Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Re: An Actual Date

Post by Scaramouche on Fri May 19, 2017 5:45 am

"I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they’re recording this, actually….”

"I hope not..."

...!

They knew.

Scaramouch instantly ducked behind a wall and flashed a meek, embarrassed grin Lunette's way. "Y-Yeah, red is a lil' f-forward, y'know~?" ...How? How did they know!? No matter! Despite being caught red-handed, the android killed his recording (for now) and was content to lazily skate up and down the kitchen tiling. No dishes equaled more faffing! His favorite pastime, like Lunette attested. "You know me, babe~!" he winked, giving the bucket a playful shake. Metal fingers happily - drum-da-drum-da-drummed - against it. "When it comes to romance and gettin' people in the mood, there ain't no one - no one~! - better than this jazzy 'bot~!" Could that be taken the wrong way? Absolutely. Did Scaramouch care? Not a wink. He was far more concerned with snapping really cute, candid pictures of the girls out front~! N-Not in a creepy way, of course. Those mementos won't fill themselves!

"Pink and white wasn't my first choice, but it was kinda hard findin' gold and baby blue, so..." And on such short notice, too. It was a miracle he even found enough petals for this bucket right here!

While Lunette stepped away to make the finishing (and delicious) touches on the girls' appetizer, there was nothing really pressing for Scaramouch to do. The dishes had been washed, the sink cleaned, and, um... actually, the floor needed a good sweeping after being littered with rose petals, but later! Right now he just wanted to sit his metal derriere on the sink counter and merrily swing his long, looong legs. "Hm----♩~!" Oh, and maaaaaybe study how Lunette professionally went about throwing spices and greens over the appetizer. It was like, well, magic before his ignorant optics!

"Yeah, Boon, that looks really bang-bang-bangin'~!" he laughed that annoying laugh. "Between you hittin' all sixes on the grill and Lulu gettin' the shrimp dolled up, Bailey and Korra are just sure to sing their praises to the high heavens. And if they don't from the get-go, that's what the giggle water is for~." Assuming they ordered any alcoholic drinks, that is. As for tossing rose petals where they shouldn't be? Scaramouch clicked his heels together and snapped a crisp two-fingered salute. "I won't, cross my circuits and hope to fry! You can count on me, Lulu~! I'mma shower them in petals after they've finished eatin' and are starin' all dreamily into each other's eyes." He had this down to a science. A science! Sigh... it was just so nice seeing pure, innocent young love. Even if Bailey's and Korra's romance amounted to nothing (but hopefully at least friendship), it was still a treasure being a part of setting it all up. Playing matchmaker indeed~!

He hopped off the counter and rolled around the kitchen for a broom with an optimistic whistle, every so often snapping a few - krr...! krr...! krr...! - sneaky photos with his optics. Pay the flamboyant robot behind the curtain no mind, ladies~!
    Bailey and Creamer
    Bailey and Creamer
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Tue May 23, 2017 1:32 pm

Contrary to the typical reaction she would get when someone seemed amused by her stuttery antics, Bailey couldn’t help but feel a little bubble of pleasure come up when she noticed Korra’s growing smile.  It just, it looked good on her. Smiling looked pretty good on her. Well, smiling looked good on most people. Except Creamer, his…his smile-equivalent did not look good. But those aren’t thoughts to be thinking on a date!

”Lobster crab? What’s that?” When she was questioned out the lobster (oh no Korra was FROWNING but she still looked LOVELY how did that happen?!), Bailey tucked some hair behind her ear in a nervous twitch. ”Well, I just…they taste, so so good, but they’re really hard to cook! I mean, unless you just, throw them in a pot. They have seven brains, you know! And they’re functionally immortal!” Her cheeks returned to their normal flush a bit as Bailey was able to geek out about lobsters. She really did think they were a cool animal. ”They’re so cool that I don’t want them dead, but they’re also soooo tasty. It’s…it’s a conundrum, of mine, I guess?”  At the end of that she kinda trailed off awkwardly. Oh good going Bailey, you went and word-vomited about lobsters, of all things.

At the mention of cue cards, Bailey couldn’t help but giggle a bit behind her hand. ”I um…I really wouldn’t be surprised if they did that, actually! I guess they’ll need to post themselves at points in the room, where only one of us can see them? Or they might even hand out a paper with conversation topics?”  She couldn’t help but giggle again at the mental image that brought forth. Lunette and Scaramouch frantically waving around poster-boards with date-worthy topics and questions.  She tried to keep her giggles down as her cheeks flushed with the effort before she was finally able to rein herself in. ”Sorry, sorry I just, I pictured that. It was really cute!”

Oh…oh Korra was blushing. Bailey couldn’t help but stare a bit for a moment, just watching the other woman’s skin darken. She was so…so pretty. Bailey was on a date with a super-pretty, super-nice, super-kind woman. It was…it was great!  Her eyes squeezed shut for a moment as she smiled, chuckling a bit when Korra poked at the awkward observation. ”I can assure you that, as a very awkward person myself, I’m really good at spotting it in others! It’s a skill.”  And then she…she…she winked. She actually flawlessly pulled off a playful wink! She was going to eat a whole cupcake in celebration of that wink alone, later.

When she felt a hand clasp over her own, Bailey looked up in surprise, at the hand, and then to Korra’s face. At the reassurance that yes, Korra wanted to be here, Bailey felt a little moisture gather in her eyes. Yeah, she had figured that Korra wanted to come. The other woman seemed like the kind to not agree to something they didn’t want to in terms of dates, which Bailey was very glad for.

Still, it was nice to hear it.

She chuckled a bit and brought up her other hand to wipe at her eyes a bit ”Well, I like having a good hand on my shoulders. It’s gotten me through a lot.”  She smiled and, with a quick thought of “I’m going to do it”, spread her fingers a bit to interlace the two of their hands for a quick, reassuring squeeze.  ”Yeah, I…I think this date will be perfect, too.”  She smiled and her whole face lit up with it, blushing happily but not darkly. She was excited, and she was hopeful. She felt sure that this night would go great.

"Here you are girls~ I hope you're enjoying your evening so far!"

She had also forgotten that they were, in fact, at dinner and not just talking to one another at a very nicely-decorated table. When the appetizer was slid out, Bailey took a moment to just admire it. It looked so lovely, it looked amazing and it smelled delicious! ”This looks amazing, and I love spice, sweet, and savory! Those are my favorite flavor groups!” She really meant that. Though honestly, her definition of “favorite” might change depending on people showing kindness to her. She’s easily pleased, is all.

”Oh, yes, the menu! Oh, shoot where was it…”  Bailey took up her menu again and looked it over, squinting for the thing that had caught her eye before.  ”Could I get the Sirloin, Lunette? Oh, um, Medium-Rare, please!”  She cast her eyes to Korra, still having a little smile on her face.

…LOOK, it was hard to not look at Korra, okay? She was gorgeous, Bailey could admit to that.
    Korra
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 37

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    420/420  (420/420)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Korra on Wed May 24, 2017 4:04 pm

"Well...I guess it'd be a lobster mixed with a...crab?" Korra shrugged, giving Bailey an awkward smile. Truly the best explanation! "The animals of my world are kinda...different from other worlds. Like otter penguins and snow leopard caribou! Even Naga, she's a polar bear dog instead of...well, just a dog! I bet it tasted about the same as lobster or crab." Wait, lobsters had seven brains? And were basically immortal?! Her smile pulled to the side, an eyebrow rising. "I never knew that! You must be really smart." Guess when Bailey put it like that, it made more sense why she was so uncomfortable about them. So interesting and cool, it seemed a shame to cook them up and eat them. "I feel like that about food that's made up all pretty and stuff. It looks so lovely, you don't wanna eat it! But in the end, it's food and it's meant for eating. Not eating it is...well, a waste. Since you respect lobsters so much, maybe you can imagine the lobster appreciates you think it's cool enough to eat?" Just something to ease her conscience!

Bailey giggling behind her own hand was a rather cute sight, and contagious enough that Korra chuckled under her breath along with her. "What if they accidentally put the cards on the wrong side, thinking we'd sit in the other chair?" A paper with conversation topics made her chuckle a bit more boisterously, biting her lip to muffle it as she jokingly shuffled through the menu to find the 'hidden' list. "N-no topics in here, haha!" A small snort sounded from her, unrestrained as she hid her face behind the menu, laughing along with her date.

As their laughter died down, the young Avatar breathing in deeply as she relaxed and set the paper back down on the table, she stared back at the redhead with a smile that refused to lessen. "Takes one to know one, right? That's what I've heard, anyway!" The wink earned a wry one right back, the smile smoothing into a smirk. "It's a good skill to have. Very useful."

With their hands clasped together and the two of them staring at each other's face, Korra could easily see the tears collecting in Bailey's lovely amber eyes. Her smile became a bit more comforting, and a thumb rubbed lightly at one of her knuckles. Clearly, the reassurance meant a lot to her. It made her wonder what kind of people the other woman had been on dates with. Flakes, or perhaps just people who were barely interested? Granted, the two of them hadn't known each other for very long but... The young Avatar was honestly interested in Bailey. In getting to know her, in having a good time... Just, plain interested! "A good head is very-"

...!

Bright cyan eyes flickered down to their joined hands, the fingers now interlaced with each other. At the squeeze, Korra returned it and her smile quirked. Having Bailey's hand in her's felt...nice. Really nice! Her heart began to pound again, only thumping harder once she looked back at the other woman's face and saw the blush that was spread across it. Somehow, the color only brought out her freckles even more. Shuffling forward in her seat to better maintain the hand contact, Korra chuckled as she used her free hand to tuck a strand of hair behind her ear again. "I-important, that's what I was...gonna say. A good head is important. For...life stuff." Ooh she felt so awkward but even that couldn't bring her down. Agreeing to go on this date had been the best decision she had made in a while!

"Here you are girls~ I hope you're enjoying your evening so far!"

Oh! Korra jolted slightly, having slide so deep into her thoughts and staring back at Bailey that she had forgotten they weren't the only people around. "I am, thank you!" Giving Lunette an apologetic smile, her stare slid to the plate that had been set down before them. Ooh...the shrimp was a lovely golden color, and the sauce looked quite juicy! Korra let out an appraising sniff, feeling her mouth almost begin watering. "Thank you, Lunette! Sweet and savory sounds like a great way to start off our dinner." Something to prepare the palate for whatever may come next! ...Which the cat woman was actually asking about now! "Right, right!" Scrambling for a second to pick up her menu, she was a little embarrassed that she'd spent more time looking for a hidden message inside than actually looking at the menu items. Bailey ordered the sirloin, which sounded pretty good! There were many things to choose from on the dinner menu, but her eyes drifted towards the Tilapia Imperial. Stuffed with all of those things...ooh, it was like a little bit of everything from the ocean! Grinning up at their host, she folded the menu to close it. "I'll take the Tilapia Imperial, please!"
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Fri May 26, 2017 4:22 pm

Lunette purred lightly, happy to serve the two ladies some food. Nothing brought people together better than a nice setting and good food and drink~! Her pen deftly scratched at the notepad in her hand, writing down 'medium-rare sirloin' and 'tilapia imperial' in cute curly font. The feline was just so happy! Bailey looked so tired when she came here, shy and suffering... and now she was smiling and feeling confident about herself--about mingling and being social again. It filled her heart with warmth and love, feeling... so proud. Proud? Proud. Huh! What an odd thing, but it was a good feeling, and for now, she wouldn't question it.

"Alright, medium-rare sirloin and the tilapia! Great choices~" the feline chirped happily, putting the notepad into the pouch of the apron she wore. "Let me get you two refills on your drinks, and I'll put your order in." It wasn't very long the two ladies were left to themselves, Lunette working quickly to make new mixed drinks for them. Krshhhh.... shooka-shooka.... ting~! The drinks were brought back over, placed in front of them and giving a scrunchy nosed smile, tail swaying with a quick motion. "Pardon me for a bit~ You two just keep talking!" Grinning, Lunette let out a small chitter and snuck away back into the kitchen. Time to put in this order! And also...

"Darling, if you want to do anything, you should do it either now or after they eat~" Lunette stretched her hand out, patting Scaramouch's chest lovingly, happily squinting and grinning mischievously.

The food will be brought out after Bailey and Korra post.
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Sat May 27, 2017 4:01 pm

Yeah, seriously. What was a lobster crab...?

Otter penguins, snow leopard caribou, polar bear... dogs... Golly, Korra came from such a weird place. Then again, it was probably no weirder than a planet ruled by a malevolent, all-powerful demon and ravaged by every intergalactic criminal in the known universe. Eh... guess 'weird' was a subjective term - like lobsters having seven brains and apparently being immortal. Who knew?

”I um…I really wouldn’t be surprised if they did that, actually! I guess they’ll need to post themselves at points in the room, where only one of us can see them? Or they might even hand out a paper with conversation topics?”

"What if they accidentally put the cards on the wrong side, thinking we'd sit in the other chair?"

Pfft, the nerve!

Though they couldn't see him (thank god), Scaramouch was just shaking his head, wounded. Wounded! Shot right through the decaying battery with their insensitive assumptions. He clicked his tongue with mild disapproval, "As if I'd muck up a few lousy cue cards." Those giggling dames need to give the android more credit! His irritation was of course all for show; how could he possibly be upset when those two goobers over there were doing Scaramouch's job for him~? Listen to them, being all awkward and cute. Bailey and Korra were just a couple of doe-eyed gals innocently wading through the seductive waters of love. Hey, there's no time like the present, right? Though, there was still the matter of a certain rat-loving piper... For a moment, the robot paused in his sweeping and noted a sense of dread creeping up his plated spine. "Well..." He was going to be honest; it was only a matter of time, not if, before Nessa got the skinny. Hell, she probably already knew. And if she already knew...

You know what? Scaramouch didn't want to think about it. Not now. Not when Bailey and Korra sounded like they were having so much fun in the dining area. It just wouldn't be fair dropping a bombshell like this onto their laps while on their date, y'know? "We'll... get to that bridge when the time comes," he muttered quietly to himself. No bombshells tonight. Bristles hurriedly - sskt, sskt, sskt...! - whisked against tiling as the robot swept up the last remnants of a few messes, Scaramouch once again all smiles. It didn't take much for him, honestly. He was just gonna think happy, lovely, and -

"Darling, if you want to do anything, you should do it either now or after they eat~"

...and fluffy thoughts~! His smile only grew tenfold.

"D'ya mean the rose petals~?" The subtle impishness of his question may or may not be lost upon Lunette, but hey! That was A-OK. He quit fussing with the broom and scooped up the last pile of debris and dirt, rolling towards a nearby garbage can. "I'mma wait until after they eat, if that'd be okay with you, Lulu. That's when they're gonna stare dreamily into each other's eyes and feel at their happiest, bellies full and blood racin' with hormones~!" Down to a science, remember?
    Bailey and Creamer
    Bailey and Creamer
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Tue May 30, 2017 8:22 pm

”A lobster mixed with a crab? So…just…a wide, lobster?”  Bailey’s mouth pulled a bit to the side as she squinted a tad, trying to imagine such a creature. Would the legs add together, to have a lot of legs? Would the legs of one be replaced with the legs of another?  What about the eyes, they had very different eyes? Would it just be a crab with a lobster tail attached? The possibilities felt endless!  ”Otter Penguins sound really cute. Snow Leopard Caribou sound a little…terrifying?  In my world, both leopards and caribou are deadly enough in their own right. One eats you, one kicks you to death. A combination of them…huh.  …but I bet it would be pretty cute! Scary, but cute!”  Part of Bailey that was educated by dumb pick-up lines in movies wanted her to say “kind of like you”, but she quashed that thought. Korra was incredibly powerful, both physically and bender-y, but she wasn’t scary. If she had been, Bailey wouldn’t have come.

At the mention of Naga, Bailey couldn’t help but smile again. The thought that Korra also had an animal that she treasured just made Bailey feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Ailbe was important to her and that made it more meaningful that Korra’s polar bear dog was just as important to Korra. She didn’t dwell too long on the description of a “polar bear dog”, as she was instead hoping to one day meet said animal.

At Korra’s smile and compliment, Bailey couldn’t help but smile even as she felt her blush go all the way to her ears. ”I just, like to read about this stuff! Biology is really cool to me. I don’t know much about it in general, but I know a lot about a few subjects!”  She tucked some more hair behind her ear in a nervous habit before looking back to Korra again, delight clear on her features. As the other woman explained her stance on the lobster eating, Bailey nodded her head as her expression grew more thoughtful, then serious. ”You’re right. It probably doesn’t appreciate dying, but not eating it if it was killed for food is just a waste of such a cool creature! I…yeah. I see where you’re coming from.” The woman smiled back, a tad more shy this time, but thankful all the same.

At Korra’s addition to the cards, Bailey snorted before breaking into full giggles. She covered her mouth, eyes still full of mirth only to break out into more laughs when Korra shook the menu. She hushed herself, looking around as a more embarrassed blush burned at her cheeks and ears. Whoops! She wasn’t expecting to laugh, that’s all. She straightened up after the initial burn of her embarrassment left her, offering Korra a smile in return to her own. She could only grin at the “takes one to know one” comment. Another little giggle followed that as Bailey failed completely at hiding her mirth. Really, it’s like she didn’t even try.

When things took a more intent turn, with Bailey being so moved as to nearly be in tears, the mirth settled back down. The thumb rubbing against her own knuckles was such a simple gesture, but it was still meaningful. It was just enough, just what she needed. She had been on dates before, dates with people who just didn’t care. It wasn’t traumatizing, of course, not that in and of itself.

But when she was here, after having been ripped out of her world so freshly, taken away from everything she knew and then, just to be the rotting cherry on top, introduced to her resident demon, such a simple thing as someone wanting to go on a date with her, wanting to get to know her better, was priceless to Bailey.   It wasn’t that her past dates had been so awful as to make her cry, not at all. This was just…precious. It was precious to her and even Bailey, with all of her self-analysis, couldn’t fully explain why.

At the return squeeze, Bailey smiled with a sliver of what felt like pure joy. She was nervous to be locking fingers with someone, but she still felt good. It felt really nice to be holding hands with Korra, sitting here at a table prepared just for them. She felt slightly nauseous, but more in the “butterflies” way than the “I ate something weird” way. It was a bit between feeling sick and having cramps?  But, for some reason it still felt nice, in an awful way? She wasn’t entirely sure what was going on with her body, but she knew she really liked holding Korra’s hand. The awkward stumbling over her words left Bailey feeling like she did when she was able to hold Ailbe for the first time. Her heart felt like it was swelling as she looked at Korra, so impressive and yet so…so dorky. She wanted to know more about her, talk to her, get to know her as a person. She had only spoken to her a handful of times even during the first meeting. This date and, hopefully, more dates after this would help them figure out who the other was. From what she had seen already, Bailey was very excited to further that.

She watched Korra with a bit of a fond smile as she ordered, then ducked her head a bit to hide that smile as it turned into more of a grin. She couldn’t help it, Korra was just, well.  Korra was cute. That’s about all there was too that realization, but it was nice all the same.  As Lunette scurried away to get them new drinks, Bailey looked at Korra again.

”I think, you have a really good head too, Korra. I can’t imagine how I would even start to understand bending, and you make it look so amazing! And, you were just, really good at dealing with me even when I made a fool of myself, with the tree and all…” Bailey laughed a little awkwardly and brought her hand up to the back of her neck, rubbing at it as she felt it prickle slightly.  She was thankfully interrupted from what she was SURE would be an awkward moment after that comment by Lunette coming back with the drinks. ”Oh, thank you!”  Bailey took hers in the hand previously on her neck and sipped from it, taking refuge from her own awkwardness in the sweet tartness of the drink.
    Korra
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    420/420  (420/420)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Korra on Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:18 pm

"Yeah! Just a really big, fat lobster!" It was pretty juicy, lots of meat to spare! Korra had never cooked a lobster crab for herself, she tended towards cooking fish that were less complicated. But her parents had always been really amazing at cooking lobster crab! Much better than the cooks at the White Lotus Compound. Otter penguins were cute little things, of course! With their soft noses and their little flippers. Snow leopard caribou on the other hand? Bailey had it right to think of how scary they'd be! "Their faces are kinda cute, all fuzzy and soft... But you're right, they are pretty scary. In the Southern Water Tribe, they were used as battle mounts to strike fear in the enemies heart!" Korra chuckled softly, before giving Bailey a joking shrug. "They're pretty neat, but I prefer Naga. Her coat is completely white so it blends in better with the snow! Plus, the antlers kinda look awkward and huge..." Yeah, no, polar bear dog takes the cake over snow leopard caribou. It was no contest!

Biology, was it? Korra's interested gaze turned curious, chewing thoughtfully on her own lip as she listened to her date speak. Her knowledge was apparently centered on a few subjects of biology, but she still knew a lot about those few things! "Most of the stuff I know about biology has to do with healing... Structures for the bones, the muscles, paths of the chi lines in the body." She rattled it off simply enough, even the mention of chi might as well have been a section in every course on biology! "Other than that, I didn't really get to learn much else about biology! Certainly nothing about lobsters having so many hearts..." More than a little bashful, the young Avatar gave her date a soft smile. "Maybe we can exchange biology lessons sometime?"

Respecting the life of the animals she ate was a pretty big part of her culture. Especially since she was close with Tenzin's family, who were strict vegetarians. While staying with them, she ate as they did respectfully. Otherwise, she ate everything she'd hunt. "I'm glad I made sense! As long as we're respectful and don't hunt them too much, it's fine." Meat was definitely one of her favorites of the food groups. Making Bailey laugh gave her a fluttery feeling in her chest, swelling up and feeling...good! The sounds of her giggles in her ears made her feel accomplished, it was such a stark contrast to the panicked young woman she'd first met in the city. This date was...good. It made the both of them feel happy. And geez, it had been so long since she'd been on a date! Squeezing the other's hand with her's, Korra smiled softly.

Lunette wrote down their orders and grabbed up their cups, promising to give them some refills! Korra's bright blue eyes lit up happily, excited to suck down more of this 'Shirley Temple'. "Thank you!" She turned back to Bailey just in time to catch her grin before she ducked her head. Her fingers squeezed again, the Avatar's face feeling warm. She was just...so relieved that they were both enjoying themselves. She only got more sheepish as her date complimented her. "Aaw...well, I've been bending since I was really little! It takes a lot of training to master it but... I dunno! I've always really liked training, fighting, sparring, learning more about bending. It feels amazing. And you didn't make a fool of yourself! You were just a little shy." She chuckled softly, legs crossing over each other underneath the table. The toe of her shoe barely tapped against Bailey's. "I kinda liked getting you down from there though." Korra admitted with a crooked grin.

As Lunette returned with their drinks, she reached with her free hand to pick up her glass and sip on it again. But not, of course, without thanking their chittering host! "Thanks again!" And then she was off again! The cat woman must have been busy with the orders for the other tables. Enjoying the sweetness of her drink, Korra was internally grateful she had decided to order what Bailey was having. But not as glad as she was that she'd said yes to going on this date.
    Bailey and Creamer
    Bailey and Creamer
    Megabyte

Megabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Bailey and Creamer on Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:48 pm

”Huh! That sounds…really tasty!” She smiled at Korra, happily imagining the amount of meat that could be pulled from a creature like that. If they grew like lobsters did, but with the width of a big crab…that sounded amazing to Bailey. She took a brief moment to consider if they would be difficult to kill as well, but that thought was pushed aside once Korra kept speaking.  ”Battle mounts? Wow, that sounds…intense.  A-and, and is Naga’s coat really actually white, like a dog, or does she have hollow hairs so that they catch the sun and look pure white? I always thought that was so cool, about polar bears! I learned it at a museum!”  A bright grin was brought to Bailey’s face as she remembered the museum trip. The establishment had a large stuffed polar bear on display, with facts next to it. She remembered that the face had looked a bit… off, but that the entire structure was still rather impressive!

Bailey couldn’t help her cheeks from warming just the slightest bit as her eyes were drawn to Korra’s mouth. Aw, she was chewing on her lip, that was…that was cute! Bailey didn’t even know why it appealed to her so much, but wow it did! She was learning so many new things about her reactions on this date.  ”Korra, that sounds so interesting! I don’t know anything about chi lines, and only a little bit about some muscles and bones! I’d love to talk about biology with you, I think it could be so fun!” Her smile was actually starting to hurt at this point, but she couldn’t stop it! She was excited. The thought of spending time with Korra, talking about new things and new worlds was so amazing to her. She wanted to start right then!

”I love how, how much we have to talk about. It’s just…I think we can have a lot of, of really nice conversations and I’m just so excited! I’m really excited to talk with you about all sorts of stuff like, like animals and chi-lines and, and the um, the Southern Water Tribe! I just really really am looking forward to this and… oh my gosh we haven’t touched the shrimp yet!”  Bailey looked down at the plate of appetizers with surprise, having honestly gotten too lost at looking into Korra’s eyes to remember it was there. With a little awkward grin, Bailey took up one of the shrimp. She took a bite out of it, closing her eyes and chewing as her lips pulled into a smile as the taste moved throughout her senses. ”Mmmmmm~ Mmmmmgosh~”  She smiled, eyes in pleased squints as she still listened as Korra talked about bending. Oh, oh she was getting pleasure on all sides right then. It was so nice, listening to Korra. It was so nice.

”I-I can see how you like it, I bet it takes a lot of training to maintain your muscles! And, reflexes and just, really cool stuff. Yeah.” Her cheeks warmed in response to her awkward trailing off, before her eyes widened in surprise when she felt a shoe tap against her own. With a blush flushing her face, Bailey managed a little smile as she moved her foot and traced her shoe down the side of Korra’s. ”I-I um…I really liked, how you got me down. It made me feel like a princess, kinda. I know that’s, silly, but it was really nice.”   She looked at Korra with warm eyes, her irises shining like molten gold in her affection.  She took a little sip of her drink, before taking up another shrimp as she looked at Korra.
    Korra
    Korra
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    420/420  (420/420)
    Stamina Bar:
    74/74  (74/74)

Post by Korra on Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:00 am

"It is! There's so much meat and it's so juicy... A little too filling and big to have for a meal every day but definitely great for a special occasion." Festivals, parties, special dinners... Lobster crab was a staple for a big feast! Korra laughed in soft agreement at the snow leopard caribou mounts being considered 'intense' but she easily moved on to the rather curious question regarding Naga's fur! "She has hollow fur! The skin underneath is black as night." It was just like the polar bears Bailey had been talking about, which had the Avatar thinking. How much of Naga was dog and how much was bear? The other woman's excitement on the subject was infectious, Korra's cheeks beginning to become sore from the force of her smile. "Wow. That must have been an intriguing museum! Was it all about animals?" Her lips began to purse, pulling to the side in thought. "Hm...I don't think I've ever been to a museum." Maybe they could fix that, someday.

Bailey lit up even more as Korra rattled off the subjects of biology that she herself had been taught. Chi lines, in particular, had grabbed her attention! At her offer that they exchange knowledge, the answer was ecstatic! The smile she gave her date was bright. "I'd love to teach you how chi spreads throughout the body! And I would enjoy learning the information and tidbits you know." From the sounds of it so far, the redheaded woman knew a lot about animals and their biology! From the hearts of lobsters to the fur of polar bears, it was crystal clear. It made her sure that when her best friend and her date met, they would absolutely love each other!

Laughing softly, Korra nevertheless patiently listened as Bailey almost seemed to babble. The different topics they could talk about made her excited, from chi to the Southern Water Tribe! "I'd like to hear about where you come from too!" She actually had no idea what city or even country Bailey came from, though it probably had something to do with being unfamiliar with the properties of other worlds. "My friend Sokka is from the Southern Water Tribe too! He can't bend but he fights with a sword and boomerang. This place is definitely different from the Water Tribe, but it actually reminds me a lot of Republic City, a city in my world. It was beautiful." Distracted for a moment by smiling at her date, she blinked to attention at the mention of their appetizers. "Oh, right!" It would be rude to have the whole plate of food just sitting here by the time their entrees came out! Situating the chopsticks in her hand, Korra easily plucked a shrimp after Bailey and popped it in her mouth. "Mm...~ Bang bang was right! That's like a great party on my tongue!" A nice sizzle and a pop! She grabbed up another piece and chewed on it in-between her gushing about the elements.

"It does, but sometimes I feel like I'm getting a little rusty. I haven't been in a real fight in a while...but I guess that's not too big a deal. I know the elements, I remember my bending forms...and I'm still pretty strong. Maybe that's enough, you know?" For some time, it felt like she was a spring that had to be wound tightly, ready to snap and defend any enemies that may reveal themselves like the Equalists had. But, ever since talking with Bailey, she had been relaxing a bit more. This world didn't need her to govern it, to protect it all the time. She wouldn't leave it hanging but...there was no use waiting for a fight that wasn't going to come. Korra's face darkened as the blood rushed to it, feeling Bailey's foot touch against her own.

”I-I um…I really liked, how you got me down. It made me feel like a princess, kinda. I know that’s, silly, but it was really nice.”

A dorky little laugh sounded from her, cheeks blushing even more in slight embarrassment. Her own bright blue eyes held eye contact with Bailey's amber ones, her grin lopsided as she moved to tuck a strand of her long brown hair behind an ear as it had dislodged itself again. That felt...nice. And it was nice in a different way from the time she'd spent with Mako. He could get so defensive sometimes, so scared to be vulnerable. If she had carried him down from a tree, his response might have been a bit huffier... Maybe it was because he was a guy? He might have preferred carrying Korra herself, and the thought was pleasant...but Bailey felt right in her arms too. With a pleasant chuckle, she gave the other young woman a bashful smile. "It's not silly at all. In fact...if you like it so much maybe...maybe I could do that again sometime." She took a smooth drink of her Shirley Temple, unable to keep from grinning against the glass.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Sun Jun 18, 2017 10:46 pm

"I need a medium-rare 6 ounce, dear," Lunette returned to the kitchen after taking the dinner orders from Korra and Bailey. While Boon would cook Bailey's dish, Lunete would work with Korra's. First, the feline washed her hands at the sink and wandered to the fridge, lifting a few fresh fish as she tried to identify them and removed the tilapia, along with a small sirloin in a different section of the icebox. A few other ingredients and pieces for the side dishes were gathered and brought near the stove, the large daemon and the small feline simultaneously cooking the proteins. "I think things are going well!" Lunette chirped as she thought aloud, mostly to Scaramouch, who was probably still eavesdropping on them. Hey, she didn't mind, considering she wanted to probably listen to it later.

Boon didn't audibly respond, instead just nodding, focus completely on the steak as it was a smaller piece, and it would've been far too easy to overcook. Smiling, the feline poked at the fish she was cooking, flipping it over and bringing a plate closer. The sirloin was quickly removed and plated, then given to Lunette to add the finishing touches and side dishes, the daemon taking over the tilapia. Mashed sweet potatoes with a few pecans sprinkled on top and freshly picked and seasoned green beans were placed carefully along the dish, complimenting the sirloin's aroma. Soon, the fish was finished as well, and the Anitra accepted that plate, adding regular mashed potatoes lightly seasoned, and crispy and gently salted asparagus stalks.

Looking over the two dishes and wiping her paws, Lunette nodded and smiled, confirming they were perfect! A plate in each hand, she sashayed out of the kitchen with a scrunched-nose smile, cautiously bringing the meals over to the two young ladies. "Pardon me again, dears, but your dinner is ready~!" For Korra, the Tilapia Imperial, with sauce and capers on top, and for Bailey, a 6 oz. sirloin! Once they inspected their dishes, Lunette's chest fluffed lightly as she chittered, "hm~! You two enjoy now!" Turning on her heels, she retreated back to the kitchen, snickering quietly with her hands to her muzzle. "So cute!" Now it was time to sit back and chill for a bit, letting the food work its magic.

Will reply when they finish their plates, and given a bit of time to settle.
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:16 pm

”I think, you have a really good head too, Korra. I can’t imagine how I would even start to understand bending, and you make it look so amazing! And, you were just, really good at dealing with me even when I made a fool of myself, with the tree and all…”

"Aaw...well, I've been bending since I was really little! It takes a lot of training to master it but... I dunno! I've always really liked training, fighting, sparring, learning more about bending. It feels amazing. And you didn't make a fool of yourself! You were just a little shy. I kinda liked getting you down from there though."

”I-I can see how you like it, I bet it takes a lot of training to maintain your muscles! And, reflexes and just, really cool stuff. Yeah. I-I um…I really liked, how you got me down. It made me feel like a princess, kinda. I know that’s, silly, but it was really nice.”

"It's not silly at all. In fact...if you like it so much maybe...maybe I could do that again sometime."

Why no, Scaramouch wasn't mashing his cheek against the kitchen wall to eavesdrop, optics narrowed into happy slivers and his metal derriere wiggling with excitement. "Oh my gawrsh...~! They just sound so cute!" Like a couple of twitterpated youths who couldn't look away from each other, aw~! It was probably a lil' rude of him to snoop (and record) the girls' conversation, but the android couldn't help it - this was their first date! Their first real date! Something so innocent and pure as this didn't come knocking around every day, y'know? The robot's smile only grew wider and toothier the more he listened, his mechanical insides feeling all warm and fuzzy. "Oh, everythin' is just darb," he told the Anitra, sending Lunette a wink. "I honestly don't think this could've gone any better, Lulu!" Well, except with maybe a kiss~!

B-But, that was definitely putting the carriage before the horse! Sensors prickled as meat sizzled on the grill.

When it came to cooking, Scaramouch was as hopelessly as they came. Nevertheless, the android was always delighted to watch his coworkers and boss do their magical thing. "Ooh..." Olfactory sensors went to town as he delicately sniffed the air. "That smells really, really good! ...Almost makes me wish I could eat." Was that... Was that a weird thing for a robot to say? Maybe, but Scaramouch didn't linger on the thought for long. He watched Lunette saunter out of the kitchen, optics blinking, and kept recording Bailey and Korra in the next room over. The Anitra returned not long after.

"So cute!"

Her confirmation was all it took for the android to once again grin and wiggle, cheek and hands plastered to the wall. "I know, aren't they~?" The melody in his synthesized voice was but a tenth of how gleeful Scaramouch felt. "Those rosy dames are gonna melt my processors at this rate, hon~!" Which, other than hot and wild sex, wasn't a particularly bad way to go.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:10 pm