Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

A Birthday at the Bar

Post by Amalan on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:09 am

DATE: MARCH 5TH, YEAR 7
    TIME: APPROX. 8 PM

Amalan shuffled about outside the tavern. He could hear muffled music playing from the inside. At first the elf wondered why his friend was taking so long to get here. One would think that a person wouldn't want to be late for their own birthday celebration. Eventually, though, the realization dawned on him. Njorth wasn't late, Amalan was just early. Now it made sense. The Altmer had just been overly cautious with his timing. But really, he couldn't be too careful considering just how far out he lived. The swamp wasn't exactly close by.

For now the elf took a seat on one of the crates outside by the stairs, tapping his foot lightly to the music. As he waited, Amalan noticed just how nice a night it was tonight. There wasn't much of a breeze, the stars were twinkling brightly, and it wasn't as cold out as it had been not too long ago. Maybe this meant that Spring was just around the corner. Probably so, seeing as it was March. It wasn't long before he finally saw Njorth approaching from the treeline. The elf ran over to greet his alchemist friend, pulling him into a friendly hug.

"There you are, Njorth. Happy birthday!" he greeted the Nord. "I'm hoping the bar has some open seats. They looked pretty crowded the last time I checked, but I saw a few people leave before you got here."
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Re: A Birthday at the Bar

Post by Njorth on Sun Apr 23, 2017 11:17 am

"Thank you, Amalan. I really appreciate it," Njorth responded to his apprentice's birthday wish, chuckling heartily. "What are we waiting out here for, then? We don't want anyone else coming in and taking our seats, do we?"

Side by side, the both of them made their way into the tavern. Just as Amalan had suspected, a few seats were now open at the bar.

"Looks like you were right. Come on, let's grab those seats."

Without hesitation, the elf and the alchemist approached the bar, plopping down in the stools. It was already looking like tonight was going to be a wonderful night. The Nord really enjoyed having someone close he could enjoy his birthday with.
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:56 am

This particular Sunday wasn't terribly busy; some campers heading out soon to find their spot, a couple of diverse species sitting with three of their children, and a two travelers (perhaps hikers?) geared to the teeth that were at the other end of the bar where the elf and his Nord friend sat. Otherwise, a small few were scattered about and enjoying a dish or drinking heavily. A rather quiet night, all in all. Hopefully it would remain that way; while Boon did enjoy throwing people out (more so since the tavern left the city), there was little threat in the atmosphere, and it felt more... homey in a way. The crackling of the fire, and the music that seeped from the jukebox really added to it.

Nice track, huh?:

The gentlemen were given a second before the lovely owner skipped behind the bar, holding two booklet menus and coming to a stop before them. "Hello there~" Lunette chirped softly before handing them both a menu booklet for them to review. "Welcome! Please make yourselves comfy~ The special tonight is a two-for-one special; a wood-grilled 10 ounce sirloin with your choice of two sides and a dessert included! Drinks--I think it's 3 shots for the price of one!"

Lunette paused, smiling and staring for a moment before finishing, "I'll give you two a moment to look over the menus~ Can I get you started with any sort of drink?" Her head tilted, tail swaying softly behind her.
    Amalan
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Amalan on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:29 pm

"Good evening," Amalan greeted the bartender. He sounded pretty interested in the special for tonight, but not for himself. "Say Njorth, did you hear that? Tonight's special comes with a desert. Maybe you should get that? It is your birthday, after all? And if I'm not mistaken, you love steak."

Njorth shot him an aside glance. The elf knew what message his alchemist friend wanted to get across, but that tiny grin betrayed him.

"What? I wasn't sure if you were going to tell her. Might as well, I figured. Hmm.."

The Altmer looked over the menu's drink selection.

"Might I ask which of your beers are available on draft?"
    Njorth
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)

Post by Njorth on Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:42 pm

"You know me too much, Amalan," Njorth said, chuckling lightly. "Don't get me wrong, though. I don't see that as a bad thing. Yes, it's my birthday and I really do love steak. As such, that special does sound pretty tempting. If you don't mind, I'd like to go ahead and put in an order for that. I'd like the steak medium rare, please. And for the sides.."

The Nord looked briefly over the menu. Honestly, everything sounded wonderful. In the end it all boiled down to which ones seemed like they would go best with steak.

"I think mixed vegetables and mashed potatoes sounds like a safe bet. And I'll take any mead you've got. If you don't have mead, though, I'll be fine with a large beer."
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:33 pm

On draft beers? "I've something called Coors and Sam Adams... I've also my own rose beer, along with some apple cider. Everything else is... imported." She could replicate the beers, sure, but why when it was all fresh when it got here in their own bottles? It was best to just take it as it came and drink it pure and simple. Recreating it wouldn't be as good as the original, as they say. Her attention returned to the bearded man, Njorth, and nodded at his decision. "Good choice!" Writing it down on her little pad taken from her apron, Lunette's eyes glanced from the paper over to Amalan.

"Would you care for the same, but different sides?" It was a two-for-one special after all! They wouldn't have to spend too much on good food. But there was still the matter of drink, too. "Ahh--and what would you like to drink, dear? Something special for your birthday?" she asked Njorth, head tilted and ready to write.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:41 pm