0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Light(en) Up.

Post by Jim on Tue Apr 25, 2017 12:29 pm

April 15: 4:12PM

The drone floating beside Jim as he walks to the outskirts of town makes the most worried face he can. Cole tried his best to message Dr. Watkins every hour on the hour, but the cyborg has been unresponsive toward him for the past few days. His programming requires him to be worried, but he isn't sure how to deal with the situation until actual harm comes to his maker. So on he floats.

Jim's mind races, the random spurts of data coming in from his surroundings and past scans of the city and its inhabitants have done nothing for his mountain of inquiries and this has left him in sort of a funk. The little red blips on his HUD continuously appear. ERROR: CODE 15, 34, 22. Please update firmware. Was the current culprit. This is not the time, body, this is not the time. He needed a strong drink before he even landed on this universe and that itch hasn't been scratched yet. Even his few visits to the ...sanctuary they called it? were all non-alcoholic adventures. Even so, he hasn't adjusted the metabolism on his digestion main at all, so he couldn't get inebriated in the first place! His thoughts slow as he comes upon the Tavern.

Stopping a few steps away from the front door, he takes in what he sees. Archaic architecture indeed. The variety is the problem. He's been to a Huahn world, where they mix the technology with structures similar to this one, but... The city is a hodge-podge of different eras so far apart that it gives what's biological about his brain something like a headache. He keeps telling himself he'll get used to it. But hey, that's time he doesn't want to spend. Not to mention his Team. They're gone. All that work for nothing. Starting from scratch might be impossible.

His tale flicks at the end, the servo scraping up dirt and redepositing it on the opposite side of him. Well, the townspeople did say this is the best place to get "quiet drunk" so we'll see what he can do.

Jim takes the plunge, almost running into yet another ancient-style door. Of course. Manual. Forgot. Damnit.  

Jim turns a doorknob and walks into the place. Ah. A bar. At least that hasn't changed. Eyeing the stools, he scans them, deeming them able to support his density, then takes a stiff walk over to counter and sits. His tail wraps around one of the legs, the end flicking in irritation.

Cole almost bumps into the back of his head.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: Light(en) Up.

Post by Lunette on Tue Apr 25, 2017 6:22 pm

The Jukebox is playing...:

Saturday's weren't very busy during the afternoon. It was rather quiet, calm, with only a few patrons who came early for dinner. Otherwise... it was nearly empty. Maybe this was a good thing for the cyborg, as the later it got on a Saturday night, the louder it would get of people drinking and laughing and music kicked up a few notches. For the moment, no one was manning the bar, and a grey cloud of smoke began seeping into the main room from the kitchen. This lasted for a few minutes, the scent of charred rubber filling the air. No one seemed to complain, only glancing over and looking a little concerned before ignoring it.

"Hack! Ick!" The white feline came out, holding a hand to her nose as her other waved a small towel in the air as she rushed over to a few of the windows, opening them and fanning out the smoke. Taking a moment and coughing a bit more, Lunette made her way to the bar, hand fanning the air. "Ahh, sorry for the wait--ooh!" Oh yes, this guy! Wasn't he the grumpy cyborg... Jim, if she recalled right. "Hello there, dear. Nice to see you~" A little cough escaped her, placing a kerchief to her mouth to cover it.

"So, what can I get for you... Jim?" Her eyes strayed for a moment, looking at the never-introduced Cole that hovered around the tailed cyborg.
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:50 pm

Jim eyes the small amount of customers, having no clue as to how time works here so the bar not being busy at all times is astounding him but we'll skip over that because Jim doesn't want to think about stellar cycles because that's already messing up his sleep schedule on top of everything else becau... Nope stop. He shakes his head, realizing he had been staring at a man sitting at a table with such intensity that the patron actually noticed. Jim grins, plays it off like he was looking his way on purpose and nods a greeting before turning back to the bar. Twiddling his thumbs, his sensors indicate combustion of some sort within the kitchen. A small amount of smoke appears to be coming through the kitchen door!

"Fucking hell!" He covers his head, a mask of armor covering his face and a kinetic overshield shimmers over his frame. Jim's HUD lights up with possibilities.

EMERGENCY ACTION REQUIRED:
    -POSSIBLE CHEMICAL WARFARE 45%
    -SMOKE GRENADE, EVACUATE AREA 32%
    -POSSIBLE HOUSE FIRE 20%
    -KITCHEN EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG 3%

C-013: DR. WATKINS. WHAT"S HAPPENING. MY SENSORS ARE OVERLOADED,
    WHERE IS THE EMERGENCY HATCH.

Jim gives it a moment, already standing and catching a floof of white fur in the smog, the HUD scanned and recognized the feline immediately with nameplate information:

LUNETTE:
    -POSSIBLE FELINE ALIEN, UNKNOWN ORIGIN.
    -JIM HAS SHOWN HARSHNESS OR WAS AN OVERALL DICK TOWARDS THIS BEING, APPROACH WITH CAUTION

"Oh I don't need sass from you" Jim mumbles under his breath, deeming the situation simple. His mask resheathes itself into his chest and back plate and he fixes his hair with a quick rub of his head. He doesn't cough, the smoke is being rebreathed out via his bionic lungs. He's so nifty. Ah... there's a good thought. Just how great is he? He's in a new world after the destruction of his own and hey he's doing just grand.

A smile into the distance is what Lunette is greeted with until she gathers his attention with his name.

"Oh. Lunette! Nice to see you again, and in better company. Before I say anything let me start off by saying I'm sorry for being a dick earlier." POSSIBILITY OF FORGIVENESS 22% "Also, what the hell just happened?"

Noticing she is eyeing the drone, who tentatively hides behind Jim's head, mostly out of fear for his own safety due to data readings being non-conclusive.

"Oh, this is Cole. Come out, ye chicken. Say hi." The drone, mute as he is, unhinges one of his arm servos and waves rigidly.

Oh, she asked him a very important question.

"Um. What can you get me... Well... Strong. Very strong. Promise I won't get belligerent. Well. TOO belligerent. I'm here for a good time, not to be a dick. You know? Also kinda hungry. What's your special?" Jim seems to be a lot less grump than he showed before. The hope of liquor rising his confidence and mood.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed Apr 26, 2017 1:45 pm

Huh.
    There were a lot of ways people responded to her, mostly demanding a basic beer or asking how to pronounce a certain wine, but apologizing was definitely not something she was expecting. "Ah..." she paused, blinking and letting the words process before she gave the cyborg a soft smile. "It's alright, dear! It was a bit of a rough day, but I'm glad you're feeling better!" He had come in at an awkward time in the Sanctuary, and Lunette couldn't blame him for feeling a little weird while being in there... maybe her affection towards a robotic might've also been weird to him, but whatever the case, it was nothing to worry about.

"The smoke? Er, well... the uh, freezer tends to act up. I think the engine is going out, but it's going to be repaired tomorrow!" As she waved her hand gently towards the cloud, the smoke started to decrease in the area and the scent of burning rubber began to dissipate. The little drone looked so interesting, floating about in such a way she wasn't used to. Hovering metal was still an odd concept but it was quite intriguing to watch. Waving in turn, the fluffy tail twitched and ears were attentive to Cole before Jim gave an answer.

Something strong, but not enough so to get him completely plastered, huh?
    Lunette's face scrunched up in thought, her fingers gently scratching at her own chin. "Well, you can have 3-for-1 shots, if you like--that's three shots of whatever kind of alcohol, you can mix and match, too! For that... I'd probably go for Bacardi 151, which is 75% alcohol..." Strong, but 1 shot was enough to get most people at least heavily tipsy. As for mixed drinks themselves? "There's a lighter, but still powerful Orange Crush--or Cantaloupe if you prefer--that could get you feeling good in not time!"

As for food specials? "The dinner special tonight is 9 ounce buffalo sirloin! That's a lean and clean meat, much better than beef, I feel~" She paused, giving Jim a small grin before continuing, "that comes with your choice of potato, seasonal vegetables either sauteed or steamed, and a small side salad, if you like." For all of that, the special would come up to 15 credits or so. Not too bad, hopefully.
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:33 pm

Lunette's taken aback reaction to his apology didn't really register in Jim's mind. Something about social norms pops up on his screen in the right top corner of his HUD, but he ignores it. He nods, "H-Yeah, it was a bit of a rough day in general, my normal suave and smooth was shot for a couple of weeks. But now I'm back to my debonair self~" Jim punctuates this with a sideways smile and a wink. What? The lady is offering booze.

As she explains the situation with the freezer, he looks over to the kitchen, his eyes shining as he does a thorough scan of the room. His eyebrows raise and he turns his head to the barlady.

"Well, I have a proposition. If you call off your repairman, I could fix it for you." He leans forward, placing his fist on his chin and cocking his head. Yes handiwork! He hasn't had the chance to show his stuff yet in this universe and an archaic freezer would definitely be a cinch.

"We could trade shots and sustenance for a bang up repair, hell I can make it better with the things I have on me right now." a tall brag, but he sounds convinced.

STATEMENT:
    -OKAY, YOU, DON'T GET US IN TROUBLE

Cole blinks, then his eyebrow like sensor drops in a 'this guy' fashion.

Jim's tail sways in an S pattern, clearly excited, he stands up and rolls up his sleeves. Small compartments open up and handles appear out of his forearms. Unknown tools in abundance reveal themselves. A veritable swiss army... arm. Always up for a chance to show off his frame.

Last edited by Jim on Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:01 pm

... This couldn't be the same guy from the other day, could it?
    Lunette could only place her hands on her hips, giving a somewhat blank stare at the cyborg. Her head tilted ever so slightly to the right, a brow angling to a look of curiosity. "... Well, aren't you a charmer~" she cooed in response, still a curious twinkle in her eye. Maybe the alcohol content in the air was hitting him already, or Jim had a weakness for cute ladies. And, honestly, what's cuter than a voluptuous feline lady, hm~? But what really stunned her and left her face obvious with confusion was the next thing that was said.

Fix the freezer? For free?
    No, really, who was this guy.

"Oh, dear, that's awfully kind of you..." she waved her hand gently, but noticed his excitement. Something she hadn't seen before, and it was downright adorable. Not really one to kill a good mood, and hearing his suggestion of trading food and drink for a bit of work... Lunette shrugged and smiled a little, "alright then. I'll give you a 'tab' in exchange--you'll be able to come in and order whatever you like, and not worry about payment." For a while, at least. And of course, the first few uses were free and wouldn't be added. That'd be rude, after all.

"If you like, I can show you into the kitchen. It's honestly an old fashioned kind of freezer, but it was updated with new parts--or so I was told..." The feline looked between Jim's lean, yet muscular looking arms that revealed some tools, and the hovering bot's quirked brow before sliding out from behind the bar and heading towards the kitchen door, eyes somewhat fixated on the bionics of the cyborg's arms. "... I guess you don't need some extra tools then, huh~?" She could only give a sheepish smile and an awkward laugh, scratching the back of her head.
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:29 pm

Oh it is, sister, it is.

He really can't deny it, she's cute as all get out. Thinking about it, he's had relations with faaaar worse looking otherworlders on his own colony alone. But hey, the night is not for relations, Jim. NO RELATIONS. Trust him, he's been thinking about it, but hey, that big robot guy from before looked pretty tough, so he'll harmlessly flirt all he wants what is he kidding himself for. He got beat up a lot for that reason. The smile on his face spreads dangerously as the feline coos at him. "Charmer? I'll take that. Not with grace, of course. With big-headed, puffed-chested narcissism." he smiles away. Weakness for cute ladies? Nail on the head with that one.

"Oh I'm kind, selfless, altruistic. You know, that good guy motif. Especially for booze and food. Impressing the room does have its perks. And seeing a beautiful lady smile makes my week seem like nothing worldview changing happened at all." He shrugs his shoulders and dusts the military jacket along the front.

SEXUAL HARASSMENT WARNING:
    -PENDING SPACE IN MAIN HARDDRIVE FOR JUDICIARY CORRECTION PRINT OUT

After Lunette agrees, he claps his hands and rubs them together. "Oh boy!" he says, in a cartoony high voice. He'll do his best not to take advantage of the hospitality. But of course this is sober Jim. Sober Jim has all the responsible and absolutely non of the bad decision making. He turns to Cole and motions with his head toward the kitchen. The drone does his best to impersonate a sigh and tags along with him and Lunette toward the kitchen. With a soft SHHK the tools lower and re-enter his arm compartments. Jim takes off his jacket, leaving a dark grey tank top his only separation between his bare chest and the open air. Down his back, shining plates go down his spinal cord, along with a Cole-sized circle in the middle of his shoulderblades.

"Well, where I came from, there was a lack in tool or weapon transportation. I designed systems to have on the fly equipment. Started with my own body of course." He follows behind Lunette, placing his jacket on the last stool of the bar before heading toward the kitchen. Alright, lady with the booze, curves, and food, what do you got for him?
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:17 am

Haha... if only he knew the truth about that "big robot guy".

"And seeing a beautiful lady smile makes my week seem like nothing worldview changing happened at all."

Lunette couldn't help but grin at that, though curious as to what a "worldview change" was. Maybe she had done something without realizing it--she was very good at that, after all--but she wouldn't pry and let the man do his work. Let's see just how good he was fixing things! While the technology Jim had across his body was truly fascinating and made her eyes wide and look on with a curiosity only cats could show, she lead him into the kitchen, where there were two others currently. To the left, there was a line of counters--sink, specialized grill and stove, a lot of hanging herbs and spices. To the right, a small island and more counters, but the larger appliances sat against the wall. A silver industrial sized fridge sat next to a heavy-duty dishwasher, but the culprit of the smoke sat near an open door far to the right of the kitchen door.

There sat a large and classic freezer, opened and clear of any foods as Collins gave the freezer a kick, oil and dirt all over his nice button shirt. "Aww, Collins, you should go wash up! Jim here," her hand motioned from he gargoyle to the cyborg, "agreed to fix it~! Isn't that just wonderful?" Lunette purred happily, hands clasping together, but Collins merely gave the cyborg a quick look up and down and shrugged. "Fine... I'll go get cleaned up." Boon stood on the other side of the room, taking small glances over his shoulder but ultimately saying nothing. Not like he knew how to fix that kind of stuff!

"Here it is... it's vintage, I heard, and it was working quite well for the past couple of weeks. I think it's the motor, though..." she gave the freezer an affectionate pat, as one would give a loyal pet, before she looked up at Jim. "Do you think it'll be an easy fix?" Lunette knew very little about mechanical and technological things, but seeing how much Jim was prepared, she'd most likely sit back and watch out of her own curiosity. Hopefully Cole and Jim didn't mind a lingering cat watching their every moves!
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:04 pm

As they enter the kitchen, Jim scrunches his nose, sniffing at the food without pride. His stomach gurgles loudly and he pats it with a gentle hand, as if to say -soon tummy, soooon-. The kitchen is aged, nothing as advanced as what he is used to, but the scanner is working just fine, each piece of machinery and appliance registers in his database. Deconstruction of the blueprints load as he eyes the big purple guy with horns and the winged one kicking at the freezer. Hey, he really can't blame him, sometimes violence solves the issue. He nods in appreciation.

Jim flexes his fingers, servo motors whining ever so softly as he takes into account his current inventory. Looking over to the freezer, he barely notices the gargoyle as he sizes him up. His glowing blue eyes scan the vintage preservation chamber. As Lunette makes her suggestion and questions the difficulty, he chuckles, "Nothing is ever easy. Especially repairs on outdated technology,"He reaches behind his shirt, lifting the tank top so that his bionic ribcage is visible. A compartment opens, and he brings out a very simple looking disk with a glowing blue center.

The cyborg seems to be in the zone. His glowing eyes now giving that part of the room a cyan bloom. With one hand, he leans the freezer up, servos whining. With the other he drops the disk to the ground and then kicks it under. For a moment nothing happens, but then Jim snaps his robotic fingers with a sharp TINK. The freezer lifts two feet off the ground, levitating as if it was on an invisible lazy Susan. Leaning forward and onto the freezer he checks to see if it's power cord is not connected and then spins the appliance, which is in a perfect stasis, around to the back. The grate was definitely covered in lubricant, probably from the gargoyle trying his best.

His eyes produce a scanning lazer as he lifts the freezer up to eye level, being sure not to hit anything hanging from the ceiling. With a nod he turns to Lunette.

"Well, you were close. You have a incompatible compressor unit, the pressure caused the main gasket to break. Cole." The drone turns away from his staring at Boon, jumping in surprise. Quickly he comes to Jim's side, nodding in understanding. The drone produces two small metal rods. And between them, a piece of metal floats. Cole's fabricating servos go to work. Like a floating blacksmith, after downloading the blueprint from the cyborg's database, begins crafting a new gasket.

Jim, his arms opening up and multiple tool servos appearing, takes off the back grate, and in record time removes the compressor unit. All liquid stays in its current locations, not a drop on the floor. The compressor was going to be easy, a small lazer arm cuts the circuitboard down and another lays the wires correctly across the tan plastic card before Jim replaces the unit. The arms working in tandem with his own fingers as they remove the baseplate and the HEAVILY DISINTEGRATED gasket.

"Woof." Jim turns and winks at Lunette, there's the problem. A secondary arm grabs the gasket and in a flash of light, it is absorbed. Scrap metal for later.

About that time, Cole comes forth, a perfect gasket floating before him. Jim pushes it into place, and the servo arms replace the fasteners and the back grate. The cyborg lowers the freezer to the ground, kicking the anti-grav disk back. Holding the entire weight between his hands, he sets it down easily, picking up the disk in the same motion and replacing it on his rib compartment. He claps his hands together twice and points a finger gun at the freezer.

STATEMENT:
    -YOU ARE A SHOW OFF.

"And a damn good one too." He says as he plugs in the freezer. It whirs at first, the compressor adjusting to the cyborg's custom rigging, and suddenly... silence. Good as new~

Jim turns around, arms crossed and a shit-eating grin upon his face.

"So about the food and booze. I'll be delighted with the special, medium-rare on the rarer side. And two rounds of 3 for 1 shots. Your choice. Gotta gauge the new booze of the universe."
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:12 pm

Outdated or not, vintage appliances always had that little flair the feline appreciated over the large, more cumbersome and newer models. Something about the look of older things just added a nice touch to the decor, and if they kept functioning as they should, well! That was just dandy. Unfortunately, the freezer had been there even when the tavern was in the city, and it wasn't doing well there, either.

Lunette tilted her head, hands clasped together and placed in front of her as her eyes wandered every which way Jim went. The compartment on his ribcage made her tail fluff a bit, out of surprise and intrigue. It was... definitely not something she'd seen before. Cyborgs were very rare, robots too, and both were both baffling and mysterious to Lunette... But a lot more interesting than magic, she'll tell you that for free.

As if her eyes weren't big enough, they grew even larger as the disk made the freezer levitate, watching with concentration as if the appliance were a caged bird. Boon, however, stayed back and watched from a distance, not quite as impressed as Lunette obviously was. The daemon lightly huffed, probably thinking, 'I can do that without fancy tech', but this was kept to himself, not wanting to interrupt Jim's 'groove', not taking notice of the little drone that looked at him. Sorry, Cole, but Jimbo here was taking all the attention!

"You have a incompatible compressor unit, the pressure caused the main gasket to break."

Lunette's face didn't change as he explained, her mind trying to comprehend what that really meant. It didn't sound good, whatever it was, but the cyborg was quick to continue with his work. The two began quick work on the freezer, the cat woman just watching carefully, many thoughts going through her head, many questions wanting to be asked. Sure, magic could do this sort of stuff, too, but... it definitely wasn't as involved. Boon, still not that impressed, just watched with a half-lidded expression. He knew what the guy was doing--trying to impress a cute lady. Hey, he understood that concept. Except Boon did it with his muscles and cute personality instead of a few lasers and wiring. Whatever the case, a gasket was removed and Lunette's nose scrunched up at it.

"Ew..." Her smile returned after noticing the wink, but it was still a little disappointing to see something in such a state. Collins tried so hard, too. "...?" The gasket was gone without her even noticing, and Cole had another one ready to replace it. Wow... they did work fast! Why couldn't every repairman do their job as neatly and quickly as this guy? And just like that, he put it down and it adjusted, working just as it did when it was first made.

Lunette applauded the two for their work (and show), pleased as punch, noticeable by her tail swaying in a happy manner and a gentle purr escaping her throat. The cyborg turned, smug and proud like a rooster strutting its stuff, requesting the special and drinks. "Of course~! Thank you so much, dear. That was quite fun to watch!" Boon gave another soft huff, half-smirk along his face. She turned to the daemon and gave him a nod, "would you be so kind as to start that up?" He blinked before giving a stern nod, scratching the back of his neck under his pony-tail contained mane, "er--right, boss~ I'll get to it!" Grinning, the daemon went to work, while Lunette turned around to address Jim and Cole.

"Thank you again, dear. The repairman I had scheduled would've probably taking so much longer and request a lot of money." Not everyone enjoyed being paid in food and drink. The feline started to walk towards the door, her tail swaying and hinting for the two to follow. "I'll make those shots for you, and your dinner will be ready very soon! You should relax~"
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Mon May 08, 2017 12:16 pm

The cyborg pulls a bandana-style kerchief from his pocket, wiping his hands of any leftover grease. A habit picked up from his father, who was quite old fashioned. A far cry from the hi-tech body he is now. Jim smiles at Boon, knowing full well that the daemon knew what was going down. Hey, can't blame him for being nice to a lady, plus he might as well be broke. But that's beside the point, as in right next to it, it might as well be the point.

"I'm glad you enjoyed the show, hasn't been a minute since I got a chance to flex the hi-carbon muscles on this bad boy." he pats his shoulders, walking out into the bar area once again, he grabs his jacket. Cole floats along side him with a permanent deadpan expression across the drone's simple face. Jim's tail mimics the felines, the plates prickling upwards in a 'fluff' as it waves behind him. Such proud peacock. Insert bad ass Russian accent here.

STATEMENT, REPRISAL:
    -YOU'RE A DAMN SHOWOFF
    IAN: YEAH, SERIOUSLY. Calm it DOWN with tHIS. You fucking ORGANICS and your HORMONES.

Jim stops at the bar, as if he just saw a ghost. He brings up the prompt, the second set of letters no longer there. He shakes his head. He's seeing things. Damn his biological self. One day, he'll be another percent up on the bionics.

"H-hehe! I'm glad I could help, really." His face has gone a bit pale, where were those shots? Cole looks over the cyborg with an eye of scrutiny, what just happened? The man was happy go lucky just five seconds ago, now he looks like hell again.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Tue May 09, 2017 9:58 am

Of course Boon wouldn't hold it against Jim for trying to impress a lady. All the times a bit of flexing got the daemon a couple of kisses and swoons were too many to count!

"I did enjoy that show~" Lunette chirped, noticing his tail in sync with hers, "I do love when things are finely sculpted." Muscles, bodies, faces... she could appreciate them all! Those sapphire eyes locked onto the motion of Jim's tail-appendage, intrigued by the way it moved and prickled. Something about it made her want to pounce, but this was held back for obvious reasons. Besides, it'd be rude to pounce on a guest, and one that was so handy, too! "Let's see..." Lunette purred and glanced around thoughtfully. Bacardi 151, wasn't it? It was strong, but just how much compared to what the tanned gentleman might be used to...? Space travel or advanced technology were definitely not her area of expertise.

Well, shots were shots for a reason, right? Three small shot glasses were placed in front of him, a small smirk on the feline's face at the visual pun, and filled them to the brim with a clear liquid. The scent of alcohol would burn the nostrils of those who weren't that familiar with drinking in general, but probably do very little to irk the cyborg. Ears perked forward and pupils narrowed as her attention was drawn to him, who had paused suddenly. Maybe it was a glitch? He looked almost... shocked. The feline knew better than to ask something like that, however, and instead, softly mewed, "are you alright, dear?"

Jim seemed to laugh it off, but a hint of concern grew on her muzzle. "Hm~ You're a very fast and efficient guy! Both of you~" Lunette turned to Cole and gave him a cute grin. "Let me know if these are too much for you!" a sly wink and the feline gently pushed the three drinks closer to Jim, inviting him to forget whatever happened and enjoy himself.
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Wed May 10, 2017 1:23 pm

The cyborg's thoughts go between calm and distressed as he lets his own systems do a check on his nervous system. CAT scan coming back negative for any signs of abnormal brain functions, the stress is there, but that's to be expected. Primary visual cortex is fine in his biological side, and his cybernetic side is running optimally, if locked on certain functions. Which, as it turns out, is one of the side effects of being here in this fucking world. He opens, closes, opens, closes, and opens the prompt from main system. The letters aren't there. Alcohol. He smells alcohol. He hears words. What's going on again?

"Oh, uh, yeah! I'm doing absolutely stellar." He seems convinced. He looks down at the bullet shots and coughs out a chuckle. Picking one up and admiring the glasswork. His eyes scan the liquid, and with a blink, he turns off his metabolism boost. Adrenal glands activating within his body. His shoulders do a little shudder and his tail quivers as he feels his organs working around the bionics. Jim focuses on the hot lady-er- hot cat lady er- Hot hottie hot feline. EH EHM. Lunette.

"Well I guess one needs to be efficient in space, also in a military university. A lot of tight assed big wigs telling you you aren't going fast enough and eventually you get too good at your job. Then they do the worst thing you could imagine. Promote you." It was more of a joke for himself, he knows, but runs with it with an actual sigh of exasperation. He looks down at the shot one last time before downing it.

Still haven't found a way to modify his tongue to lessen taste.

However! He takes it in strides. First one goes down, his eye waters on the skin side, but he blinks it away. Taking up the second shot in his digits, he hesitates before swishing it into his mouth, a little bit of the liquid landing on the corner of his nose in his haste. Keeping up with the rhythm, he grabs the third with his other hand and follows the second shot with the third, gulping them both down.

"Gaaaaaah." Holding both the shot glasses, he blinks twice and lightly puts them back on their equally comical stands. After blowing the liquor vapors out his nose, he looks up to Lunette with a cavalier yet playful deadpan look.

"I've had worse." He grins with a bit of steam coming from his nostril.

Cole busies himself about the place, floating over to the music box, scanning it thoroughly and making sure not to touch it. The drone convinced that everything so old will break into pieces if touched.

REPRIMANDATION:
    -PREVIOUS DISCUSSIONS WERE HAD ABOUT HOW BAD OF AN IDEA THIS WAS.
    DANIEL: OH COME OFF IT JERKASS, let the man get crunk! CHUG CHUG CHUG.

Jim's eye twitches, uncontrollably, as the letters fade from his vision as if they weren't there. Fucking what.

Last edited by Jim on Thu May 11, 2017 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Thu May 11, 2017 7:34 am

The feline purred as Jim seemed pleased with the visual pun of the shot glasses. Puns were a very common thing nowadays for her, it seemed. While not familiar with military training, Lunette had heard a bit about it, and it did not sound fun. The description of a promotion didn't make it sound all that special or good even, and thinking about it, it probably wasn't at all. "Sounds more like giving you something harder to do just to keep you busy..." she said, tilting her head to the side as her bangs flipped a bit and she rested her hands on her hips. But oh, he was about to take a sip! Lunette watched with a small smile, hoping the cyborg would find the alcohol to his liking.

The first went down... and then the second... the third quickly followed the second. The three shots were finished and it looked like maybe the drink of her choice might've been a... tad too strong? But Jim took it in stride and in the manliest way possible, leaving Lunette pleased that he hadn't vomited yet. "So have I, dear. But I'm sure that perked you up nicely~" The feline took notice of the... eye twitching, not sure to ask if he was alright. She already did, and he seemed stern that he was fine... and yet.

"Here ya go, Jimbo!" Boon interrupted the cat's thought process, sliding a plate of juicy steak along the bar, the plate stopping right in front of Jim. The daemon gave a quick, casual salute to the two before retreating back into the kitchen. Lunette rested her head on her hands, elbows on the bar as she leaned over a bit, nose wiggling at the scent of the steak, "if you want anything else, let me know, dear... how about something to drink other than shots?"
    Jim
    Jim
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Jim on Thu May 11, 2017 1:01 pm

The cyborg does his own version of a double take, shutting down his visual systems and restarting them. His eyes dim, the glowing irises becoming dark before flickering back on. Okay, that is going to get old really fast. Some psychological problem with seeing his companion's messages is one thing, but when they are actually talking to him... He can't go batshit in a bar. Not in public. Not that he really cares what others think of him, he just doesn't want to be sent to this world's equivalent of a mental ward. He goes through files, bringing up the prompt and backtracing the program log. Nothing but system messages. Jim shakes his head and moves on.

"Yeah, promotion led to me leading an entire colony, nothing but responsibilities. Busy was right." Now... all that work for nothing. His colony and his companions, all of them gone. Though sad, he can't help but feel a little relief. Nothing left means no more expectations. The thought makes him grin slightly.

SYSTEM CHECK
    -THIRD CAT SCAN NEGATIVE.
    IAN: WHAT the Hell DAD. YOU Goin Bonkers OR SOmething?

Lunette's question, is met with a single finger up, motioning for one second. The food is in front of him suddenly, and the Cyborg barely moves, only his tail flicks at the end, agitated.

The prompt stays, his eyes focusing on the letters. To Lunette, it seems his staring directly at her chest. Which he wouldn't mind if he was actually looking past the message on the HUD, but color him indecent and unobservant. The prompt follows his commands. The system backtracing the last message to a hard file on his drive. The file opens, password protected, but it was one of his own, so no problem. What he sees is beyond what he expected. He clears his throat. His eyes darting back and forth as he rummages in his own mind. There are four files. Each color coded. Names on each: Axer-034, Ferret-x34, Mage-434, Tank-R34. He opens the Axer model's folder.

IAN: HEY NOW, THAT'S A BIT INVASIVE. INVASIVE RIGHT? THAT'S THE WORD RIGHT?

"Found you, assholes!" He stands up, his tail whipping back and forth, excited, a cat ready to pounce and play.

He puts two and two together, watching as files create themselves. Their main files are feeding off the GS RAM. They are rebuilding themselves. Too bad it's

"In my HEAD. WHY?! I know you're fucking with me, kiddos. JUST leave your prompts up. I'd expect this shit from you two anyways. Is Lucy and Jake able to speak as well or are they leaving the psycho-shit to the wonder-twins?" He realizes he is in a public place once again and closes the prompts as they open in his side vision. Cole seems perturbed, floating over and cocking his entire body in examination of the cyborg.

LUCY: Um, yes! I'm here! I think.
    JAKE: Yes.

He takes a small intake of breath, closing the prompt. Just now looking around the room, the few patrons staring at the yelling idiot that is having a debate with a wall behind the bar.

Jim sits down. His eyes wide and his body relaxing. He knows what it is now. Good. He's not going mad. After that thought, he leans into the steak, his mouth waters.

"Ghosts in my head. Apologies. This is new. Also this smells amazing, props to the cook! And if it's no trouble at all, you know what a Fuzzy Navel is?" He looks like he came out of that kitchen again after fixing the freezer. He grabs his fork and knife and cuts off a slice of the bison. Making an OK symbol between chews, a look of delight on his face. He continues his munching.

Cole looks between the feline and Jim, settling on Lunette. A servo comes out and he shrugs, completely bewildered.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:25 am