Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Re: Advice Regarding Demons...

Post by Fear on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:03 pm

Look at this polished prima donna, brazenly judging a Judge. That alone was worth a good night on the rack! Fortunately for Knock Out, Fear neither had a rack large enough nor the interest in purchasing one. Where would he put such a thing, and without hearing any of Kev's subsequent bitching? "You know, you're sssmarter than you look," the ghoul quipped, enjoying a little barb of his own. That unfortunate pun, however, elicited a disapproving grunt. "Vigilantisssm isss indeed againssst the law, and the Batman isss far more competent than he looksss in thossse absssurd tightsss. He isss alssso sssurprisssingly resssourceful... We would have had hisss head if it wasssn't for Dredd." As was par for the course whenever it concerned the Mega-City Judge. Alas!

"Ah, Jak! Right, I'd forgotten about him, let alone his relationship with Nyreena."

"Hmph, you forget quite a bit when it doesssn't sssuit your illussstriousss fancy." The Cybertronian was woefully selfish that way, not to mention pin-headed once riled. "Though, in your defenssse, her relationssship with Mar wasss hardly worth a passsing glance. Two foolsss running amok and needing to be pruned like weedsss; nothing more, nothing lessss. If the ssstupid girl were a ssshallow body of water, I'd hardly get my feet wet." A pond was far too generous for someone as superficial and thoughtless as her. And yes, the irony. Should the ghoul have been a pre-cog, he would have surely chuckled and savoured the moment immensely. Pride goeth before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall, eh, Adonis? How curious that the alien's... shoulder bits betrayed Knock Out's emotions. He would be inadequate during late night poker games with the gents. "Calm thyssself," Fear urged. "I wasss not referring to you, though it can certainly be applied if you wisssh. Your mind hasss already decided it ssso." What a prickly babe! Like handling a screaming overgrown tot with a skin as thin as rice paper. Maybe another good jab will thicken it right up...

"So sue me. I prefer when you wish death upon people here, as opposed to during that fiasco where my life was hanging in the balance! And, of course, you did wind up killing me!"

Hah! And there it was.

Naturally, the helmeted superfiend let loose an impish cackle that would ruffle even the most willful of Knock Out's feathers. "Isss it really death if you are ssstill alive?" he shamelessly taunted. Another otherworldly snigger tickled the Cybertronian's aft-plating. "I did you a favour, mm... If I had not prematurely ended your life, you would have been sssubject to a needlessss battle for a needlesss catassstrophe. I sssaved you the mossst preciousss thing of all mortal creation: time. Don't be ssso quick to bite the hand that feedsss you. You could find yourssself in a sssimilar predicament where othersss might not extend the sssame courtesssy." Hint, hint. Wink, wink. And Knock Out better not make a fool of himself at Livewire's expense, or else the ghoul will really give him something to grouse about, the upcoming dragon fiasco be damned.

"Ugh, sssuch vile, effeminate language..." The old Judge glanced away in disgust and sneered behind his iron helm. Drinky-poo... Positively abhorrent! This was surely the repugnant work of that kenspeckle machine. Poofs - nay, bloody faeries - like him gave the rest of them a bad name!  

Fear clicked his rancid tongue and shook Knock Out's hand with little fanfare, too stiff to enjoy a proper grasp and too numb to feel pretty much anything. "Our pact hasss been forged," he rasped. "I wisssh you well in preparing your place of entertainment againssst the demon'sss wilesss, and that you sssmartly keep your pretty nossse clean. Now, if that will be all, I'd very much like to return to my telly. There'sss a sssupposssedly gory movie on one of the premium channelsss and I wisssh to enjoy a bit of vicariousss carnage. They criticsss rave about it being quite good." And if it wasn't, it should be law that critics be drawn and quartered on the spot for false advertising. Fear would absolutely volunteer for such a noble endeavour!
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 50

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    550/550  (550/550)
    Stamina Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)

Post by Knock Out on Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:32 am

"You know, you're sssmarter than you look,"

"Oho!" With a bright smirk, Knock Out tilted his helm to the side coyly. "What a compliment. I look amazing, and to be smarter than that? Well... You're not wrong, Fear. I am indeed a genius." How kind of the ghoul to toss him a bone~! He chuckled lowly, crimson optics glinting. What had been intended as a backhanded compliment had been refurbished to stroke his own ego! Just the way he loved it. "Competent, hm? Did he have a grudge against robots as well, or would the one I met happen to be a doppelganger?" The Batman was certainly smart, but the Decepticon couldn't imagine anyone who loved to dress up as a bat to be that clever. Ah, but how interesting it would be if good ole Manbat decided to take on Fear! Such a shame that such a thing wouldn't come to be.

"You say that as if I should be ashamed, or otherwise regretful for such a thing. If something is not important enough to tickle my very illustrious fancy, why should I bother to remember it?" Even Fear had to admit that the doomed relationship of Nyreena and Jak was hardly worth the effort of remembering it! For such a shallow woman, the undead being conjured up a burn saucy enough to elicit a haughty laugh. "Ooh, zing~!" And not wrong either! He quite liked Fear's silver tongue, though once the barbs were aimed at himself, such enjoyment lessened quickly. Hence his huffy puffy attitude. Knock Out's mouth turned down in a scowl, helm turning his face away from that glowing helm. "Pardon the skepticism, but you did make such a comment directed towards a doctor. Though you've never lied to me before... So perhaps I may feel inclined to consider your word." He at last admitted, denta gritting together stubbornly.

Of course, the ghoul saw fit to only stir the pot even more! His helm shifted back to glare at the ghoul, optics glowing as his kibble became stiff and tense. "It is death because I remember the sensation of being crushed beneath debris! And after I trusted you and spoke out on your behalf at that!" All those moments Knock Out professed that the Judges may work with them, only for it all to crumble away! Needless to say, should they find themselves together in another situation? The mech was not sticking his neck out for him. He sniffed, a servo idly batting at an odd sensation around his aft. "You also wound up subjecting me to a needless battle the first time! You have caused me trouble and death alike!" This begged the question of why he'd come to Fear of all people for advice, but that was complicated. Not even he would have an answer, and as upset as he was, the mech didn't feel quite angry with the former judge. Just annoyed.

All the more reason to be a cheeky poof! All anger disappeared from the mech's form, replaced instead by a smooth and almost coquettish swivel of the hips and shoulders. "Not to your liking, Fear? Your little purse is hardly the epitome of manliness after all! I would have that you'd like a little...effeminate language~!" Fear wasn't the only one who liked to stir the pot! With a nasty little laugh, he released the ghoul's massive hand and shook his servo in the air to dislodge corpse flacks. "I don't even have a nose, but sure! You and your little household keep clear of the demon's tricks as well, I'd hate to have more work to do." Not surprised to hear that the undead creature was a fan of messy gore. Knock Out found it to be a little too tasteless, but it could be cathartic at times! "Of course, of course. Though, if you'd please...?" It was here that the mech pointed his index digits downwards. Both talons wriggled in the direction of Percy, still parked on the mech's ped. "I'd hate to accidentally kick your dear...pooch." Ugly, panting, derpy thing.
    Fear
    Fear
    Exabyte

Exabyte

Level : 60

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    65/65  (65/65)
    Health Bar:
    650/650  (650/650)
    Stamina Bar:
    120/120  (120/120)

Post by Fear on Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:00 pm

Tch... give a mouse a cookie and they'll surely crawl back for more. Or, in Knock Out's particular case, giving a lowly worm so much as a glance and a pat on its slimy head. Either way, Fear could afford the hit to his otherworldly patience.

...For now.

"I'm afraid I have no recollection of whether or not the Batman dessspisssed mechanical lifeformsss," the fiend rasped. "To my knowledge, we came acrosssss none during our brief foray into Gotham City." How interesting... The Batman shared a prejudice against robots? Can't say Fear blamed the man; automatons were quite... obnoxious. Especially if they were red and thought far too highly of themselves. It was an all too familiar vibe, and one the helmeted superfiend quashed like an insect beneath his rancid heel.  

"You say that as if I should be ashamed, or otherwise regretful for such a thing. If something is not important enough to tickle my very illustrious fancy, why should I bother to remember it?"

The cadaver looked up. "Becaussse the thing you ignore could be the thing that will sssee to your demisssse," Fear answered, tone matter-of-fact. And on this, he was speaking from experience. It was also true for a certain illustrious Cybertronian. "Remember the witch'sss houssse, aye? And I'm not jussst talking about myssself. My involvement, and what I represssented, wasss perfectly clear. I wasss the devil you knew, and continue to know - ssso much, in fact, that you've come to me for aid." And look! There wasn't a single burn on Knock Out's precious metal shell. Well, not physically, at least... The good doctor's bruised ego was another beast entirely. "Ssso insssecure with your own place in the world, are you?" Fear entertained a little huffing of his own, but more so in the fashion a parent would do to an impetuous child. "Are you a doctor firssst, Knock Out? Or are you a cutthroat, a cinema aficionado, a ssspeed junky, or a veteran of a war long, long gone war sssecond? I didn't think you cared about the role you sssimultaneousssly flaunt and reject..." That pompous peacock was far too fickle for Fear's taste, but taking the wind out of Knock Out's sails more than made up for any and all grating encounters.

Like this one, ha ha! Though...

"It is death because I remember the sensation of being crushed beneath debris! And after I trusted you and spoke out on your behalf at that! You also wound up subjecting me to a needless battle the first time! You have caused me trouble and death alike!"

The old Judge's eyes, all several dozen of them, rolled upward in their pulsating sockets and looked to the heavens pleadingly. "Sssigh..." You know what, on second thought, trading barbs with the Cybertronian was more trouble than it was worth. The amount of bitching was downright legendary! Fear merely shook that great iron helmet of his, standing his ground before the porcelain face of that fussy banshee. "Asss far asss I recall," he countered evenly, "we were alssso in a ragtag group of amoral misssfitsss. Had it jussst been you, my brother, and myssself, I don't think many deciding factorsss would've been an issssue. You technically aren't in the ssscope of our old doctrine, and treating the rot from within wasss the only way to finissssh that sssordid messsss."

Had the Cybertronian died? Yes.

Had he also been considered and allowed sway? Yes.

Knock Out's folly was thinking the Dark Judges would value his life above that of the mission's success, or that his opinion would ultimately turn the tide of battle. The way Fear saw it, the Cybertronian had been collateral damage in a desperate bid to return everything to normalcy. Indeed, what was one life versus the mending of reality? "It'sss nothing persssonal," the ghoul added, rigidly shrugging. "We sssaw an opportunity and we took it. And look, you're alive and well now, aren't you? I'd sssay it worked out for the better. Unlessss, of courssse, you'd rather ssstay in a mirror realm where you're the villain of the ssstory, never to essscape the ssshadow of your prior misssdeedsss and doomed to be forever known asss a ssslayer of itsss guardiansss." Oh yes, Fear remembered their brief discussion at the White Queen's castle quite well. Or... was it the Red's? Ah, minor details! They could be forfeit to the deepest recesses of the undead's mind and never be mourned.

"Eh..." Fear's thoughts changed tracks. Kev? Not the epitome of manliness? Well, no. Anyone with half a brain could figure that. "He'sss not overly manly, no. But he'sss not grosssssly flamboyant, either. He'sss juuuuussst right~!" So suck a big fat black willy, Knock Out.

And - oh... right.

Percy.

With a snap of his decrepit fingers and a curt whistle, Fear beckoned for the roly-poly mass of blubber to return to his master's rotted side. "All right, Percy, lad. It'sss time to leave our guessst alone, for he threatensss to kick you like a football and then I will ressspond in kind by crussshing him into a sssmall, metal cube. And we sssurely don't want that, now, do we?" Oh, the smile on Fear's horrid face was downright wicked, but he stayed his penchant for murder and more than happily scooped up the English bulldog into his awaiting tree branches for arms.

"Ah! There'sss my good boy," he cooed, pinching the pupper's generous rolls of skin. "Did you have fun ssspreading your legionsss of bacteria and filth over Knock Out's immaculate finisssh?"

The dog immediately panted, drool spilling forth from Percy's mouth like the majestic Niagara Falls, and promptly - ruff! What a precious sack of potatoes!

"Ha ha! Yessssss." Pleased, Fear 'kissed' his derpy pooch and then set Percy down, regarding the Cybertronian in far better spirits. Next time, they'll have to work on getting the bulldog to scoot his wrinkled rump across Knock Out's plating. "In any event, I have the telly to watch," he hissed. "Farewell, and ssstay alert. You never know what frightening, terrible fate awaitsss around the corner." And with that, the superfiend 'winked', a ghostly light flickering in that ominous iron helm, as Fear marched up the steps and returned to his deceptively cheerful abode. Farewell, Knock Out, farewell. And remember... the thing you ignore will be the thing that kills you.

Or don't.

Your fate was sealed either way.
    Knock Out
    Knock Out
    Petabyte

Petabyte

Level : 50

Character Sheet
    Defense Bar:
    55/55  (55/55)
    Health Bar:
    550/550  (550/550)
    Stamina Bar:
    100/100  (100/100)

Post by Knock Out on Sun Jan 27, 2019 7:19 am

Hm! Slim talons tapped pensively against Knock Out's brightly colored faux goatee. "How interesting... Well! Since you're acquainted with some version of Batman, perhaps I'll keep you updated on him." With Fear's answer, the mech's guess was leaning towards them having experienced different Batmen. What a strange idea... A vigilante who dresses up like a bat! What's next, a cat?

"Becaussse the thing you ignore could be the thing that will sssee to your demisssse,"

Primus, what a blowhard. Bright red optics rolled in their sockets. "Nyreena and Jak's ill-fated romance didn't lead to my demise. I highly doubt any other relationship would!" Regrettably, though, ignoring that awful witch did lead to Knock Out's demise. Such a detail wasn't something he would admit so honestly! Instead, the mech made a big show of huffing and puffing. "Well. What can I say? Devil or not, you're very knowledgeable at times. Irritatingly so." Ugh, and now that ghoul was just...shoving his giant hand into the metaphorical hornet's nest and knocking it about! He crossed his arms over his chassis and let out a flippant scoff. "Your daughter is my only patient. I don't need to be insecure about my role, it's just basically obsolete. I'm Knock Out, which means I am all of those things at once! It's a hard job, but someone has to do it. Why not me?" The mech flicked his helm in a haughty fashion, hardly bruised by Fear's criticism. He was fickle, incredibly so, but he was also him.

"Asss far asss I recall, we were alssso in a ragtag group of amoral misssfitsss."

How unfortunately apt. Their group was inherently flawed. From an apathetic demon who wished to make things worse to a moronic vampire that decided to snack on someone in their entourage! There was also that strange man with green hair who had been in disguise, and Daemeon, who was just the worst. Knock Out chuffed and at last seemed to relent. "That group could hardly tell their heads from their own afts. Every sense of progression saw us falling into ruin just as fast." What a frustrating nightmare it had been. A small frown crossed his porcelain face. It was definitely not easy to admit that this cumbersome ghoul was right! Still, he could...begrudgingly let this one go. His talons flicked in the air flippantly as he turned his face away. "Alright...perhaps you have a point. I would have preferred not to die, but then, I'd prefer not having been involved in the first place. I'd frankly like to forget that that entire thing ever happened." Out of sight, out of mind! No need to consider the darker implications of what it all meant. Life was too short for that, even for one as long-lived as a Cybertronian.

Like Goldilocks and the three bears, Fear somehow found that little toad to be juuuust right! Well! No accounting for taste, but hey. The former Judge was a lurching corpse. Knock Out regarded him with a teasing smirk. "I suppose you two are just perfect for each other, then!" As long as the alien was more satisfying then lukewarm porridge!

A snap of nasty fingers saw Knock Out's pede at last set free! As the fuzzy buns left his metal, the mech raised his foot and rolled the joint with a relieved sigh. Aside from a stray hair or two, he was left unscatched! "Oh, perish the thought, Fear! I would never do that to your beloved drooly thing." If only to avoid becoming a compacted cube. To celebrate his freedom, he performed a showy pirouette! Spinning in place with all the grace of a ballerina and dislodging the stray Percy hairs to settle upon the concrete harmlessly. "Aaah...!" Knock Out came to a stop and smirked at both pooch and master.

"What's that, you say? A reason to pamper myself to remove all scent of dog from my person? What a marvelous idea, thank you ever so much Fear! I knew you cared~!" The mech cooed in turn. Ugh, what a sight to see. A corpse with arms for days, cuddling a wrinkly pooch that drooled like a leaky faucet. It seems even the wise Judge couldn't resist that human desire to baby lesser creatures! Raising two talons to his temple, Knock Out gave his frenemy a sharp salute. "Enjoy your telly. When you crave a bigger screen, don't hesistate to drop by my place sometime~!" With a rich chuckle, he winked back at the looming ghoul with perhaps too much confidence in his voice. "It's been interesting, as always. And worry not for me! I'm always alert!" Such a cheery man, with gruesome warnings for the future. Was he sure he wasn't clairvoyant? That great iron helm turned, and the mech felt some relief that he'd never admit to aloud now that those glowing peepers were off his person. His back was turned to the cheery house, and with thick and plodding footsteps, he took his leave. His fate was already written. Only when it was too late, would Fear's warning finally penetrate that thick helm of his.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:57 am