Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

New City, New Rules

Post by Lightning Ray on Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Time: 10:15 p.m.
    Date: December 20, 0008

Finally arriving at the city limits Lightning Ray rolled to a stop and swallowed a lump that had come up in her vocal processor. After what happened with Knock Out and Springtrap she didn't want to make any more mistakes from that moment on. Remembering what Knock Out told her about how to carry herself in this place she let out a vent to calm herself before she rolled into the city and began to look around. As she drove down the street she could start to see the similarities of what she had been used to on Cybertron and how this city was set up. Maybe she could find a place here to call home or at least something close to it so that she could have a sense of something to help her remember what Cybertron was still like as she adjusted to life here.

Turning down another street she started to wonder where this other Autobot was located and how she could find him or her and possibly get some answers on how to make it in a place like this. And possibly ask on how to make things right with Knock Out. The last thing she needed was to have a Decepticon that was peeved at her for what she did. Pulling to a stop next to the curb she let out another vent then deciding to walk around for a bit she transformed to her robot mode and continued on, keeping a constant look out for what was in front of her so she wouldn't step on anything by accident.
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: New City, New Rules

Post by Livewire on Thu Dec 28, 2017 4:05 pm

Well...she might have some issue finding another Autobot. But finding another Cybertronian? Turns out that would be so easy it's practically effortless.

After a few moments, there would be a ping. A communication request? Should she allow it, she would get a message:

Autobot Lightning Ray. This is Livewire. I am the other Cybertronian on this world. I am sending you my location attached with this message. I would like to meet.

A distance away, a yellow cab sat parked on the side of the road. Right next to the end of a line of shops, near one of the smaller green areas throughout the Business District. The late time of night hid most of it, made it blend in with the transports also parked on the road. The cybertronian hidden in the taxi, though, was going over information.

The invitation had been sent out. She had sent it right after the conversation with Knock Out had reached its conclusion. Also, after she had taken an hour to get familiar with being a body made of metal once again. Only hours before she had been under the graciously-provided transformation into a human by their deity, X. But hours ago she had been informed in a phone call from Knock Out that another Cybertronian had landed. After confirming with her parents that it was alright, she had asked for a temporary stay on her transformation.

Just to deal with this latest issue. Then it was right back to being human. She still had desserts to eat, after all.

Thankfully, the late nature of the night meant that there weren't as many bystanders around. She could probably transform and walk into the green area beside her without much worry of hitting another car. That would not be a great way to start off introductions to the new arrival.

Plan in motion, Livewire, the taxi cab, simply waited for a response.
    Lightning Ray
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Level : 1

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Lightning Ray on Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:33 pm

Taking small, slow steps Light marveled at all the strange differences there was between this city and Cybertron. The architecture, the scenery, the strange beings that so many different characteristics about them. It was so fascinating yet at the same time it was a bit off-setting at the fact that she was going to have to get used to this. Though it was a bit daunting and a bit scary at the same time she was willing to bear through it and do her best to see the bright side of everything. If she didn't she was pretty sure that she was going to fall down to the deep end and never come back.

But for now, best to put that on the back burner when she suddenly got the ping for a communication request and it made her softly skid to a stop at the surprise. Blinking her optics a few times reached up to her com and answered it, getting the message in just a nano-klik. Carefully listening to it she vented in relief at it being from the other Cybertronian on this world by the name of Livewire. Getting the coordinates of where Livewire was waiting for her to meet she nodded in agreement and sent a message back to the signal that the message came from.

Thank you. I would very much like to meet you as well. I will be there as soon as I can.

Once she sent her message she transformed into her vehicle mode and followed the coordinates to where Livewire was waiting for her. Arriving at the destination she gently rolled down the street until she reached the end of the shops until she came upon the taxi cab at the marked location and hoped that this was Livewire. Deciding to take a chance she called out to it. "Uh, hello there. I'm... I'm Lightning Ray. Are you Livewire?"
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:00 am

Well, she was coming then.  Livewire waited when she got the response and, in not much time after, her sensors pinged with the arrival of another cybertronian. It really was easy to find them, so long as you were looking.   Well...

"Uh, hello there. I'm... I'm Lightning Ray. Are you Livewire?"

It helped when they announced themselves.  Without a word, the taxi cab sitting there started to break apart. Legs formed out of yellow panels until, standing there before her 12' tall and very, very yellow. The other teal-opticed cybertronian held herself with her shoulders and back held confidently.  The much-younger femme looked upon the new arrival with a carefully controlled expression of neutrality. When she spoke her voice was polite, and calm.

Quietly, she sent a message to the cell phones that her parents carried. She included her location, and a quick picture of Lightning Ray.  Livewire didn't doubt that she would be able to defend herself should things go sour, but it was more for their peace of mind than her own. No need to worry Kev more than she had to, after all.  One heeled foot would step over the concrete divider between the road and the sparse exposed earth that made up the median.  It was about 20 feet wide, 40 feet long, tapering off to a rounded angle at the opposite side. Just enough space for them to walk around without fear of stepping on anyone's bike. Livewire had done that once, and it was so, so much more trouble than it was worth.

"I am Livewire. Thank you for coming, Lightning Ray."  She would walk further, motioning with her hand for the other femme to follow. "Please follow me. It's easier to talk when we aren't in the road.  I've spoken with Knock Out, and I believe that he neglected to inform you about some basic facts of the world you are in. I'd like to fix that."
    Lightning Ray
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Lightning Ray on Fri Dec 29, 2017 2:16 pm

Putting herself in park Light watched as the taxi cab started to break apart and transform, feeling relieved that she had found the Cybertronian. Waiting until the yellow cab was standing on her own two pedes before she transformed herself and noticed the stature that the other femme held herself and felt that she must have been here for a long time and had a great deal of knowledge about this place and how to interact with the beings that resided on here.

Seeing as she raised a pede over the divider to step onto the green part of the ground and motioned for Light to follow. Softly nodding in agreement the ninja femme took slow, careful steps until she stepped up on it and immediate felt how strange this new ground was and looked down at it, marveling at it and finding it very interesting. Looking up at Livewire as she explained that she had spoken with Knock Out and quickly felt a guilty flush go through her, wondering if he told her what had happened between them. But when she said that she believed that he didn't tell her about the basic facts about this new world she softly smiled and nodded in understanding. "You're welcome. I knew that as soon as I got your message I needed to come straight away. And thank you. I would really like to know more about this place and how I should act so I don't disrespect any of the other beings that live here."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:55 pm

Livewire moved surely forward into a small clear space within the earth. There she stopped, turned towards Lightning Ray, and then sat down. She made sure that her position was casual, open, in an attempt to offset the seriousness of her expression. She set her shoulders back and leaned as she supported her weight on one arm. The other arm rested on her knee, which was bent up while her other leg rested before her. She figured this looked casual enough, probably. Hopefully.  

...nevermind, she felt stupid. She went to just cross her legs and put her hands behind her to support her upper body. There, that was better. Probably.

"I appreciate that you're concerned with not disrespecting the other residents here. I've found that it's often hardest to convince other cybertronians to follow that rule when they get here."  She looked at Lightning Ray for a moment, tilting her head to the side before shrugging and leaning forward. "I suppose I should start off with what Knock Out had the most trouble grasping - Here, you are weak. Even if you were trained extensively back on your world, coming to this world is like...a reset, if you will. As if you had suffered a serious injury and were unable to condition yourself for many years. You will, as far as I'm aware, essentially start from your weakest point and need to build yourself back up."

She paused, hoping to let that sink in. "Another thing you must contend with is that, previously, cybertronians had a bit of a bad reputation here. There were many at once time, and most of them were very young and very obnoxious. Some of the older residents here are, understandably, a little frustrated with the species as a whole. Due to that, I must warn you to be careful. You might be given less patience than most."

She would look at the city around them, just for a moment to give Lightning Ray a break from being stared at. "With me so far?"
    Lightning Ray
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Lightning Ray on Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:45 pm

Continuing to follow Livewire as she made her way to a small clear space Light stopped as she did and watched as the other Cybertronian sat down. Being the respectful bot that she was Light waited for Livewire to get herself comfortable before she settled herself down, sitting with her legs tucked underneath her resting her servos in her lap. Though she sat with her back a bit straight she made herself comfortable so that she would be attentive and pay attention to what the yellow Cybertronian had to say.

Giving Livewire her full attention she nodded as she gave her appreciation for giving their fellow residents the respect they deserved. "Of course. After all, respect given... is respect earned." Boy she should have remembered that when she was dealing with Knock Out, because if she did things might have turned out far differently than what they had.

Then patiently listening as Livewire explained that as she arrived here she was basically set back to where she had began with all of her training, though she still retained the knowledge that she gained she would just have to work to get back to where she was before coming here. Though she wasn't too happy about it she had to work from far worse so this shouldn't be too hard. Looking LIvewire in her optics she nodded in understanding. "Well, I've been working hard for a long, long while now. Might as well not stop now." She knew the meaning of hard work and she would work harder than ever to get back to where she once was.

As Livewire then began to explain that another thing she had to contend with was that Cybertronians that were there in the past had a bit of a bad reputation she grimaced a bit, wondering if she was going to be instantly judged to be like the others. Listening as she said that most that were there were very young and obnoxious and some of the older residents that were still there were a bit frustrated with their species she wondered just how she was going to fare the first few weeks with info like that swirling around in her processor. Hearing the warning about being careful and that she might be given less patience she nodded in understanding about being with her that far. "Oh, I.... I see. Well, to be honest I'm pretty much the opposite of that. To me I'd rather be as kind and pleasant as I can be so that I show that I can be trusted and give others the due respect that they are meant to have. I swear I will take things slow and try to learn everything that I can to show that I will not be like the others."
    Livewire
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Livewire on Sat Jan 06, 2018 4:23 pm

"Of course. After all, respect given... is respect earned."

Well, wasn't that interesting?

Livewire tilted her head to the side slightly in recognition that Lightning Ray had spoken.  She had gotten the conversation from Knock Out, and had from it had assumed that Lightning Ray hadn't the slightest clue about the saying she just quoted. But...to be fair to her, she had literally just arrived. Livewire herself was very confused and alarmed shen she came into existence here.  It was hardly fair for her to judge the actions of someone else new.  Even if she really, really wanted to.

So badly.

At the affirmation that Lightning Ray was used to hard work, she gave a more visible nod before speaking. "That will help you here. There are training facilities for you to use if you wish to immediately tackle your physical strength and attain your previous skill set. Its location will be on an annotated map of this area that I will create for you. Even with that, though, I reccomend exploring the city for yourself. It is likely that we have different opinions on what locations are and are not important, and it would be good to make yourself familiar."

The younger (much younger) femme watched Lightning Ray's expression as she told her of the previous cybertronians, and some of the damage that they had left behind. Good, she was taking the matter seriously. That was all she could honestly ask for, when she got down to it.   When Lightning Ray responded that she'd aim to be pleasant, Livewire actually smiled. Just a little one. It was false, of course, but Livewire had read that smiling when you agreed during a conversation helped to portray that in a way that promoted emotional affirmation. Or...or something like that. She probably needed to read that book again.  Yeah...yeah she needed to read that again.

But, still. There were things that needed to be addressed.

"Knock Out and I are on positive terms. I am informing you of this so that you are aware that I, unconsciously or no, am biased towards him. That is mostly due to not knowing you yet."  She paused, looking the new femme in the optics as she leaned forward slightly before continuing. "He gave me your conversation together. I do not know who the other one with you was, but that is not important at this time. What is important is that you and he did not start off well."

The sound of a music system turning on in the buildings around them took Livewire's attention from Lightning Ray for a moment, allowing her a reprieve from the youngling's stare. But, after that moment, Livewire went to make optic-contact with her again.

"I do not hold you in ill-will about this. You have just arrived, and this place can be confusing and frightening. From our conversation so far, I think that you will have a good temperment for staying here.  I merely ask you to keep something in mind when talking to Knock Out, which is unlikely, or to anyone else.  All of us have lost something here." And here comes the big news.  Well, Livewire thought it was the big news anyway.  "Most everyone you encounter has been brought to this world against our will, at the grace of a diety. He is...benevolent. He brought us here because our worlds were being destroyed and to stay there would mean our destruction. There is a chance that you might come across someone you know here, but it is slim. As such," she paused, looking away again to give Lightning Ray a break as Livewire was aware that she had a tendency to stare a bit...intensely, "Those of us here need to work together. Try to make friends, find people that you can develop healthy relationships with. Get a support network of allies, or just...friends.  I do not know you yet, but our shared species and situation makes me invested in your existence here. I want you to do well, to be a good part of the community. I'd like you to be able to connect with others in a positive way.  It can be lonely, and horrific sometimes, but I hope that you will be able to overcome it."

Livewire sighed a bit and let her head fall backwards, staring up at the sky before speaking again. "I will not interfere between you and Knock Out. Although I would rather there not be any bad energon between the three of us, I cannot control it and do not want to. Should a resolution happen it will have to be between you and him. But, I will warn you that you have misstepped greatly. Please be cautious, and keep in mind that everyone, or practically everyone, has lost something precious here." She looked at Lightning Ray again. In her expression there was no judgement, no irritation. To Livewire she was simply stating the truth.
    Lightning Ray
    Kilobyte

Kilobyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    60/60  (60/60)
    Stamina Bar:
    11/11  (11/11)

Post by Lightning Ray on Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:24 am

Keeping her attention focused on Livewire as she continued on Light nodded as she understood about the training facility and was very thankful about the map. To her that would a very big help in navigating around and learning where things were at as time went on. Then listening as the other femme recommended that she should explore around and see what she could find for herself she nodded in agreement. "I understand. I will definitely take you up on that advice and see what I can find on my own. And thank you very much for that map, I truly appreciate that. It will help a lot while I'm trying to get around and learn where things are."

Then as Livewire addressed what she and Knock Out had as far as terms she nodded while feeling a small sense of shame start to fill her as the other femme mentioned that Knock Out had told her what happened. When LIvewire looked her in the optics and mentioned what was important about what happened that sense grew quite a bit and Light looked down for a few moments, knowing that Livewire was right. That was definitely a bad move on her part and and she regretted making it more than ever. Hearing the music as well her helm quickly shot up and looked at where it was coming from, wondering what kind of music that was.

Looking back at LIvewire as they made optic-contact again she calmly listened as Livewire some more things in detail, feeling grateful that the other femme thought that she will have a good temperament to be able to stay here. Understanding what Livewire asked of her she nodded, keeping what all that she had said committed to memory so that she wouldn't make the same mistake again the next time she would encounter the red mech. Hearing what Livewire said next she nodded once more, smiling a bit at how Livewire wanted her to make the best of things and take the time to make friends and build relationships that she could depend on.

Watching as Livewire let her helm fall back to look up at the sky Light picked at her digits a bit, trying to get rid of the shame she was feeling when she heard the other femme speak again, this time slowly nodding in understanding as she looked down at the ground. She agreed that she had indeed stepped out of line and she needed to do all that she could to make things right one step at a time. "I....I understand. I know that I've done a great wrong and I do want to fix it. No matter what I have to do and how long it takes I want to fix it, the right way. And I will, I promise." She knew in her spark that she would keep that promise for as long as she was resident of this place.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:18 pm