Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Coffee At Noon

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Mon Apr 02, 2018 4:54 pm

Time: Noon
    Date: April 2nd, 0001

The sun was shining and the birds were chirping… It was like nails on a chalkboard for Daemeon. He hated days like this. Preferring overcast and non noisy days, Daemeon strolled down the street to the coffee shop. He was supposed to meet Ms. Nyreena at this small shop today around noon, but the demon was slightly paranoid. Sure she said that she would give the demon a chance, but was this all a plan to do away with him? It sounded unlikely, but the demon was used to being a victim of a witch hunt.

Back on Caerlia, Daemeon was often hunted by both the mortals and divine entities. Due to Orzar’s master plan to overthrow the Legion of the Aitherworld, Daemeon was left as the scapegoat. He was often the one to blame for both cosmic and natural disasters, but to be truthful, he often took great joy in causing some of those events. Daemeon was after all the deity of mayhem and carnage.

Anywho, the demon continued to stroll down the sidewalk. What was going through his head? Plans for chaos? Schemes for carnage? Or was he actually just about having an innocent, non-mayhem lunch outing with Ms. Nyreena?
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Location : Anywhere to find inspiration for a new fashion design
    Level : 34

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Re: Coffee At Noon

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 6:07 pm

Getting ready for her meet up with Daemeon at the coffee shop Nyreena was more than worried at what was going to come of it. All morning she pretty much couldn't think of anything else but the date she went on with the old Daemeon and what came of it. Yeah, it was really hard to shake the memory of that disaster. She desperately prayed that history wouldn't repeat itself today and just make things worse for herself. As well as telling herself that if she acted like she was giving him the chance Daemeon wanted to show that he wasn't going to be like the old Daemeon she would be fine.

However when she told Dominick about what she was doing let's just say that he wasn't very happy. She could understand that he wanted her to be safe but at the same time he thought that she was really risking everything she had going for her with this. It took a lot of explaining (and several batches of sourdough rolls) of why she was doing this so that the others could know what the new Daemeon was up to. Thankfully when she had asked him to watch things from afar so that in case Daemeon did something to endanger her and get her out of there he calmed down and heartily agreed to it. Sighing in relief she thanked him and felt better about things.

Finishing getting herself ready she grabbed her purse and headed out, closing and locking the door behind her. Checking in with Dominick to tell him that she was on her way she headed out of the Inn and walked down the street. Using every bit of willpower she willed herself to remain calm and collected so that she wouldn't give anything away. She also had to remember the advice she had given the night before about keeping the things she held close to her to herself so that he wouldn't be able to use them against her or to his advantage. Reaching the coffee shop she looked around, wondering where the demon was at. She could only hope that her plan was going to work.
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 4

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:16 pm

Down the street came Daemeon. He had his hands in his pockets as he walked and a slight spring in his step. Very odd for a demon who had spent countless years under his father’s thumb and used a tool to start a grand celestial war. What did the demon have planned for this lunch outing?

“Greetings, Ms. Nyreena,” Daemeon said with a slight bow as he stopped in front of the ghostly woman. “So glad to see you. I admit that I was expecting Knock Out to be in waiting somewhere, ready to find another way to accuse me of the previous Daemeon’s actions,” he chuckled. “But I will say this now incase you want to change local. I’m afraid I don’t have any money…” Giving a sheepish grin, he turned out his pockets in his coat.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:19 pm

As she continued to glance about Nyreena noticed Daemeon coming down the street with what seemed to be a bounce in his step. A bit perplexed at that she wondered why he had that bounce and if had something to do about why he was meeting her here at the coffee shop. Watching as he stopped in front of her and have her a slight bow she bowed her head in return and lightly smiled. "Hello Daemeon. Good to see you too."

Actually a bit surprised he was thinking that she shook her head and gave him a reassuring look. "Oh no, I can assure you that he isn't around at all. I'm sure he's plenty busy with his own things for the time being." She almost let it slip about Knock Out's Drive-in but she managed to cover herself perfectly at the last minute. Listening as Daemeon said that he didn't have any credits on him she gently smiled and nodded. "I understand. And please, this is on me. I figured that this would also make up for how everyone has been treating you since arriving here. And please, don't worry about paying me back. Just think of it as a proper welcoming to the Breach."

Last edited by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Mon Apr 02, 2018 9:51 pm

Daemeon was taken back by her generosity. He even took a small step back. This had been the first time since his cousin’s demise that someone was actually being nice to him. And his cousin had been gone for at least a century. “Why thank you, Ms. Nyreena,” he replied calmly. Bowing even deeper this time, to hide the shocked look on his face, Daemeon motioned Nyreena to the closest seats and pulled the chair out for her.

“It’s all a trap…” the Madness spoke in his mind. “She’s working against you. Everyone here is…” The demon shook his head a little, and, once Nyreena was seated, he gently pushed her chair in. He took a seat across from her. “So, if you don’t mind me asking, how long have you been here?”
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:10 am

Watching as Daemeon took a small step back she wondered what was making him seem surprised then wondered if it had something to do with the generosity that she was showing him. She really never seen someone act like this when she was offering a helping hand to them. Then seeing him bow a bit deeper to her and thank her for help she smiled and nodded with a soft glow in her eyes. "You're quite welcome, Daemeon. Anything to help someone in need." Noticing him motion to the closest seats she nodded and walked over, seeing her pull the chair out and smiled, sitting down as he slid the chair underneath her.

Waiting for him to sit down she got herself comfortable and set her purse beside her while setting her napkin in her lap. Noticing him shake his head a bit she wondered if there was fly bugging him or something then brushed it off. As he got himself comfortable she heard the question he asked her she shook her head and thought for a moment. "No, not at all. Hmm, if my math is correct, I believe that I've been here for almost seven years now." She figured best not to give him an exact date so that he wouldn't remember what it was.

Last edited by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:04 pm

Daemeon nodded in response. “Seven years, that is surely a long time. Just tell me if any question is too personal. I don’t want to cross the line.” He gave a happy smile and looked down at the menu for a split second. “What would you recommend from here? Drink wise, that is.”

“You are revealing too much…” the Madness spoke again. “You are revealing too much about yourself... Remember the last time you got too close to someone…” Of course the demon remembered what happened to the last friend he had, his father used him as a pawn in his grand scheme.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Agreeing that seven years was indeed a long time Nyreena nodded with a soft sigh. "Quite. Seven long years of trials, disasters, and some things I never want to do again. But thankfully the last couple of years have been more than pleasant and I've been able to live a happier life." Hearing what Daemeon said as far as any questions being too personal she nodded again. "Oh, of course. I'll let you know right away so that we can talk about something else."

Glancing down at the menu herself she looked over to see what the shop served and mused for a few moments. "Hmm, I'd think I recommend the.....oh, the mocha Irish creme coffee. I've gotten it a few times before and it's really good." Looking up she wondered what he would say about her suggestion.
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:07 pm

“Then I’ll shall get the mocha Irish creme coffee.” Daemeon smiled a little and pushed his menu to the side. Now things would become interesting...

“So trials and disasters, you say? This place sounds rather eventful.” Daemeon propped his arms up on the table and rested his chin on his fingers. “So how often do these disasters happen? The atmosphere seems stable along with the cities ecosystem.” Daemeon may have already started collecting data on this world after roaming around for a few days. In fact, the demon had been quite busy since his outing with Ms. Eldred and her dragon companion...
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Nodding Nyreena softly smiled in return at his decision. "Alright then. I think I'll do the same as well. It has been a while since I've had one myself." Signaling a waiter she put their order in then turned her attention back to Daemeon for the next part of their conversation.

"Oh it was in the past for sure. I swear at one point we must have had two disasters back to back." Nodding once more she was surprised at how much the disasters were such in a pain in the neck to try and get through. Even the one she got killed by Kev in was hard. Trying her best to think she mused for a few long moments before looking at Daemeon. "Well, the best that I can remember that would happen at least....six months apart to one happening at least every year. To be fair I really don't remember since it's been so long since the last one happened so it's a bit hard to discern. So the most part it's been really nice to just go on with your life without having to worry about the world ending or something like that."
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:47 pm

Something disastrous… It would be a shame if something disastrous were to happen… Daemeon listened to Ms. Nyreena very carefully. So something bad usually happens every few months… Perfect. All the demon would have to do is remain off everyone’s radar and strike at the right opportunity…

The demon smiled. “I can agree. Back in my home realm, my father was responsible for a cosmic war with his younger brother, my uncle…” Daemeon looked down. “Sadly, I got the blame for starting it even though I helped restore my father to his former glory…”

“Once again… too much information…” the Madness growled in the demon’s head.
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:49 am

Continuing to wait for their order to come Nyreena listened to what Daemeon had told her and she gasped in shock at how awful that was. "Oh, that's terrible! I don't think I could ever imagine having to go through something like that at all!" Seeing Daemeon look down and heard what he said she couldn't help but to feel bad at that. "That's....that's just awful...."

As she thought about it she couldn't help but reflect on what she had learned about her birth father and all the terrible things he had done. Right now she was so glad that she wasn't the Ghost Zone and the others ghosts found out that she was Pariah's heir and treat her like it was her fault as well for what Pariah did to them all. She was pretty sure that she wouldn't be able to handle that kind of guilt slung at her without getting the chance to prove that she wasn't going to be like him.

By then their order had arrived and two mugs of the coffee were placed in front of them by their waiter. Once that he was done he left them alone so that they could continue their conversation until he was needed again.
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Wed Apr 04, 2018 10:36 am

Daemeon took a sip of his mocha and sighed contently. It was so delicious and soothing. Setting the cup down, he continued to speak. “That isn’t the worst of it, sadly. The only way to restore my father was to steal the essence of a celestial being of Light Energy…” He looked down at his cup. This is where things got tough for him. “And my father decided my best friend and only real cousin named Alexander was the perfect… candidate for his restoration. I thought I was saving Alex from his father’s wrath, but when we got a safe distance away… My father struck and stole his Light Energy.”

The demon was doing his best not to show how much this act had effected him, but he couldn’t stop a single tear from rolling down his cheek. The memory was still fresh in his memory even though at least a century had passed since the horrific event. The demon tried to shake the images that were flashing before his eyes, but it required him loosening his grip on his madness. “Weak… That’s what you are, Daemeon… Weak and pathetic…”
    Nyreena Dark Savaridin
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    40/40  (40/40)
    Health Bar:
    390/390  (390/390)
    Stamina Bar:
    68/68  (68/68)

Post by Nyreena Dark Savaridin on Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:54 pm

Nodding in understanding a bit Nyreena gasped when she heard that it was Daemeon's own cousin that his father chose. Feeling so awful she felt a few tears fall from her eyes, unable to imagine a being crueler using his own family in his wicked plot. Glad to know that Daemeon tried to get his cousin to safety she nodded then felt terrible for him that he still couldn't save him. Feeling even more awful she reached up to wipe the tears away that were falling down her cheeks. "Oh Daemeon, that's....that's so awful.... I can't believe that your father was so cruel and awful to go against his own family for something like this..."

Seeing the single tear that rolled down his cheek she felt so bad that he had an awful life of losing his cousin and friend and being blamed for starting for something he never did. Drying her eyes she cleared her throat a bit. "Per...perhaps we should change the subject to something else for now...."
    Daemeon Serpentongue
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    90/90  (90/90)
    Stamina Bar:
    14/14  (14/14)

Post by Daemeon Serpentongue on Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:21 pm

“Sounds like a good idea,” Daemeon chuckled. He wiped the tear for his cheek and took a deep breath. “So have you ever been outside of the city? I was out on the heartlands with Ms. Eldred and her dragon companion just the other day. It was quite an outing to say the least. I had fun as I am sure that Ms. Eldred and her friend had fun as well. We were looking for a place for her friend to live.” He took another sip of tea. “I don’t suppose if you knew if the older Daemeon stayed in town or outside of town?”

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:18 am