30/30  (30/30)

That's Amore

Post by Scaramouche on Tue May 16, 2017 9:21 pm

Time: 18:30:00
    Date: 5.16.08

"Current stop: forest's edge!"

"Thanks for the ride, Jack."

"Don't mention it, pal! Take it easy out there."

Ruby heels - clik, clik, clik'd! - and soon the roaring sputter of a gritty diesel engine and squeaky brakes drowned out everything around him. There it goes... he thought, optics trained on the departing bus, almost wistfully. There it goes, along with any hopes of him chickening out like the boisterous coward he was. It left him in the small wake of dirt and exhaust, gradually becoming a pinprick on the horizon as it chugged along its merry way down the countryside road. He must have stared for a good five minutes before realizing his procrastination. Ugh, nerves... "Well, Scaramouch, you hopeless clod, you're here now, so... time to face the music, babe." That made him feel a little better. Not a lot, but... a little.

It was a simple enough walk, from the bus stop to the tavern, but it was precisely because it was simple that the robot felt more and more anxious with every graceful step. Oh god... what if she wasn't hungry? What if she was asleep? What if she didn't even wanna be bothered? These were all of course very silly what-ifs; Lunette just loved good food, she slept like a fuzzy log, and it honestly took a lot to get under her silky coat.

He was just being dumb. But hey, don't take his word for it.

Probability Chip: Accessed...|

--->Query?

--->"What are the odds tonight goes up in flame?"

--->Risk: 100%
    --->Reward: To be determined

--->Outcome: 85%

Pfft!

An indignant huff escaped him. "Why do I even bother with you...? Why are you even installed? Why!?" He didn't ask for this (omit the part where he did)! Nobody asked for this! Scaramouch rolled his optics and just... grumbled, "Never freakin' mind... I'm here now, so l-let's see where it takes u-us." Hope is a good breakfast and it would hopefully be a good supper. Fingers and toes crossed.

No amount of leisurely strolling could keep the android dilly-dallying forever (not with long legs like these). Much to his chagrin, Scaramouch found himself standing ten meters away from the tavern's entrance, reluctant - no, downright unwilling - to strut through its doors. "M-Mm..." 85%. What bull! His more disapproving processes were taking the figurative piss out of him, like usual. Tonight was gonna be fine. Nothing was gonna happen. He was just gonna stop for a visit, deliver some home-cooked food to Lunette, and... um... mmmmmaybe stay for a few? Well darn, Scaramouch hadn't really thought that far. The robot was honestly too consumed with fretting about getting here. "Don't overthink, don't overthink, don't overthink...!" Just focus on the tavern doors. See how inviting they looked? Yeah, inviting. There was a nice and warm glow coming from within, followed by the sounds of patronage. Distinct voices, cutlery used against dinnerware, feet walking and lips talking; stuff like that. It was just a normal evening as usual. Keyword: normal.

Cyan diodes flickered, his optics glancing to the building's left. Did he honestly wanna use the front door, though...? It would be a bit awkward, stooping through those doors with the basket in his hand. Like, seriously, who came to a restaurant bringing food? Scaramouch snorted at the thought of Collins opening his ugly mug and saying something undoubtedly smart. Sorry Boon, but the robot was gonna forego the front door - at least, for now. He stepped out from the tavern's warm light and made his way quietly to its side, coming to a gradual stop only when noticing her balcony. The robot craned his long neck to get a better look. Was she awake? Was she asleep? ...Was she even here? Again, what a silly question.

There was only one way to find out.

Gently, Scaramouch laid his basket down on the grass and scooped up a few pebbles near his feet. ...plink! ...plink! "Psst, Lunette!" he whispered, cautiously glancing around. The android threw another tiny stone at her balcony door for good measure. Hey, didn't hurt to be thorough, right? "Can ya even hear me or are ya asleep, ya fuzzy boulder? Open up! I brought ya somethin'~!" Boy, if she wasn't home, then he was gonna look mighty silly to anyone watching.
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 6

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Re: That's Amore

Post by Lunette on Tue May 16, 2017 10:37 pm

Tuesday was always Lunette's favorite day of the week.
    While most looked forward to the weekends, Tuesday was the calmest day at the tavern; little to no one really showed up, only a few patrons here and there, and it continued into the evening and early morning with nary a soul around. In fact, they usually closed a little earlier on Tuesday, due to lack of people. But she enjoyed that--it meant she could catch up on anything that needed to be done, or just relax a little bit more than usual, without worry of not doing her job.

For the past few weeks, the sleep schedule Lunette had established became a bit wonky, her hours of sleep decreasing and increasing at odd intervals. The daemon that was lounging around and the gargoyle that made a mixed drink for a customer had assured her time and time again that the odd hours she kept were fine, and their work was their lively hood. Her lacking presence every so often wasn't discouraged as their employer and friend became more social once more, yet strangely less flirtatious. It was anyone's guess as to why that would be, but the answer might've been far more obvious by the sound of something small and hard hitting the window pane.

...plink! ...plink!

A gunmetal-tipped ear swiveled around, hearing the sharp noise. The feline had fallen back asleep once she had gotten home, the night before lasting through until noon the next day, to today. It was this way a few nights (or days), just every so often. Either way, Lunette's eyes slowly opened, ears bombarded by small noises that echoed in her quiet room. With a bit of difficulty, she managed to unwrap herself from the blankets, rolling over to the opposite side as her tired eyes looked at the light that was shining through the curtains of her large window. What time was it anyway...? A question she often asked herself, it seemed.

It took a few moments for Lunette to push her body up, sitting upwards and hunched over as she rubbed her eyes gently of sleep, and scratched her fluffy head as her hair looked as though it would strangle her. It was a bit of a mess, but she didn't think about it as the feline turned, paws gently touching the plush carpet beneath them, toes stretching as claws extended. A mighty yawn escaped her maw before she managed to actually get up, grabbing a nearby pink robe that matched her current gown, closing it tightly around her as she thrust open the curtain, squinting as the setting sun greeted her sensitive eyes. "Mmm..." was all she could muster at the moment, fingers fidgeting with the lock as her brain tried to wake itself up.

Squeak... squeak...
    The delicate little paw-pads pressed against the solid cement of the balcony, and leaned over to look at who was trying to get her attention.

Oh?
    ... Oh~!

Blinking slowly, mind still trying to catch up with her, Lunette's sleepy face turned into a loving smile, seeing Scaramouch beneath her. "Hello, darling~" she cooed softly, moving a few strands of hair from her face. "What are you doing down there...?" What was he doing down there, anyway? The robot was perfectly capable of coming in through the tavern and knocking on her door... but then again, Scaramouch was always one for more dramatic, or in this case, romantic entrances...
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 15

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Tue May 16, 2017 11:08 pm

Yep~! Tuesday was Lunette's favorite day; that wasn't a coincidence. Scaramouch was just about to throw another stone when his auditory sensors perceived a minute sound. ...creeeeeak! Oh - oh - ohhhh! Her balcony door was opening. Servos instantly came to a halt and the robot froze.

"Hello, darling~! What are you doing down there...?"

The shameless grin plastered on his metal face said it all. "Faffin'~!" he answered cheerily. So... what Scaramouch normally did, essentially. But no, not quite! With a polite tip of his paddy hat and a little bow, the robot explained himself further. "I also, um, brought ya somethin'~!" Wait, hadn't he already...? E-Eh, never mind! He quickly scooped up the basket near his feet and pointed a metal finger at it. "Hope you're hungry," Scaramouch called out with a smile, "because I brought ya dinner!" B-But he didn't make it, no. That would be baaaad. He should... probably explain that detail first, huh? Or... Or maybe he should wait? Cooling fans hopelessly sputtered as his systems failed to stifle Scaramouch's burgeoning anxiety. "S-So, um... d'ya mind if I, uh, c-come up~?" Would that be allowed? Was he intruding on anything?

NOT OVERTHINKING WAS HARD FOR A ROBOT, OKAY!?
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Tue May 16, 2017 11:30 pm

Ah yes, "faffing". That was a popular past-time these days, wasn't it?

Lunette quietly snickered under her breath, grinning a bit as her cheek rested in her palm, leaning over the balcony and watching the robot act... eh, just about as weird as usual! The purring started to kick in as he proclaimed to have brought her something. A gift...? Dinner...? The feline tilted her head a little bit, somewhat... surprised. Scaramouch couldn't cook, could he? He mentioned before he couldn't, so... well. There were too many thoughts coming up in the back of her head as everything woke up, and they were dismissed as the robot asked to come up. "Of course, dear~" The purring stayed at a nice, low tone as she backed up a bit from the edge, leaning against the other railing.

"Thank you for bringing me upstairs earlier today. It must've been difficult pushing me up there..." A hint of red burned through her silken fur, sheepishly smiling at the thought of Scaramouch struggling up the stairs with her... "I'm sorry you had to do." Genuinely, she was. But! Her attention was turned to the basket he held, nose wiggling slightly as she tried to figure out what was underneath it. "S-so... you... brought me dinner...?" That red began to spread more across her face, nose scrunching up with a smile. "Thank you, darling... you didn't have to, but I--I really appreciate it..."

Oh, there it went. Her purring got louder, and the once soft and flat fur began fluffing a bit, mostly at her tail.

"... You didn't cook it, did you?"
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed May 17, 2017 12:53 am

Aw, look at her... being all cute and purring. And that silky nightgown wasn't a bad touch, either~! It was actually kinda sexy. His smile grew wider by the second, but the real cherry on top was hearing Lunette accept his invitation. "Comin' on up~!" She should already know by now that Scaramouch always chose the more dramatic (and romantic) entrances. With a playful click of his ruby heels and a dainty spin, the robot bent at the knees and once again proved just how nimble he really was. Ever seen a robot without wings or a jetpack fly, Lunette? Well, now you have~!

Whoooosh!

Scaramouch launched himself into the air, as light as a feather, and delicately landed upon Lunette's balcony. He struck only the most flamboyant of poses, basket expertly balanced in one hand. No one could show off better than him, babe. "You're welcome, Lulu~!" he answered again, all smiles. "And don't feel bad! It was difficult, yeah - b-but you honestly deserved a softer place to rest your head. It was no trouble, honest! I'm more than happy to go the extra mile for ya." Just like he was now. Satisfied with his debonair antics, the robot hopped off the wooden railing and proceeded to do what he did best: emotion. Lunette didn't have to wait long for a hug, let alone a gentle scratch behind her furry ears, and Scaramouch gladly kept the dame close. "Yeah, I brought ya dinner!" he repeated. There was no veiling the exciting in his synthesized voice. "I, um, d-didn't make it, no... b-but I hope you'll enjoy it regardless! It's special~!" There were a lot of reasons why this meal was special, but one thing at a time. Her stuttering was just adorable, by the way. Made him feel less of a clumsy fool~!

"I didn't have to, no. But I wanted to!" And honestly, he did. Was it... weird, admitting that? Robots didn't have free will, and yet... he wanted to bring her dinner. The thought was filed away for later; tonight was supposed to be about Lunette, not another existential crisis. "This was actually made by a lot of kind folks~!" he clarified, a metal hand gesturing to the basket hanging from the crook his arm. "Think of it as a labor of love, if ya will - we all care 'bout you, Lulu! You deserve to have somethin' made for you, y'know?" Oh god, how saccharine. Cooling fans sharply tore off as he nervously chuckled. "U-Um...! You m-must be kinda cold, standin' out here and practically wearin' nothin' at all." Not that he was complaining, but distractions! She was all covered head to toe in fur, s-so...

He indicated to her room. "After you~! ...Um, unless, y'know, you wanna stay out here. I-I'm not opposed to either~!"
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed May 17, 2017 2:19 am

It just wasn't a complete entrance without a little pirouette to finish it off and a fabulous pose. Lunette softly applauded Scaramouch's acrobatics, always fond of his dramatic movements, and grinned happily. "Bravo~" she chirped, and accepted his warm embrace, tenderly squeezing him within her arms. Aw yiss... his hugs were the best, it felt like. So genuine, so perfect... "I don't want you to hurt yourself trying to lift me, but your efforts are still very appreciated... I could honestly sleep anywhere, though~" On the couch, in a car, on the roof, in a tr--okay maybe not that last one... Lunette's nose continued to wiggle, still trying to figure out the mysterious and tasty smelling dish he--and others--prepared. "Oh? You had help?"

Scaramouch didn't have to do a lot of things he did anyway, causing Lunette to give him another squeeze, her cheek rubbing against his abdomen. Her purring continued a fair bit, until he mentioned the food was made by a lot of people. A lot of people who wanted to share their love for her worked on whatever it was in the basket...? Though the purring faltered for a moment as she hiccuped, the feline looked up to him with a big smile and a flushed face, holding back tears of happiness. "T-that's very sweet of them... to help you." The purring grew once more and her tail swayed, curling around the both of them in a content embrace.

It took Lunette a moment, registering what Scaramouch had suggested, and her eyes shifted from him to the glass door beside her. Though she wasn't even a bit cold or nippy, maybe that was his way of suggesting some privacy. "... S-sure~ Let's go inside!" Giving a small nod, Lunette released the robot from her grasp and lead them inside, her paws sinking into the plush carpet. "Sit wherever you like~" The feline chose to return to bed, hopping into it and sitting comfortably, tail wrapping around herself. "So... What's in the basket? It smells good, but you did a good job hiding specific scents~" Her nose wiggled again, trying to decipher the food lying in wait.
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed May 17, 2017 3:53 am

It was true~! When it came to hugs (and kisses), Scaramouch was positively the best. The same was true for a great many things (particularly romantic things), though the robot had his shortcomings. They weren't very many, but they were... there. Physical strength was sadly one of them. The robot waved a hand dismissively in an attempt to soothe Lunette's worries. "Oh no, I won't hurt myself~!" This was clearly not an absolute truth, but Scaramouch could technically - technically - kill a few external sensors and bypass a bit of pain. Besides! He wanted to carry her to bed. It was cute, it was chivalrous, but, most of all, it was romantic. It also hurt a ton. "Anywhere, huh?" You know, somehow he doubted that. He extremely doubted that, buuuuut it'd be rude poking fun at Lunette when she'd just woken up~! Actually, no.

Metal fingers lightly pinched one of her adorable (and beet-red) fuzzy cheeks. "Hon hon hon~! I bet you wouldn't sleep in a treeeeeee, Lulu~!" When there was an opportunity to take the piss out of someone, even if that someone was Lunette herself, Scaramouch wasted no time.

"Oh? You had help?"

Ah yes, the food! Duh. He nearly forgot.

Aww... she was just so happy, learning how others showed their appreciation and kind hearts. Call him a sap, a naive fool, a robot stepping out of his bounds - call him whatever you want, but no matter how tonight went, Scaramouch knew all his agonizing was worth it the moment Lunette smiled. It just... made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Like, well, a cat! "Mhm~! And you know why that iiiiiis~?" Here it comes. Are you ready, Lunette? Of course you were. Before the Anitra could prepare herself, Lunette suddenly found her face assaulted with feather-light kisses. On her nose, between her eyes, her forehead, her cheeks, and maybe her lips. "Mwah, mwah, mwah~! Because you're a selfless, caring, and humble person, Lulu~!" Didn't think he would sneak that in, didja~? Scaramouch was a master at weaving his charms, never forget. Alas! As much as he could kiss her all day and shower Lunette with nonstop affection, the food wouldn't taste the same cold. That's... how it went, right? Warm food tasted unpleasant when cold, and cold food tasted unpleasant when hot? Something like that... Servos whined as the robot gingerly held onto her tail, following Lunette inside with a petite smile.

"So... What's in the basket? It smells good, but you did a good job hiding specific scents~"

"Food~" Alright, alright... That was the obviously irritating answer. Scaramouch flashed her a cheeky grin and shrugged; his unspoken way of apologizing. "It's good, promise! ...I hope it's good, at least." Considering who helped make it, the android didn't see any reason why it wouldn't be! He strutted over and gestured beside her, "May I~?", before sitting on the bed, careful not to disturb Lunette too much. "It's not extravagant," Scaramouch began, opening the basket and dipping a hand inside, "but I think you'll appreciate the simplicity. I hope you went to bed with an empty stomach~!" First things first. He withdrew a medium-sized plate, too small for a main course and too large for an appetizer, and evenly slipped it her way. "This is from all of us, but especially from Bailey and Miss D! I think you'll enjoy the taste more than the irony~!" More on that later. Right now he was already handing her yet another plate, this one large enough to be a proper meal. It smelled delightfully fishy. "And this one is from Bailey, Miss D, and Korra~! She helped with the catch - it's fresh! I even watched Korra wrangle it with her bare hands!" Her bare hands, Lunette. Let that sink in.

And finally, for the pièce de résistance, he retrieved for her, the best addition to all casual meals, an ice-cold and fairly tall... beer. "And this is from me~!" Because, really, don't trust an unsupervised Scaramouch in the kitchen. He passed the aluminum can off to her with a grin, perhaps wanting to make a remark but knowing better, and generally felt pleased with everything so far. Nothing exploded or caught fire, so! Though, hmm... something was missing from this picture wasn't it? Yes, something was... Optics scrutinized the items with artificial intensity.

Thinking... Thinking... Oh! How could the robot be so dense!?

"Ack! F-Forgot the napkins and, um, stuff!" The 'stuff' being a fork, spoon, and knife. Scaramouch wasn't sure if Lunette would need them, or why, but it was a commonly seen practice with organics to include basic cutlery. "S-Sorry...~" he muttered, bashful. These last few things were meekly set beside her, and now everything was complete. Yes, good. "K-Kev, Livewire, and spookums loaned me their houseware. Same with the basket. They were more than delighted to help~!"

Dinner for One:
    --1x Plate of Chocolate-Covered Cherry Mice: crunchy and sweet, these lil' rodents are surprisingly close to the real thing. They are made of milk chocolate and have almond slices for ears, everything but their cute tails edible. Their tiny muzzles are a cleverly-disguised Hershey's Kisses, and a ripe, plump cherry lies in the heart of them.

--1x Plate of Beer-Battered Swordfish Tacos: warm and deliciously aromatic, the swordfish has been expertly cooked to a golden crunch. Each filet rests on a fresh bed of shredded cabbage and finely-chopped purple onion, with a drizzle of a creamy sauce that tastes lightly of lemon zest, black pepper, and a trace of jalapeno. There are four tacos in total, wrapped in corn tortillas.

--1x Sapporo Beer: goes excellently with the main course. It is a light beer, golden in color and crisp. Best served ice-cold for a smoother experience.

[Images]
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed May 17, 2017 4:32 am

While the tree pun wasn't appreciated, it was true. No way would she scamper her way back up into a tree so thoughtlessly without first assessing if she could even get back down. But the light flurry of kisses was always welcomed, along with the reminder that she was... selfless, caring and humble. Those words always seemed to strike a cord, but lately... it wasn't as painful. It became more acceptable to her, something her mind could agree with, in due time. For now, though, she could only quietly and meekly thank him for the affection, for the kisses and words of encouragement.

It took great restraint for Lunette not to immediately snuggle up to Scaramouch as he sat with her on the bed. Instead, she remained quiet, eyes focused on the robot and his movements as the explanation of what was inside the basket was revealed. A small dish was placed near her, eyes glancing to it briefly, and was told everyone worked on it, mostly Bailey and Diana. Nodding, her smile and purring never faded. The next plate became more obvious; it was definitely a fishy smell, but not a bad one. That scent of a crispy fish meshed with some spices that made her mouth water, nose tingling at the scent. "With her bare hands, hm~? I bet it was a treat to watch and cheer her on!" Korra caught the fish that was cooked by Bailey and Diana once more, and the mental images of them fishing and working on the dish was precious, tail swaying happily.

The drink of choice was from Scaramouch personally, and, though she squinted a bit at that grin, she accepted the beer with a happy chirp, placing it in her lap. The last thing done was reaching back into the basket and setting a few utensils and napkins near her, claiming them to be from Kev, Livewire and Fear... Though her smile never faded, her eyelids drooped to a half-lidded form, pupils dilating. Her purring broke a few times, hiccuping as tears filled her eyes, dripping down the side of her face.

There were so many people who had made this for her, showing their love... support... care. What really made it special for her, though? That heat swelled in her chest once more, that feeling of butterflies fluttering about in her stomach... That connection and love she hadn't felt in so long started to come back.

"T... thank you..." was all Lunette could say to Scaramouch, tears still rolling down her face. Delicately taking the plate of fish and a fork, Lunette began to eat the tacos, purring from her first bite, the tears getting larger as she closed her eyes and cried into her food. Even if the tears dropped on the fork, she still ate it, too overwhelmed with love and happiness to speak or even stop the waterworks. After a few bites, though, she swallowed and sniffled, trying to speak. "T-t-this... is r-really g-good... d-delicious..." This was proven by the fact that the feline continued to eat, the crunchy sword fish melting in her mouth, meshing with the tasty garnishes and sauce that tickled her nose earlier.

Even as she cracked open that Sapporo and drank a little bit, smiling widely at the flavors dancing together to make a delicious symphony, those tears were never held back.
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed May 17, 2017 5:32 am

"With her bare hands, hm~? I bet it was a treat to watch and cheer her on!"

Scaramouch grinned like the scoundrel he was. "Oh, it was~! That babe has some impressive - and I mean impressive - guns." The way sunlight hit them just right... Unf, perfect~! If only Korra was of the male persuasion... Cyan diodes squinted happily at the thought. "Anyway~!" Never once did his smile waver. "We all made this for ya. You're a great person, Lulu, and even though you struggle with rememberin' that, everyone's more than happy to do the remindin' for ya, babe~!" Eh, more sap, but honestly? The robot knew he wasn't gonna plug up those reserves any time soon. Lunette needed to hear this; not just from himself but from others. She needed to hear that she was loved, wanted, and even vital to everyone involved. Hell, she was just needed by everyone, period. So it came to no surprise, then, that as Scaramouch directed his unblinking gaze to her, lips still pulled back in that characteristic grin of his, the robot immediately blanched at the sight of Lunette's tears.

Crying?

She... She was crying?

Probability Chip: Responding...|

--->Amendment

--->Outcome: 100%

NO.

1,024 thoughts immediately raced through his processors. She was upset! She was going to yell and throw him out! He messed up like usual! Boon was going to murder him! Collins was also going to murder him! He was gonna be melted down and sold for scrap! She was gonna - !  

"T... thank you... T-t-this... is r-really g-good... d-delicious..."

...t-thank him?

Out of 1,024 racing thoughts screaming in his head, never did the android think Lunette would actually be grateful while crying her poor, little eyes out. His anxiety sharply lessened. "...Lulu." Aw, now Scaramouch felt bad. He felt genuinely bad. Was... Was such a thing possible? Maybe it was, but the very first concern of his primary directive required the android's focus more than ever. Unthinking, he reached for a napkin and lightly began dabbing Lunette's eyes and the seemingly-endless tears cascading down her face. "Ssh... Ssh... It'll be alright, Lulu, it'll be alright." The best Scaramouch could do was smile, and smile for her he did. "You're welcome, Lulu," he consoled her tenderly. "Take all the time you need to enjoy it, 'kay? Take all the time you need." Ma pauvre...
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed May 17, 2017 6:28 am

It never occurred to her that the tears that continued to roll down her cheeks may have caused alarm or concern. There was just... so much going on inside, it would be difficult to explain later on. But once the food that was so lovingly crafted had been consumed, that would most likely happen. Until then, her body went into auto-pilot, taking small bites, chewing for a bit, then sipping the beer that melted together with the food so perfectly. His words only made her cry more, the dabbing and drying of the fluffy cheeks becoming more and more futile. Things went quiet, the only sounds noticeable being the slight scraping of the fork against the plate, the combination of Scaramouch's fans and processors working and Lunette's deep purring melding together in an odd harmony.

The final bite was taken after probably a few awkward minutes of silence, and Lunette finally ceased her tears as she wiped her face clean, then blowing her nose (as elegantly as possible, might I add). Taking a few breaths, fingers wrapped around the can of beer and finished it, once again dabbing her mouth to clear it. Half-lidded eyes locked onto Scaramouch, her smile just as strong as before, "I-I'm sorry for crying..." Lunette hiccuped, her hands idly taking the first plate, "I... it's honestly been a long time since I've felt... really really happy..." Uncovering the plate, Lunette paused, ears perking forward as the chocolate mice were revealed. Weakly giggling at the fact she just ate fish and would now be eating mice... Lunette tenderly picked up one of the adorable chocolate mice and nibbled on its almond ear.

"I... need to thank everyone personally... for their kindness." Lunette paused in her words as she nibbled away at the mouse. "But I... thank you the most..." The feline's face was a mixture of fatigue and a burning love, her heart still on fire as she finished the first mouse, licking her lips quietly. It took a moment of thinking, but Lunette moved from her spot, scooting closer to the robot, enough so that she could rest her head upon his chest. "... This probably sounds sad but... I've never felt this happy before... even before this place." And whatever happiness that had been felt, it was... short-lived. Lunette's cheek rubbed softly against Scaramouch's chest as she quietly mumbled, "... I'm glad you're here."
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed May 17, 2017 7:43 am

People can... cry when happy. People can cry when happy.

This revelation wasn't new, but to see it for himself was... baffling. Lunette was going to be okay. Lunette was okay. Nothing was wrong, everything was fine. He hadn't messed up. She wasn't upset. Everything was fine.

The fans soldered to his plated back lightly sputtered; an exhale of relief. Minutes must have passed before either of them could say a word. "It's... It's okay, Lulu. There's no shame in cryin'." And he meant that. There was no shame in crying - no shame in emoting how one felt. If she was upset, then be upset. If she was angry, then be angry. And if she was happy to the point of crying? The robot's fans again gave another muffled sputter beneath the pea coat's thick fabric. Then be happy to the point of crying. It was better than the alternative, wasn't it...? Optics blinked as they rested upon Lunette, their tiny motors whining. "Good, I'm glad, babe~!" Anxiety or not, it never took long for Scaramouch to find a reason to smile. "It's great to feel happy, Lulu. And, um... you deserve to feel happy too, right? I think you do, and so does everyone else!" On the level? The robot had thought Lunette was either going to breakdown right there on the spot or run out of the room. God, what an embarrassing way to make a dame feel better about herself, huh?

It wouldn't be the first time he royally screwed the pooch...

Giggling.

Tired giggling excited his auditory sensors as Lunette at last found the dessert mice. "Told ya~!" Scaramouch gave only the most obnoxious of grins, pleased. "Knew you'd like the taste better than the irony. Don't worry, they won't squeak or runaway from the kitty cat~." Now wouldn't that have been a feat? Doable, but... no. Not this time.

"I... need to thank everyone personally... for their kindness." A pause. "But I... thank you the most..."

U-Uh, oh... um...

There is the part where he should have been chomping at the bit, taking all the credit, and yet... Scaramouch pointedly glanced away, heat spreading throughout his frame. Those poor cooling fans could only do so much. "Y-You're welcome, Lulu, b-but I was just the ideas g-guy, so..." Which was largely true. He couldn't cook a lovely meal. He couldn't jump into water and catch a swordfish. He couldn't even figure out if he was scared to be here right now. He could, however, purchase a beer. Go figure... Didn't even get carded. That can honestly be so abused if folks knew how to -

Flump...!

Suddenly, a mysterious weight pressed against his chest and the sensors in his head went wild. Scaramouch didn't require his optics to see that Lunette was resting against him. Her gentle purrs, the close and alluring proximity of her body heat, even the subtle aroma of her favorite shampoo and perfume... It may have been against his better, more logical judgement, but the android didn't care. Servos whirred as a mechanical arm embraced the Anitra's back from behind, fingers gingerly rubbing. "Nah, it's not sad..." he faintly muttered. His smile waned to a small, almost imperceptible curl. "If anything, I think that's actually a test of character." It was pretty... courageous, wasn't it? To keep on going despite never having found happiness until you did? To remain stubborn until the better end, no matter what? A memory fluttered over his vision. A memory of Kev and the heavy topic they had discussed weeks ago. Only now did Scaramouch realize why it was sore... Hmm.

"... I'm glad you're here."

Delicate notes again excited his auditory sensors; the captivating melody of the female voice. His arm tightened around Lunette in a controlled, but gentle squeeze. "Well, I'd certainly hope so, babe~!" Scaramouch replied in his usual sing-song. He didn't want to drop the facade. Not yet. "Aside from kickin' back at my old (and now destroyed) home dimension, there's no other place I'd rather be than with you~! Oh, and, um..." Should he or shouldn't he? Well, Lunette had already eaten and she appeared calmer, so...

A nervous chuckle escaped him. No time like the present! "I, uh... g-guess it wouldn't be a good time to tell ya 'bout the hidden message scrawled on the taco plate, h-huh?"
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed May 17, 2017 8:24 am

Boy those cat puns...
    It was funny. At first, the cat puns were irksome, maybe even annoying. Her brow would twitch, ears flattened and her face would scrunch into a sour expression. Maybe, Lunette would give him a tap or small hit in response. Sometimes, just huff and puff. But, over time... they became tolerable. Kind of funny. A smidgen even cute. Still kind of annoying, but not enough to really bother. "Meow~" Lunette teased, adding the hint of a real meow in there, and promptly began nibbling another poor mouse.

Ideas guy or not, the fact that he brought everyone together to bring her something... The thought of explaining came to mind, but ultimately, it was ignored. "Maybe but... it just, means a lot to me." The nose-scrunched smile returned as her purring increased, fur absorbing the large amount of heat the robot was emitting. Ears twitched at the mechanical whirs as she was scooped into an embrace, lightly chirping at the sensation, and her tail wrapped around them both. Maybe a few months ago, maybe even a few years ago, Lunette probably would've ignored such a 'test' to her character, merely understanding the concept instead of accepting it. But now... "I... I guess I'm doing well, then!" The feline grinned, then let out another happy chirp, moving her cheek rubbing from Scaramouch's chest to his arm instead, her hand grasping his as best it could.

"Mmm~" A pleased mumble escaped her from the squeeze, feeling secure and comfortable with his arm around her. Hey, she didn't need to feel rippling muscles to feel safe! A lean and smooth arm enveloped in a snazzy coat was just fine to her. Lightly snickering, the temptation to eat another chocolate mouse poked at her, Lunette having no choice but to take another and nibble (rather quickly) on it. Head tilting to face him, there were traces of chocolate along her lips and muzzle, eyes still tired but a glint of affection within them. "Hmm~?" What was that about a message? "On the plate?" Her eyes shifted to the dish she had ignored after finishing (though her eyes were still rather watery and her sight was fish-eyed), hand reaching out to pick up the plate and giving it another thorough once-over...
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed May 17, 2017 6:24 pm

Those cat puns were endearing, admit it.

"Meow~"

Jeez, that'll never not be strange. He could only stare down at her and blink. "Y'know, even though you're covered in fur and look pretty much like a cat, just hearin' you meow is..." Well, it's weird! Cute, but weird. Maybe further context was needed. "It's like if a robot audibly went, I dunno, beep boop or somethin'. Really activates my almonds..." he muttered. That was totally her favorite phrase, by the way. Never mind that it made absolutely no sense (hence its greatness)~!

Purr, purr, purr~

Rub, rub, rub.

This was nice.

This was super nice.

If there was any lingering doubt in Scaramouch's mind, chatty algorithms and all, it had been effectively banished to the farthest reaches of his thoughts. "You mean a lot to me." No flattery, no laying it on thick; just the pure and simple truth. An organic like Lunette didn't come twice, not even in the same century. She was kind, she was thoughtful, she made others feel just so danged happy... She was a real cutie, too~! It legit baffled the android why Lunette enjoyed his company time and time again, but that just made their moments together all the more precious. That just made her all the more precious. Plated fingers wrapped around the Anitra's as gently as they could, metal warm. Her hands were just so tiny. "Of course you're doin' well!" Lunette's uncertainty earned a (playful) snort out of him. "Why wouldn't ya be, Lulu~? You're like the toughest dame I know, babe. I mean... you could kill someone just by sittin' on 'em." She could kill Scaramouch just by sitting on him! Which, honestly, it didn't take a lot... Aluminum alloy had its drawbacks.

A silk handkerchief was produced seemingly out of thin air, and the robot went about cleaning Lunette's face with as much attention and fondness as a caretaker to a child. A messy child, and one who didn't like baths, stayed up way past her bedtime, and forgot to eat at least three nutritious meals a day. Drove his subroutine mad like crazy! "Aaaaaand there! No more crumbs, no more tears~!" sang a chipper Scaramouch. "And yeah, on the plate! I knew I had hidden it too well, 'cause ya didn't notice when eatin'. That's good, though! It's better you first enjoy the meal and then get all teary-eyed again." Because she will, no doubt about it. Scaramouch wasn't a fan of his probability chip (it's how he determined risk vs. reward), but when they did manage to agree...

He chuckled to himself, the sound of his laughter artificial but nevertheless authentic. "I'll give ya a hint! It's beneath all the cabbage, Lulu~!" If Lunette examined closely, maybe even squinted those beautiful blue eyes, she just might catch the telltale signs of neatly-scrawled handwriting looking her right in the fluffy face.

The message would then become as clear as day: will you go out with me?
    Lunette
    Lunette
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)
    Health Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)
    Stamina Bar:
    16/16  (16/16)

Post by Lunette on Wed May 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Why.
    Why was it almonds?
    What did that even mean?
    And, more importantly, why did it make her snicker so? It sounded so... stupid. But everytime she heard 'activates my almonds', or even the robot's loud and honktastic laughter, she couldn't help but quietly laugh underneath her breath. To prove this point, as soon as Scaramouch said that, Lunette gently smirked and snickered just as she usually did. "I just like to meow~" It was true; it got responses out of people, usually an 'aww' or 'how cute!', but there were some that looked at the feline funny, probably wondering the same thing that activated those almonds inside the robot's head.

You mean a lot to me.

If Lunette were made of ice, she'd be melted by now with how much her chest burned. That thought, that negative thought, of 'I don't deserve you' would appear with each kind thing Scaramouch said to her, but it was always, always dismissed. Feelings of self-worth were always one of the hardest to build up, the natural reflex of wanting to dismiss any compliments or genuine words of care and love always tried to override acceptance. Hearing it more and more, however, it became... truth. 'I deserve you',  'we both deserve happiness and each other's company', 'we are together and feel joy'... positive thoughts. Positive feedback. It did a lot more than anyone could ever hope. And while it was true, she could probably sit on the rather lightweight robotic and shift her weight enough to crush him, or most people for that matter, she wouldn't. Not purposely, anyway. The mental image made her grin, her fingers interlaced with his. "That'd be very rude and not lady-like. I won't be doing that~" As funny as it sounded, that'd just be silly.

"Mrr?" Suddenly, her face was assaulted by a kerchief. Ears flattened for only a moment as Scaramouch tenderly cleaned her up, face scrunching and tongue sticking out playfully in response. "Phft!" Once finished, the feline's nose wiggled a bit before she let out a soft sneeze, covering her mouth quickly. "Oh! Excuse me." Giving a bewildered look at 'teary-eyed again', Lunette glanced over to the plate, spotting a few pieces of cabbage she had left. While Lunette did enjoy most foods, things like cabbage or broccoli weren't among her favorite vegetables. Mixed with other things, they were fine, but alone, she'd push them aside. The tacos, however, were eaten rather thoroughly, with only a few pieces of cabbage (politely) set aside. Sitting up on her legs and facing the plate, she pushed the cabbage lightly away from the center with her finger. Her eyes were indeed greeted by a hidden message, one that was written rather nicely, too.

will you go out with me?

A pause.

Lunette sat quietly for a few minutes with her back to Scaramouch, no signs of natural body language as most would look for. Her ears didn't move; her tail didn't sway or twitch; her purring, although never ceasing, did lower in tone.

It was as if she were waiting for something... but it didn't seem to appear. Those negative thoughts that normally plagued her, telling her 'this is a mistake' or 'you don't deserve this' never popped up, never harassed her. This was her moment. Nothing to tell her he was the wrong choice, nothing to tell her this will fail just as every other relationship, nothing like that at all. Instead, it was just...

silence.

Those few minutes must've felt like an eternity to him, waiting for her to react.

Finally, Lunette turned, her expression that of... nothing. Those blue eyes stared right into the cyan diodes, never breaking, never wavering. Her arms outstretched towards him, a slow but firm embrace came next as the eye connection faded, her face hiding beneath his chin. Again, the sensation of her fluffy and soft cheek tenderly rubbed against his neck began, just as it did most every day. The purring didn't become thicker, staying at a quiet tone as her tail wrapped around and coddled both of them.

There was just more silence, until a small sniffling broke through.

Yes, she was crying again. But it was good crying, and definitely not as thick as before. Instead, just a few tears cascaded down her cheeks.

"... I'd... love to." There were a few more sniffles before Lunette tried again, speaking just a bit louder. "I would... very much love to... go out with you." There was a third pause before she gave him a soft squeeze, her head rubbing against the bottom of his chin. "I love you, after all..." Lunette let out a feeble laugh.

"I... love you... so much..."
    Scaramouche
    Scaramouche
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)
    Health Bar:
    200/200  (200/200)
    Stamina Bar:
    30/30  (30/30)

Post by Scaramouche on Wed May 17, 2017 10:33 pm

Well why not almonds, Lulu? If left to his own absurd devices (and they were quite absurd, trust him), Scaramouch would devise an entire list of silly phrases for nuts. That really pinches his pistachios... That really dinkles his dates... That really capers his cashews... That really plugs his peanuts... Honestly, the potential was endless. He snickered at Lunette's innocent confession. "Like a cat~?" the robot teased. Hey, if it walks like a goose and honks like a goose...

"That'd be very rude and not lady-like. I won't be doing that~"

"Oh, and pouncin' on poor me isn't?" Just listen to that whiny baby. Scaramouch sniffed and even played it up with a grumpy pout. "I don't know if you're aware of this, Lulu," he huffed, being an obnoxious pill as always, "but pouncin' on people, especially dainty robots, isn't socially-acceptable. It's actually kinda scary~!" He didn't understand why Lunette liked tormenting him so, but she did. Maybe it was a cat thing, the robot didn't know... But as much as Scaramouch griped (and boy did he gripe) about being Lunette's mouse to her cat, it was actually kind of... cute. Y'know, more in a 'I'm gonna get ya~!' sort of way and less in a 'I'm gonna eat ya~!'. Metal wasn't tasty, Lunette! It also didn't digest well, but that didn't stop the Anitra from pinning him down and licking. "Keep jumpin' on me and I'mma buy ya a salt lick." Don't call his bluff, because Scaramouch will deliver!

She lightly sneezed and he startled. "B-Bless ya, Lulu~!" Dab, dab, dab. Aww, look at her cute button nose...

As predicted, Lunette had shied away from the cabbage. Tut, tut! Roughage was good for the digestive track; that's why he bothered with the vegetable. After all, didn't cats like eating grass? That was a thing, wasn't it? Surely all those forum posts online about cat-watching weren't wrong...

A pause.

A long pause.

Here it comes. Here comes his anxiety, rearing its ugly head to mock him.

After a tender display of emotion and airy teasing, Lunette suddenly... stopped. She stopped moving, stopped smiling, stopped everything. Even her rumbling purrs faded to a hushed lull. Try as he might not to assume the worst, Scaramouch automatically felt as if something terrible had just happened. W-Was she upset? Was she mad? Would she lapse into a another crying spell? A-All he wanted to do was make Lunette happy like she d-did for him! ...Had he messed that up too? In the absence of her body language, he tensed, optics facing directly ahead and the robot as quiet as a mouse. M-Maybe if he behaved extremely well and didn't make a further idiot of himself...

Aaaaaaand then she looked up at him. Lunette looked up at him with those big, blue, beautiful eyes of hers and just stared. Naturally, Scaramouch matched her blank gaze with only the most guilty look imaginable. "U-Um..." On second thought, no. No, don't say anything. If he did, that might make things even worse. And if he made things worse, she might grab Boon and Collins to sacrifice his worthless robot soul to Satan.

His resulting whimper was beyond pathetic. "M-Mm..."

Movement was caught in the corner of his sight. Oh... Oh no. This is the part where Lunette was going to pin him down and prepare the ritual! He was going to - !!

...Fwump!

Rub, rub, purrrrrrr...

Sniff...

H-Hmm. That... That didn't sound like ominous Latin chanting. An optic tentatively peeled open and no longer did Scaramouch flinch. W-What...?

"... I'd... love to. I would... very much love to... go out with you.  

I love you, after all...

I... love you... so much..."

He was just a great big dummy, wasn't he?

"..."

Lulu...

There were no words, no jokes, no incessant ribbing or honking; they would do nothing but ruin the moment. Instead, servos whined and the Anitra found herself in a full embrace. A tight embrace, a warm embrace, a lover's embrace - just the way she liked it. Wanted it. Needed it. Oh, and...

Purrrrrrrrrr...

Was it weird for a robot to emulate a cat's soothing purr? Maybe, maybe... But it's what they enjoyed, strange or not, and Scaramouch thought nothing of it. He only wanted to sit here and snuggle with Lunette, hoping she felt as complete as he did. He just... He just wanted to be her robot. "I love ya too, Lulu... I love ya too..." That was all that needed to be said as he softly kissed her on the temple, the android simply happy to know that she was happy.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jan 23, 2019 8:21 pm