Portal Breach: The Collision of Worlds :: v.4.0

Remember when games were good? Me either.

Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 17

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Remember when games were good? Me either.

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:22 am

JANUARY 7th | 12:30 (noon) | YEAR 7

Spoiler:

"Hey guy, I'm lookin' for a small... device that plays those video game things."

"Well, that is not very specific, but I do happen to have a small collection of handheld video gaming consoles..."

"... Right. Do you have one that's yey big... yey wide... and it's got two screens?"

"Sigh, you are referring to the DS, and no, I do not have one. I only collect the classic consoles, not the new age filth."

"... You don't get out much, do you?"

"That's it, get out of my shop!"

"FINE, it smells like bad body odor and squeeze cheese anyway!"

"Worst. Cameo. Ever."

Snow piled up on the sidewalks, wind blowing some stray snowflakes and the ice that started to form on the concrete made it a little difficult to navigate the city. It was hard enough to deal with freezing cold, but to come out and go on a hunt for a dumb little... well... Sutekh hid his head deeper into his coat at that thought, his body starting to move faster. Stopping for a moment to hide behind a large pole, the beastman sneezed and glanced up, his eye caught on the colors for "The City Noise". It sounded familiar... and it said "video games" on the window--maybe this place would have what he was looking for.

Stepping up and opening the door, Sutekh forgot his height and--

★@!THONK!@★

The door slammed and a low growl came out of Sutekh's throat as he rubbed his head. His coat was covered with snow, as was the bit of dark fur that managed to puff its way out from under his many layers of clothing. Kicking away snow and debris from his paws, Sutekh glanced around and looked at the walls, the various posters and eventually found his way to the video game section. A puzzled look came across his muzzle as he started to scratch his chin and squint at the various game case covers. "Hmmmmmm..." his tail swayed a bit with each new cover he read, his brow furrowing. He didn't really understand the concept of video games, but he knew they were great time wasters... and perfect for those who needed to focus.

The real question was, which one? Maybe something on those smaller screens--he saw kids playing with those in the city, and it looked pretty nifty. Maybe he could ask someone, but the thought of asking for help... this was kind of important, though. The beastman decided to (literally) swallow his pride and walked away from the gaming section to look for assistance from any worker.

Sutekh forgot who owned and worked here.
    Oh boy.

Last edited by Alasdair & Sutekh on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Kev

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Remember when games were good? Me either.

Post by Kev on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:07 pm

Sutekh was in luck, as today's assistance would come in the form of Kev, who was presently behind the counter and jamming to a little radio. Out in the cold he'd usually be as layered as his current customer, though since he'd been indoors for a while the scaly alien had shed his layers until he was clad in a brown sweater Fear had gifted him last Christmas. Even the gloves had been shed! All for the better as Kev shimmied to the beat and clapped his hands to the beat. "And the man in the back said everyone attack, and it turned into a ballroom blitz~! And the girl in the corner said boy I want to warn you, it'll turn into a ballroom blitz~!" Here the clapping hands clenched into little fists that he shook as though he were shaking some maracas. Hips swayed from side to side as he continued to sing along, turning himself around in a little circle. "Baaallroom blitz! Baaaallroom blitz! Baaaaallroom-ah!" At some point while he was singing, Kev had opened his dark blue eyes and found himself staring at a store that was no longer empty. His heart seemed to skip a beat before the alien threw himself at the radio and pressed 'pause'. He jerked back up into the other's view and laughed sheepishly.

"Ah, s-sorry about that! I was...testing to make sure this CD had no scratches in it!" A super cover story, very clean. Very smart. Good thing this man hadn't shown up while he was 'testing' an ABBA CD, then things would have gotten VERY embarrassing. Head cocking to the side, he leaned in close to inspect the other. Lots of layers of clothing, but he could spy bits of black fur. Between that and the height...hm, he'd keep any guesses for later. Instead, he squinted his eyes in a pleasant manner. "How can I help you today, sir?"

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:26 pm

Jeez...

Sutekh was more surprised by Kev's... dancing... than the fact that he worked here. It was almost painful to watch, with the thumbs and the head-bobbing... like his body was stuck rigamortis, yet suffering a seizure. The alien eventually turned around and was scared senseless by the tall, cloaked beastman and flustered about to turn the music off.

"Ah, s-sorry about that! I was...testing to make sure this CD had no scratches in it!"

Uh-huh, suuuuuurrre... Sutekh shrugged his shoulders in indifference, "I don't know, you looked like you needed help more." A wide smug grin crossed the beast's face as he leaned over the counter, his tail swaying a bit. "I'm lookin' for somethin', Kev, and your place seems to be the best. Last place I tried smelled like a meat locker with bad cheese..." his nose crinkled at the thought, lip slightly snarled. Standing straight up once more, Sutekh glanced over to the video games, then back at Kev, his golden eye focusing on him, "I'm looking for a specific game--a handheld... console. Has two screens... preferably the newest version? I think it's called a DS or something." DS probably stood for dualscreens, which made sense.

"Come over and help me look? I trust your eye better than mine!" Sutekh chuckled for a moment before heading back towards the gaming area, looking at Kev expectantly.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:05 am

"I don't know, you looked like you needed help more."

Kev squinted for a moment before he chuckled cheekily. "Help, huh? What kind of help, like a dance partner?" He even wriggled his arms invitingly at the beast man. Temporary, of course! Ah, but no dancing would take place today, for the alien had a job to do. Leaning over on his side of the counter, the reptile's scaly brows were arched with interest. "A meat locker with bad cheese?" Though he had no lips to crinkle, he'd settle for a disgusted shiver up his spine. Now, what was this about a handheld vidya ma-game? The little alien blinked, gears in his head turning. Two screens, handheld...it definitely rang a bell! Maybe he'd seen Skyler with one once...?

"Of course, of course! Gotta put these saucer shaped eyes to use somehow, huh?" Walking around to leave the counter, Kev followed at Sutekh's heels to the video game area. "So are you looking for just a console, or some games as well?" Once he was face to face with these consoles and games, surely it'd be easier for him to help good ole Tek! He'd taken it for granted, that Skyler was always the one savvy with video games. No better time than the present to learn how to be better at this part of the job!

"I'm Kev, and I speak through the power of telepathy. It is represented by italics and the color code #33CC66."
    Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:12 pm

"Help, huh? What kind of help, like a dance partner?"

"Sorry, Kev, by the only dance partner in my life is Cailia. And sometimes Alasdair. Besides, you got Fear to spin you around like a top." And that was all he wanted to imagine Kev and Fear doing.

Snorting a bit, Sutekh tilted his head at the games and consoles and seemed... frazzled. There were a lot of different kinds of stuff, and while technology was pretty easy to understand, something like... buttons and wires and shit like that? The beastman was a bit of a dingle. He knew how to hook up a DVD player and how a microwave worked. That was pretty much all he needed. "The console and some games--but I'm not really into this kinda stuff. Al's much better at puzzles and games in general, figured he might enjoy it more than myself..." Though, the temptation to grab one for himself to play with Alasdair sounded... interesting. He'd have to see what was available though.

"Nothin' too violent. Al's not a big fan of pointless killing..." Sutekh said, scratching his chin in thought as he looked over the games. The ones in the smaller cases seemed... kid friendly. That was a good start! The ones in the larger cases, probably for the bigger consoles, seemed a bit more gory than he would like. "You play games or anything? Or anyone you know?" he asked Kev, leaning over a bit with his head tilted.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:58 am

"Aaw, you wouldn't even dance with Fear? I think he's fond of you!" Kev teased with a cheeky little look. All of those little roasts left uneaten...so sad. Laughing to himself, Kev waved a hand with a sigh. "Ah, I'm sure Cailia and Alasdair are both excellent dancers. I know I've enjoyed dancing with Fear!" No matter how clumsy his stiff body was!

Inspecting the different kinds of games and consoles, Kev narrowed his eyes. Alright, Sutekh wanted a DS. That was simple enough! Just had to find a box that said 'DS' on it. Breezing through the different kinds of consoles, he found an area with all of the handheld boxes. Compared to the other section for consoles, this batch seemed much smaller! Maybe that was just because the actual game was smaller? Sorting past the Game Boys, Kev found three different DS type consoles and picked out a box of each one. "Okay, I found a Nintendo DS, a Nintendo 3DS and a Nintendo 2DS. It also looks like they come in different colors but I figured you should look at these boxes to make sure we have the right one." He scrutinized the printed image of the console inside for each box. "It looks like all three of them have two screens..." What interesting little beepity boop games!

To his slight surprise, the game was intended for Alasdair! "Oh! I didn't know he played video games. I bet he'd appreciate such a nice gift!" Not to mention having something to occupy his time with. "Hm..." Humming thoughtfully to himself, Kev flipped the box for the '2DS' over as he inspected the instructions and other bits of information. Would Fear like some sort of game like this? Something to keep him occupied and give him some mental stimulation? This would require some further thought. "I'm not too big a fan of it myself." Kev admitted with a shrug before blinking at the larger beast man who seemed to tower over his own short frame. "Hm...? Uh, well...not really. I've never really tried though. I guess these do look kinda cute! I've known a few people who play games, we actually used to have some sort of...video game store up in space or...something, but I don't know too many people that play games nowadays."

Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Mon Jan 30, 2017 11:23 pm

A loud snort escaped from Sutekh's nostrils, akin to a seal's nose. "I'd need get a clip to close my nose if he really wants to dance with me so badly." It was always somewhat difficult to tell if Fear was being serious or not with his many advances, but Sutekh would often pass them off as jokes. Whether they were or not, he'd rather just be oblivious.

The beastman's golden eye scanned the wall carefully, locking onto certain titles with impressive cover-art or those with cute animals. Al was always a sucker for animals... stupid pigeon. A small grunt came his throat at the thought, not fond of pets in general. But this was quickly tossed aside as Kev had found some various types, two looking particularly close to what he was looking for. Scratching his chin as he focused on the boxes, Sutekh pointed to the 3DS box, "this one." Taking it gently from Kev's grip to inspect it further, Sutekh quickly commented on the other two, "that first one I think is the older model... and the last is the newest model, but it doesn't have... the uh... the thing. The 3D effect option." Al couldn't exactly get motion sickness, so that wasn't a terrible concern!

"Thanks, Kev. Looks like this comes with everything it needs other than games--which isn't a problem." Obviously; he was in the perfect place for the games. Now it was time to find about three that would occupy his little buddy's mind. Everything that had a somewhat cute or friendly art style was inspected thoroughly, especially their backs and descriptions that were there. While casually looking at the various cases, Sutekh cleared his throat in a slightly awkward manner. "So... how's it goin'? Everything going good for you guys? Livewire and Fear doin' good?"

Small chat was still a thing, right.
    This is how it works, right.
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:52 pm

Sutekh with a big and painful clothespin on his nose was a mental image that sent the alien into a small fit of snickers. More so when he paired that up with a very serious and eager to dance Fear. "Kekekeke...I'll go ahead and dance with him for you. To spare your nose!" Kev winked with a small snort. For the best, the noodly alien enjoyed dancing with his partner.

Moving his arms slightly to allow for the beastman to grab the right game console, Kev's gaze turned downward to the other two boxes he had in hand. Aah, so it was the 3DS that Tek was searching for. One of them was older and the other...it didn't really flap open like the other two. Or have some sort of 3D visuals? He blinked up at the dog man owlishly, a little clueless as to why such an effect made all the difference. But that was what Sutekh had decided on and he knew more about this thing than Kev did! Nodding, he turned back to the console display and craned his head. "Glad we got that sorted out!" Now all that was left was the actual games! Slipping each box into the places he had pulled them from, the reptile was returning to Tek's side when the beastman when he spoke up again to thank him. "It's no trouble, I'm happy to help!" Frankly, he was just glad that he'd grabbed the right box. It had 'everything' a little video game thing needed, aside from the actual games! How funny, you'd think a video game would come with at least one game...no wonder these things got pricey.

Gaze shifting to the rows of video game cases, Kev's eyes roamed over the colorful images and looked for anything that had DS or 3DS written on it. What kinds of games would Al like, anyway...? One cover grabbed the alien's attention, and he pulled it out of the collection to eye it more closely. Very colorful, his dark blue eyes were drawn to the cute little kitty immediately. He tilted it for Tek to see as the larger man cleared his throat and spoke up. "Oh! Livewire and Fear are doing very good! They've been adjusting back to being themselves, they've been human for a few months now...I spent half of last month being human with them too! It was definitely fun to eat, and run around in the snow without being worried about freezing to death! Since they've been human for a while though, I think it's taking a while to get used to being a robot again...or undead again." Thankfully, it had not been a 'first time' transformation for either of them and they likely made it easier. Even if by a small amount.

"How about you?" Kev peered up at the much taller beastman, head cocked to the side. "How have you and Al been since you've returned? I feel like we haven't really had a chance to talk...and I actually haven't seen Alasdair around lately..." He tried not to sound so worried about that last part, but found a bit of it seeping through into his voice anyway.

Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:38 am

As Kev tilted the case of the game over to him, his eye glanced down and he snorted. Dogs and cats? Was it like one of those... virtual pet keychain things--except with better graphics? The beastman squinted in a serious thunk and then took it from Kev softly, "sure, maybe this'll keep 'im from bringing home strays..." Waking up with a bunch of cats using your body for warmth was... not fun. Sutekh cringed slightly at the thought, remembering the scratches he received, a hand idly rubbing his chest.

The Kryptonistanian began explaining Fear and Livewire's recent transition, causing Sutekh's ears to perk up a bit as he gave a somewhat skeptical look. He couldn't understand the appeal of becoming something so... weak. But, the two probably enjoyed it more than he could understand, and that was just fine. "That's good--they'll get back to their old habits soon. Probably feels weird not... feelin' anything." Sutekh made a face of uncertainty before correcting himself, "I mean, you know--not feeling hungry 'n stuff..." He somewhat envied them for that reason.

"How have you and Al been since you've returned? I feel like we haven't really had a chance to talk...and I actually haven't seen Alasdair around lately..."

Snout scrunching up a bit, Sutekh put the games into his pocket to free up his hands. "Sorry about that. We weren't really prepared for whatever happened. Didn't handle it the best way, didn't mean to kind of disappear the entire summer..." mumbling slightly, the beastman went quiet for a few seconds. "Didn't mean to scare anyone, either. But, we're fine--Al's fine, but I guess he feels a little weird about it. I don't honestly know." Going quiet once more, a few more games and paused before grabbing another 3DS. Giving it a quick inspection, he added it to the other items in his soon-to-be-full pocket, and selected three more games.

"I think this will do for now. Can't spend too much--have to get that all important food." A small grin appeared for a brief moment before he urged Kev to the counter in a gentle but obvious way via soft nudges against the alien's side. "I'm kinda hopin' playing a game might get him out of... his funk," Sutekh admitted as he started placing the games on the counter. "He's been kind of depressed since we came back. Can't really talk to him--he doesn't respond. It's a little creepy sometimes." Waking up in the middle of the night to look for food and seeing a pair of glowing eyes in the dark can be quite startling.

"Does Fear get depressed? What do you do t'cheer him up--other than maybe kill people?" It was probably narrow-minded to assume an undead would have the same depressive response as another undead, but hey--it was worth a shot, right? Kev was a bright and cheery guy most of the time, after all. He was the sunshine to Fear's... nighttime? Sure, we'll go with that.

List of games for future reference:
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sat Feb 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Sutekh's snort wasn't too much of a surprise, the tall beast man didn't seem like the type who'd care for the fluffy types of games. Kev's eyes still brightened as Tek took it from him, deeming in appropriate for Al. "Aaw...he likes animals that much, huh?" Bringing home strays, it reminded him of how Livewire tended to bring the odd animal home sometimes. Such as that one spider... Shaking his head to rid himself of that memory, he nodded up at the one eyed male instead. "I'll keep that in mind!" Particularly for gifts in the future!

Uncertainty didn't seem to register to Kev, at least not enough to comment or linger on. "You're probably right! I couldn't imagine how it feels, to go from feeling things to...not." No hunger, no thirst, no sensation when he touched anything. No matter how soft or sharp! "There's probably an adjustment period...I know it's that way for me. A very different sense of taste, and remembering that my current body can't produce its own warmth." There were things he missed, and he knew it had to be like that for Fear and Livewire as well. Alas...at least they had their fill!

Things seemed to turn a little awkward at the mention of their disappearance, understandably so. Kev winced, a hand raising but not reaching out to touch Sutekh. He wasn't sure how the beast man would take that sort of physical touch. "It's alright...I'm sorry things got to that point. It had to be hard. I'm...just glad you came back." The alien cocked his head to the side, a brow arching up. Alasdair might still feel weird about it? "Weird...how? Like he feels guilty or...sad?" He prodded softly, sounding concerned for the little undead man. Silence settled upon them, giving Sutekh a moment to grab another 3DS along with more games. A console for each of them, huh? The reptile snorted. "Of course! I wouldn't wanna take out of your grocery fund Tek! Two consoles and some games, that's good enough for one day." He agreed with a small wink, before a squeak escaped the alien at the nudges! With an awkward laugh, he shuffled in the direction of the counter.

"I think that could help...something to distract him or keep him busy." Kev replied, waiting patiently until all of Tek's goods were stacked on the countertop. Quiet, unresponsive...oh it sounded familiar alright. His eyes creased lightly as he began to type in the game console prices first. "I'm sorry to hear that Alasdair's been so down...I hope he'll be okay." He glanced up from the counter, face turning thoughtful. "Fear and I have been through a lot. I'd be lying if I said Fear just trudged through all of it without ever being affected. When he becomes depressed, he actually gets a bit like Al. He goes quiet, he lingers in the corner and goes quiet..." Setting aside the 3DS, he got started on the games. "When I want to cheer him up, I usually just sit with him and keep him company. I'll distract him a little by talking about other things or my day, but eventually I do try to get him to talk about what's bothering him...sometimes he's okay to talk and other times he just needs a bit of space. It can be a little hard to tell which he wants but I like to be there with him. I make him some tea, I let him know I love him...I give him some hugs..." Okay this might be going down a route Tek couldn't exactly use to cheer up Alasdair.

Letting out an awkward chuckle, the alien shrugged his narrow shoulders. "I just...stick with the things he likes or that makes him think of positive things. Talking things out and offering advice or just being there to listen...that seems to be what helps the most."

Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Thu Apr 06, 2017 1:52 pm

The beastman could never really understand the appeal of changing species--at least, for himself. For Fear and Livewire, it was probably magical, in a way--tasting, touching, sensations never before felt and having to experience it all so suddenly? It was sort of weird how Alasdair never showed real interest in becoming something living, considering all the things he was interested in and would read and be generally curious about... maybe some day.

"I'm...just glad you came back."

Right--not everyone did come back, did they? "Guilt, I think. Worrying people, maybe, or thinking he kept Lunette and I from leaving his side? He's... dumb for thinking that we'd be upset with him over something he couldn't stop." A gentle shrug was mostly heard rather than seen, the cloth rubbing against his shoulders. "We came back, and I'm glad for that, too." Had Al not recovered... hm. Sutekh threw that thought out--he was fine, if not a bit depressed--and glanced down at Kev with a melancholy expression. The striped alien began describing his methods for whenever the tall and spooky Fear got sad, and, while the beastman nodded a bit to the suggestions, Sutekh snorted a bit at the thought of hugging Alasdair. It's not that he didn't mind, it was just kind of... something he never really thought about. Sure, he'd piggy-back and use Sutekh as a perch, but never really signs of affection in a platonic manner. The only person who did that was Lunette--for obvious reasons.

"Hm..." Looking down at the items gathered, his claws tapped a bit on the counter in thought, ears shifting positions every few seconds. "... Thanks, Kev. I'll uh, try that. Just being there, I mean. And not getting mad when he doesn't talk back." Taking it slow instead of just jumping right on a sensitive topic was a better idea, after all. Eye shifting from Kev back to the items on the counter, Sutekh let out a soft huff before asking, "so, what do I owe ya?"
    Kev

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Kev on Sun Apr 16, 2017 11:10 pm

Ah, guilt. A familiar obstacle. With a sympathetic look in his big ole eyes, Kev shrugged softly. "Yeah, it's...silly to think like that. You and Lunette obviously care for him and would do anything for him. He didn't keep you from doing anything and it was your own decisions to stick by him. But sometimes that's just...how it feels." The alien scratched idly at his arm, rubbing the scales beneath the earthy brown fabric of his sweater. "When people feel low, sometimes they feel guilty and think they shouldn't feel sad at all. Anybody trying to help them...they see as being burdened. It's hard but you and Lunette are good people. Eventually, the guilt will fade. He just has to forgive himself." Forgiving others could be quite easy. But forgiving yourself...that was another matter entirely. The melancholy expression on Sutekh's face drew an encouraging and optimistic one onto Kev's own, his eyes crinkling around the edges. He believed in you, tall doggo man. You can do this.

"Anytime, Tek! You'd be surprised, just how much just being there really matters." Not getting mad was also a rather great plus. "You're on the right track, Sutekh. Just take it one day at a time." Tappa-tappa! Keys clicked as Kev's khaki fingers trailed over them, setting the wares aside after their prices had been input into the machine. "Well, you're in luck! We have a special on Saturdays. Buy two items, get one free!" He indicated to the collection of games. "That knocks off the prices for two of your games! If you wanted to, you could also get a third 3DS for free. Otherwise, that rings you up to a total of..." Another quick rappa-tap and Kev looked back to Sutekh brightly. "100 credits!" Yeesh, that sounded like a lot. Then again, the beastman had quite the assortment of goodies.

Alasdair & Sutekh
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    25/25  (25/25)
    Health Bar:
    220/220  (220/220)
    Stamina Bar:
    34/34  (34/34)

Post by Alasdair & Sutekh on Sat Apr 22, 2017 4:56 pm

Guilt sure was something Sutekh could relate to. His whole life prior to coming here was basically living through guilt, and being pelted or beaten up for reasons, but his focus was on Alasdair. Kev's words rang in the beastman's head as he stared at the counter, all the items collected there. 'He just has to forgive himself' was what brought the beastman back to reality, Sutekh looking at Kev with an oddly thoughtful look, probably the first time he ever gave Kev such look. "You're right," he admitted quietly, his hand reaching into his pocket and idly searching for something, then pulling out a familiar little coin bag--Alasdair's coin bag--and started to look through it.

"Really? Damn, that's..." Sutekh blinked, a bewildered look on his muzzle. "That's a good deal, considerin' the other places I went to had their prices up so high." Not that he was complaining, the deal was amazing and nothing to bitch about, but... hopefully Kev wasn't underselling himself! The credits were slid across the counter as Sutekh mentally counted, adding them up twice before finally agreeing, "yeah, here ya go, Kev." 100 credits, in total. "Al likes to hoard the credits we find and collect--think this'll be a much better investment than them hidin' in his sleeves and being forgotten." The only time they actually bought anything was food for Sutekh and sometimes books for Alasdair... And the occasional payment for a bus ride when the beastman felt too lazy.

"... Thanks, Kev. I really appreciate it... your words and kindness--everyone's kindness, honestly..." Sutekh sounded a little awkward, his ears flattening in a meek manner, "you and Fear and Livewire... and everyone else that's been supportive and generous. It's somethin' I'm still getting used to, but I'm glad I am." His large clawed hand reached over and gave Kev a soft scritch across his scaly head, making sure to be light about it.

Once everything had been bagged up, Sutekh stuffed it all into his coat, making himself look bulkier. "Thanks again, Kev. I'll shove this in Al's face and make him play games with me. If it works, I'll definitely come back and get those other weird console things." Video games were a great way to distract the mind, after all, and the pair certainly needed a simple distraction. "Tell Fear and Livewire I said 'hi', yeah?" The beastman nodded before heading out the door, the wind stopping him in his tracks for a second, his fur fluffing up in a shiver. "HNNG..."

He was definitely going to take the bus.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:57 pm