, nor partake in their eternal valour. It was... distressing.

Heavy feet moved closer to the fire, where Rasa 'Jeqkogoai felt little of the winter's chill upon his bared toes. "I cannot abandon her - not now," he spoke quietly. "If this is to be my fate, then so be it. I accept the gods' will." And he accepted Ttone's sorrows as his own.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Tue Jan 10, 2017 2:17 am

What an odd thing to say, and yet... it sounded... somewhat familiar. A thought blipped into her mind as her eyes strayed from Rasa to the fire as the alien spoke his mind. A dedicated warrior that lived off the thrill of a battle that could no longer enter it, for their duties were now parenthood, was what she got from his words. Though she didn't quite understand the importance of how a warrior was to die, she did understand the importance of being dedicated to a specific cause. It was their way of life, what they were taught their entire lives from birth to death... and to suddenly have it taken away from you? It was difficult to adjust. Sometimes very difficult.

"It's hard to change everything you naturally do so suddenly, when you're taught it your entire life," her eyes glanced down at Ttone, smiling just a bit at how sweet and serene she looked while she slept, "and parenthood doesn't help." Lunette had been holding Rasa's tea, and finally placed it down next to him on a small table. "I don't know about fate, but... there's no shame in asking for help from friends or neighbors if you feel too overwhelmed. I'm sure there are people who would love to help in any way they could to ease your and Ttone's pain." Lunette gently pat Rasa's arm, making sure to keep some personal space for the girl and himself.

"I know I would like to offer my help," she said in a gentle tone, her face somewhat serious, "with anything you're not sure about. I'd like to do whatever I can." A small, proud smile crossed her face after a few seconds, her hands clasped together and held in front of her chest. "Please, Mr. Rasa, don't think you or her are a burden... I know how much this place can hurt. The least I can do is try to comfort those in pain." Such comfort was mostly physical, but when she couldn't be, her cooking and hospitality did just as well.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Jan 10, 2017 3:17 am

"It's hard to change everything you naturally do so suddenly, when you're taught it your entire life."

Truer words never spoken.

Rasa 'Jeqkogoai nodded solemnly, exhaling, "It's hard, yes. But I must remain steadfast and capable of adaptation. Ttone needs me now. She is alone and afraid. I cannot discard her like some..." He shook his head in distaste, mandibles flaring. "...like some animal," the Sangheili growled. Even if she wasn't his own blood, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai would not be so petty as to deem Ttone worthless. She was a creature of flesh-and-blood, of feeling - she had a soul. How could he live with himself - with his values - if he thought otherwise? Such arrogance was just...

"I don't know about fate, but... there's no shame in asking for help from friends or neighbors if you feel too overwhelmed. I'm sure there are people who would love to help in any way they could to ease your and Ttone's pain."

Here, the proud warrior deep within him stirred. "But I..." It was not unheard of, to accept help from fellow Sangheili. He would trust his noble kin with his life, but from outsiders...? Xenophobic tenets echoed against Rasa 'Jeqkogoai's experience on Portal Breach. There... There were good people here, even if he didn't know very many. His coworker was good, wasn't he? Maybe he could stomach a little pride and bother Zurg with a few questions... "I am afraid that I do not engage in many social gatherings with Portal Breach's community," Rasa 'Jeqkogoai admitted. He much preferred to work, to pray, to contemplate... It was a lonely lifestyle, but he was also a simple soul.

Hardened muscle twitched beneath Miss Lunette's touch. He tried his hardest not to squirm or appear awkward... It was a labour worthy of the Arbiters themselves, however, as their kind hostess said the impossible.

""Please, Mr. Rasa, don't think you or her are a burden... I know how much this place can hurt. The least I can do is try to comfort those in pain."

"I..."

He couldn't even utter anything beyond a single word. I need help, whispered the unspoken truth. But I don't wish to impose, countered the ever adamant nature of honour. A terrible impasse plagued his thoughts. What should he do...? A portion of him explained that he could always visit the library and study; this was conveniently doable by himself, which appeased his sense of honour. Would this option be good enough, however? Reading about human children was one thing, but raising them was entirely another. It would take observation, application, and trial and error - none of which he could simply learn from a book or educational course. Amber eyes looked sullenly to the resting child within his arms. If his duty was to be Ttone's well-being, then his choice was already decided. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai returned his gaze to Miss Lunette, determined. "I... would like that very much," he answered slowly, finishing the statement. "I think I am a good caretaker, but I should not settle for the mere basics. I wish to become a great caretaker. It might not be much, but I can pay you with whatever I can. Please, Miss Lunette... it would be wrong of me to accept your kindness and give nothing in return." Even if it was simply information and helpful instruction, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai knew the value of words. "I am a hunter and gatherer; perhaps you would like fresh supplies for your cooks? If not, I have monies." Would she prefer either of these things?
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Tue Jan 10, 2017 4:03 am

The Sangheili may not know much about parenthood, but he was already doing much better than her prior guardian or parents, Lunette thought to herself. To think of someone tossing a child away like garbage... disgusting. And this coming from a woman who got tired just looking at children run and scream around! The desire to reach out and pet Ttone's face arose, but the feline resisted, along with any other thoughts of affection via physical contact. Those muscles were nice and all, but the twitch was still obvious.

"I am afraid that I do not engage in many social gatherings with Portal Breach's community."

That was rather obvious to her through several small hints the alien gave off, but she didn't retort. Instead, Lunette stayed beside the confused and downtrodden Rasa, her ears gently folding downwards as he stammered his words. A gentle pat on the shoulder was resisted, and Lunette merely let out a gentle, "it's alright, dear," allowing him to take his time. He had all the time in the world, and no one would force him out of the chair or the establishment. Suddenly, ears perked up and forward as he accepted her offer, greatly relieving a bit of stress in the back of her mind.

But instead of accepting it as is, he requested some form of payment in turn. Lunette crossed her arms and gave a slightly huffy look, but... she understood. Pride, respect, whatever it was that required Rasa to pay her back, she would just accept it--but definitely not the money, to which her head shook slightly, "oh dear, I don't want your money! If you insist of repaying me, fresh supplies is a lovely idea, and I will happily accept it--so long as it isn't out of your way." While market and butcher fresh meats were fine, the flavor and tinge of gameness that came from a fresh kill was far superior, and it'd allow for more advanced recipes, too.

Nodding a bit at the thought, Lunette purred softly, pleased as punch with this arrangement. "Don't worry too much, dear. You've help whenever you need, and she's safe--and full~ It will work out, slowly but surely." Her words were followed by a louder purr as a smile curved along her muzzle. "Would you like some more tea? Or anything that could make you two more comfortable?" Blankets came to mind, but she didn't want to force the two to stay if they were interested in leaving before it got too dark. It was hard enough getting out here with the snow and wind, but it'd be far more dangerous at night.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Jan 10, 2017 6:16 am

The more kindness Miss Lunette offered, the more Rasa 'Jeqkogoai felt like a great big lump. A worty lump. But he was incredibly relieved when she accepted his repayment, as meager as it was. Miss Lunette's huffy expression honestly had the Sangheili fearful that he accidentally disrespected her... "It will be no trouble," he said, courteous. "If you need meat, skins, vegetables, fruits, herbs or spices, I will be more than happy to collect them for you. These lands, though alien to me, are well known." Portal Breach was his second home, after all.

"Would you like some more tea? Or anything that could make you two more comfortable?"

Ack, he had completely forgotten about his refill!

He never understood the human saying 'kill them with kindness' until now. "By the gods, you've already done so much for us! I... I couldn't possibly ask anything else of you." She had been kind to them, provided good food and drink, and even offered to educate Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on what it meant to raise a human child... But, above all, Miss Lunette had been an attentive listener, going above and beyond to make them feel at home. Perhaps he could...? Thinking, the Sangheili clicked his mandibles, uncertain if it wasn't his place to ask this question. "You've been very generous to us, and I am deeply appreciative of your hospitality. If... If it wouldn't be too much trouble, I would like to repay the favour." He reached for one of his belt's many fur-lined pouches, careful as to not disturb Ttone from her sleep. A piece of paper and pencil, five sizes much too small for his hands, went quickly to work. The Sangheili quickly jotted something down before handing the leaflet to Miss Lunette. "Here," he offered. "This is where we live, back in the city. Should you ever wish to visit for whatever reason, be it for help or to talk, our door will be open to you." The only downside was that Rasa 'Jeqkogoai's cooking wasn't anything extravagant! Hopefully the gesture didn't seem creepy...

Suddenly, the child stirred, Ttone rolling onto her other side and curling into a tired, warm little ball. "Nice... fluffy... kitty lady... Lenny, don't be... jealous..." It became painfully clear to the Sangheili that Ttone was in no condition for the long journey home. How long had they stayed...? He drew his eyes off the fire and looked out a window, dismayed. Regrettably, they had lingered far too long and now it was getting dark, the forest taking on an eerie and foreboding appearance. Capable warrior or not, it was extremely irresponsible to travel at night with a defenseless child. That left only one alternative - an alternative Rasa 'Jeqkogoai felt incredibly ashamed taking.

Nostrils flared as he deeply inhaled. Well...

"Miss Lunette," the Sangheili rumbled. He could do this. He could do this. Just look into those big blue eyes and spit it out. "Miss Lunette, I know I keep saying this, and I apologize if..." Gah, she was probably tired of hearing him apologize! His lower mandibles wibbled, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai trying his hardest not to appear 'constipated' with crippling awkwardness. It was either do or die, and he very much wanted Ttone and him to live. "Miss Lunette, may we please spend the night?" There, see? That wasn't so hard. It only cost him a chunk of his dignity and self-worth. A fair trade for a bed, mat, or pile of dirt. "If you need me to wash dishes or help with anything else, I will gladly do so. Even if you have no place to spare, all I ask is that Ttone has a place to rest for the night. I will be more than fine on the floor."

If push really did come to shove, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai could squeeze himself into a utility closet and make Ttone as comfortable as possible. And if Miss Lunette said 'no', well... He'll find a nice den somewhere, preferably without a bear, and make a fire.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Tue Jan 10, 2017 5:49 pm

"By the gods, you've already done so much for us! I... I couldn't possibly ask anything else of you."

Lunette's wrist flicked dismissively as she grinned, "don't worry, dear. That's what I do! If I didn't want to, I wouldn't have opened a tavern~" Her eyes suddenly focused on Rasa's hand, taking immense interest into what he could be doing. Eyes wide, it looked as if she were about to pounce on him, but instead, she accepted the piece of paper and gave it a quick glance. An address? A gentle purr escaped her throat as he smiled softly, placing the piece of paper into her shirt. "I'd be happy to come over to see how you two are doing--and bring some dinner!" She couldn't just waltz right into someone's home without something in hand... and considering how happy the two were from her cooking, it was the best she could do!

Ttone stirred a bit and mumbled cutely, causing Lunette to purr deeper and (once again) resist the urge to reach out to cuddle her. While she was happy the alien accepted her help, she figured it'd be for the best to keep a nice personal space bubble... for now. The Sangheili began stammering his words again after taking notice of the time outside, and Lunette tilted her head slightly as he tried to ask her another question. It was oddly cute to watch such a tall, intimidating guy act somewhat shy!

The request caused her to gently giggle, and her attention suddenly turned to the gargoyle at the bar, "Collins, could you be a dear and set up the spare room?" she purred, blowing him a kiss as he let out a huffy sigh, and went upstairs. "The spare room is a tad messy near the desk, but don't mind that! There's a bed big enough for both of you, and there should be enough blankets in the closet..." her mind began wandering, trying to remember if those had been washed recently. She'd hate to have guests sleep with old smelling blankets. "You're not imposing and you don't need to wash dishes or anything. You should just get some rest and stay as long as you like before heading out. I've lots of friends and loved ones who stay here whenever possible--it's like a big sleepover!"

"The room is ready, Lunette," Collins said in monotone before returning to his post at the bar. "Thank you, dear~ Stay down here as long as you like, the spare room is the first on the right up the stairs." Her hand reached out for a brief moment, but was retracted quickly and placed behind her back. "If there is anything else I can get you two, don't hesitate to ask. I'm happy to help."
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Tue Jan 10, 2017 10:32 pm

And bring dinner!? The Sangheili felt his cheeks burn. "You are simply too much, Miss Lunette." But he meant that kindly. She really did go out of her way to make two strangers as happy and as comfortable as possible - and two strangers she had just met, no less! But as commendable as Miss Lunette's altruism was... it nevertheless raised a concern in the warrior's mind. Wouldn't such philanthropy see that she was inevitably... hurt? Perhaps this is what the woman meant by a troubling last year...

"You're not imposing and you don't need to wash dishes or anything. You should just get some rest and stay as long as you like before heading out. I've lots of friends and loved ones who stay here whenever possible--it's like a big sleepover!"

...Oh, right. Sleepovers were very common rites of passage, weren't they? Ttone spoke fondly of them.

"Thank you." He must have said that a million times already, but every 'thank you' was as sincere and humbled as the last. "We will not make a mess," Rasa 'Jeqkogoai reassured her, "and we will respect the premises and your possessions. You have my word." And a Sangheili's word, should they be virtuous, was stronger than all the metal in the world. He would even offer to help clean the tavern's spare room, though something told Rasa 'Jeqkogoai that Miss Lunette would promptly refuse. She seemed... eager to please others, but harsh on herself. The similarity was mutual. When she asked if there was anything else she could do, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai shook his head. "We will be okay for now, thanks to you," he rumbled. Amber eyes noted her retreating hand. Was something the matter? "I think I will linger near the fire and warm my feet; snow is not a kind element, even for my people's thick skin." His otherworldly toes, four in total, wiggled as much as they could for good measure. The numbness will go away in time. "But, before you go..."

Before their hostess could react, Miss Lunette was soon enveloped within the Sangheili's large, muscular arms, drawn into a warm embrace. "Thank you - for everything." Make that a million and one. Rasa 'Jeqkogoai pulled away and hoped he hadn't committed a heinous social faux pas. People... People enjoyed hugs, correct? They typically did, and Miss Lunette seemed the hands-on sort. "We, ah... We don't wish to take anymore of your time. Your customers are probably waiting for service." Hopefully they weren't irate or impatient, too... The absolutely last thing he wanted was for Miss Lunette to get in trouble!
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:59 am

With nothing else to do for the two, Lunette glanced around the Tavern, eyes wandering for anyone who needed tending to. Honestly, it was a slow night--the colder months were always a little slower, but even more so due to the new location. She didn't mind, though, and the only people who were around seemed to be fine with sitting around the bar and getting warm. "I should probably make sure the tables are clean, and refill the peanut bowls..." she quietly said to herself, her hand tapping her bottom lip gently. "You get your feet warm!" her voice perked up suddenly, and Lunette was ready to leave--

"But, before you go..."

"Hmmmm~?" Before she could realize it, the large alien had scooped her up a bit into a hug! Her tail fizzed a bit in surprise, but a low purr began in her throat as her hands gave Rasa a gentle pat on the--mandibles. Such leathery and thick skin... but what really made it a nice hug was the muscles. Her purr tapered off a bit once he let go, and she gave a sheepish smile in turn, "ahh~ Thank you, dear! You're such a sweetheart." Finally, her hand was able to (somewhat) confidently give the Sangheili a pat on the shoulder, "you have a good night--both of you--and make sure it's not too cold before you leave tomorrow, okay? I don't want you both to catch a cold..." A quick chirp followed before the feline finally left their side, giving him the time to warm and get ready to sleep.

In the meantime, Lunette decided to man the bar, letting Collins take a break as she began tending to the patrons there, happily greeting and speaking with the strangers.
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Rasa 'Jeqkogoai
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    50/50  (50/50)
    Health Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Stamina Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)

Post by Rasa 'Jeqkogoai on Mon Feb 20, 2017 11:49 am

Judging by her reaction, tail puffing up into a gigantic ball of cotton, Rasa 'Jeqkogoai had not committed a grievous mistake. The pat to his mandibles was new, however... Along with being called a 'sweetheart'. What was a... sweet heart? Was it exactly as the word sounded? "We will have an excellent night," the Sangheili nodded, appreciative. By the gods themselves, he will even sleep on the floor and like it. "And we will stay nice and warm, you need not worry. I will bundle Ttone up like a newborn." Much like she was now, crumbs around her mouth and all. He wiped it again for good measure and tutted. Messy child!

Alas, all good things must come to an end. With a small wave, Miss Lunette and Rasa 'Jeqkogoai parted ways for the evening. There were patrons that required her hospitality, after all, and it would be incredibly selfish to covet more of her time. Besides, he couldn't keep talking if Ttone was fast asleep; she deserved a good, happy slumber.

A good, happy slumber... That actually sounded fairly good right about now.

It came all of a sudden. Before the Sangheili knew it, he was already slumping against his chair, eyes feeling like saturated bags of sand. Though he couldn't explain, it felt as if an entire decade had instantly hit Rasa 'Jeqkogoai at once. This year had been so, so draining... An emotional rollercoaster not unlike the discovery of his people's demise; of the Prophets' lies. Things were just... so needlessly complicated. Why? It was an awful question - and one with no answer - but he refused to let it haunt him further. It hurt now, yes - their hearts wept. But they could not bleed forever, for life would go on. Both he and Ttone... they would discover new friends together, new joys and heartaches, new possibilities that would help them overcome and grow. They had the future to look forward to, and if it was just as bright and warm as Miss Lunette... His mandibles ease into a sleepy smile.

Then it was a future worth fighting for, and the Sangheili wouldn't stop until both Ttone and he had their own slices of happiness. But first, there was the matter of that good, happy slumber Rasa 'Jeqkogoai had been wanting.

He yawned and got comfortable, the fire lulling him into a gentle and relaxed state of mind.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:56 am