Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Advice Regarding Demons...

Post by Knock Out on Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:01 am

Time: Noon
    Date: April 23, 0008

Knock Out didn't often find himself in the residential district. This area of the city was far too domestic for his tastes! Dogs were barking happily from their yards, there was the sound of screeching children enjoying the sunshine, and there was a sign advising that people drive below 50 MPH. What a travesty! The mech eyed the speed limit sign with no small amount of distaste before he moved on down the sidewalk. He always preferred driving where the speed was a bit flexible, and that usually translated to the highways outside of the city. This district in particular had so many easy targets for speedsters like him. Only in the gravest of times was Knock Out called to this area, and this time it was his decision!

Spying the house in question ahead, the mech navigated around a few pedestrians. Things had settled back into a delightful quiet, though it also made Knock Out all the more suspicious. Now more than ever, he needed to get information. But from who? That was the question, and he may just have his answer! He came to a stop before the house, pausing with his servoes on his hips to look it over. It'd been a while since Knock Out had last been here. The yard was well-maintained, and the atmosphere coming from the creamy shingles just screamed welcoming vibes. How did organics make these weird boxes their home? They didn't even move around on their own! Talk about useless.

He vented lowly to himself and stepped forward. Each footstep left a resounding clank to announce his arrival, before he eventually reached the scarlet door. Good taste in colors, at least. Probably Fear's doing. Speaking of, the ghoul was sure to enjoy a little house visit from his favorite mech! Smirking to himself, Knock Out raised a fist and rapped his knuckles on the door.

Knock knock!
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Advice Regarding Demons...

Post by Fear on Mon May 21, 2018 10:34 am

It wasn't everyday a visitor came to pay their respects, but when they did...

Knock knock!

They were sure to be loud, full of bluster, and - above all else - obnoxious. A cacophony of paws and frantic barking erupted from inside, and every dog in the household awoke with a start. "Feh... damn sssolicitorsss," Fear grumbled. Newspaper rustled loudly in the background as a certain ghoul displayed mild annoyance, his previous train of thought distracted. He gave his current page a good shake and fussed about having to yet again find where he left off. Reading with the glassy eyes of a corpse was a madman's task. Yet here Fear was, stubborn as always; just like the persistent nuisance loitering about his front door. The helmeted superfiend had half a mind to shamble over and thrust his hand through the perpetrator's heart. "What obnoxiousss racket," he hissed, disgruntled. Between receiving an unplanned visitor and the dogs having a boisterous go, Fear didn't know which was worse.

"Biddy, Jamesss, Ossscar, Percy, Cujo, Butch, Metusss, Penny!" The ghoul barked and the dogs listened, their ears perking straight up. "Isss that how we great our guessstsss, hm? Come now, I've taught you better than that. Sssit down and let me ssee who it isss. If they're rotten, you may tear down their trousssersss and nip at their anklesss." Tails vigorously wagged at the proposition as Fear stiffly rose to his towering height and hobbled out of the living room.

An odd name, that.  

Odder still was the fact that no life signs were detected beyond the front door. Who was on the other side?

Creeeeeak...!

"Eh! We don't want what you're peddling. Go a - oh, Knock Out." Now this was a surprise. Sure enough, the Cybertronian stood on Fear's doorstep and looked mighty fine, his metal plates waxed and his crimson finish stunning. It was hard expecting anything else from such a dandy. Decrepit talons scratched at the ghoul's buttocks as Fear looked his 'guest' over, ghostly eyes flaring bright with a dying glow. "To what do I owe the pleasssure of thisss unexpected meeting?" he inquired civilly. No phone call, no written note, not even one those newfangled text messages or emails... Poor form, all throughout. Perhaps there was a reason for Knock Out's departure out of his stomping grounds, however? At the very least, Fear supposed he could entertain the showboat for a minute or two.

Anything more than that, though, and the ghoul was likely to send Knock Out on a one-way trip to the shadow realm.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 46

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Sat May 26, 2018 11:09 pm

Behind the door barked the hounds of Baskerville! Not really, of course, but they might as well be the hellish hounds. Frowning with distaste, Knock Out crossed his arms over his chassis. Lunette and Marissa were nice as far as furry critters go. But the pack of dogs that lived here with Livewire? Eh... Far too noisy. How could Fear live in this house? And imagine the shedding...! Ugh! The frown shifted into something of a smirk at the sound of the ghoul's chiding within. Naturally, the shambling corpse was the alpha of the house and the dreaded dogs heeded his words. With those pests taken care of, the mech could hear the telltale creaking and shuffling of the man as he made his way to the door. A true zombie, though you'd never hear Knock Out say that out loud.

"Yes, it's me. The unique and ever pleasant Knock Out~!" With a servo to his chest, the mech stepped back for an elegant bow. His helm dipped low before peering back up with a cheeky smirk. "Sorry to disappoint, but I've no trousers for your mutts to tear down. They'll have to make due with my ankles." Righting himself, the crimson mech wasn't surprised by the former Judge's rather...gross habits. It was still distasteful and he 'politely' averted his optics to focus on the taller being's metal helm. "Whaaat? Am I not allowed to merely...hop over for a visit with my favorite customer? You wound me, Fear!" How insensitive! How rude! The flamboyant tart threw in a pout for good measure, looking well and truly wounded. Only once his acting had been allowed to settle did Knock Out shift. He eyed his talons with feigned disinterest, knowing that if he let on to just how eager he was for this advice that the ghoul would be on him like an owl with a mouse. Better to play it cool.

"Though, now that you mention it... Some tips on how to deal with a demon might be nice." Grinning sheepishly, the mech shrugged. Cool as a cucumber. "I seem to have gotten on the wrong foot with one, crazy right? And well, it's better to be safe than sorry... And who could know more about weird supernatural things than you?" What with Fear being a weird supernatural thing and all, it practically wrote itself. However, Knock Out knew more might be needed to sweeten this little deal. "If you give me something especially juicy..." Letting the word purr out of his vocalizer, the mech winked and clenched his servo into a firm fist. "I might be generous enough to give you and your little purse some sort of discount at the drive-in!" A steep price to pay, but it'd be worth it for the extra security for himself and his employees.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:16 pm

Well, considering who owned these slobbering mutts, they might as well have been ravenous hellhounds. "Hm, unique and pleassssant, isss that right?" Fear echoed. Amusement dangled on the tip of his rotted tongue. Not the adjectives he would've used, but the helmeted ghoul wasn't writing Knock Out's questionable 'fantasies'. Autofellatio just wasn't Fear's style. "And be careful what you wisssh for, mech. You might get more than you've bargained for." Point in case, Percy.

Of all the dogs, Percy was the most amicable. Stout, rotund, and a pinch obtuse, the English bulldog was nevertheless brimming with charm and, of course, saliva.   

Huff...~! Huff...~! Huff...~!

He waddled down the porch steps, determination gleaming in his brown eyes, and proceeded to do what Percy did best: be utterly adorable. The wrinkly pup fumbled over Knock Out's feet and threw his weight against them, having himself a mighty fine seat. Satisfied with such an exquisite choice, Percy sprawled out as far as his roly-poly body could muster and happily looked back at his master and the others. Rivers of drool trickled down his wrinkly muzzle with every pant. "Hu hu~!" Fear couldn't help but snigger at the display, eager to witness Knock Out's reaction. "Be mindful of hisss anklesss, Percy. We wouldn't want them getting dirty, now, would we?" The English bulldog simply licked his bumpy chops and panted even harder.

"Whaaat? Am I not allowed to merely...hop over for a visit with my favorite customer? You wound me, Fear! Though, now that you mention it... Some tips on how to deal with a demon might be nice."

Demons, eh? Now that was especially relevant to Fear's interests. "Hm..." Sensing that this wasn't a five-minute conversation (it never was with Knock Out), the ghoul quietly shut the front door behind himself and prepared for a good afternoon chat. He stepped forward and expressed contemplation, arms folded across his emaciated chest. "I do indeed know quite a bit about the sssupernatural," Fear rasped, his otherworldly voice resonating, "but even I have limitsss to sssuch knowledge. What demon have you ssspurned, and why doesss it ssseek to hound you ssso?" Tut! Look at this large red ham, hoping to smooth-talk yours truly with promises of discounts. It took all of Fear's willpower not to openly snort at the mech's shameless bribery. "Ssso long asss you give Kev a good deal, I do not sssee the harm in 'assssissssting' you with thisss matter. Now, if you'd be ssso kind, the demon?" How that damn Knock Out managed to get on the wrong side of Hell was anyone's guess.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:13 pm

Posturing came to a stop, the mech's crimson optics narrowing at the ghoul's echoed words. "Exactly right, my good friend." The way Fear spoke, it was as if he was implying that Knock Out wasn't unique and pleasant! How rude. "Tsk." He flicked a wrist, disinterested. "What's the worst that a mutt could do?" Look at these furry creatures. He eyed one that was approaching, it was one of the wrinkly ones. Flappy jowls and overly shiny brown eyes, the dog was admittedly not much of a hellhound. With a stoic look in his optics, Knock Out watched the pup waddle over, only reacting once the dog had decided to claim him as its seat!

"H-hey! Move it, mutt!" Eugh! He could feel the warm, fuzzy body just pressing against his plating! And even worse, it was drooling! Flecks of saliva dripped from its mouth like a fragging leaky faucet! "Disgusting...!" Grimacing, Knock Out reached out to shove the pup off...! Only the sight of his sharp talons kept him from grabbing the dog. They remained poised above the oblivious dog, who looked back at his master for approval. His helm turned to follow the canine's gaze, looking distressed. "Why is this dog so messy?!" Knock Out still needed Fear's help, and injuring his beloved dog even on accident would likely keep him from getting the advice he sorely met. This dog was a trap, that's what he was! With that goofy look in his eyes, pretending to be innocent... Just as shameless as Fear's little boyfriend. "If this dog defecates, you have to free me Fear!" The mech seemed to 'stand down', servoes retracting back to his side although he was still displeased by this weight on his pedes. Ugh. He was going to need to scrub off all this slobber.

An outside chat, was it? Fine by Knock Out, since he was stuck by the dog. His attention shifted up towards the ghoul as he stepped closer. Seems mentioning the supernatural grabbed his attention. The mech held back a smart remark and just listened. Servoes settled upon his own hips, shifting his weight to one side as best he could. "The idiotic kind." Knock Out snarked, looking haughty. If it weren't for the drive in and his employees, Daemeon would be treated like a fly to be swatted. But with more people to get hurt and under his watchful optic, it was smarter to be more prudent. With a huff, he again waved his servoes flippantly. "Yes yes, your purse shall get a marvelous deal! Not that he can even eat that much..." What an evolutionary oversight. Oh, but he owed the ghoul some answers, yes?

"The demon is Daemeon, and I got on his bad side simply by remembering the deeds of the old. You remember his antics during the thorns disaster? Well, when he first showed his face in the Sanctuary, I remembered who he was and made it clear that I thought he was a snake in the grass! Now he's upset with myself, and Scaramouche as well, for revealing his true nature." Trailing off, the mech suddenly looked amused. Chuckling to himself softly, he grinned back at Fear. "He actually crushed a glass in his own hand just because he got upset with me! All I did was play dumb and innocent, pretending to give him an olive branch of peace, and he blew up like a fool! For someone who's so upset his cover was blown, he's certainly made no effort to seem like an upstanding person." It'd be laughable if it weren't so pathetic.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:57 pm

"What's the worst that a mutt could do?"

Oh, how tempting it was to have the dogs piss right then and there on the Cybertronian's leg... The amount of bitching would be nothing short of glorious! For now, though, Percy was doing just fine. "Hu hu! Calm thyssself, Knock Out," Fear urged, amused by the machine's fussing. What a prima donna. "He will not sssully your immaculate finisssh. Percy isss a good boy - a very good boy." And lo, the little bulldog practically glowed with endless adoration for his foul-smelling, helmeted master. The rest of the mangy pack simply huffed and plodded away from the door, no longer fascinated by the shiny red stranger and their master's favourtism. Oh woe, such betrayal!

Anywho, the demon.

The demon that Knock Out just couldn't seem to tolerate. Whoever could this lucky fellow be?

"The demon is Daemeon, and I got on his bad side simply by remembering the deeds of the old. You remember his antics during the thorns disaster? Well, when he first showed his face in the Sanctuary, I remembered who he was and made it clear that I thought he was a snake in the grass! Now he's upset with myself, and Scaramouche as well, for revealing his true nature."

...Huh! For once during their conversation, the superfiend field mildly... astonished. "Now that isss a name I have not heard in a long, long time," Fear hissed. Well, that wasn't entirely true. Kev wasn't a fan of the blighter, and neither was yours truly. Still, hadn't they killed the demon way back when? "Feh." The ghoul snorted and accompanied his vocal displeasure with a lazy gesture of his hand. "Daemeon isss a buffoon," he remarked, "and I imagine the idiot will get himssself either killed or banissshed sssoon enough. He isss dumber than a sssack of hammersss." For example: Daemeon blowing a gasket once his past came resurfacing out of the murky waters like a bloated corpse. What a nimrod. Fortunately, the demon was a nimrod who played right into their hands. The ghoul lightly shrugged, "Asss sssomeone who hasss rectified Daemeon'sss nonsssenssse before, I can tell you what isss going to happen - he'll vanisssh." Bam, easy. No hocus pocus, no smoke and mirrors, no nothing. Just the Plain Jane, unadulterated truth.

"Eh, I'd give it time," Fear shrugged again. He clearly didn't seem fazed about Daemeon one bit. Irritated, yes. Aghast, no. "I alssso reckon he'll ssstir up trouble in the usssual Daemeon fassshion, but it will be ssshort-lived; much like everything about the demon. You needn't any charmsss or wardsss for your bussssinesssss. Sssimply kick him out if he appearsss and wait. He ssshall be gone before you know it, mark my eternal wordsss." And really, who could argue with Fear's logic?
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:26 pm

Keep calm and carry on, eh? Easy for Fear to say, it wasn't his finish on the line! The mech growled, crimson optics darting from the amused ghoul to his far too cheerful pooch. "Yeah, a good boy. With good drool, and a good fuzzy butt!" His lip plates curled at the bits of drool that continued to drip from the dog's maw. At least the rest of those mutts sulked away inside of the house. Not this wrinkly pup, though. Nope, it seems he was here to stay, forever planted on Knock Out. Would he ever escape? Was he doomed to become a statue here in Fear's front porch? The obvious bond between the two made it clear that attempts to remove the dog could be...disastrous. Last thing he needed was a demon and a zombie coming after his aft!

Begrudgingly, the mech allowed the dog to stay put, though not without a sour look and a huff. He attempted to move on to Fear's reaction instead, letting out an amused chuckle. "I know, right? A real blast from the past!" Knock Out would usually be as expressive as can be, but with a certain little passenger... he settled for crossing his arms over his chassis and attempting to lean to the side. "I'd certainly like to watch! I'd forgotten how annoying that demon was..." There were still many memories associated with the demon that were fuzzy, but the Cybertronian remembered him being a moron!

"Asss sssomeone who hasss rectified Daemeon'sss nonsssenssse before, I can tell you what isss going to happen - he'll vanisssh."

Oh ho? Was there a checkered past here? A metal brow rose with interest, partnered with a smirk on his facial plating. "You did? Sounds like there's a story, there." Would he indulge Knock Out's curiosity? ...Probably not. Either way, his amusement was tempered by Fear's prediction. "Vanish...?" Hm... Well, now that he was thinking about it, what did happen to the other Daemeon? One day he was there, gone the next! No fireworks, no grand scheme, just...nothingness. If it hadn't been for the newest incarnation, the Cybertronian would have forgotten the demon even existed!

"Well, it's not the exciting sort of advice I expected, but..." With a being like Fear, he thought there'd be a grand ritual. Perhaps a burning of candles and incense, sprinkling oils across the Drive-In, or something! Like the Exorcist! Simply waiting for Daemeon to get bored like a child having a tantrum wasn't what he'd expected. And it didn't really feel like it was worth the deal. But what was the worst that scaly goober could buy with his discount? "Your logic is sound, as is your advice." Even if he didn't get to be a demon hunter, it was a relief to know that fool would probably disappear into nothingness. Knock Out would be safe, as would Scaramouche and his employees. "Here's hoping he vanishes sooner rather than later. The moron has caused quite the stir so far!"
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:25 pm

"With good drool, and a good fuzzy butt!"

As if a good boy required anything else, dear Knock Out.

An amused, dissonant chuckle escaped the ghoul. Story-time! And a fond one, at that. "Let usss jussst sssay that Daemeon overessstimated hisss... abilitiesss," Fear rasped. There was more to it, don't worry, his little diva. "Back in the day, Kev and I had a deal - he wasss to ssscratch my back and I wasss to scratch hisss. And while I won't tell you what I demanded, he required a gesssture of good faith. Daemeon wasss hisss price, and the demon'sss life wasss one I wasss all too happy to pay. He made the foolisssh missstake of earning Kev'sss ire one too many timesss." Now for the juicy bits, because that's what a prissy sadist like Knock Out wanted to hear.

The helmeted superfiend rubbed his leathery hands together and appeared quite the grinning imp, "I let Kev drink of my otherworldly power and sssubsssequently rupture the demon'sss head asss if it were an overripe melon, ha ha! Blood and brain matter sssprayed everywhere. Oh, it wasss orgasssmic..." A murder story from a murderous soul. Honestly, was anyone surprised?

In regards to the details of Daemeon's inevitable vanishing... eh, Fear was hardly fussed about the 'when' and 'how'. He simply knew it will come to pass and that was plenty good enough. "It isss not grandiossse, no..." the ghoul murmured, "but with an imbecile like Daemeon, consssider that a blessssing. He hasss causssed enough trouble assss it isss." Him and that stupid girl, Nyreena. A circus of fools! The ghoul huffed and idly scratched at his rancid buttocks. "I would not be sssurprisssed if the demon leavesss unfinissshed busssinessss - one lassst laugh. Mark my wordsss and mark them well: thisss isssn't finissshed yet - far from it."

Consider this ill omen as a courtesy.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:01 pm

"No surprise there." From everything Knock Out had ever seen of this goon, Daemeon overestimated himself greatly! Oh, but what a story this was... The mech's metallic brow arched in interest, a light smirking pulling on his mouth. The relationship between Fear and Kev was a very odd one to him. One was a derpy little purse, the other a sadistic undead creature. How that worked in a romance was beyond him, but it seems there was a bit more to it! "Mixing business with pleasure, were you?" He lilted, unable to resist teasing the informative ghoul. Now, that happy go lucky fool had been the one to ask for Daemeon's death? A fist firmly planted itself upon a hip, expression dubious. "Ire? From that scaly little f-...fiend?" At the last second, the Cybertronian caught himself and avoided calling Kev a freak.

Things got even juicier as Fear revealed how the fool had been taken out before! While borrowing from the ghoul's array of supernatural powers, the alien had blown Daemeon's head up as if it were a hot dog in the microwave! Knock Out cringed, but there was a fire in his crimson optics. A murderous glee, fueled onward as he envisioned what it must have looked like! Kaboom! Such great word use to describe the altercation as well. The mech let out a rich chuckle. "I assume that's when you fell in love with him?" Not a bad way for a romance to start, in his humble opinion. Vindictive murder for a being who was best left dead! What more could one ask for besides a bouquet and a box of chocolates?

"I would not be sssurprisssed if the demon leavesss unfinissshed busssinessss - one lassst laugh. Mark my wordsss and mark them well: thisss isssn't finissshed yet - far from it."

Hm... A contingency plan of sorts. A good plan, especially since Daemeon now knew there had been another of himself here before. The smart thing to do would be to leave a parting gift! You know, in the case that he were to vanish, be murdered for good, or otherwise just go along his merry way. Knock Out gave his chin a thoughtful stroke, savoring these words of advice as if they were a fine Energon. "Things have indeed been more...dramatic, as of late. But! It does my spark a lot of good to hear that Daemeon will not linger here forever. Even if he has a last laugh, at least it will be his last! And then we can all move on with our lives." He paused, considering the other for a moment. "If I ever stumble upon this...last laugh, I'll buy you a drink. You know, for calling it and all." Perhaps a Scottish Whiskey?
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:46 pm

"Nyeheheee~! Guilty asss charged," Fear remarked unabashedly. "And yesss, ire. Daemeon and Kev have had quite the passst together. It isss not sssomething I am at liberty to dissscussss, however." So no juicy deets for you, Knock Out! It was nothing personal.

"I assume that's when you fell in love with him?"

...Hm! What to say and how much? The ghoul eventually shook his iron helm, "No, that isss not when my sssoul tethered itssself to him. We had great fun that night, but it wasss hardly romantic." And honestly not much to write home about. Fear succinctly left it at that and resumed with their main tangent. "Dramatic, hm?" He paused for a moment, re-crossing his arms while considering the mech's implications. "Kev'sss mentioned a few thingsss about the latessst happeningsss, but I ressspect hisss boundariesss enough not to pry. Care to indulge thisss old ghoul with a few crumbsss?" It went without saying that things hadn't been the... same, due to a glaring absence. It had the superfiend feeling vulnerable - at times morose - and every now and then he craved a bit of gossip to fill in the blanks throughout his sullen days.

"Daemeon will vanisssh, ressst asssured," Fear hissed calmly. "And ooh, a drink? A fancy one~?" Even if the effects of alcohol had diminished years ago, the ghoul would be an utter fool to pass on Knock Out's generosity. Hell, the generosity was more appetizing than the drink itself! "Deal," he nodded. "You ssstumble upon Daemeon'sss lassst laugh and then ssstop by for a visssit. Knowing the demon, you will have quite the ssstory to tell." The superfiend could almost bet his eternal un-life on it.

Almost.
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    510/510  (510/510)
    Stamina Bar:
    92/92  (92/92)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:16 pm

"Guilty you say?~ How scandalous!" Knock Out shifted, pivoting his hip out as sharp talons fanned themselves against his chassis flamboyantly. "I'd wag my talon at you, but perhaps this is a good sort of guilt." It wasn't like he had much regard for laws himself anyway. "Hmm..." His metallic brows narrowed, wilting ever so slightly. "You're deliberately making it sound so juicy just to make me squirm, aren't you? Well, fine! I'd oh-so-hate to land you in the doghouse~!"

So the murder was not what kickstarted their star-crossed romance. A shame, because that would be one heck of a story. Following Fear's lead, the mech left that conversation thread to die and merely smirked as the ghoul quickly nibbled at his bait. Hook, line, sinker. "I suppose I can indulge you. Toss you a few scrumptious bread crumbs to chew on. What're friends for?" Calling the two of them 'friends' was definitely quite generous, but Knock Out did so love to gossip! "Primus, where to start..." A slim talon tapped across his own faux-goatee in thought. When did the latest drama begin? "Well, we've got a new vigilante who's going to be keeping an eye on our little demon friend! Person by the name of Batman, dresses like an actual bat. It's all very silly, and the man wouldn't know funny if it came up and bit him on the aft! Still, he seemed to take our concerns about Daemeon seriously." He gave a little shrug, kibble bouncing lightly at the motion.

"Daemeon hasn't done much besides be an obnoxious pill. He might as well be wearing a sign that says 'I'm not really evil! Trust me please!'. Nyreena's trying to slide her way in and pretend to be his friend to get some dirt on his plans. I don't see that going well but! It's her funeral! Or...not...funeral." The mech grunted, flicking his wrist flippantly. "And then there's been some drama at the hospital! Two new people went poking around in the Demon Lake and got themselves cursed. After acting real funny and twitchy, the two apparently became feverish! Shai dropped the ball, taking only one of them to be treated while the other was left in the Sanctuary. He eventually made his way there, in very bad shape, and Shai earned a reprimand from Dr. SALLI. For whatever reason, Shai then decided to leave her holding the bag with two incredibly sick patients! He's been guilt-ridden and upset by his mistakes, but all of this has had my poor Nightingale and our sweet Lulu in such a tizzy!" Knock Out frowned, truly sympathetic for the feelings of his friends. Fear asked for bread crumbs and came away with an entire loaf!

"You name it, I buy it." The mech winked, playful once again at the idea of this bet! He held out a servo to the shambling corpse, long talons extended out to make this deal nice and official! "Tsk. The worst that fool could come up with is probably no worse than your sweet little hound here!" An ankle biting freak, and nothing more.
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear Yesterday at 11:05 pm

Tut! Knock Out was such a card... What was it with robots and their glitchy souls? A rear-scratching bumpkin like Fear would never comprehend the finer nuances between man and machine, but the superfiend did appreciate a good banter. He also enjoyed a riveting story to further occupy his infinite time, and a splashy fellow like Knock Out wasn't one to disappoint.

"Well, we've got a new vigilante who's going to be keeping an eye on our little demon friend! Person by the name of Batman, dresses like an actual bat. It's all very silly, and the man wouldn't know funny if it came up and bit him on the aft! Still, he seemed to take our concerns about Daemeon seriously."

"Bah, vigilantesss! They are more trouble than they are worth." Fear was clearly disapproving of such arrogant lawbreakers, thinking themselves above the judiciary system, and he would've dismissed everything Knock Out recalled had the mech not brought up a familiar name. A familiar, aggravating name. "I hope to meet thisss vigilante one day," the ghoul rasped, "ssso that I may have the honoursss of ssstringing him up by hisss ssshoelacesss and let him hang for the crowsss to - ...wait, did you sssay Batman?" Ugh, no! If ever there was a name he didn't wish to hear again, it was surely that one. With a pained - "Ssss...!" - hiss, Fear raked his yellowed talons down the sides of his iron helm and nearly pissed himself in anger. "Batman!" he howled. The world seemingly rumbled by the sheer volume of the superfiend's voice alone. "Oh do I loathe sssuch a masssked crusssader, thisss Batman!" There was history here. Question was, would Knock Out become privy to it?

By the time Nyreena's disgusting name was thrown into the mix, Fear was frothing at the mouth, his blazing eyes peeking betwixt his gnarled fingers. "Abhorrent creature!" the ghoul spat. The irony was not lost upon him, but even he considered himself miles better than the ghost-girl and her incessant need for angst. "Becaussse of her, Kev hasss had to sssuffer! I want her dead - again." Daemeon's simpering tomfoolery was of course a given, but Nyreena's is what truly earned Fear's eternal ire. She never learned, that vapid imbecile; not even when the community at large refused to interact with her, and for bloody good reason!

"And then there's been some drama at the hospital! Two new people went poking around in the Demon Lake and got themselves cursed. After acting real funny and twitchy, the two apparently became feverish! Shai dropped the ball, taking only one of them to be treated while the other was left in the Sanctuary. He eventually made his way there, in very bad shape, and Shai earned a reprimand from Dr. SALLI. For whatever reason, Shai then decided to leave her holding the bag with two incredibly sick patients! He's been guilt-ridden and upset by his mistakes, but all of this has had my poor Nightingale and our sweet Lulu in such a tizzy!"

Ah, but this was new - tasty. Fear knew of the avian doctor, yes (and he wasn't impressed). But what's this about two ignorant souls pestering the demon in the lake? "Eh... that overgrown turkey cannot empathize for a pence," the ghoul openly scoffed. Shaiamils was much like Nyreena, but differed in one way: he was far more ignorant, whereas the ghost-girl proved herself selfish time and time again.

Fools, the both of them!

"It sssaddensss me to hear that Lunette hasss sssuffered becaussse of the doctor'sss actionsss." And this did Fear sincerely meant. The ghoul had no love for the honking tinman, but he loved his Beer Mom dearly. "I hope tragedy befallsss thossse who ssspurn the community for their own basssselessss needsss, and that they know nothing but misssery for the ressst of their worthlesssss dayssss." Harsh! But Fear was a harsh soul, and he took no pity on those who wounded his loved ones. As for the drink itself? Here, he scratched at his metal chin and toyed with the leathery wrinkles of skin dangling beneath it. "Hm, definitely a good ssscotch whissskey," Fear answered after giving it some thought. There was of course Glenvilet and Glenfiddich, and such introductory names to a novice drinker, but the undead fancied a little something... more, and knew better than to break Knock Out's purse.

After another handful of seconds longer, he finally nodded. "Make it Talisssker - 18 year old. The 25 if you are feeling generousss, ha ha." A wee drink from the homeland would be incredibly refreshing. Percy was also a very good hound, but something told Fear that Daemeon's final trick wouldn't be quite as sweet...

In fact, it was probably going to sting.

A lot.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:40 pm