Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

A Night of Themed Dining

Post by Shaiamils on Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:01 pm

DATE: FEBRUARY 14TH, 2016
    TIME: ALMOST 7:30 PM

Shaiamils winced lightly as the nighttime cold continued to tease the tips of his wings. Though the days were starting to get a bit warmer, which the doctor was very thankful for, most nights still proved to be fairly chilly out. He was never overly fond of the cold, and very much looked forward to the upcoming onset of Spring. The cold didn't matter in this very moment, though. The feathery alien came in for a landing as he reached his destination.

Before going inside, he pulled a large lollipop out of his pocket to be sure that it had not melted. It was made up of two traditional peppermint candy canes that formed a heart shape filled in with white chocolate and sprinkles in the center. The bottom of the lollipop was tied off with a big bow and a tag which read, "happy Valentine's Day!" Shaiamils had given these lollipops out to many of his friends today, and a certain feline bartender was next on his list. Unsurprisingly, the treat had not melted yet. In all honesty, the avian was more concerned that it would melt once he got inside. In that case, he would have to hand it out quickly.

And so the doctor shoved the lollipop back in his pocket and headed inside. Already his feathers ruffled contently at the warmth. It felt so nice in here! He made no hesitation in claiming an empty seat at the bar. Shaiamils curiously perused the menu in search of the Valentine's Day specials he had heard were currently up for grabs. He might have been alone, but it still felt somewhat wrong to not have at least one heart-shaped, or otherwise Valentine's-themed morsel tonight. And truthfully, all the lovey-dovey couples around him didn't bother him all that much. Though the avian might have said the opposite a while back, he eventually came to realize that he was actually enjoying the bachelor life.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: A Night of Themed Dining

Post by Lunette on Thu Feb 16, 2017 6:32 pm

There wasn't a large crowd for the holiday evening; a few couples scattered here and there, along with some singles that stuck around the bar or game tables. It wasn't terribly busy, and the mood was very calm and relaxed despite the... rather vibrant pink, purple and reds the tavern had been decorated in. White lights were strung up over the bar with little glimmering hearts attached via strings, a pretty display that would no doubt catch most people's eyes as they entered. A nice scent of freshly baked desserts slipped through the cracks in the kitchen door as one would take a seat at the bar, some shadows moving beyond the kitchen door in a hurried shuffle. The door open and Lunette emerged, a plate of appetizers in one hand and a slice of strawberry cake in the other.

"Oh! Hello, dear~" she purred at the avian, "I'll be right with you in just a second." Disappearing behind a corner, it would be just a few minutes before Lunette would return, smoothing out her apron and dress before taking a spot behind the counter. "Thank you for waiting--you're lucky you came in a bit later since the dinner rush is through! It was packed a few hours ago..." she said with a small smile on her face as she moved her hair away from her eyes. "What can I get for you, Shai? Something... pink~?" Her smile became a catty grin, nose scrunching up ever so slightly. Pink and blue were very nice complimentary colors for one another, after all!
    Shaiamils
    Shaiamils
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Shaiamils on Thu Feb 16, 2017 10:29 pm

"Good evening, Lunette," Shaiamils greeted the bartender. "No need to rush yourself. I wanted to look at the menu a bit anyways."

The doctor tapped his foot lightly as he perused the selections on the menu. As he read through it, he realized exactly how indecisive he was going to be in choosing from tonight's specials. Everything looked so delicious, especially the deserts. Maybe it couldn't hurt to ask for recommendations? Eventually Lunette returned, and he couldn't help but chuckle at her comment on pink foods.

"As a matter of fact, yes. That's exactly what I'm here for," the feathery alien confirmed. "I had to treat myself to at least something special for the occasion. What might you recommend, if you don't mind me asking?"

The avian snapped his fingers abruptly.

"Oh!" He pulled the lollipop out of his pocket and offered it to the feline. "Happy Valentine's Day, by the way! I wanted to give this to you fast so it didn't melt on you."
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:07 pm

What would she recommend, eh? Lunette placed her finger to her lip, eyes looking up in thought as her brain listed all of the specials for the evening. There were a few that came to mind, but before she could make a mental list of what Shaiamils may like, she was snapped out of her thought process. The avian reached from his pocket a candy pop of sorts, and gave it to the hostess as a token of the holiday. Hands clasped together as Lunette's eyes widened and she purred softly, taking the treat and giving it a quick sniff, particularly at the peppermint. "Mmm~ What a lovely--and tasty--gift! Thank you, dear! I'm always a sucker for heart-shaped foods--and sprinkles!" The temptation to start nibbling at the candy would have to wait til later, however.

The lollipop was tucked away into her apron for later munching, and Lunette recreated the mental list of specials. "There's heart-shaped salmon steaks with dill sauce, sweet potato mash and a small helping of jasmine rice, soaked in a rose petal reduction for a bit of an earthier taste--and of course for coloration!" Her tongue slipped out to lick her lip a bit at the thought, having not eaten anything in a few hours. There was no time to eat when others needed to be served! "We've also more fish, white meat or red meat dishes, depending on your preference. Shrimp scampi risotto, roasted cod with olives and lemon and some pasta with pumpkin-sage cream sauce..."

The list would continue on, but some ideas for preferences would help. And she wasn't even at the desserts, yet! "Or, did you just want to jump straight into a nice piece of chocolate raspberry cake~?" she asked, leaning on the bar with a soft smile, tail swishing gently behind her. There were many choices, but there wasn't any rush! Lunette stared with big curious eyes, purring still being emitted from her in an almost excited fashion.
    Shaiamils
    Shaiamils
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Shaiamils on Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:47 pm

Shaiamils smiled warmly as Lunette accepted the gift, a soft purr slowly rising in his throat.

"I'm glad you like it. It's good, trust me. I made sure to try one of them before I started handing them out to everyone. Could you imagine trying to give out candy you knew was bad?" The avian chuckled at the thought. "My conscience would never allow me to do it."

The doctor listened intently as the bartender listed the night's specials. In all honesty, though, he had clearly lost interest in the other options after her description of the salmon dinner. That sounded delicious!

"I think I'm going to have to try that salmon dinner. It sounds amazing. Oh, and a Winter white cosmopolitan for the drink, please."
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon Feb 20, 2017 3:55 am

"Well, I don't think you'd ever give out anything bad in general! Except shots--those aren't really bad, but they do pinch a bit!" Her forefinger and thumb curled into a pinching motion as she snickered a little. But it sounded like Shai was taken with the salmon dinner, and immediately decided after her string of specials. "Good choice! It's one of my favorites, too." And a winter white cosmo? Also a good choice. "I'd think that pairs quite well it most foods! The rice, especially! I'll go put it in and be right back to start on your drink~" Lunette purred as she quickly wrote down the order, and whisked herself into the kitchen.

It took her little time to throw in the order as she returned quickly, though with a fresh patch of cranberries in hand, and started work on the drink. Grabbing a shaker tin and some vodka, Lunette began mixing. "I like this drink, though I honestly prefer the orchid one. We'll be bringing that back near the start of spring!" she said with a small smile, her hands working swiftly as she added some Cointreau and cranberry liquor. "How have you been of late, dear? Has work been busy for you?" she asked, head tilted in a cute manner as her tail swished about excitedly behind her.

Giving the tin a shake, the drink was then poured into a martini glass, and 4 fresh cranberries were dropped in. The drink was handed carefully to the avian, the scent of alcohol and cranberries ever apparent--though there was a slight hint of lime!
    Shaiamils
    Shaiamils
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Shaiamils on Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:54 pm

"Oh?" Shaiamils' interest was piqued at the mention of an orchid cosmopolitan. "I think I'm probably going to have to come back later and try that one. That does sound really good."

The doctor laughed as the bartender asked about how work had been lately.

"There was a real doozy today, that's for sure," he began. "Some teenager came in with a serious laceration in the groin area, one that required stitches. He should consider himself lucky that it very narrowly missed his.. unmentionables. Also, he completely and totally refused to tell anyone how he injured himself. Not me, nor his parents. I can only assume that means the circumstances in which he received the cut were pretty embarrassing. They usually are, especially in the case of teenagers. That wasn't really important, though. What matters is that I was able to patch him up."

He grabbed the drink and took an experimental sip, fluffing up contently.

"This is wonderful, thank you."
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:22 pm

"Ooh? Well, when spring rolls around and you come back, I'll give you that Hawaiian Orchid drink for free~" Lunette purred happily. It was a lovely drink--very floral and light tasting!

Leaning against the counter, folded hands underneath her chin propping her head up as she looked at the avian alien, listening to his day. A slight cringe came across her face as he began, but then it turned into a snicker. "That sounds quite painful, but at least it wasn't horrendously gaping..." a shiver went down her spine, tail fluffing up, "I don't know how you can handle gushing wounds and digging through organs." Doctors must go through extreme body horror training to deal with half of the things Lunette had heard of--and thankfully not seen. Little cuts and gashes were about all she could handle, but once organs or blood started to fall out at intense rates... ICK.

"Whatever he did, hopefully he won't do it again." Teenagers were always a bit stupid when it came to their own bodies, though. The chances of him coming back were probably higher than she gave credit.

A loud purr came from her throat at the compliment, "you're welcome, dear!" There was a slight pause before a little bell chimed from the kitchen. Lunette's ear shifted in that direction before her head turned, and began moving from the counter. "I'll be right back~" she said, wiggling her fingers playfully at Shai before disappearing into the kitchen.
    Shaiamils
    Shaiamils
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Shaiamils on Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:12 pm

"Yeah, it could've always been worse." The doctor agreed. "Unfortunately, though, he was also extremely terrified of needles. I could tell he was trying to play it cool. His mother offered to hold his hand while I administered the anesthetic, but he insisted he would be fine. Guess who ended up passing out on me?"

Shaiamils chuckled softly.

"All his mother could do was shake her head. A little moral support goes a long way, you know? So we let him rest in the bed for a while. Once he finally came to, he was good to go. I can only hope that his injury didn't put a damper on his plans tonight, if he had any."

The avian tapped his claws on the bar.

"I've definitely seen worse before, though, that's for certain. When I started studying to become a doctor, I learned to make myself numb to these things, to desensitize myself. It's worked out so far."

He gave the bartender a light wave as she headed for the kitchen. If the feathery alien had to guess, she was probably getting his food.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:34 pm

Shai was half right--while his food was close to being complete, there were a few appetizer plates that were sent out first to various tables. But it wasn't a long wait, thankfully, and within 2 minutes or so, Lunette returned to the avian doctor with a steaming plate. Setting it down, he'd be able to see the nice crisp and clean look of the heart-shaped salmon piece, thick and a nice light coloration with a small hint of char on it for a crunch. To the side of the fish was a nice white sauce with dill pieces spread throughout it, as if the scent of dill wasn't obvious enough. To the side, some mashed sweet potatoes in a (sloppily made, probably by Boon) heart-shape; the scent of cinnamon and nutmeg wasn't overbearing, but added to their earthy scent. Finally, the jasmine rice, pink as a rose with a fragrance of one, to boot, and placed in a perfect circular pile with a few rose buds on top.

Lunette grasped her hands together and let out a soft purr, "there you are~ I hope you enjoy it! Oh, and if I may suggest to leave the dill sauce off until you're completely ready to eat, it adds just the right touch for your first bite." There wasn't much for her to do at the moment except hang around the bar to refill drinks, so she pulled up a small bar stool behind the counter and sat down for a moment. "Hope you don't mind some company, dear... my paws could use a little break." She could also do with a drink of her own, now that she thought about it...

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:38 am