Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Re: Down With the Sickness

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:02 am

"As you can see, though, Scarlet's companion here must have gotten away from Anjeet and Nyreena before I could get back to him."

Earlier wrote:"I would very much like to stick around and help as much as I can, yes,"

"I was hoping that maybe we could bring the nano-bots to him at the Sanctuary after dropping Scarlet off, but this guy's about as loyal as it gets. Clearly he couldn't stand to be away from Scarlet for even that long."

Earlier wrote:"You might want to watch out for said companion I mentioned. He's very liable to come looking for Scarlet."

Anger wasn't an emotion that came to Dr. Salli very often. Why would it? Anger wasn't conducive to her job, certainly not useful when assisting a patient. But as Shai continued to try and explain himself, it felt like her body was being dunked in boiling oil. Hands that were normally steady began to tremble, her optics steely as she stared the bird-man down. His own words weren't matching up, there were gaps in logic here. Was he lying on purpose? Did he just not think this through? Did he intend to be so negligent?!

With a deep huff, Salli turned her gaze away from the other doctor and willed herself to concentrate. There was still a dehydrated patient to be helped, after all. Taking one of the IV bags and the drip in hand, she tended to Curiosity's slumbering form and sifted through his fluff until she found a vein. Her optics provided a bit of cheating, scanning his form to allow her to find it. With that settled, she moved as much as she could with her foot still pinned, draping the sheets around his form as best as she could. Satisfied with the purring patient's well being, she resumed stroking his head as she finally took notice of Shai once again.

"So, let me get this straight. You left him in the hands of two people with no medical training. You intended to go back for him, despite never mentioning that you needed to do that. You could have retrieved him and left Scarlet with me, I would have allowed that if you had told me there was another patient to be treated. You left me uninformed about Curiosity and only mentioned that he might come here. He got away from the people you trusted him with, who it seems, did not go looking for the sick creature that had been left in their care." A bad night indeed. The robot's mouth straightened into a firm frown. "As doctors, we are supposed to make the best call possible for the safety and health of our patients. You did right by Scarlet by bringing her here, but you left Curiosity. Whoever Anjeet and Nyreena are, I'm sure they're great people. But it isn't their job to look after him, that is our job. You have an important job here. Olabisi and Spenst are relying on us to deliver their children safely. They specifically asked for you to deliver their children! If you make another mistake of this caliber before they are born, I will not let you deliver those infants. Because I won't feel that I can trust you to make the right call."
    Shaiamils
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Shaiamils on Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:56 pm

It felt as if Shai's heart had leapt into his throat as he noticed his fellow doctor's telltale body language. He desperately racked his brain for answers, certain that he must have just said something horribly wrong, but in his current state of being, the answers did not come to him easily. Eventually, though, the realization hit him about as hard as a truck going full speed. Not only had he contradicted himself to the Pool of Souls and back, but he had done it again.

This wasn't an uncommon occurrence for him at the hospital. Often, whenever he was assigned more than one patient at once, he would call in another staff member for assistance. This was because, despite never meaning to, he would usually find himself significantly more focused on one patient over the other. Of course, this was never a particularly huge problem, seeing as these were hardly ever dire circumstances, but this was a dire circumstance. How could he ever hope to continue calling himself a doctor? How did he ever become one in the first place?

It seemed that the robotic doctor was thinking some of the same things he was. His beak hung open, feathery crest lowering sadly at what she told him. It felt as if his heart had stopped beating for a moment. No, there was NO way he could let things come to that!.. And yet...

He sighed, completely at a loss for words. Perhaps Scarlet and her big, fluffy companion weren't the only sick ones here? The avian shook his head at the thought. Sick, no, what was he saying? That was such a harsh word, but it this moment, it almost felt right. Could he really be sick in the brain?

"I, um.. I understand." He avoided eye contact with the robot. "If you have everything covered, I suppose I should leave now. I need to take care of some things."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Level : ??

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:02 pm

Dr. Salli was not without compassion, and it was clear that her words had upset the other doctor. However, the health of the patients took precedent over his feelings. If Curiosity hadn't found his way to the hospital, he might have died. Shai's decision making had not been sound tonight, and in her optics... It meant the other doctor had suddenly become a liability. From this day forward, she was going to keep him in her gaze to make sure this mistake would not occur again. It would take some time for him to prove himself to her again.

Case in point, the other doctor excused himself. The ambiguous wording did nothing to erase the frown on her face as Salli eyed him warily. "Leave? Does that mean you are going back to Scarlet? Or do you mean you're going home?" What did he have to take care of, aside from their other patient? Still a bit tense, Curiosity's purring helped to settle her somewhat. The rumbling was comforting. And what an adorable blep! Stroking the back of his fluffy head, the robot tilted her head at Shai, waiting to hear his answer.
    Shaiamils
    Terabyte

Terabyte

Level : 10

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    150/150  (150/150)
    Stamina Bar:
    20/20  (20/20)

Post by Shaiamils on Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:20 pm

"I was going to check on Scarlet one last time before I headed back home for the night," Shaiamils explained. "If she appears to be in stable enough condition, I'll be leaving. By the way, just a tip: Other than raw steaks, Scarlet's companion really seems to like tea for some reason. He came in on me while I was making it in the Sanctuary one night. I let him try some, and he went nuts. In a good way, of course."

Just as promised, the flustered and embarrassed doctor made her way to Scarlet's room. Fortunately, she still appeared to be in stable condition.

"Scarlet still seems to be doing just fine. Take care," he said to Salli as he left the building.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:44 pm

Back home?

He was going back home already? But she needed his help! Curiosity had fallen asleep on her foot, she'd needed his help just to get supplies for him! There were other patients in the building to tend to, and the new duo still had that odd curse they knew nothing about! Dr. Salli stared back at him, uncomprehending as the doctor decided to inform her on, of all things, Curiosity's eating habits. The hand not on Curi clenched into a tight fist as the birdman shambled away down to Scarlet's room. When he returned, it was with a quick message that Scarlet was fine, and telling her to 'take care'.

And just like that, Shai was gone. Gone where? Home? To sleep? The clenched fist shook, Salli's mouth pulling down in a grimace as the reality of the situation dawned on her. Her fellow doctor had scuttled off home and left her alone to handle these patients.

I have to make my rounds. I have to check on the other patients.

I have to check on Scarlet.

I have to stay by Curiosity. I shouldn't risk waking him, he needs rest desperately--

The other patients--

Scarlet Eldred, potential concussion. Curse? Dehydrated. Must check the IV bags--

Curiosity's bags will not last long, I must be diligent. I must remain by his side.

I cannot allow harm to come to my patients, any of my patients. I must protect them, I must tend to my patients, all alone--

Almost regretful, Dr. Salli pulled her hand away from Curiosity. As much as she would like to stay here, there was a job to be done. A job she would apparently have to do alone. Her hand provided all the tools she needed, the doctor working quietly and quickly. The primary tool was a screwdriver, though there were a couple of other odds and ends needed to make the procedure a success. No pain was felt. No squeamish sensation at the thought of digging into her own leg. Just quiet and hard work. At last, Dr. Salli pulled her calf free of her ankle. Stumbling back for a moment, she caught herself unsteadily with a metallic thunk. A far cry from the usual click of her heels. The foot had been safely removed, none the wiser for Curi to snuggle with as much as he liked. And in the morning, she'd be able to reattach it easily.

Staring down at the peaceful creature, the robot sighed to herself. "I'm sorry, Curiosity." The words were automatic, though no less genuine. Was she sorry that he'd been abandoned? Was she sorry she couldn't stay? Was she sorry he'd been cursed in the first place? Perhaps all three. There was no more time to be spent here. The other patients needed her. Optics turning cold, Dr. Salli left the waiting room and hobbled away.

Click. Thunk.

Click. Thunk...

Time: 8:00 AM
    Date: April 16, 0008

With a breakfast burrito in one hand and a delicious cappuccino in the other, Nurse Floyd was ready to start his day! Chomping down on eggs and bacon, Floyd paused mid-chew when he rounded the usual corner. Broken glass lay scattered around the door, several claw marks along the walls and columns as well as the ground leading inside. "...Hm." Well. That didn't look good. Swallowing thickly, the young man tiptoed closer stealthily. It was as if he imagined he'd now entered a spy movie! Another disaster, no doubt. Was Salli safe inside? Were the patients? Cramming the rest of his burrito into his mouth, the man chewed as fast as humanly possible!

Gulp!

Taking a swig of his cappuccino, the nurse slipped inside and felt ready to face anything! ...Except for a sleeping dragon right in the waiting room! Skidding to a stop, Floyd stared with his mouth hanging open. Wait. Wait. That's not a dragon, cause dragons have scales! They don't have feathers! So...a giant bird? Why exactly was there a giant bird, one that apparently broke into the place from the looks of it, just snoozing in the waiting room?! A glimpse of something metal under the creature's beak caught his eye. He'd recognize that heel anywhere! The nurse attempted to clasp a hand over his mouth to silence himself, but he honestly couldn't help a squeaked out "Holy shit!" before clamping his own mouth shut! The giant bird attacked Salli and ripped her foot off! Oh the...robo-manity!
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 2

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Tue May 01, 2018 1:29 am

By the next morning...Scarlet felt IMMENSELY better. It'd been around 5am when she had first woken in her room. All of the equipment...even her IV confused her. After a little bit of trial and error, the knight had managed to loose herself enough to walk around the room with the IV bag rack like a walking stick.

Perhaps not soon enough, because a startled voice had caught her ears from outside of the room. Hm... Carefully, she stepped towards the door. There should be enough slack... Ruby hues peered down at the wires, and she nodded. Yes, that should be fine to move a little...

Granted, she hadn't had to go far; the nargacuga wedged into the hall was hard to miss. Had that been what startled the person...? "Careful. He doesn't take loud noises well." She took a few more steps out of the room, looking at how beat her friend appeared to be with a deep-set frown on her lips. "Probably came looking for me..." The knight mumbled with a sigh. Though, as an after-thought, she decided it was probably worth trying to give the man some piece of mind. "...Don't worry. He's friendly to most."
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Level : 5

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Curiosity on Tue May 01, 2018 3:39 pm

The beast was truly and undoubtedly out cold, but subconsciously he could still feel things going on around him. It made him squirm, almost fight to wake up at what felt like a turmoil. The inorganic species, per say, he could quite understand how they were different aside from their obvious physical traits. They could die, be hurt, get sick, and each had a sort of uniqueness. The deviant couldn’t understand why anyone would feel or believe that these citizens couldn’t feel emotions. Sure they may not always show it or catch exactly how others felt, but doesn’t that just make them different? Let it be known, Curiosity still doesn’t know how they were hatched into the world.

They say that animals could sort of feel what others felt around them, like a sixth sense. Subconsciously the beast couldn’t locate the source of this white cold flame that he was feeling. It seemed like an anger that was so cold, somewhere in it might have been hurt and sadness. Oh if only he were able to wake up, but his body needed the rest and to rehydrate. It was too early to trust drinking so he didn’t wake to go looking for a sink to drink from. It was like he was trapped in his body, sort of awake but still sleeping. The curiosity in him wanted to know who could be giving off such a emotions and why. His newfound empathy, from when he arrived, made him want to wrap around this person and hide them from what hurt. Instinctively, the beast fluffed up slightly as quick steps retreated into the distance, perhaps out of the building.

As the doctor started to free herself the sleeping Curi shifted his head slightly, as if he’d subconsciously noticed what she was up to. Had he been a wake or capable of if the Silverwind would have released her foot and gave her a good nuzzling before going back under. Sadly he was stuck sleeping in such a state of exhaustion that there was nothing he could do. It was like he was paralyzed, helpless to comfort whoever that was.

“I’m sorry, Curiosity. “

His dark ear neatest the speaker flicked, a sign that he had heard. If he’d been awake the beast would have touched the top of his fuzzy head to theirs in a universal understanding and comforting gesture, alas he was sleeping deeply.

”prrrrzzzz....”

Click.Thunk.
    Click..Thunk...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chuch.. Crunch

Sniff..sniff.. something was coming.. something holding an unknown meat meal, which smelled delicious by the way. The beast stirred at the sound of glass being crushed under sneaky foot, he actually snuggled who he thought was the female doctor. The glinting shiny heel pillow he had was safely tucked under his strong furry chin. It still kept the perfect angle for his head to be comfortable, not to mention it made him feel like he wasn’t alone and was safe.

During his gruelling journey, no matter how short a distance it was from the sanctuary to this building, Curi felt entirely alone. He had been at death’s door while in the sanctuary, where he had hoped to find his rider. While dragging himself to where he was now the beast had felt utterly alone and with only his pure will power to drive him up the hill to and through the tight space of the building entrance. Even with all the bystanders he felt utterly alone and at some points lost the will to get back up on his shaky scraped up paws and keep going.

The tiny tip of his tongue twitched as the source of the food scent crew closer and halted a distance away. Curi has never actually tasted this particular mean, but it smelled similar to a bullfango a cooked one of course. It was thick with scent of boar fat and then has some sort of egg smell, but that wasn’t all it had that was just all the things this beast has tasted. Perhaps one day he would get the chance to sample flour and it’s many forms.

"Holy shit!"

"Careful. He doesn't take loud noises well.... Probably came looking for me......Don't worry. He's friendly to most."

So much for being under a one of those telltale ‘Please be quiet” signs. Drowsy nightmare red eyes blinked open as another voice joined in. With another blink the nargacuga raised its great sleepy head to see what the ruckus was about. He fur was still matted with blood and some of his stomach content, most of that were covered under conveniently placed hospital sheets that matched his stripes.

With a large toothy yawn the had exposed its dagger like teeth and the sharpness of his beak. Curi had been asleep facing the entrance he had crawling in through, the IV rack’s wheeled base was skillfully tucked under his wing and forepaw. It’s shiny metallic pole was hidden behind the membrane of the nargacuga’s wing. In the night he had shifted around a bit having gone through some positioning to compensate the healing of his internal organs. At one point Curi nearly flipped on to his back but the height of the ceiling g had gotten int he way, forcing him to just stay on his side or belly. Currently he was on his belly and curled around what had been the doctor but was not just a shiny chin polished heel and foot.

Forgetting that he had fallen asleep indoors the Deviant barely felt the top of his head go through the hollow ceiling. When Curi opened his eyes however he was met with its dusty and dark gap, making him shake his head and sneeze. As soon as re remembered the happening of the previous night the beast ducked his head and was greeted with the sight of a male that smelled like boar lard and earthy brown bean soup. He was never sure how humans could bring themselves to drink such a bitter brown smelling liquid.

”Grrr....”

With a low growl the deviant stared at the male who had disturbed his sleep. Who wouldn’t be grumpy if they were nocturnal and woken up early by a loud exclamation and a tasty smell? Curi glanced towards his pillow expecting to see a sleeping form of the doctor. Instead he saw a foot, now this woke him. Had he eaten the metallic woman? Or did she disappear? Oh shit, indeed!

Surprise lit the beast’s face as he shifted about licking odd the bed sheets that they laid on him. Then looking around he deviant spotted his Rider. His mind went blank with relieve and happiness, causing him to freeze and just stare at her happily.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Wed May 02, 2018 10:32 am

With a muffled yelp, Nurse Floyd turned to see who had arrived on the scene. A patient, obviously. She was in a gown and attached to an IV rack that she held as if it were a cane. He didn't remember seeing her come in before he'd been told to go home. Whoever she was, she must have arrived after. And she was apparently familiar with this bird? With a thick gulp, Floyd hesitantly let his hand drop from his mouth. "Okay, okay. No loud noises, got it." As the subject of their discussion began to awaken, the nurse backed up until his back connected to what was left of the entrance. Blood red eyes, sharp beak and some nightmarish fangs! Though now that the creature was stirring, he could spy something tucked under a wing. An IV rack...? Was he a patient too?

At the growl, Floyd took a deep breath in and out. Remember, animals can smell fear! Trying to steady his nerves, the hand not clenching his coffee tightly gave a soft wave. "H-ha-hey there! I work here. I'm uh...Floyd. Nurse Floyd. Sorry to wake you!" The creature's attention soon shifted towards to the young woman, turning from defensive and irritable to joyful. Alright, obviously those two knew each other. He sighed in some relief, though didn't find it had come back completely when his eyes dropped back down to the discarded foot. "So, if your friend is friendly to most, why's the head doctor's foot just sitting there with him?" Before Scarlet could answer, a nearby door opened. With a click of one heel and a heavier thud paired with it, Dr. SALLI shambled into the waiting room.

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Nurse Floyd. I assure you, it was completely harmless. Curiosity merely fell into a deeply needed rest and used me as a pillow. I...had to do my job." Aside from the lack of one foot, the robotic doctor was looking rough. The cyan lights that usually glowing from the robot were looking dim, as were her optics. Her shoulders were slumped as she turned to each of the patients. "Scarlet, I'm glad to see that you are awake." Stepping closer to Curiosity, SALLI ran her fingers through his fluff. Her touch was warmer than it'd been last night. "I am glad to see that you are awake too. How are you both feeling this morning?"

"Salli, pardon the language, but what the fuck? You just took your foot off?!" The human was still trying to grasp this, finding the very idea...odd. Her very state seemed off, he hadn't seen her like this unless they were truly swamped. Did these two patients really cause that much trouble for her, or did something else happen...?

"We'll discuss this later, Nurse Floyd. Right now, I need to check on the welfare of my patients." The doctor dismissed with barely a glance in his direction.

"I think you pulled an all-nighter and need to go recharge for an hour at the least." Fear finally gone, Floyd seemed to ignore the spooky bird as he walked over until he was standing next to it. Eye to optic with his superior, Floyd continued softly. "I went to college, Salli. I know how shitty pulling all-nighters can be! You need to rest."

Dr. SALLI finally looked at him, unsure. But the logic was...sound. She would not be doing her best work like this. She relented with a soft sigh. "Let me finish checking up on Scarlet and Curiosity first. Then...rest."

Floyd decided that would do, nodding softly before looking over both patients with a quirked brow. "So...what in the hell happened to you two?"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Fri May 04, 2018 12:33 am

"Compared to yesterday, I feel like I'm on top of the world." Scarlet chuckled, leaning a bit on the IV rack she was trailing along-side her. Still...what she must've put the doctors through warranted at least being a bit more respectful. Especially if Curiosity came hunting her down, too. "I haven't been having chills or hot flashes since I woke up...still a little weak, but that's probably from not keeping much down yesterday. Curiosity looks like he's doing a bit better, though he's probably going to need-..." The knight glanced to her companion with a knowing look as she trailed off. Bath would be the worst word to use right now.

Though, now that the pair were conscious, and the knight felt she could make sense of the situation, Scarlet turned her attention to Floyd. "The long and short of it is a Curse, apparently." She glanced back towards Curi for a moment, then sighed. "I took Curi to Lake Cordelia to clean him up after he got covered in melted icecream, didn't realize there was a demon lurking there... When it appeared, I defaulted to being diplomatic instead of making a run for it. It let us live, but...told us to 'go forth and carry it's blessing'...something like that. Afterwards...I kept having blips of time where my memories felt more like dreams, and during those I was...not the best person, to anyone. Then...when my mind finally started clearing, I was vomiting uncontrollably and passed out at home...slept some of it off after I got off of the kitchen floor, and...I went to the Sanctuary to look for Curi..." Salli could likely fill in from there what had happened. After all, that was when things took a turn for the worst.
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Curiosity on Fri May 04, 2018 3:04 pm

Blinking a few times the beast wondered why his rider didn’t seem as happy or excited to see him. Perhaps she wanted him to stay at the sanctuary? Then it dawn on him, maybe she did and he had let her down by following her here. The beast’s ears drooped, his beakmaw tilted downwards to wards the floor as he looked confused and almost sadly at Scarlet. Did she ask Shai to leave him? Was she trying to get rid of him? But why?

"H-ha-hey there! I work here. I'm uh...Floyd. Nurse Floyd. Sorry to wake you!"

Whats a nurse? Turning to the human that practically was drenched in fear, the beast tilted his head curiously at his apology. Was he really that intimidating? Some how the deviant’s demeanor looked smug and quite proud of being intimidating without trying. He drew closer, boldly stepping over the metallic heel to get closer to Nurse Floyd, who had been back into what was left of the entrance. It had struck him that the human still smelled like bullfango fat, and he was quite literally staving. His stomach had been emptied more than once the night before. All its contents littered the path he took to from central park to the sanctuary and from there to this building. By the time he had exited the sanctuary the beast’s stomach was just purging stomach fluid, no meat was left to be absorbed by his body. The night before he had avoided eating or drinking as he couldn’t seem to keep them down. Curi’s ears twitched and perked up at a familiar sound, turned to face source before he could recall why it sounded familiar.

"Prrrrrrrrrrrr..."

Click.Thunk.
    Click..Thunk...

"I'm afraid that's my doing, Nurse Floyd. I assure you, it was completely harmless. Curiosity merely fell into a deeply needed rest and used me as a pillow. I...had to do my job."

Curi’s jaw nearly fell off its hinge when he saw what the source of the thunking was, the Doctor with her foot missing and looking worse for wear. Good she was still alive and he didn’t eat her leaving just a foot to show for it, but she looked like she needed some medical attention herself or maybe a lot of rest. The beast skillfully turned round and crawled right to the gyoroid he was all too happy to see, after all she had brought him back from the prink of death. He did his best to curl around her and purr loudly to show his appreciation, he may not have smelled good but it was the thought that counts, right? The beast winced causing him to notice that something sharp was attached to his wingarm. It was the tiny needle like the on the female had used to inject him with the miracle healing nanobots. His still sleepy eyes followed the wire to a tiny bag attached to a metal pole on wheels and balanced with a hard board with paper clipped to it. Each time he moved  the whole metal rack and the attachments were displaced causing a rather painful reminder of their existence. Whoever had put it into him had taken into consideration that when he woke up he would try to move around, or worse remove them from his wrist. The clipboard contained a list of all the injuries and symptoms that he arrived with and an hourly notes of what had been healed and what was being started on, if his rider would like to know what had happened to her mount, or was that ex-mount?

"PRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr..."

"I am glad to see that you are awake too. How are you both feeling this morning?"
    "I haven't been having chills or hot flashes since I woke up...still a little weak, but that's probably from not keeping much down yesterday. Curiosity looks like he's doing a bit better, though he's probably going to need actual food and some other stuff…”

The nargacuga nodded as Scarlet spoke about what she felt, his little head bobbing was an indicator that he too felt the same. He limited his movements to as little as possible, as the bobbing was making him dizzy though not as much as the night before. As the human hinted about what he needed the beast thought about it, and even gave himself a few sniff at his belly. With a cringe he understood what the ruby eyes night was talking about, and this time he felt that he wouldn’t mind a bath so as long as there wasn’t any suddenly appearing naked wild demons that are ready to curse him. One round was enough. As the Doctor’s warmer than usual fingers ran through the beast’s fluffy matted coat, he purred with appreciation, but looked worried about his savior. Perhaps she was sick too?

"Salli, pardon the language, but what the fuck? You just took your foot off?!"
    "We'll discuss this later, Nurse Floyd. Right now, I need to check on the welfare of my patients."
    "I think you pulled an all-nighter and need to go recharge for an hour at the least. I went to college, Salli. I know how shitty pulling all-nighters can be! You need to rest."
    "Let me finish checking up on Scarlet and Curiosity first. Then...rest."
    "So...what in the hell happened to you two?"

The deviant's ear flattened as the human retold the much shorter version of their little tale, there had been many who were offended with their antics and a few that were hurt pretty bad physically by their actions. Curi couldn't help but feel guilty and responsible for them being cursed. If he hadn't gotten messy in the first place they wouldn't have been in the lake visiting the powerful demon and picking up its "blessing".

"PRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrr..."
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Fri May 04, 2018 7:31 pm

Hell yeah, the big creature was intimidating! Large wings, a pointy beakmaw, fangs, squinty red eyes... It was like staring into Death itself! Nurse Floyd may have had to patch people up after a disaster, but he had never had to fight off a scary beast. At least Scarlet seemed to know what she was talking about. The worst this beast was doing was just...well, looking scary. He was still a patient, as evidenced by the IV. Curiosity went on to prove that he had no ill intentions with his reaction to seeing Salli. He curled around her like an oversized house cat. It put the human on edge, but he had to admit that it was...kinda cute?

"Mm..." The robot doctor hummed lightly, hands stroking Curiosity's neck. The fluff was very comforting, even though he was in desperate need of a shower. There was so much to do. Always so much to do. Curiosity needed to be cleaned, it was about time for breakfast, Scarlet and Curi could probably take off the IVs... SALLI's processor was already buzzing with duties to do and work to be done. The other doctors could handle it...right...?

"If you have everything covered, I suppose I should leave now. I need to take care of some things."

Could they really...? Could any of the others handle this place when they could just leave at any time? Sighing to herself, Dr. SALLI focused on Scarlet. "That's very good. And you sound coherent, so you likely do not have a concussion." Her fingers played with Curi's fur. "Breakfast will be served soon. It might be best to try something light. If you're able to keep that and the water down, the both of you should be fine  to detach from the IVs." And then they could be free to move! In the beast's case, free to get a good bath.

SALLI focused her affections on Curi's head, listening as Scarlet gave a more in-depth explanation for this entire curse business. Nurse and doctor winced when Cordelia Lake was brought up. "Cordelia?! You're lucky to be alive, that thing usually just straights up kills people!" Not that being kept alive was any better. Carrying its blessing, vomiting uncontrollably... Floyd snuck a sip of his drink, nodding sagely. "Projectile vomiting is shit, I did that when I was in college. Food poisoning is a bitch. I guess the people in the Sanctuary got you both here? Or called Salli over?" He glanced to the doctor for confirmation.

"Shaiamils brought Scarlet, yes. Curi came...later. Alone..." Leaning against the purring beast, Dr. SALLI frowned. "He was in awful shape. I'm relieved you both have recovered. You're welcome to leave whenever you feel comfortable, but I'd advise resting here for a few more hours."

"Speaking of resting..." The nurse shot Salli a look.

"Soon, Nurse Floyd. You should get changed into your scrubs." Glancing at the human, SALLI stiffened her jaw and decided to take a chance. "...Think you can swing by the cafeteria and bring something for them to eat?" If these two could keep their food down, she'd feel much better about taking a break.

"Okay..." He didn't like her putting off her break, but the nurse wouldn't argue anymore in front of the patients. For a robot, she sure could be stubborn! Draining his cup dry, Floyd smacked his lips and looked Scarlet and Curi over. "Any preferences?"
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Sun May 06, 2018 12:49 am

No concussion huh? Well, that was definitely good news. She wasn't totally sure what they would be looking for IN a concussion, but...at the very least, it seemed like they were pleased with her recovery thusfar. Curiosity's too. Breakfast sounded wonderful, too. "I feel like I could eat a horse..." The knight admitted. Though...IVs? Was that what she was attached to? Scarlet peered at her walking stick for a moment, then nodded. Though, the nurse made her chuckle a bit.

"I gathered that much in the aftermath." She replied to the demon straight up killing people. Salli explained the rest to him, and Scarlet nodded. She was exactly right. Though, the fact she'd stayed with Curiosity so long, too, made her feel a lot better. "Rest will probably be best...though I would like to stay with him if at all possible. If he was worried enough to come here on his own, my being around might help him stay put and rest up." The knight looked to the psuedowyvern for a moment, smiling a bit, before Floyd asked if they had any preferences on food. "He tends to like meat...but if he was getting sick too, he should probably start eating on something lighter... I'd be willing to try apples or something."
    Curiosity
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    10/10  (10/10)
    Health Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)
    Stamina Bar:
    15/15  (15/15)

Post by Curiosity on Sun May 06, 2018 1:07 pm

”PRRRrrrrrrrzzzzzz....”

As the heated metallic fingers ran through his fur, Curi purred loudly to show his appreciation. The extra warmth and the rhythmic strokes was soothing as it was hypnotic, very much so that the beast had nearly fallen asleep again. His amber red eyes shut sleepily while his head slowly nodded, as if he was fighting to keep awake.

Thud!

Eventually, his beakmaw hit the once sterile floor with a soft thud. Unlike his previous state of rest where he couldn’t wake up, Curi woke up instantly. The force of his beakmaw hitting the ground was enough to jolt him back awake, which was quite comical even if he had missed the entire conversation.

Sniff!.. snorff!.

”Huff.. Trrr?....”

He could feel his fur heating with embarrassment while he sat up as high as the ceiling would let him and started to try and look busy by bathing himself.  With the last motion of his head dropping, the deviant thought it was wise to look like he had been trying to clean his chest fur the whole time. It was better than looking like he had fallen asleep which he had obvious my done. Lick. Lick. Ewww... There was no hiding it and there was no avoiding it, not that he wanted to, Curi was going to get a bath. Truthfully, the beast was thinking about places to find safe and deep enough water to get cleaned up with.

"He tends to like meat...but if he was getting sick too, he should probably start eating on something lighter... I'd be willing to try apples or something."

What’s an apple?

Tilting his great stripes head the beast looked at his rider, hopeful for an explanation. Perhaps it was edible? Hmmm.. most of the time when he asked that an amused ‘no’ was always his answer. So maybe this time it was some sort of procedure?

With a big toothy yawn the deviant give his rider an affectionate nuzzling. If he ha the energy he would be all up in her face with pounces, snuggles, and licks. For now his purring and nuzzling would have to do. He still had to figure out if she had a hand in featherbrained burd leaving him in the sanctuary. Curi has been barely conscious when they rushed out the door, and when he tried to follow them Nyreena multiplied and blocked his path. Sure the ghost had warmed him when he got the chills, but one doesn’t not simply get between a dying mount and his need to be at his rider’s side.

The tired stinky beast have relived sigh before going back to trying to clean himself. It was futile with his bad his vomit had soaked and dried deep into his fur, but he was hoping that one of the humans or the gyroid would catch his intent. There was no way he would feel comfortable eating in such a dreadful state. Even if the nanobots had finished mending his stomach Curi wouldn’t. He was just too dirty to think about food. Speaking of the nanobots, they were currently working on his internal organs. His lungs and ribs are among the first to mend as they had been the most uncomfortable to deal with.
    Dr. SALLI
    Non-Player Character

Non-Player Character

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    500/500  (500/500)
    Health Bar:
    1000/1000  (1000/1000)
    Stamina Bar:
    2000/2000  (2000/2000)

Post by Dr. SALLI on Mon May 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Dr. SALLI couldn't quite appreciate Scarlet's admission, merely offering her a small smile in return. Floyd, meanwhile, chuckled outright and gave Scarlet a toothy grin. "I know that feeling! Shame I already finished my breakfast burrito, I woulda shared! Though, you'd be out of luck, big guy..." He turned to the large creature, only to find him being lulled into a nap by SALLI! Bit by bit, the beast's head drooped until he smacked his chin on the floor and woke up immediately. The nurse stifled a snort, reminded of his old dog, and suddenly Curiosity didn't seem quite so scary. The robotic doctor was also tickled by the sight, but she turned contemplative once Curi began to lick at himself. Right, that was still an issue...

"That is absolutely no problem. After what happened last night, I actually think it'd be best for you two to stay together." Much convincing was needed to calm Curi down from his search for this woman. Now that the two of them were in stable condition, it seemed fair to allow them to be together once again. And Scarlet had it right, if she were to go back home, Curiosity would no doubt follow.

Meat and apples, weird combo. But Floyd had faith that he could rustle something up!"Got it! I'm sure I'll be able to rustle something up!" Shooting finger-guns at both Scarlet and SALLI, the man walked backwards through the swinging doors. Curiosity, as attentive and happy as he was, still needed a bath. The poor creature was quite sticky. Blood and vomit both stuck out in his fur. Licking would hardly do enough to help... Reaching into the pockets of her jacket with one hand, she stepped closer to Curi. Wordlessly, she felt for the IV and plucked it out of him with a small hum. A cotton ball was placed on the injection area, along with a water proof bandage. An arm swooped out for the IV rack and SALLI pushed it out of the way. "Let's go into the alley and get you rinsed off. I can't give you a proper bath, but a good rinse should help." She lead the way through the battered entrance, but not without reaching down to scoop up her detached foot. The doctor's walk was unsteady as she lead the way, calf still clanking bluntly along the floor.
    Scarlet Eldred
    Gigabyte

Gigabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    0/0  (0/0)
    Health Bar:
    70/70  (70/70)
    Stamina Bar:
    12/12  (12/12)

Post by Scarlet Eldred on Thu May 10, 2018 2:41 pm

The knight's stomach grumbled in retaliation as Floyd explained about his devoured breakfast burrito. Scarlet glanced down, embarrassed, before grinning faintly. "Burritos are always welcome, too." She chuckled, then, before glancing to Salli with an appreciative nod.

"I'm sorry I won't be much use in getting him cleaned up at the moment..." The woman smiled apologetically, then. She was tired and hungry, and...for whatever reason, really craving a drink. Alcoholic, or otherwise. She wasn't going to be terribly picky at the moment. Though, it was a bit embarrassing to be running around in a hospital gown of all things. She glanced down once again, frowning, before she headed back to her room. Once back inside, she flopped herself down in a chair and sighed, stretching out her legs a bit more properly. Mmm...feeling a bit weak, but not terrible, she thought to herself.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Jun 23, 2018 12:10 pm